Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Re: I Did the Thing!

Post by K.A.R.R. on Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:55 am

Anxiety? As far as KARR knew he had not the ability to feel anxiety, but he certainly could remember the outcome of allowing one to fiddle with his processor. Deactivation, sitting in the dark, deaf blind and dumb to the world. Sitting in the dark for over a year with nothing but questions and no answers. "I am unsure how that would be enjoyable." KARR replied. "I am unable to move or use the most basic is senses when removed." The AI would not be able to even speak when taken out of the Trans-Am. "I would be reduced to nothing more than a box small enough to fit in one's hand." He went on, hoping his explanation would deter Judge Fear from such a ludicrous idea. A circumstance that was nothing but liberating. Debilitating and vulnerable yes. Hardly anything that would be useful to the ghoul's goal.

His body was versatile enough! Had the ghoul seen another vehicle like himself around that could turn on a dime so effortlessly, race at speeds that made the Indy 500 look like a go-kart course? Yes, KARR could not exactly fit inside buildings but once he was at full capability, who knew what he could be capable of, aside from the AI himself of course. However, he listened on, watching carefully as the undead Judge walked up to his nose and stood. The vehicle stayed put , mainly out of the knowledge that Judge Fear did not possess the strength to pry open his shell. At his next statement, KARR could do nothing but concede. The logic simply proved too accurate to deny. "You are correct, Judge Fear." He relinquished, unlocking the doors as he settled.

He did do good work, and he did aid the ghoul well. To betray KARR was rather foolish given their history and agreement to work together. As for a more accessible body... The AI remained silent as Judge Fear went on, offering what could bridge the gap between him being able to operate in only large environments and the ability to aid the ghoul in more confined settings. Certainly the car was able to jump through a building and resourceful enough to manage the manipulation of his environment without the use of hands. But to do so at his own whim with his own body, without the aid of others... "It sounds like a promising offer, but what of my current body?" He asked evenly. "I doubt that this new vessel may be able to house as many of the abilities and armor as this one has. And what of the transfer process?" While Judge Fear could easily float into a new body, KARR's CPU was not so versatile or independent.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:13 am

"Perhaps I need to further elaborate," the Dark Judge offered. Of course he would not remove K.A.R.R.'s conscious just to have the intelligent AI rendered useless. What use would that be? "This box, the entirety of yourself, could be placed into a body that has all of your criteria and more." Had the AI ever wondered what it would be like to grip things? Or perhaps to tread over the earth step-by-step, as opposed to crushing everything beneath his wheels? It would appear that K.A.R.R. had been made to see the ghoul's reasoning, however, for the vehicle soon agreed that Judge Fear's logic was sound. Good, very good. The initial resistance had been put to rest, at least for the time being.

What of the automobile's current body? The undead fiend shrugged and said, "We keep it stored in a safe place, like the barn. There is no reason to be rid of it." And switching between K.A.R.R.'s original body and his fictional new one would offer a wide range of options for them both. In regards to current specs and armour, however... "Everything will have to be created from scratch," Judge Fear stated. This was to be expected.

But how to go about this intricate construction?

He gave this quandary yet more thought and could only arrive at two conclusions. "A knowledgeable person skilled in the ways of machines and circuitry would have to be employed; someone that can be trusted with such sensitive matters and instruments. If that is not suitable, however, you may think it wiser to guide my hand as I manufacture such a vessel for you." Let it be known that Judge Fear was not an ignorant, backwards man. He was quite smart, clever in his own unique ways, and had graduated at the top of his academy with honours. If there was a chance the ghoul could fashion a body tailored to K.A.R.R.'s strict requirements and needs, Judge Fear would most assuredly get it done. "This is but an idea, however. We need not go through with this concept if it does not please you. I merely offered it in terms of its uses in the future, as we have seen today that you missed out on a wondrous opportunity to dispense justice due to your physical limitations."

In a twisted way this could be seen as the Dark Judge caring for the vehicle, although it could also be said that he simply wanted a more effective partner; and one that could spread righteousness through the world no matter what the terrain was. Either way, the proposition will remain open.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 53

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:59 am

Ah, now that made more sense. A body that could do more than his current one did sound rather appealing. Walk and running instead of driving did sound rather strange though when the AI thought about it. His speed would drop considerably in the wake of this new maneuverability. but to be able to go into a building without needing to scan or crash in through a wall. He would be able to assist without leveling the structure smashing himself in. "I can see where this new form would be useful." He replied, fully accepting of this proposal at last.

Hiding his current body in the barn sounded all well and good, given that none of their enemies managed to find the farm and break the locks. Then again, if anyone did manage to find this farm, he would not be surprised if they abandoned this place and moved on to another farm, or perhaps another area of this world entirely. Creating everything from scratch would not be so difficult, after all the AI himself was entirely unique in being one of a kind. "I have enough knowledge to arrange a list of requirements for its capabilities. The rest will require the aid of a skilled manufacturer, as I only have knowledge of this body in terms of programming and parts." He stated evenly. Sadly, this could not be a home-made effort. "So far as I can recall, the Chop-Shop is the only place that could aid us in this endeavor. Unless you know of an acquaintance who could aid us with greater skill." The ghoul did seem to get around more than usual, with his frequent trips to the city for the sake of this Sanctuary.

However, there was something that the AI wished to propose to the ghoul as well. "I have noticed that being able to locate you is a challenge at best, and communication over long distance is impossible unless a phone is nearby. The inferior copy and its driver had this device that would wrap around the wrist. Upon scanning I noticed it acted as a communication device, along with a homing beacon and a means of increasing the distance of KITT's abilities." He explained. "I have scanned it thoroughly enough to make a replica in terms of it's hardware. If you would be interested in wearing it." If Judge Fear could offer something to aid the vehicle in being more versatile in his uses, KARR could offer a device that could keep them in contact while the ghoul was away.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:29 am

They were no doubt weird concepts to an entity that had primarily relied on wheels and steady planes, but the AI should have no troubles adapting in the long term. Sadly, it would seem that Judge Fear could not tinker enough to K.A.R.R.'s liking. A bit disappointing, but it was probably inevitable. "No, I do not know another sinner who is as capable as the technician and her purple lummox," the Dark Judge responded, sounding just a pinch bitter. It was not directed to his ally but to the horned creature who had so rudely assaulted his just person. "We will have to allot a decent amount of currency in order to commission them, however. I am uncertain of how exorbitant this price may be, so it is best to begin accruing funds now." Nevertheless, it was good to hear that K.A.R.R. thought well of this idea. Who knows? Maybe the vehicle will even -

Uh-Oh wrote:"I have noticed that being able to locate you is a challenge at best, and communication over long distance is impossible unless a phone is nearby."

For some reason the Dark Judge did not like where this was going, and for a very good reason.

"You are suggesting that I wear an additional accessory...?" the ghoul hesitantly spoke up. A watch from the sounds of it, too. He didn't really know how to feel about that, at times glancing down at his wrists and overturning them for inspection, but... "I am not so keen on having my uniform altered, yet I see the validity of your statements. If wearing this communicator will offer further aid to your goal, then I do not object." Just... don't make it too obscene, now. Judge Fear was rather fond of his attire as it was.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:20 am

Alas it appeared that the Head Mechanic and the Technician would be the ones they turn to for creating the body. "Ms. Pistonne and Zurg are great workers. Perhaps if you had not been so cocky after your bar run you would not have gotten into that mess with the Technician." KARR replied. However, he was right in that this body would cost them greatly. A large sum would need to be acquired for them to be able to afford it. "We could pinpoint a rather wealthy sinner. All that greed couldn't possibly be healthy for their already iniquitous lives." He offered. There had to be someone around here who was easy to find and get rid of with a nice lining to their pockets.

Oh and what was this? Apparently the Dark Judge had some reservations against wearing a small communicator of all things. "It is a small device, no bigger than a digital wristwatch. I would make sure it was colored black, to match your uniform, you would hardly notice the difference." KARR assured him. "Not only would it aid us, but consider the usefulness of having my lock picking abilities and scanning functions available right on your person. All you would need to do is ask. You could even call me to come and aid you if I am off where your voice would not carry." Ignition sensors without needing the AI to be there in person, Pilot override at a single voice request. It could make solo infiltration of a base far easier than it would with only the ghoul's abilities alone.

"Consider it a means of thanks for your aid and loyalty." KARR stated evenly. Think about it, if the AI did not enjoy your presence, he may not have cared where the ghoul went or if he needed help when out of sensor range.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:04 am

Great workers... Peh! And what about the Dark Judge's bar run!? "Cease your smack-talk, because I worked hard to get the money necessary for your repairs," Judge Fear growled, pointing a none too pleased finger at his mouthy ally. So it hadn't been what the ghoul usually preferred when acquiring funds from iniquitous mortals... It had still worked all the same! Now, what's this about pinpointing a wealthy sinner?

The Dark Judge gave it some thought, even going through the motions of scratching his helm's "chin", and eventually had to say, "Or we could simply eliminate individuals for monetary reward. You know, engage in a temporary "hit man" business." It was technically purging, right?

Right! Also, he still didn't like the notion of wearing a watch... even a digital one.

"Yes, I suppose wearing such a device would be... beneficial," the ghoul begrudgingly agreed. But only for all of K.A.R.R.'s advanced capabilities and nothing else. What would Judge Fear need to tell time for? He wasn't reliant on the clock for anything, as time was meaningless in the grave. "If it could match my uniform and not distract me in my work, that would be great. Oh, and maybe something like... a bird skull, or something. Think that would be too garish?" he inquired. Considering the Dark Judge already had a bird skull motif going on for this uniform, he didn't really think his request all that outlandish. It probably wasn't Vogue enough for K.A.R.R., though.

What's this? wrote:"Consider it a means of thanks for your aid and loyalty."

Ooh, K.A.R.R.-senpai noticed me!

That was Judge Fear's cue to get out of the barn and see what the cultists were doing. Nothing useful, he opined. "Then it is settled," the ghoul hissed, already motioning to leave. "We will allot our resources and save for these necessary upgrades. For now I leave you, K.A.R.R., as I have a new corpse to tend. Reach out if you require my presence." Nothing else to discuss and no longer desiring to inhabit this useless vessel, the Dark Judge left K.A.R.R. to his own devices until the process was finished.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:12 am

Smack talk he says. "Oh yes, you certainly worked hard draining that entire bar." He retorted flatly. "I could make an accurate analysis of your blood alcohol levels from the smell alone." Would he like to know exactly how potent his levels were? Here is a hint, they were far above any survivable alcohol levels. Certainly it had been a means of getting a quick amount of credits, but at the expense of the Dark Judge's common sense? He nearly had his head cut off by that industrial band saw.

Common sense that the Dark Judge had apparently still not managed to regain. "Hit -Man business? Do you not remember the last time we worked as a hired hand for someone, that drive to Lochlann?" KARR certainly remembered that eventful visit, and the reassuring he had to give the ghoul afterwards. Did he not get swarmed by a flock of shadowy figures carousing as crows? And what about the apparitions that had fully taken him for a fool? Oh yes, working as a hired hand was the best business around. "You had also said that a mercenary work is base and unfitting of your worthy goals." He added.

Good at counting beans and recounting old memories, the AI was.

It appeared Judge Fear was starting to warm up to the idea of having a wrist communicator on his person. However, the ghoul would not let it lie without some aesthetic input. A bird skull motif, really? "If that is what suits you, it can be done. Although I am not sure how a bird skull would not be... distracting, during your work." He commented slowly. Having an animal's remains tied to his person would be incredibly distracting for the AI, that much he knew. For the ghoul however... The more he looked over the uniform, the more he began to understand that the skull may fit in more than he thought.

More than KARR's display of fondness, apparently. The moment the AI had expressed the communicator was a token of his appreciation, the ghoul promptly decided that their talk was settled and walked out. "Very well, don't destroy your new host too soon." He replied across the barn. Although how the AI was going to request the ghouls' presence whole he was in the basement was another conundrum entirely.