Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Re: Rising Sun

Post by Nym on Mon May 26, 2014 6:17 am

Nym ate most of the time when he was at Aya's and in his earlier stages. Right now, with his body growing rapidly, Nym tried to eat a lot of healthier foods that would build his body stronger. Of course, this was coupled with his many snacks, second dinners, and brunch along with lunch... "Uhm, I don't think you'd need too much! I... eat a lot, but mostly because I tend to just... well, I used vending machines at the inn or got something on the way to the Sanctuary or when I was just outside..." City convenience. Pro. The fact that he can get fatty foods and stuff that was bad for himself so easily. Con. So definitely a step up.

"I don't take much!" Nym confirmed, and when they would head out to the market, he'd only get healthier foods... and maybe some snacks. Just a few. But now it was time to move away from the subject of food and onto the subject of... other food.

Plants are food, technically.

Nym's nose wiggled happily with the scent of the flowers and plants that thrived in the greenhouse, and it was tempting to eat a few! Dirt tasted good to him for some reason, but of course, he would do no such thing. Not yet. Instead, he nodded to Kev and took the watering can happily to fill it up. Nym looked down at the water faucet and was unsure for a moment, but realized how it worked. He was glad no one (except Llama probably) saw him stand there for a few moments and think. "Fill it up... all the way?" he pondered out loud, holding the hose to fill the can. It was halfway full when he wanted to stop, but... Nah... Nym could carry it easily.

So all the way up! And Nym effortlessly carried the full can of water towards Kev, assuming it weighed very lightly. "I filled it all the way!" A happy tail wagging happened as he handed the can over to Kev and would soon watch closely to see what would happen.
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue May 27, 2014 3:02 pm

"Aah I see..." He rubbed his chin thoughtfully, trying to remember what was inside those vending machines, since typically he didn't pay them much mind. When he'd become a human though, he'd gotten into some very fattening foods! "Yeah, vending machines and city food places have food that's yummy and addictive." He gave the digimon a wink. Besides, Nym primarly ate a lot back when he had been first growing, or when he was basically a baby. Now that he'd been in one form for a while, maybe his metabolism had stabilized. "You'll still need a lot more than what I've got now, which is mostly bagels and bread...with some jams and stuff. We can figure it all out when we got to the store though." Especially since there'd be tons of things for Nym to choose from rather than just guessing what food he'd want.

Kev couldn't help but snicker a bit at Nym's twitching nose. Suppose a greenhouse with flowers and dirt inside would smell interesting. It smelled interesting to Kev as well, but he was also used to it. While Nym filled the can, and all Kev could hear while he filled it up was the water running, the alien walked down the shelves and observed the little plants. Some of the lilies definitely looked parched. When Nym returned, Kev grabbed the can with both hands and nodded to him. "Thank you!" He turned to the shelves and, carefully, poured some of the water into the first flowerpot he saw, giving the parched, pink lilies a good dose of water. The dirt in the pot was only momentarily damp before it soaked the water up much like a sponge.

Before he moved on to the next flower though, he turned to Nym and offered him the can. "Have you ever watered a plant before?" If not, well...no time like the present!

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:25 pm

Nym nodded as he handed the watering can to Kev and watched as he watered some flowers that looked like... hm... lilies? That's what they were called. The water was absorbed quickly, and it made Nym wonder exactly how much water is needed each day for the plants. It seemed very meticulous! When asked if he had ever watered a plant before, Nym thought for a moment and then shook his head. "Not really! I kind of chew on them... I won't to your plants, of course, but no..." he said, rubbing the back of his head. He understood the hint, though. Kev wanted Nym to try and water a plant, eh?

"Oh, but I could try! I mean, I don't really know how much to give certain plants, though, so I'd need some direction..." Nym admitted before he looked around at the plants. "Do you have a 'beginner plant' for people who aren't really familiar with plant care? All I know is that they need water and sunshine and they taste good." Some. Ivy doesn't taste too good, or those white puff balls that can scatter around. Those tasted terrible.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:59 pm

Chewed on them? Kev tilted his head, momentarily puzzled by that. Though, Nym had already promised not to eat any of the plants he had so Kev gave him a nod. "Good, good, I trust you." He gave the digimon a wink, and inwardly he wondered if Nym ever ate grass. The dogs loved to gnaw on the grass, though doing so also seemed to make them throw up. Such an odd thing to do...eat something even if it makes you vomit. Nym seemed to like the idea of water a plant though! Eager to get started, Kev handed the watering can to Nym and stalked down the shelves, eyes searching for a 'beginner plant' before he found a pot that might be the one that would suit Nym.

"Found a beginner for ya!" Even better, it was lower on the shelf as well; Nym wouldn't have any trouble standing on his tiptoes to water it. "These are pretty new, I started them recently. Most plants are pretty easy about water, they usually just need the dirt to be damp instead of extremely dry. There's always the possibility of overwatering them, but you can usually tell if you're doing that by watching the bottom of the pot. If there's a lake of water coming out of it, that means the plant is barely absorbing any of it." He waved the digimon over to show him the flowers. "These are Marigolds, and they're pretty sturdy.~ You just pour the water in there and I'll say 'when'."

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:17 am

There sure was a lot about flowers he didn't know diddle about. Flowers could apparently drown in water, which he thought was strange, and overwatering them isn't a good idea. Kev brought him over to some pretty orange flowers that really attracted the eye, and Nym stared at them smiling. They reminded him of little puffs of fire, almost! But the name 'marigold' sounded familiar... perhaps he had heard a song about it, but for now, he let it go. He was eager to prove to Kev he could certainly take care of the plants diligently and carefully. "Alright," he responded to Kev, and began to slowly pour some water onto the little fire flowers.

Once Kev had said "when", he stopped abruptly, a little surprised but able to keep himself from spilling the can of water. "That's good, right?" he asked, and continued, "do marigolds do anything special? Can you eat them or use them for something? I hear that some flowers are used for perfumes and... make-up?" Gotta love educational programming. Even if Nym had no idea what make-up was or what it was used for. "Why do you have a lot of flowers?" Plants were useful for oxygen or something like that as far as Nym could remember, but he was curious if Kev used them for display purposes only or something else.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:42 pm

Water was poured into the black pot of the Marigolds, Kev waiting until the dirt seemed very damp and muddy before saying, "When! Yep, that's good. Great, even! Not bad for your first time." Kev looked the pot over, watching as the soil again began soaking up the water, aided by the sun lamp blasting down onto the flower. Kev turned to Nym when he asked about the Marigolds. "They're edible, actually! Sometimes humans use the petals to spruce up a salad or other foods like that. They're safe to eat. The leaves are edible too, but not as delicious." He brushed the flower with his fingers, looking for any signs of infesting bugs munching on it and found none, thankfully.

"Its also been used as a medicinal herb, dye, and oil! Such a useful little thing." He pondered one of Nym's guesses for a moment. "It might be used as a dye for some make up too. You know more about this type of stuff than I figured.~" Such a smart digimon. And then a question he hadn't been expecting; why.

"Why? Well...no real reason, I suppose. Back on my planet I did a lot with our plantlife though. Gardening is...sort of a hobby. As for why flowers, I like the smells and colors! They seem so friendly. And the flowers in the meadow are nice enough, but they have nature to take care of them. Having some flowers of my own to take care of is fun." He turned back to the Marigold, giving the petals a curious nudge of the finger. "I think I'd like to do stuff with them one day too. Make medicinal herbs or something...we used to use our plantlife for things like that on my planet too. And it'd certainly be useful!" Maybe he could get Tally's advice on it. She worked with Earth plants after all; Kev knew the ins and outs of plants from his world and could easily create herbs, salves, even a makeshift bandage or two with them. But with the plants from Earth, he'd rather stick with someone who knew more.

Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:32 am

That made sense. Flowers were pretty to look at and they smelled wonderful. If Kev benefited having them, Nym wouldn't question it! But since mentioning tea leaves, maybe Kev would bring in a few more stranger kinds of plants to bump up the variety and usage. Nym knew nothing really about plants other than taste, smell and color. He'd leave their care to professionals. Nym seemed finished watering the marigolds, and he listened to Kev until he finished explaining a few things. "I think that's a good idea, it'd be especially useful since you live so far away from a hospital." Nym looked around with his nose wiggling.

"So, the plants get watered, and tended to. The flock has been cared for, and made sure they are unharmed. What do you do after that?" Nym inquired as he waited for further instruction on where to water, fulfilling his duty as directed. He hoped the next chore had to do with digging! He felt like sticking his head in the dirt, as it smelled great in here. Or maybe something to do with laundry? Nym knew Kev wore clothes, but he wasn't sure exactly how much he changed them... Good thing he didn't have such a problem.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:11 pm

((Sorry for taking so long!))

"Oh definitely. Especially with some of the things that happen during those 'end of the world' type events. I don't really like going to the hospital anyway, its really strange, smells odd too..." He'd helped drop people off there, gotten taken care of if he was REALLY bad off, and visited people there. But if he had some cuts or burns and nothing else, he'd prefer to just take care of it himself.

Nym inquired more about Kev's daily schedule, Kev thinking it over as he walked over to another shelf and gestured at some three pots. One contained a small, still growing sunflower and the other two had some lilac. "Hmm...I guess next would be the turtles, and any sort of housework that needs doing. Mopping the floor, sweeping, cleaning the windows. I think we'll be fine though. Otherwise, around this time I make some tea and relax for a bit before I walk to the city. Maybe read or watch the meadows...oh! If you're gonna stay here, you oughta meet Marvin!" He clasped his hands together, excited. What would they think of each other, he wondered?

Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:53 pm

WOAH WOAH WOAH BACK UP.

Turtles? You said nothing about turtles. Nym looked at Kev expectantly and with large eyes, his snout nearly touching Kev's face as it stared at him very closely, tail wagging. "Turtles? What about turtles? You have turtles? I want to see them!" Nym had an interest in reptilian creatures, finding them fascinating and something he'd want to watch day after day. When he saw lizards in the city, he'd stop and watched them, making sure no harm came to them until they went into the crack of a building and out of sight... or a cat came along and ate them.

With that in mind, he was also interested in... Marvin? Who's that? "I don't think I've met Marvin, is he staying here, too?" Kev sure had a lot more people staying here than he thought. Between all the animals the alien tended to and apparently someone else here, Nym wondered if he would be intruding by staying here for the summer, or a bit longer. He hoped otherwise, and he looked at Kev with a tilted head and smile, "I'd like to meet your turtles and Marvin!" Enthusiastically, he went over and held the door to the greenhouse open for Kev to follow, eagerly awaiting the next task and new things to see.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:57 pm

Kev blinked at the little digimon, nearly snout to nose with the little guy. From the sight of that tail, it seemed he'd said the magic word. "Yeah, three of them! I got them on Valentine's day. No idea from who!" Guess Nym liked turtles! Kev chuckled a bit, ruffling the top of his head good-naturedly. "I didn't know you liked turtles! If I did, I would have shown you them earlier!" They were the newest animals he'd gotten, so he may have overlooked them a bit in his usual ritual of taking care of the animals.

And he was glad to see that Nym was just as interested in seeing Marvin too! "Mhm! He's a robot, Zurg gave him to me for Christmas. I've been teaching him how to speak and all sorts of other things." It was pretty neat to teach him things like that. At Nym's enthusiasm, Kev followed behind him, giving the greenhouse a quick look. Yep, seemed fine to him! "I can't wait to introduce you! The turtles are in the bathroom in my room, not sure where Marvin is right now..." He lead the way back to the cottage, holding the door open for Nym while the dogs lingered around their ankles.

Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:31 am

"Oh yeah, I gave out cards on Valentine's!" But getting turtles seemed more fun. "I like reptiles and stuff, they're neat. I liked sea turtles, they live for a long time and seem so peaceful..." Or at least in those documentaries. And those big ones that one could ride seemed really interesting, too. Too bad they weren't what Kev had, most likely....

As for Marvin, though, Nym wasn't sure if he recalled him. Maybe he just didn't notice... "That's nice of Zurg," he thought as Kev led him back to the cottage entrance. A robot he had been teaching to speak, huh? Maybe Nym could help out with teaching this 'Marvin' some things--he knew stuff, too! "Did Zurg make him for you, or how does that work, exactly?" Nym asked with his head tilted, looking at the dogs that surrounded their ankles (mostly Kev's). Boy, they were sure excited.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:12 am

"Oh, you did? Who all did you give a card to?" That was such a cute little mental image, Nym putting together Valentine's day cards and giving to whoever he wanted. Valentine's day was always such a strange holiday, typically for 'romance', but he liked the platonic Valentine's type things too. Nym's cards and those turtles were some examples. "You do, huh? Even more reason for you to be out here, I've seen some reptiles here. Mostly just lizards and snakes though sometimes there'll be a turtle or two in the river." None that he'd ever taken as a pet though. "I like seaturtles too. Those little flippers are really nice! Those would probably be in the ocean, right? I've been to the ocean a few times, never seen any though."

Kev ushered the dogs outside. "Go on, go on! You know you probably have to use the restroom now." Unknown to both, the aforementioned robot Marvin was standing on the ivy covered patio on the side of the cottage, mostly just enjoying the atmosphere. He'd kept to the shadows when a strange creature brought Kev home and put him to bed, before settling itself onto the couch for a while. Although he initially thought it might be an intruder, Kev's state of being when he was brought in combined with a search of his memories on who Nym was lead him to realize that the furry creature was just a guest. A guest who he'd never met though, and the robot was slightly shy. He'd stay out of their way until called, though he did linger near the doors when he heard his name brought up in conversation.

"Well, Zurg found Marvin, he was sort of a...blank slate. I think Zurg referred to them as drones? And they all served this cyborg creature called Memnarch. Zurg took one though, tuned him up a bit I think. Tinkered a bit, and gave him an artificial intelligence so he was his own being. Its why there's been some things I've had to teach him, like talking and stuff." Kev began to ascend the stairs. "The turtles are up in the upstairs bathroom! I eh...sort of didn't know where else to put their little habitat." Into his room they went, and Kev opened the door to the bathroom and switched on the lightbulb. The bathroom looked pretty normal, a small sink and a clawed tub. The toilet was pretty strange looking, with a pull chain. Situated between the tub and the sink was the turtle habitat, a fish tank that had dry material and a small tub of water and a lamp that beamed down into it. Within the tank were three turtles, still asleep inside their own little shells. Kev approached the tank eagerly. "Nym, these are Pie, Magoo, and Doc!" He gestured at each turtle.

Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:07 pm

"I gave a card to a few people I know... I don't know that many right now, but maybe in time I'll get to know this place and everyone in it!" Nym stated eagerly with his tail wagging, obviously beaming with excitement. "I only know most reptiles from nature shows and seeing lizards out here. I try to stay away from snakes since I know some can be poisonous, but I like the way they look and move." They had such pretty patterns and slithered so elegantly! Nym wondered how it was possible to do so without legs, but he knew it had something to do with muscles moving or something like that...

The Digimon gave a small wave to the robotic and then Kev explained exactly who he was. So, something that was sort of saved and given a new life? That sounded exciting, Marvin probably had a wonderful time here with Kev with how peaceful it was and all of the animals. "It's okay, I don't mind shy people--they can take their time!" There was no hurry for the little bot to come introducing himself and speaking, they weren't in a rush of sorts. Kev led the canine towards the bathroom area, where he introduced him to his three turtles. They had odd names, but he wouldn't judge; Nym was a rather odd name in and of itself! "Hello," he somewhat jokingly greeted the turtles with a wave. "They look like they're happy, but I can't tell.. I don't think anyone could be here and not be happy, though."

Who couldn't smile when they were out in an area that you'd think to be only seen in books? "Do they need a lot of attention, or do you just let them chill out in their little tank thing?" Nym asked, tilting his head.

"Oh! How long has it been? When do you think I should go see Aya about staying here...? Is there anything else I can do?" he inquired, unsure of the time that has past since they first woke up.

((sorry for forgetting this thread, i am a dumb dumb))
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:13 pm

"Aah, I see! Were they cards you made yourself, or some you bought at the store?" The ones in the store looked nice sometimes, though they seemed a little too detached and factory made too. And as for Nym getting to know more people, the alien could definitely see him doing so. The digimon was very curious, though at the moment it was hard to tell whether he was introverted like Aya or more extraverted like Kev himself. Or perhaps a mixture, like Zurg! "It'll take a while to get to know everyone, but I'm sure you can do it. The fact that you don't mind a change of scenery like this helps with that!"

As for reptiles, most of Nym's experience was through the television, or a few lizards out and about. At Nym's distance from any snakes he encountered, Kev nodded approvingly. "That's good. Sometimes its better to watch from afar." Though he really liked snakes too. Out of all the little critters in this place, it was snakes that were most like himself. Well, aside from the whole...limbs thing. And having no mouth. Alright, most of those similarities had to do with his scales. At the wave, Marvin gave a tentative wave back, leaning forward with some interest as they passed him by. Kev's eyes followed Nym's wave to Marvin, giving him a questioning glance. The robot merely gestured for Kev to keep going, before he went back to basking in the sun. He would leave the two to their own business. "I'm afraid he hasn't really interacted with people besides me and Zurg. I should uh...maybe work on that...but I don't think it'll take you two long to get to know each other!"

Into the bathroom they went, Kev chuckling a little at the greeting to the turtles. The sleepy little things barely stirred at the noise. "I've been going by 'if they get bitey and fussy, then they're angry'. Otherwise I just assume they're happy. Turtles are definitely different from cats, dogs, and sheep." Kev turned his head towards the young pup, a little curious but mostly humbled. "Really? That's kinda nice to hear." He didn't want the cottage to come off as some sort of haunted shack. "When I first got them, I tried to hold them and cuddle them like I did the cat and dogs, but they'd get all squirmy like they didn't wanna be held. So usually I'll keep them in here, but give them little pets. I got a book on turtle care and its not good to hold turtles anyway, apparently their shells can carry diseases."

"Hm? Oh! I think its been a few hours...it might be better to see her sooner than later. Don't wanna worry her or anything." Kev looked around the cottage briefly, trying to think. "Other than dusting around the place, I think we've done just about everything. Your help certainly made it go by fast. Anything else to be done can be put off til tonight."

((No problem! Its been busy so I understand!))

Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:15 pm

"I made them myself!" he said proudly in regards to the valentines. He couldn't remember if everyone got them that were supposed to get them, it had been too long ago, but either way, he worked his little fingers and made special ones. As for Marvin, Nym was fine with him being shy, once again. The Digimon just waved slightly and gave a small smile. If he was going to be lingering around here, it would be best to get to know him later on.

As for the turtles, they didn't look like that liked to be held. They looked like the ground was more comforting than being lifted, since they were so close to it. Kev then said something about their shells having... diseases? What. Why would... "Uh, are you sure it's okay for you to have them...?" he said with uncertainty, staring at the turtles now uncomfortably. He knew what he wasn't going to touch--even if they looked neat.

But now it was time to go back and talk to Aya! The day had been rushed through thanks to Nym's help, to which, he was very happy to assist! But before the sun set and the night came around, he best be getting back to Aya... he didn't want her to be worried or scared, seeing him not there when she came home. "Alright then, I think I'll go now and talk to her. Thank you for letting me stay with you. It's really nice out here, I like it!" The Digimon moved in to hug Kev and started retracing his steps back towards the door, where he opened it and was about to bolt out, but turned before he did so and said, "I'll be back later!" and then ran off eagerly.

He wasn't the fastest thing (alive) out there, but running on all fours certainly made it things go by quicker. He'd be in the city by nightfall, and in the inn hopefully before Aya started to worry.

((sorry for rushed ending, but you can post once more and this thread can finally be declared done! sorry for me taking so long to reply to things, and thank you for allowing Nym to hang around here!))

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:10 pm