Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Shady Dealings

Post by Zs'Skayr on Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:38 am

TIME: 1:30
    DATE: MARCH 8TH, YEAR FOUR

Between the hours of 1 am and 2, it seemed a perfect time to be out. For the alien, at least. For this morn would be an interesting one, the man wearing the scarf and trench-coat returning to the area he was originally found, going down the street into a secluded place where no one was around, the gleam of the street-lights barely hit, and the homeless and poor dared not venture. His eyes glowed a bright magenta in the darkness, showing exactly where he was when he walked through the darkened area. A little farther... Zs'Skayr thought as he continued down the walkway towards an abandoned building.

The fence still held, and the building looked old and decrepit. An old, small hospital, it seemed, or something else... whatever it was, it appeared to have housed people--beds were seen in the windows and some toys indicating children had been present--many children. A somewhat twisted display, considering what may be done soon. Looking over his shoulder, Zs'Skayr glared at anyone who may be watching, and when he was surely alone, he entered the building and stayed in the main area. Looking around, he found a candle, broken in half upon the ground and he picked it up and lit it, placing it in the window to indicate someone was in there. Who? Surely, the Judge could tell...

The watch he wore, a gold watch of high price, ticked softly as the hour became 1:33 in the morning. He had upheld his part of the bargain, Judge, now it was your turn to show up.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Shady Dealings

Post by Fear on Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:02 am

So the bored one approaches...

"You are late," came a familiar hiss. Ask and you shall receive, the Dark Judge emerging from the shadows like a creature of nightmares. The slits in his helm brightly shone through the darkness and the lower portion of his body was partially visible from a nearby street light outside, an eerie orange glow softly filling the room. Flickering candlelight only seemed to make things worse, the room's shadows seemingly gliding around the vicinity as if capable with minds of their own. "I see you have yet to turn around and reconsider my proposition. Good, very good... I have no use for the cowardly or the weak of heart." There will be uses for this peculiar individual, make no mistake. For now, though, Judge Fear kept his distance and saw no reason to further approach. Instead, the ghoul reached out with a clawed hand and beckoned his company over.

The man before him said he was able to acquire bodies - to possess - and that certainly had the ghoul's malignant interest. He wanted to see the feat performed for his own two eyes before agreeing to anything, however. "Relinquish the sinner and give them to me," Judge Fear requested. Give them, for their wickedness has gone on for long enough.

Give them, for the shadows were starting to become restless...

Zs'Skayr
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Zs'Skayr on Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:59 pm

"Late?... Hrm, I apologize then..."

Well, he thought he was right on time, but then again, this Fear fellow was an odd one. Either way, he made it in one piece, and he was here was the point. One would normally feel actual fear at this point, but Zs'Skayr was calm and collected. Surely, he knew this person was powerful enough to destroy him? But, he had no reason to, did he? As for being cowardly and weak of heart? He let out a hoarse chuckle, "despite current events, I see no reason to be such. I am not unfamiliar in dealings of this sort of thing." The bony finger beckoned him to come over, and he took a few steps closer.

Give the sinner unto them, for they are to be judged. What a poetic notion.

"Of course, as promised..." he said as the alien shifted out of the human, the man falling to the ground, shaking and weak. Zs'Skayr disappeared for the time being, however, and would be watching from the shadows. The man, though, was in front of you, Fear, just as promised. His mind was weak and his body, too, but he managed to stand up, eyes trying to focus in the darkness, coughing tiredly. "...W...where am I?..." he asked before his eyes adjusted to the dark, seeing Judge Fear and stepping back promptly. "Wh-Who are you?? Where am I? What did you do to me!?"

The man clutched his heart, his weakened heart, and coughed again as he tried to find the door. But alas, he was too weak to run, and he fall back in a stupor onto the hard floor. "What do you want from me?? Money? I don't have a lot! J-just let me leave, please! I'll do anything!" The poor man begged for his life! Something the Judge would most likely enjoy.

What now, Judge? What is the verdict of this sinner's soul?
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:26 am

Being punctual to a meeting was a must, but the Dark Judge was otherwise delighted to see that his present company had not gotten cold feet. An interesting creature, this Zs'Skayr... Interesting, because it wasn't the usual sinner Judge Fear was used to dealing with. It was hard to tell if the entity was living or dead, but perhaps that will all be revealed in due time. Now, however, was the time for judgement.

"Where you are is not important," did the ghoul hiss, stepping out entirely from the shadows. Gaze upon his lawful person and let despair claim you, sinner! He reached out with both hands and held them up menacingly, the 2.3 meters Dark Judge impressive compared to his trembling prey. "And as for I? You need only know that you are in capable hands." Because your death will be swift and clean. And, most of all, it will be painful. The ghoul pointed a yellowed nail at his random John Doe and issued a harsh command to the shadows all around. "Claim his life in the name of justice! Let him taste the flames of righteousness and writhe in agony for his sins!" And so it was decreed, shadowy beasts rapidly flocking toward their quarry.

Darkness consumed the man in mere moments, where only the frightened whites of his eyes could be seen from the pulsating shroud. Oh how he screamed, oh how he suffered... The Dark Judge openly hissed and felt absolutely satisfied as the man's very life was squeezed out of him. "Ah, how good it feels to regain one's power..." It wasn't a complete recovery but it was a start.

With a nonchalant claw Judge Fear dismissed his apparitions away, the shades once again melding into their surroundings. "You have been judged," he stated, verdict given.

The sinner was nothing more than a pallid mockery of what he once was, eyes set deeply into his skull and cheeks sunken.

Zs'Skayr
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Zs'Skayr on Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:41 am

And as the Judge began to sink his verdict into the man, a scream echoed through-out the outer district, and abruptly ended with a hideous and inhuman noise emitting from the now disgusting corpse that was before him. It was interesting to see the power the Dark Judge held, and to know what he could do, it wasn't terrifying to Zs'Skayr, but he was quite envious, as since being here, his power declined rapidly, much to the alien's disappointment. Either way, the deed was done, and the alien emerged from the shadows for the Judge to look upon him.

He had a rather reaper visage, but he would assure the judge that he was by no means the reaper, despite him delivering such a person to their death, so to speak. "Quaint," he said, poking the man's body with his scythe, "unfortunately, this means I will have to find a new host, but this is thankfully of little trouble, as there are many humans here with weak minds to succumb to my power." Zs'Skayr turned to Judge Fear and gripped his scythe with his clawed hands tightly, "as you can see, I have delivered what I had promised..."

Now was the time to continue the deal. "Do you wish for more 'sinners' to judge? For more fools to be brought unto you without the annoyance of coming here and searching for them, drawing attention to yourself?..." he questioned, looking back at the corpse, "you want to do 'justice', while I am bored and 'weak'. Why don't you and I form a deal... a partnership, so to speak?..." Zs'Skayr turned his head back to Fear, leaning over as his scythe was placed near the helm, just barely touching it.

"I bring you sinners. In exchange, I merely request one thing... one of your power, of shadow control and darkness, you would perhaps know of something to prevent the sun from bothering the skin? Burning? If that is able to be diminished or controlled, I would gladly help in your cause..." this was a simple request, no? A shadow controller such as Fear knew of something like that, right? And in turn, Zs'Skayr would be also gaining some power back. If he had to work for it, he would... for how long, though, it would depend...

What say you, Fear? Care to do this simple deal, or do you have more to add?
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:26 am

So this was Zs'Skayr in the flesh... Well, whatever it was that covered the entity's person. The Dark Judge placed his victim's gurgled screams for help into memory and gazed upon the exposed Zs'Skayr without hesitation. "I see there is a common motif as of late," he hissed, noting the creature's rather grim appearance. Another aspect of death, perhaps? Or one that simply emulates a worthwhile cause? Maybe and maybe not, but there was no denying that Portal Breach had its fair share of colourful recent additions to its populace. "Yes, you have indeed delivered what you had promised me." And it was nothing more than an appetizer of what was to come, to say the least.

Curiously, the creature indicated that boredom was a motive behind his actions tonight. Weakness, as well. Both were easily manipulated and Zs'Skayr certainly had his... uses. Naturally the ghoul could not resist an offer to purge additional sinners and to purge them swiftly, although he did pretend to give it some thought. Judge Fear may be a zealous individual, and hasty back in his prime, but Portal Breach was vastly different.

"Whether I am spotted or not during a righteous cleansing is of no immediate consequence to me," Judge Fear evenly replied. It's not as if his current uniform was at all discreet. "This having been said," he continued, briefly casting a cursory glance at Zs'Skayr's scythe before back at its owner, "I am not ignorant to those who wish to dispose of this vessel. A mutual partnership is in our best interest." The word, our, could have meant two things: A), Judge Fear was referring to both himself and Zs'Skayr; and B), the Dark Judge was not working alone. He didn't bother to elaborate any further and instead paid more attention to the finer details surrounding Zs'Skayr's reward. So the creature wanted something to protect himself from the sun's merciless rays... Not an outrageous request, but it was one that will require some dabbling into far darker arts. The ghoul was no stranger to the occult, being a risen undead himself, although he oftentimes had relied on his brothers and sisters.

Could it be possible to repay this debt as Zs'Skayr had asked?

Recalling that he had enlisted the aid of death cult lite, Judge Fear soon had a fitting answer for his brief partner. "Bring me a hundred sinners, not a soul less, and I shall bestow upon you immunity to the day," agreed the Dark Judge. But why stop at such a paltry number? "Bring me more, and we can continue to discuss additional... payment." You know, Judge Fear was starting to think he was getting the hang of mortal negotiations. Won't K.A.R.R. be real pleased?

Zs'Skayr
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Zs'Skayr on Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:59 pm

Zs'Skayr didn't really seem surprised at the request. In fact, he placed a claw to his mouth in thought, and even shrugged lightly, "100, you say?" Rhetorical question, of course. Such a feat would be difficult, but certainly doable. Plus, it would give him a haunting reputation, or at least spring forth some interesting gossip, no? How fun. "Such a feat is possible. And, even if I get what I want in return, I see no real reason to stop delivering 'sinners' to you." What would be the point? Quitting once he got what he wanted was ideal to most, but hey, it would be more fun to keep killing people off. Who was Zs'Skayr to care of their fate when he was the one leading them to the slaughter?

"I will accept these terms, but you must be patient, as it will take some time to collect people of a vast amount. However..." he scratched his neck slightly before holding out his scythe, pointing to the surroundings, "you wish for me to deliver them here? In the city? The outer district is free of prying eyes, this I know and have heard, but to keep doing such here could lead to trouble. Are there other various areas outside of this city to use? I have not left this place yet, and it would be wise to do such things in various places..."

Staying in one place wasn't really a good thing to do. It wouldn't be fully safe, especially if someone happened to come by and hear the screams. Better to be cautious than irritated, right?
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:45 pm

He must be patient? While the Dark Judge was a sadistic fiend hellbent on committing omnicide, he was, thankfully, not a certain Judge Death. The ghoul hissed and could wait however long was necessary, as time was a meaningless concept to him. "You are permitted to work at your desired pace so long as the results are consistent," stated a rather accommodating Judge Fear. If Zs'Skayr could offer a regular supply of sinners needing judgement and repeatedly prove his use, the Dark Judge would not find his generosity spurned and thus forced to manage the loose ends himself.

Let Jak Mar's incompetence and resulting death be of example.

"This city's Outer District is ripe with sinners. Until it is completely drained of wickedness and left to atone for its crimes, I cannot ignore its glaring profanity," the Dark Judge answered. While it was true that garnering too much attention will evolve into something more problematic, the ghoul was bound to his oath regardless of persistent threats. He could not die and, thus, was completely unafraid of any sinner known to Portal Breach.

This having been stated, Judge Fear was also not ignorant. There were those on this world who sought to eternal pests, and he would rather they remain in the dark until it was their time of reckoning. "We start here and will work swiftly under the protections of cloak and dagger operations," the ghoul added. Deceit, mystery, stoking the flames of paranoia and fear... The Dark Judge and his latest accomplice need not reveal their hands while dealing the first blow to this iniquitous hellhole. Why not let the sinners do all the psychological terrorizing for them? After a well-placed nudge on Judge Fear's and Zs'Skayr's parts, of course. Why, they could even incriminate some hapless individual if the two so wanted! Imagine it... Imagine, if the sinners in this forsaken dump began to lynch their neighbours and devour their own children.

Mm, how positively delightful...

But the Dark Judge was getting far ahead of himself and would prefer to deal with the present, as opposed to wonderful daydreams. "You have your orders, Zs'Skayr," Judge Fear hissed. "Return to me with sinners so that they may know righteousness. Our purging begins immediately." Don't disappoint.

Zs'Skayr
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Zs'Skayr on Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:45 am

Collecting one hundred citizens would be a time consuming feat, but not a painfully boring one. With the various ways to wrap the minds of citizens, it would be quite fun, if he could dare say such. But to stay within this district... hm... though it would be easy to collect the drunken, weak minded fools that wandered here, perhaps he could prove to the Judge exactly what he was capable of, and get a few other citizens outside of the area. "Of course," the alien agreed, but deep down, knew what else could be done. "I will try to bring you a person or persons, between the number of 1 and 6, every week until the debt is repaid." Note the word 'try' in there! Don't twists his words around, Fear.

He had his orders, hm? He gave a small look of disdain at such, but he allowed it to pass. Though he was not the kind to really accept orders from anyone, he would do so for now, to save his skin and also keep himself on good terms with this... man. Best not to make enemies here, it seemed, from what he had heard in the Sanctuary. "I shall take my leave then, and prepare for you a small gathering of people within the next few days..." he bowed, arms open in a calm and understanding way, by no means making fun of the Judge (why would he?). With this part done, it was now time to leave, and head out to do what the man had said.

Slipping through the walls undeterred, Zs'Skayr flew off into the night with his mind focused on the task at hand. This would take a while, but he would make it as fun as possible.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:12 pm