Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Do You Want To Build A Barn? [CLOSED]

Post by Kev on Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:37 pm

Time: 3:45 AM
    Date: April 4th, 2014

Today was...well, quite a day. One that was full of things to ponder, though Kev preferred to just shove that unpleasantness aside for the moment and focused. Randall had told him that he was ready to start building the barn soon, and that they would need a few more people to help. He remembered a few people offering to help, Nyreena and Jak, possibly Alexander. Nyreena and Jak were, at the moment pretty...busy with some other things. Mainly, a target on their heads. He doubted they had the time and luxury to come on outside of the city, where they were protected, to help build a barn in the middle of the heartlands. Randall also suggested that he get people who knew more about constructing or building, which he could agree with. The Kryptonistanian didn't know much about building and constructing a building, and poor Randall couldn't be the only one out there who knew what he was doing. They would need help. Muscle. Brains! Portal Breach surely had a surplus of such to hand out. They need only ask in the right places. ...And offer some compensation of course.

Kev looked at the paper and gave it a once over before nodding to himself. Grabbing a tack, he pinned it to the board and turned on his heel to walk away. He would come back and check daily, to see what would come of this.

Employer: Kev
    Position: Builder
    Type of Job: Building and Constructing a Barn
    Hours: We will start in the morning and should be done by evening. The day is undecided, but soon. It will be put up on here when exactly we will do this.
    Wage: Negotiable. But don't get crazy! I'm not made of money.
    Number of Openings: 2 more, 3 at the Most
    Duties: Assisting in the construction of a barn. This will allow for my sheep/goat/llama to have a sheltered place to stay in that will be warm during the winter time as well, and provide extra protection from predators.

I'm Kev, you may or may not know me. I'm the mouthless alien guy who helps save the world sometimes, but usually just works in the City Noise. Anyways, I'm writing this bulletin note because now that its summer, I'm in need of some assistance with a project. I've always had the idea to build a barn for my animals, but...well, I'm not the barn-building type. I'm kinda scrawny, and I don't know much about construction. However, after a night in the Sanctuary and some brainstorming with a few others, this barn may actually come to fruition! With the help of Randall, we are organizing a way to build this thing! But we need a few more helpers. If you want to be paid for helping, we can negotiate this, and thank you!. If you don't want to be paid for helping, thank you as well! You have made an ally! But this doesn't mean I'm gonna be in debt to you More details will be given after people have applied! Thanks again!

Requirements:
    * Must be knowledgeable in how to build or construct a building. Supplies will be provided, but we need some smarts/muscle.
    * Must be willing to work with others.

How to Apply:
    Just sign the dotted line! Along with the day of construction, directions will also be given for how to find my cottage.

Taken Positions:
    1. Randall, the Brains behind this Operation
    2. Impa
    3. Arro
    4. Zurg

Remaining Positions:

Last edited by Kev on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:58 am; edited 2 times in total

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Do You Want To Build A Barn? [CLOSED]

Post by Impa on Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:54 am

Several hours after Kev had first posted his bulletin, the Kryptonistanian had garnered not only the attention of another pair of hands to help him in this endeavor, but he had also piqued the interest of one of this friends. This morning, Impa found herself headed back to the Stock Pot Inn after setting out on an early errand in the city, and on her route home, she had decided to make a slight detour by the bulletin board. Even though very few of the bulletins posted ever applied to her and her four charges, she made a habit to check the board on a regular basis. For one, it was good to stay in the know, and two, they never knew just what might be posted. A couple of days prior, she had learned of a very interesting sign-up sheet that had actually come in handy that very afternoon… today however, she found something that she might be able to help with.

From time to time around their many visits, Kev had mentioned the possibility of adding on to the grounds at Lovers' Meadow, and from the look of things, with the weather starting to warm up, he had decided that now was the best chance to act on one such idea. The Sheikah carefully read over the posted bulletin, noting the hours with a nod before smiling a bit in amusement at the line about wages. That note did not factor into her decision at all here as Kev was one of her close friends, and friends helped each other out with tasks such as these.

As she got to the detailed description, Impa's slight smile grew a touch as she gained more insight behind the note posted here. It appeared that an eventful discussion in the Sanctuary had served as the final catalyst for getting this off the ground so to speak, although it was rather interesting to see how set Randall was to help out here. She mainly knew the monster indirectly around the inn and of course via the bakery, but it was good to see him getting involved in such a project.

Impa was not a carpenter by trade, but she certainly knew enough to take care of quite a bit of what this undertaking might entail. She could tackle her own projects, such as building bookshelves, installing a wall bed, and the lofting that she had taken care of in her room at the inn, and past that, she was versed enough in the particulars of carpentry to have contracted Mutoh and his workers to help expand Kakariko Village back in Hyrule. Raising a barn was quite different from building houses, but it was still a rather exciting prospect.

With a final glance over the requirements and a nod to herself, Impa pulled a pen out of her Hyrulean storage space before moving to sign her name in the next spot. As soon as that was taken care of, she gave the rest of the board one last look before turning to continue her trek back towards the inn. Whenever the building might occur, the Sheikah was already looking rather forward to it.
    Arro
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 52

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    570/570  (570/570)
    Stamina Bar:
    104/104  (104/104)

Post by Arro on Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:01 am

Arro came along a day later during his habitual trip from the the coastline to the mountains. As usual his route was plotted to give him a view of the bulletin board. It was a rather nondescript location for getting news and announcements but if anything occurring worth reading was happening it would show up here. Good for him too, what with his lack of an internet address or mailbox. That and spending vast amounts of his time alone on the fringes of nowhere kept him out of earshot of most news, unless it was plain to see on the planet's surface... Matter of fact it was a really good thing this place existed.

Wings flung wide to catch the breeze, he craned his long neck down in vulture fashion to peer into the approaching courtyard below. His eyes scanned the documents rapidly... Jak Mar was offering his skills, just above that someone else was recruiting people to kill the man, and there was something from Kev.

Arro fluttered his wings, dropping in altitude to get a better look, and read through the request more thoroughly than the others. Kev was building a barn for his livestock. A good idea. They'd be thankful for the added warmth and security, especially against the predators that frequented the wilds around Kev's property. He flexed his talons thoughtfully in the wind and grimaced, regretting again having once forgotten himself and chasing a llama or two. Kev forgave him quickly but the drai judged himself more harshly than others. Rather than focus on this as a chance to make amends however, he found himself idealizing the chance to do something productive. Most of his time in the breach was devoted to fighting the occasional megalomaniac and hunting. Having a goal, regardless of it's simplicity, was a valued opportunity. And a chance to do something, for someone whom he didn't speak with often enough to justify how kind he was to him.

As for the actual construction, he wagered he'd fulfill the part of the muscle, and he had seen enough destroyed buildings to gain a rudimentary understanding of their construction. Barns included. Actually applying that knowledge and figuring out the plans would be the interesting part.

Arro cloaked himself in leather and spun towards the ground. He flared his wings wide as he entered the courtyard to land gently, and plucked up a pen to dash his name across the paper.

His gaze skimmed the surrounding documentation one last time before he returned to the skies and continued on his way.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:08 am

Was a certain scaly alien requesting help?

Seeing as how Kev had posted his bulletin on a really early Friday morning, Zurg had not seen it until after his shift down at the Chop Shop and almost missed this great opportunity. Fortunately the alien had ignored his grumbling stomachs and chose to deviate from his normal walk back to the house. Tired eyes caught sight of a new addition tacked to the board today and, wouldn't you just know it, it was from his all-time favourite moo cow! Naturally the noseless nosy alien had to go and inspect, for this is surely what all noseless nosy aliens do. It was a shame he had not thought to pack his reading glasses, though... Oh well! He'll just assume this chicken scratch was Kev's feeble attempt at penmanship. "He's finally getting that barn underway for the animals? Good for him," the monarch commented with evident approval.

He pressed his face closer and squinted, trying to make out the rest of the paper's details. Working with others was easy, thanks to customer service and working on his patience. And constructing buildings, both large and small, was nothing difficult. Who do you think assisted the grubs and brain pods with their blueprints, finances, and the gathering of resources? What else, what else... Ah yes, Kev was a string bean of a lad, wasn't he? Zurg could definitely be the hired muscle, but what's this? It turns out three other individuals had already signed their names down at the bottom.

Randall was apparently the brains of this operation. "Ooh, Randy-poo. Should be fun."
    Whereas the Inn's head of security, Impa, had also enlisted. "I feel safer already."
    And even Arro, that whiskered recluse, was throwing his name into the mix. "Oh, now I just have to sign my name."

Which is exactly what the monarch did, Zurg removing a pen from his overall pocket and signing away in what could be considered the most delicate cursive known to purple-kind. Why, he even added a smiley face and one or two hearts.

Only the best for his moo cow; who, now that he thought about it, owed him a jar.

"There," he nodded, pleased with his decision. "That should do it, Zurg, old boy. You've just signed yourself up for some old-fashioned community service." And, to be fair, the monarch did owe to his friend to help in making this barn. Remember that "gardening" session? Yes. Memory lane revisited, the monarch capped his pen and went back to his afternoon stroll. "I'll just charge him a month's worth of fecal matter and call it even." Mm, won't Jo be real pleased~!

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:50 pm

Impa, Arro, and Zurg. Not exactly the first names he would have expected to have signed up for making a barn, but it seemed like a good idea! Arro was a dragon, he had a lot of brawn. Impa was magical and brawny, might have experience in building things. And Zurg was Zurg! He was strong and smart and he made stuff! With three more helpers, surely this barn thing would be no trouble at all!

Kev walked to the board and held up a slightly smaller note, tacking it to his original one. Since all three knew where to find his cottage, he decided not to include directions. With a quick nod to himself, Kev continued on his way back to work. At the very least, the group that had all gotten together for this was going to prove very...interesting.

The barn building will begin at the end of the month! This way, its not too short notice for anyone involved. It shouldn't take longer than a day either! Remember to come by early. We can discuss payment either before then or that day, but in any case, thank you guys very much! See you then!

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri May 02, 2014 12:14 am

((The thread has been made! BOOP))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:21 pm