Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Avoiding Things

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:09 am

Sheik could definitely detect the subtle gleam in Nym's eyes before  she caught the smile that started to form as he pondered over the idea of joining her and some of her friends on a future adventure. She wasn't sure when such an excursion might happen, but considering just how much that seemed to intrigue him? It might definitely have to happen at some point.

"That's right. There are actual cows here," stated Sheik, nodding at the young Digimon's questions about the cows at the inn. "They're usually pretty quiet, but if you've got sharp hearing and you know where to listen, sometimes you can hear them. Maybe I could take you to meet them sometime… they're both really sweet."

As Nym voiced his uncertainty about there being any potential items from his own homeworld on the Breach, the disguised princess smiled softly at his question before noting, "I'm sure there are. This is a really big place and all sorts of things from our homeworlds end up here. You just might not have stumbled across anything yet, but between research and looking around, who knows? You might just find something someday."
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:18 pm

"Really? I'd love to see them!" Nym's tail wagged at the notion of being able to get close to a real cow, able to pat it and look at it and wonder how milk comes from it. As strange as it was, Nym liked animals despite being somewhat animalistic himself, and was always happy to meet new kinds. Some he found to be interesting to chase, some he wished to actually hunt, and others, he just wanted to a give them a soft pat on the head or a nice hug. Cows were the latter, of course. Far too large to hunt, not very fun to chase most likely, and they looked innocent enough. And they made a funny noise! What was not to love?

And at this point, you now understood that, yes, Kev was also a parent to Nym.

As for the hidden gems from his own world, though Sheik's words were encouraging and he nodded in reply with a smile, he didn't think he would find anything. He honestly wouldn't even know what to look for. He knew nothing about his real home... and although he'd really like to learn about it, and what exactly a 'Digimon' truly was, other than what little and basic things he knew...

This was his home. This was where he was born, would grow up, and, eventually, pass away, if possible. Nym's real home may have been a mystery to him, but he knew all he needed to know, and this home was just fine.

But now was time for an interesting question!

"Sheik, could I ask a question...?" he tilted his head, hoping what came next wasn't too difficult to answer. "Why are there two Links...?"

Now what?
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:39 am

Sheik grinned at Nym's added enthusiasm and ensuing tail wag, right before she noted, "Yes, really. I can take you down to the basement now if you like, or we can head down there later. It's completely up to you, and I'm sure they'd love to meet you too." The Lon Lon cows Elsie and Storm were a very laid-back duo, but they did seem to enjoy getting to meet nice, new people from time to time… and of course sharing their delicious milk with them.

Although Sheik knew even less about Nym's homeworld than he himself did, she could at the very least understand the idea that home was where the heart was. A part of her missed Hyrule every day, both its true timeline as well as the one that she had been pulled from before it had been saved from Ganon's evil. All the same though, whilst Hyrule was always in her heart and would always be her home, she knew very well that she had found a new home here. It had taken a little while to get used to, but the home that she and her family had made was something that she truly cherished.

At the young Digimon's first question, Sheik raised her eyebrows the slightest bit. "Of course you can, Nym." She wasn't quite sure what sort of question he had in mind, but as soon as he asked it, she could only smile happily. It might have seemed like a tricky question to many, and it had been a source of momentary confusion for the disguised princess herself back when she had first arrived here. Even so, it was not at all difficult to answer, and she was more than happy to.

"That's really easy, actually. You know how people get pulled to the Breach from all sorts of different worlds? People can also be pulled here from different times in those worlds." Sheik started her explanation, gesturing a little bit and hoping that it would be easy for Nym to follow. "Impa, the younger Link, and I are all from roughly the same general time of the Kingdom of Hyrule. Meanwhile, the older Link and Tetra are both from a time in the very distant future. Link and Link are both very similar, and not just in their looks, but even so, they're not related. They're two completely different boys, but they just happen to be connected across time."

Hopefully, that was a simple answer for a seemingly complicated question. As for the fact that the Hero of Time and Hero of Winds both shared the same spirit despite being two completely separate people, Sheik felt that that was best saved for another day. "Does that make sense?"
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:21 pm

"Oh, well, maybe some other time!" Nym answered in response to seeing the cows. It'd be nice, but... not right now. He was still not really in the mood to move around too much through the building. But as for his other question, Sheik was kind enough to explain why there were two Links, and, despite what he thought at first, it was actually pretty simple to explain and understand. It made sense they would be able to take people not only from different worlds, but times, as well. So, from what he understood, Impa, himself and Link were from a time in the past, and the Link with the brighter hair and clothing, along with... Tetra... were from a future. Nym did not know who Tetra was, but apparently, there were more people from Sheik's world than he knew of!

Aicara, if he recalled, also had a faint scent of mostly Impa on her. The way she looked, perhaps she was also from their world... but he wondered what time. Time was a strange strange thing... "That explains a lot, and you did it in a simple way, too. Thanks, Sheik! I was worried it'd be a really difficult question. But... it also makes sense for a lot of things, too."

Then Nym went quiet again. He wasn't sure where his mind wanted to go, but it certainly wasn't keeping focused on his current surroundings and friend. "I hate it when your mind keeps making you think, even when you just want to stop for a minute." The Digimon rubbed his head, placing pressure on his forehead as if trying to remove a headache. He went quiet again, for a little longer this time, until he removed his hand. "Where else do you have to go check after this place?" he suddenly asked Sheik, in regards to his rounds about the inn.

//Sorry for the long wait. I'll try not to let that happen again!//
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Mon May 05, 2014 9:32 pm

"All right then. You just let me know whenever you'd like to see them, and I'll be sure to take you," stated Sheik, nodding to Nym. She had a feeling that he might want to see the two cows later, but she still felt that it was good to offer that first visit to him. It was rather comfortable out on the roof after all… no matter what was going on in his head at the moment, she could certainly understand not wanting to move from here just yet.

As the disguised princess described both different points in time as well as how there were two Links on the Breach, she was glad to see that her explanation clicked for the young Digimon. She smiled at his thanks before nodding firmly to him, noting, "You're welcome, Nym. I'm glad I was able to help out with that and that it made sense! Time can be pretty tricky, but I've gotten used to how it can act, so I guess that's helped out whenever I've had to explain anything like that." The question was one those that appeared to be hard at first, but the answer to it was actually rather simple… and considering some of the complexities of the Breach, it was almost deceptively so.

Sheik smiled sympathetically as Nym noted that his mind was more or less running away from him… having experienced that sensation far more times than she could remember, she certainly knew how that could be. "Ah, yeah… that's usually not too fun. My mind doesn't always like to stop either." She didn't say anything else on the matter just yet, instead opting to let a beat of silence help the Digimon catch up to his thoughts, and once he arrived at his next question, Sheik hoped that his asking it would help him sort through whatever was going on around his racing thoughts.

"After I check the roof, I might go check the fourth floor next since it's right below here," noted Sheik, moving to fold her arms. Even with the shrouded cameras and security wards, whenever she and/or Impa patrolled the inn, there was not a set pattern to it so as not to let that become a weakness in the already strong safety measures they had in place here. "My schedule is pretty flexible though, so I'll have checked most of the inn after a while."
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Fri May 09, 2014 10:59 pm

"You're going to the fourth floor?" he questioned, more so repeating in confirmation that he understood Sheik's words. Fourth floor... that's where he lived. Aya... he still needed to talk to her. He had been avoiding this for way too long. But something in his gut told him it still wasn't the right time. Sheik's words were true and he spoke so sincerely, but Nym... he cowered behind the thought of rejection and sadness. He shouldn't do that. If he wanted to get stronger, he didn't just have to train his body, he also had to train his mind. He may not be as brave as Sheik was right now when it came to talking things out, but soon, he would be. Just... not today. It didn't feel right.

Nym sat up and once he was off the floor, he dusted himself off of the grass bits and made sure none were attached to his fur as he decided to go with Sheik as he patrolled, but only to the fourth floor. "I'll come with you, I'm a little hungry and... Mr. Soot probably wants something to eat, too," the Digimon explained. Had Mr. Soot eaten yet? That cat wasn't easy to read like other cats for some reason... maybe it was his dark fur, shadowing over the small amount of emotions cats could portray in their face. Whatever it was, Nym still needed to see if the cat was hungry. The gurgling of his own stomach helped Nym realize just how hungry he himself was.

"Erm, pardon me," Nym mumbled, patting his stomach.
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Mon May 12, 2014 4:37 am

"I am, yes," confirmed Sheik, nodding at Nym's question. It was a good place to head because regardless of its proximity to her current location, it also happened to be the floor that both the young Digimon and disguised princess lived on. That made it both comfortable and familiar. Whilst Sheik still had a feeling that Nym had quite a bit on his mind, she did hope that she had been able to provide a welcome distraction for him. Whether he decided to discuss anything that was racing through his head with her or not, either now or later, she was not about to pry. Sometimes, simply having a friendly presence nearby could do wonders, and if she could instill just a little bit of her own confidence in him, then she would be very glad.

Sheik watched as Nym hopped up and dusted some of the grass that had stuck to him, right before smiling even more at his note that he would come with her at least as far as the next floor went. Nodding a bit more strongly this time, the disguised princess stated, "All right then. I'm sure a snack would be good, and that Mr. Soot would appreciate something as well."

With that and an understanding shake of her head at Nym's grumbling stomach, the two were off towards the stairs. As Sheik moved to open the door for her young companion, she noted, "Come to think of it, I might get a snack myself. Also, you and I will have to be sure to get some cookies together sometime."
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Wed May 14, 2014 3:48 am

After this chat, Nym felt a little better. After all the people who told him to talk things out with Aya tried their best to make him feel better, it was nice to just talk to someone without bringing up the story. He knew what he had to do. He would do it in his own time. But for now, the sour feelings he had felt were gone, though the feeling of hunger was apparent as his stomach made strange noises. "Thanks," he stated as they began to move, "I've been feeling kind of crummy for a while about something, but I think not talking about it and feeling a little less stressed over it made me feel... better."

It wasn't something he still wanted to talk about, and he was sure Sheik probably knew this, perhaps why he decided to not bring it up and ask directly. That was really nice of them to not ask... especially since he had just been getting the same advice over and over again. A different view was always nice. And as Sheik opened the door, Nym nodded and thanked him as he began his descent downstairs. "It was nice to hang out with you. We should really do it again sometime. Or go on one of those field adventures. I'd like that a lot!" The Digimon rubbed the back of his head. "I think I'm going to head to my room to eat and feed Mr. Soot. A nap would also be nice..." Nym stated as he held out a hand to shake Sheik's own hand. A hug would be nice, but it would be rather awkward, so a handshake seemed more appropriate.

"If there's anything you need or anything I can do for you, I'd be glad to help!" With that, Nym kept going down the hall to his room until he was there, where he entered and would soon feast on something, and then most likely lay down and nap.

//Thank you for the wonderful thread! If Sheik would like to respond once more, you can! :3//
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Thu May 15, 2014 6:17 am

"Of course," said Sheik, nodding to Nym as they continued forward. At his admission that he had in fact not been feeling his best, she gave him a sympathetic glance, although she could certainly understand how taking the time to sort some things out on his own without rushing them had proven beneficial. "I'm sorry you've not felt well, but I'm really glad you're starting to feel better now. It's important to handle things that are bothering us, but to take care of them, sometimes we have to take care of ourselves first."

The disguised princess had learned that lesson on more than one occasion, both back in Hyrule as well as here, and she hoped that that same one would prove helpful for the young Digimon. She could tell that whatever was going on in his mind was not something that he wanted to confront head on just yet, and that was the main reason why she did not try to coax it out of him. Save that, even with as curious as she could be, it was simply not in her nature to pry. If Nym ever wanted to talk to her about it or anything else, she would readily listen, but she was not about to bring anything up unless if she absolutely needed to.

With another nod to Nym at his thanks, Sheik smile brightly at his next statement. "It was nice to hang out with you too, and I'd like that. We'll be sure to soon! Also, I promise to let you know when we're going on one of our next adventures. It'll definitely be a lot of fun." As the Digimon confirmed that he was headed back to his room for now, Sheik glanced down the hall towards said room before looking back to him. He did seem rather tired, and she sincerely hoped that he'd be able to get some good rest soon. "That sounds like a good idea. Enjoy your snack and rest well, Nym."

Moving to take Nym's offered hand and give it a firm shake, Sheik grinned once more at his parting words. Nodding, she noted, "I appreciate it, and I'll be sure to let you know. See you later!" At that, the disguised princess resumed her own patrol, making certain that her young friend made it into his room without incident before she herself turned on her heel and continued down the opposite hallway.

((Thank you as well! It was a blast! There's one last response for you, and I look forward to our next thread!))

Current date/time is Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:40 am