Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    36/36  (36/36)

Nothing to See here, Move Along

Post by Joshua on Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:49 am

17/04/14
    12:30 pm

Joshua sat on a bench next to an unimportant building, one leg thrown carelessly over the other, one arm up on the back of the bench, the other holding a coffee cup filled part way to the top with water. His head was thrown back, eyes closed most of the way, and he raised it not at all as people passed by, only lifting it fractionally as his hand rose to sip from the cup and put it back down, the bottom resting on his knee. He shared the bench with no one at all, both due to his relaxed posture and the fact that he obviously did not want company and the other cup.

Another cup of water, this one much closer to full, appeared to sit in the middle of the bench next to him. It was as if the space was claimed in the name of someone who had not yet arrived, though some more adventurous pedestrians were not bothered by that possibility and approached anyways, to turn away for a totally different reason. You see, the cup was floating ever so slightly off the bench, swishing this way and that in the gentle wind, very obviously not suspended by or perched on anything. But the cup wasn't just still, it would occasionally tip up slightly as if some very diminutive invisible being was tipping it to sip a small amount of liquid from the cup. Those few psychically gifted passersby could see that there was definitely no one else on the bench however, and see the hint of a grin that graced the boy's lips whenever the cup tipped up to scare off another passerby.

Where were you, mister? He'd even got you a glass of water to pretend to drink.
    Hazama
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Nothing to See here, Move Along

Post by Hazama on Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:05 pm

Hazama turned the corner. He'd agreed to meet up with Joshua not long ago... okay, it had been a small while. But, regardless, he was meeting with Joshua for some reason Joshua wanted. It wouldn't be violent since it was set in the city - rather close to the center of the city, at that - which kinda disappointed him, but it could concern something fun. Still, he didn't keep his hopes up. Maybe it was something mundane? He'd probably do it, for the hell of it. Who knows?

Approaching Joshua as he was sat down, Hazama noticed the little trick with the glass quickly. Being able to tell no-one was there because he was capable of sensing presences, he gave a little smirk at Joshua's amusement in teasing the local populace. The definition of a terror was YOU! Not letting anything else reside over his face, Hazama took the seat next to Joshua. "So, Joshua... you called?" Hazama would listen. Trust Hazama. He would always listen.

Always.
    Joshua
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 18

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    36/36  (36/36)

Post by Joshua on Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:52 pm

The cup floated the few inches aside that was required to make room for the looming green haired one, so that when he sat he did not receive a rear-end full of water and crumpled paper cup. Though that would be amusing, it was not the proper time for things like that. Regardless, when Hazama sat, his rear end did not get wet and the cup landed gently on the arm of the chair nearest the visitor, in case he ever wished to drink, unlikely as it might be.

Joshua would trust you, Hazama. Joshua trusted everyone. Trusted everyone to betray or otherwise disappoint him, but that was still some vague approximation of trust, wasn't it? Nonetheless, when Hazama prompted for information, Joshua was fully willing to give, and give fully. He was nothing if not as honest as the one he sat next to. "So how much do you like games, Hazama? I hear you like them lots, so I was wondering if I could get your help in setting up my favorite game of all." Joshua's head rose and turned to regard his visitor as he said this, his familiar slightly scathing grin in place. It would not do to avoid eye contact when discussing such a lovely topic.
    Hazama
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hazama on Thu May 08, 2014 7:23 pm

You called? I suppose you could say... you were Calling.

Anyway, trust was a wonderful thing. Hazama had no way to betray you - not yet. But, who's to say he would? Time would tell, he supposed, but the only certain thing was that Joshua likely wouldn't lose out on too much, either way... that was, unless he opted to ask Hazama for something personal, something close to him. All the same... this was honestly shocking to Hazama. Joshua wanted to ask for his help. Joshua was asking for his help. He certainly wasn't used to that. He was more used to being ordered to help, by Relius or by Izanami. Luckily, they were out of the picture. He'd have killed them eventually anyway.

Even though he could still end up betraying you, being polite was still a surefire way to add bonus points to getting his help.

"Well, you're not wrong..." Hazama wasn't feeling particularly thirsty, but it was a kind gesture. Much appreciated, Composer. Eye contact, you say? He made sure to open his eyes, but only slightly. Wouldn't want the eye surprise to be popped at an unfortunate time, would you? But, they weren't glowing - just yellow, snakelike pupils in his squinty eyes, looking at Joshua. They say the eyes were the gateway to the soul, you know... but Hazama couldn't read your soul by looking at you. That was strictly his partner's thing. His partner's creepy ass thing that he'd happily forget.

"Your favourite game, you say? Please, do say more." Sure, he'd heard snippets of it through being in Sanctuary, but he'd never heard the full thing. The Game, was it? You did used to explain that a lot...

"You can probably tell I'm interested, even if I don't know the full story yet."
    Joshua
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    36/36  (36/36)

Post by Joshua on Fri May 09, 2014 3:08 am

Oho. He might just be Calling, you'd have to see, clever boy.

Yes, he was asking. Asking came before forcing, naturally. He'd be asking the Dark Judges soon enough what they thought of the plan, and he hadn't yet decided if he would make it plain to them that they might end up involved against their will. Hopefully that wouldn't come up in the case of Hazama, he was slightly more of a keystone than they might turn out to be. As for Hazama's eyes, he didn't need to share. He'd got his peek in Kev's memories when they turned to discussing the villain, and it was hardly his to be offended by strange bodily features, given his own unique physical condition. As it was, their eyes met for a brief moment; those strange yellow slitted ones meeting the slate grey, somewhat cold and emotionless but slightly more human eyes, before Joshua broke the connection and his eyes returned to some semblance of normal, that creepy overtone hidden once again.

Eyes might be windows to the soul, but Hazama was lucky he couldn't see into Joshua's, just as Joshua was probably lucky he couldn't see into Hazama's. Wouldn't want the hired help drowning in information before they even got started, Joshua knew far too much for it to be healthy for the average mind. Regardless, on to the actual topic at hand rather than idle thoughts.

"Well, my game was a little thing I might have played a few times in my old world. It revolved around the premise of setting tasks for the participants to complete in a certain time frame, and culling the ones that didn't succeed over time, until few were left and they could complete a final task. Every entrant had to pay a fee, and at the end, they were asked if they wanted their fee returned or not. Those that didn't get to the end, didn't get that choice. They didn't live." Here, Joshua paused and gave a little secret smile, as if sharing a secret with a lover or someone equally close to them, before continuing. "It was best when they didn't know what they had lost when they joined, or what exactly was going on. It made for better sport." Another little pause. "I need a little bit of help organizing this little game. Do you have any pressing questions?"
    Hazama
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hazama on Sun May 11, 2014 2:08 pm

You'd think asking came before forcing. Coming from a world where it was very much the opposite for a whole lotta people was a bit of a pain in the ass, sometimes. Hazama hadn't really been asked much here on the Breach, but still... it ended up being a surprise whenever he was asked to do something. And no, it didn't count when people asked him to stop being an asshole to people. That was about as good as asking a rhetorical question, because you knew he wasn't gonna do anything of the sort.

Absolutely. This guy had seen every possibility of the Continuum Shift - and the Continuum Shift had nearly limitless possibilities. The Continuum Shift being what kept time looping for a few days, over and over, meant that it was more information (though, only about a couple of days, no more) than a human could learn in a million lifetimes. As for what Joshua had learned... who knows? Maybe it'd be enough to make Hazama get a migraine. Fuckin' knowledge and its properties of being crammed into your undead mind, yo.

Hmmm... that was a good bit of information, but he still didn't know much about it. He knew that you set tasks, killed who didn't complete the tasks, and took entry fees from people. "Any pressing questions? Well... what exactly do you want me to do? I mean, I'm partial to a bloodbath, but I can't really bring the ruckus without knowing what ruckus there is to be brought, you know? Or how I do so - if you're asking that of me, that is." Hazama smiled, almost sweetly. "Ah, not that I'm against any of it. In fact, I confess I'm most interested."

He could better help set up when he knew what the Game exactly included.
    Joshua
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    36/36  (36/36)

Post by Joshua on Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:37 am

There were a lot of similarities between the two of them really. The Continuum Shift of a day or so, and the Reaper Games of a week or so, their very nearly undead states that were ever so well hidden and ever so different from the usual, and their penchant for games of the deadly kind. The largest difference was in their method, though not their methodology. In the memory department, Hazama probably would get a migraine, given that Joshua had one fairly often nowadays, and they were both weaker than they had been. Significantly so, in some cases. Though on the other hand, Hazama was significantly more dead than Joshua, while Joshua was significantly more celestially gifted.

It was fairly hard to explain exactly what the idea behind the game was to someone that had not experienced it themselves, either from a Players position or a Reapers. It was also difficult to explain in that each game was subtly different according to the GM in charge that week, and according to the entry fees and actions of the players themselves. If they were self-destructive or supportive, if they were knowledgeable or not, and what Hazama would decide to do on his own, without guidance from Joshua. There was a large degree of difference between games, no matter what it might appear to an outsider, or to someone like Neku who had the atypical experience.

"Well you see..."
    Hazama
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hazama on Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:48 am

Oh, the Continuum Shift... a period of time repeated endlessly by that disgusting Master Unit, Amaterasu... Hazama remembered each and every loop of that event, and he wasn't much better off for it in this day and age. After he'd been brought here, he had to admit that it was a big pain in the ass regarding that, because it ended with "You waited so long, but even though you succeeded, it was worthless in the end". Oh well, such is life. He'd just have to kick a puppy later to get back at Amaterasu. Take THAT, nature.

Hazama could already tell this was going to be a long explanation... he could have patience when he needed to, though. He stayed silent as he watched Joshua, not moving much. He was about to learn a lot, he was sure... and it could even help him toward his plan of understanding certain things. It'd probably end in him having to fight someone. He'd be fine with that. He was no stranger to fighting, as much as he would have you believe he was. But it might end in something a bit more... manipulative, which is what he was interested in. He had no choice but to hear Joshua out and see.

So remaining silent, he did.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:18 am