Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Re: A New Kind of Bending

Post by Korra on Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:56 pm

Sokka seemed fine! Female, but fine! Feminine, but fine! Sounding and looking somewhat like Katara probably looked like at that age...but fine! She heaved a slight sigh, which sounded huskier due to her own changed state. "I'm glad you're alright...that blast was powerful." Sokka's reassurance earned him a slobbery lick from Naga, and a happy whine as she leaned her head against him. On the whole, Korra didn't feel too different in some respects, since she was already quite muscular. However, there were some changes that were more striking than others, and she was sure Sokka felt the same way.

Korra stood up, one hand still stroking Naga's soft fur, as she looked around the room. It didn't seem to have changed much despite the big blast. Well, besides the door being open now. They'd made their trade and touched the seal. Now they could go in and face challenges and get a reward! ...And hopefully their original genders too. "If we're lucky, seeing this cave through to the end should fix this since it started. Sometimes trades are temporary, after all! Either way though, I trust you." She turned back to her friend, smiling a bit at the continued assurances to Naga who continued to lick his face. She was glad he was alright too.

"You know, you look very...interesting, as a woman. Your hair is shorter than I thought it'd be, but I like it. And you still look like yourself! Just..." Here she stifled something of a snicker. "Just a bit rounder in some areas." At that slight laugh at his expense, she turned to the opened door and gestured to it. "Since we did our trade, I suppose we should go in now, huh?"
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 45

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:39 pm

"Yeah, it sure was… I'm glad you're okay too, all things considered," noted Sokka, smiling a bit more before quickly widening his eyes at Naga's sudden lick. "Gah!" That surprise quickly shifted to a laugh as the polar bear dog leaned against him though, and he soon moved to wrap an arm around her neck as he scratched her behind the ears. Much like Korra, he didn't feel especially different as whilst he was a bit more lithe now, his overall build had not changed too drastically. If anything was going to take some getting used to, it was the loss of certain things… and having gained others.

Even as Naga continued to lick his face, Sokka managed to look around the cave to confirm pretty much what Korra just had… that not much had changed even after that burst of energy. He did raise an eyebrow at noticing that the stone door was open, but in exchange, the lack of light from the previous tunnel was a hint that the cave itself had closed. "Hopefully… that would make the most sense here given what that seal read… and since it's the only way we can go now," stated Sokka, nodding a bit as he gave Naga's head a final good rub before stepping aside. As he moved to look back up the path and check that, he turned to Korra with a smile, adding, "I trust you too. Always have, always will."

Sokka blinked at Korra when she noted how he looked right now, but he did manage to grin a bit sheepishly to her in spite of himself. "I could say the same about you… well, as a man. You still look like, well… you!" At Korra's remark about his hair, Sokka moved to run his hands over the sides of his head, still hardly able to believe that as part of the change, the normally close-shaven cut now had hair as long as the top of his warrior's wolf-tail… which was now a little longer itself and situated closer to the bottom of his hairline. At least Korra liked it and thought he looked like himself. "Thanks, though I'm still intrigued that it changed as much as it did."

As she started to snicker though, Sokka quirked an eyebrow… right before he grimaced a bit at Korra's humorous assessment. "Yeah, yeah… laugh it up." That scowl was short-lived though, as with a lighthearted smirk of his own and a motion to himself, he quipped, "I can just help make sure we don't get too square on this adventure." The fun ribbing aside, Sokka soon turned his attention to the door and nodded at Korra's gesture. "I'd say so. It might sound a little different, but… onward!"

At that, the two transformed friends and unchanged polar bear dog continued forward, past the pedestal and through the stone door. Just beyond it was another tunnel, although this one seemed to go on for a bit longer… it seemed pretty normal at first glance, but as this cavern had already shown, looks could be deceiving. Sokka narrowed his gaze a bit and studied their new surroundings before noting, "Well, it's a longer path, but let's make for that opening at the end of it."
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 31

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:35 pm

Naga let out a happy rumble and leaned against Sokka some when the warrior rubbed behind her ears. Korra watched the sight, the now female warrior and the polar bear dog and smiled. She leaned against the wall with her arms crossed casually, glad they had brought Naga along. She had been a bit nervous, since there was the possibility of getting into a fight and she still remembered the battle of Ra Moon when Naga got hurt...but this time she'd make sure nothing would happen to her, or Sokka.

"The only way we can go?" She turned her head back to the original cave entrance and made a small groan as she saw the lack of light. Either they were unconscious for several hours...or the cave had sealed itself shut. "Well, guess the decision is made for us..." Only one way to go, and they couldn't exactly live in this cave forever. She pushed off of the wall, though she exchanged a grin with Sokka and winked. "Always." They had known each other in her past life after all. And as for her looking like herself as a man, she had to agree. She grabbed one side ponytail and inspected it before feeling for her other side pony tail and the one in the back. "My hair still feels kinda long too..." Guess their bodies changed, but their hair, not so much! "I wonder if it'll stay that long when you turn back into a man? That'd be interesting." She snorted a bit with a grin. She'd seen his hair sometimes when it grew out but it never took him very long to shave it back to its usual look.

Sokka's grimace at her assessment of his curves only made her laugh even more. "Sorry Sokka!" He began to play along though and she grinned widely as she laughed. "And if something dangerous comes, you can throw a curve its way!" It was nice they could make light of their situation, since crying on the ground wouldn't do them much good. Onward they went instead, and behind the door was... "Another tunnel? Sheesh." So many tunnels here...though since it was underground, guess it made sense. "It'd be nice to have something with a view..." At least it was well-lit. Lots of weird designs in the wall too. "Alright! Hopefully it won't take too long..." Wonder what was at the end of it...
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Fri May 02, 2014 2:11 pm

Even with his changed state, the happy rumble and affectionate lean from Naga certainly made Sokka feel a little better about the present situation. To call this turn of events strange was an understatement, but at the very least, they were all okay and they were all still together. They would make it out of this and return to their true selves… he was determined to see this through to nothing short of that end.

Sokka could only nod as Korra saw just what he meant by the stone door being the only way they could go, although he did smile sympathetically to her at her deeper groan. "It is, but we can make it out of here." That smile shifted to more of a grin at his friend's echoed note of 'always'… no matter what came their way, that truth held just as steady in this lifetime as it did her last, and he knew it always would.

"I should hope it does!" Sokka remarked as Korra moved to better inspect her own slightly changed hair. Cocking his head a bit to the side, he added, "I guess the transformation is into what we would look like had we actually been born the opposite gender, hence the changes to our hairstyles being pretty slight." It was no more bizarre than the fact that they had both swapped genders, but he was admittedly grateful that that change was a relatively minor one. As far as the idea of his hair possibly staying this length once he changed back to himself went though, he wound up raising his eyebrows as he tried to imagine it. He chuckled a bit before noting, "Yeah, it would… it could be worse, I guess. If it does stay this way though, I'll just have to cut and shave it right back."

Still, in the back of his mind, Sokka could not wonder how this swap might have acted had he already started to grow out the goatee he apparently wore the older he got. Given the changes to his hair already though, he had a feeling it would have vanished along with certain other aspects of his true form. Speaking of which… he was afraid his reaction to his new curves would send Korra into an even greater bout of laughter, and sure enough, it had. He appreciated her sympathy though, just as much as he did her addition to their joking around with their situation. Even with as confusing as their predicament was, making light of it would certainly help see them through it. He had a strong feeling that before the end of it all, they would have both been able to play off of their changed states, and here, to see Korra's mood brightened already? Sokka was all too glad to be the first one to have a go at it.

"You know it!" With all the talk of curves though, for now it was time for them to head straight ahead, right into a new tunnel. Sokka nodded in agreement in the hope that this tunnel wouldn't take too long to traverse. The going was pretty smooth and uneventful as the two teens and Naga continued forward, but even as they headed deeper into the tunnel, Sokka couldn't help but perk up slightly as he thought he heard the sound of some stones shifting behind them. "Korra, listen… do you hear that?" he asked, stopping right in front of one of sections of the tunnel between two square columns. The sound had come from behind them, but he was lucky he had stopped there, because a second later, two large stone gears suddenly slammed out from the walls. They didn't meet in the middle, but they had shot out with enough force that they would have sent anyone who ran into their front or side for a definite loop.

"Whoa!" Sokka jumped back, glad that his reflexes were still just as sharp. He looked down the hall before them to see that other cross-sections were now subject to new and changing obstacles… shifting stone blocks, spikes jutting up front grooves in the floor before receding to spring back up, and other similar hazards. "Great… I think we just found our first test… we have to get past all of this."
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Sun May 11, 2014 12:59 am

Korra nodded in agreement. "If this place thinks it has any kind of upperhand, its actually just making this all that much easier for us." They might be herded a bit in where to go, but they weren't going to stumble into a trap. They were Sokka and the Avatar! They'd go where they were being shoved, but keep a steady eye out for trouble along the way. They'd no doubt have those trials along the way to attend to...

She chuckled a bit at Sokka's remark, suppose it would be a little strange for her hair to just retract back into her scalp. Which was another reason why hopefully Sokka's hair would keep to its current length when he became a man again...though it wasn't like they felt the transformation either. They were unconscious, and woke up in their altered bodies. "Hm...that does make sense." So this is what she'd look like if she had been born a man... "Can you imagine if we had changed bodies instead of just genders?" The idea drew a slight grimace and a cursory glance at her companion. It was one thing to change genders but to actually be in her friend's body? That'd be crossing some sort of personal line.

Korra chuckled at Sokka's playful retort, her laugh especially deep with her new voice. Though, even as making light of their situation was a good thing, they did eventually have to move on. They couldn't stay like this forever! Couldn't stay in this cave forever either, there didn't seem to be any food or even sources of food. Into the tunnel the three went, the teenagers leading as Naga brought up the back. Sokka perked at some noise, Korra tilting her head to listen and Naga's ears moving about to try and locate it. "Yeah, it sounds like...something's moving. Its not us, is it?" Couldn't be, because it sounded like it was coming from further behind, behind even Naga. There was an even sharper movement, however, and with a slight noise of alarm, Avatar and polar bear dog jumped back and closer to Sokka as he moved as well, two gears suddenly slamming into the walls. "What was that?!"

She followed Sokka's eyes further ahead, where the path seemed to move and change randomly. "A maze that moves, are you kidding me? We'll be lucky not to be killed!" The moving pieces were stone...of course they were. If she had earthbending she could easily destroy them. "This reminds me of an obstacle course I trained with for airbending. Do you think we have to move like a leaf in the wind, or will we need to do a bit more than fancy footwork to get through these?"
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Mon May 12, 2014 7:34 am

Sokka grinned a bit more at Korra's confident statement, right before nodding in sound agreement. "My thoughts exactly. Even with anything this place might do to us, we're still us, and we'll still triumph over everything in here." No matter what the universe threw at them, Team Avatar was unstoppable! They would get past the challenges ahead the same as they would get past the one they had woken up to. Granted, that one might still take a little bit of time to adapt to, but he knew they could handle it.

Glad to hear a chuckle from his friend, Sokka was also pleased that his musing about their situation made sense to her. As far as Korra's next question went though, he could only blink before looking to her and drawing up his shoulder's a bit reflexively. "I kind of can, but I'm glad we didn't… no offense, of course." Korra's true self had a very nice body after all, but it was a little easier knowing that he had changed into what he would have been as a woman instead of actually becoming his friend. He trusted her more than anyone, but the last thing he would want would to have her feel awkward being in his own body, or to feel another sort of awkwardness knowing he was in hers. "I'd trust you for that too, but… I think we know each other well enough without having to experience that."

Save any of that though, Sokka was just glad that Korra had got to keep her bending. It might have been limited to her native element right now, but losing her true gender even temporarily was likely something that she could tackle better than losing her bending. That would have been painful for her, both at present and from any memories that might have resurfaced. As he thought on it though… his instincts told him that the switch was set to be limited to this alone, and he could certainly handle that. It was still strange of course, but the two of them could get through it.

Sokka had a feeling that many more jokes laid ahead for the two of them, but that wasn't the only thing that was in front them… as Korra noted that she heard the strange noise too, he was set to answer her question about the chance of it being them. Before he could though, the two large gears slammed forward, prompting all three of them to jump back and just in time, too. With his own observation voiced, Sokka nodded once to Korra's voiced disbelief. He narrowed his blue gaze, though… this was going to be tough, but he was not about to let some narrow maze get the better of him.

At catching Korra's note about the obstacle course she had trained with before, Sokka did perk up a bit. "You know, I remember you telling me about that one… as for getting through it, I think we'll need both the airbender philosophy as well as the fancy footwork." With a steady glance back to the maze to study its hazards and patterns, Sokka took a deep breath and let it out slowly before noting, "It'll be tricky, but I know we've both tacked crazier. It all seems to have a pattern, at least… and if we time it just right, we can make our way to the door."

With a grin to his friend, Sokka took a stance to help him get a good running start. "Ready when you are." Only once Korra was set did he dash forward, set to slip past the stone gears and vault over the shifting blocks that were next. Hopefully they could both go on without getting hit too hard!

CHALLENGE 1: THE SHIFTING MAZE

Stone Gears –> Shifting Floor Blocks –> Spikes from the Floor –> Shifting Wall Blocks –> Stone Gears from the Ceiling

FLIP 5 COINS!

Each flip will determine if Korra and/or Sokka got past each hazard with or without taking any hits!
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Mon May 12, 2014 7:34 am

The member 'Sokka' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Coin Flip' :
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Sun May 18, 2014 3:48 am

Korra nodded exuberantly. "That's exactly right!" This place tossed a lot of things that threw them off, such as the gender switch thing, but that was just a bump in the road. As if having a different body was going to get in the way of some adventuring. Take some getting used to, sure, but since they were stuck here...might as well keep going! They'd get their bodies back to normal, and get a nice reward too. She was ready! She was born ready! She hopped from foot to foot, hands clenched into eager fists, though she took notice of Sokka's stance and chuckled a bit. "Oh, I'm glad too. Guess we can be thankful that this thing isn't THAT bad to do that to us, huh?" She nodded again in agreement. "Yeah, I don't think I'd know what to do with your boomerang and your sword...and you'd be stuck trying to figure out how to bend. If this place had switched out bodies, we'd be in a lot more trouble!" They'd be able to figure it out, of course, but eesh...that would be a tough situation.

Back to the maze, what was undoubtedly their first obstacle in this place, Korra remembered that she had mentioned the training area to him before. According to Sokka, they may need some airbender moves and fancy footwork both. "This is a lot tougher than probending..." At least with probending, you only had three opponents to worry about. Here, there were tons of crashy, smashy, moving parts! "A pattern?" She echoed, eyes narrowing to watching the moving parts and try to find such a pattern. It was honestly pretty hard though, the pattern to her just seemed to be 'smash smash smash crunch crunch crack smash'. She took a deep breath of her own and steadied her nerves, glancing back at Naga. The polar bear dog whimpered slightly, but seemed confident for the most part. Giving the critter an affectionate pat, she got into position beside her friend.

"Ready when you are, too. We'll be right beside you." Though the looks of those things really sent her stomach into a knot...still, she tensed up her muscles and shot out like a light, trying to use what she remembered as she went. Naga was behind her, at her heels. She'd glance to see how Sokka was doing, but she was afraid that if her eyes strayed too much she'd get clobbered! Taking it on good faith that he wasn't hurt, she continued.
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Sun May 18, 2014 3:48 am

The member 'Korra' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Coin Flip' :
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Mon May 19, 2014 8:53 am

"Heh-heh, yeah," noted Sokka nodding to Korra with a slightly broader smile at their shared sentiment. Inwardly, he was rather amused that right after that agreement she voiced part of what he had just been thinking about their respective abilities, and with a lighthearted chuckle of his own at the idea of them being in more of a bind, he added, "I think you could handle them all right, but even with a great teacher by my side, I doubt I'd be anywhere NEAR as effective as you! Not all of us are waterbending masters!"

Tougher than probending that it appeared to be, the warrior knew they could tackle this shifting maze. At Korra's question about the pattern, Sokka stated, "Yeah, everything is moving back and forth, but it's all timed… all we have to do is time this as best we can." It was probably trickier than it looked, but even if they did mess up, hopefully they wouldn't be knocked around too badly. With a surge of encouragement at his friend's note that they would be right beside him, he simply gave her an understanding nod before bolting forward.

Sokka made it past the first stone gears just in time before they could slam out again, and thankfully, his deft maneuvering carried through, helping to keep him from getting hit from underneath with the stone blocks that kept shifting up, down, and around on the floor. He got caught on a couple and managed to steady his footing, but riding them higher for a few seconds, he was able to leap ahead and try to clear the spikes jutting upward at intervals. As he jumped, Sokka could tell that Korra was not faring quite as well as he was at the start, but he couldn't stop to help her without putting both of them at the risk. If she got hurt badly, he was set to dash and assist her, but she seemed to be pushing on through despite the early couple of hits.

Unfortunately, his own luck seemed to escape him as he met the next hazard. He just missed his timing by a split-second, and he soon found the spikes in question rushing right up at him. "AAH!" Well, at least he hadn't been impaled… given the angle he hit them at upon landing, he was fortunate that the worst of the damage was really his right leg getting banged up on the side, followed only by his left calf getting stuck at an awkward angle between the spikes. It wasn't pleasant, but he was relatively unharmed, and although the spikes didn't come up high enough to hit past his lower thighs, at the moment, Sokka was subconsciously grateful for the added breathing room that his current form afforded him. "Well, we're more than halfway through!"

From where he was stuck, Sokka waited for the spikes to recede before he shot off again, trying to run despite the soreness in his right leg. He cleared the dangerous stretch of floor before he could be hit again, but from where his timing had been thrown off at the spikes, he was soon hit hard in the left side by the blocks on the wall that kept jutting out before sinking away. "AGH!" His arm absorbed most of the blow, but it still sent him careening to the side by a couple of steps. A dull pain took over his upper arm, but he saw where his next opening was, and he wasn't about to let it hit him too.

Letting out a cry of determination, Sokka ran forward, sliding underneath the gears in the ceiling before they could come crashing down. His maneuver ended in a roll that carried him through the door and into the next room. Shaking his head as he tried to ignore the unfamiliar weight in his chest suddenly settling from that move, he grabbed onto his arm to try and see if it was okay as he looked over to Korra and Naga. They had made it into the next room, and save being a little banged up, they appeared to be mostly okay. "Korra! Are you all right?!"
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Thu May 29, 2014 9:54 pm

Korra chuckled, slightly sheepish. "Well, I'm not that great...I'm better at fire and earth, honestly. Your sister is the real Waterbending Master." Katara would definitely go down in history as one of the greatest benders. Her daughter Kya was no slouch either! She chuckled a bit. "We both can adapt but we're definitely better with what we know." Timed, eh? So all of this was timed? Well, that was good! So long as they kept the time in mind...

First up were the stone gears. As before, they slammed about and, despite Korra's attempt to move like a leaf, she found herself being clipped. She let out a yep as each gear managed to catch her when she least expected it, and that certainly didn't help the shifting floor beneath her feet. With every clip she stumbled, and with every stumble she found herself stumbling and trying her very best not to fall flat on her face. She was too far in to give up and back track now though, so she continued onward. She attempted to leap over the spikes as well, but continuously found herself getting scrap on some of them, leading to an angry yell of "Monkey feathers!" From the sounds of some startled yelps behind her, Naga wasn't faring much better. Like Sokka, when caught between the spikes (rather than on them, thankfully) she waited for them to go back down before dashing ahead, and she did manage to evade a few of them.

Though like Sokka, when she reached the shifting wall blocks she found herself struck by one in the side and spinning, arms whirling like a pinwheel in an attempt to maintain balance. "Agh!" She definitely hadn't broken any bones or anything...but hnnngh, did that smart. Panting, she looked at the next obstacle, think gears from the ceiling, and took a heavy gulp. She glanced to Naga, who other than a slight limp seemed alright, and gave her a brief stroke for good luck. "Almost there, girl. Almost" Watching the gears, she attempted to time them in her head before finally charging forward. Before she could collide with one though, she kicked her leg out and fell onto her back, sliding through to the next room. And she hadn't gotten smashed! She leaned on her elbows, grinning to Sokka and watching as Naga barreled her way through and skidded slightly into the room, tongue lolling.

"We did it!" Rather than be victorious though, Sokka seemed worried about her condition and she picked herself back up into standing position. "A little banged up, but I'll be fine! Think we should catch our breath, or move on?"

Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Post by Universal NPC on Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:05 am

Whether the Avatar, warrior, and polar bear dog wanted to rest or not, the Switch Dungeon seemed to have its own ideas in mind. It might have given them a breather in the entry chamber and a challenging obstacle course to help them get even more used to their new forms, but whilst it was not designed to end them outright, it had worked to test the first part of their resolve. The next chamber was set to do just the same.

Korra, Sokka, and Naga had ended up in a new cavern, one full of smooth, grey rocks not unlike those found in the entryway. One difference here though was that the center of the room was full of a shallow pool of water, and the room was lined with a small channel of its own. There was a soft, natural light emanating from both the pool as well as from behind the stalactites, giving the cavern a cool, blue effect, but the calm aura that the room seemed to hold was soon broken by a very distinct roar… one that almost had a quacking undertone to it.

"SQWOOAAAAARRRRR!"

This was a sound that the two Water Tribe natives both knew very well by now… from the limited darkness in this cavern, just behind the taller stalagmites, a platypus bear appeared. It had reared up on its hind legs and was growling at them, evidently none too pleased with seeing them here. The beasts from their homeworld could be tamed under the right conditions, but this one was very clearly wild, and that much was made all the more clear with the vicious swipe it threw towards Sokka. It appeared that their next challenge was a beast from home… hopefully they would be just as successful as they had in encounters back then!

Mammoth Monotreme
    Platypus Bear

HP: (330/330)

ATTACKS:

-- Attacking Sokka

Fight!

Last edited by Universal NPC on Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:05 am

The member 'Universal NPC' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Attack/Heal (31-35)' : 5

--------------------------------

#2 'Coin Flip' :
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:39 am

Sokka simply grinned at Korra's sheepish chuckle and note on her own waterbending abilities. "She might be… but I can definitely see both where she's passed that on to you, and where you've gotten stronger since we met." He knew that at least part of that was due to her being limited only to water right now, but the increase in her skill was still there… more than that though, each time she tapped into her waterbending, he could see a shadow of his sister. He had been with Katara from her own journey from barely being able to hold a fish in water to unleashing a veritable tsunami on her enemies, and although he had first met Korra once she had already learned the fighting art, he could see where she had regained her strength as well as gotten even better with it. And as strange as this adventure had become, Sokka was confident they would both emerge from it stronger than they had entered.

The two friends had managed to make it through the dangerous obstacle course with Naga safely in tow skidding to a stop behind them, and Sokka's quick glance to Korra to check on her was met by a grin and victorious exclamation by her. Now that he could see that his best friend was okay despite the hits they had both sustained, his initial concern immediately shifted to a relieved grin of his own. Nodding and laughing triumphantly to Korra, Sokka exclaimed, "Yeah, we did! I'm glad you're all right from that!"

At catching Korra's question, Sokka was just about to suggest that they continue forward… however, before he could answer her, a familiar roar echoed throughout the cavern. He jolted upright and quickly whipped his head around, his blue eyes widening as he saw just what had lumbered out from behind the stalagmites. It was a beast that he recognized instantly… a platypus bear. He hadn't seen a platypus bear since well before he'd been pulled to the Breach! How had one made its way here, much less into this strange cave?!

"What in the… a platypus bear?!" Sokka called out, the surprise evident in his currently higher pitched voice. His right hand moving to grip his sword, he took a defensive stance and locked his gaze on the creature. "What's it doing here?!"

As though to answer the warrior, the beast suddenly unleashed a mighty swipe of its right paw at him. "Whoa!" Sokka managed to sidestep the attack as he drew his sword, deftly moving to strafe around the platypus bear and meet it with a trio of sword slashes of his own. Hopefully his new form wouldn't throw him off too much for his attempt to attack their foe… he didn't want to fight the beast from home, but right now, he didn't really have a choice!

----

[Attacking Platypus Bear with Space Sword, 2d/1c per strike]

HP: (390/390)
    Haori: (40/40)
    AP: (62/68)

Last edited by Sokka on Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:28 am; edited 3 times in total
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar: