460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Avoiding Things

Post by Nym on Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:45 am

TIME: 14:33
    DATE: March 25th, Year 4

Crunch, crunch...

The top of the inn was a really nice area--it had a lovely garden and such a nice scent that filled his snout and made him feel happy... so... why did he feel terrible?

The pack of cookies he ate were by no means helping, even if they tasted good. He ears were down and his tail was low, not even wagging as he ate the sugary treat and looked at squirrels come and go on the roof. Not even a single bark or urge to chase them, really. He just felt miserable. Maybe it was because he hadn't spoken to Aya yet. After his show of disrespect and defiance, he wanted to talk to her and set things right, but so far, he was mostly avoiding her. Avoiding her and escaping the inn whenever she would be coming home, and come back when she wasn't. He felt terrible to avoid her like that, and he really wanted to say he was sorry...

But he just felt scared and miserable. He didn't want to face her and hear what she was going to say, he knew what she would say. He knew what she would do. Kev talked to him, trying to motivate him, but it didn't do much... But he knew it would happen eventually. He would talk to her... it just didn't seem likely anytime soon.

Crunch, crunch... each bite tasted more bitter than the next, and eventually, he just set the bag of cookies aside and stared at the ground. Instead, he flattened himself across the grass and started to roll around, hoping the feel of it would make him feel a little happier. It always did, the earth and dirt always made him feel good! It smelled nice, it felt nice... and it helped a little. Nym gave a small smile at the action and wriggled happily, making grunting noises.

Siiigh...
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Avoiding Things

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:45 pm

The roof of the Stock Pot Inn was indeed a very nice area, one that the Hyruleans found themselves frequent visitors to regardless of any of their own work-related tasks up here. The combination of the fresh air, the well-kept rooftop garden, the familiar bell, and general layout just made it a very relaxing place to be, and a certain disguised princess was glad that around her own security duties today, one of her afternoon checks was to be up here.

After making sure to take one of the cookies from the afternoon batch that Rosa had set out for Link, Link, Tetra, and herself, Sheik found herself headed up towards the roof itself to make sure that everything was in order there, and of course to enjoy a little of the early spring day outside. Most of what went on up here was able to be caught from the shrouded cameras that were in place, but it was always good to inspect things in person from time to time.

As soon as Sheik emerged onto the roof, her ears perked up the slightest bit as she heard something that sounded like someone over near the main garden area. Blinking a bit in curiosity, the disguised princess moved over towards the direction of the sound, and in short order, she found none other than Nym rolling around in one of the patches of grass here. Smiling a bit at the way that he seemed to be enjoying himself there, especially given the couple of grunts he emitted, she couldn't help but narrow her red gaze a little as she felt something else. The Digimon was smiling slightly and moving about happily, but even with that action, it almost seemed as though there was more going on here than met the eye. Whether there was or not, hopefully he wouldn't mind some company for a little while.

"Hey Nym," greeted Sheik, nodding to the young Digimon as she approached him. "Are you having fun in the garden?"
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:02 am

Grunt, grunt...

Grass was so comfy and nice, it was hard to stay upset when laying in it! It was like the blanket of the world. Or more like the soft shaggy carpet! The snow would be the blanket, right? That's why they call it a 'blanket' of snow... Oi, his mind was wandering. Anything to not let his mind go back to thinking what he thought before.

But he was interrupted, and his thoughts entirely was broken as he got up a bit and looked over, smelling someone slightly familiar, but a little unsure. The voice he had heard before, in passing through the inn itself, but he looked and saw someone dressed in an outfit that covered most of their body. They knew his name, and it took him a moment to try and recall theirs. Their scent was familiar with Link and Impa, and he knew her name was there... Sh...

"Mm! I remember, you're Sheik. Sorry, I... it's been a while since I ever really spoke to you. But you smell like Impa and Link!" he said happily, sitting up in the grass as his tail wagged softly. "I am, it's really nice up here, and really quiet... let's me think a lot." On that note, he heard some birds chirp close by, which he glanced over, but still, his drive to chase was not there. "Mm..." Birds... so noisy.

He looked back over to Sheik with a small smile before asking, "what are you doing up here? Are you looking for something? I can help find it if you are! I'm very good at finding things."
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:29 pm

Unable to suppress a slight grin at Nym's note that she smelled like Impa and Link, Sheik shook her head a bit, stating, "That's all right. I know it's been a while since we talked. It is good to see you again, though." Admittedly, the young Digimon had been a little more difficult to find lately as half the time, he had seemed to disappear during the evenings, and the times when he was back in the inn she herself was usually busy with work and the like. Timing seemed to work out for both of them today though, especially since they were both happy to be able to get out on the roof.

Nodding as Nym stated that the roof was not only nice but quiet so that he was able to think better, Sheik could not help but recall some of the times she herself had wound up here to do the exact same thing. "Yeah, it's a good place for that… even though we're in the city, I like how quiet it is up here." Her own room was a great place to think, but sometimes, it was tough to beat the fresh air of the roof.

At Nym's question, Sheik returned his smile before noting, "No, I'm not looking for anything. I was just checking the roof to see that everything was in order here. We usually have a good idea of what's going on up here, but it never hurts to look over things in person." Pausing for a moment, she asked, "How about you? I hope you weren't thinking too hard around enjoying the garden."
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:29 am

Nym often went elsewhere during the times that Aya would come home. He needed to speak with her, and apologize, but a fear kept him from doing so. During the day, he would lock himself in the room, and at night... well, he would either come up here and sleep, or find some place in the inn that wasn't locked, like a closet, and bunker down. Yes, he was going through great lengths to avoid Aya. Such fear... for no reason.

Well, perhaps for no good reason.

Nym shook his head a little as Sheik explained what he was doing. Checking the place out? So, they were part of the staff, too? He didn't know that! It seemed all the people that smelled like he and Link were part of it. Maybe there was a theme going on, he didn't know. Nym would have to ask! But before he would, Sheik asked a question, and he would certainly answer... though perhaps not entirely true, "I was up here trying to think... of what to do to get stronger. I can feel I'm almost ready to grow again! I'm a little excited."

Not a complete lie, but not the truth, either. Nym rubbed the back of his head before quickly changing the subject after Sheik responded or not, "I didn't know you worked here. I thought it was just Link or Impa! But I know there are two Links... Do you do a lot of work?" Might as well get something else in the subject light! He wasn't sure if now was a good time to pity himself, and he certainly didn't want to in front of someone as nice as Sheik--he wanted to get to know them better before doing that!
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:14 am

The young Digimon's recent habit of relocating himself in various areas of the inn had not gone unnoticed by the staff, but he had not caused any trouble, so it had not got to the point of them needing to talk with him about it. More than anything, it was really a reason for them to keep an extra eye out for him just in case, but even with whatever had been going on for him, the disguised princess was at least relieved to see that he was doing well enough up here.

Nym's answer might not have been entirely true, but Sheik could definitely tell that the truth of it applied for what he said, and in another sense, also for what else he was feeling. She nodded to him, smiling a bit as she noted, "Ah, I can see why you'd be excited! Does it feel any different than it did the last time?"

At Nym's statement about her working here, Sheik just chuckled a bit. "I do work here, yes… I helped out a lot with some things before I got an official job, but I've been the Security Assistant for about one and a half years now. Link, Link, Impa, and I are all part of the main staff." Pausing for moment as she moved to gesture along with her explanation, she added, "Link mostly works with the older Link as the Assistant Innkeeper, and I mainly help Impa. But yes, I do a lot of work. It can be busy, but I really enjoy it, especially seeing how what all four of us do comes together."
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:38 pm

Hm... Different than last time?
    A paw was placed to his fluff as he thought about it for a moment! Nym didn't feel too different. A little more powerful, but otherwise, not too different. He probably wasn't close to being as ready as he wanted to be, but it was still there. "A little. I can feel it, but it will probably take a while. I think I'll feel it more and more when I'm closer." He still hoped he would turn into a dragon or something with wings. That would be really awesome. Wings...

But he listened as Sheik explained what was going on with them working here, and tilted his head. Every time they mentioned Link and Link, Nym kind of just gave a strange look. It sounded strange, he knew what Sheik was talking about, there being two Links, but it always made him wonder... Why? His ears perked up a moment as Sheik finished, and he let the words sink in a moment. It must be hard to make sure a large place like this stays in good condition. "You seem young to be working hard. Do you have time to ever just... play?" Run around, go to the park, chase some geese, stuff like that?

Hm, no wait, children don't chase geese...
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:57 pm

Sheik nodded as Nym explained that his sensation before growing felt a little different than the last time. "That makes perfect sense. It might take a while, but that just means you'll be all the more ready then. I'm sure that no matter how you might change next, you'll have a great form." She might have only had a base understanding of how digivolving worked, but after seeing his change from his previous form to his current one, she was admittedly rather curious as to what he might wind up as next. No matter what though, she was sure that even as he grew up inside and out, he'd still be the sweet Nym that everyone knew.

Smiling a bit as Nym noted that she seemed young to work as much as she did, Sheik couldn't help but laugh a bit at his subsequent question. "Of course I do! I might work hard here, but the work is spaced out so that it's usually not too intense, and it's fun since it's with my friends. Even then, I get plenty of time off between the evenings, breaks in the day, and days off to play and enjoy myself."

It helped that the inn had a more flexible schedule of course, but whether it was during the workday or around it, all four of the Hylian kids always had plenty of chances to just have fun being kids.
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:53 am

Nym tilted his head as Sheik explained, but he still wondered what he actually did when he wasn't working or helping. Nym had never seen them in the Sanctuary, but then he had never seen any of the other Hylians there, except Impa once or twice. Even as secluded as Aya seemed, she visited every so often... "Are you shy, or not like crowds? Is that why I don't really see you in the Sanctuary or around the city? I kind of wander around a lot, and I don't ever really see you, or Link... or the other Link... or Impa much around." With a tilt of the head and his ear perking up, he realized that, perhaps, his question may seem a little intrusive. He had been taught that he shouldn't really be a nosy person, and at this, he reacted.

"Er... well, I mean if you want to tell me! I don't want to force you! It's your business... I was just wondering. If you prefer to be secluded, that's fine! I like to be alone, too, like up here or walking in the grasslands... it helps get away from the noise!" A small hint of red appeared as he rubbed the back of his head in an awkward manner. Being nosy was one of the worst things, and though his nose was quite strong and useful, he'd rather keep it out of people's business.
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:00 pm

Sheik couldn't help but raise her eyebrows ever so slightly at Nym's question. She knew that she was not always in the Sanctuary, but that by no means meant that she wasn't around. She did tend to spend most of her time between the inn and the rest of the city, or out in the forest or grasslands, but even though she typically hung out with her Hyrulean family here, she and the others still made a point to get out and about. "I'm not shy, no. I don't always want to be in crowds, but I don't exactly dislike them. Link, Link, Tetra, Impa, and do go off on adventures quite a bit ourselves actually, in groups or on our own, so any of us probably just happen to miss you between your wandering and ours. Even with the inn, it is a big city, after all."

The disguised princess saw the Digimon's question as one that was more out of youthful curiosity instead of nosiness really, but she did hope that her answer made sense to him. Still, she did appreciate his words once he noted that he was really just wondering. With a reassuring smile, she stated, "It's all right, Nym! I wouldn't say that any of us are secluded, really, nor do we prefer to be anything like that. In the end, I guess sometimes the timing of running into you or some of the others doesn't always work out, which can happen in a large world like this. Being alone can be nice, but I also enjoy the company of others. Maybe we've even just happened to miss each other out in the grasslands sometime!"
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:12 pm

Just bad timing was basically the answer.
    He was glad he didn't sound at all nosy to him, but it still made him wonder. Going out on adventures, huh? That sounded fun, but lately, Nym hadn't really been up to do something of that nature. Like with Aradia; he'd love to go camping and dig with her, as she had shown a great interest in archaeology, but he didn't seem to have the motivation to get it started. Was he the one that felt better secluded? As the thought ran through his head, he shook it off after realizing he had gone quiet too long. "S-sorry, was thinking," a sheepish explanation was given, "you probably have a lot of fun times with everyone. You seem strong for someone who may be young," the tone changed to one of uncertainty, as aging was a strange concept to him.

"It feels like being secluded makes me feel less troubled than when I have a lot of people around me. I feel kind of pressured for some reason. Like I have to say or do something in response." He would've trailed off, but Nym made sure not to, despite his mind often going towards other subject manner. "What kind of adventures do you have?" Nym asked, feeling like the subject was taking a depressing turn. Whether it was or not to Sheik, Nym felt it was. Plus, hearing adventures may inspire him.
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:54 pm

Sheik chuckled a bit as Nym broke from the train of thought he'd gotten caught in, fully understanding what it could be like to get pulled into ones thinking. Shaking her head slightly at his apology, she noted, "That's all right." At his next musing about her times spent with different people as well as her strength though, she couldn't help but smile a little more broadly, right before giving a firm nod. "I definitely do, and that holds true whether it's in the city or somewhere out in the wilderness. And thanks… I might be young, but between my own natural ability and training, I'd like to think I've gotten strong. The same as you though, I do want to try my best to be even stronger."

The disguised princess did not fail to catch the shift in Nym tone, but whilst she wasn't sure if it was due to his not knowing about how aging worked for non-Digimon or something else, she was just glad to hear that her explanation had made sense. Sheik regarded him as he detailed how taking time to himself could help ease his mind in contrast to social pressure, right before she quirked a sympathetic brow. "I can understand that… being put in some situations can make you feel that way, but I've found that the best way to meet them is to just stay calm and be true to yourself. If you feel you'd like to respond, then do so, but never feel as though you have to do something simply because it's expected of you. It can be tough to figure out sometimes, but the most important thing is to try not to let the pressure get to you, and listen to what you feel is right."

Sheik would not have called the turn of subject depressing exactly, but she could tell that there was certainly quite a bit more on Nym's mind than maybe he wanted to admit to. Hopefully though, her words there would help, just the same as the next jump in topic might.

Perking up a bit at his next question, Sheik grinned slightly before stating, "All kinds, actually. Sometimes we just explore different parts of the areas outside the city, sometimes we just enjoy a day out in them, and other times, we even find dungeons or caves to investigate. Whether we try to make our own or wind up finding them unintentionally, we wind up going on a good number of quests. It's fun to be able to see more of the world here, build your strength by fighting monsters, and of course to get to spend time with friends doing something extra memorable."
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:56 am

"Never feel as though you have to do something simply because it's expected of you."

Those words struck something. Some kind of... strange memory, yet he could not remember why it sounded so...

You didn't like what those cruel individuals had done in the Sanctuary, did you?

Nym gave a slow blink, Sheik's words sort of meshing together as words of a different color filled his head. Expected of him? Expected of him if he was to become someone who must speak up? Who must stop those who are cruel and heartless? They deserved nothing but judgment, he thought before shaking his head and looking at Sheik with a dull expression, as if having just become conscious again.

The last thing he heard before that happened--it was about... listen to what feels right, yes, that was what he heard last before his mind became blank. Rubbing his muzzle for a moment, the Digimon gave Sheik just as he began to explain about exploration. Though the thoughts had bothered Nym for a moment, he tried to listen to the Hylian regarding what he and his friends did as they wandered the Breach.

With each word, a calming sensation came over Nym as he tried to relax again and hear about such feats of strength and adventures. Fighting monsters and other creatures within dungeons and caves that were hidden across the world sounded like a great thing to do. Especially when not alone. Perhaps that's why Sheik felt so much stronger than his physique let on? It wasn't apparent unless one focused, but Nym could tell the Hylian had a strong power to him. It was quite... strange, though. The Digimon couldn't put his finger on it as to why...

"I-I," he stuttered for a moment before blowing a small raspberry to control himself, "I... think that's a great thing to do. I bet you've found places no one else even knows about. I don't really know what this place looks like other than the grasslands and the city... I guess I feel too scared to wander too far alone, but I really want to explore more." Maybe he should! He was tough enough, he felt, to keep most things at bay. "Did you find any treasure or artifacts?" Treasure hunting always sounded fun, too. Exploring dungeons and caves, it wouldn't surprise him if they had found something that could be considered a treasure!
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:31 pm

Sheik blinked as she saw Nym's expression become even more dazed than it had a few moments ago, almost as though he had once more gotten lost in his thoughts. She couldn't help but wonder if it was him thinking extra hard on something she'd said, but as he moved to rub his muzzle and apparently snap out of it, she found herself just hoping that what she'd said would prove helpful for him. After her advice, he certainly seemed to like the sound of some of her adventures that she had detailed.

Raising her eyebrows slightly as Nym started to speak, the disguised princess couldn't help but smile a bit as he took a second to reign himself back in. That smile only broadened as he noted how he liked the idea of going out on quests, as well as some of what she'd got to see and experience out in the world here. "It's definitely a fun thing, that's for sure. And you're right about that… we've found a good number of places both old and newly arrived that no one has seen yet in this world. It's already big and neat on its own, but the fact that it's dynamic and doesn't always stay completely the same makes it even more exciting to explore." Pausing for a moment, Sheik gestured to the young Digimon before noting, "The grasslands are great and I have spent a lot of time out there, but I think you'd also really enjoy the forest beyond and maybe even the beach. Since you want to explore… maybe you could come on an adventure with my friends and me sometime." Sheik was always set to travel alone and didn't quite have the fear that Nym did, but quests with good company were always the best.

Reminiscing about just some of her adventures already had Sheik feeling pretty good mood, and she soon let out a soft laugh at the Digimon's next question. "I have, yes. We've found all sorts of different things, from magic items and weapons to old artifacts and treasure. Some of our finds have even come from our homeworld, so that's always extra exciting. Actually, one such quest was how Link and Impa found their two cows that we have here at the inn!"
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:46 am

Beach?... It took Nym a minute to remember what that was, as he had never really seen the ocean in person before, nor a beach. Only in his books and on the television. He wasn't even sure if he could swim, either! But it looked pretty, and so did the forest. He had gone only once in there, with Arro, but it was not really... a full exploration. And it wasn't too far in the forest, either. But as Sheik mentioned the could perhaps join them on their next venture, a small gleam shined brightly in his eye and a smile grew upon his muzzle. That sounded super fun... wandering the forests with others that held experience, finding new things, maybe even putting his nose to use and finding things they couldn't find!

As adventurous thoughts swelled in Nym's mind, Sheik mentioned something about how they had found things from their homeworld, including... cows? "Cows? Is that what's making that moooo noise? You can't really hear them in here, but outside, I can hear them... I didn't know you had actual cows! I thought someone was always watching some kind of farming show..." How silly of him, but it made more sense, at least. As for artifacts from Sheik's homeworld...

"I don't... know anything about my 'home' world," he used the word rather loosely, "but... do you think there are things here from there?..." Nym tilted his head curiously as he looked at the young lad.

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:17 am