Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Baa Ram Ewe!

Post by Fear on Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:28 am

Time: Afternoon
    Date: March 22nd, 0004

There wasn't much happening as of late, and this day was not to be spared from monotony's wheel.

Like any afternoon with no sinners for him to judge and K.A.R.R. currently in recharge status, Judge Fear had been forced to patrol around the farm's perimeter in a feeble attempt at finding something exciting to do. There was, as usual, nothing that rewarded such hopeful efforts. "We should have never chose this ordinary homestead as our current base of operations," hissed the Dark Judge in hindsight. Granted, staying here had been relatively low-key and no one really had stopped by to bother them, but that also took much of the spontaneity out of the equation. With another grumble the undead fiend idly kicked a few loose pebbles with his gnarled toes, a sense of boredom beginning to overcome him. "What I would not give to - ?"

??? wrote:Fire, Fear, hear me my brothers. I have been transported out of the city against my will, have the same fates befallen you as well?

Say, what was that on the wind...?

It took a moment, maybe two, before Judge Fear realized that: A) there was no wind; and B) the very vestiges of his psychic tendrils had started to profusely tingle. This could only mean one thing and one thing only... Who so boldly reaches into the void and demands my presence? the ghoul sounded back, his gaze surveying the land around him. Hmm, no immediate response and the coverage was spotty... Could this have been a trick of the mind, or was there actually something out there? Thinking to investigate this unusual disturbance and determine who had created this mental link, Judge Fear thought to be a right nuisance.

I cannot hear you; speak up, sonny, he requested dryly. It was probably a no good wannabe telepath thinking to reel in a big fish, or something... Keep talking, punk. The Dark Judge had been craving something to seek his talons into for a good long while.
    Mortis
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Baa Ram Ewe!

Post by Mortis on Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:22 pm

His call had gone out, traversing the swamps and grasslands alike in way similar to a distress broadcast. Miles upon miles the Dark Judge had covered psychically, all the while wondering if perhaps he was going to suffer a similar fate as Death. Spared from containment to carry out justice on his own, alone with no means of reclaiming the other two while they sat underground, encased in glasseen until another foolish Judge decided to try and use them for their bidding.

A blessing, to dispense justice while Mega-City one was busy with the other two, or a curse that he was away from the Mega City while his brothers needed him to aid in judging what populace remained? The ghoul figured his circumstance to be more the latter, given their prior attempts at judging the city when they had been released last. How odd that they continued to go after the same iniquitous city when they knew how to destroy their bodies and contain them...

Judge Fear wrote:Who so boldly reaches into the void and demands my presence?

Judge Mortis shoved these thoughts aside as a familiar voice reached forth, although at the same time they seemed to be strangers all at once. A confused hiss escaped his bleached skull as his claws curled, completely taken back by the unusual response. What could have made Judge Fear reply to him in such a manner, had he forgotten already about his brother in justice?

Oh, that would do it wrote:I cannot hear you; speak up, sonny,

That would certainly explain why the other Dark Judge had not recognized him, but why was his mental link so weak in this bog? In fact, now that he thought about it, much of himself felt rather frail after falling out of that portal. Perhaps it was a side effect of traveling through it? So far there had been no technology for portals that they had come across as of yet. Dimensional and teleportation jumps? Yes. It may not be so out of the question...

Judge Fear, it isss I, Mortisss! Do you not recognize your own brother? He replied over the link, focusing to get his thoughts heard more clearly. How goesss your progresss of purging the Mega City? Have you been ousssted from itsss wallsss asss well or were you and Fire successsful? Speaking of Fire, Mortis could not hear him over the link either. Perhaps they were farther away from each other than he initially thought.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:46 pm

A little better... wrote:Judge Fear, it isss I, Mortisss! Do you not recognize your own brother?

It was a struggle on his end to distinguish every word, but the Dark Judge knew his own name when spoken. Hmm...? This was no mere amateur that was experimenting with their capabilities, this was - Mortis...? Is that you? Blimey, the ghoul almost hadn't recognized his brother's presence! Could this be because his dearest comrade had been flattened upon entering Portal Breach? A question was sent across the faint connection and it required Judge Fear's utmost concentration to keep it stabilized. Naturally his brother would inquire about Mega-City One's fate and about Judge Fire's whereabouts, yet the current stronger of the two knew better.

There is much you need to know, he responded. But before I may, what is your current location? It is imperative that we reconvene at once. Because if Judge Mortis had been reduced to his most rudimentary foundation as Judge Fear had been... Stay where you are and do not engage any sinner you may come across, the ghoul further warned. I am traveling to your location as we speak.

Away to hop in K.A.R.R. and find Judge Mortis!

Mortis
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Mortis on Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:34 pm

Damn right this was no amateur! Even if the Dark Judge was not feeling up to his usual strength, he could still manage to contact his brethren from all the way out in the swamp. If the swamp was even as far as he thought it might be from the other Dark Judge. Yesss, it isss I. He affirmed. But what was this?

Instead of there being an affirmation of their duties being carried out, he was met was a rather intriguing statement. What? How much hasss changed in the few momentsss that I have been removed from the Mega-City? Mortis asked, puzzled at the strange reply. Had they been transported out of the city as well, or worse? The ghoul listened as Judge Fear asked of his location, a small hiss coming over the line before the sheep skulled Judge replied. I am not sssure, It looksss like a large ssswamp, there isss life everywhere. Disssgussting place. Nothing but living creatures and plants for as long as the undead Judge could see. But why would his brother advise him to abstain from dispensing justice?

Had there truly been a change of plans in his brief absence? Why the pacifisssm all of a sssudden brother? It appeared that would be a question that would be answered later, for Judge Fear was coming right to his exact position. Good, that meant they were not as far away as he thought they were, and perhaps he would be returning to his duties swiftly.

A thought that made Judge Mortis give a delighted hiss. Very well, I will guide you along the way to my dessstiniation if posssible.

Current date/time is Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:18 pm