Health Bar:
    140/140  (140/140)
    Stamina Bar:
    19/19  (19/19)

TRAFFIC? LIARS.

Post by Lord Death on Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:22 am

Time: 12:00 am
    Date: 22/03/14

Let it be known that Death was not exactly modern technology savvy, beyond what had already been revealed through his interactions with KARR and the woman with the Warthog. He wasn't at his best anywhere in cities outside of private residences, and that was the sort of interaction that didn't really come up in modern life except in the obituaries, and he didn't really have to traverse the modern landscape at all to reach those residences. So he was left with a quandary. He was already receiving assistance on identifying names and faces for his never-ending catalog of mortal lives that would need collecting, but he could do some research on his own and had been told that the city was the best place to look. So here he wandered, from street corner to street corner, up the front steps of private residences, climbing trellises to second floors to peer into bedroom windows and back down and away, using his natural (or quite possibly unnatural) deathliness to come and go without having the ISO's called at every trespass.

At this particular moment, he was crossing a street at a major juncture -or so it appeared to his glowing blue gaze- clearly visible through the visor of his motorcycle helmet. The three crossing streets met at a perfect square, a glowing structure hanging from some string overhead, glowing in cycles of green, yellow, and red. He approached at an angle, despite his two previous encounters with vehicles, he still had not quite figured out that there were places for pedestrians and places for vehicles. He would be clearly visible from one of the directions of the T-junction, but to the other two, he may as well not be there until the very last moment due to his black clothes on the black background of the tarmac and the black sky, the only warning his two glowing blue headlamps and the headlights of whatever might happen upon him.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Re: TRAFFIC? LIARS.

Post by Knock Out on Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:15 pm

Midnight on the weekend, probably the best time to drive around the place. Though there wasn't exactly a bad time to drive! The city seemed not to have many traffic jams, which worked well for him. Driving in the city was always different from driving back in Jasper. Jasper was basically a desert. The city was more crowded, more busy. Lots of distractions, though none ever really bothered the red sports car that was more than meets the eye. He was far too smart to hit some reckless child following a ball, or a squirrel crossing the street at inconvenient times. He was a Cybertronian, not some human who was busy texting on the phone! He took great care not to squash things on his hood in everyday traffic, if only because blood spatter was terrible to remove. The bugs were bad enough.

Up ahead was an intersection, one he had seen many a time and driven past even more. There was nothing unexpected here! So long as he drove when the light was green, or sometimes even yellow, he had the right of way. As he crossed he noticed for a brief moment that something in black was moving, crossing the street. His brakes squealed as he tried to stop in time, but it was far too late.

WHAM Something heavy collided with his hood, even as he finally rolled to a stop and the cars behind him stopped as well. The car seemed to tense at the foreign body on top before a voice from inside finally spoke up. "What was that?! Didn't you see the lights? The crosswalk?! Great, just great, now my hood is ruined! You'd better have some credits on you, or be an automobile mechanic, because I'm not going to just let you walk away from this!"
    Lord Death
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 9

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    140/140  (140/140)
    Stamina Bar:
    19/19  (19/19)

Post by Lord Death on Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:11 am

Hm? Was that a light, off to the side? No, it couldn't be. It was too late at night for tha-

WHAM
    Bounce, bounce, bounce,

thud.

What the hell? He was very suddenly horizontal, stretched out on a surface that was cold to the touch. Not as cold as he himself was, but pretty cold. Also a lot smoother than the asphalt had been. There had been a small period of weightlessness immediately before being horizontal, where his view of the world had spun rapidly through space. Then an angry voice came from somewhere off to his left, and he cranked his head around to that somewhat unnatural angle of over the shoulder to gaze blankly through his visor at the screen of a car's front window for a few seconds. He turned his head back around the proper way and rolled off, thudding into the pavement as whoever it was finished off a tirade of some kind, the majority of which rolled off of Death like water rolls off a duck's back.

Death put his arms under his torso and hoisted himself up like doing an awkward push-up that ended with him mostly vertical, or at least enough that he could push to his feet, biker gloves beginning to brush the dust of impact from his clothes. For the moment, he ignored the enraged driver of the fancy mechanical conveyance to see to his own comfort, standing in the middle of the intersection, completely ignoring the presence of other cars behind the major one to make sure his clothes were on right.

When he was sure that they were, Death turned to face the mechanical behemoth, and in his customary arrogant form, immediately began his list of demands. He continued to ignore the vast majority of what had been said so far, but that was mostly because it was all nonsensical gibberish for the moment. He'd address it if the individual chose to speak English, but until then it was irrelevant.

HOW DARE YOU STRIKE ME WITH YOUR CONVEYANCE? I HAVE DONE NO HARM TO YOU.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:06 pm

For a moment, Knock Out wondered if the person he hit had died, though his previous foray into danger and the fact that the person was now looking over his shoulder at Knock Out's windshield proved that theory incorrect. The person, presumably human and wearing a motorcycle helmet, rolled off of the hood and picked himself back up, the Cybertronian waiting for him to say something. An apology would be nice, as a start. "Well?!" Not even an explanation as for why he decided to go dancing about in the middle of the road?!

The cars behind Knock Out began to get impatient, horns honking loudly and the car directly behind him edged closer, inch by inch, as if giving him some sort of 'hint' to keep going. "Like any of you have anywhere important to be! If I go now I'll just hit him all over again!" He shouted back to the other drivers. Didn't anyone tell these humans that patience was a virtue?! The engine roared slightly as Knock Out decided to do some diagnosis on the damage. A few good dents, a particularly bad one from where that helmet slammed into his hood, and the scratches that you'd associate with such an altercation. Perfect, just perfect. He could barely go a month without SOME kind of damage.

When the pedestrian finally spoke up, it made the mech want to cringe. "There's no need to shout!" Yikes! Even odder, was that it didn't seem to be coming from his auditory processors. Yet he was still hearing this fellow speak somehow. How curious. Though any intellectual curiosity fizzled as the words sunk in. "WHAT!? Oh, yes, because I really wanted to hit you! Its going to take me FOREVER just to buff these scratches out, let alone pop the dents out! You're the numbskull who decided to run into open traffic! That green light up there means I had the right of way, not you! This is YOUR fault!"
    Lord Death
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    140/140  (140/140)
    Stamina Bar:
    19/19  (19/19)

Post by Lord Death on Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:44 pm

You cannot kill that which has never lived, poor misguided mechanical being. Not that Death could really say that, given how plain stupid he was in terms of this environment. Not that that would ever be admitted, even his total arrogance that he was always correct. But I digress. The one in the foremost vehicle, that had struck him so violently, shouted at those behind angrily, as though it was emotionally disturbed for some reason. And then it began to shout at Death himself. Something about scratches and dents, and a desire to hit him. Then a comment about skulls, which prompted probably the wrong kind of reaction.

Reaching up with both gloved hands, Death stuck a few fingers beneath the edge of his helmet, undoing the strap under his jaw and then lifting the helmet off, tucking it under his arm. His bone white skull grinned at Knock Out, glinting authentically in the light cast by the twin blue glows deep within the otherwise empty sockets that were the only other major feature of his face, beyond his everlasting, wide grin.

NUMBSKULL INDEED. IS THAT MORTAL HUMOR? IT IS MILDLY AMUSING.

For everything else your poor, misguided lips had let pass, prepare to be surprised if you've never witnessed his amazing capacity for logic before. What were you prepared to do to apologize to the great and mighty angel of death? Nothing? Why am I not going to be surprised?

AS FOR THE REST, YOU STRUCK ME. THEREFORE YOU ARE AT FAULT.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:46 pm

This man was a very unsatisfying person to talk to. Barely spoke, barely explained himself! Knock Out would have tapped a foot impatiently, except he was at the moment a car. He would just have to settle for waiting for this guy to do anything. And what he did was...take off his helmet. Though rather than a fleshy, hairy face beneath the helmet, he found a very white face with glowing blue eyes grinning at him. A white face made of bone. This man was a literal numbskull! Though he couldn't really find it in him to laugh, and instead edged backwards and away from the skull face man. "Another one?!" First Judge Fear, now this guy. Was he just a beacon for undead people now? Was this what Judge Fear looked like under his own little helm?

The cars now honked very loudly, getting pretty upset with this delay. He hefted a heavy sigh and quickly transformed. "Since these people have no sense of patience, lets move this elsewhere!" With a sneer towards the other cars, he reached over and scooped the pedestrian in one hand. Now more face to face, he narrowed his optics at the man as he started to walk away from the intersection.

"You stepped out into traffic before I could stop myself in time. Therefore, you are at fault! I stopped as soon as I could and I still hit you!" This was going to be pretty 'back and forth' for a while, wasn't it?
    Lord Death
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    140/140  (140/140)
    Stamina Bar:
    19/19  (19/19)

Post by Lord Death on Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:15 am

Another one indeed. You would have to be more direct than that if you wanted the lord to reply in any sort of way to your speech, poor misguided mechanical being. Speaking of which, your rolling away when he removed his helm had been noted with a grin, though noting it with any other expression would probably have meant more considering he could not move his jaw. Your transformation was also met with a grin, though if he had been capable of a different expression, it probably would have meant his jaw would have fallen off. And then he would have had to lean down to pick it up, and wouldn't that have been fun, especially when you plucked him from street level to hold him at eye level with your great big mechanical orbs.

I DID STEP INTO TRAFFIC APPARENTLY. YET YOU HIT ME. YOU. I DID NOT HIT YOU. THEREFORE, YOU ARE AT FAULT.

Yes, this would be back and forth for a considerable while. Knock Out was a logical being, and mechanical and thus probably possessing of slightly more patience than the organics Death had encountered so far. Though, given Knock Out's temperament, perhaps that wasn't so true as it would be for other Transformers. Perhaps though, he could diagnose something else wrong with this conversation, given his status as a medic. Good luck!
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:05 pm

Knock Out had to admit to some slight intimidation when he looked at the...man's(?) face. Not a single bit of skin, and without that skin, no real expression on his face. Glowing eyes as well. From the feel of the body underneath the clothes in his hands too, he seemed to be completely skeletal. How a skeleton was walking around, let alone dropping into traffic was beyond him, but he was slightly used to this weirdness. Slightly. His steps were heavy as he maneuvered his way down a stretch of road where the city was not as busy. It was, after all, quite late. Already, getting away from the other cars with their honks and agitation was doing wonders for his temper.

Numbskull wrote:I DID STEP INTO TRAFFIC APPARENTLY. YET YOU HIT ME. YOU. I DID NOT HIT YOU. THEREFORE, YOU ARE AT FAULT.

...Well, until his little passenger decided to speak up. He came to a stop and leaned against a particularly sturdy building, bringing his free servo up to rub at the temple of his helm. "Oh, my aching processor..." Between the sheer volume of his...voice(?) and the way they were going back and forth over the same issue again and again, he was beginning to regret being out at this time of night. "'Technically', yes, I hit you. But its also your fault!" He grit his denta together before heaving a heavy sigh. He moved off of the building and continued walking. "My point is that you seem to be fine, no damage done to you at all!" Yet. "From our little crash at least. Meanwhile, I am sporting some heavy damage!" Heavy cosmetic damage, but for Knock Out that was still terrible.

"All I'm asking is for some assistance in fixing the damage caused by you." He tried to keep his tone reasonable, even smiling at the skull faced pedestrian he had smashed into. "What do you say?" He would take any answer except 'YOU HIT ME, YOU ARE AT FAULT'.
    Lord Death
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    140/140  (140/140)
    Stamina Bar:
    19/19  (19/19)

Post by Lord Death on Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:22 am

Knock Out had a temper did he? Better to yell at a stone wall, at least it wouldn't speak calmly back to him if he exploded as though nothing was happening. Death was not 'up on' emotion. Knock out would have to explain his desire to not have dents in some detail if he wanted Death to care, though that was not really needed to get those poor little dents buffed out of his precious skin.

I AM NOT AT FAULT FOR YOU RUNNING IN TO ME. YOUR IMPACT WITH MY BODY HAS CAUSED YOU DAMAGE DUE TO YOUR MISTAKE, AND THOUGH I OWE YOU NOTHING, I WILL ASSIST YOU FOR YOUR BETTERMENT.

Death was nothing if not kind to those that tried to be reasonable, and often was kind to those that struggled just as well. It was not really kindness after all, just a sense of responsibility for the children of his Father while he waited to meet them for the final time in their lives, and guide them in the correct direction. Misguided sinners all, including those like Knockout even though he had no direct contact with those like him normally, they needed to be treated like children or the most intelligent of pets to better make them understand their place.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:11 pm

Truthfully, the mech was usually a lot calmer than this. He did, however, have a temper when it involved his meticulously buffed and waxed body. He was quite vain about his appearance, after all! So anything that happened to mar it was quick to get on his bad side, and you can't get any worse than hitting a pedestrian who wandered onto the road and insisted it was your fault in the first place. Speaking of which...

Numbskull wrote:I AM NOT AT FAULT FOR YOU RUNNING IN TO ME. YOUR IMPACT WITH MY BODY HAS CAUSED YOU DAMAGE DUE TO YOUR MISTAKE, AND THOUGH I OWE YOU NOTHING, I WILL ASSIST YOU FOR YOUR BETTERMENT.

That sounded an awful lot like 'YOU HIT ME, YOU ARE AT FAULT', but worded differently. Before he could get indignant though, the pedestrian did at least agree to help him. Even though he insisted it was Knock Out's fault, Knock Out's mistake. Honestly, if Soundwave spoke, he'd probably sound a lot like this guy. Stubborn, emotionless. Remembering just how useless it was to fight against Soundwave, he decided to let the words roll off his finish like water when he was properly waxed.

"Assistance is better than nothing. I can take care of the scratches and paint fine, but its the dents that have me worried. Back when I had a med bay, I could easily pop a dent out, but now, I can barely go inside to get more wax. No, I have to get some random person to go inside and get it for me. Can't have any stores fit for a Cybertronian, of course not!" He grumbled and griped, almost forgetting about the person in his hands. He really did have to find Livewire sometime and demand a shrinking ring. His optics slid back to the skeletal figure in his hands and he realized, a little awkwardly, that they didn't really know each other's name. Of course, they also didn't really get a proper greeting.

"So uh...I'm Knock Out. Do you have a name?" Wonder if it really was Numbskull.
    Lord Death
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    140/140  (140/140)
    Stamina Bar:
    19/19  (19/19)

Post by Lord Death on Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:36 am

Poor baby, you were in company with someone that did not think you were the most beautiful thing in the area. More than that, you were in company of someone that had a bit of a problem with the idea of beauty in the first place. Though you did not know that yet, you would know that later, inevitably. As always, it would come up. In the mean time though, you were being a clever little bugger, you knew what he said. Which was exactly the same thing he'd said before, as there was absolutely no way he would ever admit you were correct, because of course you weren't. The assistance was just to get you to move on, and to learn more about these peculiar vehicles.

IS KNOCK OUT WHAT YOU DO TO OTHERS, LIKE A TITLE? MY TITLE IS DEATH. AS IS MY NAME.

Mister Death had no idea how to get the dents out of your plating, with the possible exception of hitting them from the other side equally hard, though how that would work considering they were attached to your body also remained a mystery to him. Perhaps they would be able to bash at them from the inside, much as you would be able to put your fingers through Death's eye sockets from inside, if you could fit your hand through the hole in his jaw. Not only was biology unknown to him in organics, mechanicals were even less familiar territory. He didn't even know how his own motorbike worked, considering it had once been a chariot, and a Night Mare before that.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:40 pm

Knock Out was used to being around others that seemed not to comprehend just how important keeping up with one's appearance was. Numerous Decepticons would wander about the Nemesis with deep scratches all over with no care about how they looked. They made him roll his optics and just show off how much shinier he was even more! He loved how he looked and that was hardly a crime! His optics flickered back to the skeletal man as he spoke, smiling a bit with some amusement.

"Mmm, you could say that." Autobots did go down pretty quickly when he jabbed them with his prod. "Though my real title would be that of 'Doctor'. Knock Out would be my name, though I do knock others out easily." So this man's title and name was...Death? The pseudo-brows raised up on his face, staring at this...new information. "...Death? Really?" That was...interesting. His gaze turned scrutinizing, as if wondering if being in Death's vicinity was going to make him keel over, dead. His head tilted to the side briefly, before he finally gave a small shrug.

"Well then. Death it is." Now, as for his dents...the brows drew forward and he slowed to a stop. They'd need something cheap. Easy. He linked up to the internet, or at least what counted as such for Portal Breach, and did a search. Cheap, easy, and quick way to fix a dent without ruining the paintjob. It didn't take long to find an answer and when he did, he grinned widely. "Death, how do you feel about running inside a store for me? We're going to need a few things..." Mainly, a hair dryer, a towel, and a can of compressed air.
    Lord Death
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    140/140  (140/140)
    Stamina Bar:
    19/19  (19/19)

Post by Lord Death on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:48 pm

Jabbed them with your prod, you say? How... interesting. And said with a smile as well. Even more interesting, not to mention the fact that Death was currently located in the hand of the giant robot. How this was all accomplished was quite beyond him. As for keeling over dead, no, that was beyond Death's power in any realm. He tended to hang about when something else was about to kill you, true, but sometimes he missed the date and you died while he wasn't there, so keep watch and be careful at all times even if you can't see the grinning skull.

RUNNING INSIDE A STORE? I DO NOT RUN, NOR DO I SHOP.

For what could the large mech possibly want with a running skeleton, black skirts flapping around bone white skinny ankles as he ran around inside a chop shop, fleeing from the overexcited large dog inevitably owned by the one running the place, comically flailing his arms above his head in a plea to the audience to save him? Not that any of that would happen, as the dog would much more likely cower than give chase, and Death wasn't even in the correct robes for them to flap in the wind, and besides which he'd just finished explaining how he did not run.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:38 pm

Knock Out gave the skeletal figure in his hand a dull look, frowning with deadpan optics. "I thought you said you wanted to assist me?" And there he went again, taking everything so literal! He didn't really want Death to go running into the store, he was frankly put off by how such an action would likely end with him running so fast, his bones would disconnect and he'd collapse on the ground in an odd pile of bones! ...How were those bones holding themselves together anyway...with a brief sigh and a smack to the front of his helm with his free hand, he redirected his attention to the skeleton.

"I'd go myself, Death, but I can't FIT in the stores here. They're too small! You don't need to run, but you can walk into a store and buy some stuff with some credits I'll give you. This is the easiest way to fix this, and you said you'd assist me...so assist!" Was it really asking too much to have him go inside and pick up a few things? "I used the internet to come up with the cheapest and easiest way to fix these dents, by applying a burst of heat then a burst of cold the dents will reverse themselves. So I need a hairdryer, a can of compressed air, and a towel to wipe it all off..." It looked like it really smudged up the paint, at least for a little bit. Still preferred to going to an auto shop and having some random human feel up his form.

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:57 pm