Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Treat Delivery

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:59 pm

Well... that more or less went better than expected.

Big Z managed to regain enough composure and Mr. Finnley had found courage to speak up; both parties had their say, mindful of one another, and no further tiffs were instigated. One went to head downstairs like she had asked and the other? "Oh what a day..." Jo let out a quiet sigh and turned to Mr. Finnley, wearing a tired but genuine smile. "Don't worry," she said. "I know that was pretty scary to watch and you did get a death threat, but Big Z really means no harm. He's just been stressful lately, so please don't take it the wrong way." The mechanic had a pretty darn good feeling why, but that was something better discussed with Big Z in private. She had been quietly relieved when Mr. Finnley found the strength to engage Big Z in direct conversation, and it seemed things had been accepted as truths by the latter. No more laser eyes, no more threats, not more hostility. Anyway...

"Anyway, please come back anytime you like! Well, during store hours of course, but you're welcome to stop by for a chat or if you need some work done!" She was certain a nice guy like Mr. Finnley was going to need some help in the future, and Jo was more than willing to offer her services for whatever mechanical troubles ailed him. It had been odd, though... Was it her imagination or did the man speak as if they had known each other before?

Given what had just occurred not even ten minutes ago, Jo chalked it up to frantic nerves. "And don't feel upset about Big Z not trying the sugar-free banana bread. He's not hungry when worked up," she explained. The man was bound to eat something later when he felt better, though! And speaking of worked up...

"I really hate to do this, I do, but I need to help Big Z. Would it be alright if you stopped by another day? You could hang around much longer then!" Sorry Mr. Finnley, but Jo really needed to close the shop for a bit.

Please don't take any offense!
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 38

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:37 pm

A little startingly, Zurg thanked him for speaking up. Mitchell blinked a bit at that but said nothing. He'd take it, oh yes, he'd take it. It was better than the alternative that stared him in the face prior. He nodded his head back in response and found that words weren't coming so easily anymore. Zurg seemed to have changed. He was present at the wedding of Megamind, but Minion had never spoken to him much during it. The offer for him to either try the food or poison check it was turned down and Mitchell nodded understandingly. "Of course, of course..." Obviously, Zurg was stressed out, and everyone knows eating while stressed will just make you throw up.

With a good tidings for his day and an invitation to come by more, Zurg disappeared downstairs. Jo was quick to do some damage control and he gave her a small smile, still a little...perhaps not unnerved but just more invasive for coming at such a time. "No, its fine, I understand. No harm done, after all! I should have left earlier though, let you go about your business maybe..." Would it sound bad to say that he'd expected a...response something like that? The majority of his interactions with Zurg were while he was still an Evil Emperor and while he had never been at the wrong end of his laser eyes before, he knew of that wicked temper.

Jo insisted he come back sometime, though! During store hours, either for a chat or to get something fixed. "Thank you, Miss Pistonne." He'd leave the tupperware with her, he could always buy more! Or, he could pick it up next time he came! There would be a next time, after all. Although this had gone a bit...differently than he expected, it still made him feel good to see Jo, and even Zurg again. He would just need to be more careful. "Its fine, he can try some later. Maybe when I come again, we can even share recipes!" There was a thought, right? He chuckled a bit and waved a hand at her dismissively. "Its quite alright, Miss Pistonne. He needs you. I'll be back later...okay?" With a slightly hopeful grin, he gave her a wave and walked out of the store.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:37 pm

"Oh, don't trouble yourself," she politely responded to Mr. Finnley, reciprocating his body language. "You didn't come at a bad time and we'd love to have you again. Thank you for your understanding, though. We appreciate it very much." It was a shame things had to end as they had, but everything had turned out okay; that was something to be grateful for, right? Right, and Jo blew out a breath of air after she waved back and saw Mr. Finnley out. Poor guy probably had a miniature heart attack today, but at least she was going to save his tupper and give it back when he visited again. And hopefully he would... Can't worry about that right now, though.

The shop closed for the time being and its front door locked, Jo flipped over her business sign to seal the deal. No one should be stopping by and if someone did, she was just gonna have to take a message. "Alright, now to see what's going on..." She removed her gloves and wiped her hands, heading down into the basement with a gentle knock on a wall. "Don't shoot; it's me," she piped up. Hopefully he took that as a joke to help lighten the mood. But maybe he won't, so it's best to jump straight into the action.

"What's going on, Big Z? Why were you so hostile upstairs with Mr. Finnley?" Jo had an inkling she knew why, although it was best not to assume anything given who she was speaking with.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:26 pm

That had been a disaster. That had been a complete and utter - knock knock! - ...hold that thought.

Jo was right to think that her joke wouldn't be well-received despite her intentions, for a very somber monarch found her words - "Inappropriate," Zurg remarked blandly. Given what could have been the fate of Mr. Finnley had things taken a turn for the worse, yes. But, he quietly supposed, this was perhaps Jo's way of approaching an otherwise prickly situation; no one could really blame her. It had been an intense and uncomfortable lobby not ten minutes ago. Now, she had asked two questions - two questions that were not necessary to ask. The monarch's eyes flickered for a split second, disposition uncertain.

"I believe you are already cognizant of the answer," came his even response. Of course she was, and Zurg would have to be a complete fool to think that she wasn't. At his most root, selfish core he wanted her to say the answer for him, but that would either never come to pass or she would keep stalling. Both options were not satisfying enough so Zurg calmly added further, "I'm upset, but that's just stating the obvious."

And no doubt his response would only spark more questions, so the monarch decided to become proactive. "Mr. Finnley had just been in the wrong place at the wrong time, it was nothing personal. I reckon he's been on the receiving end of a hostile rant before." More on that later, not now. "And I wasn't so much upset with Mr. Finnley's presence as I was with..." Mm, he did not feel alright saying those words. In truth, they were more distressing than the actual reason he had been aggravated in the first place. Nevertheless, they needed to be said and letting the sole antagonist of Zurg's disapproval fester served nothing but counterproductive in the end. And to be clear, Jo was not the sole antagonist; it had been what she'd - "I'm... sorry about what happened upstairs, and, well... on the way here," he said, more quiet than before. "I-If you must know, I kind of... got a little miffed at someone - I didn't hurt them! - but... might have spooked them. A little." Okay, so maybe a lot. "Luckily I had enough sense to give them monetary compensation for a new coffee, but I hope they're not... you know..." Rambling. More rambling and spewing out strings of related, yet unorganized, thoughts.

He didn't want to say it. He absolutely didn't want to say it, but he was just so darn... mad! Well, that was probably a bit of an overstatement at this point. Blowing off all the steam with Mr. Finnley had helped, and Zurg was willing to lower his negativity to... troubled, maybe. An irritated anxious, perhaps?

"..." Seems the apprehension was present, although not so much the irritation.

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:17 pm

Welp, guess that joke wasn't the best of starts. And looks like her questions weren't very good questions, either.

Not meaning to appear confrontational as that would get the mechanic nowhere, Jo crossed her arms and tried to wear a neutral face. It was kinda hard, seeing as how they both had tempers and right now Big Z's distant, overlord schema was doing absolutely no wonders for her patience. But that was A-OK, because it was both: A) something she could overcome or handle; and B) not long before Big Z stressed himself out at exponential speeds. Which, according to her previous experiences, should be right about -

Now wrote:"I'm... sorry about what happened upstairs, and, well... on the way here. I-If you must know, I kind of... got a little miffed at someone - I didn't hurt them! - but... might have spooked them. A little. Luckily I had enough sense to give them monetary compensation for a new coffee, but I hope they're not... you know..."

Like clockwork, and Jo was not going to sigh or exhibit signs of frustration or disappointment. However...

However, she did approach and plant both of her hands firmly upon his cheeks without any warning. "For crying out loud, Big Z," Jo said, giving them a stern wiggle. "You're mad with me, just say it! Don't try and deny it, too." Of course she had figured out he was upset, but it was predictable of him to not confess and say what the real source of his aggravation was; which, you know, was her. Not about what led to today's kerfuffle, though. She released his face, having figured that the shock value fulfilled its purpose, and stepped back with a quiet exhale. Had to let that breath of air out sometime, right? "Look, I figured you've been having a Karnosian brain slug eat away at you for the past month. I also figured it started with..." Nnngh, did she really have to say it?

Jo scrunched her nose out of distaste and would refrain from belittling herself and Big Z any further. "That... guy," she reluctantly finished. Yeah yeah, let bygones be bygones and all that Rhizomian crud. The mechanic was cut from a different mold, though, and she wasn't the type to forgive and forget. Forgive maybe, but definitely not forget. "And I'm also guessing that you're upset with me because of what happened after that... man came over. Am I right so far?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:18 pm

Slap!

...And then Jo commenced with the face-wiggling, Zurg momentarily astonished. "Ack! Stop it, stop it!" But it was no use. The woman was going to stop only when she deemed it fit, which wasn't until Jo was done saying her piece. Mad at her? Well, the monarch wasn't about to go that far... "Jo, I'm not mad with you," he clarified, rubbing his face once she let go. Zurg could never truly be mad with her, as that wouldn't be right. "I was just... a little upset with what happened last month." And, admittedly, he partially felt disappointed with himself for allowing these feelings to happen. How many times had the monarch upset or angered Jo during the course of their relationship, after all?

The alien didn't say a word more as Jo continued, her blame falling upon a certain... individual, yes. Zurg wisely did not speak of a certain name and kept his following sentences purposely vague. "Well, it's a bit... more than that," he confessed. Oh, where to begin?

It was his turn to sigh and the monarch had himself a seat upon a nearby workbench, shoulders drooping forward and eyes tired. "Yes, I wasn't happy with what you did when... you-know-who came over, but I really can't fault you for it," he said. Jo just... needed to get away and recuperate; nothing wrong with that, and Zurg had done that plenty times before. "I understand you were angry that day, Jo, I do. I just... I just wished you hadn't taken off for a week like you had. I-I know I've had my bouts of panic and, you know, left you behind, but..." But Jo was stronger in this regard than he was, and feeling that level of powerlessness had been somehow... traumatic. Still didn't make him feel any less selfish, but there it was. The monarch finally looked up at her and quietly added, "I was... worried. It's a dangerous world out there, and I know there are people who would want nothing more than to hurt either you or myself through you. If something had happened to you out there, I would have never forgiven myself." What if she, too, disappeared and never came back...?

Such a thought was almost too much to bear, but Zurg didn't ignore it. He didn't like it, but he didn't ignore it. "As for the more to my story... It has something to do with Megamind," the monarch admitted. Ugh, what a stressful month January had been. "Megamind had came to me for advice and I gave him the what-for; a harsh what-for, but he needed to hear it. Sadly, I don't think he listened to my sentiments and, well... I fear he's gone. He's gone, and that's that."

Yet another face to disappear off the face of Portal Breach.

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:40 pm

What does he mean, he wasn't mad with her... Big Z had practically been ready to stuff poor Mr. Finnley into his dessert tupper! Although as for him being upset with her regarding last month... You mean to tell her he had been holding all of this in since then? Jo let out a quiet exhale and at last had her suspicions confirmed. "Big Z..." She took a spot on the same workbench and sidled next to the somber alien, the mechanic gently resting her head upon his arm. It was a rough time, Jo will admit. She shouldn't have lost her cool like she had, but man... That damn demon had it coming like something fierce. How dare he show his ungrateful mug after everything he put Big - nngh, this was the wrong time for that.

"You know I was going to come back, right?" she asked him, looking up with a partially-smushed cheek.

And it must have been murder on Big Z, because he never did well with his separate anxiety. "I know, you're right. I shouldn't have left you and Lawrence alone like that, and I'm deeply sorry for making you worry up a tumour." It's just... She had to get away - had to. If she hadn't, who knows what damage Jo could have done in her blind rage. "It's just... I hate seeing you hurt, and him showing up unannounced like that just... set me off. I'm sorry, Big Z. Sometimes I get a little overprotective."

He may not like to admit it, or at least only to her, but Big Z was as fragile as anyone else. Sure, sure; he barked loud and had a frightening temper, but all that? All of that was just a bunch of hot air from a man who didn't like to appear vulnerable or awkward.

Kinda like Pops...

"Huh? Megamind?" Now that was a name Jo hadn't expected to hear, and she narrowed her eyes. "Wait, whaddaya mean he's gone? As in gone-gone, like... poof?" What the heck!? What about Roxanne and Minion? What about his supposed "daughter", Jana? Or his friend, Kev? Craters, what about practically everyone!? There came that infamous Pistonne temper again and Jo felt her forehead growing hot. "Uuuugh... That's a load of pedian slug guano," she grumbled. No wonder Big Z had been a bit gloomy earlier last month. "Do the rest know?" Jo asked. "Maybe we should tell them so they can... y'know, either grieve or think about this. Craters, we gotta at least tell Roxanne and Minion. They ought to know more than anyone else." This was just awful news...
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:30 pm

Okay, okay. So Zurg had been just a pinch mad - this still wasn't his definition of mad! If you wanted to see it, don't. Instead be savvy and ask a brain pod or grub next time. They're around somewhere, you know.

The monarch welcomed her warmth and company, a soft rumble escaping his throat as Jo rested her head upon him. Mm, these tender moments were always nice... It was unfortunate that it came about after such stressful events, however. "I..." Did he know that she was going to come back? "I... had hoped that you would return, yes. But... I know better now than to take things for granted." Please don't take this the wrong way, Jo. Zurg wasn't questioning your character and he wasn't thinking any less of you. He was just... used to those he cared for disappearing without a rhyme or reason. The monarch averted his gaze when she looked up at him, his rumbling far quieter than before. "I know you didn't mean anything by it, Jo. We were both under a lot of anxiety, and you simply needed to take a step back to breathe." And that was perfectly all right.

It had hurt, yes. But it had also needed to be done, and the monarch would rather have Jo vent her frustrations in a healthy manner than, say, implode into a mess of violence and questionable choices that she would come to later regret. "You mean two tumours," he lightheartedly corrected, wrapping a loving arm around her. "One for you and one for me. I'd worry another for Lawrence, but he can't get them." Lucky devil.

And she was right, as usual. Zurg never did like showing his rough patches, but it was both hard and taxing to keep a constant vigilance over them. Every now and then he simply... lost it.

That cannot be happening like it had earlier today. Especially if Jo kept worrying.

"Megamind is... gone, yes. But there's more that you should know." Already sensing that Jo was well on the way to having a bit of a temper flare herself, Zurg reached up and placed a warm hand over her heated forehead. Yep, a temper flare. "Shh... Don't work yourself up over it," said the pot to the kettle. "There is nothing we can do, no matter how much it aggravates us. And as for the others? Well, who did you think Mr. Finnley was?" Hint hint: only one other person, besides Lawrence, could bake on the monarch's godly level. "I recognize that youthful voice anywhere, Jo. You didn't meet someone knew, you had met a disguised Minion. And I reckon he already knows of his friend's disappearance. Possibly Roxanne's as well, as she wasn't with him." It was hard to think that both had left their fishy friend behind, but... that's sadly how some folks operated.

Zurg sighed for himself and Minion, internally understanding the heartache the poor fish had to face. "I feel sorry for him... He didn't really deserve that. None of them did," he remarked quietly. Kev, Jana, everyone else... It was just awful news all around, Jo was right. And it was news that had the monarch contemplating something for a while, his recent outburst only cementing it.

"Jo, would you... be fussed if I asked for a vacation?" Somewhere in a Gamma far, far away... its Pool of Souls froze over.

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:02 pm

A pinch, he calls it...

Aw, her big purple kitty was getting all rumbly. "I understand, Big Z." Jo had heard the hesitation in his voice and knew where his troubles lied. "I just want you to know that I'm not going anywhere. I know you've heard this before, but a Pistonne sticks to their guns." And this Pistonne, ladies and gentlemen, was made of tougher stuff. The only way Jo could be separated from Big Z, the grumpy star in her sky, was if: A) something forced her away into whatever pit of despair it had planned for her; or B) if he so much dared as to make her watch a soap opera marathon. Alright, so that last one was just for giggles... But the truth of the matter is, Jo's not leaving him for the whole Gamma! All twenty-six, too.

"Yeah, you're right. I needed to step back and calm down. If it'll make you feel better, though, I just took the bike around the countryside and studied the stars. I didn't believe you at first, but it's actually kinda pretty without all the city lights and noisy ambiance. We ought to get building on our nature retreat, Big Z! I found some beautiful locations around the base of a lone, snowy mountain." Hey, she may be a city-slicker but Jo hadn't forgotten!

And two tumours, eh?

A small giggle escaped her lips and Jo snuggled closer, wrapping both of her arms around Big Z's waist. "Don't forget about the cats, too," she teased back. "I'm certain they were fretful without their mommy around." Oh, who was she kidding? Those cats behaved better for Big Z than her!

Anyway, Megamind. Bleh... Jo was partially miffed that her mental thoughts of Homo and Shalti were now replaced with a certain insincere blue-headed alien, but what can you do? "More that I should know? Craters, if it's as upsetting as the rest then I really don't want to." But maybe she should, because Big Z would say otherwise if he thought she shouldn't. The hand to her forehead was a nice touch, though. She pretended to still be irritated just to keep it there longer. "Sure, there's nothing we can do. I get that, but that doesn't mean we necessarily have to like it," returned the mechanic. "And who did I think Mr. Finnley was...?" There was a slight pause before Jo answered rather bluntly, "Mr. Finnley." Well, who else would he be!? The man said he was Mr. Finnley, so she thought his name was - "Minion!?"

Say what!?

Now that had Jo leaping off the workbench, her hands balled into fists and her face slightly reddening. "You mean to tell me that had been Minion who visited me, not someone named Mr. Finnley!?" Jo huffed. Why all the deceit, mang? She had thought the two of them were cool, like ice! Ice cool! "I don't get it... Why'd he visit me while under a disguise? It's not like I was ever mad at him, or something." Craters, she had helped construct Minion's new suit! ...Or was that a dummy suit for Prixlezub?

... wrote:"Jo, would you... be fussed if I asked for a vacation?"

...Say double what!?

Immediately the mechanic's hotheadedness was gone, and she turned to face her companion with a blank stare. "Hang on." Just to make sure she wasn't dreaming... "Ow!" Nope, that pinch to the stomach hurt, so she wasn't dreaming. "You're actually asking me - asking - to go on a vacation?" Colour Jo... er, purple! Purple with a pair of horns and red eyes~! "Gee, I really wasn't expecting that out of you, but... Nope! Can't say I'd be fussed if you did. How long are we talking?" Aw, some R&R ought to really help Big Z with his stress and things! And who knows? Maybe he'd come back with an actual libido for once. "He he he..." Don't mind the drooling.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:22 am

Yes, a pinch. Face it, Jo. You've never seen the monarch 100% mad, the same as how he's never seen you 100% mad. Come to think of it, she'd be right terrifying... But despite that horrid anger streak, Zurg believed her. Jo wasn't like Xenon, the same as she wasn't like Lightyear, Darkmatter, Hanna, Megamind, and... yes, Hellboy. She wasn't like any of these people because Jo, unlike them, was as she casually put it, made of tougher stuff. Certainly far tougher stuff than him, and for that... he will always be eternally grateful. Even if he was a grumpy star that kept prodding her to watch a soap opera marathon with him. Honestly, they weren't that bad!

"Oh, so you had gone to the countryside?" Zurg had been wondering where Jo had went for an entire week. He had originally guessed she went... he didn't know, somewhere fairly close and local. The mechanic wasn't a very good pilot, after all. "...Mountains? Jo, you really went far. That's a little, um, scary all alone, don't you think?" Yes, yes! He was already being a worry-wort, so sue him. Those mountains were nowhere near the city, Cosmos! But as for their proposed getaway for when pedian slug guano hits the fan? "I haven't forgotten about that, although we've yet to set aside a certain time for when we both go inspecting several plots of land," he calmly reminded. Once he had taken the bike out for an afternoon ride and found some scenic properties, and Jo had the same opportunity not too long ago. It'd be only proper that they go out together and show each other what the other half found. "Not sure I like mountains, though... Rock slides and all that." Bears, too. You remember the bear, Jo. The one with gatling guns for arms and a penchant for chasing naked people.

And think of the cats! Would they like a rowdy bear such as that stomping around, forcing their servants owners to be stripped of all their clothing? Never mind that Jo would probably fancy it... Lawrence too, if he had no shame. Speaking of their furry darlings...

"Are you kidding?" Zurg playfully snorted. "Those cats had free reign of the bed, what are you talking about?" Felines don't fret a thing!

But it seemed Jo wasn't a practitioner of such a carefree lifestyle, as her discovering that Mr. Finnley had been none other than Minion seemed to... well, rile her. "You mean you didn't notice?" Zurg asked, removing his hand once Jo shot up from her seat. Aw, they had been spending a nice moment together, too. Jo, you and your firecracker nature at times. "Well... maybe he simply wasn't ready to reveal himself? I can understand the poor thing's situation." It could be that Minion had suffered a terrible loss at the news of his lifelong friend disappearing, along with Megamind's sweetheart. It could also be that Minion didn't know where everyone else stood on the matter, as well.

"I'm sure he wasn't trying to be deceitful," Zurg continued, being the voice of reason. "And besides... Mr. Finnley? How could you honestly not see that one coming? It was like a star shining three feet away! A blue one!" Jo, Jo, Jo... And you had the nerve call him the blind one. "Anyway... Whatever Minion's reasoning is, I say leave him be and let the fish explain things when he's ready." That way the monarch could also properly apologize for his behaviour in the lobby.

And yes, he was asking you about a vacation! You were one of his employers, weren't you?

Zurg wasn't so sure he liked Jo's chuckling, along with her nasty drooling, but he tried not to assume the worst. Guh, womanly fantasies... Leave the monarch out of it! "That's settled, then. I'm also thinking about taking a week off. You know... to, I suppose, take a step back and have a few puffs of fresh, stress-free air." Tch, like that was ever going to happen. One could dream, though. "I'd like to start soon, but I'm willing to push it back until you can fit it somewhere in your schedule, Jo. I also have to stop by Tally's shop and confer with her, too." With any luck, Zurg can get Senor Beefcake to take care of all Tally's voracious PITAs~!

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:25 pm

Jo tried to be tougher, although she still had her flaws. And no, those soap operas were just darn atrocious! How could he watch that garbage and actually cry over it, honestly? "Yep! I had gone aaaaaall the way into the countryside and rolled down many grassy knolls. Big Z, don't give me that concerned look. I can take care of myself." Jo was a big girl, she could handle her big girl pants. "Besides!" she cheerfully beamed up at him. "I'm here in one piece talking to you right now, aren't I? That's gotta account for at least something." On the first day and night alone Jo had been a teensy bit afraid - just a teensy bit. After that, however, it was smooth sailing until she finally felt ready to return home with a far better disposition.

"What's wrong with a mountain?" Rock slides? ...Bears? "Pffft!" Jo playfully rolled her eyes and dismissed a hand, clearly not as anxious as he was. "We haven't seen that bear in like forever, Big Z. I bet old X has completely forgotten about it, too." Yes, she remembered that smelly bear Portal-X had been fond of letting loose. She also remembered her parents exploding in the Sanctuary, come to think of it. "Ehhh... Don't let all that stop you from pursing our goals, Big Z. We've got a whole eternity ahead of us! Let's make the most of it."

She would happily suggest lots and lots of chocolate and sex, but... you know...

So the mechanic suggested the next best thing: companionship. "Hey, that sounds like a great idea! Maybe after your vacation and feeling better we can go out to the countryside and see what there is to share?" Jo was partial to a nice meadow with an alpine forest all around, herself. He would probably like something a little less conspicuous, but everything was worth a gander at least once. "Man, nothing I do makes Homo and Shalti happy to see me except when I'm holding a can of fresh tuna..." No fair! Big Z had originally not even been a fan of the cats and look what happened. "Guess that explains why there was nothing but old fur on my side of the bed. We'll see how they like it when I give them a bath later this week," she grumbled. Your yowls of terror and disapproval will be scrumptious, ladies.

"And of course I didn't notice!" Jo lightly swatted him, pretending to be irritated. "What was I supposed to do, demand he show me his ID and strip? Not all of us have heightened senses, Big Z. Some of us are actually quite dull." She wouldn't want anything more than what she already had, because smelling everything like he could? Ew, no thanks. "Yeah, I guess you're right..." Jo relented, calming down. "He could have been nervous like you said, and I know he's a great guy. Hopefully he'll come back like he said so we can all sort things out."

WOW wrote:"And besides... Mr. Finnley? How could you honestly not see that one coming? It was like a star shining three feet away! A blue one!"

Way to rub it in, Big Z!

The mechanic made a sour face and stuck out her tongue, her detective skills just a little bit hurt. "Alright, alright! So that went over my head - I get it, sheesh. I still don't make it a habit to assume the worst in people unlike a certain someone." Banter aside, Jo was going to follow her companion's advice and leave Minion be. When he's ready, he'll be... well, ready, right? Here's hoping, anyway...

"A week, huh? You can take it right now, if you want. I'll just ask Lawrence if he'd like to help out a bit if I get too swamped with commissions," Jo suggested. Granted, Big Z was her best and only skilled technician with an understanding for the more finer aspects of technology and robotics, but she was confident that Lawrence wasn't a slouch with a spanner, either. "If push comes to shove, I'll just put a notice out front so customers and visitors understand that the hours will be cut for a week. It's no big, so don't feel like you're obligated to forgo your vacation. Actually..." Jo glanced up at the digital clock nearby and began some afternoon scheming. "Actually, now that you've mentioned it, let's go visit Tally and get you started right away."

Don't even bother objecting, because Jo was already batting at his knees. "Up, up, up!" she urged, tugging his hands. "Time's wasting and you got a vacation to enjoy, you big potato! We're also going to visit the man you harassed earlier so you can properly apologize."

She hadn't forgotten about that, buster.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:41 pm

How could he enjoy those, as you so erroneously called them, tacky soap operas? Why, like how any heartless, soulless creature would! By making others watch them with him so he wouldn't be alone in his misery. Homo and Shalti were the most common victims, although they tended to fall asleep thirty minutes in. You were next, Jo.

"So you rolled in the grass..." No, too late. Zurg was already starting to fret. "I don't know, Jo. What if you had been, say, stung by an irate Karnosian wasp and your entire body swelled? Or worse, bit by a notorious crag beetle from Raenok? Their bites chew through bone! And, if I may say so, you wouldn't be here today poking fun at my logical anxieties so brazenly if you had." Even then, these were just the many such dangers that came from their home universe. Who was to say what other horrors lurked in the countryside from other dimensions, ready to mercilessly descend upon whatever unsuspecting traveler they could find? Ooh, just gave him shivers just thinking about it! "Sure, we haven't seen that awful creature in a long while; that doesn't mean X has necessarily forgotten about it, though. You know how he gets..." And none of these concerns were stopping the monarch from achieving his goals! What made Jo think that?

The monarch considered himself to be a very ambitious man, although an eternity... that was certainly a long time, wasn't it? "But I'm already making the most of it by sticking to what I'm comfortable with," he replied. It may not be glamourous going to a normal job everyday and entertaining himself with menial chores, but it was currently enough for him and Zurg was content where he was. He did feel slight urges from his previous career, however... Minute ones. Now, as for obscene amounts of chocolates and sex...

Boy, Jo caught the wrong fish! Don't go fishing for guppies when you've got whale bait on the line.

But companionship was always doable, and the monarch was happy to hear that Jo agreed with his previous suggestion. "Oh nonsense, Jo. Both of the cats love you dearly," he rumbled. "It's just that they equate my likeness to that of the Designated Can Opener. You, however, are no doubt seen as the Bringer of Sadness and Wet Things."

... wrote:"What was I supposed to do, demand he show me his ID and strip?"

"Or you could have just... pointed out that his watch looked kind of funny like any sane person would have?" Just a thought, Jo. But of course Zurg's infallible reasoning was meriting of a light swat, the monarch crossing his eyes and figuring to keep his black hole of a mouth shut. It was best to stop while he was ahead, because Jo had a mean right jab. "And I do not assume the worst in people!" Never mind, that jab was going to be worth it. Zurg placed a hand upon his chest and continued to profess his innocence. "I just, you know, am quick to point out their disingenuous natures, that's all. People are notorious for obscuring the truth until it either suits them or it's too late." He was willing to bet that Minion was more of the former as opposed to the latter, for the fish never seemed like one to instigate trouble or hardship. Well, unless he absolutely had no choice.

And the alien could take his vacation right now? ...Really?

Zurg wasn't used to making spontaneous decisions (he was a tad slow that way), but... he supposed Jo had a point. It was best to get this over with now so nothing else was left to chance. "Mmngh... Alright," the monarch relented. Jo's suggestions were enough to convince him that she'll be fine and didn't need his help. "I guess I'll just... pack a few bags a bit later, then." Oops, just realized something. Where was he supposed to go? Craters, what was he even going to do!?

"...On second thought, I don't think I figured this all the way thro - ow, ow, ow!" Hey, cut that out! Stop banging on his knees, Jo! You know how sensitive his joints can be. Zurg frantically shoo'd her meddlesome hands away, standing up not long after. "Alright, alright! I get the picture!" he snorted. "Just... Just stop pestering my knees! I won't be able to walk anywhere if you keep at it."

Well, looks like they were taking a sudden detour to Tally's floral shop.

As well as revisiting that fellow on the sidewalk...

"No objections here," he sighed. If it had to be done, it had to be done. Zurg straightened out his veil and motioned for them both to start heading upstairs. "Very well, let's go and find the poor bloke." If he was still there, of course. Who knows where the fellow had gone in the last half hour or so. Oh, and before the monarch forgot... Jo would feel a light peck and a brief nuzzle before more rumbling filled her ears. "And thank you for speaking with me about all of this, Jo. It's really helped." Zurg just needed to remember that talking was good before everything reached its boiling point. "Also..." The tender moment was gone and soon the monarch wore a most critical expression. "Why am I a potato? What's that slang for?"

No really, why?

Finished.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:10 am