Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Raise This Barn!

Post by Impa on Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:54 pm

With the framework in mind and the quintet set to continue about their assigned tasks, things appeared to be going smoothly even as they started the next early phase of this project. Between the positioning of the lumber and careful maneuvering of each of them, they all appeared to be getting absorbed in their respective tasks, something that certainly proved the effectiveness of their group. As it was, Impa was keen to move the lumber over to her and Kev's area, ready to assist her friend with each length to be carried them across the way.

"Of course," noted Impa at Kev's thanks. As soon as he moved to the front of the pole as requested and steadied it across his own shoulder, the Sheikah nodded, adding, "Yes, that's perfect. We can carry each one over like this, and then we should be ready to start putting this part all together." They might have taken this first board and each subsequent one together, but working as a duo not only expedited their task as a whole, it also ensured that they would not expend any additional stamina. Before they knew it, they had got a good supply set, and just as Kev asked, it was time to start hammering.

"That's right," stated Impa, nodding to Kev before smiling slightly as he moved to go grab hammers and nails for the two of them. With a glance over to Zurg and Randall to see how their drilling was faring thus far, and another over to Arro as she saw him piecing his own puzzle together, the Sheikah soon found that her friend had returned with the tools and supplies in tow. Taking the hammer and some nails from him, she gestured to the first board before saying, "Thank you. Okay, let's go ahead and get these set, just as the plans showed."

Setting the first nail into place and making sure that everything was lined up, Impa took care of the first nail with quick precision. Tap, tap tap… and onto the next lot!
    Randall
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by Randall on Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:48 pm

The higher up Randall went to assist in the framework, the more he had second guess himself and whether the beams would support his weight. If they couldn't, how would they support a wall, or a roof? As he progressed, the monster had to shift his weight, but continued to keep checking the beams carefully--they had some spares, and it's best to see just how much they could take. Otherwise... something rather unfortunate would most likely happen, and he couldn't have that on his conscience. So, with every beam, he had to stay there for a few moments, and then move forward. It wasn't a hard task, but the whirring of the drill sounded accurate to the headache that seemed to pop up.

"I'm almost finished with part of the framework," Randall announced with a dull tone, the drill almost droning out his voice. What was next after the framework? Waiting for things to dry and making sure things were stable... then would come the walls, if he was remembering correctly. That would mean they were almost halfway done, which felt a little surprising! Hopefully if no one hurt themselves or broke essential pieces, but everyone seemed to know their way around tools and building, and man, that was reassuring.

((NUUUUUUH sorry for the lateness of this!))
    Arro
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 52

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    570/570  (570/570)
    Stamina Bar:
    104/104  (104/104)

Post by Arro on Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:36 pm

Glaring white knives tore through the sky as a maw minced air in a mighty yawn. It stretched on and on until his jaws looked like they couldn't open any wider, then defied expectations by putting in the extra effort to crack open a few further degrees. At the height of it he stalled like a bird gradually falling back to earth and Arro snapped his mouth shut like a vice. A sharp cracking sound like a falling tree pierced the air with incidental veracity. He reflected on that for a moment, to a drai that was a threat, to a human or human-like being he'd appear drowsy. Sloppy either way but it was a hot day and the relative inactivity was making him sluggish. He'd circle the meadow a couple times once the others took a break, that should rouse his adrenaline and maybe flush out the pheasants he'd scented earlier.

Arro lowered his skull to the ground, lining up his eyes with his work and slowly paced. Every lattice was set in place, the planks aligned, notched off and ready for nailing. He was confident in his precision but circled each wall-to-be twice before rendering a final verdict.

"Would one of you please come here and help me nail these together when you've the opportunity?" he requested without taking his eyes off his puzzles. Then held out a talon gesturing precisely, "I'll hold the lattice steady, the wood is marked where the nails need to go."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:59 am

"I guess we do some hammering now, right?"

Some hammering, he guesses... Zurg was beginning to think that perhaps Kev shouldn't be allowed any tools. Ah well. This was the little bugger's project and that was that. The larger of the two aliens glanced away, horns prickling by whatever the heck Arro was doing. Was that a yawn, or...? "Huh." Maybe it was and maybe it wasn't; Zurg was as novice as they came when it concerned dragons. But he was pretty confident with a hammer. "Alright, I'm coming over," he said, taking up Arro's request. The alien was done with his previous task anyway. Hammer in hand and plenty of nails in the other, Zurg made certain to rub a thumb carefully over the notches Arro had made. Splinters were just awful to bother with. He nevertheless hefted up the hammer and gently tacked the first nail into the wood. "Okay, here we go!" And a one, and a two, and a - whack, whack, whack! There, first nail went in without any problems. Good! Now onto the next and the one after that, and the one after that, and the... you get the point.

Progress!

((Hey, everyone! Sorry for taking so long to post; life, yeesh! Anyway, I'd like to suggest the option for a timeskip to get this thread rolling and out of everyone's hair. Now, some of you have already given your opinion on the matter but some of you may not. For those of you who have not, please contact Zimbo with "yes, this is a good idea" or "no, I'd rather work it out". If she doesn't receive answers within a few days, maybe around three, then the timeskip commences and we work on wrapping this bad boy up.

Thanks for reading!))

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:01 am

((Permission has been given by everyone for the timeskip! I'd like to thank everyone who helped to make this thread, and as compensation for the time taken and 'payment' for the barn being built, I'm offering to either; buy two levels for a character you play of your choice or give you 2000 points to an account of your choosing (again, has to be a character you play). Please PM me with which option you'd like, and for which character! Thank you very much~!))

Kev followed Impa's directions, glancing back at her to make sure he was doing the right thing. With the two of them balancing the pole upon their shoulders, the process of moving the lumber became that much easier! "Alright!" The idea of putting all of these wooden parts together...it may as well have been an actual puzzle. Working together, they saved up their energy and soon had a nice pile of wood set up for themselves. It was hammer time, and Kev tried not to waste any time as he fetched the supplies, returning with hammers and nails for the two of them. As Impa took her share, Kev glanced around to see how everyone else was doing. Randall announced that he was almost done with the framework he had been working on, and Arro asked for assistance with nailing his wooden pieces together. Zurg answered the call, helping to hammer in nails where he needed to. Nodding to himself, Kev focused back on his own work with Impa. "Alright!" Keeping his hammer steady, he began to hammer in the nails. Tap tap...

Time: 5:08 PM
    Date: April 30, 0004

Their work had continued, hammering the nails to create a wooden frame for the barn. The meadow had become a cacophony of their hard work. They hammered the frames together, testing it for sturdiness. Going from there, they create actual walls for the barn. Around noon, when the sun was highest in the sky, they had taken a lunch break. Everyone was invited inside of the cottage to get out of the sun, and offered food and drink. Simple deli sandwiches and a deli platter of meats and cheese were their lunch of choice, unless they had brought something of their own. Cool pitches of tea, lemonade and water were offered, served in tall glasses for any thirsty worker to guzzle to their heart's content! The alien would take his own glass and sit out on the porch. The table only had room for two, and from there was the couch and chairs in the living room. Should the cottage prove too small for Arro to enter, Kev would offer the food and drink to him outside. He was free to decline the offer, should he prefer water from the creek and prey from the forest nearby.

After about an hour to relax and rest their weary bones, they were back to work again. The barn was now beginning to resemble an actual barn, on the inside as well as the out. The building carried a strong scent of wood, and the alien relished in it. He inspected each little stall, mentally placing each of his animals in each stall and imagining how happy they would be to have their own space. From here, the group split up. The roof needed to be completed, as it would need to be more than a wooden frame, but there were also doors that needed installing. With people working on each task, the hammering was now joined by the sound of screwdrivers.

Aside from any more breaks anyone may need to catch their breath or get a drink, their work went on uninterrupted, until finally, around 5 PM, it came to a resounding stop. Any hammering, screwing, building and anything else that anyone was doing stopped, and everyone took a step back to admire their work. A wooden barn, a steady and sturdy one. Kev heaved a deep sigh of relief, stepping forward to inspect the building and imagining his fluffy babes inside. It nearly brought a tear to his eye, it did! Though Kev glanced at the sky and caught sight of the position of the sun, seemingly now aware of just how late it had gotten. "Oh Gods, it's kinda late!" He turned back to the people who had joined him to build the barn, hands clasping together in front of his chest. "If anybody needs some dinner, I still have sandwiches inside you can eat! We can also talk about how I can pay all of you for this, but otherwise...I think we're finally done!" He cast a happy, proud look at the barn before turning back to them all. "I'm incredibly grateful for this...thank you all, so much. Especially you Randall, since you spearheaded this thing for me! But really, I couldn't have done this without you all. My animals are going to be so grateful. I'm grateful." Kev inclined his head to the four of them, humbled by their help.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Randall
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by Randall on Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:08 am

Finally, after several hours of hard work and a long day, the barn was finally completed.

The morning started off slow and they eased into a steady pace, and by the time that lunch rolled around, they were done with a majority of the work. Kev was a kind enough host to feed everyone and supply drinks, and once everyone had eaten, they had gone back to work. In the end, though, the barn looked good, and seemed to be sturdy enough to withstand a great number of things. Now, Randall wasn't really into construction like this, but even he had to feel a little pride (even if he didn't show it) towards what he had helped to make. Surely everyone felt a hint of that, at least! With things seeming to be done, Randall looked around at any of the scattered tools and pieces before he stepped forward to being picking them up.

"Oh Gods, it's kinda late!"

Holding a few items, the monster glanced to Kev and then looked up at the sky, merely shrugging, "not too terribly," before continuing gathering items and tossing them in the back of the truck. As he did so, Kev mentioned staying for dinner, to which Randall thought about it... but ultimately decided against it. To be honest, sleep sounded much better than eating!

"I'm incredibly grateful for this...thank you all, so much. Especially you Randall, since you spearheaded this thing for me! But really, I couldn't have done this without you all. My animals are going to be so grateful. I'm grateful."

"It wasn't a bother or anything, and it was something that sounded like it needed to be done. You're welcome, and uh... I hope it lasts for a good while. Everyone did a great job..." It was... weird praising other people for actually being competent, and it wasn't something Randall was used to, the awkwardness and sheepishness becoming all too obvious for probably everyone else. But he cleared his throat and went back to work picking up scraps and extras and tools, placing them in the truck any which way until the area was cleared of debris and anything else harmful or unnecessary.

"Thanks for offer on food, Kev, but frankly, I'd rather sleep for a few days. The lunch was good enough." With a tired yawn and a wave to everyone, once everyone else had made their peace and stated what they felt was necessary, Randall was most likely the first to head out as he entered the truck and started it up. The old thing looked worn and like it had seen several rough patches, but it sounded good once the engine got started, and it made hauling everything so much easier...

Randall has left the thread.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:23 pm

As the quintet continued to work on their task, slowly but surely, the barn began to take shape. They all got a good chunk of work done before noon rolled around, and that proved to be the perfect chance to take a break for lunch. Kev certainly provided delicious sandwiches and drinks, and after a good chance to reenergize themselves and rest a bit, they were set to get back to task again. Their progress became ever more evident as they completed each part of this project, and as they kept it up, Impa could not help but feel the slight stirrings of pride. She had full confidence that they could tackle this project well, but it was still nice to see it all coming together.

Come the hour that heralded the transition from afternoon to evening, their work finally tapered to a smooth halt. In turn, as they each checked over the tasks they had each taken to near the end, they wound up taking a good step back so that they could see just what they had managed to build together. The wooden barn stood firm and steady, and it was quite the nice sight on Kev's land. The Kryptonistanian moved to inspect the barn all for himself, his tentative action eliciting a slight smile from Impa, just before that smile broadened at his sudden exclamation. Laughing softly, Impa found that she had to agree with Randall here. "It's not that late, Kev. I think we did rather well, actually."

Considering the feat they had accomplished, they certainly had. Good teamwork had lent itself to that, and it was certainly something they could all take more than a bit of satisfaction in. As far as the kind offer for dinner went, whilst Impa knew she could wait until she returned to the inn, it was always nice to visit Kev, and now that they had finished working, that was a good possibility. If nothing else, she could help make sure that those sandwiches did not go to waste.

"Another sandwich might be good, but Kev, you need not worry about paying me. That's what friends are for," stated Impa, nodding to him. "I'm just glad I was able to help you see this through." As Kev turned to dole out more thanks, Impa simply folded her arms, smiling softly as they began to settle further. "You're quite welcome, but again, I'm happy we were able to help you and all of your animals." It was a very fine barn and it seemed as though it was going to last a good, long time. Glancing to Randall, Impa noted, "Thank you, and well done yourself, Randall." The project had come together thanks to great planning and teamwork, and in the end, it was definitely a testament to both.

As the monster turned to leave, Impa returned his wave, set to offer any more farewells before finishing up the last part of the afternoon in the meadow.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:48 am

Food, water, back-breaking labour in the midst of the afternoon heat... Yep, just your average act of charity. The group finished Kev's barn in record time and things held surprisingly well, which meant it was finally time to go home and rest these aching old joints. And of course to park his butt in front of the air conditioner all night!

"Ahhh..."

Cue a tired, worn out Zurg. Like the others, he was simply glad that things were at last complete and done to satisfaction. Hey, can't beat a quality construction job - and a free one, too! Kev got a terrific good deal. "That's quite alright, Kev," he said, walking over to wrap a thick arm around the smaller alien. A little protein would do him some good, come to think... "Consider this recompense for the, he he, gardening fiasco, hmm~?" Kev knew the one. Oh, but these aches and pains! No amount of rubbing his shoulders and elbows lessened the creeping fatigue settling into his body, and the monarch knew that it wouldn't be much longer before he dropped into a deep, restful sleep. Sigh... and here the alien had been hoping to get some bookkeeping done before the next month started. Guess you can't win them all, huh?

"Thanks for offer on food, Kev, but frankly, I'd rather sleep for a few days. The lunch was good enough."

"See you around, Gucci." Now go drive around in your beat up truck and bake those 'recreational' cupcakes of yours. Speaking of which, Zurg heard they could be quite the effective pain relievers... Ah well, he let the thought drift away from him and instead rested his weary focus on their scaly friend. To take home a sandwich or to be polite and wait until tomorrow's breakfast... Eh, you know what they say: waste not, want not! "I'd love to have another sandwich before going," Zurg decided. "You know, to accompany me on the road and keep me awake!" Perhaps it hadn't been a very good idea to leave the bike in the city, but craters if that exercise hadn't been worth every step. He pardoned himself for a moment to step inside and nab a quick bite for the journey, returning with his snack in hand. "Alright, I suppose you want us out of your scales so you can wash up and relax; you look positively beat!" And with good reason, too. Grateful for his host's kindness and for trusting the monarch in the first place, Zurg gave his little buddy one last meaningful hug before starting on his long walk to the city. "See you around, Kev! You two as well, Impa and Arro! It's been a pleasure working beside you." Thus the alien was off, beginning his trek with a light jog to get his blood pumping and his joints cooperating.

Definitely going to soak in the bathtub for a long while after this.

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Arro
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 52

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    570/570  (570/570)
    Stamina Bar:
    104/104  (104/104)

Post by Arro on Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:26 am

Arro stood up and shook himself from snout to tail, filling the air with dust, then stretched a hind-leg towards his first pair of shoulder blades and gave it a sharp scratch before turning back towards the barn. A scattering of scorched feathers were all that remained of the three pheasants he'd ambushed, caught well away from the cottage after a brief glide over the surrounding fields. Kev was kind to have made them all a meal but nothing filled his stomach quite like roasted fattened poultry.

Meandering away from his spot through the grass and under the circling grove, Arro could soon see the others saying their goodbyes on the shady deck, and spy the decimated remains of Kev's sandwiches on the distant table. It seemed he reappeared just as the others were departing.

Arro waltzed up to the porch, saying goodbye to the others as they passed and then gazed up at the now fully completed barn. It was a satisfying sight, and certainly would be a luxury to the lucky sheep and other creatures soon to fill it's walls. He was surprised they had finished it as quickly as they had, thinking getting used to one another would give them a slow start, but once the project began and they all had picked their roles the time just seemed to race away.

Although...

He cocked his head in the evening sun,

It could use a coat of red paint.

He lowered his gaze from the glare off the new rooftop in time to dip his head as Zurg gave his farewells. Perhaps he should get moving too, though at the moment he didn't have anywhere else pressing to be, he had multiple hideaways but he never felt overly inclined to return to them without any looters or rivals to keep away.

Arro walked over to Kev and spoke in his usual textured rasp, "I'm glad I was able to help, I haven't exactly done anything close to carpentry before but it looks like the barn pulled together nicely, your herd should be thrilled," he grinned at that and then trotted down the dirt path. "I'll head out after sleeping off my catch in the trees over there, if anything exciting happens feel free to prod me with a stick or something, evening Kev!"

With that he stretched and bounded off into the shadowy grove, disappearing with the quickness and quietness of a cat. He'd find a well sheltered tree to curl up beneath and be gone by nightfall.

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:26 pm