Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Raise This Barn!

Post by Kev on Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:25 pm

Kev nodded to Impa, chuckling a little. "I bet their reactions will be great." The animals might be confused when they first enter the barn, but he'd like to think they'd also love it. Some nice shelter to live in...who could deny that? Marvin, meanwhile, inclined his head slightly at Impa's words. There was a hint of curiosity as he wondered what Kev might have told Impa, though it might be rude to ask. Excellent help and company sounded like good things to hear though. The water had been given, Zurg taking it and drinking easily. "You're welcome." As he had 'grown', there were actually a few questions on his 'mind' that he may ask Zurg about, though for now he merely matched the alien's gaze and drew back quietly, to observe the group.

Kev turned to Randall, listening and giving him a firm nod. "Alright, that's fine! I'm sure I can find a use for just about every room, no problem." With the plans looked at and approved, it was time now to unload the truck! Kev followed Impa, Arro and Randall to it, grabbing the tools as they seemed to be the easiest for him to hold and grab. The cement bags looked awfully heavy...he glanced back and saw that Zurg had been returning the glass, making a quick noise of approval before turning his attention back to the truck as he laid out the tools. It seems though, that there were still things to consider for the barn. Namely, how to use the cement. It could either be used on the corners to keep creatures from digging in, or by making the entire floor cement. A cement floor would be easy to clean...but it may also be rough on the hooves of his animals. "Hmm..." Kev pondered, brows furrowed. He glanced at Arro as he asked a question, though it seemed like one that Randall could answer best. His eyes again shifted back to the cottage as Zurg walked out, having apparently heard them.

A dirt floor had its own cons and pros. Being better, money wise, but a pain in a flood and likely to wear down. It was also very dirty, and he'd rather not wash such fuzzy creatures every other week. Cement would hold in the smell of urine, but it was easier to clean. Especially with a hose. Bedding could also improve the pressure on the feet of the animals, keep them from getting hurt. "They wouldn't be in here all the time so that'll probably help with the cement too." If they had to stand in the barn all day, standing on such a hard floor, those little feet would get all split up and hurt! A drainage system was also suggested. "Thank you Zurg, that helps! I think I might do the cement floor, then. Get tons of hay for them to lay down on. And if the drainage system's too hard, I can just use a shovel or something to scoop out the dirty hay, spray and clean the cement down, then let it dry before putting new hay in. How's that sound?"

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:17 am

Impa nodded in agreement with Kev. It was always very interesting to see how animals might react to new housing or even enrichment items, but she had absolutely no doubt that after a little bit of time to get used to it, all of her friend's livestock would find their new home to be especially nice and cozy. As far as Marvin's curious head tilt went, Impa simply smiled softly to him, soon watching the exchange between the robot and Zurg.

With a nod to the monarch before Randall detailed just what the previous paper had noted, Impa soon hoisted up one of the bags of cement mix to help get it into place. Cement in the corners was a very sensible suggestion, as whilst the Sheikah had only become familiar with that material once she had arrived in this world, the principle for stabilizing the corners of a building held true across most worlds. As far as using it as a base of the barn went though, that was still a newer design for her, and that stood regardless of the dirt floors she had known back in Hyrule. The stall areas of the first basement back at the inn were cement based at the deepest level, but they did have a very thick layer of straw on top of some softer flooring layers to help compensate for the specific location. Before she could note her own experience with the dirt floors, Zurg took the chance to explain the benefits and drawbacks to both dirt and cement barn floors. Nodding to echo his words as she continued to help unload the truck, she added, "Mats and bedding are especially helpful if you choose to go with the cement base on the whole, or even for the center, with the individual stalls padded and/or just dirt based. That is actually the way that we set up the stalls we have at the inn for the cows, Link's horse, and a certain polar bear dog. That's a little different since it is inside, especially as weather does not have to be considered, but the principle for it is the same. The softer layers on top of the cement work quite well there."

In the end, after weighing out heavy advantages and disadvantages to either option, Kev decided to go with the lower maintenance cement floor. Between the straw, additional layering, and a potential drainage system, it appeared that the barn was going to be more that set for both comfort and efficiency. With a strong nod to Kev at his reasoning, Impa noted, "That sounds like a fine idea. With a sturdy base, plenty of straw and padding, and general upkeep, it should prove to be good home for all of them."

Between the five of them, unloading the truck had not taken much time at all. Now that Kev had come to a decision about what sort of base to focus on, they would be able to determine just how to set up the support posts and corners.
    Randall
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by Randall on Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:58 pm

Well, then. It seemed everyone knew their stuff when it came to this! It would certainly help, as Randall wasn't diverse in the ways of animals and caring for them, really. He knew only basic things, but it was good everyone else knew more on that subject. And it seemed the decision was for a full cement floor, with a drainage system of sorts. He wasn't sure if he had anything that could be used for it in the truck he had, but he could. The truck itself had many things that not even Randall knew about. He just used to to get back and forth to places, mainly during the winter months. Either way, they'd figure something out. First thing's first, though, the cement needed to be made.

That's where the barrel came in--while they could empty the cement bags and mix it up to work well, Randall would be getting thick and tall pieces of wood to firmly plant where his flags were. This would make the border, you see, and the cement would stay inside as it hardened. After that, they'd be able to start the actual building upwards of the barn. Keeping things in place wouldn't be too hard, and Randall had little trouble setting everything up within about 10 minutes--a barrier had been made, and the cement could start going in after he had checked the areas where the support beams would be going. If they were too loose, any cement they had afterwards could be used to keep them in place, just like with the outer beams. As for Arro's question, Randall was a little too preoccupied with keeping everything set and ready for the cement to be poured, and only could answer vaguely, "I'd say at least 5 to 6 feet deep, with some cement to help keep them steady," and that was all he stated.

Sorry, Arro, he just didn't want the resources they had at hand to be wasted! Zurg or Impa could answer the question far better, no doubt.
    Arro
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 52

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    570/570  (570/570)
    Stamina Bar:
    104/104  (104/104)

Post by Arro on Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:53 pm

It seemed like the question as to what to do with the flooring had been settled. Arro knew of the habits of hooved lehrall and how best to dispatch them, but nothing about what was comfortable under their keratinous digits, or how they liked their bedding. For concerns of animal husbandry he was thankful Zurg and Impa were present.

As they conversed, Randall moved around the perimeter of the barn, inspecting and placing the beams where they would eventually be installed.

"I'd say at least 5 to 6 feet deep, with some cement to help keep them steady," he stated absently, addressing his question as he worked.

Arro watched him momentarily before ruffling his scales in effigy of a shrug, then bent down to begin digging out the holes the support beams would be placed in, soon to be followed by the cement that would seal them there. His long large hands and stature made shovels obsolete, he could dig more efficiently on his own than by trying to hold the small tools, and so he plunged his clawed appendages into the dirt, plowing through the soil with his shoulders heaving behind him.

Five and a half feet through packed earth would take some time, but Arro worked like a machine, once begun on a task he showed no signs of slowing or tiring. He guessed on the diameter of the holes, making them wide enough to leave one foot of space around the beams for the cement to settle in. When he finished the first, he used his tail to clear away the excavated mound of soil and placed it's associated beam upright within the hole. He began repeating the task, following Randall around the perimeter and digging out each hole for the support beams where the reptilian being indicated, ensuring he dug each one to the same dimensions as he had created the previous.

Each time he began his head and long arms disappeared nearly entirely into the ground as he reached the hole's maximum depth, when he emerged his scales and horns were caked with dirt but the dragon didn't seem to notice. With his attention fully absorbed in his task, what would normally take several hours to dig with a shovel took twenty minutes for Arro. Which considering the amount of holes to be dug was still plenty of time for the others to mix the cement.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:21 pm

"An excellent choice, Kev." Considering the animals will most likely be spending most of their day outdoors upon luscious meadow grass, a night on hard cement with bedding beneath their hooves shouldn't be too harsh. Kev will just have to make sure that he cleans the barn and keeps things sanitary. "If you'd like the drainage system and prefer less labour, we'll have to design it today. Otherwise, it's the manual route." It may be too hard to install one on the fly, however. Even with everyone here and their unique experiences regarding livestock and barn techniques, they weren't miracle workers. "I think it sounds great either way," Zurg replied. "Both are doable and both have their fair share of challenges." Impa's knowledge concerning a similar set-up at the Inn only, ahem, cemented this decision.

...Too soon?

While others were hard at work getting the barn's border ready, Zurg had a chore of his own. First things first, though! He reached into his backpack, the very same one that looked more like a prickly, misshapen rock than it did a bag, and he pulled out several things: a pair of sturdy gloves, protective eye wear, and a hardhat - it even had little holes for his horns. There was more were these came from, too, so don't be shy; except for Arro, naturally. The alien glanced at Randall and casually shrugged, "I rather like my body parts." Old safety concerns die hard.

He left the monster and hopped onto the truck bed with eyes searching for - aha! One grass-shredding rototiller, the monarch carefully dragging it out. It was an awkward-looking thing with a gasoline motor that required a crank or two, but it ought to get the job done well enough. Boy, the monarch hadn't seen something so rudimentary since... well, an automobile! Where did Randall get all this stuff, anyway... "Alright, I'm going to be clearing the unwanted vegetation," he said, alien and machine now back upon ground-level. Thanks to Randall's good thinking and previous outline, Zurg already had boundaries in place and he gave the rototiller's motor a good tug. "Watch your toes!"

Zurg wasn't going to be held responsible for any severed appendage.

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:13 am

Impa brought up the interesting idea of mats. Mats may be a bit harder to clean, but perhaps he could look into ones with plastic covers over them that could slip off and be easily rinsed off. He had nearly forgotten that the inn had stalls in the basement where they stored a few animals. Namely, some cows, Link's horse, and an odd dog...bear thing. He'd only seen it in passing once. Even though it was a little different, Impa said that the idea of cement with soft layering worked for those animals. In the end, the decision was made. With a sturdy base to keep pests out, a soft bedding for the animals to lay on and insulation, and a way to keep it nice and clean, this barn was shaping up to be a good one!

"Couldn't have come up with it without your advise." He nodded his head lightly to Zurg and Impa at their approval. "For now, it might be best to just do the barn. I'll do it manually for a while and if it seems like its fine enough, I can stick with that! If its too much work, I'll set about getting the drainage system installed." Randall began to make a barrier with large pieces of wood, Arro putting his big grippers to work to help dig holes for the poles, and a safety prepared Zurg began to cut down the vegetation in the area! "Guess that leaves us with the cement, Impa! I'll get the water hose." He disappeared in the direction of the greenhouse, and returned, dragging a hose behind him. "I'll turn it on when we need the water but first, lets put this cement into the barrel!" He grabbed up one of the bags, struggling slightly but still managing to pour the thick, heavy powder into the barrel. "Ugh...smells kinda dusty..."

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:35 am

Be they interlocking, removable mats, covers, or something comparable, Impa was glad that her detailing some of the inn's setup had proven helpful for her friend. Between the examples and information laid forth by Zurg and herself, everything was in order, and the Sheikah returned Kev's nod with a slight one of her own. Doing the barn itself was certainly a wise decision, as it was best to start out with the basics and then work from there. Impa had a strong feeling that everything would likely prove to work out just fine for Kev, but at the very least, the building would be easy enough to modify.

Smiling softly at seeing the safety gear set out by Zurg, Impa moved to grab a pair of protective eye wear and thick gloves, opting to save the spare helmet for when she might need it more. She was sure that she would have been just fine with her own two hands, but seeing as the gear was provided, it was best to take advantage of it  Adjusting the clear goggles over her sharp, red eyes, Impa stated, "Ah, thank you Zurg. I believe we're extra set now." She might have been confident in her own skills to the point of potentially not wearing them, but the Sage of Shadow valued safety very highly.

As Randall took to setting the barrier up, Arro moved to dig up the base for them around Zurg's steady tilling of the area. Those three tasks were set, and thus left the cement for Kev and Impa. Nodding to her friend, she noted, "Indeed it does. And whilst you do that, I'll make sure the barrel is in a secure spot." It was already close to it, but with some careful maneuvering, the Sheikah soon had their mixing barrel set right where they would need it to keep it from tipping over, as well as where it could best be used once they had better mixed the cement.

By the time Kev returned, Impa had opened up the first of the bags of cement powder, right before effortlessly hefting it up into her arms. "That sounds like a good idea. We'll have a good base prepared, and we can then use the water to start mixing it up for us." At that, she began to carefully pour the powder into the barrel, soon chuckling a bit at Kev's assessment of it. Tilting her own bag so as to better get more of the cement out, Impa stated, "That's to be expected, I suppose. That should clear up as soon as we start to mix it with the water, though."
    Randall
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by Randall on Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:09 am

Zurg's thought wrote:Where did Randall get all this stuff, anyway...

Let's just say it was a steal...

But that's for people who actually want to know about his return. Otherwise, nothing interesting about it, really. The truck was used to get to point A to point B, and it just so happened to have a bunch of good tools for projects like this as well. Convenient, and he didn't have to spend a dime. Or whatever the currency was called. Bits? Credits? Credits, right? Randall didn't know, the money here was strange. But as his mind came from money to his current objective, it would appear he was done. Everyone else finished their jobs accordingly as well, so that just left to pouring the cement and making sure it dried evenly, while getting things ready for the next part.

The next part would be a breeze with Arro's wings and everyone's strength.

Hrm... maybe not Kev. Him and his noodle arms. Randall had more muscle than Kev, even if he had never beaten someone to death with his bare hands. He could though.

"Walls and stuff like that can start being set up once this cement is dry. Shouldn't take too long..." not in this weather. But he'd have to make sure it came out smooth, and it didn't seep through the barriers. If he had to guess, he'd say they were almost half way done already! Maybe this really wouldn't take so long...
    Arro
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    570/570  (570/570)
    Stamina Bar:
    104/104  (104/104)

Post by Arro on Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:37 pm

Arro pulled his horned head out of the last of the holes with a spray of debris and shaking of scales. He stepped away, still shedding dirt, and surveyed his work. It had taken time, and a few had to be re-dug when his horns caught on the tunnel walls, but all holes had been completed.

He swiped his long tongue over his maw and turned to watch the others. Randall was wrapping things up, the cement was still being mixed and Zurg had retrieved something to clear the remaining vegetation.

A motor roared to life as blades guided by the former emperor started to spin. He sniffed the machine on the approach, then side-stepped the plant decapitator and settled down on a patch of grass clear of it's path. With Impa and Kev crowded around the barrel he'd just be in the way, so he seized the small lull in action to expel the remaining dust itching under his scales. Lots of fastidious licking ensued.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:23 am

Tilling the earth wasn't such a hard chore when a machine was involved, but it certainly took the struggle out of it... Zurg every now and then glanced up from his task to note how the others were doing. Three of them were handling the cement while a fourth was busy cleaning himself free of dust. Aw, reminded the monarch of how both Homo and Shalti groomed themselves every bright afternoon as they basked in the sun's gentle rays. He averted his gaze and resumed focusing upon nursing the earth, Zurg not wishing to be rude or prying. "After uprooting all this nonessential vegetation and clearing the weeds, I'll need someone to help me sweep it all up. Have to make everything nice and smooth for the cement layer," said the alien. And once the cement was finished mixing and the barn's foundation later dried, they could really get their project going. Could they actually get this finished by early evening, though?

Not wanting to let the alternative come to pass (this being that they did not finish before nightfall), Zurg increased his efforts and worked both himself and the rototiller harder. Give him about ten more minutes and then this plot of land will be ready for the next phase.

Shouldn't take much longer with Randall's generously "donated" tools.

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:45 pm

As Impa began to get suited up with some safety gear that Zurg had brought out, Kev wondered if he ought to suit up as well. Though, he did already have gloves on. Even though they had flamethrowers inside, they were also pretty good at keeping his hands protected from the elements! Goggles could be really hard to find as well...though he did have a pair inside that would fit his eyes, he decided in the end to just forgo it. As long as his hands were protected and he didn't shove his face into the cement powder, it wasn't like they'd run into many issues or problems, right?

"Alright!" He gave his friend a brief salute as he went about retrieving the water hose and dragging it to their spot. Impa was already all set to pour the mixture into the barrel, so he helped her where he could. Primarily, aiming the end of the bag and grabbing the end of it so it wouldn't slip and slide out of her arms, though the Sheikah had a pretty good grip on it. The heavy powder settled to the bottom of the barrel, Kev staring down at it with a blink. He'd never really seen cement in this stage or the one it'd be in once the water was added. He primarily saw it as it appeared in the city, already hard and sturdy. To think that such hard cement was basically a mixture of dirt and minerals and water was...strange.

The lean alien grabbed up the hose, guiding the end into the barrel before handing it to Impa. "Here you go, I'll be right back! Have to turn it on. Keep a steady grip on that, okay?" He went around the side of the greenhouse again, turning the faucet on. At first, a few drops of water may come dribbling out of the hose, but soon there would be a steady stream filling up the barrel. Kev returned briskly, grabbing up one of the stir sticks and stirring the mixture up to remove any stubborn clumps. He glanced around to see how everyone else was doing, Randall had finished setting up the area and informed that once the cement had dried, they could start with the walls. "How long does it take cement to dry, anyway?" Maybe if they were lucky, the breeze and the sun could help it dry faster.

Arro had finished his part of the job also, and was cleaning himself up. He sort of resembled Shally in a way, actually! The sight was a little cute, though he soon turned back to his job of stirring the cement, eyes flickering briefly to Zurg. "Right, otherwise it'll be all lumpy, and things'll poke through it!" He wouldn't mind helping Zurg sweep up whatever bits were left, but he also didn't want to hod every little job that cropped up. He'd asked for volunteers for a reason, after all. If he was going to try and do everything himself, what was the point? Still, he was quick to offer, "If no one else wants to do it, I can help you Zurg. But otherwise I'm fine here with the cement!"

Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:00 pm

Impa gave Kev a grateful nod as he helped steady the end of the bag she was holding, for even though she'd had a good hold on it, it was always nice to make sure it was extra secure. Much like her friend, the Sheikah had not been that familiar with cement until she had arrived in this world, but around some of the repairs to the inn in her time here, she'd learned a little more about the building material. Stonework and the like were far more common back in her home of course, but the mixture that helped cement form and then be placed was as intriguing as it was useful.

"Of course," noted Impa, nodding to Kev again as he went to go turn on the hose. Keeping a good hold on the bag before emptying it and turning her attention to the hose instead so that it would not shoot itself out of the barrel once the water pressure was active. In short order, he was right back by her side, mixing the cement to help keep it smooth around her own work with the water. At his question, she glanced to the bag they'd just deposited before stating, "It depends on the mix and the amount you've laid out, I believe. It should not take too long given the weather we've got."

As Randall, Arro, and Zurg worked on finishing their initial tasks, Impa made sure that the water flow was able to continue to help properly mix the cement in the barrel. Thus far, between the water distribution and Kev's mixing, it was looking like it was starting to get something of a proper consistency, but they'd still need a little more water before this first batch was set. At Zurg's request and Kev's offer, Impa added, "I'd best make sure this continues to mix properly so that it can be best set and applied." That way, no matter who wound up helping the monarch, the cement would still be taken care rather soon.
    Randall
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by Randall on Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:06 am

((Sorry for taking so long to reply! Everything's everywhere and I'm losin' it, haha!))

Looked like it was near time to fix the cement; everything was set up for it and after they let this dry, they could take a small break and then get back to work, which would be setting up the posts and walls. Then it'd just be a matter of how well they could keep a wall up. Shouldn't be too hard, right? "Once the mixture is ready, the more people that can make sure the cement is laid evenly and smoothly, the faster we can get it all set," the monster said as he walked around and triple-checked his work. Everything seemed to be in place, and they'd be ready once Kev and Impa took care of it. As for sweeping...

Taking a broom (two of them, actually), Randall put to use his multiple hands and followed Zurg to clean up his tilling mess. Kev, Impa and possibly Arro could smooth out cement better than he could at the moment, though, and probably faster. "Try and distribute that stuff nice and easy, we don't have room for many mistakes..." He had a lot of stuff for them to work with, but not everything could be 'magically infinite'... like the fridge at the Sanctuary. Of course, that probably had random supplies they could use, just because it was strange like that...
    Arro
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    570/570  (570/570)
    Stamina Bar:
    104/104  (104/104)

Post by Arro on Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:46 pm

((I'm sorry too, been super busy lately))

Arro listened quietly to the work and discussions around him as the barbels on his tongue plied grain after grain of sand and dirt from under his flared scales. Though the air was shaking with the groan of the rototiller, he could distinctly separate and extract the voices and noises of gurgling lime and clay from the fray. After a few minutes had passed, he was as clean as he cared to be, and the ground was littered with cut grass and the air heady with it's juices. It was a novel scent to someone never before experienced with mowers and their aftermath. Randall began sweeping up the debris, making use of his multiple forearms and two good sorghum bristled brooms.

The dragon shook himself and rose to his feet as he sensed activity picking back up, he moved towards the cement mixture, peering over the heads of the others at the liquid gray poultice. It was strange seeing the material in it's embryonic form, his only other experiences of it were as old cracked slabs suffocated with moss and sewn through with roots. If he hadn't been told this was cement he never would have known, much less imagined it started off as mud.

"I'll begin spreading this barrel," he affirmed, nodding after listening to Randall's instructions.

Arro cradled the mixture securely in his arms, walking quadruped on his wings once again towards the support beams. He held the barrel with no visible effort, and sat back on his haunches next to the holes, using his newly freed wings to hold the support steady as he poured the mixture around them as smoothly as pouring water. He shifted the barrel around the holes, layering the sludge as evenly as possible, then moved to the next poles as he finished. Once the poles were cemented he'd move on to spreading the floor.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:48 pm

((No worries, you two!))

And here came Randall with all his fantastic limbs, bless him.

Sweeping up all the discarded vegetation was thankfully an easy chore. Zurg killed the rototiller's motor and pushed it aside near the monster's truck, where it will hopefully remain for the rest of the day. "Alright, let's get to cleaning." And away they go, shuffling up and down the plot of land while worsening allergies without a care. Sniffles plagued the monarch as he tried not to rub his eyes; Zurg was successful 60% of the time. For the rest, there were teary eyes and quiet grumbling. But hey, at least the barn was coming along beautifully, right? After the both of them finished ridding the project area of debris, Arro lumbered over and began evenly spreading out the cement for support beams. Things were looking good! "Hang on before we cement the base. Need to compact the dirt," Zurg piped up. And to do that, the alien simply stomped his feet around and flattened any disorderly lump he caught. If there was something he couldn't beat into submission, the alien used his hands to remove and toss it to the side.

"Whenever you want to spread the cement over and make the first slab, be my guest." Because the plot was now ready. Hopefully the others were right and that their agreeable weather would help dry out the cement at record speeds. In the meantime, let's see what else needed to be done! "I'll get the wooden forms ready," Zurg offered. "This way the slab's edge will be nice and straight." And an uneven slab was an unhappy slab.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:05 pm