Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Re: Late Night Wandering

Post by Xavier Valiante on Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:07 pm

Xavier listened quietly and took the knife back and placed in his pocket along with the one currently in his hand. “Thanks…” He smiled a little. “I-I don’t mind you don’t mind you sticking around for a while.” He didn’t want to appear rude. Heck, he threw a knife at a person he had met earlier that night. It would very impolite to tell her to get lost.

Xavier grinned. “You’re probably right.” He took a deep breath and ran a hand through his hair. He was actually missing the adrenaline rush he got from fighting. From being in a life and death match, knowing that either his opponent or himself wouldn’t be making it out alive. Never know Xavier, you might find a few people who are addicted to that rush. “So…did you have a family back home or?...”
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:02 pm

If he was looking for someone who wanted that rush, he came to the right person.The right place, actually. The Breach was known for its fighters. "Awesome" was her response. Not really sure what to do, Jana could only stand there awkwardly. Perhaps there was more to the house they could explore?

The question did not seem to faze Jana, but it did catch her by surpirse. Not in a bad way, she just was not expecting it.  "Not really. I had a boss that I was pretty close with, and he was the closest thin' to a dad I got." There was, of course, her mother, but that was a sore subject she did not want to talk about with someone she just met. "What 'bout you? Got any family back home?" He, of course, did not have to answer, but it never hurt to ask.
    Xavier Valiante
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 6

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Xavier Valiante on Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:19 pm

Xavier nodded a little. His dad had been his boss too.Now it was Xavier’s turn to answer the question. Xavier bit his lower lip a little as he thought. How much of the truth should I tell? Do I even have to tell the truth? Xavier swallowed a little before speaking. “Yeah… Had a few siblings. Never knew my mom and my dad was…always busy with work… I had to raise myself really...” He began playing with his fingers awkwardly for a second. “So… want to check the rest of this place out? Maybe there’ll be some valuable stuff on the other levels…” He tried calming down as he waited for Jana’s answer.
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:13 am

Jana listened to Xavier's answer and could not help but find parallels with her own life. Knew one parent and not the other? Check. Other parent too busy? Check. Having to fend for herself? Check, check and double check. The cyborg frowned, couldn't help but think back to her first time arriving on the Breach, being in the same predicament. "I know how that feels." He was giving out some personal information, and the cyborg could not find it in herself to not add her own experience. It helped when you had people that understood, right? "I was pretty much on my own as well."

The cyborg turned to the side as Xavier suggested they move onward. "Yeah, let's do that. Saw some steps leadin' up to the second floor over there." she thumbed in the direction.
    Xavier Valiante
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Xavier Valiante on Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:45 pm

“Yeah…” Xavier looked down at his feet. Of course he had fibbed a little. He didn’t raise himself. At the age of ten, Xavier was whisked away from the orphan he lived at and placed into the finest military academy in America. He learned everything he would ever need to know minus basic social skills. Darn you teaching standards!

“Well then, ladies first.” Xavier motioned for Jana to go first. He was somewhat of a gentleman. Bit of an arse too but that only comes out when he is truly ticked off. One way to get to that side is by saying something positive about the military. Xavier walked alongside Jana. “So, I take it you’ve been here a while?”
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:29 am

Jana rubbed the back of her head awkwardly and went silent after that. The silence seemed to last forever, though it was only a few seconds. She shook her head to clear her thoughts.

"Heh, thanks." The cyborg smiled as Xavier told her to go first. She turned around and started to make her way towards the stairs. The house was not very big, so it did not take them very long to arrive at the steps."Just so you know, you don't gotta be all "ladies first" and all that shit with me." She tested the step with her foot before stepping fully onto it. Could never be too careful in an abandoned house. "Ain't no need for it." She never really understand why that was even a thing that people did in the first place. What did her being a girl have to do with going first anyway?

The cyborg paused and did the math in her head. Time seemed to go by so fast on the Breach. "Been 'round 5 years now, actually."
    Xavier Valiante
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Xavier Valiante on Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:13 am

Xavier chuckled at Jana’s responds. “I’ll remember that for the future.” She seemed like a spitfire and Xavier liked that in a person. He couldn’t stand much of the aristocratic life style and behavior. Too many social standards and worrying what everyone else thought about you. He kind of enjoy take out such targets as an assassin.

“Five years. Damn,” Xavier whistled. “So you must know a lot about this place.” He watched her test the first step. “I think the stairs are fine. No need to be afraid of them,” he joked with a sort of mischievous grin. “Want me to go first if you are too scared?” In a flash, Xavier began leaping up the stairs taking three or four at a time. He barely put any pressure on the boards so he didn't know if they would break or not. In a few seconds, the cocky son of a gun stood at the top of the stairs confident. “See, nothing to be afraid of.” Xavier winked.
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:08 am

"Oh, do I know a lot a shit. Ask me anythin' and I'll probably have an answer for ya." It was hard to be on the Breach for that long and not know a thing or two about it. Or three, or four. Though things had changed over the years, so perhaps she could not answer everything. She could try though.

The grin was contagious, and she found herself grinning right back. "Be my guest, but if the steps try to eat you don't come cryin' to me." she pointed to herself with her thumb as she spoke.

The cyborg rolled her eye at his leaping. "Show off." She laughed, and boy did it feel good to do so. "Why thank you. And here I thought the steps would gobble you up Silly me." She joked right back before following suite. Just like Xavier, she took the steps three to four steps at a time. Only, she did put pressure on the boards, and they thankfully did not give way. Seemed the building wasn't as old as she first thought. When she was safely beside Xavier she started to lead the way further through the second floor.
    Xavier Valiante
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Xavier Valiante on Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:57 pm

Xavier chuckled at Jana’s comment. “I doubt it would want to eat someone like me. I would probably be too tough for its diet.” He was warming up to Jana quite nicely. She seemed like his type of person: fun, smart, straight forward, sarcastic, and of course tough. Putting his hands in his pockets, Xavier followed Jana down the hall. The second floor was nothing more than hall with three doors on the left and two on the right. “So since you’ve been here for so long, who would you say belongs on the 'Do Not Piss Off' list? Just wanting to know, of course.” Xavier did not want to be on anyone’s bad side. Well, not yet at least. He knew he was weak and would be an easy target for almost anyone.
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:53 pm

"Not to mention all that skin and bones do not digest well in the slightest." She nodded to herself at her statement, before walking to one of the doors. The door was slightly ajar, and all Jana had to do to get in was push slightly. The room was dark and the cyborg could see the outline of some furniture, but other than that the room looked almost bare. When she flipped the switch to turn the light on, the light above flickered on before sparking and going out again.

If Jana had a dollar for every time someone asked her who to look out for, she'd have a pretty good sum of money. Better to be safe than sorry though, right? Sometimes it seemed like common sense should tell you who to look out for, but guess you shouldn't base a book on it's cover. "Well there's Prixlezub. He's giant and made of fire so, kinda hard to miss. He's likely to kill you if you mess with him. Zurg as well. He used to be an Evil Emperor back from my home world. Hmm...Cailia. She's the one with the lon' black hair and an attitude to boot." There were definitely others not to piss off, but the three she listed seemed like the more prominent of all the others. Even if Zurg was seemingly settling down, it did not mean Jana was not going to mention him. He had been her idol at one point after all.

"Though really, you shouldn't piss anyone off. 'Specially since yer new." A lot of people had made the mistake of getting on the wrong end of somebody when they first arrived. Not everyone, but a good number of people. Sometimes it was fun to watch someones downfall when they actually deserved it, but other times? Not so much.
    Xavier Valiante
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Xavier Valiante on Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:09 am

Xavier grinned. “I don’t plan on pissing anyone off. I like living too much.” He looked around the room. He didn’t see anything of value but that didn’t stop him from examining. After a quick sweep, Xavier found absolutely nothing. “Gah. This room is a bust. I wonder if we’ve already passed the master bedroom. Maybe I’ll get lucky and the owners of this house were lesbian lovers.” The guy didn’t have anything against whoever you rolled in the hay with. Heck, the United States had a lesbian President when he left. He much rather see if they had the most delicious metal, gold. It was his favorite thing to eat.

Walking to the next door, Xavier tried opening it but it wouldn’t budge. “Great,” he rolled his eyes. “The door is jammed.” He tried kicking it open but it didn’t move. He tried punching it but nothing happened. “Come on, you fucker! Open up!” Then he tried to use a knife to open the door. After a few tries, Xavier gave up. “Probably a linen closet or something stupid.”
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:33 pm

"Well then yer smarter than lot a people that come here." Hopefully that lasted. Didn't need another newbie getting massacred by their resident furnace. Resulted in too much drama most of the time.

Jana covered her mouth with a hand to laugh into it. She was trying really hard not to laugh right in his face from his actions, but she found it hard not to. When she did laugh, it was a playful, teasing laugh.  "You really showed that doors whats what, didntcha?" she grinned, striding up to the door. "Let me show you how it's done." The cyborg stopped in front of the door, and eyed it curiously. It was only a simple matter of finding the doors weak spot and a strong kick. Without wasting much time, she kicked at the spot right below the handle with her prosthetic leg, and the door threw itself open. She stood back, and motioned to the room with her hands. "After you."
    Xavier Valiante
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Xavier Valiante on Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:30 pm

Xavier wasn’t amused at all and his faced showed it at he stared at the laughing Jana. “Ha ha. Very funny.” He stuck his tongue at her before stepping through the doorway. “Bingo!” It was the master bedroom. The remains of a large four-post bed sat against the back wall with a small table on each side. At the foot of the bed was decent size chest that was probably used for decoration. On either side of the room was a dark chest of drawers. Xavier’s eyes lit up as he ran to the nearest dresser. He began searching through the drawers for any sign of delicious gold objects.

(Flipping three coins: 3 HIT, box full of cash found. 2 HIT, jewelry box full of jewelry found. 1 HIT empty jewelry box found.)
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:30 pm

The member 'Xavier Valiante' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Coin Flip' :
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:23 pm

"It is funny, ain't it? I'm real glad that you agree." This time she did laugh without trying to hide it with a hand. She then stuck her tongue back out at Xavier, because two could play at that game.

The cyborg watched as Xavier happily found and opened the dressers' drawers. She watched with small interest as the other rifled through the drawers in search of something of anything of value. He was not successful it seemed though, and Jana decided to do some searching of her own. As Xavier continued to rifle through the drawers, her eyes landed on the storage chest at the end of the bed. Even if it was just there for decoration, it was worth a check wasn't it? And so she did, opening up the lid and peering inside.

(3 dice: 3 hits: finds a jewelry box with jewelry, 2 hits: Halloween costumes 1 hit: finds nothing)

Last edited by Jana on Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:41 am