Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Re: A New Kind of Bending

Post by Korra on Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:15 pm

Tenho and Sokka both had died in that castle place? Korra's eyebrows drew forward worriedly, she had never been a part of something where people died in the process. At least death wasn't always permanent here, but that couldn't make witnessing a death any easier, especially if their body faded into bits and blew apart like that. Thankfully the subject changed, and Korra nodded her head in agreement. "But this time, we'll be ready." Made her wonder what else they may have to fight. Perhaps a dragon? Some other creature they'd never encountered before?

The three of them started down the stoney tunnel, this one was a lot more...cave-like then the previous tunnel had been. There were no lights here, though between the old room and the new one they had some lighting so they weren't kept completely in the dark. The tunnel was also pretty straight, no incline downwards like the other one. Maybe this was as far down as they were going to go? Sokka let out a surprised yell in the middle of his sentence though, and suddenly the water tribe warrior who had been leaving disappeared downwards. "SOKKA!" She ran forward but just barely caught herself at the steep incline. Naga came to a stop behind Korra, body thumping against Korra's, which elicited a grunt. "Easy girl, I see him!" Rather, she saw his head as he slid down the incline. "Come on, but be careful!"

With steady feet and paws, the two of them made their way down, though at some point Naga's paws slipped and the two slid down as well. "UAAAAAGH!" She gripped onto Naga's saddle tightly as they slid down, finally coming to a stop right behind Sokka. "Sokka!" The Avatar scrambled away from Naga, who followed close behind and sniffed Sokka while the Avatar looked him over. "Are you alright?" That had to have been unpleasant...Korra's eyes caught the new room and she finally glanced around at their new surroundings. "...That's a lot of stairs."
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 45

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:47 pm

"That we will," noted Sokka, smiling and nodding back to Korra. They'd been ready for just about anything stepping into this cave – well, anything save the switch it had thrust upon them – and even though that fight with the platypus bear had been a surprise, they had still victoriously fought with all their might. No matter what this quest brought, he was determined to take anything positive that he could from it.

Whilst the cave-like tunnel had not been too exciting on its own, the sudden incline at the end of it had brought the next unexpected turn for the three of them. He could make out his friend's call to him and as well as her note for the polar bear dog to be careful as he slid down, but he wasn't able to call back up just yet as he soon landed in the new room. Thankfully though, as Sokka sat on the floor of this chamber whilst attempting to get his bearings back, he could tell that Korra and Naga had at least managed to keep from sliding themselves. Shaking his head a bit as he caught his breath he looked about the room to take in its layout, just before he caught Korra's own surprised exclamation. Well, at least they hadn't slid as far as he had.

"Korra!" Sokka called as she and Naga landed right behind him, just before moving to check on him. Looking to the Avatar with a slight smile, he nodded at her question, noting, "I'm fine… just a little sore." It was only then that Sokka noticed that his top had become somewhat disheveled after the fall he'd taken, at which point he jolted a bit and quickly moved to better close and readjust it further. Nothing had been shown, but he wasn't exactly thrilled with the reminder of the change he'd undergone. Grumbling a little to himself as he got it resituated, he glanced back up to Korra, asking, "How about you? Are you okay?"

As Korra looked around the room, Sokka moved to stand back up, his focus soon landing on the highest of the sets of stairs in here. "Yeah… yeah it is." Taking a few steps forward, he looked around to see if he could figure anything out about what this chamber held besides numerous stairs. "Let's see what there is in here."

Just off the center of the room, there was a single beam of light penetrating through the ceiling, shining down all the way to the middle of the floor. Sokka raised an eyebrow at seeing it, especially since he wasn't sure if that was real sunlight or just another source that had managed to poke its way this deep into the cave. "Huh… that's interesting." If that was the sun, at least it showed that they hadn't been down here for too terribly long. What was even more intriguing though was that just up the steps to the right, above a sealed door, sat what appeared to be a strange, golden symbol… one that rather resembled the sun.

Humming a little in contemplation, Sokka moved forward and up the stairs to study this mechanism, trying to see if he could discern anything about it. It didn't seem like they could reach it to try and turn any of its gears, but it definitely looked like it was linked to the door here. Considering just what it looked like though… he turned to Korra, stating, "I think we're supposed to try to redirect that light onto this symbol here. That might open the next door."

----

HP: (390/390)
    Haori: (38/40)
    AP: (48/68)
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 31

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:18 pm

Better lighting definitely would have prevented Sokka's dive. Some railings would have prevented the slip and slide she and Naga took down it. Korra really had to wonder who had made all of this. Most importantly, why? Oh well...the three of them were together again at least. Korra grinned at her friend as she realized that the female warrior was fine. Naga's thick tail wagged behind her, pleased. The Avatar chuckled a little when Sokka rushed to fix his shirt. "Having some wardrobe malfunction there?" Now there was an upside to being a man right now. Korra could walk around shirtless and it'd be alright! Well, it'd be a little awkward with Sokka here and she probably wouldn't do it. The option was still there though, and that was what really mattered.

"Oh, I'm fine. I grabbed Naga's saddle and I think that helped my fall." She looped an arm around the white creature and nuzzled into her. "And Naga's alright too." All three of them had managed to make it down in one piece! Here's hoping the path's between these rooms didn't get any crazier though. An incline was one thing...something even crazier like a slide might be a bit riskier. The two of them stared at the stairs, Sokka agreeing that there were a lot of them. Stairs could be easily walked on though Naga's size might be a problem...Korra shrugged to herself and followed behind Sokka to investigate the area. "Right." Hopefully no more shifting walls.

So far the room was pretty normal looking! Mysterious beam of light aside...Korra squinted at the beam with a raised eyebrow. They had gone quite a ways underground, right? Could that possibly be sunlight? And to the right, above a sealed door was some sort of...giant symbol. Shaped like the sun? "You say interesting, I say weird..." If she tilted her head to the side it even seemed to resemble a mask. While Sokka went up to investigate, Korra and Naga stayed down in the center with the beam of light, the Avatar idly watching her friend.

"Redirect it?" She blinked in some confusion. "How?" They didn't have any mirrors...but they did have a sword and a boomerang! "Wait, do you think reflecting the light off of your sword would do it?"

---
    (271/280) - HP
    (39/46) - Stamina
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:32 am

The dungeon had been set as a unique challenge for brave adventurers, and thus far, it was living up to its purpose. Attempting to suppress a slight blush at Korra's amused question, Sokka glanced to the side as he stated, "Eh-heh… yeah… I guess you could call it that." Man, ever since that fateful trip to Kyoshi Island, he had long since respected Suki, Katara, Toph, and Korra for being able to fight regardless of their gender, but that had taken on a new level of such with the part of his experience here. Granted, it probably helped that each of them was better supported with their outfits, but he was doing just fine with his haori tied a little tighter… at least for now. His voice just barely above a mumble, Sokka sighed as he added, "I might have to wrap myself soon though…"

Whether that came to pass or not though, the warrior soon felt better as Korra confirmed that she was all right too, even noting just how she'd managed to get down here safely. "Ah-ha!" Back on his feet and chuckling a little at her exchange with Naga, Sokka reached to rub the polar bear dog's left cheek as he noted, "That was my next question! I'm glad you're all right too, Naga." With the three of them steady, they set about investigating the room, soon finding the likeliest clue to their way out of here.

At Korra's pondering just how they might have to redirect the light, Sokka furrowed his brow in thought, but before he could voice anything, his friend asked about the chance of his sword working here. "Huh?" Looking to his blade and moving to unsheathe it, the warrior held it up, catching a glint of light across its point before turning to Korra with a smile. "Whether does it or not, it's worth a shot!"

With a nod to the Avatar, Sokka jogged to the middle of the room, just underneath the beam of light so that he could hold his sword up in it. The dark blade caught the light just fine, and as soon as he was sure he had the angle right, he directed it so that it shone across the sun symbol. The light was right on it, but after several seconds, nothing seemed to be happening. Sokka held his stance a little longer though, before dropping his arms and shaking his head. "It's no good. I can reflect it just fine, but I don't think we're getting enough light on it. Maybe there's something in here we can use to help redirect the light, though… Korra, see if you can find any reflective surfaces around here. I'll check up the taller set of stairs, you look around here and up the shorter one."

At that, Sokka resheathed his sword and made his way up the far set of steps, making sure to keep his eyes peeled for anything they could use. There were plenty of stone structures in here… and there had to be something they just hadn't caught yet.

----

AP: (49/68)
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:21 pm

Korra chuckled at Sokka's slight misfortune, giving him a sheepish smile. It was a little funny though! Especially since poor Sokka wasn't used to such wardrobe malfunctions. Her own outfit didn't really leave much to slip, other than maybe her pants and wrap. Otherwise the collar of her shirt reached her neck, she'd have to be really trying in order to have a wardrobe slip like that. "At least its just something you have to worry about until we get out of here. And if you need us to stop for a second so you can do that, I'll wait for you." It wasn't Sokka's fault that he was encountering this problem, after all! When he picked his clothes for their adventure it wasn't like 'clothes that'll shrink to match my body type if my body changes against my will' was some sort of actual option. With assurance that all three of them were in one piece, and a lick from Naga, they were all set!

At her suggestion, Sokka unsheathed his black sword. "The worst thing that can happen is just that it doesn't do anything!" She sent her friend two thumbs up, grinning and hoping that it would work. Sokka moved to the middle of the room, positioning himself below the beam of light and holding up the sword. Korra leaned forward slightly, both hands reaching up to grab the hair on the sides of her face. The length might be shorter than before but she could still grab them. Korra chewed on her bottom lip anxiously as the light reflected off the shiny black of the sword and settled onto the symbol. Nothing happened though, and after a few moments of holding it up, Sokka's arms went down and Korra released her hair, making a face. "Oh come on, cave! Work with us here!" What was she supposed to do, carry a handheld mirror all the time? Who would do that?!

They were going to have to find something that was larger than a sword, and reflective. She nodded at Sokka. "Alright. Good luck." Hopefully they could find something. Sokka went up the stairs, Korra deciding to check the middle first. So far nothing much. It was strange. With a small shrug, she went up the short set of stairs, immediately spotting some sort of stony structure when she reached the top of the stairs. "Hm?" Maybe another symbol thing? Korra approached the it and walked around it curiously, immediately spotting the reflective surface attached to it when she reached the right side of it. Her eyes widened and she reached a hand out to touch the smooth surface. "I think I found something, Sokka! Looks like a mirror..."

---
    (271/280) - HP
    (40/46) - Stamina
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:17 pm

At a later date, Sokka would look back on this instance and agree that yeah, it was a little funny… heck, it was even a little funny now, but the humor he saw in it was only just starting to contest his embarrassment. He didn't mind Korra's chuckling and he soon met her sheepish smile with one of his own. Their switch might have had some disadvantages to it, but even then, it wasn't bad… just… different. There were surely some upsides as well, but more importantly than those, neither of them was alone, for the change much less the cave. Sokka nodded at Korra's words, unsurprised by his friend's sentiment but feeling rather touched all the same. He knew that she was there for him just as he was for her, but hearing this example of it just galvanized him further. "Yeah… you're right. I should be good for now, but I'll let you know if I do." With a nod, he added, "Thanks, Korra."

Although Korra's outfit might not misbehave the way his just had, he hoped that she wasn't too uncomfortable in her current body. They were both faring pretty well thus far and seemed all but completely used to their altered forms, and that alone was further proof that they could meet anything this dungeon threw at them. A lick from Naga later, and Sokka was soon laughing softly at Korra's encouragement for him attempting to reflect the light with his sword. "Heh-heh, pretty much!" He returned her grin and nodded to her thumbs up, use before moving to get into position. Once they realized it wasn't working, Sokka couldn't help but quirk a brow at his friend's exclamation, chuffing a bit as he regarded the sun symbol. "It should work with us, but there has to be something we're missing."

Returning Korra's nod, Sokka noted, "You too." At that, he began to jog towards the tallest set of stairs just across from them. Making sure to take extra care as he climbed the stone steps, his eyes wound up widening slightly once he spotted a strange, stone structure right at the top of them, sitting almost directly in the path of the edge of the beam of light. Humming a little in contemplation, he quickened his space until he got just a few steps away, his eyes widening further as he began to see that not only was this a stone statue, there was a shiny, reflective surface on this side of it. Ah-HA! He knew they'd find something in here!

As soon as Sokka reached the top of the stairs though, he came to a gradual halt. This was definitely a mirror, slanted slightly down that it was. Whilst he was excited for a successful find, for a few moments, he was focused on just what he saw in the mirror: himself. As with any mirror, he had been expecting to see his reflection of course, but even with what he'd been able to see from his own point of view since waking up earlier, this was his first time getting a good look at himself since he'd changed into a woman. His body appeared a little more slight than he'd already got a feel for, and that stood regardless of the looser fit of his clothing at present. Aside from any definitive feminine features though, what astounded Sokka the most here was seeing his face. As one hand reached out to tentatively touch the mirror, another went up to his jawline, his reflection mirroring the action. Even with the change he'd undergone, Korra had been right… he DID still look like himself, but even though he could tell it was him, he did have to marvel at the way he bore a closer resemblance to Katara now. Wow… so this was what he looked like as a woman…

Pulling himself from that literal moment of reflection a second later, Sokka quickly shook his head at catching Korra's exclamation. Looking over the edge of the stairs and meeting her gaze, he called, "I did too! There's definitely a mirror on this side of this thing! The wrong side of it, but still!" Indeed, the mirror was facing the opposite direction of the beam of light, much like Korra's seemed to be, but at least this statute lined up with their light source. Also, even if it was facing the right direction, the angle of his own mirror was too sharp to shine the light directly on the symbol. There had to be something they could do to use both mirrors.

Sokka stepped back to the statue he'd found and looked its entire structure up and down. There were not many clues on the sides, but at its base and the different way that the stones beneath it sat, it almost seemed as though… "Hmm…" Sokka placed his hands on the sides of the statue, using all of his strength to try to get the mirror to rotate, even a tiny bit. Sure enough, just as the stones rubbed together, the statue turned just as he'd hoped. "Ha!" Looking back over the edge with a broad grin, he called, "Korra, I think I've got it! These statues rotate! The mirror on this one points down sharply, so I think I'm supposed to turn it towards your statue. You've got to angle yours so that the mirror catches the light from up here, and directs it onto the sun symbol!"

----

AP: (50/68)
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:52 pm

Korra smiled back at her friend. "Anytime, Sokka!" There was a slight pause before Korra realized what she had said and started to stutter. "Ah, I mean, not anytime! Because usually you don't have uh...those! But anytime, today! Right now. In this cave. With your...yeah." She scratched the back of her head awkwardly. Sokka wasn't the only one embarrassed now, but Korra seemed not to dwell on it, merely giving her friend a pleased look since he was still in one piece.

They'd tried the sword and hadn't gotten very far, which left them with whatever they could find in this place to reflect that light. If she really had to, she could try some ice. Ice or snow could reflect light, right? Snowblindness was practically proof! Out in the Southern Water Tribe sometimes you needed protection for your eyes or else the light reflected off the snow was going to blind ya. With a small nod to herself, the Avatar pledged that if worse came to worse, she'd do that. She'd make some snow and reflect the light that way.

Thankfully worse did not come to worse! She'd found a mirror, and the more she stayed here in front of it the more she looked at herself in the mirror. Truthfully, her body hadn't really changed all that much when it came to looks. A few less curves, but then Korra was always pretty buff. The real change that took her by surprise was in her face and hands. One hand crept up to cusp her chin as Korra turned her head this way and that, her chin grabbing her attention the most by far. A nice, strong chin...her nose was a bit more pronounced as well, the Avatar decided as her hand soon moved to the nose, and then finally outlining her cheek bones, also a lot more pronounced. "Hm!" She definitely wasn't put off by her new looks! She was more muscular in the face than Mako, and sharper than Bolin. Her face seemed to resemble Sokka's actually. Maybe it was due to them both being from the Water Tribe?

Korra caught Sokka's call, blinking her surprise into the mirror. "There's one over there too?" Now they had a back up in case they broke one! His note about it facing the wrong way was interesting...she hadn't even considered what direction her's was facing. Mostly she had been planning to rip the mirror right off of the statue and hold it wherever Sokka needed her to. As Sokka pondered over the mirror's purpose, Korra caught her arm in the mirror's reflection and, with a stifled snicker, couldn't help but pose and flex her arm. She did stop mid-pose when she heard rocks moving, going to the stairs so that she could look through them over to Sokka's side. "They do?" Huh! "I think you're right, my mirror's facing up!" Though she would have to turn the statue towards the symbol then? "Alright, I'm ready when you are!" It was worth a try! Because again, the worst that could happen is just that it doesn't work! Unless moving the statues set off a trap, but that was unlikely. ...Right?

---
    (271/280) - HP
    (41/46) - Stamina
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:09 am

Sokka's smile grew a touch at Korra's response, right before he blinked at her sudden fumbling. He'd just taken her words to mean that she was there for him anytime, the same as he was for her, but it seemed that she had caught the way her words might have sounded. That caused his eyes to widen slightly as she attempted to clarify her statement, shortly before he quirked a sympathetic brow to her. As he got back to his feet, he gestured slightly to himself, smiling a little more relaxedly as he noted, "Whether it's today and right now with these, or just helping in general, it's still appreciated. Cave effects or otherwise, you know I've got your back too."

Despite the nature of the incident, Sokka was determined not to focus too much on it, and what mattered the most was that they were both okay. Even better, they'd likely found a way to get themselves out of this chamber by way of a pair of strategically placed mirrors. At Korra's question, he called down, "Yeah, it looks to be about the same style as yours!" They might have needed some clever thinking to get them set up just right, but at least they'd solved this part of the puzzle. It was kind of neat however that the mirrors were also able to help each of them get a better look at their new forms, especially their faces. Much like Korra, Sokka's body had not changed too drastically, and he was admittedly rather grateful for that. Sure, he was more lithe than he was as a man, but his muscles were definitely still present, and they were just what he needed to help turn this stone statue around.

No sooner had Sokka tested out the chance for his mirror to rotate than had Korra let him know that her own was tilted upwards. Perfect! If the angles were what he thought they were, then this was definitely the key out of this room! Nodding to himself as she let him know that she was set, Sokka called, "You got it! I'm going to turn it now, and as soon as the beam of light's on your statue, turn it just where it needs to face!"

At that, Sokka rubbed his palms together before steadying his grip on the sides of the statue, keeping his hold strong as he moved to rotate it around its base. It took a few good turns, but at least it wasn't too heavy to maneuver. Before too long long, he'd turned it around so that the beam of light that met it was reflected off of the mirror, directly onto Korra's own statue. Looking over the edge of the stairs to make sure that his aim was on target, he gave her a thumbs up. "All right, it's all yours!" One beam redirection down, and just one to go.

----

AP: (51/68)
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:09 pm

Sokka didn't seem to embarrassed by what she had unintentionally suggested, which made her feel better. Korra gave her friend a smile that was followed up by a one armed hug, beefy arm slung around his shoulders. "We stick together. No matter what." She brought her hand up, wiggling her fingers in Sokka's direction and grinning. "Water Tribe~" Though you can be sure that, were anyone else in their respective teams to show up in Portal Breach, they'd be embraced by the duo. Taken into the fold as well, since they'd need to explain everything to whoever might show up from their world.

"It does, huh?" Korra went back to surveying her mirror, interested. If their mirrors looked the same, it was pretty likely that they were related. Part of a set. Meant to be used together, as Sokka had suggested. Why else would to mirrors in two different parts of this cave looked the same yet face different directions? The two of them having now figured out what to do with their mirrors, Korra nodded to herself. "Alright!" That wasn't too hard at all.

She could hear that sound of stones grinding and moving, that must be Sokka's statue. Sure enough, she could see the beam of light moving from where it had reflected onto the wall. Blue eyes trained on the light, she watched diligently until finally the light came to rest upon the statue. "On it!" She had to hand it to whoever made this place, he was getting trickier with how to get to the next room. And she'd take redirecting light with mirrors over that maze of moving parts any day. With a swift crack of her knuckles, Korra pushed, digging her heels into the ground as she turned the statue. It took a bit to get the momentum going on the statue, but once she managed to find her ground and put her elbows into it, she found the statue shifting and moving. She continued to move it until the light that had been redirected onto her statue now redirected the light onto the weird emblem. Korra let out a deep breath and took a step back from the statue, rubbing her arms lightly. Whew, what she wouldn't give to have a bit of airbending to help move the statue.

"I think I've got it, Sokka!"

---
    (271/280) - HP
    (42/46) - Stamina
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:03 pm

Sokka was glad to see Korra smiling back, and he was soon laughing slightly as she caught him in a one-armed hug. He moved to try and return the gesture as best he could, but even though he succeeded in catching her with his own own-armed hug, he couldn't help but be the slightest bit amused at their altered statures here. "That we do." As soon as Korra brought up her hand, Sokka was quick to do the same, holding up his hand and grinning as he simultaneously said, "Water Tribe~"

As Korra noted that she was set, Sokka went to work on turning his statue around, and once the beam of light was redirected to Korra's statue, he watched as she moved to rotate it towards the sun symbol. His eyes widened slightly as his gaze followed the light, and at Korra's call, he noted, "You definitely do! Now let's see if this works after all!" Although he stayed at the top of the stairs for the moment, Sokka had a feeling that this was working, at least if the way the sun symbol began to glow brightly was any indication.

Sure enough, a few moments later, and whatever mechanism controlled the door kicked into place, soon pulling the stony structure open and revealing the way forward. Unable to resist a grin and fist pump, Sokka exclaimed, "All right! Team Avatar Three, Challenging Chambers Zero!" At that, he moved to quickly jog down the stairs and catch back up with Korra, soon jabbing a thumb in the direction of the newly opened door. "Nicely done. Shall we?"

As Korra, Sokka, and Naga continued on into the next room, soon realizing that it was way more open than even the previous large room was. "Wow…" The ceiling wasn't too much higher, but the bottom of the cave dropped out significantly, with plenty of giant stalagmites to complement it. Thankfully, there was a sturdy bridge to help carry them across, and as he looked across to the next structure from it, Sokka had a feeling that the way forward was simpler than it might have appeared at first glance. "It looks like that next structure has some stairs in it… and some that actually lead somewhere this time." Setting forth across the bridge, he glanced about this cavern, a part of him starting to wonder if the other empty caves in the area were anything like this, strange structures inside of them notwithstanding.

----

AP: (52/68)
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:08 am

It wasn't quite some smooth exit out of a store, but their shared 'water tribe' was still quite fun! Together, they redirected the mirrors and made the light shine upon the sun symbol, Korra's hands coming up to grab onto her hair anxiously as they stared at the symbol, waiting for a sign, any sign. The sun began to shine brightly, which made Korra wonder just what that light was made of to make it react like that. This place...so strange. The important change came not from the sun, however, but from the wall! The stony area pulled away, revealing a new room for them to enter. "Yes!" She thrust her own fist into the air, a victorious smile on her face. "At this rate, we're gonna be the victors in a landslide!" Was that all you had, Challenging Chambers? A bit of light and mirror action? It'd take a lot more than that to befuddle the new Team Avatar!

Korra nodded, though her grin turned into a teasing one as she bowed and gestured at the opening. "Ladies first!" With a slight chuckle, she walked in behind Sokka, Naga at their heels as they traversed into the next room to see what awaited them! ...Huh, a bridge awaited them. And here Korra was, expecting more puzzles. Though this was a welcomed change, she still looked around the area with a raised eyebrow. "Wow..." She didn't realize that the caves were quite this big. And needless to say, she was relieved that the bridge was a sturdy, stone one rather than a rickety one with rope. "No tricks for the path over there, then?" No complaints! As Sokka started walking down the bridge, Korra followed behind, though she was cautious. Just in case something happened to the bridge. Naga followed, tongue lolling and all around in a good mood.

What she wouldn't give to have some airbending right about now. At least then if the bridge collapses she could catch them all.

---
    (271/280) - HP
    (43/46) - Stamina
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:55 pm

Sokka laughed a bit at Korra's own exclamation before giving her a strong nod at her exclamation. "As if there was any doubt!" No matter what challenges this cave threw at them, be they combat or puzzle oriented, the warrior knew that he and the Avatar would be able to tackle them head on. With the two of them and Naga together, just as anything else, there was nothing they couldn't handle.

Raising his eyebrows slightly at Korra's teasing grin and subsequent bow, Sokka soon folded his arms as he just smiled to his friend at her playful statement. Although he could hardly wait for them to change back to their true forms, he had to admit, the lighthearted side of this was pretty fun, and he was glad to be able to play off of it with Korra. Shaking his head before he chuckled some himself, he placed one hand just above his sternum as he motioned to his friend, stating, "Why thank you; you're such a gentleman!"

Leading the way and looking back to Korra and Naga once they'd all got a feel for this new room, Sokka shook his head once more at the Avatar's question. "I don't think so. If any pop up though, I'm sure we can figure them out. So long as we stay alert we should be fine." With that, the three began to traverse the bridge to the stone tower on the other side. The trek was a rather uneventful one as they reached the halfway point, and with a better view of their next destination, Sokka soon noted, "This cave almost seems to be like a micro version of the Breach itself… at least from what we've seen so far, it's like a grand combination of things. I mean, most of the structures are similar and go together, but the challenges have ranged from familiar to something we'd never seen before." He supposed it was a good way to test them though, and who knew what their next hurdle was going to be?

----

AP: (53/68)
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:13 pm

Nope, there was never any doubt! With Sokka's mind and her might, these chambers were going down. And power would be all their's to have! They could do it, and they were gonna do it Water Tribe style!~ Korra had to grin when her friend chuckled at her joke, grin only widening when Sokka put a hand to his chest and deemed her a 'gentleman'. "Of course! My parents taught me how to treat a lady." She boasted, a hand above her own sternum. She couldn't help but pass a curious glance downwards for a moment however, still not quite used to the absence of a few things.

With Sokka leading the way, they traversed into the next room. At her question, Sokka shook his head. "Good, because it'd be nice to just walk into a room for once." Though she followed it up with a confident nod when he asserted that if something did pop up, they could definitely take care of it. They passed the halfway point of the bridge, and it had been nice and uneventful. Just a lot of walking and talking. "Yeah, you're right...this place and the Breach are like some odd, sometimes conflicting things just sort of put together to form one single thing. And it all somehow works out." They'd fought a beast, moved statues to redirect light, and avoided being crushed by the very walls of one room. It didn't seem to have much in common with the other, besides getting in their way. "You think its like that on purpose? Or just a fluke?"

---
    (271/280) - HP
    (44/46) - Stamina
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:09 pm

Grinning further at Korra's own gesture and response, Sokka winked to her and noted, "If that's the case, then it's no wonder you always know how to treat yourself right!" From what he had heard about Tonraq and Senna, they both sounded like really great people that he would have gotten along famously with, Tonraq especially. Apparently he had got along with him later in his own life regardless of their age difference, and he had a strong feeling that if he'd met him at his current age, that likely would not have changed at all. With as much as Korra had in common with her father and considering the bond that she and Sokka already had? That chemistry was a given.

"Heh, yeah, it would," mused Sokka at Korra's response and nod. He knew that they'd likely have another challenge very soon, but he certainly appreciated this breather. Nodding himself at her assessment of the cave they'd stumbled into, he soon blinked at her question before humming some in thought. "I'm not sure, really. It feels like some of the elements are random, but I think that each challenge might be set to do just that: challenge us in different ways." Shrugging, he added, "Who knows? Maybe we'll figure it out as we make our way out of here."

Before too long, Korra, Sokka, and Naga had reached the end of the long bridge, but mere moments after they entered the sizable chamber housed in the top of the stone structure, a new stone door slid closed behind them. Whipping his head around to see that they couldn't go back the way they came, Sokka let out a sigh before crossing his arms. "I can't say I'm surprised by that… but at least we were only planning to go forward anyway." Glancing about to see if he could find any clues that might help them move onward, he couldn't help but notice the very interesting layout of the room. It was kind of oval-shaped with distinct straightaways, and even a couple of glowing strips of… something lined different points of it. "Hey Korra… is it just me, or does this room kind of remind you of a track?" Now that was definitely strange, even for this cavern network… were they supposed to race amongst themselves to proceed?

----

AP: (54/68)
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:07 pm

At the wink and retort, Korra let out a brief snort and waved a hand at him, amused. Her parents had always been extremely supportive, although she felt as though her father could get overprotective at times. Still, the two of them had tried their best to bring her up with the best of ideals, and they were both extremely proud of her. Even if she had been born a boy rather than a girl, her parents likely wouldn't have treated her any differently. The Southern Water Tribe wasn't like the Northern tribe of old, after all! As for Tonraq and Sokka getting along, that was a definite yes. Her father only ever had good things to say about Sokka as a Chief. Who knew? Maybe her parents could come here sometime! The idea made a small smile grow on her face.

Sokka agreed that it'd be nice to just waltz into a room without some grand challenge ahead of them. Her other question/observation seemed to put him in a thoughtful mood however, she cast him a curious look as he hummed. He agreed that some things were random, but that in all it was put together to challenge them in different ways. "It's varied, I'll give it that." Maybe that was the point? "Maybe. Can't settle this without all of the pieces, so yeah you're probably right."

The three of them had crossed the bridge, stepping forward into a stone chamber only to have a stone wall suddenly slide shut right behind them. The Avatar stiffened before she whirled in place, fists brought up and staring at the wall. "Again, huh?" It seemed like every place they left locked itself behind them. Maybe in case anyone else came in? It was still a little startling...relaxing, Korra's hands came back down to her sides as she turned to examine the room. It had a very distinctive structure set in it, even a few luminescent strips within it. It actually kinda looked like...Korra turned to face Sokka, nodding eagerly. "Yeah, you took the words right out of my mouth! Asami had a race track and it looked a lot like this!" She set back on her hips, squinting at the track before glancing around. "I don't see any Sato-mobiles..." Were they supposed to just...jog down the track?

---
    (271/280) - HP
    (45/46) - Stamina

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:14 am