580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Beware the Bagged Sugar

Post by K.A.R.R. on Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:31 am

Time: 8:55 AM
    Date: January 7, 0004

...Cause Spooky Scary Skeletons shout startling shrilly screams,
    They'll sneak from their sarcophagus and just won't leave you be!

The lax, hollow sound of a xylophone and a male signer's voice drifted about KARR's cabin as his sleek form drove over country road and highway alike. At dawn they had risen, gathering what funds and supplies they needed before racing off onto the highway. With the two-toned vehicle's haste, their travel appeared to be a race against the rising sun, turbines screaming loudly as they weaved through traffic in a shimmering blur headed by a single glaring amber light. So quick was their travel that the sun had hardly moved a noticeable distance from the horizon by the time they reached the outlying areas of the city.

KARR's engine dwindled to a low rumble as they entered the ghettos, cruising about through the dilapidated streets before coming to a halt under the crimson glow of a stoplight. "These repairs should not take too long." KARR commented idly as he waited for the light, observing a few pedestrians as they crossed. As tempting as it was to disable and kill them before the light could change, the AI decided it better to refrain from getting any questionable fluids on his paneling. "When they are completed, I will return to you." Unless the ghoul had other plans should things not go as they intended regarding their search.

Scanning over his interior, the AI confirmed there was an ample supply of credits within his glove compartment for payment. Otherwise he concluded that the rest of what Judge Fear would need would be on his person, unless there was something that slipped his processors. Which reminded him... "If the mercenary does appear again, I suggest you retreat to the inner city limits until I return." He advised methodically.  Even with the ghoul's regained strength, he still had only one body to use, and there were no spares to be found back on their humble farm.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Beware the Bagged Sugar

Post by Fear on Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:11 am

The ghoul was beginning to think that K.A.R.R. had a thing for this particular song...

Having a supercharged vehicle for a ride certainly had its perks. They were both nearing Portal City's less desirable quarter in record time and, soon, the two agents of death will be forced to split ways. The Dark Judge had also noted the random pedestrians crossing their paths; like his cohort, however, he knew better than to instigate anything so early.

"Take as long as you need for your repairs," the ghoul hissed. "It is likely that my investigation will not yield results in the first hour." When prompted by the advanced machine and upon hearing the driver's side unlock, Judge Fear stepped out and at last entered the world proper. Ah, the ghettos... There were many of poor, wretched souls who begged to be judged. He will get to them in due course. Turning back to K.A.R.R. and reaching for something near his utility belt, the undead lawman tossed an extra satchel of credits into the automobile's cockpit. "Should you current funds not be enough," he explained. Just in case, as it was imperative that K.A.R.R. be brought several upgrades closer to optimum function.

Enough, it was now time and work needed to be done. "Fret not about the mercenary. If our paths cross and I find myself in need of assistance, I will abscond from any confrontation." The Dark Judge preferred to judge whoever dared to challenge his right to authority, but Portal Breach stubbornly thought otherwise.

Besides, Judge Fear would rather keep this head attached to this body.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 53

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:04 am

It was a catchy song to be sure, but nothing for the AI to get hung up over, a few moments longer and the radio station would change to another tune, or perhaps the weather forecast for the day. KARR idly waited for the light to change, listening to his driver's hissing words all the same. "Very well." KARR replied. Once the light turned green, the AI drove onward to a parking lot. Navigating about the parked cars, he tooka  spot to the back where one would question how a vehicle was driving without a person in the driver's seat before pulling into a vacant space. There was a small click as the door unlocked, the Dark Judge free to move about and on his way. "Good luck on your endeavor, once my errand is finished, I shall return to you." He stated as the ghoul opened the door and stepped out, but not before he tossed another small satchel of credits into the driver's seat. "Thank you." Was his grateful reply. Although he doubted that repairing some of his weapon's systems would truly cost so much to require an additional fee.

Then again, when working with armed missiles, one could never be too careful. The technician may wish for an additional cost for possibly dangerous labor.

As for Judge Fear's thoughts about the mercenary, it was slightly relieving to hear that he would not consider the pale-man's threat as a death or glory challenge, or in Judge Fear's case a "fight-until-you-need-a-new-body or death" challenge. They still had a ways to go before they could face Bloodscream on their own. "Good bye, Judge Fear. If the maintenance goes well, I should be back by mid afternoon." KARR stated, before closing the door and tinting his windows black. Even with them so close to the edge of the ISO's protection, it never hurt to keep oneself shrouded from prying eyes. With a whine of his turbines, KARR drove out of the parking lot and onto the road.

There was a Chop Shop he needed to visit.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:39 pm

And so it was... wrote:"Good bye, Judge Fear. If the maintenance goes well, I should be back by mid afternoon."

With K.A.R.R.'s sleek form no longer in sight and lacking a second set of "eyes" to monitor his progress, the Dark Judge shambled down a random street to begin searching. The mercenary's unknown contractor must be wondering where their much-sought information was by now, which played in Judge Fear's favour should they become restless. It will be difficult to locate such an individual, however. Bloodscream had left them no leads, not even a single tidbit to dissect, so that placed the ghoul back to square one: Portal City's dilapidated outer district. Either he finds this mysterious player or he stumbles upon the mercenary himself. Whatever it may be, the Dark Judge was not leaving this area without getting what he wanted.

"Hey guy, you lost?"
    Nngh, a nuisance and one so soon...

The ghoul wasn't alone as a decent-sized group of ne'er-do-wells converged upon his location. Teenagers and young adults, most likely a fledgling biker gang with something to prove. Judge Fear was hardly impressed by their questionable smirks and cracked knuckles, although he may have a purpose for them within the next few minutes. "That depends," he hissed, letting several circle him. They thought to case his person and see anything of value? Parasites. "I am looking for someone; a silver-haired man who runs this kingdom of sin."

For some odd reason that elicited laughs out from the gang, and the apparent leader just scoffed. "Bro, from what century are you from?" he ridiculed. "There ain't nobody who runs this kingdom of sin." Well then, it seems Bloodscream had been lying all along. Typical mercenary scum.

"You come from a Renaissance faire?" one thug inquired.
    "More like Renaissance reject," another grumbled. "This guy smells worse than the dumpster at the crib."
    "Think those chains are worth somethin'? It ain't gold, but somebody's gotta pay for them."

Charming.

"If you insist," did Judge Fear resign. If these sinners had no information to give him or even the simplest of directions, they were of no use to him. And if they were of no use to him... The Dark Judge shifted his gaze to the leftmost biker, the one wearing a tacky leather vest and thinking to take whatever he'd like from the ghoul's uniform. That just will not do, for stealing off a Judge's uniform was against the law. Stating to commit such a crime was also against the law, and what do you think the penalty was? The undead fiend wasted no time and reached out to this unlucky mortal, a sickly hand effortlessly phasing through the biker's chest. All it takes is but one squeeze...

Thump! ...and the sinner was dead even before hitting the ground. Naturally the biker's mates jumped back at this sudden fatality with horrified expressions, some perhaps questioning whether or not that was fresh blood coating the Dark Judge's hand.

It was.

"He has been judged," the ghoul hissed, matter-of-fact. And the rest of you miserable lot? Very soon. First things first, however... Judge Fear stepped forward and watched the gang take two steps back, several of its members pale with fright. Good, they should be. "The silver-haired man. Where is he and who was his contact. Tell me, and I may spare the rest of you." An effortless lie, to be sure.

"Y-You ain't gonna get nothin'!" the gang's leader cried, a shaky hand reaching for his firearm.

Pathetic sinner weapon; more aggravating than it was threatening. Soon the Dark Judge was staring down the barrel of a gun, and what came next was no surprise. Bang, bang, bang! Bullets flew, straight and true, and the ghoul felt two or three projectiles enter his person. There was no pain, as was one of the many gifts offered through undeath; although a highly unpleasant smell permeated from his fresh wounds. Judge Fear was starting to think that he ought to invest in a more sturdy fabric for his future uniforms. "Correction," he hissed, unhooking one mantrap off his hip and giving its chain a playful twirl. "I am going to acquire everything from you."

WHAP! WHAP! WHAP!
    He was rather going to enjoy this day, the fiend could already tell.
    Bloodscream
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Bloodscream on Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:59 pm

It was time to lay down the law, something you no doubt would greatly appreciate so proclaimed Dark "Judge". If this went badly, the retribution was going to be much worse than simply having, say, your friend keyed or a potato shoved up his exhaust pipe.  Not that Bloodscream couldn't appreciate a good killing, because he could, he really could. Especially if those being killed were useless wastes, however Bloodscream had declared himself King of the outer district in order to protect certain assets. He had better start acting the part if he expected others to take him seriously and keep their noses out of the area.

WHAP! WHAP! WHAP!
    The immortal eyed the man traps from behind his shades, he was already very familiar the devices, and had no desire to become anymore familiar. However if nothing could be done...

One would think that thou wouldst know better than to cause such a scene so openly. Especially where Bloodscream could see them.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:21 pm

And there the man of the hour was...

"You are late," greeted a deep, resonating voice. Fingernails stained in crimson and toenails very much the same, Judge Fear was currently occupied with a lanky young man; who, to be fair, was feebly tugging upon several thick lines of metal enveloping his throat. "I will see to your needs in a moment," the ghoul hissed at what one could only assume was Bloodscream. The minor delay should not take too long, as the wannabe thug was presently in-between his last croaks. A few spit-ridden hacks there, several wet coughs here, and... finally.

The sinner's body became effortlessly lax and heavy, thereby allowing the Dark Judge to lighten his grip around the chains. "Rejoice, for you have been judged." Fairly routine work by now, wouldn't you say?

Finished with both this cherry-faced mortal and this fruitful session, Judge Fear glanced up from his most recent victim to lock stares with a certain silver-haired mercenary. "I have no fear of retaliation or attack," did the ghoul boldly claim. Let the wicked see his work and tremble, for they were soon to be next. It was unfortunate to say that Bloodscream would not be amongst them, however. "I have been searching for you, mercenary. In your haste to refuse judgement and continue with your indecent choices, you left behind something important." Sound familiar? The Dark Judge finished reeling in his bloodstained chain and casually gestured to the amassed pile of bodies off to his left. "Consider this a down payment for what is to come," he further elaborated, vocally pleased about something or other. It was best not to question the ghoul's sincerity...

"I have what you seek, mercenary, but it is no longer yours to appropriate." Let it just be mentioned that Judge Fear had not forgotten about Bloodscream's charming threat back at the forest. The Dark Judge was rather fond of this head, you see. "The one who hired you for the task regarding Lochlann - I demand to have an audience with them. You, mercenary, will bring them to me." And in the event that you become stubborn and refuse the ghoul's request?

Admire that nice collection of lukewarm bodies for a second longer. Perhaps you can glean the proper answer from their lifeless stares.
    Bloodscream
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Bloodscream on Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:28 am

Dark Judge Judy wrote:"You are late,"

Oh was that right? So the Dark Judge had been waiting for him had he? Judge Fear finished off the vagabonds and turned his attention over to Bloodscream. "Judged". Hmph. Bloodscream suspected that all of Fears "judgements" ended in death. Judge Fear now gave his full attention to the immortal. He did not fear retaliation did he? How very fool hardy, just because Bloodscream considered himself a professional, that did not mean that he would not part the judge from his limbs.

He did not like the judge after all.

"You 'demand' do you?" You think that those lifeless stares were enough to scare the immortal? Bloodscream had closed enough eyes in his day, had turned enough stares lifeless.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:40 am

The feeling was mutual, mercenary. The Dark Judge was willing to wager that Bloodscream had not purged an entire world as he had, thus rendering any figurative plonker-measuring contest moot. "Did I stutter?" hissed the ghoul. Typical mercenary; too dense to get right down to business and too prideful to actually get anywhere else. Judge Fear had no time for such nonsense, despite his otherwise immortal existence.

"I have what your contractor seeks - something you were not able to provide." What do you think will happen, Bloodscream, when your mysterious employer found that you could not deliver their goods? Favour belonged to the Dark Judge on this day. "You may choose to stonewall my request and think yourself immovable," the fiend continued, "but such contumacy will not aid you forever. Your contractor will grow restless and when they do, having realized your failure, they will seek recompense." The penalty, of which, could either be death or possible torture through much hoped leisurely means. But knowing the hesitation these iniquitous citizens were notorious for when it concerned justice... it was doubtful that the mercenary would be punished for his incompetence. There was a slim chance, however. Everything depended on the individual who had hired Bloodscream, be they a sadistic entity or one who could easily let bygones be bygones.

That was if the mercenary would actually comply and bring them...
    Bloodscream
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Bloodscream on Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:03 pm

From behind his sunglasses the immortal glared, Bloodscream did not like being put at a disadvantage. He certainly did not like being proven wrong or failing to do a job. But what the Judge was saying was correct, if he did not acquire the information, then they would be unable to proceed with dealing with that demon.

Thou speak much of things thou knoweth nothing about. However specter, I shall consent that thee indeed doth have what I need. I shall contact the one you seek, Whether or not the prince would allow Fear to escape alive though, Bloodscream could not promise. If the judge approached the prince in the same matter he did Bloodscream, more than likely not.

If the judge behaved the same, no doubt he would likely be the picture of sainthood and respect once the prince arrived. A shame. Still, once this was over with Bloodscream would have no use for the Judge. Perhaps he would indulge himself in a little cathartic exercise.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:01 pm

The feeling was mutual, immortal or not.

"So be it, mercenary. I shall await your contractor's arrival here," Judge Fear stated. It was precious to think that anyone could wrench the ghoul from undeath, as it was impossible to kill what does not live. Regardless, the Dark Judge's behaviour will remain the same or alter depending on the circumstances presented before him. He was not, after all, a stupid man. Or spirit, rather. "Make haste; the entity you wish to study or destroy moves at an insatiable pace. The longer we waste time with semantics and pleasantries, the longer we are unable to deal with the demon's furtive advances. I needn't remind you what it did to the fishing village of Lochlann." And of what happened to its inhabitants.
    Bloodscream
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Bloodscream on Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:19 am

This conversation was no doubt going to be lovely. No matter, Bloodscream would take whatever awaited him with his held high, and without lying. He was not so much a coward that he would simply tuck his tail between his legs and try to exaggerate the facts in order to make himself seem better. No doubt it would lower his image in the Prince's eyes. But to be seen as a cowardly liar? He would rather cut off both of his own hands by himself, again.

The Dark Judge wrote:"Make haste; the entity you wish to study or destroy moves at an insatiable pace. The longer we waste time with semantics and pleasantries, the longer we are unable to deal with the demon's furtive advances. I needn't remind you what it did to the fishing village of Lochlann."

You need not remind me of how dangerous that entity is. Bloodscream had been the one to see the world on fire after all. Not here, there is a building yonder two blocks, the door bears a red stripe. Wait there and we shall come to thee. Wait right out there in the open, where anyone could see them conducting business, what sort of fool did such a thing?
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:11 pm

A fool who wished to send a message to all who could see. Let the living talk, let the living tremble; nothing mattered, for death will come for them all in the end. A pity this mercenary was more concerned about image than he was actually going about his business properly. Nevertheless, Judge Fear resigned himself to do as instructed. "I expect you both in no less than an hour," the ghoul rasped, making his exit.

The Dark Judge left Bloodscream without further word, leathery heels striding across both concrete and asphalt as he made his way deeper into the outer district. Such neglect, such rampant crime... Everywhere the undead fiend looked there were either hooligans or thugs looking for an opportunity; an excuse to commit more wicked acts. If not ne'er do wells, then vagrants who were loitering about with nothing to do and nowhere to go. The ghoul in particular took note of a nearby group of teenagers, most of them no older than seventeen, and he watched them pretend to hustle and exchange illicit goods. Guns, minor drugs, falsified identification cards; perfect reasons for him to enact justice accordingly. For a moment his hands twitched, vision tunneling, but not yet. Perhaps after he had finished his affairs with the mercenary's contractor he will return and pay them a visit. Yes, perhaps. He left the underage criminals with a soft crack of his cape and crossed the street leading toward Bloodscream's rendezvous.

It was time to find red-striped door and, ultimately, the mysterious contractor... Then, and only then, will the ghoul be satisfied enough to share what he had experienced in the sleepy village of Lochlann.
    Bloodscream
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Bloodscream on Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:06 am

Dark Judge Fear wrote:"I expect you both in no less than an hour,"

If there was one thing that Bloodscream was, it was punctual, even when dealing with this loathsome judge. He left Fear to wander off and find the building, while he returned to Deaths Ace and worked out the issue of contacting the Prince. And no, he did not leave out any details. Bloodscream was a man, not some whimpering coward who could not face up to their own faults! Peh! He would take his lickings like a reasonable adult, because it was through his own fault they had to endure this embarrassment.

It would be short lived anyways, the immortal did not forget slights against him. The Dark Judge would pay for his behavior.

An hour exactly passed and as it did Bloodscream came to stand in front of the door with the Prince. Should this be a trap, the building was chosen for its lack of activity. The homeless do not like this part of town, and avoid it. There shall be no one around should things turn ugly. And therefore no reason to hold back.
    Prixlezub
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Prixlezub on Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:48 pm

Contacted and summoned, Prixlezub had made his way down to the Outer district post haste. For all that had been gone over with the mercenary however, he would have thought that his particular skills would be above this foolishness. In fact, he had not expected Bloodscream to find such a candidate that could use fear itself as a weapon without contacting him! He knew better than to think that their decision of using this Judge Fear person was a mere fluke, they knew who they had sent in. What he could not fathom however, was why the two had not thought to save this particular ghoul for a better purpose instead of merely stirring the beast within Lochlann? He had thought a Queen and a King would know better, but titles given are not titles earned.

Their mistake would be brought up later, for now, he had an informant to speak with but not in the manner they likely would have presumed.

Alongside Bloodscream strode a man in a dark business suit, offset by a dark crimson tie and navy blue shirt. His dark hair was cut short and neat, while his tan face wore a serious scowl that appeared to have been made permanent from long years of hard thinking. As they came to a stop in front of the red door, the prince turned to look at the immortal as he spoke. The house was abandoned, none traveled or squatted here and was generally avoided. Good, then none would miss it should it be destroyed.

"Very well." He rumbled, "It is a shame events have turned the way they have, but one would hope our hired hand would have have more sense than to think and double cross us." If not, there were always alternatives. Another was mentioned to have gone alongside this Judge to the village, a machine. They would undoubtedly have the information they seek if things took a turn for the worst.

Until then, they could do nothing but await the ghoul's arrival.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:27 pm

They were here... and on time, too. How thoughtful of them.

If the mercenary had been expecting to find the Dark Judge waiting at the front of the door for all to see, he will sadly be mistaken. Judge Fear was nowhere to be seen, not even so much as a trace of his outlandish uniform, leaving both mercenary and contractor to stand before an otherwise questionable door and its red stripe. Patience... Neither of the two men had been abandoned or crudely given the stiff shoulder. On the contrary, things were about to become exciting...

A loud and jarring creak originated from the door itself as its lock mysteriously turned, handle fidgeting. With one sharp tug the entrance fell away and invited Bloodscream and his companion to step right in, although no one had been standing on the other side. Darkness, rather... Nothing but darkness greeted the two businessmen as a foul and sickly aroma wafted to their nostrils. It was the smell of the diseased. It was the smell of a corpse. It was the smell...

...of death.

And death, gentlemen, had taken a particular interest in meeting you on this fine, wonderful day. Well, one of you.

Bloodscream... whispered a voice, its pitch deep and resonating. No one save for the two men were able to hear this disembodied beckoning, as the random souls around this level made no indication of being aware. Indeed, it was even difficult to discern whether or not this mysterious tone was heard at all. Was this a trick of the mind or of the ear? Ah, but this was not important. I see you have made well on your word. Good. Come inside and head up the stairs. I eagerly await the introduction of your well-tailored companion. The shadows within the darkened hall parted like that of a velvet curtain, light from the outside world at last granted passage into the building. As for your shadows, however... They were, oddly, absent. Well, gentlemen? It was best not to keep one waiting.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:10 pm