Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    140/140  (140/140)
    Stamina Bar:
    19/19  (19/19)

Re: WHERE ARE YOU MY DEARS?

Post by Lord Death on Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:03 am

Dum dee dum, a pause, while the dead one and the mechanical one discussed whatever it was they discussed. Either out of politeness or sheer disinterest, Death tuned out of their words, excluding them from conscious notice and thus from the unforgiving nature of his perfect memory. Their words would not be read back at a later date and examined for possible insult, that was something beneath his attention. If he had been listening, they might be examined for hidden meanings, but that was immaterial as he was not in fact listening. He spent the pause looking over the undead and accompaniment, trying to figure out what on earth the robotic one was. It had wheels, and could talk, but that was about all he could figure out. How did it move? Did the dead one pull it with some hidden rope?

But now he'd been asked a question, and while the wheeled one continued to speak, Death briefly considered how to answer.

TO BE THERE AT THE END OF THE UNIVERSE IS MY CALLING, MY PURPOSE. WHETHER IT IS CREEPING AND SLOW, OR SUDDEN AND VIOLENT, I AM TO BE THERE, ASSISTING IN WHAT WAYS THAT I CAN. THE LIVING ARE AN IMPEDIMENT, AND THEIR ENDS SHOULD COME QUICKER THAN THE REST.

As for the first part of the question, that was harder and easier to answer, at the same time.

AS FOR MY CREED, I AM DEATH. I EXIST SO THAT DEATH MAY BE DEALT TO THE LIVING, IN SUCH WAYS AS THOSE THAT DEAL IT WISH, WHETHER THAT INVOLVES MY HELP DIRECTLY OR NOT.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:19 am

As tempting as it was to let this Death aimlessly wander around and peer through people's windows, Judge Fear knew an interesting ace in the hole when he saw one. To let this skeleton mosey on its way and not consider its potential was, well... stupid! K.A.R.R., you'll have to simply bite the pillow on this one. Let's hear what the lovely alternate Death has to say, hmm?

Grud wrote:THE LIVING ARE AN IMPEDIMENT, AND THEIR ENDS SHOULD COME QUICKER THAN THE REST.
    Bless wrote:WHETHER IT IS CREEPING AND SLOW, OR SUDDEN AND VIOLENT...
    You wrote:I EXIST SO THAT DEATH MAY BE DEALT TO THE LIVING, IN SUCH WAYS AS THOSE THAT DEAL IT WISH...
    Mmmmmyes, that'll do just nicely.

It was a bit tricky, you know. It was a bit tricky, because Judge Fear had sworn away his immortal soul to Death long, long ago. Well, perhaps not this exact Death... but death was death, was it not? He would never forsake his brotherhood, not for all the righteous purging in the known universe, but the ghoul's oath could not be broken.

Such a notion was inconceivable. Therefore...

"Then it is settled," the ghoul immediately stated. Nope, this was not a joke. But a cat? Judge Fear glanced down at his ally and further added, "Unless that feline fell into a vat of dead fluids and wished to dispose of the living as much as I do, no." Besides, a cat would do nothing more than distract the cultists back home and prompt them to take cutesy pictures with it. Ugh, deplorable. The Dark Judge gazed back at Death and mentally deliberated on how to go about this. Admittedly, the skeleton was an awfully literal fellow... Saying too much was unwise, and saying too little? Well... best to keep it succinct. "What happens to this world is not within my jurisdiction, only that the living have met their ends - be it through my hands or another's. You are a debt collector and one that arrives after the facts; I am an auditor and one that arrives before those facts," he stated. That was good enough. Now, for the choice that was mentioned earlier.

Judge Fear gestured with a clawed hand to say, "I offer you the chance to follow me. Where I go, there will shortly be death." You are not my brother, but you shall suffice during the interim. "Should you accept my proposition, you will find the names and faces that you seek. You will find all of them, as my work is professional and thorough."

The term, "follow", could be used loosely, strictly, or something in-between.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:29 pm

Alas, it appeared the ghoul did not share the AI's sentiments, his silence telling. In the meantime the skeletal wanderer took the opportunity to answer Judge Death's question. From what could be discerned, apparently this being was indeed interested in killing instead of merely informing the dead of their departure and looking after their... Cat. Very well, Judge Fear, you managed to ease the AI's worries somewhat with your acquaintance's answer.

Somewhat.

If the skeleton agreed and did anything to incite the vehicle's wrath however, there was nothing to keep Death from being abruptly ejected out of KARR's passenger seat or used as a parking space. Not that he would express such thoughts right now exactly, as there still appeared to be some smaller details to work out. Nothing that was too complex, to be sure.

"Given that our acquaintance mentioned an affinity for looking after the animals of the deceased, it was only logical to wonder if you had any... hidden interests." KARR replied, a hint of amusement in his tone. Regardless, having a cat on the farm would not be to the AI's interests anyway, or their interests of currently gaining power. KARR was content to listen to the rest of what the Dark Judge had to say, his own suspicions solidly confirmed at the mention of having this version of Death follow them around and help with their goals, and they would gain their names and faces.

He may as well, in this world he may just see them again once they were done dealing justice.

However, there was one more condition that the AI wished to present to his driver. "If this Death will indeed follow us, he sits in the passenger seat." KARR stated evenly. As far as he was concerned the driver's seat was reserved for Judge Fear.
    Lord Death
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 9

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    140/140  (140/140)
    Stamina Bar:
    19/19  (19/19)

Post by Lord Death on Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:20 am

These two moved much too fast for him. He would be able to go over their words later, but the abrupt settlement of whatever it was that the Judge proclaimed jolted Death slightly, in that he had no real idea why it had been said more than the fact that it was out of context or anything. He was sure it was in context, just not entirely sure what the context was. He was likely to remain in the dark for a while until he could puzzle it through himself, given how unsuccessful the majority of explanations were in either direction where he was involved.

I WILL FOLLOW YOU, IN WHATEVER WAY IS DEEMED NECESSARY, UNTIL I FIND MY BROTHERS AND SISTER ONCE AGAIN. IS THIS ACCEPTABLE?

Pause for a moment, then:

NOW, WHAT IS A PASSENGER SEAT?

The last directed at the one with wheels. Death had in fact seen an automobile before, and even driven a motorcycle, but there was a vast difference between seeing the wrecks of modern cars filled with people desperately in need of his attention and seeing one in perfect working order that could also speak, and had no dead people that needed attention, as the only corpse in the vicinity was beyond his help. Have fun explaining that, or not, as you wish. The latter was certainly easier.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:44 am

Of course, K.A.R.R.! If this Death so much as back-sassed you to the point of no return, Judge Fear was simply going to observe how an ejection seat worked. Most likely it would be bloody brilliant and Death, here, may never forgive the automobile until Judgement Day itself. Still, brilliant.

"It is acceptable," the Dark Judge hissed. Personally, Judge Fear knew that Death had as much a chance of finding his brothers and sister as the ghoul had - zero. Or, if he were more optimistic, 0.0000001%. And then zero. Of course, both of these eternal entities had nothing to fret over in regards to time. So what if it took, say, a hundred years in this place to find a brother? That was plenty worth a shot, wasn't it? Oh, if only the RPers were so lucky... "You may follow us until then," the ghoul reiterated. Now, as for what a passenger seat was? Judge Fear glanced over at K.A.R.R. and then back at Death, silent. Probably best to let the actual vehicle do the talking on this one, you think? He shrugged and answered his ally with an even, "I have no objections." Hell, K.A.R.R. could have put Death in the boot for all he cared.

Alright! Business was squared away and it was time for action, the Dark Judge wanting his quota of sinners met for the day.

The ghoul turned about and took his place near K.A.R.R.'s driver's side door, patiently waiting to be let in. "My partner will explain to you what a passenger seat is on the way to Portal City," he hissed. Should be quite the discussion, a literal mind that processed everything in a sequence versus a literal mind that computed at a speed faster than any sinner alive. Suddenly made the driver's seat the best seat in the house.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:15 pm

Until he had found his lost brothers, hm? Given the luck that both he and the ghoul had with finding both brother and inferior counterpart, odds were that Death would be following them for a rather lengthy time. Unless they decided to find some curiosity in the fishing village of Lochalnn. There both of them had found their counterparts, but not exactly as they intended to be or they imagined. Save for KITT's apparition, the copy was his usual arrogant self, despite his change in programming, surprisingly enough. KARR stayed silent as his driver ended negotiations with an acceptance of this incarnation's terms.

As for the skeleton's next inquiry, the AI was slightly surprised that they decided to acknowledge something so... Simple. "The passenger seat is the seat you will be sitting in." KARR replied matter-of-factly. As Judge Fear took his place at the driver's side door, the AI allowed the ghoul access with a click and a hiss of hydraulics, the door opening to allow him inside. With it, a warm glow of the vehicle's dashboard greeted him, gauges, buttons and displays winking in the dark of KARR's cabin.

As for Death, the AI opened the passenger side door for him as well, the mechanics making a low hiss. However, the skeleton's side of the cabin was not so interesting as the driver's side. Only the blank, black plastic paneling that curved around to house KARR's CRT monitor's being the only thing to greet him aside from a cloth seat. Once Judge Fear was seated, KARR slammed the driver's side door shut.

"Per usual, our arrival time to Portal City's outer district will be within a half hour." KARR stated to his driver, engines rumbling as he awaited the actions of the one named Death.
    Lord Death
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 9

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    140/140  (140/140)
    Stamina Bar:
    19/19  (19/19)

Post by Lord Death on Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:42 am

Good internal guess, Mr. Fear. A literal mind that processed everything in sequence much slower than any computer ever designed with the possible exception of the very first computers, though even that much is hard to say, would indeed be a fun thing to explore if you didn't mind the little quirks that came along with it, like the fact that the mind had never sat within a car before, much less on the passenger side. As such, when the dark Judge disappeared from his place beside the mechanical being, his voice coming out of somewhere underneath it to say that the explanation would come as they traveled, Death was perplexed. About to ask if they would be walking, and if Fear would be underneath the wheeled one for the duration of the trip and what the purpose of that would be, he was interrupted by a strange shift in the wheeled one's torso, a warping that Death did not expect.

Then came a pause.

Apparently something was supposed to happen, and Death had no idea what. So he began to move to the side of the mechanical one, where the strange motion had occurred, and from which a light was being produced. He saw two seats, some incomprehensible machinery, and the Dark Judge sitting on the side opposite him. Apparently he had sat within the mechanical being. It began to dawn on Death what was going on. This was like a motorcycle, except enclosed and intelligent. So thinking, he bent, joints moving silently like well oiled metal except that there was no actual contact between the bones to make noise in the first place, and wedged himself awkwardly into the seat.

I SEE NOW. I WAS NOT AWARE THAT INTELLIGENT BEINGS COULD BE VEHICLES. MY PARDON.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:14 am

Apparently the AI's statement came at a brief bout of confusion, his microscanners observing as the skeletal wanderer seemed to simply stare at KARR instead of taking a seat. Although, if this being had modern attire for motorcycle riding, it could be assumed that he rode or owned a motorcycle for transport. Had he not come across a car on the way here, or perhaps even bothered to investigate such a vehicle? Given their straightforward if not narrow mindset, the AI figured that this Death, was perhaps too interested in his names and faces to really look about his surroundings further than a living form.

What a pity and a waste of immortality, he decided. The living themselves only lasted for so long, yet their work seemed to go on for ages if recorded. Speaking of which... If this was an incarnation of Death, tasked with taking the living and informing the dead of their newly deceased nature, he wondered if during his travels the skeletal being ever came across something similar to a motorized vehicle, a carriage. Then again, KARR lacked a pair of horses to pull himself around, and his exterior was notably harder and more armored than a cloth and wood covered carriage.

However, the creature's confusion seemed to pass when KARR had opened his doors, the skeleton slipping inside noiselessly and taking a seat. At Death's possibly apologetic statement, the AI took a slight pause. Had he thought there was another person inside the vehicle this whole time? "It is not surprising you believed my presence to be that of another human within the vehicle, not many are used to Artificial Intelligences. However, I am not the vehicle itself. I am the Knight Automated Roving Robot, you may call me KARR." He explained evenly.

Both of his passengers seated, KARR closed the passenger side door and gave his engines another eager rev before turning and driving through the field until he came to a nearby road. The moment his tires touched pavement and the open road was his, there was a small beep from his console as he shifted to Pursuit Mode and his headlights flicked on to illuminate their path. Not that they needed it, but more to keep in line with what was 'the norm'. To complete the facade and have some fun himself, the AI untinted the windows and allowed his passengers, both experienced and new, to see the road.

From then on, the road, their surroundings, even the travel time of their trip was nothing but a blur of nighttime shades and the trailing lights of vehicles that ventured during the midnight hours. KARR's turbines screaming as his speed quickly shot from a standstill to three-hundred miles an hour. Hopefully the skeleton enjoyed the hair-raising swiftness and equally quick maneuvers as much as Judge Fear did.

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:22 am