Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

How do I "fancy"?

Post by Livewire on Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:46 am

TIME: 9:30
    DATE: 4/16/004

If she were to be honest, Livewire was rather nervous.

The tiny, yellow femme stood outside the boutique, looking up at it as her hands jerkily smoothed out some wrinkles in her sweater. Her optics took in images of the dresses on display, and the frustration of being unable to figure out how to make a dress resurfaced, until the femme was able to squash it back down.

She had taken an interest in clothing as of late.   Even though she had no practical need for clothing, she felt a little out if place amongst the typically-clad populace.   Livewire could make sweaters just fine, scarves weren't an issue, but dresses were another matter entirely.  

The femme took in a calming breath (another mannerism learned, not required) and walked forward to push open one of the double doors that made up the shop entrance.  Metal feet clicked against the floor as she stepped through, and she internally winced at the noise that her discomfort deemed excessive.

She glanced about nervously, before she managed to pipe up.

"Hello?"
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 48

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Re: How do I "fancy"?

Post by Aya Valentine on Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:29 pm

How do indeed. But all good things were learned with practice and a guiding hand and a set of eyes to help things along. And sitting behind her desk, going over inventory sheets and invoices silently with only the scratching of the pen filling the premises. Looking up as the door opened, she smiled as her eyes beheld the sight of yellow, the most vibrant color. "Ah, hello Livewire, dear. Are you here about what you had discussed earlier?" An interest in fashion? Call her proud, babu was gonna be a seamstress, hopefully. It would be nice to have more, plus the draculina had always wanted to pass along her knowledge, for nostalgic meaning of course.

"So what is it that you would like to do then? Have you anything in mind?" She rose from her seat, placing the pen neatly on the paper as she inquired with the young femme, who she hoped was excited to be here. It was nice to see Livewire, keep a closer eye on her and Jana too, though things weren't always that easy to do. But, this was a lovely opportunity to reinforce good things and help dear Livewire figure out how clothing worked.
    Livewire
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Livewire on Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:51 am

Livewire smiled in relief when her audios picked up the tell-tale noise of a pen scratching along paper.  Ah, someone was here.   Good!

"Aya, it's good to see you."

She looked around the shop, letting her optics take in more of the interior.   Particularly the dresses on display, as well as the lilies.  It felt like it had been a long time, since the days when Livewire had put value in pretty things.  Her experiences had made her think that the frivolous cares of her youth were things to be abandoned.  Really, you would expect her optics to be green instead of blue with how jaded this child was.

Even with that, she had started to, well...she wanted to feel pretty.   There It was.   Over the past few months, Livewire had let her self-care go down.  Other than taking in her energon and brushing herself off, but then Knock Out came, and she realized how far she let herself go.  And then she started to remember that she liked feeling pretty.   And so, with that.

"Yeah, I am here about that. I um...I've started taking an interest in fashion.  And um...I thought you would be the best to, to come to.   I've been trying to make a dress, but...it, hasn't been going well."   It didn't help when the designs she based her test on weren't too friendly with a frame full of moving metal bits.

"So, if you could, maybe help me a bit?   Oh, and, I'd also like to buy a dress."  

Teach me your ways sempai
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Tue May 13, 2014 10:34 pm

Aya moved to stand closer to Livewire, politely motioning the young cybertonian to step inside the interior further. No need to be a stranger in this establishment. "And as always, it is truly a delight to see you as well, my dear. I'd offer you something to eat and drink but I sadly don't have your exact dietary items on hand." She in fact had no idea where to purchase them and if they were safe to keep about as she maybe durable the company she kept and Nym were not in her similar standard.

But she listened to the plight the femme had encountered with taking an interest in fashion and the woes of trying put the fondness into practice. It gave her a brief moment of remembrance to her first times trying to sew. It had ended with a hand covered in pricks and a garment only worthy as a dishrag. The draculina nodded for she would be your saving senpai to the plights of clothing on this fine day. "Well I am quite glad you decided too. It is a hard practice, but I think you will pick it up very well. I would be more than happy to assist you." What was really left was where to begin exactly, dresses were the more simple sorts, a lot of free reign to create unlike pants. And on that note Livewire's personal preference on dresses would be key as well. "Since we will be fashioning you a dress, what kinds do you like? Perhaps a sundress? Or something a little more body to it? What suits your tastes the most?" That was all that mattered in the end, the contentment of one Yellow Cybertronian child.
    Livewire
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Livewire on Wed May 14, 2014 8:42 am

The femme took the cue and fully entered the shop to better speak with Aya.  Of course they could both hold a fine conversation even if they were separated by a greater distance, but Livewire did appreciate the closeness.  

"I admit, I'd be rather surprised if you did."  Ever since Thomas Steele had taken an interest in showing just what Energon did to the human body, Livewire had realized that she shouldn't expect to find the substance anywhere except the Sanctuary.  She did have some plans to change that, simply so she wouldn't be dependent on the Sanctuary, but those would take a long time to come to fruit.

When Aya voiced her belief that Livewire would take well to fashioning clothing, the femme's spirits lifted.  Her own previous fumbled attempts at the craft had taught her early on that it took more than simply following a pattern, that there was a hidden intuition she had yet to develop.

"I do like the skirt designs that I've seen on most sundresses, but I worry that too much free fabric might be an issue.  I'm trying to avoid getting anything pinched or ripped when I move." Such are the woes of the pointy. "But at the same time, if there isn't enough room for the fabric to move around me then it usually gets torn."  There was a reason her sweaters seemed two sizes too large.

Livewire rubbed the back of her neck nervously.  Even though Aya had agreed and the femme fully intended to compensate Aya for her time, Livewire still felt as though she were imposing.  "So, I suppose that I like the free-flowing nature of a sundress, but I think that I'd need something with a little more body or structure to is so that it doesn't cling to me.  Also, I really like the look of sleeves, but, I've yet to find a way to make them work..."

Honestly, Livewire would be pleased with anything Aya did, any help at all. Help me Sempai, I need guidance.
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Tue May 27, 2014 10:51 am

"If I had it would be quite the thing, don't you think? I'm not too sure exactly what it looks like for sure, seems to have slipped my mind." Aya noted, finding it increasingly curious she couldn't recall what the food source for cybertronians looked like. Highly sad considering she had befriended a few of them in her years on Portal Breach.

Aya was also making careful note of the points Livewire was making about things she needed to have in her dress to avoid ripping, tearing and overall damage to said dress. There was of course a will and a way, it would just take a trial and error and lots of pretty fabric to get through. Hardly an issue. "Hmmm. So we must have room but not too much of it." Now that was a slight predicament, which would need plenty of musing though there might very well be a solution already to help protect outer fabric. While musing internally over fabrics, the vampire was watching the young femme's neck rubbing and felt partial bad. Aya did want Livewire to feel comfortable and there was certainly nothing to fear. "Don't you worry my dear, we an give you exactly what you want, it'll just take being a little crafty and patient. Fashion is more of making something to suit you're body to make you feel good about what already is fantastic." And that was only the first of her guidance, for now but there would be more coming very shortly.

"Well my dear. I think we can hardly start making a dress out here, if you'll follow me I'll take you to the fabric stock room. You can pick what sort of fabric you'd like and I'll show you a wonderful fashion bit that may solve part of your issues with free fabric." She motioned Livewire to follow after her, turning and walking to a deep green curtain that would appear to be a window but as Aya pulled it back it revealed a hallway instead. "Right this way, if you'd please."
    Livewire
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Livewire on Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:28 pm

Aya had forgotten what it looked like?  Of course it made sense to the femme, as she didn’t have a crying need to remember it, but still Livewire felt that this was something to be corrected immediately. “Energon is typically a glowing liquid, and the standard grade of it, at least here, is a blue.  It’s very caustic and radioactive, so I would suggest against keeping it without the proper containment.”  Befriending Thomas had taught the femme exactly what the effects of her fuel had on organic matter, and she wouldn’t want any accidental repetition of that to occur in Aya’s place of work.  

Livewire nodded after her little exposition about what she believed she needed from a dress.  In all honesty, Livewire was going about this in a difficult direction.  When trying to design her own dresses, she was putting more effort into worrying about applying all of the constraints of fabric physics, tensile strength, reactivity to acid, and other physical properties that it never occurred to her to read any books regarding actual fashion, to learn from the attempts of those before her.  She was trying to create a masterpiece with tools she knew nothing about.  With Aya’s reassurance, the child felt the tight coil in her stomach relax.  Not the actual tight coil in her stomach, as she wouldn’t be able to move very well if that relaxed, but the tight coil representing her nervousness.  That was perfectly safe to relax.   “I do like the sound of that.”

As the vampiress invited her further into the shop, Livewire could feel the tense fear bleed away.  This is just a learning experience with a friend, and being scared of Aya wouldn’t make any sense at all.  Well, no.  Livewire herself was an active advocate for reasons people should be wary of Aya.  Not in that Aya was some monster to be feared, but because Livewire had built a pedestal of respect and awe for the draculina in her mind, and she did her best to influence others to respect Aya as well.  Oh, a fashion bit for her problem?  If she didn’t have it before, Aya now possessed Livewire’s full attention.   With a small, grateful smile, Livewire carried herself down the revealed hallway into the fabric room.  Now, the fun can begin.
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:23 pm

The draculina made a small 'oh' noise and nodded, that definitely didn't sound like the sort of thing for anyone but a cybertronian to be mucking about it. It also wasn't like she knew how to properly contain dangerous materials anyway. "Ah, Thank you for the reminder, Livewire. I do not know how I could've forgotten about something that requires so much thought to handle. Well perhaps for those of a less suitable nature might find it difficult to handle." The last part was more a run on thought then anything, Aya sometimes just would think and then her mouth would speak said thoughts as well. Luckily, it was never anything questionable.

She gave another reassuring smile in the young femmes direction, and was truly happy that she was helping her figure out what she wanted. Times had changed, people had too and Livewire had undergone them as well. Some for better, some for worse and it was the worse than gave her greatest concern. But she would do her best to support without being overbearing and smothering. "Well I can hardly wait to begin, we'll make fantastic dresses for you." And that was a promise.

Aya led Livewire back into the hall, humming for a few seconds before turning to a door on the left and opening, looking back to Livewire. "You are allowed to use an fabric you desire, so if something catches your eyes, don't be afraid to say so." With that said, Aya opened the door fully and stepped in allowing gracious amounts of room for Livewire to enter as well. The room was larger in size, having a table with various bits of fabric laying about it in a planning phase of sorts. The walls of the room were lined with racks that were packed to the ceiling with many bolts of colorful fabrics. "It is a bit of a mess, but I can never say I never had what I needed. And before I forget, I better show you my idea." Stepping over to a close by rack she withdrew a bolt of teal tulle and held it out to the femme for better inspection. "This my dear, is called Tulle. And tulle is fantastic for giving volume and body. And it wouldn't matter all too much if it gets a little ripped, if we layer it strips, it'll move with you. There is a collection of colors, I grabbed this for an example. What do you think?" Luckily Livewire wouldn't have to worry about it being scratchy like most organic beings did. Though Aya thought this might be a good confidence boost and a good solution to her issue of needing room but not too much.
    Livewire
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Livewire on Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:11 pm

The child listened as Aya spoke her thoughts regarding the nuances of energon. "Its difficult for cybertronians to handle as well, which is why we keep it contained." The energon cube was a nifty device to be sure, but even the contained substance needed to be handled with care.

The first glimpses of the myriad of colors stuffed into the racks of the fabric room fanned the excited flame in Livewire. She nodded to Aya and stepped inside the room after her. Blue optics scanned across each sample available to her vision as her mind began to piece the colors with her memories, connecting them with earlier images to create pathways for recalling the view. "There...there's so much."

If there had only been a few fabrics on display, the femme might have started trying to piece another design together in her mind. Instead, she found herself quickly overwhelmed by the reality of her choices. Thankfully, Aya's voice broke through before any frustration could form. Livewire's head snapped around towards Aya as her optics took to the fabric in her hands. She stayed quiet as Aya explained what it was and how it would help. It seemed that this tulle would help with some of Livewire's greater concerns regarding the dress, and with this though the child felt more of her concerns melt away. "I think it will do perfectly. Or, I hope it will, because I don't know that much about it, but I trust you." It was a strange way of coping that Livewire had. Building up a wall around her and hiding behind it in a false mask of being completely composed. It followed, then, that these stutters and this uncertainty were the only strange signs that the child was willing to let the wall down, if only a little. While Aya feared smothering the femme, Livewire trusted her enough to keep the draculina closer than most.

A careful hand reached forward to gently touch the fabric. She had made sure to clean herself thoroughly before coming, so the femme didn't see any reason why this action might be unwelcome. "Where might it go?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:53 am