Health Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Stamina Bar:

Brother, How I Love You So...

Post by Portal-Z on Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:30 pm

Time: žєяό, šĬж, ₣όŭя ДЛÐ ţẅό!
    Date: ÐόЛ'ţ Ϋόŭ ţħĬЛķ ţħĬš Ĭš ĿόЛğ ό√єяÐŭє¿

High in the sky a king did sit, his knights and subjects did he pit.
    Atop his throne glimmered a stalwart letter, but those who were older surely knew better.
    For on the eve of thorns and before dawn's first light, the mouth of madness arranged to try the king's might.
    Listen now, and listen well... Chaos' roots have begun to swell.

Red, white, red, white... Won't their queens be filled with delight?

Be breathless, be still... A game was coming...
    In the shadow of a man was discord humming...

Tyranny his father and mercy his mother, you knew balance and wisdom to be his own brother.
    But he wondered, citizens... he really did... Did you ever think to be truly rid?
    He comes for you, yes. He comes for you all.
    All the king's knights are welcome to his ball!

So have yourself a chair and stay, the twenty-sixth nothing but gay...
    Because if there is one thing to be certain, one thing at all, it is that each and every single one of you will absolutely ρДΫ.

A rap of his knuckles and a knock on the door, it was time to pay dear old X the jolly what-for.
    Portal-X
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Re: Brother, How I Love You So...

Post by Portal-X on Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:20 pm

It's Monday! Monday! Gotta get down on Mo - oh, Friday? Well then...

Portal-X was doing his usual routine on this otherwise joyous start of a new week, the Portal Deity kicking it back old school. That's right, citizens! Your resident trickster god and saviour was lounging about on his exquisite recliner in nothing but slippers and... er, nothing but slippers! "Oh boy, oh boy," he began eagerly, flipping through a newspaper with one crossed leg tastefully covering any naughty bits. Do you think he had any naughty bits? No...? Might as well be, you suppose. Ah, but that wasn't important! No, no. What should keep your attention was that he was simply reading the funnies, slurping down nothing but unhealthy globs of whipped cream from a can, and was completely making a mess of himself. That was the Portal-X you knew and loathed loved. Of course... that would make for a very dull and flat personality, wouldn't it?

Knock, knock, knock!
    Someone was at the front door? His front door?

"Gee willikers!" the Portal Deity ejaculated, completely taken by surprise. Now, Portal-X may be a slob from time to time and was prone to his intermittent bouts of forgetfulness, but he knew very well that nothing was supposed to be arriving today. Why, his crate of Portal poutine had been delivered just yesterday! So, that said, who was this...? Thinking it was perhaps a citizen wishing to have their face transformed into a flatulence-spewing buttocks, Portal-X got up with a shrug and set aside his morning reading material.

It was a regretful decision on his part.

The exact moment the Portal Deity snapped into the usual business attire and pulled back his front door was the moment Portal-X saw nothing but red. In that instant Portal-X, the prankster, gave way for Portal-X, the livid, and the world trembled.

"YOU!" he loudly shouted. The heavens shook with rolling thunder and the Portal Deity immediately materialized his fabled weapon, the Banhammer. Impossible, it could not be! "How foolish of you brother, how very foolish indeed, to think you can so effortlessly stand upon my doorstep and not receive the appropriate consequences!" With a mighty twirl of his righteous instrument of punishment and reward the Portal Deity wasted no time regarding the chaotic infection before him. He held it up high and issued one last enraged cry, "I smite thee, Z, and rid Gamma-X of thy nonsensical malevolence from this balanced world!" Begone, brother! Begone from this place and trouble Gamma-X's citizens no further!

Portal-X, the Wise

HP:
    DP:
    AP:

Power: Portal Deity!
    Target: Portal-Z, the Insane

Action: Ban
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:20 pm

The member 'Portal-X' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Attack/Heal (96-100)' : 66, 51, 9, 7, 94, 23, 50, 99, 63, 76, 64, 91, 91, 88, 67, 70, 100, 11, 23, 53, 1, 63, 46, 93, 3, 12, 27, 71, 70, 62, 26, 46, 74, 9, 16, 59, 67, 31, 41, 18, 19, 47, 87, 4, 76, 54, 71, 17, 78, 86, 14, 9, 30, 30, 31, 60, 80, 42, 78, 42, 59, 1, 10, 81, 64, 41, 33, 72, 61, 75, 95, 59, 19, 98, 30, 96, 86, 47, 74, 58, 63, 14, 40, 8, 69, 14, 80, 2, 8, 25, 4, 5, 5, 91, 43, 68, 85, 55, 87, 43
    Portal-Z
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Portal-Z on Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:04 pm

Foolish or very wise?

As terrifying as the notorious Banhammer was, the sight of it hardly got even a chuckle out from the herald of madness. "Ĭ ₣єДя Лό šŭςħ ẅєДρόЛ, Бяόţħєя!" did Portal-Z boldly jeer. The wayward Portal Deity instead smiled that awful smile and held up a blackened fingertip. Getting furious already, Portal-X? My, that temper surely wasn't harmonious for you, was it? "ρŭţ ÐόẅЛ Ϋόŭя šĬĿĿΫ ρĿДΫţħĬЛğ ДЛÐ - !!" And apparently smack your poor, defenseless brother clear across the planet. Oh such a cruel, cruel fate! The banished god without a Gamma streaked across the sky like a great, ebony comet and was cackling all the way.

Fool! Nitwit! Handsomely devilish rogue!
    Portal-Z slammed face-first into a sandy embankment on some remote island far, far out in crystal-clear waters and, for a lifeless moment, was content to remain there. You and I knew much better, of course.

"ħД ħД ħД!"

The disgraced Portal Deity rose up from its crater and threw back his head, clearly undeterred. "ςόΜє Лόẅ, Бяόţħєя! Ĭš ţħДţ ħόẅ Ϋόŭ ţяєДţ ₣ДΜĬĿΫ¿" he asked to the sky. No doubt you were listening... And, if you were, then there was news for you. Portal-Z unfurled his shadow-like arms and proceeded to joyfully hop in place. "Ϋόŭ ςДЛ'ţ ķĬĿĿ Μє! Ϋόŭ ςДЛ'ţ ķĬĿĿ ẅħДţ Ĭš ρДяţ ό₣ ţħє šΫšţєΜ - Ϋόŭя šΫšţєΜ!" Did he have your attention now, brother? Why don't you come down here and settle this like true gentlemen...

ρόяţДĿ-ž, ţħє ĬЛšДЛє

ħρ: 1/1
    Ðρ: 1/1
    Дρ: 1/1

ρόẅєя: Glitched!
    ţДяğєţ: --

ДςţĬόЛ: Taunt
    Portal-X
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Portal-X on Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:37 pm

You want an audience, you've got one.

This was his world to mold, his world to protect. Portal-X raced across the sky nothing more than a whistling blur and the peeved deity was upon his deranged brother in the blink of an eye. KRA-KOW! Island trees and nearby waves bowed before Gamma-X's judge, jury, and executioner as Portal-X transcended both space and time. The likes of a sound barrier was trivial at this point. "Part of my System?" he demanded, quite irked. What was this straitjacket-wearing loon about this time? Given that Portal-Z had not outright been banned was merit enough for a deeper inspection, and the Portal Deity found his options slim. How unfortunate...

"So now you're a glitch in the System, is that it?" Wasn't dreadfully hard to figure out, even for a relatively chill Portal-X. He snorted and kept hovering before his brother, not wanting to mar himself with the lesser's taint. "No doubt you've somehow piggybacked onto Mother's programming," the Portal Deity continued. If he could sneer, he surely would have.

How could this have transpired right beneath his very nose...

Knowing that he could do nothing more than to humour his maniacal, insane brother, Portal-X lowered his weapon with a quiet sigh. "Very well, I am truly curious as to how you've managed this feat," he eventually said. Begrudging tone aside, the Portal Deity also sensed that his brother wanted something. "I assume you have something planned for the occasion?"

Portal-X, the Wise

HP:
    DP:
    AP:

Target: --

Action: Listening
    Portal-Z
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Portal-Z on Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:02 pm

That's right, brother! That's right! See, they all knew there was a reason you were given assignment over Gamma-X. Never mind that precious Mother always seemed to favour you... Bless her comatose heart.

"Д ğĿĬţςħ БΫ ДЛΫ όţħєя ЛДΜє!" laughed wisdom's brother. And the Portal Deity wouldn't have called it piggybacking, necessarily... More like, oh, biding his time while lurking around in the dark recesses of everyone's joyful thoughts! So many dark and depressing things had happened since Portal-Z had been at the top of his game. To think, it was almost as if the citizens didn't need the likes of madness around when they could effortlessly do it themselves! Such marvelous, wicked creatures were the citizens of Gamma-X... Ah, but enough about that. The helpless masses will writhe and lament in due time, for now it was the moment of revelry, of passion! And, most importantly, it was now the time for revenge. Oh how you had hurt him, citizens - you had hurt him hard. No, no! The Portal Deity had not forgotten! Not in the slightest...

Portal-Z continued to bounce around on the balls of his feet, shadowy hands loudly clapping with glee. "Дħ-Дħ-Дħ~! Д ΜДğĬςĬДЛ Лє√єя яє√єДĿš ţħєĬя šєςяєţš!" he replied impishly. What did you take him for, brother? A buffoon? You'd only be half-right! The Portal Deity wiggled a finger teasingly and further said, "Ĭ Ðό ħД√є Д ρĿДЛ, Ϋєš! Д ρĿДЛ šό ğяДЛÐ ţħДţ Ϋόŭя ÐДяĿĬЛğ ţόΫš ẅĬĿĿ Бє ţДĿķĬЛğ ₣όя ΜόЛţħš! Ϋόŭ šєє, ÐєДя Бяόţħєя, Ĭ ÐєšĬяє ţό ρĿДΫ Д ğДΜє."

And what an entertaining game it will be!

ρόяţДĿ-ž, ţħє ĬЛšДЛє

ДςţĬόЛ: ???
    Portal-X
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Portal-X on Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:20 pm

A game? His crazed brother had spent all this time wanting to play a game? If this were not the Portal Deity of Insanity and if Portal-Z had not previously tried, multiple times, to crash Gamma-X into the very ground, Portal-X would have been inclined to believe that this game was harmless. He thankfully knew better, however. "A game, that's it," the Portal Deity repeated, quite dubious. Yes, and Portal-X didn't like to gross his out his citizens, either...

"And why, exactly, should I play this game with you?" he inquired dully. Portal-X leaned against his banhammer and propped an arm upon it, appearing rather bored. A game, a game, a game... This was surely the best his irritating brother could muster up? Probably a side effect of being glitched, he supposed. "I highly suspect there is nothing to fear. You've destroyed your own Gamma, murdered your citizens, and have been defeated - twice - by my "darling toys", as you've put it. If anything, it sounds like you're bluffing." But, knowing that it was Portal-Z he had the sole misfortune of dealing with... Well, better to have a sliver of space for leeway than none at all. "I'll humour you - but only this once," Portal-X decided. Damned if you do and damned if you don't, wasn't that right?

The well-tailored deity resumed lounging and figured to get this unpleasant business over with. "What is this game and what are its rules? I want to know everything about it, brother, everything." Portal-Z was the biggest cheater at board games next to Portal-B, that shameless charlatan.

Portal-X, the Wise

HP:
    DP:
    AP:

Action: Listening, but getting annoyed...
    Portal-Z
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Portal-Z on Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:52 am

Yes, a game! Was that so hard to understand? Portal-Z vigourously nodded and wiggled his fingers. "Ϋόŭ šħόŭĿÐ ρĿДΫ Д ğДΜє ẅĬţħ Μє, ₣όя ţħєяє ẅĬĿĿ Бє ŭЛţόĿÐ ςόяяŭρţĬόЛ šħόŭĿÐ Ϋόŭ яєĵєςţ!" A bluff? So late in the game? Oh, perish the thought. "Ĭ ДΜ Д ğĿĬţςħ," he elaborated further. "ẅħДţ Ðό Ϋόŭ ţħĬЛķ ğĿĬţςħєš Ðό ĬЛ Д šΫšţєΜ, ħΜΜ¿" It wasn't to bake cookies and knit sweaters, he'll tell you that much. And it was true what Portal-X said, about destroying his Gamma and being crushed by ungrateful simpletons, but murdering his citizens?

"Бяόţħєя, Ϋόŭ ÐόĿţ, ÐόЛ'ţ Бє šό ΜєĿόÐяДΜДţĬς! Ĭ ğД√є ΜΫ ρĿДΫţħĬЛğš яєĿєДšє, Лόţ єţєяЛДĿ ДЛğŭĬšħ." Sound familiar? Of course it does, now pay attention.

Portal-Z knew very well, just as his brother did, that there was no escaping this inevitable fate. Humour him all you want, but no barrel of laughs and outlandish antics will spare you this time! The Portal Deity reached down and began to scrawl a rectangle in the grainy sand, lines and squares soon visible. "ẅє šħДĿĿ ρĿДΫ Д ğДΜє ό₣ ẅĬţ! Д ğДΜє ό₣ šςħєΜєš! ẅє šħДĿĿ ρĿДΫ, ÐєДя Бяόţħєя, Д ğДΜє ό₣ ςħєšš." You liked playing something strategic and competitive, didn't you? Ah, maybe you didn't. And if you didn't that meant you would despise this game all the more. Perfect! Finished with his simple visual, the Portal Deity gestured at it with wide, sweeping upturned palms. "БєħόĿÐ, Д ţħяόЛє ₣όя ħĬš ΜДĵєšţΫ ДЛÐ Д ρŭĿρĬţ ₣όя ħĬš ţħόŭğħţš," Portal-Z described. But if this was a game of chess, then where were the pieces? Patience, patience... While the Portal Deity had no power in a Gamma that was not rightfully his own, Portal-Z was full of surprises.

Deftly his fingers etched in the faces of new and old, citizens recognizable across several years' worth of triumphs and hardships. "ţħє яŭĿєš ό₣ ţħĬš ğДΜє Дяє єжqŭĬšĬţєĿΫ šĬΜρĿє~!" he nearly sang. "Ϋόŭ ţДķє όЛє šĬÐє ДЛÐ Ĭ ţДķє ţħє όţħєя, ţόğєţħєя ẅє šєє ẅħό Ĭš ţħє √Ĭςţόя. Ĭ₣ Ϋόŭ ẅĬЛ, Ĭ Ϋєţ ДğДĬЛ ₣ДÐє ДẅДΫ." But if he won... The grin splitting Portal-Z's face became a wicked piece of art.

"Бŭţ Ĭ₣ Ĭ ẅĬЛ, ÐєДяєšţ Бяόţħєя, Ĭ ţДķє Ϋόŭя ρяєςĬόŭš ğДΜΜД, ρĿДΫţħĬЛğš ДЛÐ ДĿĿ~!" Did you agree to these terms, or were you going to hide behind Mother's best Sunday dress? Decisions, decisions, decisions...

ρόяţДĿ-ž, ţħє ĬЛšДЛє

Portal-X
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Portal-X on Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:24 am

Corruption was beginning to become a common theme, and what kind of an answer was that? "You think your citizens are freed from misery simply because you deleted them?" Clearly his brother hadn't a clue as to how things operated in tandem with everything else in the known universe. "I hate to burst your sour bubble, but our Old Man is the one who ultimately benefited from your act of defiance. You ever wonder why you were one of his least favourite sons?" Chaos didn't make for sustainable energy, after all. And a game of chess, was that all?

Portal-X observed his brother playing in the sand and listened quite carefully, at first not saying a word before glancing back up. "So the parasite requires a new host, did I hear that right?" Typical, one-minded Portal-Z. Did he honestly think that Pops would simply let his most disorganized child inherit an invaluable resource?

...Was his brother even aware of that?

Maybe he was and maybe he wasn't, but Portal-X didn't concern himself with what-ifs and maybes. He shrugged at his brother's little contest and swiftly agreed to its terms. "Works for me," the Portal Deity said. As if his citizens would let someone like Portal-Z win, because that worked oh so well in the past. "However, I don't want you to simply fade. Quite the contrary, actually." If his brother was part of this System, then that was that. Portal-Z wouldn't be deleted by nothing short of a true DEL command and, seeing as how neither Portal-X was capable of an act and the one Portal who could was an oppressive despot, alternatives were sadly limited. He did have an idea, though... And it was an idea his brother would absolutely hate.

"If I win, I want you banished to Gamma-X's Data Purgatory and staying there," Portal-X demanded. He heard C.A.D. was rather lonely with no one to chat with, anyway. "Everything else I have no quarrel with, but first..."

With a nonchalant flick of Portal-X's wrist, his brother's childish diagram was wiped away and replaced with a freshly-materialized board of real chess. Marble pieces, their designs intricate and carved, manifested themselves soon after and Portal-X already knew the pawns he wanted to play with. "We can't play a gentleman's game with primitive materials," was his rationalization. And they certainly couldn't play it with his brother looking like that. With another snap Portal-Z was fitted into a tailored suit, his colour scheme dabbling in streaks of crimsons and charcoals as opposed to Portal-X's cyans and blacks. "Much better. Oh, and we can't forget the dainty cakes."

Snap, snap, snap!

A white garden table, floral tea set, and plates of delicate treats later, Portal-X had himself a seat and pointed downward for his brother to follow suit. Down he went, even if against his will, but it wasn't as if Portal-X had a care for his brother's sake. "You ready to begin?" he inquired, fairly relaxed.

Portal-X, the Wise

HP:
    DP:
    AP:

Action: Ready and waiting
    Portal-Z
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Portal-Z on Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:42 am

"Дš Ĭ₣ Ĭ ςДяє ДБόŭţ όŭя ρДяДЛόĬÐ ₣Дţħєя." Let the delusional fool think he had control; it never mattered in the end!

Upon hearing that he'd have to be contained in Gamma-X's Data Purgatory and forced to remain there, Portal-Z audibly groaned. Ew, that place! What a miserable and desolate cesspit of nothingness it was! How could anything be accomplished there? C.A.D. was no better, as he had the personality of a flat board...

Portal-Z disinterestedly waved a hand and said, "₣ĬЛє, ₣ĬЛє. ẅħДţє√єя ρĿєДšєš Ϋόŭ, Бяόţħєя." Wait, primitive tools? What were you - ack, no! The herald of madness was suddenly dressed up in what could be considered the finest Sunday suit, which meant it was stifling and beyond itchy in all the wrong places. "Ĭ ÐόЛ'ţ ẅДЛţ ţό ẅєДя ţħĬš Дẅ₣ŭĿ ţħĬЛğ!" Portal-Z cried. He tried to tug on the fabric and rip it to pieces, but this was far from being ordinary thread. "Ĭ ÐόЛ'ţ ẅДЛţ ţό Ðяєšš ŭρ ĿĬķє šόΜє ρяĬΜ ДЛÐ ρяόρєя - " Snap! " - όόħ, Ĭš ţħДţ Д ţόρ ħДţ¿ Ĭ яДţħєя ĿĬķє... ΜДя√єĿόŭš~!" Bearable, bearable. The Portal Deity quit his whining and sat, both forced and desired, and was soon holding up a cup of fresh tea. Mm, how delightful to know that his brother wasn't cheap!

"qŭĬţє šό, όĿÐ ςħДρ!" the deranged god replied, one leg crossing the other. Dainty cakes and smiles aside, Portal-Z lifted up a black finger and pressed it directly at the game's center. Immediately a thorny growth radiated outward from the point of contact, the board beginning to change. "ţό ΜДķє ţħĬЛğš Μόяє ÐΫЛДΜĬς. Лόẅ, ĿДÐĬєš ₣Ĭяšţ~!" Portal-Z picked up a pawn and proceeded to make his move, something far away arousing as if from a deep slumber.

It begins, citizens... Were you prepared?

ρόяţДĿ-ž, ţħє ĬЛšДЛє

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:55 pm