650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

OTP From Hell

Post by Fear on Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:08 pm

Time: Business Hours (around 11:00am)
    Date: February 12th, 0004

"Right here, right here. Stop right here, K.A.R.R."

It had been a pleasant little drive out from the countryside and into the city, the entire journey spanning less than a full hour. Excellent haste, for time was of the essence. Halting to a silent stop right beside the concrete curb, a sleek two-toned vehicle momentarily parked itself before a certain shop - a seamstress' boutique, no less. "Undo the lock," came a familiar hiss from within the automobile's cockpit. There was a click of the driver's side door and out popped everybody's favourite Dark Judge, the helmed ghoul unfurling his gangly limbs and compressed spine. He stepped out from within K.A.R.R.'s darkened interior to finally stand at his towering height. Ah yes, the iniquitous streets of Portal City... How he so desired to rid these city blocks of filth. Not right now, however. There was a bit of business to negotiate.

"Perfect. You know what to do," the ghoul directed his ally. "Either find a nice alleyway to occupy or drive to the outer district and partake in a little stress relief. I will be able to handle myself from here." One could hope, anyway. With that out of the way and not wanting his hand being held, Judge Fear stepped forward as he took a few moments to study this... establishment.

Well, it was certainly ritzy... and a pinch Victorian in decor, too. Hence the name, Victorian Lily, perhaps.

The ghoul was not here to appraise architectural styles or titles, however, and in he went. Unsurprisingly, there were a dozen or so mannequins and coat racks that immediately proliferated his vision; unless the Dark Judge was going to specifically request an evening gown to baffle K.A.R.R., he stepped away from the entrance and proceeded deeper into the shop. Further within he found a desk, clearly an antique, and for a moment the ghoul wondered if there was a little bell he was supposed to ring. When he found none and ceased peering over the desk's wooden edge, Judge Fear swiveled his gaze one last time before relying on the next best course of action.

"Greetings," the Dark Judge's voice loudly reverberated between these walls. "I am currently in need of a new uniform and require professional assistance. Will you be able to help an honest fellow out?" If you tried to think that he wouldn't notice anyone was in, don't be shy. The sign outside clearly said you were in for business.

Love you too, Ash~!
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: OTP From Hell

Post by K.A.R.R. on Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:09 pm

From city to countryside the trip was indeed swift, and with the aid of KARR's map finding the shop Judge Fear wished to visit was quite simple. "Yes, I heard you the first time." KARR replied evenly as his engines died down and he pulled over to the curb. Although as he came to a stop per Judge Fear's command, the AI could not help but be a little perplexed at the choice of shop he decided to use.

Dresses, elegant clothing and other fine hand tailored garments were displayed in the windows, hardly what the KARR would consider close to what his driver usually wore. "You have intriguing tastes, I must admit. I would have never thought you to look to a dress shop for work on a leather uniform." KARR noted as he scanned the interior of the shop, observing the plants and clothing that lined the walls. However, usually such craftsmanship required an ample amount of payment. He did not think the ghoul to be the type to splurge on unnecessary things, but it seemed logical that the owner would undoubtedly wish for a good sum for working with Judge fear's rather interesting attire.

However, the image of the Dark Judge returning covered in sequins was certainly an amusing one.

"Very well, I will return for you in a short while." KARR replied to his dismissal. "Try not to get too carried away with ordering your new attire." He added, a smirk evident in his voice. With that, KARR gave his engines a small rev before driving off. Not to an alleyway or the outer district, but towards the Library.

After yesterday he had a few new questions that needed answering, if the databases would be so kind to comply.
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 48

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:53 pm

Oh! wrote:"Greetings,"

No! wrote:"I am currently in need of a new uniform and require professional assistance. Will you be able to help an honest fellow out?"

And what wick thing this way comes?

Something stinky and no so honest as he was proclaiming to be either, don't think you weren't being scrutinized, Judge! Holding true to the most natural of entrances to her establishment, where there wasn't a soul in sight was a space now occupied by a stern looking vampire. Arms crossed loosely over her chest, she stood stiffly and peered up to the figure before her. What a familiar one it sadly was. Nose wrinkling briefly, her face once again became impassive as she supposed she couldn't really deny a customer, if that was what he intended to be.

"Judge Fear," She had to swallow any and all biting remark for the sake of dignity and pride and to better focus on not gagging. "How pleasant to see you." Don't worry, she was bursting into flames on the inside about this meeting when it was nearly time for a bite to eat. Still, he was looking for help and the sooner she did, the sooner finding a way to freshen the air up was going to be possible. She would actually have to remember where she left the freshener this time. "So what is it that I can assist you with this morning?" She really ought get rid of that accursed sign, though an unlocked door was usually key for 'Hello, yes, please come in, friend!'. Bugger all the luck.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:12 pm

"A good tailor is intimate with many fabrics and styles," Judge Fear was quick to remind his dubious counterpart. And you stop that mental image right now, for the Dark Judge was most certainly not returning in sequins. His uniform may be outlandish in more ways than one, but it honestly didn't need any razzle-dazzle to spruce things up. "Fret not, K.A.R.R.; I have saved enough from our weekly purges for this purchase." And if the ghoul's current budget was not satisfactory, he could always spend another week purging for resources - not that he needed such an excuse, regardless. Although...

Why was there an evident smirk in the AI's voice...?

It was best not to interrogate K.A.R.R. for the answer, as Judge Fear would assuredly not fancy it, so away the vehicle went without further pestering. And speaking of being a bother, looks like the lady of the establishment was in~!

Miss Valentine wrote:"How pleasant to see you."

"Such a flawless lie, although your words tickle my insides," the Dark Judge hissed, clearly amused. The day Miss Valentine was sincerely pleased to see the ghoul was the day every living thing had been permanently stricken from Portal Breach. He'll just have to work overtime during the interim, won't he? "Your sign proclaimed that you were in for business, and I just so happen to be in need of a professional seamstress. No doubt you aware of my uniform's ragged state?" Given that the Dark Judge's attire had seen far better days and was currently in holes and tatters, it should be obvious why the undead fiend had stopped by. "I need a new uniform and several handy duplicates," Judge Fear elaborated. "And seeing as how I cannot yet create multiples on my own, I require your expert set of hands. You are the only person I've heard with a spectacular reputation for detail and finesse on this accursed world."

Not so much flattery as that Miss Valentine was pretty much the only tailor Portal Breach had to offer. And an undead one, too~!
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:49 pm

She rose a brow in response first, a simple arch but no more than that. Resisting the urge to either click her tongue in distaste or throw him out the doors she choose neither and stood still. "I would be careful of laying that word upon me in my own domain, I maybe many things but I do unfortunately extend common courtesy. One of which is allowing to continuing speaking before me." Watch your step, would be a good phrase to adhere to and mostly because those feet were going to muss the carpet something terrible. Oh all the cleaning and fresheners she was going to have exhaust after this. And yet, she was glad the undead lawman could read, or not so glad actually for that sign was causing her great amounts of pain right at this very moment. His need for help was a little obvious and even though she was morbidly curious as to how he got that way she refrained if only because you didn't ask questions if you didn't really want the answers.

"I am quite aware of your state, it is incredibly hard to miss, you know. So let me clarify. You desire me to remake not one but various copies of your," Aya paused searching for the right word, or at least one that came off as the least rude. Ostentatious? Ghastly? Fiendish? Not exactly any word that could be used within social graces. "Particular display." The vampire finished, still finding this word to be a far cry from what she had thought suited better. Fiendish was seeming much better given the ghoul's occupation. "Have you ever considered having a change in style? Perhaps getting rid of those knee pads of yours and trading in for something sleeker? Adding shoes to the equation?" Who said DA LAAAAAAAAW, had to dress like they rolled right on out of the 70's to wreak havoc. Oh wait...
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:14 pm

...The 70's? Surely you jest, for the Dark Judge's incredible taste in fashion could only come from the magnificence that were the 80's.

"You have my sincerest apologies, Miss Valentine. I did not mean to question the validity of your moral character." Her house, her rules. Although, to be technical, she was not in fact happy to see the ghoul. Why must you continue this charade, thinking that such niceties were bartering chips for half-truths and thinly-veiled disgust? The seamstress thought to appraise a Dark Judge's uniform and he found her disdainful stare amusing. "My particular display was not designed with subtly in mind," Judge Fear answered, already knowing this routine by heart. "But you are correct, Miss Valentine. I require duplicates for my work, as it is a most... sullying profession." All those bloodstains were not easy to wash out, you know. And has he ever... considered altering his style?

Let Judge Fear think about that for - oh wait, no. Yellowed toenails, lengthy and sharp, curled as the bones in the Dark Judge's spreading rotten toes could be heard snapping. The ghoul shook that empty helm of his and whimsically replied, "Shoes? Why, whatever for? I get around just fine on a pair of fresh soles." There was a hidden meaning in there, but he'll let Miss Valentine fiddle around with it if she so desired. "And the knee pads are standard regulation, specifically fitted for a Judge's duty. Is it wrong to protect one's joints, Miss Valentine? They are what separate us from simply falling into pieces."

And that was not very fun, mind. Just ask Judge Mortis when his vessel had been sliced into bits with a laser.

"I am flattered that you find my uniform worthy of critical inspection, but I did not travel all this way to have it modified," the ghoul continued evenly. Think of the Dark Judge's particular display as a memento from his point of origin, Deadworld. "I came here in person for spares, and I believe you are talented enough in fulfilling my humble request." But if she must know the truth...

With a mock sigh the ghoul at last became candid. "Naturally I would attempt at doing this task myself, but you see..." Judge Fear held up his gnarled fingers and gave them a playful twitch, fingernails just as horridly long and sharp as their pointed counterparts.

"They just don't make knuckle pads for the dearly departed." A Judge's pension and health benefits don't cover rigor mortis, who knew?
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:05 pm

He was lucky, or very unlucky. It wasn't going to be all that easy to tell, especially when dealing with a slightly irate and testy vampiress who already had a foul note about you. Tread carefully as this was indeed her house. "Accepted. But I would walk the line of caution. You do know what they say about thin ice, yes? You never know when it will crack and drop you in freezing waters." Her morals would brain you with a desk if it kept up. Patience was a virtue and she was not bound to practice such things if her temper was prodded and poked too much. A twitching of the lips was her only response to purposefully dressing in such a manner."I would have highly considered rethinking your original tailor's intent. Subtlety is truly an art worth partaking in." Such ostentatious displays did find favor in this establishment. Nor to did the implication of making more of these...uniforms for the not so good Judge's work. She knew, or had a very fair idea of what that would entail.

Why no shoes? Surely a Judge of the Law would know that reason by unbeating heart! Adjusting her apron idly, she simply rose a brow and gave an even stare. "Being without shirt or shoes or proper articles of clothing is considered a crime most foul. But surely you have already heard of 'No shirt, no shoes, no service. Correct?" Aya Valentine did not want to fiddle around with the idea of his feet, or any other part of that stinking, rotting corpse of his. "You are inquiring to the wrong person, asking a question when you may already know the answer may not suit you all that well." Because the answer was yes, with knee-pads that big, it was completely wrong to protect them. Aya would have normally set the record quite straight about why she was critical and criticizing but with a person such as Fear, one had to give good thought on what exactly to say.

"I am a seamstress, I crave to make beautiful works to make my customers feel delighted with themselves. I always give every piece of clothing to cross my path in this store, my wholehearted critique on what could be vastly improved."    If only the winds of change had been blowing on Fear, he could've at least looked a little sharper in something pinstripe. Or maybe something to make him look a little less bone thin. Sadly, this was not so.  Getting full view of his otherwise stiff and unkempt hands, the statement of manicures not being standard issue either were withheld. "Before I accept, I have a few...questions. Firstly, can you provide the appropriate funds. Secondly, what is your 'uniform' made from? Lastly, do you happen to have measurements already on hand." The draculina was sincerely hopping the ghoul already knew his measurements, getting up close and personal to take them would literally be hell.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:46 am

It wasn't the first time Judge Fear had dealt with an irate and testy woman; a vampiress, however, was new. There was no blood running in these lifeless veins to satisfy such a thirsty creature, which left the Dark Judge nothing more than a paltry snack. "But Miss Valentine, hypothermia is a condition only the living need concern over. Falling into freezing waters would be nothing more than a hindrance, and I intend to simply watch where I am walking." After all, the ghoul was thus far considering himself to be quite courteous despite the seamstress' icy disposition. Oops, who let that pun slip through? "Rarely is fear a subtle, tasteful concept. It is oftentimes horrific and unbecoming to behold. In this, my uniform serves my needs perfectly." It may not be terrifying to Miss Valentine, certainly; but to others, perhaps.

"Correct, although you must also agree, Miss Valentine, that there are no shoes in all of existence that will cover these feet adequately." See these toenails? See the size of his feet alone? Judge Fear kept his chuckling within his mind and went on to further add in an amused manner, "A crime, yes. But the lack of footwear does not prevent me from fulfilling my profession." And he did not feel anything beneath them, either. In fact, the ghoul didn't feel anything.

Ah, but it seemed Miss Valentine had enough of his revolting person and was at last getting down to business. Excellent, excellent... "And is not beauty in the eye of the beholder?" he inquired, contributing to this otherwise wonderful conversation. Naturally the Dark Judge's uniform was in no way meant to be pleasing to sinful eyes, but it was his issued uniform and he will wear it until the bitter end. The ghoul felt no reason to improve his attire as there was simply no need; nothing about it ever got in the way of his profession before, so why bother now? "Yes, I have the necessary credits to fund this transaction. If not, I can always acquire more." Because the ghoul was an honest working lad, see. As for the material? Now that was going to be a little... difficult, mainly for one problem and one problem only.

What was the sense of touch to a corpse that had no neural activity whatsoever?

"..." For a few awkward seconds the Dark Judge gazed down upon Miss Valentine as if she had asked something in a foreign language. What was his...? Rotten hands lightly patted his abdomen and chest, but Judge Fear could ultimately not tell. Not anymore and not like this, so he did the next best thing.

Rrrrrip! The ghoul tore off a tattered bit of uniform and provided it to Miss Valentine with a clear lack of hesitation. "Unfortunately my condition inhibits me from, ah, answering your question. Here is a sample, however. Use your skilled hands and make of that what you will," he hissed. The texture could either be one of leather or synthetic fibers, but only Miss Valentine would be able to know. Thankfully he could be of more assistance regarding her third inquiry, whereby the Dark Judge reached behind his back for a specific pouch upon his utility belt. Mantrap chains rattled and one of the shrunken heads blinked as Judge Fear withdrew exactly what the seamstress had asked for. "Here you are, the measurements for my current vessel. They may be subject to change should I lose this one," the undead fiend advised.

Like his penmanship? It was fairly neat and orderly for a ghoul with obscenely long fingernails, wasn't it?
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:17 pm

Oh don't be rash, a vampire never partook in something that they had no idea where it had been mucking about, and Aya would say with much pride she was quit the snob when it came to blood. Judge Fear would hardly have the proper type. "I mean the ice to be my patience, Judge Fear." Here was to hoping he did watch where he was stepping, for if her disposition was icy, then he ought see the future for it was cold. Very, very cold. Fear was Fear, tasteful and a welcoming sight it was note, but that hardly meant a thing to Miss Valentine, as to put it frankly; she was judging intensely and with good reason. "But what of your uniform invokes that dread?  I would be keen on saying your height may cause uneasiness first" From personal experience as she was not wholly enjoying being towered over.

Aya should have also known he would've turned that on around to suit him, of course, it was only natural. "Custom ordering has done wonders, so I've heard. While it does not hinder, you are breaking a law as a being of law, whatever law that may be." Why oh why, did he have to find amusement in her? The better question would actually be why did such strange creatures find fascination with her? Somethings would just never be known. "It is arguable." No sir, she was not breaking in more cans of worms to sift through, there wasn't enough time in the day for that or the night for that matter. At least he had proper monetary means, and how he gained then would not be under inquiry as she did have a child to feed.

Watching him intently, the pregnant pause taken in stride as these things just happened, though seeing the ghoul quiet for a moment in her presence was certainly a rarity. Frowning as he ripped her a sample, she accepted the sample but rather than stow it away immediately in her apron it was rubbed between her thumb and index finger. Interesting...she supposed. The evaluation of the fabric done, it was carefully stuffed into a  pocket. "Yes, of course." And lo and behold, X was truly on someone's side today as Judge Fear did in fact have his measurements...or his body's measurements? Once again, not asking. Accepting the paper, Aya glanced the note over and nodded adding it to the pocket containing the scrap. "Duly noted. Your order will be done as soon as possible, you may check back within a week and a half. Bringing payment would be advised then." Ah, such neat writing, how did he do it, we just don't know. Though penmanship was an admirable trait to have when longhand was becoming obsolete. "Before I forget, the amount due will be 3,000.PB credits exactly. I hope this is sufficient." If not, then that was tough luck of the draw.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:39 pm

A vampire never? Oh, there were plenty of vampires from the Dark Judge's travels that would like a word with you, Miss Valentine. "Of course," he replied evenly, a vague note of enjoyment in the ghoul's otherworldly voice. And what sort of dread, was it? An interesting play on words... "My height is certainly a factor, yes. However, I would have to say that my weapons are more terrifying than my actual uniform. Apart from them, my helm. You have nothing to fear of either." Miss Valentine was a wonderfully dead person and the Dark Judge had no immediate business in ending her unlife. Well, so long as she continued in a just fashion and didn't aid the living in such a way that it could be considered criminal. And again with the shoes!

"You simply will not let it rest." What was it about the ghoul's wretched feet that fascinated the seamstress so? "Breaking the law and yet you, yourself, cannot state the corresponding penal code. Sounds legitimate," replied an incredulous Judge Fear. Tut tut, he had to wag a disapproving finger. "That is poor form, Miss Valentine." What good was a champion of justice if they could not recite the numerous laws in one's faithful handbook?

Admittedly, she was correct in that it was considered bad manners to walk into any self-respecting establishment without the proper attire. He could see her reasoning on the subject but only to there, for how did one find a pair of shoes that could cover such monstrous feet?

Oh but wait, treading on dat thin ice tho.

Waaaaaa - wrote:Watching him intently, the pregnant pause taken in stride as these things just happened, though seeing the ghoul quiet for a moment in her presence was certainly a rarity.

- aaaaaat? wrote:...the pregnant pause...

Alright, moving on.

"A week and a half is satisfactory." And 3,000.00 PBD? Once again Judge Fear reached for a specific pocket, bony fingers pulling out droves and droves of thick, plastic credit chips. Let's see... Yellowed fingernails were heard audibly clacking away as the Dark Judge mentally counted out the exact total required. Hey, an honest Judge of the law needed every chip he could get when they operated in a sinful world as this. "You drive a hard bargain but here," the ghoul remarked, handing Miss Valentine the payment in full. "3,000.00 PBD, just as you've asked. I'll be back in eleven days." And you can except him to be punctual, too.

Business concluded and nothing else left to discuss, the Dark Judge politely tipped his helm, as a gentleman was wont to do, and quietly shambled away. There were many sinners who needed a righteous purging and the ghoul was still operating on eternity's clock.

Finished. There is no reason to continue.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:13 pm