Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Raise This Barn!

Post by Kev on Thu May 01, 2014 1:37 pm

Time: 6:51 AM
    Date: April 30, 0004

He could barely sleep all night, he was so excited! The barn was finally going to go up! There wouldn't be anymore 'Oh, maybe someday I'll get that thing up' or 'next year's better, definitely next year'. Eventually though of course, he had to fall asleep. He wasn't going to be much use building a barn if he was half asleep. He'd woken up bright and early and gotten the place ready. All of the animals had been fed, the dogs had been let out to potty before being cooped in the house so they wouldn't get hurt in the construction. Llama, Chester, and all of the sheep had been herded over to a corner of the yard, away from where the construction would probably be. He'd even made sure to pick up some things for the people who'd be working!

Since Randall was going to handle a lot of the supplies, Kev would handle the food and drink! ...Not that he was cooking it himself, of course. He wasn't the best cook around. No, he'd picked up some deli sandwiches from the supermarket, as well as a deli platter with some meats, cheese, and crackers. He hadn't been entirely sure what to get, but that would work, right? He'd also made some tea and lemonade, and put a pitcher of water in the fridge alongside the other two beverages to keep them cool. After a long day of construction, they were definitely going to be thirsty!

No one had shown up yet, though it would likely be soon. All four of them knew where he lived, so he'd decided not to put his address on the board. Kev waited on the front porch, swinging his feet a bit. Sitting next to him was a certain robot. "Oh, I can't wait, Marvin! This is going to be so fun! We're gonna build a barn, and the animals are gonna have a warm place to sleep, away from predators. Ooh, when its winter, I can put tons of hay in there to keep them warm! They're all gonna be so cozy and snug~!" He brought his fists up and trilled happily.

"The animals will like having somewhere to sleep." Marvin agreed softly. Kev had told him who all would be coming over, though the only one he was familiar with was Zurg. Kev's descriptions of the others didn't help too much either. "Do you think I'll be needed...to help build this?" He did have some strength to offer, after all.

Kev looped an arm around the robot and nuzzled the cool, metal head. "Well, if you're not needed out here, you could always help watch the animals inside! You know how Percy likes to chew when he's bored." The robot considered before nodding in agreement. Until then, he didn't mind keeping Kev company outside, waiting for people to arrive.

((BRIEF APOLOGIES! I completely zoned out and forgot that yesterday was the last day of the month, so I didn't even think to put the thread up. Then I realized that it was May...here it is now, however! I figure maybe the order that people end up posting for this round can be the posting order? And thanks for joining, everyone!))

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Raise This Barn!

Post by Impa on Fri May 02, 2014 1:13 am

Between checking back at the bulletin board for Kev's addendum and catching her friend a few times prior to the decided date, Impa was most certainly ready to help him build a new barn. She was thankful that she had also had the chance to touch base with Randall both at the Inn and Sanctuary regarding the task, and sure enough, the time had finally come for them to tackle it… and admittedly, the Sage of Shadow was looking rather forward to it. Whilst the monster had made sure to get the truck and necessary pieces ready as per their previous discussion, Impa herself had decided to head out nice and early to go ahead and make sure things were set out at Lovers' Meadow. She made sure to have a good breakfast with her four charges first, and a good warp spell later, she soon found herself in the clearing shortly past Kev's property.

The sun was just starting to rise by now, so with the soft light in the sky, there was an especially nice air about the Samba Heartlands. As Impa moved towards her friend's cottage, she glanced over towards the main yard, noticing that the animals had already been grouped towards a further corner inside the fence so that they would be nice and clear from the building site. Hopefully they would all stay a good distance from the work, but if any of them sought to venture closer, the Sheikah was more than set to help wrangle them up and even use some magic to help make sure that they did not wander about too much.

As she approached the house, Impa soon smiled warmly at spotting both Kev and who she presumed to be Marvin. She had not met the robot just yet, but she had heard plenty about him from her friend around his visits to the city and their own early winter outings in the area. Nearing the front porch, Impa nodded and waved to Kev, greeting, "Good morning, Kev. It's good to see you."

With a nod to Marvin as well, Impa glanced back to Kev, asking, "Are you set for today?"
    Randall
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by Randall on Fri May 02, 2014 3:59 pm

Augh...

He hadn't woken up this early since being here. He had no reason to. So when the alarm went off at 5 AM, Randall mumbled a few choice words and pushed the clock off the stand. When it went off again 5 minutes later, he growled and kicked it away. And when it went off again another 5 minutes, he finally got up and threw the thing out the window. That last part probably wasn't the wisest of decisions, but it got him up and he remembered why he set it so early. Kev, barn, today. Right! Good thing he had gone a few days earlier with that truck he had to pick up supplies. They were ready and waiting down in the garage, but he still felt groggy. A cup of coffee and a thermos full of it made it a lot easier to wake up and head out.

The truck he had was old and had been 'found' near the wastelands, and it seemed the sand that still filled it began to bother it more as it stalled and died a few times on the way over. This caused the monster to be later than he wanted, trying to fix the stupid thing on the side of the road and what have you. Today was turning out to be a sour day, it seemed... Steam rose from the engine as Randall lifted the hood and backed up a bit, letting it release before he took a look. "What now?" he asked himself as he kept a tool box nearby, carefully examining the pieces of the engine. Some cars passed him on the road and honked, some asked if he needed help which he declined and others... well, they were pretty grumpy.

After finally getting the thing to not stall or break-down after a few miles, Randall managed to get into the grasslands with ease. It was a lot nicer than in the winter, at least. It smelled better and it was warm and sunny--or it would be. He could feel it. It'd be a great day weather wise for something like this. It was still a little cold due to the morning of course.

Rolling up to the cottage, Randall parked the truck and stepped out, only to step back in. Cold grass. Cold. Not what he was expecting for a moment, but he had to realize what time it was. Stepping back out, he walked over to see Impa had arrived before him. "Impa," he said in greeting, nodding his head to her as he looked over at Kev. "I got everything we'll need, I think. Did you pick a spot where it should go?" he asked before he covered his mouth to yawn. Still too early.
    Arro
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 52

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    570/570  (570/570)
    Stamina Bar:
    104/104  (104/104)

Post by Arro on Fri May 02, 2014 8:11 pm

Flitting over the earth, watching valleys and copses of trees rising and flickering into light and shadow, flew a small draconic shape. He glided at a low enough altitude that his silhouette and color could not be mistaken for that of a bird. He wasn't hunting today and his destination was within view, the height was unnecessary and so he made no attempts at discretion.

He glanced at the rays of light filtering through the clouds above; streaming out at an angle nearer to the eastern horizon.

Arro wasn't exactly certain what was considered early by those on stricter diurnal clocks than he. He slept erratically, and less than he'd like as of late, but wagered this wasn't going to happen at first light. He didn't want to be late either, so made his trip to Kev's a leisurely and meandering one. He'd slept in the forest overnight and took wing an hour after dawn. At the height he was now, he could see the few remaining miles clear to Kev's. Within the pinprick that was the porch clearing he identified two of the other three who'd signed the board. Good, right on time then.

A few minutes more of low flying and he came into a landing beyond the stone wall that ringed the property. Arro blew the grasses flat as he touched down and firmly sunk his talons into the dewy matted field. For a few seconds he surveyed the trees and distant hills. It had been a while since he'd last been here. The treeline had grown, and by the scent of things a few new creatures had been added to Kev's collection. He couldn't hear any bleating though, they must be stored away for the construction. Arro inhaled and proceeded into the trees encircling the property. As he waded into the dappled undergrowth, searching for the creek he knew to be there, he pondered how the day might play out. Those working here today were essentially unknown other than by name. Past encounters had garnered him a boost in pessimism and wariness. Strange that this of all things would be the occasion to give him pause. Killing things? Sure. Socializing? That was harder.

Arro drank his fill and shrugged off his inane self-doubt. Then preceded through the woods to emerge on the flower lined path that led to the cottage. He padded quietly up the dirt road, listening to the others as he approached. They had all his questions covered.

He stopped behind Randall and Impa, dipping his head in casual greeting once they'd realized he was there.

"Morning" he said simply in his scratchy voice, meeting their gazes, then returning his attention to Kev to hear out their answers.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed May 14, 2014 7:51 pm

Someone was fashionably this morning...

"Huff, huff, huff!" A blur streaked across the Samba Heartlands, two bare and large feet furiously pounding against damp earth. Late, late, late - he was late! Past a few grassy knolls and a family of badgers did a certain monarch fly, his jewelry loudly clattering against their golden neighbours. He was supposed to be there already with tools and supplies unpacked! Instead (and rather embarrassingly), the purple alien had erroneously confused Wednesday's pledge for Thursday. Silly him, because now he had the sole pleasure of explaining his tardiness to Kev and the work group. Joy...

Nevertheless, Zurg was not to be deterred. After giving a hasty kiss to Jo and devouring his breakfast in one monstrous bite, the monarch threw on his gear and promptly bolted out the door. Not once did he look back, not even when he passed a random patrol of ISOs. Hey, it wasn't illegal to gallop through city streets! And besides, the monarch was a man on a mission.

A mission to build!

...Which, sadly, will have to wait just a little while longer. Seeing as how he didn't have wings, a warp spell, or even a rundown truck to ride, Zurg was stuck with what the universe gave him: a pair of baby-butt smooth feet that cried out with each and every sharp pebble trampled on. No pain no gain, right? Right! Oh hey, was that a dragon in the sky? Must be getting close, very close, and Zurg booked it double-time through the dewy meadow. He deftly hopped over a stone wall and was careful not to disturb the weathered rock. Through the trees and leaping over the creek did the alien continue, feet dusty and tools rustling. Sensing that he was close and detecting several voices faintly traveling across the shortening distance, the alien bounced high into the air as he waved. "SORRY I'M LATE," Zurg gave a dual-toned shout, echo booming. "THE MORNING TRAFFIC WAS KILLER."

Here! He was here at last! The alien slowed his energetic pace to a leisurely jog, Zurg finally where he was supposed to be. Kindly don't mind the alien's disheveled appearance. Veil, overalls, gloves, a plain t-shirt, and a cumbersome backpack with many odd bits pressing against its fabric from the inside, the wind left nothing untouched. He quickly straightened everything out and officially joined the group, boots still thrown over a broad shoulder by their laces.

"Good morning," he politely greeted them all, making eye contact. "Kev, Impa, Arro, Gucci - a pleasure to see you all on this fine morning."

Guess who discovered what they had previously forgotten?

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu May 15, 2014 8:02 pm

The first to arrive was Impa, who was greeted by Kev's energetic waving and Marvin's much calmer imitation of Kev's wave. "Hey Impa!" When she got close to the front porch, Kev lifted himself off of it and wrapped both arms around her in a hug. "Its good to see you too! Have you already had breakfast or are you hungry?" He could definitely rustle something up if any of the volunteers had skipped breakfast. Marvin nodded back to Impa. He'd never exactly met her, but Kev had given brief descriptions of who all was coming. Impa's was 'she has pointy ears and shadow magic stuff and really neat red eyes!' which was...sort of accurate? The robot had yet to see any sort of shadow magic though. Until directly addresses, Marvin would stay on the porch. "Oh, I'm definitely set! I wish I could turn time forward so I could see the barn already!" Kev let her go in time to see a truck huffing its way to the cottage. "Ooh, that must be Randall!"

The description Marvin had gotten for Randall was perhaps the vaguest, filled mostly with excited babbling about how nice it was of him to help, and how smart he was. Other than that, the robot had mostly gathered that Randall 'could turn invisible' and liked to startle Kev with such a gift, though the creature that stepped out of the truck was definitely not invisible. He resembled a snake, a rather large one, and had squinty green eyes. The 'Randall' was obviously tired, and even a little annoyed, perhaps by how early it was. When Randall walked up to the two, Kev quickly wrapped his arms around Randall as well, usually he saved such affection for the Sanctuary rather than moments like this. He was so excited and happy for their project though that he was just full of the need to hug.

"Good, good!" Even with his excitement though, Kev knew better than to push it and the hug he gave Randall was shorter than Impa's. "Mhm, I cleared the area and I have all of the animals moved away from the area." He'd wanted the barn close to the house, but not close enough that he would be awakened by casual bleats throughout the night. Kev gestured to the meadow, a good few feet away from the house and roomy on all sides of the plotted area that had been marked with flowerpots full of stone. "I wasn't too sure of how big the barn's gonna end up being though so its more general, but with room to grow if its bigger than that!"

Up the road came Arro, the dragon. Marvin watched him come with great interest, Kev had described him as a dragon and the unfamiliar term had gotten the robot's curiousity. Kev's descriptions of what a dragon was fell utterly short of the creature that walked its way up to the cottage. The robot's optics roamed the figure, from the curved wings to the long neck, to the sharp talons to the long snout. How curious. Kev greeted the dragon with a wave. "Morning, Arro! Thanks for signing up!" He didn't quite give the dragon a hug, partially because wrapping his arms around him would be pretty difficult and partially because they didn't seem to be quite personal enough for it to be appropriate of him to smother the dragon in his arms. He hoped, though, that an eager wave and a happy (mouthless) face would suffice!

The Purple People Eater Himself wrote:"SORRY I'M LATE, THE MORNING TRAFFIC WAS KILLER."

Last but definitely not least, Kev's scaly brow arched in confusion at the yell that was getting closer. Though it only took a moment to identify the voice, and the dot in the distance that was getting close. "You're not that late Zurg, you haven't missed much!" He called back, waving with his arm high up in the air so that he would see it. The alien had finally reached them, looking quite a sight. Kev waited for him to properly greet everyone, giving a stifled snicker at the term 'gucci', before wrapping his arms around the exhausted alien. "I'm glad you got here in one piece, Zurg! And thanks for signing up!~ Though, you must be thirsty!" He pulled away from the larger alien to make eye contact with Marvin. "Marvin, mind getting a glass of water for him? With a straw, please." With a nod, Marvin disappeared inside the cottage and Kev gave Zurg another tight hug before turning to the group at large.

"If anyone's hungry or thirsty before we get started, I got some food things! Mostly for lunch of dinner, whenever we finish, but it wouldn't hurt to eat some now if you need it." He felt pretty lucky, needing primarily just water and sunlight. And seeing as they'd be working outside, he'd see no shortage of sunlight today.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Fri May 16, 2014 7:15 am

Impa outright grinned at being caught in Kev's hug just before she moved to hug him back. She might have caught her friend a few days ago in the Sanctuary, but as ever, she was always very happy to see him. "I already had breakfast with Sheik, Link, Link, and Tetra, but thank you for asking. All four of them wanted me to give you their best today." As Kev confirmed that he was set for their building venture today, Impa simply chuckled softly at his note about turning time forward. She knew of a few settings where that could be the case, but save the fact that this day on the Breach was not one of them, she couldn't help but feel that that would take some of their perceived fun out of it. "I know how you feel. I have a feeling time will fly soon enough once we get busy though, and then you'll be able to see it fully completed."

As the two ended their hug, Impa glanced back to see the truck Randall had previously mentioned and shown to her making its way across the grasslands towards the meadow. "Indeed." As the two waited for the monster to make the final stretch of his drive, the Sheikah looked back to Marvin, noting, "And you must be Marvin. It's nice to finally meet you in person."

Before too long, the next arrival had parked the truck and hopped out to join them, soon earning himself a hug from Kev. Returning the monster's nod, Impa stated, "Hello Randall." She kept her greeting short as it seemed that it was still rather early for him, but at the very least, he had made it out. Hopefully he would feel a bit more awake once they got the project a bit more underway. As Kev noted that he had cleared the area, Impa followed the alien's gesture, raising her eyebrows slightly and giving the plot a nod of approval. "That looks to be a perfect spot. I'm sure that we'll have more than enough room to work with."

Next to arrive was Arro. Impa had spotted part of his earlier flight, but it appeared that the dragon had decided to dive down into the nearby forest before making the rest of his way here on foot. The Sheikah was aware of his reemergence well before he arrived behind them, but once he had gotten closer and dipped his head in greeting, she returned his nod, stating, "Good morning." Now it seemed that they were only missing one of their numbers… and a sudden, distinct bellow soon let them know that they were not going to be shy a person for long.

Impa's ears perked up ever so slightly at catching Zurg's call and added note about the morning traffic, and as she turned round towards the adjacent fields, she saw the monarch completing the rest of his own trek on foot. His sprint soon slowed to more of a casual jog, and as he appeared on the scene, the Sheikah noted, "Worry not; you're just in time." After all, they had all just gathered here themselves, and he was still well within the general arrival timeframe.

At the monarch's warm greeting, Impa met him with with her own. "Good morning, Zurg. It's nice to see you as well." He might have been a bit disheveled, but she was as pleased with his quick effort to get here as she was unsurprised by it. It was certainly like him after all, and hopefully the water that Kev had called for would prove beneficial. As far as food or drink for any of the rest of them went, Impa placed one fist on her hip before gesturing and noting, "I am fine right now, but that's very kind of you, Kev. That will definitely be quite welcome as the day progresses." As it was, she was set to go ahead and begin setting up for this building project.
    Randall
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by Randall on Fri May 16, 2014 8:30 am

Before Randall's question was answered, he was embraced, to which he jerked back a twinge, and then realized what Kev was doing. Hugs... Hng. At least he answered, to which Randall turned to his truck and pulled out some thick yarn and some flags. It'd be good to mark the area, which he'd go about doing now. If he recalled, Kev didn't have too many animals, so the various plans that the monster had printed out could be easily modified in case there were more or fewer animals than he could remember. So while he was setting up the area with the string and flags, he heard Arro come around, and, eventually and rather late, Zurg. And with his usual greeting.

"No thanks, I'm fine," he replied as Kev offered food and drink. Randall was more focused on working than anything else, and with the yarn set and flags up to show the space that they would be using, now would be a good time to look through those blueprints he had gotten. He walked quickly past everyone, saying small 'hellos' to them and went to the beaten truck. "I have a few different blueprints, all use the same amount of wood and such. But they can also be easily edited in case we need more or fewer pens." Randall didn't know if the sheep got to stay in the same pen or if they each got their own... but if it was the latter, they'd have to be rather small--they weren't large animals...

Quick mental list; tools, yes. Wood and metal, yes. Power tools in case regular tools break for some strange reason, yes. Area fixed and cleared, yes. It felt like there was something else they had to do, but he couldn't recall--maybe it was his brain still waking up, but whatever it was, perhaps someone else could point it out... "Here, this plan should work--it won't be too large, so it'll be fast, but it won't be too small so everything is cramped." Randall handed the plans over to Kev for him to inspect, to see if it appeased him and his needs. After that, they could get to work.
    Arro
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    570/570  (570/570)
    Stamina Bar:
    104/104  (104/104)

Post by Arro on Sun May 18, 2014 10:56 pm

The repetitious pounding of skin on dirt tugged at Arro's long ears. He oriented his gaze with his auditory receptors in time to receive the image of a colorful panting humanoid bouncing and batting at the air. He greeted them in hoarse dual toned exclamations and jogged to complete the last few meters to the front porch. Arro observed the man passively, behind his lidded eyes wondering in astonishment if Zurg had actually ran the entire way from the depths of the massive city to the wilderness' threshold. Count him out of any endurance races if Zurg was participating. No way that's a fair fight.  

Kev moved to greet Zurg as he had done to the others sharing his bipedal body posture. Grasping and squeezing was called hugging. To Arro it always looked like the prelude to an attack or an invitation to tussle. Hard to get used to it as a display of affection even when Maud did it. Arro took no offense to being left out of that particular gesture, though he didn't exactly notice the absence of it, he was not easily hugged.

"Marvin, mind getting a glass of water for him? With a straw, please."

His gaze drifted again. The drai had been curious of who the automaton was. He couldn't be sure with constructs whether they were artificially intelligent or not at a glance. Though most in the breach seemed to be, and judging by the others treatment of him Marvin was too. He watched the spherically shaped body of metal disappear into the depths of the house, then switched his attention to the table of provisions Kev had pointed out. Though, at first he didn't quite recognize it as food, as he'd never exactly seen meat in that shape before. He thanked Kev nonetheless by mirroring Impa's inclinations. Having eaten the night before he should be fine until the end of the day.

Arro fell back on his haunches, his head rising higher to observe the area Kev had selected for the barn. A spacious plot of grass equidistant from the cottage and the largest pens. As good a location as any. Once Randall had finished placing the markers Arro attempted visualizing the shape the structure might take. As there was not yet anything for him to do he remained seated, watching Kev as he inspected Randall's plans and waiting quietly for his own chance to either examine the layout or receive instruction.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon May 19, 2014 11:24 pm

Oh thank the Cosmos wrote:"You're not that late Zurg, you haven't missed much!"

Consider a great burden removed from the monarch's shoulders and he mentally let out a sigh of relief.

The hug was reciprocated but not the drink, for Zurg didn't want to impose too early. "Don't trouble yourself," he said to his friend, lightly fanning a hand. "I'd hate to disrupt everything and we've got a long day's work ahead of us." Should both Kev and Marvin insist, however, the monarch knew when he was beat. Besides, he had ran the entire duration just to get here and was liable to work up a monstrous appetite later. A few skips here and there along with some hops, but he mostly ran. And speaking of Marvin, the alien was going to observe everything he did with great detail. Zurg was determined to avoid too much contact, as the modified automaton was meant for Kev, but he'll be keeping a watchful eye. For now, though, it seemed Randall was already on the move.

Strings of yarn, wavy flags, blueprints; yes, the monster had been quite productive. There was an itch to say something, something teasing, but the monarch thought better of it. He'll get you back some other day, don't you worry your precious leathery heart. "I brought a few tools of my own from the shop," Zurg stated, removing his cumbersome backpack. It was set upon the grass for anyone to rifle through, if they desired. "If any of you would like to use them, please feel free." Thought he'd offer them since this was a group effort.

"So, what's the first step?" he inquired to know.

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu May 22, 2014 3:19 am

Aah, so Impa had already had her breakfast for the day. "When you get home later, tell them all I said hi!" It was pretty likely that everyone who was going to show up had already had their breakfast. It was supposed to be one of the most important meals of the day or something, right? Just in case they hadn't though, such as if they left really late or forgot to eat, well it was only proper that he offer something. He nodded in agreement, time always did seem to work that way. Dragging on sometimes, zipping by in a flash in others. "I'm sure the animals are going to love it!"

Impa's attention turned from the alien to the robot, who's head tilted and dipped slightly in greeting. "It is nice to meet you as well, Impa. Kev's told me about you before." As had he been told about the people Impa mentioned; Sheik, Link, Link, and Tetra. One day he would like to see this...Stockpot Inn, and meet the rest of them. For now though, he was content as is.

With Randall's appearance and the usual hug given, Kev watched as he grabbed out some yarn and some flags, using them to help mark off the area. He turned to Impa for a moment. "Thanks! I figured room to work would be good, especially since we weren't all the same size." The size and even the body shapes of those who had signed up all varied, after all. Randall decided to forgo the breakfast, as had Arro, though he had thanked him for offering. It was fine, especially since he wasn't sure if sandwiches and cheese were particularly appetizing for monsters and dragons. He knew Randall liked to make desserts and cupcakes, but sandwiches weren't exactly cupcakes.

While Randall went to get his blueprints, Kev turned to Zurg. He tried to turn down his drink, not wanting to disrupt the planning or getting ready to build by chugging something, but Kev gestured to the robot, who had already gone inside the cottage to retrieve the drink. "Too late! Its fine Zurg, we can spare a few moments so you don't keel over and die." Kinda made one wish there was some type of taxi to the wilderness. Marvin returned and stepped down off the of the porch to hand Zurg his glass of water, complete with a straw. The robot stared at Zurg for a moment before ascending back up the porch. Zurg had been the first being he'd ever seen, after all. To see him again was interesting.

Kev took the offered blueprint, rolling it out so he could read. What he saw was...interesting. Very interesting. He'd never really looked at blueprints before, but he could catch the gist of this! Looseboxes were pens, ponybox was a pen meant for ponies. Hunterbox...for a hunter? And tackroom...for tacks? At least the feedroom spoke for itself. Looking at the measurements, he tried to imagine how the barn would be, and how the spacing would work. The sheep were small, they could share a loosebox or two. The ponybox could go to Llama, he was the biggest of the bunch, and Chester was second biggest and would need his own pen as well. Having a feed area inside the barn was a neat idea, he could store extra hay there! "It looks really good to me! Thanks Randall." He handed the blueprints back to the monster and turned to Zurg, who'd brought tools too! "Thanks! These'll come in handy." He peeked into the backpack, but did not pull anything out yet. First step?

"I guess...start unloading everything from Randall's truck?" He turned to Randall to see how that sounded to him. His truck, after all!

Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Wed May 28, 2014 6:57 am

Laughing softly, Impa nodded to Kev's request before noting, "I certainly shall. I'm sure they'll be happy to hear that, as well as to hopefully see you soon." The Hyruleans did get to see Kev on a fairly regular basis, but no matter where they wound up meeting, such visits were always especially nice. As far as time and the barn went, the Sheikah simply grinned a bit more at her friend's exclamation. "I can imagine so. It will be great to see their reactions once they get to enter it for the first time." The meadow was already a very cozy area, and the barn was undoubtedly going to add to that.

At Marvin's greeting, Impa smiled softly, returning his nod as she stated, "As he has told me about you. I'm glad you've both got excellent help and company in each other." Kev might have been doing all right before the robot came to his cottage, but the Sheikah could pick up on the boosts he had gained from his new friend, no matter how subtle they might have seemed. Each one of them counted.

Once everyone was gathered and set, Randall made note of the blueprints he had brought before handing a particular set of plans over to Kev. Impa caught a quick glimpse of these plans to get a general idea of the layout of the barn-to-be, and a moment later, she glanced to Zurg at his words regarding his own tools. Nodding to the monarch as he removed his backpack, Impa said, "Thank you, Zurg. I might wind up taking you up on that offer." She was rather confident that between the combined tools on hand and their collective skill sets, they had just about everything they might need to help get the barn together just fine.

As Zurg asked about the first step and Kev voiced his own suggestion, Impa turned to Randall as well before nodding and noting, "That sounds like a sensible plan. Shall we?" Once the monster gave the word, she was set to help carry whatever she could and set it where it was needed.
    Randall
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by Randall on Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:14 pm

"The words on the sheet were there and I just forgot to white them out. But they can pretty much be called or made into whatever would be more fitting," the monster explained, as a 'ponybox' and 'hunterbox' didn't seem useful or right where they were and what they were building this for. Either way, it seemed Kev was fine with the choice of barn and he needed to both Kev and Impa. Time to get the junk out of the truck and start. There were tools, large piles of wood tied down, some bags of cement mix and other things of that nature that needed to be brought out, but Randall went ahead and started with the bags of cement mix.

The first thing to do would be setting up the area. Putting the longer pieces of wood in the four corners and setting up a small barrier. "Putting cement around the corners can help keep things from digging in or out... there's also the option of making the entire floor cement, but that'd be bad on the animals, though easier to clean. I guess it's up to you, Kev. Do you just want a cement barrier, or do you want the entire floor cement?"
    Arro
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    570/570  (570/570)
    Stamina Bar:
    104/104  (104/104)

Post by Arro on Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:54 pm

Arro's tapered ears flicked about, running on autopilot atop his head to chase after bits of spoken sound and ambient noise. Assurances and small talk lilted through the air as the prelude to their construction project. From his propped position he could gaze down into the bed of the truck without effort to assess what they'd be working with. He'd never done anything like this before, yet most of what lay within the vehicle was recognizable. Wood, metal, tools electrical and not, and the cement bags that Randall had begun to move. Zurg added his own supplies to the mix and Arro could only assume that they now must have every need thoroughly covered.

Once Randall began working, indicating others could freely access his property, Arro slumped down into a quadruped position. Supporting his forward weight on the knuckles of his wings freed his hands up to move the heavier supplies, and he began to smoothly scoop up bundles of wood and metal from the bed of the old machine. Arro moved in a wide arc around the others to ensure he neither hit anyone with his luggage nor got in the way, and began placing the material strategically around the perimeter Randall had outlined.

Aside from the potential of the cement flooring, they'd also be needing cement to create piers within which the larger support posts would be embedded. Kev's barn wasn't going to be too huge by the looks of their supplies but Arro assumed it would still require a few cemented holes on the corners.

It took a few more trips in his bat-like gait to completely lay out all the wood and metal. Once he and the others had liberated the truck of its burdens Arro returned to his typical stance and examined the furthest of the future corners.

"How deeply and at what diameter must we dig to embed the support posts?" he ventured. His rough voice seeping out from between his teeth as it always did.

He was set on beginning swiftly but didn't want to start without specifics, in order to assure he was doing things correctly. As little as he knew, he knew the measurements involved in human buildings were rigidly defined. One thing done haphazardly could result in a collapse of the structure in the future.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:14 pm

Alas, seems like he was going to be having that glass of water after all. "Thank you, Marvin." Creation and creator locked eyes for a moment, if ever so brief, before Zurg averted his gaze and focused on the activity surrounding him. How wonderful it was to see Kev and Marvin bonding so well... A piece of him wanted to conduct a noninvasive study in order to keep a watchful eye on their budding relationship, but that was no longer his privilege. Best to let things naturally be.

"Help yourself, Impa. They're there to be used." And their first step was to unload Randall's beaten and weathered vehicle, was it? The monarch drained his glass as quickly, but politely, as he could so his contribution to the team would not be missed. Craters, he had already been late to the gathering...

Finished with it, he kindly excused himself and entered Kev's darling cottage. Don't worry, Zurg was simply returning his used glass to the sink so it'd be out of the way and kept where it now belonged. "Keeping dirt for your barn's stalls and flooring is a cost-effective method, but it will be a nightmare to clean should you experience torrential flooding. It will also suffer noticeable wear and tear as the months go by," the monarch spoke up as he emerged from the house. He approached the truck and quickly got to work, assisting in whatever and anything he could while still adding his two unibucks. "The animals will move the dirt over time from their consistent shuffling about, which will likewise produce muddy lakes and miniature grooves. You wouldn't want your sheep trailing in mud and debris with their fleece." The same was true regarding bodily waste as well, for both substances will clump together after thoroughly having been stomped by little sheepie hooves. Zurg returned after shortly depositing his first run, the alien already beginning his second.

"Cement, on the other hand, will retain the smell of urine. You will need to clean it periodically but it will be far easier to manage than dirt." Although the monarch had not handled a cement flooring before and was more familiar with dirt and grassy bedding, he could make an educated guess. "Randall is right about cement being harder for the animals and you will have to be cognizant of the fact that animals can slip. Leftover water during the harsher and colder winter months will prove threatening, but you can always use mats or bedding. Take straw or wooden chips, for example; ought to absorb urine much better and keep traction." But would still need a bit of cleaning... Hmm.

After his third run of schlepping things to and fro, an idea came to him. "If you choose to use cement, you could devise a drainage system. With the proper planning and materials it wouldn't be a bad investment," Zurg offered. "Plus, cement will make it harder for tunneling vermin to pester your livestock." So many pros and cons to weight, Kev!

Once the scaly alien made up his mind and confidently, they could next see to Arro's question.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:02 am