Portal Breach: The Collision of Worlds :: v.4.0


    [!] Into the Woods

    Share
    avatar
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

    Terabyte

    Posts : 417
    Join date : 2013-01-05
    Location : The Streets
    Level : 41

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

    Re: [!] Into the Woods

    Post by Knock Out on Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:47 am

    The rose was beginning to agree and go along with their need for her petals, when the marshmallow critter suddenly waltzed up and plucked the flower from the ground. "We were just getting somewhere!" He snapped, unable to hold it back. The way to get through this place was to play along, and throughout this whole venture, harming or even scaring a plant had dire consequences. The little rose screamed, petals flew off and landed on the ground delicately. Before anyone could grab the petals though, vines sprung out of the ground and impaled the rabbit, Knock Out moved quick to get off of the grass.

    The light was gone, something began to laugh really loud, and all the plantlife in the area began to shrivel and die. As if someone tossed a bunch of weed-killer all over the place. The rose was glowing for a reason, perhaps she was keeping the greenhouse alive somehow? The tree began to go to pieces and as it died it whispered one last word. A word that was incorrect. "Actually, its murderer. Single. We were trying to work something out with her, and then the peep came up and plucked her out. Really, if she's so important you ought to have more of a line of defense, I mean if a marshmallow can just waltz up and pick her out of the ground..." He grabbed the petals up, being careful not to crumple or damage the delicate things.

    With nothing else for them here, he moved in the direction of those who laughed so hard, which were more flowers. "Don't lump us altogether, you hyenas. The actions of one do not reflect the actions of the whole group." He stared down the daisies, wanting very much to cut these ones down though again, harming plants was bad here. So too would harming these plants harm their mission, unless it has already been harmed beyond repair.

    ---
    (4/20)- Armor
    (160/160)- HP
    (22/22)- AP

    ACTION - Picked up the petals.
    avatar
    Bun-Bun
    Inactive Account

    Inactive Account

    Posts : 209
    Join date : 2012-06-25
    Location : In Your Closet.
    Level : 57

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    620/620  (620/620)
    Stamina Bar:
    114/114  (114/114)

    Re: [!] Into the Woods

    Post by Bun-Bun on Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:31 am

    A horrid scream came from the rose and even though it was untraceable on the outside, he was actually enjoying it. Things like that were just so sickening, anyway. He thought it was going to show its true colors and get nasty with them, too. Then again, it asked for a pure flower. Oh.

    A vine sprung out suddenly and he shielded himself. "I'm sorry!" he squeaked before getting sharply pierced through his small, fragile body. He collapsed with a grunt and hacked. To make matters worse, everyone was looking at him like an idiot or some kind of monster. Heck, even that idiot who drank the soup thought he was stupid. After he sacrificed himself for these losers! Ungrateful was what they were! All of them!

    "You guys happy, now?" he cried, trying to stand up, but collapsed with a gasp. "I hurt!" Also, the garden was destroyed, which meant that the rose must have been the only thing keeping it alive. And all he could hear was the shrieking laughter of those wretched daisies.

    Angrily, he brought himself to his feet and stormed over to the plants. "What do you want?" he growled. He looked down and saw …a key? That was the reward? He snatched the piece of metal and snarled at them in return, exposing to them the humongous gash he had to take for reluctantly helping them.

    "You dirty monsters! How dare you make a fool out of me!" Even better, those things weren't even paying attention to him. As a matter of fact, they were ignoring him! Bun-Bun's body shook. He was so angry. So livid  he thought he could die from just that - being angry. He wanted to crush them, but refrained out of fear of getting attacked again by the thorn vines. Before he left, he glared at the one in the middle and shot a spitball directly at it like a dart hitting a bullseye. "Thanks, you losers!" he yelled at the petty plants. "Thanks for nothing!"

    The marshmallow bunny hopped over to the new door and unlocked it before swinging it open and flipping his body so his back was leaning against the inner walls of the newly discovered room. He slid to the floor and panted, blocking off what anyone had to say about him or to him. He didn't care. He was smarter than this. They'll eventually forget about the rose, anyway.

    ~~~
    HP: 425/480
    AP: 86/86
    avatar
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

    Gigabyte

    Posts : 204
    Join date : 2013-05-10
    Level : 22

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

    Re: [!] Into the Woods

    Post by Sir Meta Knight on Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:54 pm

    And just as the rose was about to tell them how to obtain her petals without hurting her...

    Sir Meta Knight jumped back as thorns impaled the rabbit for his foolishness, and watched in horror and disgust as the light was blotted out and the garden rotted away as the daisies laughed all the while. They had the petals now, at least, but the knight couldn't help but be utterly annoyed at the situation. "That could have been handled without bloodshed," he said lowly. There were times to resort to bloodshed, but this had not been one of them.

    There was nothing they could do about it now. The rose was dead, and with it the rest of the garden. Stars. "If such rashness is kept up, some in our party may wind up causing the thorns to choke the city."

    The robot had picked up the petals, and it seemed that was all this room had for them. That left the room that two of the humanoids had already entered, and the one that the rabbit had hopped off to. The mage seemed responsible enough, but Meta Knight didn't trust that rabbit not to foul things up for the group again--he would keep a closer eye on him this time. Morphing his cape into a pair of wings, he swooped out of the ruined garden and into the daisy room, flying over the gossiping flowers without so much as a second glance, and finally through the newly-opened door. There he stopped, flying in place as he carefully scanned the room. Perhaps they could do things more carefully when obtaining these next ingredients... he hoped.

    Ninetails
    Gigabyte

    Gigabyte

    Posts : 127
    Join date : 2014-01-19
    Age : 1479
    Location : Oni Island
    Level : 16

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    210/210  (210/210)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

    Re: [!] Into the Woods

    Post by Ninetails on Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:36 pm

    Sigh...

    The flower was ripped brutally from her place, and as her screams of terror echoed in the room, she fell silent, her petals gently blowing in the breeze. If only Bun-Bun had waited, Rao would've made the flower's death swift and quick--but seeing as how the ground shook and suddenly vines shot out to impale the rabbit, perhaps it was best for him to have done it. The priestess looked around as the area turned from a beautiful scene to a darkness of withered and dead flora. A sad state, really, and perhaps it could've been prevented, but alas, they had no time to dawdle. Showing her 'priestess' side, Rao took a prayer slip and placed it where the rose had been, cupping her hands together as if saying a prayer. The daisies laughter echoed as the tree died, and Rao placed another prayer slip upon the dead tree. "Let's go, we have what we need," she said in a stern voice as she turned.

    Rao, instead of going to the room with the cackling daisies, entered the room that was now with light, seeing the statue for herself. Tobi followed, and took note of it as well. "A statue of a mother and child, hm?" Rao thought as she wondered what this could mean. Surely, it was here for a reason, right? Nearly everything in this stupid place was here for some reason. Tobi hovered closer to it, examining the thing. The arms swaddling the child were not connected, it seemed, meaning the child statue could be removed. But, why would someone do that? That seemed a little... wait.

    "Tears of a gentle soul, parted from a love..." Tobi said aloud. He hovered back over to Rao, enough for Joshua and Vaati to hear, as well as he whispered unto them, "is that not the other ingredient? Perhaps if something from this statue were to be removed... it may cry..." Talking plants, invisible chefs, doors poofing into existence? A crying statue would be pretty normal, honestly. Whether it would be the child crying for its mother or the mother crying for its child, one of them would surely have to cry if they removed the two of them from each other, right? "Perhaps we could use a hand in doing so...?" Rao hinted, looking at the Wall-Master Vaati still had lingering around.
    avatar
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

    Inactive Account

    Posts : 1549
    Join date : 2010-10-18
    Location : Kc'nsst taa As'traakk
    Level : 46

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

    Re: [!] Into the Woods

    Post by Prixlezub on Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:35 pm

    The repercussions for the marshmallow rabbit's came swiftly, thorny vines shooting up to impale him as the flower was ripped from the ground. Once lush grass turned a dead brown, vines shooting up to cover what was once a bright and sunny skylight. However, the man found it quite interesting that the tree saying a single word before it too withered and shed its bark in death.

    Oak Tree wrote:"Murderers..."

    Was it not so far from the truth? All of them had not made a move towards the rabbit as it had ripped the flower from the ground. In a way it made them all just as bad as the marshmallow rabbit. The man held no comment to the tree's final words or the daisy's laughter, he had at least backed out when he knew their vendetta was over petty desires, and they could have been ignored just as easily as the rose had been ripped from the ground.

    As for the rabbit, he had learned enough to probably stay silent for the rest of the journey. There was no need to consider ridding their group of his presence, however tempting it may be. It simply was not... lawful.

    Noticing interest in the second room, Jay walked over to see the statue that Rao, the mage and knight were observing. However, to remove the child from its mother... In their previous dealings with the rose it appeared that using brute force got them what they wanted but at great consequence, would that truly be a wise tactic to suddenly rip the stone child away? Could it even be separated from the rest of the statue? Upon closer inspection it appeared that was indeed the case.

    Best to observe and see what would occur when the stone child was removed from the mother's arms... Although, they never did say whether or not this person was a gentle soul or not.
    avatar
    Aradia Megido
    Inactive Account

    Inactive Account

    Posts : 254
    Join date : 2013-06-23
    Age : 17
    Location : The Hive, Sixth Floor
    Level : 32

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    370/370  (370/370)
    Stamina Bar:
    64/64  (64/64)

    Re: [!] Into the Woods

    Post by Aradia Megido on Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:07 pm

    So, then. The rose and the tree died. The once extravagant garden full of life became one of decay. All so ironically, it was as if the ram troll was some sort of prophetess, because it all fell apart as soon as she said it would. Then, she saw that the lovely garden would become quite adulterated with a dank scent and as the tree began to rot, it called the entirety of these ragtag adventurers murderers. Now, Aradia Megido had never murdered in her life. She had, however, played with the dead ever since she was a a mere wiggler.

    As terrible as the rose's plight was, Aradia found it indisputable that everyone had to move on. There was no more laughter though, except from the daisies. The Aries troll gave the marshmallow rabbit a distinct but slight shake of the head before following Rao and Tobi into the room filled with light. Carefully, she listened to their conversation, praying that it was not too rude for her to intrude. Certainly, this was not much of an interloping. Alright, another ingredient! "perhaps i c0uld be 0f assistance ra0? i c0uld use my telekinesis h0wever i must admit that its rather tentaive what this may facilitate" After pondering some about what consequences could become of removing the statue child, the curly horned troll conceded that removing the child would be best, seeing that it was one ingredient closer to getting rid of the thorns.

    And, the safety of others took precedence over her own. Understanding that this risk was probably much more worth it than not doing anything, Aradia waited until Joshua had finished telekinetically poking at the statue before raising a hand to let the others know what she was doing. Surely, they knew already to back away, but it was only fair to give a warning before taking any actions. "s0rry j0shua but im g0ing t0 take a stab at this its b0ring d0ing cl0se t0 n0thing all day"

    With the precision of a surgeon, she used her telekinesis to dislodge the infant statue, her eyes narrowing in concentration. Gently, she rested it on the ground, not too far from the mother but not too close to the others. Waiting patiently, she crossed her fingers again and prayed nothing else would go wrong.




    Action: Dislodging the infant statue


    Last edited by Aradia Megido on Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Eridan Ampora
    Gigabyte

    Gigabyte

    Posts : 124
    Join date : 2012-10-17
    Age : 19
    Location : Wandering
    Level : 20

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    250/250  (250/250)
    Stamina Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)

    Re: [!] Into the Woods

    Post by Eridan Ampora on Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:42 pm

    What was a man? You were arguing? Did the joke ever include "a miserable little pile of secrets"? If not, it did now. Moving on!

    "wwell that wwas dreadful look at this place noww i evven feel bad for the fuckin flowwer" Not that he felt all THAT bad. He didn't reach out to stop or anything. "i dont care anymore lets just movve on" He didn't antagonise Bun-Bun. If they'd all been too unwilling to move, he'd have probably ended up doing the same thing Bun-Bun had done, even if he liked the way the garden had looked. As for the other flowers, he ignored them. What good were they, aside from revealing the way?

    "itd be great right noww if i had some powwer but all i havve is resistin mental invvasion an resistin other powwers like that" Eridan spoke, but he didn't really care that much about that, either. "fuck these thorns though" They were doing his nut in. When it came to the key, the rabbit took it. When it came to the baby, Aradia grabbed it. "looks like thats done evverythins done lets leavve these fuckin plants to stay in the same place forevver an nevver come back" He walked towards the door.

    Well, shall we go?
    avatar
    [ADPT.] Aqua
    Inactive Account

    Inactive Account

    Posts : 93
    Join date : 2013-04-24
    Age : 26
    Location : Stock Pot Inn; Room 235
    Level : 15

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)
    Health Bar:
    200/200  (200/200)
    Stamina Bar:
    30/30  (30/30)

    Re: [!] Into the Woods

    Post by [ADPT.] Aqua on Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:20 pm

    Aqua could only stand by and watch as the wonderland before them turned into a grim scene. The small white rose's petals fell to the ground as all life faded away from it, and the tree sprouted its roots wildly towards the cause of it all. Bun-Bun was pierced through and nobody did a thing to stop the rose's demise... The tree's words had only made the situation much darker than it would seem. It whispered the word 'murderers' before it passed on and the word was one that she herself was never called in her time. It was a strange thing... but in many ways it made sense if you were to look at it from the tree's perspective.

    This was an event that clearly raised questions and comments from a number of group members, and the marshmallow bunny himself was feeling angry by the decision. It was true that there could have been a more, less harmful way to go about the matter, but it was all too late now. Glancing at the members and doing another headcount, Aqua brushed her hands together as things began to progress. Turning towards Eridan as the sunlight above diminished the bluenette felt a finger curl around her chin in thought.

    Mother of all the trolls...?

    That was the first she ever heard of something like that. The bluenette was very aware that those types of relationships were dangerous as discussed beforehand in the past, but ending up like the maiden Terra? Eridan needn't worry about that as the woman would still be herself no matter what. After all, what were friends for? Replying with a simple nod of her head to prove that there was none taken to his statement the woman merely just followed the group members into a lone room that withheld a statue that almost towered over them. As the others merely discussed on how to approach the situation to reach their second ingredient, Aradia decided to take the initiative and part the baby from the mother's arms.

    Already, they were going to have two ingredients. Although there was a feeling that the third wasn't going to be an easy feat to achieve. Deciding to walk about the room, Aqua summoned Rainfell once more in a subtle manner deciding to keep it out from here on. As Eridan made his way the bluenette kept her mouth clamped. There was nothing more to say right now. The others seemed to be doing just fine when it came to getting the ingredients and voicing their thoughts and statements. There was nothing for her to say, really.
    avatar
    Fear
    Exabyte

    Exabyte

    Posts : 1262
    Join date : 2013-09-04
    Location : The comfort of a grave
    Level : 60

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

    Re: [!] Into the Woods

    Post by Fear on Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:21 pm

    Oh that agonized scream... Music to the Dark Judge's ears! But wait, there's more.

    For his unthinking crime the sugary bunny was impaled - oh yes, impaled - and Judge Fear felt a sense of euphoria take him. Such haste, such... stupidity. Was it any wonder, then, that the ghoul had purposely lied in order to avoid disaster upon his person? Pleased with the rose's demise, Bun-Bun's punishment, and the death of this horrid garden, the Dark Judge came striding out and openly laughed. "Much better," he hissed, gesturing to the dying vegetation all around. Now this was a proper garden and one that was not in any code violation. "I never really was much one for the sun." Now that they had murdered the white rose and seized what they wanted, Judge Fear saw no further reason to linger around. It was quite delicious hearing (and sensing) the growing irritation within the groups, however~!

    Large Mech wrote:"We were just getting somewhere!"
    Armoured Ball wrote:"That could have been handled without bloodshed."
    Just two outspoken examples. And, of course, this precious gem...

    Murderer in Question wrote:"You guys happy, now?"
    Judge Fear didn't even have to think for a second. "Incredibly," was the Dark Judge's sadistic answer. What a marvelous thing Schadenfreude was! Ah, but enough. Various others were moving into a new room, a room with a statue of mother and child, which meant the ghoul should be there. He could have ventured into the chamber past the daisies, certainly, but why? No, he'd rather watch what was about to unfold, if anything, when one of the grey children removed the stony infant.

    Knowing better than to stand too close and next to anything that may appear harmful, the Dark Judge kept his distance and quietly observed the interaction. "Sss..." What will happen, hmm?



    Observing: satiated that someone was harmed last round ; no further malicious action
    avatar
    Nyreena Dark Savaridin
    Terabyte

    Terabyte

    Posts : 286
    Join date : 2011-09-09
    Age : 25
    Location : Anywhere to find inspiration for a new fashion design
    Level : 33

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    380/380  (380/380)
    Stamina Bar:
    66/66  (66/66)

    Re: [!] Into the Woods

    Post by Nyreena Dark Savaridin on Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:33 pm

    Her eyes filled with horror Nyreena watched with horror as the once lush garden turned into a ghastly sight and the light be extinguished before her eyes, all thanks to Bun-Bun and his foolishness at ripping the poor rose right up out of the ground. And not a moment later did a huge thorn-covered vine broke up out of the ground and gave the marshmallow bunny a serious scratch across his body. Well, served him right for doing something as cruel as he did. Watching Knock Out pick up the petals she nodded in approval at his gesture then went straight across to where the laughing voices were at and seeing the daisies for the first time her volcanic temper nearly exploded as she threatened them, "How dare you give Bun-Bun the incredulous idea of killing the poor rose like that! She did not deserved to perish like that at all! You all deserve to burn into withered ash for this! But be lucky I feel merciful at this moment or else you would have spent your last moments dying as you laughed."

    Walking back out, passing Bun-Bun as he found the key and unlocked the door she made her way to the other room to see what was in there and found some of the others going over of a statue of a mother and child and the third ingredient quickly made sense to her. A gentle soul parted from a love was the same as a mother being separated from her child. Watching Aradia separate the two she nodded to the effort and now they had two of the three ingredients needed for the potion to end all of this madness. All they needed now was the eyes of someone who sees more than they should. But how they were going to find them was still the mystery. Remembering about the new room she made her way back and joined the marshmellow bunny in exploring this new route.
    avatar
    Wolfe
    Megabyte

    Megabyte

    Posts : 70
    Join date : 2012-12-03
    Age : 150
    Level : 9

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    140/140  (140/140)
    Stamina Bar:
    19/19  (19/19)

    Re: [!] Into the Woods

    Post by Wolfe on Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:16 pm

    Well, the little rabbit did it. He pulled that pretty plant right up and killed it. What a ruthless bunny. At least he was making progress. Alex tensed as their surroundings changed. The warm and calming energy of the place quickly became cold and dead. Plants began to shrivel up and the ground began to rumble. It felt as if a thousand damned spirits entered this place. He drew Praestes as it flashed and became a backhand sword. He was going to be ready this time. The vines shot up and attacked the rabbit. Alex thought he was dead but then saw signs of life. Seems as though the vines were merciful this time. Alex didn’t agree with what the rabbit did but he was glad that the little guy died.

    Praestes was still in Alex’s his hand as he followed everyone into this new room. A statue of a mother and child was located in it. This statue has to have something to do with the recipe. But what? Alex tried remembering it but couldn’t.

    <>===}============>


    Armor: 10/20 (25% damage reduction from physical attacks)
    HP 190/190
    AP 28/28
    avatar
    Vaati
    Gigabyte

    Gigabyte

    Posts : 190
    Join date : 2009-07-25
    Age : 1022
    Location : The Palace of Winds
    Level : 38

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

    Re: [!] Into the Woods

    Post by Vaati on Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:43 pm

    Vaati smirked a bit at catching Joshua's giggles regarding their shared sentiment for some of their ranks. He knew that the lad had quite a bit of sense even if some of his actions might prove otherwise, and this had certainly proven it for many regards. Much like the Wind Mage himself, he certainly seemed to have his own way of doing things… but again, actions here were not important in the long run. So long as they found what had had come for and made it out, that was all that really mattered in the end.

    In short order, the Wallmaster pulled up and revealed the statue before them… very interesting… unlike some of the older aspects of this strange cottage, this sculpture was very well kept. It portrayed a woman holding an infant in her arms, and curiously enough, the smaller part of the statue almost seemed as though it could be removed. Vaati narrowed his red gaze as he focused on the statue, trying to see if he could discern anything else about it before taking further action.

    Vaati was not afraid to tough the curtains much less the statue himself, but considering the risks he had already observed since he had set out for the forest, he was not about to take any unnecessary chances. That was certainly not the case out in the main room as the excessively brash and thoughtless move of a saccharine imbecile not only brought considerable damage to himself but also to the entire room. The quickly plucked rose was dead, and the rest of the garden had withered up and died along with her. Looking back across what had been a bright, open room, Vaati let out a nasal chuff as he saw the massive thorns outside move to overtake the visibility afforded by the glass ceiling. That answered his question as to just where they had got to, but at the same time, it cemented his gut instinct that things had taken a very grave turn. Hopefully, even with as drastic as this had proven to be, it would not come back to haunt them too badly… or at least not most of them.

    "Hmph…" Vaati nodded slightly at Joshua's statement on the matter, finding that he had voiced almost exactly what he had been thinking himself. He did not want to waste his breath on it though and there was no use repeating things, so he turned his attention back to the statue, watching as the Conductor moved to telekinetically poke at the loose statue of the baby. As others tended to the opposite door once more, the Wind Mage kept his focus on the next possible lead even as a few others – some more useful than the rest – began to filter into the room along with Joshua and himself.

    Rao and Tobi joined in his own study of the state, musing about the what removing the baby from its stone mother might do. At the priestess' clever hinting, such that was almost as though they had read each others' minds, Vaati simply smirked a bit more, noting, "Perhaps indeed." However, before he could command the Wallmaster to tend to the smaller statue, the ram-horned troll stepped forth to put her own skills to use. The Wind Mage gave her a brief nod at her offer, right before watching as she moved to use her telekinesis to carefully remove and lift the stone baby from its mother's arms, setting it on the ground a short distance from its original resting place.

    "Now let's see if we're right…" Vaati did not know which statue might start to shed tears, much less if either of them would. Still, he was set to watch and collect anything if need be. Here, he was simply waiting… as was the way of a time bider.
    avatar
    Game Master
    Terabyte

    Terabyte

    Posts : 324
    Join date : 2010-10-17
    Level : ??

    Re: [!] Into the Woods

    Post by Game Master on Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:46 am

    What was the saying? The hottest places in hell.... No matter. It mattered not what truly anyone thought, whether they believed themselves responsible in part for the murder, or whether they wished for the blame to fall on Bun-bun entirely. It did not matter whether you mourned for the rose, whether you cared not, or whether you simply acted as if you cared. Nothing changed what had been done. The murder was committed, no actions you took could be taken back.

    There is only forward.

    The daisies do not seem to hear anyone other than themselves, all threats and angry stares falling just short of them. They do not care. And it is blatantly obvious that they do not, that you are not even important enough for them to acknowledge anymore. Perhaps it is just better to move on from these yellow toxic flowers, before one of you does something rash.  

    Aradia is successful in removing the baby from the its mothers arms. Nothing happens immediately, but slowly, soft sobs begin to fill the air. A woman is weeping and indeed there are now tears running down the statues face, dripping slowly from its chin.

    "My baby..please give me back my baby... The mother sobs.

    In the room that you were awarded the key for there is a less than pleasant surprise waiting for those that peer inside. No grass grows in this room, there are no windows for any light to shine in. Stone and wood make this prison and a stale air creeps out and smacks anyone nearby in the face. It smells of rot. Which makes sense when you consider what is laying on the floor. The body of a man not too long dead? No signs of decay, no bloating of the body. Is he dead? The word Thief Is carved into his forehead.



    -- Aradia has taken the baby and the mother has begun to cry!
    --Bun-bun opened the door, revealing a body!

    avatar
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

    Terabyte

    Posts : 417
    Join date : 2013-01-05
    Location : The Streets
    Level : 41

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

    Re: [!] Into the Woods

    Post by Knock Out on Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:56 am

    If it weren't for safety in numbers, Knock Out probably would have tried to go out on his own. This was a group containing people he barely knew or cared about. People who made mistakes that had grave consequences. People that, when insulted, got physical quite fast. Knock Out wasn't exactly on the top of this totem pole either, he was scooting around the bottom rung. At the end of the day could he trust these people to have his back? Or would they save themselves? Mind you, Knock Out wasn't exactly going to die for anyone here either.

    But that was exactly the problem. This alliance here was one of circumstance, because everyone was here at once. Not due to any real companionship or friendship. This alliance would be temporary, just as the sparring alliance had been. When would the alliance end? The end of the mission? When the day was saved? Or when everybody got sick of each other? If only Breakdown were here. He'd even take Starscream, or any Decepticon, or even Livewire! Someone who he knew would watch his back...

    With a slight sigh he looked around the room, noticing that the majority of people weren't in this room. They must have decided to look at a different room, then. The rabbit found a key however, and decided to use it on a door. He stepped behind him cautiously, alongside the floating knight and the ghost girl. "Smells terrible in here...NYAAAGH!" He jerked back in surprise when he saw the dead body, staring. Guess that accounted for the smell...He got a bit closer and kneeled next to him, prodding the body gingerly.

    "Thief, huh? Wonder what he stole..." He hummed slightly before turning to the others. "Well, he's not gonna use those eyes. Might as well take them just in case they're the ones we need."

    ...

    "Anyone have an ice cream scoop?" He sure wasn't gonna do it. Plunge his digits into a corpse's eye sockets? Not this mech.

    ---
    (4/20)- Armor
    (160/160)- HP
    (22/22)- AP

    Ninetails
    Gigabyte

    Gigabyte

    Posts : 127
    Join date : 2014-01-19
    Age : 1479
    Location : Oni Island
    Level : 16

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    210/210  (210/210)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

    Re: [!] Into the Woods

    Post by Ninetails on Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:01 am

    Rao didn't care who took the child, what she wanted was for someone to do so. Once Aradia removed the child from the statue's grasp, it began to speak, as predicted. She wished for her child back? If she so wished it, they would, but first... Tobi searched the area quickly, and made a small tea cup hover near him as he brought it the Priestess, who took it and dusted it off thoroughly with her sleeves. Now was not the time to worry about her clothing--they were getting close to finish this, she felt it! As soon as the tears rolled down, Rao stepped forward and placed the cup to the woman's face, allowing a good amount of tears to drip into the cup.

    "We apologize, ma'am..." she said softly, taking the cup of tears and holding it firmly, "we will return your baby. We just needed something, and we are sorry to have upset you. We never intended to harm either of you." She reassured the statue as the child was no doubt swiftly returned to the mother, and Rao nodded her head. "Take care, and sorry for disturbing you." She held the cup within her hand, looking down at the tears inside and leaving the room. "Well, that wasn't so bad," she looked to Tobi and the others that were most likely following her, as there wasn't much else in the room.

    Upon entering the room with the daisies, Rao paused and smelled something strange. It wasn't the Judge, despite his appearance... not, this was fresher, and it appeared to be a dead body in the room they just opened. Tobi confirmed this as he hovered inside the dark room, looking at the body closely and seeing the word 'Thief' cut into his head. "How interesting," he said, staying in the darkness of the room. Perhaps something would attack him and it would be a good warning?

    In the meantime, Rao looked at the others, and spoke loud enough for all of them to hear her, "would anyone perhaps have some kind of vial or container? It is most important for me to get one quickly, please." A curious request, but come now, did someone have such a thing? Look, if you can! A teacup could spill easily, and Rao did not want to have to go in and take the child again from the mother. Be swift!

      Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:21 am