Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Late Night Wandering

Post by Xavier Valiante on Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:37 am

Time: 3 am
    Date: March 18th

“Well that was close,” Xavier muttered to himself. His hands were in his pockets and his shoulders tucked in to help block the cold breeze. Janna had seen him devouring a spoon. Luckily she promised not to tell anyone. “I don’t need that stress right now…” The stress of everyone finding out what Xavier was. He just wanted to be a normal human not a mutant. He turned down a random alleyway and continued walking down it. He didn’t have a place to sleep. He refused to go to the Stock Pot Inn. Too many people. People he didn’t know. He was content with living on the streets. He didn’t need food or water. All he needed was access to metal and he would be set. The Sanctuary was a good source of silverware, granted the silverware was just a mixture of common metals. They were bland in tastes but the got the job done. Now if Xavier could get a good source for the finer metals, gold, silver, etc., he would be in heaven.

Xavier relaxed a little since the wind was no longer blowing down the alley. He pulled a spoon out of his pocket and began chewing on it. “No one around to see this,” he muttered between bites. By the time he had finished chewing it, he had arrived at a chain link fence. Part of him just wanted to chew his way through it but he decided just to scale it. Less evidence incase someone was following him. The fenced off area was what appeared to be the ruins of some old building. It didn’t appear to be at the point of collapsing. Only some windows were missing along with a few bricks. It had a small yard overrun by weeds. The door fell in when Xavier touched it. “Well then…” Xavier stared at the door for a second before walking in. There were no signs of life. A thick layer of dust seemed to cover everything. “Well then…” Xavier placed his hands on his hips. “It isn’t much but it’ll do for the night.”
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Late Night Wandering

Post by Skyler on Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:57 pm

The night was clear, with hardly a cloud in the sky. It was nights like this that Jana truly enjoyed going out in. Meaning it was the perfect night for her to go hunting. It was not often that the cyborg chose to go out like this, but the stress was getting to be too much. She needed an outlet that, and shifting to her more feral form was just such an outlet.  The outer district was a good place to start. The wirewolf just hoped that there was something out here for her. It was starting to get late.

Currently, the wirewolf was standing on her back legs, with her front legs out in front of her. Her nose was in the air as she sniffed, scanning the area for something, anything to go after. There did not seem to be anything though and she whined, annoyed. She was craving a hunt, and had been quite some time since she could fulfill her itch to hunt. She was about to give up when she heard something; the rattle of a chain link fence. Her ears flicked up at the sound and without thinking, she silently made her way towards the sound.

However, once she arrived at the fence, there was nothing there. Her ears flicked back and forth to see if she could pick up anymore movement. She did pick up something, some talking. It sounded familiar...Taking a few steps back, she took a running start before jumping clear over the fence.
    Xavier Valiante
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 6

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Xavier Valiante on Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:59 pm

Xavier was in the kitchen rummaging through some draws when he heard something outside. “Great… Hoodlums or gangsters probably…” He grabbed a couple knives from the counter and placed a few in his pockets. My Wrist Blades are off limits. Don’t want any question to be raised. He kept the largest knife in his hand just incase of an attack.

He made his way back through the house slowly and quietly. He kept his back to the wall at all times. His military training was kicking back in. He made use of any reflective surface to see who was approaching. Unfortunately all the appliances were covered in dust so they were next to useless. Xavier slid on over to the window and peaked out. The windowpanes weren’t the cleanest but Xavier could definitely make out a large canine-like creature. Too big to be a wild dog and with the kinds of people who live here, someone might’ve created it…

Xavier didn’t relax or drop his guard as he moved from the kitchen into the hallway. He didn’t want to start a fight right now. That creature could be several times stronger than him. If that beast attacked him first, Xavier would fight back then. He made his way down the hall between the living room and kitchen. It led back to a few bedrooms, bathroom, and a staircase that lead to the second floor and basement. Xavier scoped out one of the bathrooms for more metal objects he could consume. All the while he kept that knife ready incase that creature attacked.
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:23 pm

Where was it? She knew something was here. Sure, it did not seem to be something edible, but it was something. She did not come all the way out here just to go home feeling more empty than she started. Luckily, she had much better hearing, able to pick up the slightest of sounds. This was why she was able to hear someone speaking, though she was far enough away to be unable to pick out all the words. That also meant that whoever was in the house, was human. It also meant that hunting was out of the question.

Still...she was tired of being cooped up inside all day with nothing to do but grieve. What could it hurt?

The voice had been coming from the house, so she quietly padded into the house. Despite her large size, she was able to keep almost completley silent. Only someone with trained hearing would be able to hear her claws clack against the buildings floors. There were some electronics sitting around on the counters of the kitchen, but nothing edible. Growling to herself, she left the kitchen and continued on her search for whoever was currently in the house.
    Xavier Valiante
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Xavier Valiante on Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:26 am

Xavier picked up on the faint sound of claws on the old floorboards. He was a trained assassin after all so he could pick up on the smallest details. Whatever was outside must’ve come in… Great, this is turning out like a horror movie. Xavier rolled his eyes and tossed the knife around in his hand. He hand managed to collect some old faucet handles. They weren’t too rusted, just needed to dust them off and they would be fine for consumption. He had eaten the towel rack and shower head. The bathtub faucet was too rusted to eat.

Flattened against the wall, Xavier briefly poked his head around the door jam. Even in the low light, he could see the outline of the canine. He then looked around the bathroom. The door was the only way in or out. Great, I should’ve known better to back myself into at corner! Xavier sighed and tried to come up with a plan. Judging by the size of that thing, it could easily bite one of my hands off. My best bet is to stun it and run away. I’ll let it make the first move…
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:11 am

The only thing missing to make it a horror movie was some dark, edgy music to be playing in the background. If only life had its own soundtrack.

Jana heard more movement, this time coming from a room over to the side. It was only a few feet away. It only took a few short strides for her to walk in front of the door. She stopped then, sniffing at the air, though her smell was not heightened in this form, it added to the effect. However, instead of going in, she walked right passed it, continuing on her way. When she was just next to the door, she shifted back to human form. She was far enough that the other occupant would not be able to see her shift. Other than that, she did not move. She just stood there, waiting in the dark for Xavier to come out.
    Xavier Valiante
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Xavier Valiante on Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:48 am

Life would be more enjoyable with its own music.

Xavier held his breath as creature passed by the bathroom. Maybe it doesn’t know that I am here… Maybe it lives here or smelled something it hunts. Xavier didn’t relax as he waited a few minutes. He knew whatever came in the house was still there. The question is, what to do now? Xavier could try and run but he wanted to find out more about his thing in the house. If this was the only one of its kind or if these things were common through out the city.

Xavier readied the knife. He was going to make the first move after all. He hated doing that. He was always taught to wait and counter-strike. What he was about to do was complete out of his norm. Xavier tumbled out of the bathroom and launched the knife in the direction the creature went. He rolled to his feet and pulled two more knives from his pockets. He was ready for an attack.

Last edited by Xavier Valiante on Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:48 am

The member 'Xavier Valiante' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Coin Flip' :

--------------------------------

#2 'Attack/Heal (1-5)' : 1
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:44 am

She knew that her actions would probably result in getting attacked. It would have taken an idiot to not realize it, and someone who reveled in adrenaline to not care. Which was why, when Xavier jumped out from behind the door, she did not even flinch. Even as the knife was thrusted out of her attackers hand. The only action she had was to swiftly catch the knife with her prosthetic hand. Jana had two options then, attack back, or hold up her hands in defeat. There was a part of her itching for a fight, but it wouldn't really mean very much with a newbie. It would be way too easy to snap him like a twig without meaning to. Better be safe about it.

"Hello again." was all she said with a grin, holding her hands up in defeat. "Sorry to scare you like that. I couldn't help myself."
    Xavier Valiante
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Xavier Valiante on Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:05 am

A shocked look was on Xavier’s face when he saw Janna standing with her hands up. What had happened to the animal that was in the house too? Did it give up and disappear? And when did Janna get here? Did she live here? Xavier placed one the knives back in his pocket as he got to his feet. “Hi…” He didn’t lower his guard and kept looking for any other strange movements incase that thing came back. “You didn’t scare me… There is something else here.” Xavier quickly looked over his shoulder before talking again. “It was a large dog-like creature. It came in here shortly after I did.” He checked the hall once again. “So… Is this your home or were you following that animal?” He tossed the knife up and caught it backhanded. He was ready for that creature to pounce.
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:40 pm

The cyborg could not help but grin. She was sure he'd think she was actually the creature he saw, since she was right there. Made it interesting that he did not though. And she was in a playful mood, the months of being cooped up leaving her little time to be. She'd keep it a secret for now...

"I don't see anythin' here. Didn't even see nothin' come in. You sure you ain't seein' shit?" She looked around at the house she had found herself in, following Xavier's gaze behind him. This place is a mess... she thought to herself before looking at the other. It seemed more like he lived here than anything, which was just all kinds of sad. "I don't live here, no. Do you? Cause you know there is an inn. Much nicer than...here." she motioned to the room with her hand, still holding the knife.
    Xavier Valiante
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Xavier Valiante on Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:48 pm

“I’m sure of what I saw! It was a large dog of some kind.” Xavier really didn’t believe in the supernatural since he came from a culture heavily based in science. The though that Janna could’ve been a kind of shape shifter never enter his mind. Heck, he didn’t even believe in shape shifters. “No, this isn’t my place. I was just passing through. Seeing if there was anything too… uh… sell.” Xavier wasn’t about to admit he was searching for food. He didn’t want to appear weak. “I’ve heard of the inn but it’s not my kind of place… Too many people.” Still not much of a people person, Xavier still preferred to be alone. He didn’t have much knowledge on Janna so he didn’t know if she was a secret serial killer. He still kept his guard up especially since she had a weapon. “So… What brings you here if I may ask?”
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:37 pm

"I believe you. There are some crazy thin's on the Breach." the wirewolf thing was more of a science issue than a supernatural, yet just as strange and unusual for the other, most likely

"You ain't gonna find much worth sellin' out here." She absentmindedly rubbed her thumb on the edge of the knife's blade. Though she doubted it would have done much damage, she was still glad to have not gotten stabbed with it. Did not want to try explaining that one to her sister.  She could just imagine how that would go down.

A lot of people seemed to find the inn to be a made place to live, Jana having been one of those people. She came around though. "The inn ain't real crowded. People keep to themselves..." unless you were involved in any type of drama. Then it would just depend. "It's also free and there's food..." she knew that he apparently had an affinity for metal, but not that he could only eat that.

"Just wanted to go for a walk where I couldn't be bothered. I like it out here. Reminds me a bit of home..." she smiled slightly. Trade World had not been the nicest place to live, but it had been her home for most of her life.
    Xavier Valiante
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Xavier Valiante on Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:36 pm

It wasn’t just the fact that there were a lot of people, Xavier was used to being alone. Not having to worry about people around him. Only having to plan for yourself. It was the only life he had known. He found sanctuary in his solitude. “Even the smallest cent is better than nothing,” Xavier chuckled. He didn’t have a dime to his name and he figured he’s going to need some sort of currency in the future. He best stock up now.

Xavier took another quick glance around the place. He was still on edge from seeing that creature. “I’ll keep that in mind if I ever decide to set down roots somewhere. For now, I’ll stick with my wandering…” He had lowered the last knife by now. Janna didn’t seem like a serial killer but one wrong move and Xavier will retaliate. “I take it you came from a run down neighborhood?” A question that bordered on rudeness but Xavier didn’t mean it that way.
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:34 am

"True...I mean, there's gotta be some nick nack store that is willin' to buy random shit for a good price." She had no seen one around, but there were always new shops popping up here and there.

If Jana thought the question was rude in anyway, she did not show it. Questions of home never bothered her. "Pretty much. I was pretty poor, so I lived in a slummy place. The houses weren't this bad, but that was cause people actually lived in em." The cyborg flipped the knife in her hand, catching it along the blade and presenting it back to Xavier.

"Here, you probably want this back." It was a sign of good faith, Jana giving the weapon back. She had no intention of attacking him, let alone murder him. "You don't mind if I stick 'round, do ya?" She did not want to overstay her welcome if Xavier wanted to be alone.

Whatever his answer was, she added "I don't think whatever you saw is 'round anymore. If it was, we'd probably have heard it or been attacked by now."

Current date/time is Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:35 am