Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

So I Heard You Had Free Lodging?

Post by Olabisi on Sun May 04, 2014 4:43 pm

DATE: MAY 2ND, 2014
    TIME: 11:30 AM

It had been about an hour since Olabisi had made her rough entrance into Portal Breach. The mummy was still quite sore from the fall. For the most part, she was able to brush off the dirt, but a few grass stains still remained on her dress. The downside of wearing white, she supposed. For a while, she wandered aimlessly, not even knowing the name of whether she liked it or not her new home. She soon found out after asking a friendly bystander. What was their name? Did she even ask? Eh, she guessed that it didn't matter now. The person had pointed her in the direction of an inn, one that supposedly offered free lodging. She would definitely have to check that out.

Eventually, the Thep Khufan female found herself outside the inn. It definitely looked like the place that was described to her. She entered the building, taking a moment to look around the place. It certainly looked like a friendly place, to say the least. This place isn't half bad she thought to herself as she approached the front desk, ringing the bell for service. "Excuse me, anyone? I heard that you offer free lodging?.. Is that true? I'm looking to book a room."

Last edited by Olabisi on Tue May 20, 2014 2:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: So I Heard You Had Free Lodging?

Post by Wind Waker Link on Tue May 06, 2014 7:10 am

Half an hour until lunchtime found the innkeeper of the Stock Pot Inn doing exactly what any growing young men would do at this hour of the day: thinking about what to have for lunch, how big a portion he would have and whether he could time his work perfectly to end at a good place before dashing for food.

The sound of the bell on the front desk cut through his thoughts of steak, pie, cake and pudding and Link blinked a few times, recollecting himself. He exchanged a curious raised eyebrow with his best friend/assistant innkeeper, also called Link, then slowly unpeeled himself from his work. The boy opened the door which lead to the area behind the reception desk and stepped out, blinking even more at the sight of the...the… in fact, he wasn’t very sure what the being was! A very injured person? But surely if you are hurt enough to warrant this amount of bandages, you wouldn’t be able to get out of bed much less make it all the way here to the inn and requesting assistance! Should he attempt to contact the hospital anyway?

The being rather reminded him of the Gibdo enemies he had heard about from his friends’ world. But this one didn’t look hostile…

“Hello,” he wrote on a notepad. “I’m Link, the innkeeper. Yes, we provide free lodging. We have 4 floors. Is there one you would prefer to stay on?”

He turned the message around for the being to read.
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 16

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Tue May 06, 2014 10:37 am

After ringing the bell, Olabisi was approached by... oh my! He looked remarkably like the monster she joined her neighbors in chasing not too long ago. Same species, maybe? No, she was fairly certain that the so-called "monster" didn't have pointed ears like this person. He took a moment to scrawl on a notepad before turning it to face her. It displayed the message:

"Hello. I'm Link, the innkeeper. Yes, we provide free lodging. We have 4 floors. Is there one you would prefer to stay on?"

So this here was the innkeeper! She pondered his question for a moment.

"Floor? No, I can't say that I have a preference. But I would like a room that's warm, one that gets a lot of sunlight."
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Wed May 07, 2014 3:58 pm

One that was warm and get lots of sunlight? Then she was definitely not one of the Gibdo monsters from his friends’ world could get paralysed when exposed to the sun (or was it just the Sun’s Song?). Link regarded the being in front of him curiously wondering if there was anything under the bandages but there wasn’t any tell tale clues, even the eye area doesn’t reveal any form of skin.

The innkeeper consulted his mental map of the premises, gauging each side of the building on how much time it would spend in the sun. The higher floors would be ideal since there was a chance of other buildings nearby blocking the sunlight - not that the neighbouring buildings were remarkably tall.

“I can give you a room on the fourth floor,” he wrote then after a moment of uncertainty, he added almost awkwardly shy, “Would that be okay? You would be able to get up there fine on a daily basis, right? You’re not hurt, are you?”

Hey, better off asking now instead of finding out later that he gave somebody a room that have difficulties reaching, right?
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Wed May 07, 2014 5:14 pm

A faint smile could be made out from under the mummy's facial wrappings. Was she hurt? Olabisi couldn't help but laugh at the question. She could only imagine how she must look to this innkeeper.

"No, I'm perfectly fine. I'm a Thep Khufan, you see. We all look like this. Our skin is just about entirely made up of these bandages. We can do some pretty neat things with them, too. Watch this."

Olabisi backed up from the front desk a bit, ready to demonstrate. One of the bandages that made up her hair lifted seemingly on its own, waving about in the air. It extended outwards until it hovered over the bell, ringing it three times.

"See? Perfectly fine," she said, retracting the bandage back into her hair. "The fourth floor would be great. It should give me a nice view, too. I like a good view."
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Fri May 09, 2014 8:57 am

She was a Thep Khufan. That…. explains a lot? Okay, maybe not because he have no idea what a Thep Khufan was and would very likely spell it wrong as well but it was still interesting to know that there is a kind of people out there called that and looked like this.

His eyes widened at the bandage unravelling, more so at the sight of what was underneath the wrappings than the moving bandage. That was amazing in an eerie way! How do they eat? DO they eat? “Can you get hurt then?” was the amazed and curious question he just had to ask. If they got hurt, how do they heal? Do they regrow bandages? Did that mean the bandages are living limbs? If you cut a square of it off, would it writhe around? So many questions. Needless to say, this was one new tenant he would have an absurd amount of fun learning about.

Childish wonder aside, he reached for a brand new cardkey for her preferred floor, placed it on the desk and also produced a form on the desk for the other party to sign.

Room: 449
    Date: 2nd May, 2014
    Name: ___________
    Signed: __________
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Fri May 09, 2014 10:49 am

Olabisi couldn't help but beam at the curiosity of the innkeeper. Nobody's taken this much interest in her before. "Can you get hurt then?" he asked.

"Of course we can get hurt. We're not immune to pain. I was unfortunate enough to have the portal I came through drop me from the sky. I'm still a bit sore from that, but it could've been worse, I guess." she explained as she wrote down her name, Olabisi. "I could've landed in a lake or something. I don't care for water. While they are mostly waterproof, sure, the water still makes our bandages all heavy and floppy. And then there's fire."

She shuddered a bit at the mention of fire as she passed back the form. Fire was not her favorite, not in the slightest. "Not... Not that I'm scared of it or anything," she lied. "It's just that bandages and fire don't mix well. I'm sure you could've figured that out."
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Sun May 11, 2014 4:43 pm

They can get hurt? "Hah?" he sounded and watched as the bandage lady signed the form. So the bandages have nerves weaved into it, maybe? Or else it's through some sort of foreign power or magic system? This was truly baffling and interesting at the same time and he was looking forward to finding out more about this new tenant.

It could be slowly done over time though. Asking too much at once might make the newcomer feel pressured and he would hate to give that kind of impression. Landing in a new world must surely have...Olabisi? That was how to read her name, right? Yes, surely she have enough to deal with already without an overly curious innkeeper asking her about herself.

"I'm not sure if you have them in your own world but if you don't like fire, I guess you should be careful with the cooking appliances in the room. If you don't want to risk cooking, we do have a restaurant here, just behind the stairs there, and you can have free meals there if you show them your room cardkey."

He smiled then added another message at the bottom of his notepad. "If you need help with anything, just ask a member or staff. You can always find me here at reception during working hours as well."
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Mon May 12, 2014 10:26 am

Warning her about the appliances? How sweet of him! He must really be concerned for her safety.

"No need to worry about me and the appliances, Link," she assured him. "Back on my home planet, just about every home had them, mine included. I'm no stranger to their use. I know how to cook... sorta. My cooking could be better, of course, but it's not bad. At least I don't think it's bad. Maybe my friends told me it was good to make me feel better?.. I really hope not! Oh, I'm rambling, aren't I? Sorry about that."

She turned away from him for a moment, nervously twirling one of her hair bandages. Way to embarrass yourself, Ola! she thought to herself, reluctantly turning back to face the innkeeper.

"I will be sure to let you know if I need assistance, though. Thanks!"
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Tue May 13, 2014 11:04 am

Aha, so Olabisi had used cooking appliances before. That comforted him a bit to hear. He hope the cooking appliances in her world was the same as the ones in this world so that the learning curve wasn’t too steep. He wouldn’t like to hear his new tenant got hurt attempting to make breakfast or something.

“I’m sure you cooking is very good,” he assured, then laughed and pointed at himself. “If you ever need a second opinion though, I wouldn’t mind tasting anything you cook.”

Because if there was anything this boy loved more than many many things, it was food. Whilst the circumstances for arriving into this world wasn’t great, being here allowed him to meet people he otherwise wouldn’t have met and eat a wide range of food that he wouldn’t have even thought of back in his own world.

“Yes, staff members are always around and easy to spot. They’re all very friendly so please don’t be shy in asking about anything.” With that he pushed the cardkey to her room across the desk and towards her before he composed his last message of this round of responses.“We hope you enjoy your stay with us.”

Current date/time is Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:36 am