Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Treat Delivery

Post by Minion on Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:39 pm

Time: 1:34 PM
    Date: February 7th 2014

It was back in October that Minion had first decided to himself that he really ought to try and get back into the Portal Breach community. After all, any friends he did have probably thought he was dead, and that wasn't really right. At least, for the friends he still wanted to have. The Inn was a great place to live, and he really liked the staff there, but otherwise he tried to stay away from people as a whole and usually had Goldy the Goldfish as his only constant companion. The main reason he tried not to branch out was because he was deeply afraid that he would give himself away somehow. That maybe he'd go out for lunch with a friend and Megamind or Roxanne would happen to be there. They'd recognize him through the hologram and be all over him, want him back where he had escaped, would slather him with apologies that were not really apologetic, would try and convince him that they loved him.

And then he would be right back where he began. He didn't want to be back where he began, he liked being free. He liked not having to take care of a couple of adults who should have been able to handle themselves by now. Having to share space with people who he was sure he didn't really know anymore. He wanted to go out and about, see people and say hello to old friends, but the same fear seemed to paralyze him and keep him in the Inn.

This time however, he was keeping that fear back, although the human hands that held tupperware seemed to be clinging onto it rather than gently carrying. The human that walked down the business district took a few deep breathes to steady himself. A tall young man with messy black hair and warm brown eyes, with a light black jacket and a green scarf wrapped around his neck walked into Jo's chop shop, glancing around almost timidly. Play it cool, Minion. Its been a long time since you've seen Jo, and she likely thinks you're dead. No need to scare her, just give her the treats, speak a bit, and leave! Simple enough, right? He seemed to clear his throat before speaking up.

"H-hello?" He deepened his voice a bit, to try and disguise it. "I'm uh...newer...ish...here, and I uh...wanted to drop off something to eat! Working hard in a chop shop, you're probably...really really hungry!" Smooth as a freshly shaven face.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Treat Delivery

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:54 am

Jo had just about packed up to leave the shop and exchange her shift with Big Z, who should be arriving any minute. Lunch pail in hand with a warm jacket and fuzzy scarf hugging her body, the mechanic happily went up the basement stairs and almost didn't see her new arrival in time. Hey, who was that dark-haired man anxiously standing in the lobby? She'd never seen him before!

"Hi, welcome to the Chop Shop!" she kindly greeted him. Technically the mechanic shouldn't be able to attend to this man's needs, but Big Z wasn't here quite yet~! Jo walked behind the storefront and set her lunchbox aside, out of sight behind the counter, and glanced back up at... ooh, a tub of snacks! Why did this guy bring her snacks? Not going to lie, Jo's stomach rumbled and she immediately blushed for her abdomen's shamelessness. "Oops, sorry. Didn't mean to growl at you there," she apologized. The mechanic could really go for some chocolate right about now... Maybe there were cookies inside? Or brownies!? Wait, wait, wait. Use your thinkin' cap, Pistonne. This strange guy was giving you food! And you know what Big Z said about accepting things from strangers. Then again...

She eyed the tupperware and tapped her cheek, listening as her guest was apparently new and just wanted to be friendly. Then again, Big Z was a Paranoid Petunia with a hint of Cynical Cindy in the mix. Why would this guy want to poison her or make her sick?

"You're new, huh? Well, in that case, welcome to Portal Breach!" With how nice this guy was and sharply dressed, Jo didn't have a doubt that he'd fit right in. So long as he avoided certain individuals, of course. Hey, speaking of that... The mechanic held out a gloved hand for him to shake and figured to officially introduce herself. "I know I've already said this before, but I'm Jo Pistonne! Nice to meet you, um..." Who was this man again? Don't think he said!
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 38

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:43 pm

Jo descended up from the stairs in the back, which probably meant she just got done with something, especially since she didn't look like she was dressed to start working. In fact, she looked like she was about to go out. Perhaps for lunch? Maybe this visit was well-timed after all. He managed a toothy grin at the greeting and stepped up to the counter, laying the container down. When was the last time he had actually seen Jo? Was it...the wedding? Yes, had to be; the wedding was in June and that October was when he had been...fishnapped by Prixlezub. How long ago was that now...nearly two years? Boy, how time flies...

It was nice to see that Jo looked the same as ever! Even moreso that she was even actually here, considering the disappearances that sometimes happened. "Hello!" He greeted back brightly, though he couldn't help but blink with some surprise when her stomach rumbled and gurgled. "Oh, its fine! Guess I came by at the right time, huh?" This was already going better than he thought it would! When she welcomed him, he couldn't help but feel a little guilty. "Well, probably not that new, sorta newish but also not, you know? I uh, came here around November of last year, so I guess I'm not really new, but I've kept to myself a lot, haven't gotten involved in the disasters too much, so I still feel really new! Does that make any sense?" He drummed his fingers on the tupperware slightly as he tried to calm himself down. This wasn't an interrogation or anything, there was no need to be so precise with the details. But at the same time he felt a little guilty for lying to her in the first place. Although not exactly close, he had always been on good terms with Jo, even having been on a cruise with her that one time! It was easy to lie to the staff at the Inn because even though he knew them, and was very friendly with them when he was Minion, it was a bit more professional. Lying to Jo, who had been a bit more of a personal friend, it felt...dirty.

He reached out for the gloved hand and shook it, a more genuine smile appearing on his face this time. "Mitchell Finley. Its nice to meet you too, Miss Pistonne! I've heard good things about you!" He turned his attention to the tupperware and opened it, revealing the goodies inside. Several pieces of a loaf of banana nut bread, honey and almond cookies and the ever favorite, chocolate chip cookies. "Baked goods are usually a good way to say hi to someone, and I figured a hard worker would appreciate them! The banana nut bread and the honey and almond cookies have sugar substitutes in them instead of real sugar, since you never know if someone's diabetic these days or not! The chocolate chip have the usual sugar in them. The last thing I'd want to do is send you into a coma, that's not the best way to say hi." He chuckled briefly, though the sugarfree fare was actually in mind for a certain someone else...he remembered, when he made a victory cake during his first year here, that a certain purple alien actually couldn't consume sugar.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:39 pm

No sir! This dirty mechanic with stained overalls wasn't about to be heading anywhere. A Pistonne, after all, didn't back out from their promises.

"Oh yeah, totally!" Jo nodded, listening to what her guest was saying. "I don't blame you for staying out of trouble and trying to make sense of your life here. Things can get pretty darn crazy around the summer and winter months." Why that was, not even she knew. Anyway, she shrugged and was more than happy to shake Mr. Finley's hand. Wow, he kinda had a nice, strong grip! And... And he heard things about her? Oh no... "Er, may I ask if these things are, you know, sorta decent things or...?" Sorry, couldn't help it. Considering who she dated, yeah. Yeah...

But looks like Mr. Finley didn't seem fussed about anything, so that probably meant he hadn't heard anything condemning - probably. He must not have if he was stopping over to introduce himself and offer something nice! "Oh wow, you made those for me?" Look! Mr. Finley had not only baked several homemade goods for her benefit, but he had also made some that were sugar-free! Jo felt particularly thrilled about having some chocolate chip cookies, since someone was incredibly stingy with the sweets, and she honestly didn't know how to thank Mr. Finley's generosity. She also didn't seem to catch on that he had been thoughtful enough for the sugar-free additions... Man, Portal Breach was making her soft! "This is so nice of you, Mr. Finley!" she said, removing her eyes off his baked goods. "I'm... regrettably not a good baker, ha ha, but I can repay you by fixing something of yours for free! How does that sound?"

And, because she absolutely couldn't resist anymore at this point, Jo removed a glove and pinched two fingers together. "May I have a cookie right now, if you don't mind?" she politely asked.

Please! Pleeeeeeeeeeease! You don't know what kind of a cruel, oppressive tyrant she lived with!
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:11 pm

Mitchell chuckled in response and nodded. "Oh yes, I've heard some...very interesting things about what happens around here." Honestly, Minion had never really been a part of these...apocalypses that happened. He'd gone on a mission for Morgana once upon a time, along with several others. He honestly didn't remember much! Otherwise, his most recent experiences with the disasters that happened were standing on the sidelines and consoling a worried Mrs. Ritchi while Megamind was facing the danger head on to protect them. His smile faltered briefly at the memories. He often came home covered in injuries, though when hadn't he ever come home without injuries? Memories and feelings from the past bubbled up but he shoved them away quickly. Now of all times wasn't the time.

"Decent?" He raised an eyebrow at her, before realizing what she meant. "Oh, of course! I've heard about your skills with mechanics, the way you've fought to protect this place in the past!" The grin turned a little sheepish when he spoke again. "And some interesting things about the 'man' you're currently dating." He waggled his brows at her teasingly, though inwardly he hoped that they were still together. If not, things were going to get awkward.

"For you, yes! Though if you have any co-workers or housemates you're free to share. These are your's now, after all." She seemed quite pleased with what she had received! "Its the least I could do, Miss Pistonne. You seemed like a nice person from what I've heard. Someone I'd like to become acquainted with, perhaps." Fixing something of his for free in return? His eyes darted to the watch for a moment. Considering that, and the robotic body that was really his body, it sounded like a fair deal. "That sounds splendid!" Though that might mean telling her who he really was...he was still on the fence about if ne should tell her. He could cross that bridge when he came to it.

"Of course! They're your's now. You could eat everything right now if you want even, I won't judge." He chuckled briefly, before giving her an apologetic look. "If I have interrupted you in the middle of a lunch break, I could always leave and come back later." Rumbling tummy, a need for sugary cookies, she was in need of a lunch break, that was for sure.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:00 pm

Where, oh where is that pain in his butt? She was supposed to be home roughly half an hour ago! Notice the heavy emphasis on "hour".

Done waiting back at the house for what should have been a punctual exchanging of their shifts, Zurg decided to take matters into his own hands. Considering how reliable they were in comparison to someone's as of late, yes!

Naturally the monarch wasn't very happy this afternoon; Jo's tardiness, coupled with some very agitating recent happenings, wasn't settling well for the alien's otherwise turbulent moods. Oh sure, Zurg knew how to relax better and take in deep breaths whenever he noticed a temper attack bubble up. That part was fairly squared away, but handling so many at once in such a short amount of time? Not... quite as capable as the monarch would like to be. Megamind, Hellboy, everything else... No, no. Zurg was facing an uphill climb and, really, he wasn't a man who necessarily liked being thrown out of his element for too long. It disrupted his inner peace, see. And one mustn't take an ex-Evil Emperor's inner peace from him, lest they wish to flirt with catastrophe and get themselves kidnapped, turned into a hostage, and thrust into a gaudy pretty pink princess outfit. Zurg still had it, you know.

"I cannot believe she is late - AGAIN! - and hasn't bothered to call me regarding her whereabouts!" Never mind, his inner peace was lost. So very, very lost. Fuming and doing his absolute hardest to not incinerate anything - or anyone - on his usual route to work, the monarch rounded a familiar corner and kept venting to himself. Loudly, mind you. There was hardly anything quiet about the alien besides what he ate for breakfast earlier that day, eggs being the most offensive culprit. Say, look at that man happily reading his newspaper with a cup of hot coffee! You know what Zurg despised the most when he was in one of his spells?

People being happy. But, most importantly, people being happy while in his presence.

Sorry What's-Your-Face, but you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. No hard feelings, right?

A great purple hand forced John Doe out from his seat and thrust him against a building's nearby brick wall, the one-sided altercation happening in mere seconds. Poor bloke didn't stand a comet's chance. "You!" the monarch practically shouted, inches from his latest fixation. "You're a human, RIGHT? Nod your head! Come on, I haven't got all day, now!"

"Y-Yeah, sure!" the man squeaked with a shaky nod, pointed nose and wide eyes the only things visible above his shirt's collar.

Good enough. Zurg's temper cooled it half a degree, just enough to not simply explode right here on the street corner, so that was a blessing in and of itself. Onward with the interrogation! The monarch growled and narrowed his eyes, not feeling very charitable today. "Super! Splendid! Jim-crackin'-dandy!" he continued to exclaim, agitated. "And since you are a human male, I'm presuming, then you must know about your human females! NOD!"

And boy did that man nod.

"Excellent, excellent..." That wavering in the alien's voice sounded quite insidious, didn't it? "Now," Zurg whispered, much closer to his pseudo-captive. "I have a question for you - one that I desperately need answered. Does it sound normal to you, hmm, when a human female that you are currently dating doesn't: A) come home on time; B) call you about her whereabouts when she's late; and C) put away her dirty dishes? Does that sound normal to you!?" Okay, so that last one was actually just one of the monarch's pet peeves concerning Jo. It was just begging to be said, still!

"W-Well, if I may..." Now was the time for Mr. John Doe to shine, and he spoke with more volume while tentatively peeking out from his shirt's collar. Oh god, why did he bother taking a detour from his normal routine today? "Perhaps she is, you know, taking a break? Women do that all the time, you know. I-I mean, it could be that she's keeping her, um, options... open?" And he really couldn't imagine why, sarcasm.

Alas, that was the wrong answer from Mr. John Doe and Zurg, as expected, reacted negatively.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!"
    Knowing better than to outright cause bodily harm and consequently summon the ISOs, the monarch relinquished his grip from the man's collar and proceeded to slam an infuriated fist right into the brick wall. BAM! No doubt that hurt and caused a bit of abrasion, but do you honestly think Zurg cared? No way, he was too darn mad!

"I CANNOT BELIEVE - NGGHGNG, MNGKHGGG, MMMMBNNBBNBNBN!" Translation: Sorry about the fit, good sir. Here, let me make it up for your troubles.

At first Zurg stormed away and didn't look back, but he soon returned to the man he had just harassed and shoved an angry hand into his pocket. The monarch's, not the man's. "Here!" he forcefully blurted, cramming a few credits into John Doe's shaking palm. "I see you like to drink coffee. I, too, like to drink COFFEE! Get yourself the good kind, none of that cheap sludge they call premium, and order a #2 with double espresso shots! YOU'LL THANK ME LATER." And then he was off, the alien shoving himself past a crowd of gossiping teenagers with some well-placed shoulder jerks.

"Make way for your elders!" Zurg barked, practically on their heels.

Chop Shop, here he comes. And Mitchell Finley? Prepare to kiss thy anus goodbye.

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:32 pm

Hmm...? What's the matter, Mr. Finnley? Why did your smile suffer just now?

It could be anything and Jo didn't find it her place to ask, so she made sure that her grin was for both herself and him. "Aww, you're just saying that..." she replied with a small blush, one hand dismissing Mr. Finnley's flattering claims. Of course, it was true that Jo was naturally the best mechanic around. Why not, right? It's not like there were any other mechanics around these parts that would give her a run for her money. Big Z didn't technically count, as he worked for her and dabbled more in the stuff Jo wasn't confident with. Just her and her little shop, baby! "Interesting, huh?" Oh boy, that was certainly a word to describe her eccentric and intimidating employee. Jo suppressed a giggle at the eyebrow waggling and did, in fact, indicate that her and Big Z were still together. Yep yep! "That sounds like him, alright. Don't worry, he's not as scary as he sounds!"

Famous last words, Jo. Famous last words... Anyway, the mechanic wasn't as naive as she may be acting right now, but she did feel like she could... could trust Mr. Finnley, if that made sense? He felt so familiar, somehow... Jo wanted to desperately place her finger on something of his, like his friendly smile and well-mannered composure, but the key piece was just this much away from her grasp. Just this much!

|...|, see?

"I'm glad you find me nice, Mr. Finnley, and I hope to see more of you around! You're kind of a breath of fresh air compared to some of the more sharp folks here, but don't let that deter you. I'm certain you'll fit right in and make lots of friends if you just know where to look." With a nice guy attitude like Mr. Finnley's, the mechanic was seriously hoping no one took advantage of him. And, if they did, shame on them! Then again, Jo had only met the fellow right now and there was still that little bell ringing in her head. I'm familiar, I'm familiar!, it cried. Guh, this is what she gets for not paying too much attention whenever Big Z tried to wise up her detective skills. She noticed him glancing down at his watch and Jo immediately assumed she was keeping Mr. Finnley from something important. Oops! "Oh gosh, I could never eat all of these right now! I mean, what will - really, you wouldn't judge?" Jo, no! Bad Jo. She sheepishly chuckled and pushed that temptation faaaar out of her mind, the mechanic not wanting to appear like quite the Jo-Adian in front of her guest.

Big Z, you drive her to binge with all your strict eating habits! Organic, corn syrup-free, low sugars, less preservatives... A growing woman with hips and breasts like these can't survive on eating just fish and grains!

Craters, you didn't even like to buy soda - SODA! What in the galaxy is she supposed to drink, water!?

Jo wiggled her fingers over the chocolate cookies and picked up the one with the most chips. C'mon, you know you all did that too. "Well, if you insist~!" she happily cheesed. Without further ado Jo began to munch on a cookie, as quietly as she could, and would you know it!?

THESE DAMN THINGS WERE SO CRATER-PICKIN' GOOD.
    The mechanic's eyes rolled upward in their sockets and her legs bowed inwards, a heavenly sensation overcoming both body and tongue. "Nnngh..." This was me-fucking-gusta right here! "Hot rockets, these are just the bomb, Mr. Finnley! You really know how to bake!" Jo loudly exclaimed. You can sorta tell that she was easily impressed by things that she, herself, was rather inept at doing... She had herself another bite and made a delighted sound, practically in chocolate nirvana. Craters, it's been like, what? An entire month since she last had chocolate?

"I was going to head home for the day and switch shifts with my employee, but you can stay a while and meet him!" Not while she's eating this cookie, of course. Big Z would flip his cosmic lid! And he flips pretty darn hard, too. "He's running a little late, but I'm sure he'd be happy to see you. After all, he likes to bake too!" Gasp! "Why, you two could even become baking pals!"

Chocolate + sudden brain activity = a slightly hyperactive imagination from Jo.
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:47 pm

Unknowing of the storm that was headed their way, Jo and Mitchell continued to talk and, at least from his perspective, catch up a bit. Mitchell chuckled at Jo's little blush and her sheepish dismissal of the things he had heard. "And modest too! You really do have it all." He gave her a brief wink, chuckling a bit. Brains, manners, and not a big head in sight! She was a keeper. Zurg was lucky to have her. Speaking of the alien though, Jo was quick to assure him that he wasn't as scary as he sounded. "I'll take your word for it! I know I think I heard that he wasn't nearly as...well...evil as he used to be, and its best not to judge based on the past! But at the same time he sounds very intimidating." In all honesty, Minion himself was a little bit intimidated by the purple alien, even though there were some things he had in common with the Megamind he had known and grown up with.

Life as a super-villain? Check. Smart inventor with a minion or two who served him? Check. Falling in love with a brown haired human/humanoidish...whatever Jo was? Check. Brightly, mono-colored alien? Check! Eventually stopped being a super-villain? Check-a-rooni! The two had even conspired together in a fight against Prixlezub back in the day, though the planning had made him just the tiniest bit...jealous. The two of them sounded like they were having a roaring time without him, and he was used to being Megamind's only 'partner in plotting'. That jealousy had been practically pounded to shreds though, once 'Megamind' had taken on a couple of apprentices without even asking him, even joined a group of people without telling him beforehand. But why would he care, huh? Nannyfish just does as its told and doesn't question the choices of its master. He frowned again, and shook his head to clear those thoughts away. "Sorry, uh, thought I felt a fly or something!" He waved his hand in front of his face as if to wave away the annoying fly, a reminder of the past.

"And I am glad you find me to be a breath of fresh air." He replied with a genuine grin. "I'm hoping to come out of my shell more around this place too. Maybe find somewhere to work! What are some places that you'd suggest looking for some friends?" He asked curiously. He chuckled a bit and waved a hand at her. "Of course I wouldn't! That just means you really like it. Though if you haven't had anything else to eat all day I might not suggest it. But 3 or 4 of them can't hurt!~"

Here it was, the moment of truth. Her fingers snaked around the cookies before deftly deducing which had the most chips and grabbing that one up. Indeed, everyone did that and sometimes even ate around the cookie part to get all of the chips~! Her teeth came down and began to nibble at the cookie and bits of chocolate, Mitchell watching expectantly to see her reaction. Whether it was a gag, a happy sigh, or a loud and resounding 'MMM~!', he wanted to know! He wasn't expecting her eyes to roll back in her head and her knees to buckle, barely able to cover up his chuckle. So she liked them! Really liked them. "I guess this means I should bring more over sometime, hmm?" He offered with a wide grin. It was always nice to have the food you bake be so appreciated!

Though he did blink in some slight surprise. So she wasn't just on her lunch break, she was also switching her shift! "Sure, I'd love to meet your employee!" And he knew how to bake too? "Even better!" He grinned, though he also tried to figure out who this employee was. Was it someone new? He recalled an employee or two in the past, a young man who's name he couldn't remember, but he had also disappeared. Whoever could this employee be?
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:23 pm

Oh that storm was coming, alright. And maybe sooner than you'd think...

It was rather hard to misplace a 6'6" purple alien who could bench press most faces straight into the sidewalk, so it should come to no surprise as a towering figure entered the Chop Shop with all the grace of a raging Raenok. "Jo! You didn't bother to tell me that you were going to be LATE!" barked an aggravated ex-Evil Emperor. And what's this!? Red eyes locked with a certain Finnley's and it was simply destiny that they'd meet like this. "And who is that!? Why is he here and why in the galaxy are you eating something he GAVE you!?" Had she already forgotten what happened last spring with Ra Moon and the robots!? Apparently she did, and the monarch's attitude became increasingly hostile by the second.

Was it bad enough that he worried his horns over her well-being since that fated day, secretly fretting himself to death!? All he asked - all he ever ASKED - was that she be careful and keep her wits about her. That's it, nothing else! How was that so blasted hard to achieve...?

"Nngh...!" It would seem that people were taking his recovery for granted, and Zurg just hated being taken advantaged of. He narrowed both eyes with accompanying rattles of his fists, temper steadily rising. If he reached that notorious boiling point, so help him... "This man has exactly five seconds to vacate the immediate premises before I send him to the Pool of Souls in that dessert container," the monarch growled.

One... Two... Three...

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:00 pm

Jo could be modest in many things! "I'm a lucky girl as of late, what can I say?" Her work sometimes being one, but usually she tried not to get too big for her britches and make an overall nuisance of herself. Like the wonderful ball of love and affection that was storming on his way right now... Oh boy, the mechanic hoped she had an emergency "Big Z's Having a Relapse" kit somewhere. If not, things were going to be incredibly messy.

"Yep! He's not as evil as he used to be, although Big Z can be a little... mm, what's the word?" Jo tapped her lips and had a thunk, weight shifting to her other foot. "Oh, irritable!" she snapped her fingers. That's definitely one word to describe her eternally-scowling employee. "His temper is something fierce, but don't let that deter you. He may be loud and downright prickly to get along with initially, but - hey, do you hear that?" Huh, sounded like someone was having a really bad day a few blocks over! Ah well... She shrugged and returned to Mr. Finnley, glad that he was enjoying his visit to the Chop Shop. "A fly? Oh oh, don't worry about that. When my employee gets here he'll take care of it. He kinda has this thing about eating... bugs." And then thinking he could kiss her or lick her face. Ewww, no! Bug breath! Hopefully Mr. Finnley didn't find that too disgusting - although it really is. And aw, he was looking to make new friends and possibly find a job!

Good places, good places...

Wanting to help Mr. Finnley and figuring him to be a kind, gentle fellow, the mechanic was naturally inclined to try her best. "Well, you could always try the Sanctuary - but be careful!" she quickly warned. "It's a very hectic place and you may find some really disagreeable people in there. I'd say you should only stop by the Sanctuary if you think you're ready for confrontation and... questionable actions. Maybe you'd be better off visiting relaxing places such as the park or library?"

"Of course, you can also visit the local shops and eateries to make pleasant conversation - like how you're doing with me right now!" Jo continued. "That way you can get a better grasp on what the shopkeepers and merchants have to offer, while also learning more about the colourful folks on Portal Breach."

With how friendly Mr. Finnley is, he really shouldn't have a problem. Hopefully no one attempted to take advantage of him...

New Best Friend wrote:"But 3 or 4 of them can't hurt!~"
    That response earned a wink out of the mechanic, and Jo wrapped an arm around the man's shoulders. "My dear Mr. Finnley, I like the way you think~!" So three or four won't exactly sit well on Jo's hips; she was a woman on edge! Gotta replenish those chocolate reserves or heads were going to - "...Okay, so that sounded a wee bit closer than last time." She could have sworn that yelling was coming this way, though. Bad day or something else...?

"Guess someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today," Jo offhandedly commented. Whatever, not her business.

So long as the commotion didn't come this way the mechanic wasn't going to start anything. Not when she has company, too! "That's great to hear, Mr. Finnley!" Jo beamed. "I assure you, my employee isn't as awful as he makes himself out to be. On the outside he can be as nasty as they come, but deep down he's really just a soft, cuddly teddy be - " Aaaaaand then there was a loud bang from the front door, Jo's employee making his grand and dynamic entrance. Normally this wasn't a bad thing, but given that murderous gleam in those red eyes? Yeah, no. Things were about to hit the fan very hard and very fast.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold the vid-phone!" Jo interjected, making a timeout gesture with her hands. Terrific, looks that commotion was about to become her business after all. "Big Z, you can't just come barging in here and bellowing at the top of your lungs! We've got company."

Which, ironically, appeared to set off the raging ex-tyrant even more. Oh, and the fact that her hands were covered in cookie crumbs.

Jo quickly wiped them on the back of her pants, slightly red in the face. "I only had one," she hastily explained. But one was enough, for Big Z had the irrational notion that Mr. Finnley's baking was either poisoned or tampered with. Oi, way too many soap operas for her employee. "Big Z, this is Mr. Finnley. He's new, so be nice," the mechanic stressed. What's with him today...? She certainly hadn't left him like this earlier in the morning, so what gives? "And I was late because Mr. Finnley was kind enough to stop by and visit, along with bringing over his wonderful baked goods. You know, because he wants to reach out to people." Hrrm... And now there was a nasty threat. No, time for Detective Jo to solve this irate mess.

First she held up a finger and stood firm, walking toward the storefront in order to lean over it. The mechanic soon came back to Mr. Finnley's side and offered him that emergency kit referenced from earlier. "Here," she offered him, handing the man a pair of sunglasses and one large, crinkly aluminum sheet. "Put the shades on and cover yourself. Whatever you do, don't show too much skin."

Laser eyes capable of incinerating skin, and all that.

Mr. Finnley now secure and in good hands, Jo turned to her twitching employee and was about to lay down the law. But wisely, of course. This was Big Z, after all.

"Deep breaths," she calmly told the purple alien. Intervention time. "Big Z, you're having a relapse. I know you think you're not, but you are. Now, before you think to turn Mr. Finnley inside out and wear his skin like a cloak, I want you do to one simple thing - just one." Mr. Finnley may get a kick out of this, although Big Z surely won't.

Clearing her throat and taking in a deep breath of air, Jo issued her challenge. "Repeat what I am saying five times fast without any mistakes, and I'll tell Mr. Finnley to leave. You ready? Here I go: Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers; a peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked; if Peter Piper picked a peck of picked peppers, where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?" Don't you worry, Mr. Finnley. Jo's got all your bases covered, so you just stand there and hide behind that sheet of foil. No harm was going to come to you on this day.

Well, Big Z? Better start repeating.
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:50 pm

Irritable was a good word for Zurg. That was probably what made him so intimidating for the spacefish in disguise. Even in his darkest moments, Megamind never really had a temper. He could get angry, sure, but he didn't have a temper. Zurg though...most definitely had a fearsome temper. If he still had that temper, it was a good thing he wasn't evil anymore! Though when Jo said something, he tilted his head to the side. "I think so, sounds like...yelling." A quizzical expression grew on his face, wondering why whoever that was, was so angry. Perhaps a bad deal or bargain? It wasn't that important though, as Jo quickly took his excuse and even assured him that her employee would eat the fly. He chuckled at the idea. "Really? Is he part frog?" What an interesting employee she must have, to take care of bugs like that. Handy though.

Jo's advice on where to go to for finding people included the Sanctuary, naturally. He didn't really...want to go there, though. It was no one in particular's fault at all, not even the people who had masqueraded as his friends. The idea was just uncomfortable, and a bit too open. If he slipped up even a little...though he put that aside. "Questionable actions?" That did draw a curious look. "I think somewhere quiet and peaceful might be the best idea, yes. I don't like too many confrontation and disagreements at once. Though one of these days I may try that place out!" Who knew how much had changed since he'd been there last? Visiting the local shops were also a good idea, and a mischievous grin grew on Mitchell's face. "Maybe if I give ever shop owner treats like these, I can get on their good sides, hm?" He said with a wink to show he wasn't serious.

He got a wink in return and an arm around his shoulders, laughing a bit at the sudden action. "Why, thank you! A little chocolate makes for a lot of happiness, right?" Again with that yelling...his gaze turned upward for a moment, trying to deduce where it was coming from. "Do you have any shop neighbors? Maybe they swindled someone out of their money..." Yeesh, did not want to get on that person's bad side. Jo quickly explained that her employee may seem a bit prickly but that deep down he was a really nice guy. Mitchell smiled and was about to respond, but he and Jo were both interrupted by the loud and swift appearance of someone.

?!?! wrote:"Jo! You didn't bother to tell me that you were going to be LATE!"

Mitchell stiffened immediately and turned his head around to see a very purple Zurg. Rather, a very dark purple Zurg since he was STEAMING mad. The red eyes met Mitchell's own brown ones and Minion remembered very quickly that Zurg could shoot lasers from his eyes. He stiffened up even more and quickly ducked behind Jo's counter. "I-I'm very sorry, I did not intend to keep Miss Pistonne out so late!" He squeaked out. He'd answer more questions Zurg had, except they were meant for Jo and if he answered instead it might make him more irritable. Zurg gave him 5 seconds to leave or else he'd send Mitchell to the Pool inside his own container! He'd never seen Zurg this angry before...it was strange.

Jo spoke in Mitchell's defense and soon came over, giving him something to put on, apparently. Sunglasses and aluminum? He gave her a nod though, and wrapped the sheet around himself as much as he could before putting the sunglasses on. He stayed out of the way, but he could still hear the two of them. She insisted he was having a...relapse? And told him that if he could repeat something 5 times, she would ask Mitchell to leave, and Minion would definitely not complain with that. Though what she wanted him to repeat, was a tricky little tongue twister. Clever! Though until the coast was clear, he would stay where he was, with sunglasses and an aluminum sheet to protect him.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:56 am

She was asking him to be nice? Him, the once great Evil Emperor Zurg, to be NICE!?

If there was one thing the alien couldn't tolerate while stuck in one of his forays into regression, it was being told to do something completely against his furious will. "So just because he puts on a pleasant face you're going to accept this stranger's food? Jo, you don't even KNOW the man! What if he's secretly malicious and trying to poison you!?" Honestly, was it so blasted hard for her to think three steps ahead? Of course it was, because this was Jo. "You seem to forget just how easily you were harmed during last spring," Zurg growled. You remember that? He certainly did, and it probably gave him an ulcer. "I don't care who he is and how nice he claims to be, I want him gone. You may defy me in a lot of things and think to take advantage of my generosity, but not this time. Not this time, Jo."

Mr. Finnley was fortunate to have someone well-versed during one of these problematic episodes, but Zurg also didn't appreciate the gesture on his companion's part. "What are you doing? Is that aluminum?" he requested to know. What...? She was supposed to be ushering that squeaker-box of a man out of the shop, not covering him up in a pair of dark sunglasses and foil!

"Jo, you are beginning to try my patience..." That glow was back and it was brighter than ever, the monarch this close from incinerating something within the store's lobby due to rising anger.

Here's a hint, it started with the letter F.

From Bad... wrote:"Big Z, you're having a relapse."

"I AM NOT HAVING A RELAPSE!" Zurg suddenly barked, volume explosive. Every time he got worried over her, every time he had to think for the both of them and keep them safe, she went and said he was having a blasted relapse. The monarch was feeling perfectly fine - better than fine, even! "I asked you to do something, and you have yet to actually DO IT." He was not being unreasonable! He was not being a tyrant! He was just being protective! What was so wrong with that!?

...To Worse wrote:"Repeat what I am saying five times fast without any mistakes, and I'll tell Mr. Finnley to leave. You ready? Here I go: Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers; a peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked; if Peter Piper picked a peck of picked peppers, where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?"

Whaaaaaat?

She continued to waste his time by ordering him to repeat an asinine children's rhyme...?

"FINE!" the aggravated ex-overlord shouted on full blast, having it up to here with all this nonsense. "I will repeat your little game and then I will see to it that Mr. Finnley leaves this shop personally." The way Zurg growled that last word was indicative of what lay in store for the poor man should the monarch be successful in his efforts. Let the gauntlet begin!

Bug-eyed and twitching like nobody's business, the monarch would let nothing so trivial best him. "Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers; a peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper thicked." Wait, no! Zurg snarled and squeezed his eyes shut, madly waving one hand for a do-over. "Argh, let me try again! Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers; a peck of pickled theppers - " wrong again! Once more the monarch demanded he be given another shot, this time his speech becoming erratic and rapid. "PeterPiperpickedapeckofpickledpeppers; apeckofpickledpeppersPeterPiperpicked! IfPeterPiperpickedapeckofpeppers, where'sthepeckofthickled - ARGH! PETERPIPERPICKEDATHECK - PECK! PECK! PETERPIPERPICKEDAPECKOFPICKLEDTHEPPERS - " no! No, no, NO!

"THAT'S NOT FAIR! YOU KNOW I CANNOT PRONOUNCE THE LETTER P!" Zurg hollered at the top of his lungs, frustration and hopelessness now mingling with his previous rage. "YOU GAVE ME THIS RHYME ON PURPOSE, JO! HOW COULD YOU DO THAT!? HOW COULD YOU BE SO CRUEL!?" Breathe, breathe!

A meltdown was imminent by this point, but the monarch was plenty stubborn.

"Theter Thiper thicked a theck of thicked thetheers; a theck of thickled thetheers Theter Thiper thicked!" All wrong, all so very wrong... No longer able to concentrate well enough to emulate the sound of the letter P, Zurg's natural habits were sadly starting to take place. Slowly but surely, the monarch began to lose steam. It wasn't long now...

"Theter Thither... thicked a theck of thickled... thetheers; a theck of thickled thetheers Theter Thither... thicked; if Theter Thither thicked a theck of thicked thetheers, where's the... the theck of thickled thetheers..." Oh what was the point... The last of Zurg's wrath was all but gone, most of it escaping through the futility of him trying to repeat something so simple as a children's nursery rhyme, and now the monarch was left to stand there devastated. He couldn't pronounce the letter P - how could he and with what lips? What's worse was that he was now conscientious of not only his inability to master the Basic language, but of just how foolish he must have been these past few minutes. What did Jo think of him now? What did Mr. Finnley think of him now? Craters, what did that random man on the sidewalk think of him now?

The crushing reality was almost too much for the monarch's damaged ego to bear, and he timidly tried to explain. "I'n sorry. Ny tehazi - tehaz - nnn..." No, no, no... Please, not now. Not now, when he needed to speak in Basic. Just emulate the stupid letters, damn it!

Embarrassed, the monarch reached up to wipe his eyes and slowly tried again. "I'm sorry," Zurg heavily articulated. "My behaviour was... unacceptable. Th-Th-Please forgive me."

He had a relapse.

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:14 am

Is her employee part frog? "Um... that's honestly a very good question," Jo replied. Was Big Z part frog...? His tongue was awfully big and sometimes he didn't blink very often. "You know, I think he's actually closer to whale. Don't quote me on that, though." But at least Mr. Finnley was more decisive on not visiting the Sanctuary than she was Big Z's biological makeup. "Hey, I don't blame you for not going. I'm kinda taking a break from it and very seldom enter," Jo admitted. The last time was probably during that... hmm, chair tent event? That had actually been very fun! And oh you~! Joking about giving sudden gifts to people in order to butter them up. As if that would work on someone as streetwise as Jo.

Okay, so she was just a sucker for chocolate.
    And as for angry neighbours, well... Who needs neighbours like that when you have an employee by the name of Big Z? Jo wasn't afraid (maybe a teensy bit) and she offered a bit of comfort to her guest. "You have nothing to apologize for," she said, sticking up for the man. "You just stay behind the counter and let me handle this."

And handle it she did.

"Big Z, that's assuming Mr. Finnley is of any malicious intentions - which he's NOT," the mechanic calmly argued back. Yelling at Big Z only seemed to make him yell louder, so there was going to be done of that from her end. And forget about last spring, really? Really? "Whoa there, buddy. I don't know what's with you today, but you've got a massive star on your shoulder. What makes you think I've forgotten about the news station incident? You know I'm not that clumsy, right?" It was hard to tell with Big Z, though. She was sure he meant well, even with all this hot air, but he was obviously sitting on these feeling for a while. Maybe even an entire year. "Big Z," she sighed, sounding a little irritated. "I didn't forget about what happened last year, and I didn't forget how easily it happened. I'm just saying we can't go around judging every Tom, Bill, and Larry because some jerk made an attempt on my life. And yes, that is aluminum." Trying his patience, huh? That was probably a big understatement this late in the ga -

Oh boy wrote:"I AM NOT HAVING A RELAPSE! I asked you to do something, and you have yet to actually DO IT."

Holy pulsars, that completely took Jo by surprise.

Yeah, no. No no no. No way, man. Big Z was closer to an actual meltdown than she had thought, and now Jo was beginning to wonder if this was just ye average relapse. Clearly it was not, meaning the mechanic had to handle this delicately. "O-Okay, okay. You're, um, not having a relapse," she hesitantly agreed. Maybe she should have booked those anger management courses for him with Dr. Animus... Probably wouldn't have hurt. And as for her rhyming challenge, well... It more or less imploded in on itself just as she had expected.

At first Big Z had a fairly good handle on the words, almost finishing her challenge with hardly a mistake. That would have been bad, for he would have manhandled poor Mr. Finnley right out of the shop and given her a good verbal lashing. Fortunately, Big Z also couldn't think straight when incredibly upset.

The same was true with his mastery of the Basic language; or any language that was not his own, for that matter.

Soon his angry grunting devolved into incoherent shouting, Big Z's inability to concentrate ultimately causing him to fail Jo's one criterion. This was a good thing, because Mr. Finnley wouldn't find any harm coming to his person. Oh her employee certainly tried, he tried several times, but it was futilely to no avail. Big Z failed to repeat her rhyme with five shades of purple, and, before she knew it, he had reached his boiling point.

Here we go... wrote:"THAT'S NOT FAIR! YOU KNOW I CANNOT PRONOUNCE THE LETTER P! "YOU GAVE ME THIS RHYME ON PURPOSE, JO! HOW COULD YOU DO THAT!? HOW COULD YOU BE SO CRUEL!?"

Not going to lie, it had been rather underhanded on her part for giving Big Z a rhyme knowing he couldn't repeat without extreme difficultly. But what other choice was there? Honestly, he had threatened to cram Mr. Finnley into his own dessert container! She wisely didn't say anything, knowing better than to instigate a blue giant mid-implosion, and instead waited for the eventual supernova. Three... Two...

It never came.

Having exhausted both himself and his temper in a matter of several heated minutes, Big Z instead fizzled out far too quickly for any unpleasant fireworks to happen. That was also a good thing, but it still pained her heart to watch it unfold. He apologized, struggling to remember his Basic, and did his hardest not to lose more face. It was hard on him, Cosmos she knew, but at least he didn't back away from this and curl up somewhere to hide from reality. Still didn't make what he previously did right, although this was a decent start. Jo gingerly reached out and placed a hand upon his upper arm, wanting to garner his attention but not startle him at the same time.

"Thank you for apologizing to Mr. Finnley," she quietly said, reinforcing the positive action. "But you look tired, Big Z. Why don't you go downstairs and sit down? I'll be with you after I see our guest off. He's got people to meet and friends to make. I'm sure he forgives you for having a rough couple of days."

Go on, Big Z. You needed to cool off and take a few deep, relaxing breaths.
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:11 pm

Oh, indeed. He'd definitely say Zurg was closer to a whale than a frog. An angry purple whale who could shoot lasers out of his eyes. Though learning that Jo was taking a break from the Sanctuary was interesting. In the days of old, she seemed to be in there all the time. It would be rude to ask why though, and so he wouldn't. Well, that and because of Zurg's boisterous entrance. He managed a shaky smile and nod for Jo before ducking back behind the counter and making sure he was out of the line of fire. He...well, he hoped at least that Zurg would never do anything to Jo. The two of them were obviously in love but then again...

Then again the force of his anger was quite...scary. The fish underneath the hologram was swimming about his bowl frantically, taking deep, slow breathes. Zurg seemed...well, paranoid. Something seemed to have happened. Something last year? At the news station? Whatever it was gave Zurg doubts about the intentions of strangers. While 'Mitchell Finley' might not have been the...most truthful of people today, he sincerely meant Jo no harm. She had been a very fine friend to him in the past, and her welcoming and friendly behavior when he had arrived today just solidified how much he wanted to earn her friendship back. Even if it might be under the face of another. The talk of a relapse also confused him a lot. A lapse in judgement, maybe? Either way, Jo seemed to be handing it quite well. The correct response to an angry person was never anger. That just made things a shouting match. Jo took a stern but calm approach.

Zurg played Jo's game, as it was. He tried to speak the little tongue twister, finding it quite twisting indeed! Eventually he blew up again, so Zurg had a hard time pronouncing the letter P? He never knew! Though it made sense, Megamind had a few problems with words, though he also liked to mispronounce things for dramatic effect. The only dramatic effect here was that Zurg sounded to be finally calming down. As if venting his frustrations over the irritating tongue twister rather than...well, 'Mitchell' himself made the purple alien calm down. Mitchell peeked over the counter and steadily took the sunglasses off, though he soon felt quite uncomfortable with just how...vulnerable Zurg looked at the moment as he struggled to apologize.

Feeling much like someone watching something highly personal, he carefully unwrapped himself from the foil. Once he was freed he stepped out from behind the counter and stepped forward a step or two, still giving them their space. Jo thanked Zurg for apologizing and suggested he go calm down, downstairs. The young man rang his hands before putting those hands to good use by running them through his hair. When he spoke up, it was a little shaky though it grew with confidence. "B-before you do go downstairs, Mr. Zurg, I accept your apology and there are no misgivings. This place can be very morally ambiguous at times and I can't blame you for wanting to protect Miss Pistonne. You might have went about it the wrong way but I can't hate you for reacting out of worry."

He took another step forward, a determined look in his brown eyes. "I promise that I mean no harm to Miss Pistonne. She is a kind, caring young woman and I wanted only to..." He faltered for a moment, almost forgetting who he was supposed to be. "To meet her and give her and her employees some baked goods. I've heard only good things about Jo's Chop Shop. You can check the food for yourself, if you want...to be sure." Maybe some banana nut bread would make him feel better too?
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:35 pm

But what if Mr. Finnley had arrived with malicious intentions? How would Jo determine the man's innocence? "Of course I have a star on my shoulders," the monarch grunted, none too pleased. The woman he loves was, yet again, flirting with danger and it was driving him up a metaphorical wall. Not to mention she was purposely keeping her cool in order to avoid a shouting contest; which, ironically, fueled Zurg's temper either way. Alas...

Jo was right - she was completely right. There was no real, objective reason why he should have exploded in front of Mr. Finnley; who, for all logical purposes, had visited Jo in order to give her a handful of baked treats. The man seemed nice, very nice, and the alien had made an awful first impression. At Jo's touch Zurg looked up and he wanted nothing more than to disappear into the basement. No doubt they were going to have one of those serious talks after Mr. Finnley took his leave... That will come as it will, however, and he will not run from it. The same was true for Mr. Finnley, who had the courage to speak up to a man who would have otherwise turned him into pink paste. "You have my thanks," the monarch respectfully nodded, quietly glad to have been forgiven. It didn't fix things and it certainly didn't excuse his behaviour, but it was a start. For that, Zurg was grateful.

It was polite of Mr. Finnley to offer his baked goods, but the monarch did not feel very... up to it. He also didn't feel it right to enjoy anything Mr. Finnley had made without first properly atoning. "I am certain your baking is a work of art, but I will have to sadly decline. Please, enjoy the rest of your day and do visit more... often."

And with that the monarch was gone, horns disappearing past a beaded curtain and visible sight.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:07 am