Portal Breach: The Collision of Worlds :: v.4.0

A New Kind of Bending

Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Level : ??

Re: A New Kind of Bending

Post by Universal NPC on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:51 am

“Yeah? Who else would I be?” Suki asked at Sokka’s voicing of her name, question mark included. She did not have to wait long for a response though, as he soon grinned at his exclamation before meeting his strong embrace with one of her own. “Ha-ha, hey! It’s nice to see you too!” This was definitely a platypus bear hug worthy of Sokka and certainly a nice one to find herself in!

Whilst the Kyoshi Warrior understood Sokka better than just about anyone, only one of his two questions really made sense to her, even if she didn’t fully know the answer herself. “I’m not really sure, to be honest. I just kind of… wound up here. This is just some cave, right?”

As for how this could be real, the very thought of that inquiry made Suki raise a wary eyebrow. “How can this be real? How can it not be? Are you feeling okay, Sokka?” Huh. Maybe all of his relief at reuniting with her was going to his head.

——

“KorrAAGH!!” Mako started to respond to Korra’s calling of his name, just before she caught him in a tight hug. Okay, he probably should have expected that, but at least he was able to recatch his breath before too long. He smiled and chuckled a little awkwardly at her second exclamation, just before he managed to ask, “I wasn’t gone that long, was I?” Had he been? He didn’t think he had. Maybe this was one of those cases where the actual time passed was shorter than it felt like. Knowing Korra, that was entirely likely.

“Ha-hey! I missed you too!” Bolin exclaimed, just as he moved to return Korra’s hug as best he could. “I can’t say the same for my goofiness, though… can goofiness really miss people? Whether it can or not, I’ve missed you enough for both me AND my goofiness!”

Once the two brothers were released from the strong hug, they could not help but smile at Korra, even if there were a bit perplexed by her questions.

“Uh… we’re not really sure, actually… I don’t think we’ve been here that long, though…”
    “Yeah, that sounds about right. I think. I mean, we just… kind of arrived, really.”

Before the earthbending brother could ask Korra about how she had fallen into this cave herself, she mused about how good it was to see them, before perking up after a few seconds. This caused Mako to blink in confusion, and Bolin to perk up just a bit. Her exclamation was quickly followed by a strained expression which only served to confuse them further, just before she mentioned needing their help. It was strange enough to hear that Naga, her companion that was normally inseparable from her was missing, but what she said about Sokka… or as she put it, THE Sokka missing, was just… bizarre.

“Korra, are you feeling okay? Are you sure?” Mako started, exchanging a glance with Bolin. “I mean… if you mean Sokka as in the councilman and Katara’s brother. I thought he was… er, I mean… gone…”
    “Yyyyyyyeah Korra…” Bolin drawled, not entirely sure of how to gently question her mention of Sokka and the addition of a long story. “How does that even make any sense?”

——

Ever the clever beast, Naga was set to investigate the large, mysterious sword in the center of this room. Whilst her efforts to rouse Korra and Sokka from whatever force had taken hold of them had not been successful, at the very least, she was still here with them. As her attention shifted to the sword though, it seemed that her curiosity was about to reward her as she freed one rope from the base that it was attached to. There were still more ropes tied to the hilt of the sword, but Naga had still disturbed one, and that was all she needed to do to free the sword from its resting place.

Whether that was a good thing or not though remained to be seen. With the one rope removed, the sword responded, the markings on it beginning to pulse with a soft, red light. One long pulse, and suddenly all of the remaining ropes burst into flames along with their bases. With a steady rumble, the sword began to lift itself out of the ground until it was finally floating in the air, just before it turned itself upright in a fighting position. It swung around menacingly a few times before it slammed heavily right into he ground, barely a foot from Naga’s side. The hit reverberated throughout the chamber, and with its display of strength complete, the sword righted itself once more, holding steady in front of the polar bear dog.

To a normal human, it would have appeared that the sword was simply floating there by itself. The same went for any animal, dog, bear, chimeric animals, or otherwise. However, such animals did have sharper senses and thus had the chance to try and discern anything about the mysterious and imposing sword. Whether she was able to do so before or after it swung again at her was entirely up to Naga.
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 45

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:15 pm

Sokka was so relived to see Suki that he couldn’t think of a witty response to her question. Her voice, although it was like heaven to his ears, was effectively rendered a blur as he moved forward to meet her in a tight embrace. He closed his eyes even tighter as she felt him hug him back, reveling in the sensation of feeling her against him. Was this a dream? It had to be… but she felt so real… and with as real as everything else had been in this dungeon, did this not have the same chance of being real?

He could assess this new event one step at a time, right after he finished hugging her.

As Sokka started to loosen his hold on Suki, his mind quickly began to pick back up, soon racing to piece things together. First off, he had somehow been separated from Korra and Naga. Two, he’d miraculously been transformed back into his true self, which by proxy meant that Korra should be female again, wherever she was. Three, Suki had somehow managed to appear in the depths of this dungeon, although she had no idea how she’d wound up here. Something didn’t quite add up around that last point, but this was the Breach. Whilst people did often arrive in the city, they had also often appeared out in the wilderness, so it wasn’t too far fetched the Suki had wound up in this particular area of the Boolean Mountains. As relieved as he was to see her though, the one thing that did not sit well with him was the fact that previous enemies had also appeared in the dungeon. The Platypus Bear for one… had it really been here, or was it just a fabrication of the cave? The same went for Turbo… but this was Suki. And she wasn’t an enemy. She was an ally… and his girlfriend.

Whether she was really here or not… Sokka could figure that out. But for what it was worth, he sincerely hoped it was real, and he was going to hold onto that hope for as long as he could.

At her mention of this just being some cave, it was all he could do to suppress a stunned laugh. “Ah! Ah-ha… I… well… something like that… it’s a pretty crazy one, though… even more bizarre than the one that led to Omashu. Puzzles, battles… involuntary transformations… aaah, yeah.” Sokka paused, chuckling a little as he realized just how crazy he probably sounded, although his eyes widened a bit when he then thought about just how crazy he was going to sound with his next point. “It… it is a cave network of some sort, kind of like a dungeon inside of one. And it’s more complex than it seems. I mean, Korra and I just ventured in here and had been through a lot before we got separated I found you… so before I can explain too much more, we’ve got to find her. I mean… Suki… Korra is… you’ve not met her yet, but… Suki, she’s from the future in our time. She’s the Avatar after Aang.”

——

HP: (390/390)
    Haori: (14/40)
    AP: (38/68)
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 31

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:12 am

Mako's little yell was funny, and familiar. Korra laughed, a joyful little chuckle as she tensed her arms, giving him a light squeeze. Despite the yell, Korra knew Mako was alright. Caught off guard maybe, but he was in one piece. As long as nothing snapped, she'd assume he was fine, still in one big Mako piece. The Avatar let out a sudden bark of a laugh, and tears welled up in her eyes before she could hold it back. "I-I've been here for almost a year. I thought I'd never see you two again!" The point she had been taken, she and Mako had only barely started their relationship! While she had gone out on the town with Bolin once, she had never had any kind of date with Mako. Maybe now...maybe here... They could do so much! Go on dates, be like a real couple... More than anything, she wanted to grab onto him and never let go.

Bolin returned the hug, openly wondering if goofiness could miss people before declaring that he missed her too. He received a hug as well, the tears that had welled up long since blinked away as she looked at them curiously. "When was the last time you two saw me?" How long had it been for them?

...Huh. They had...just arrived? In the same cave that she...happened to wander into? On the same day? Korra's brows furrowed, her grip on the two of them slacking ever so slightly. "That's...a big coincidence. All three of us...happening upon this cave on the same day!" A bit of dread found its way into her stomach, a little voice in the back of her head telling her that something didn't add up, but she waved the feeling off. Her grip on the two of them tightened again, resting her cheek on Mako's shoulder. "Guess I was meant to finally find you two in here!"

"Huh?" She frowned, honestly confused by their own confusion for a moment. "Of course, I feel fine. Better than fine!" She had her body back, she had two of her greatest friends back, along with her boyfriend... "But I'll feel a lot better when we find Naga and Sokka." Their skepticism was starting to make more sense, and it reminded her of Tenzin's reaction to being told that Sokka was here. It was going to be very hard to explain everything in a believable way without having Sokka himself there to wave and confirm his...Sokka-ness. The young woman took a deep breath in and puffed her cheeks out in thought. She really would prefer finding her other friends, not telling Mako and Bolin all of this, but they did deserve an explanation...

"In our time, he's gone. But like...50 or 60 years ago, he was alive, and around our age! I mean, I've been here for a year, waiting for you two to arrive, and you've just arrived. That shouldn't make sense, right? But that's what happened! It's like that for us. Sokka was brought here while he was still a teenager. It's...it's like...time...stuff!" Both hands had abandoned the boys, positioned in front of herself as she attempted to explain, taking on a sort of half shrugging pose. "Just, trust me. I came in here with him, and I have no idea where he, or Naga, are."

The rope displaced, the sword reacted almost immediately. Naga backed up a few steps and took a defensive stance, hackles along her spine rising as she stared the sword down. The lips of her muzzle curled as the odd markings on the sword began to glow, with a steady red light. The light remained constant, and Naga almost relaxed, just in time for the other ropes attached to the sword to suddenly burst into flames! Flames that seemed to come from the stone bases, too. The polar bear dog jolted with a yelp, eyes firmly locked onto the display going on before her. Seemingly freed from the ropes, the sword rose out of the ground and into the air. Moving on its own, it turned in a position that Naga knew from experience with Sokka, to be a fighting position. The polar bear dog growled, a deep rumble though her paws padded at the ground anxiously. Was this helping her friends at all?

The disembodied word swung, seemingly blind before slamming into the ground, and way too close for comfort! A ringing noise echoed around the chamber, loud and steady from the sword's action. She charged forward, putting a bit of distance between herself and the sword before she turned back to it once more, teeth bared. After the show of force, the sword had now resigned itself to bob in the air in front of Naga. The sword was strong, and seemingly operated by no one at all! It moved on its own, and was definitely dangerous. She wouldn't see it as anything but dangerous until it was either planted in the ground again, or broken. Something was going on with this thing...and she was going to find out. Naga lifted herself up, and swiped her hefty paw outwards to strike the sword, claws aimed to smack it down to the ground.

---
    (276/280) - HP
    (31/46) - Stamina
    Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Post by Universal NPC on Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:12 pm

As sharp as she was, Suki was oblivious to the fact that something around this reunion didn’t make sense to Sokka. The only thing that wasn’t sitting well with HER was the fact that he wasn’t entirely acting like himself. Questioning how this could be real? What was that about? She knew he frequently thought that she was too good to be true, but he still new how to ground himself even around his most romantic and endearing thoughts.

She did soon raise her eyebrows though as he started to laugh at her question, before starting a segway into how this was not just ‘some came.’ Each thing he mentioned sounded believable, if not a little unlikely, but still entirely possible. The whole thing about involuntary transformations though… the was the only thing that caused her to really raise a skeptical eyebrow. When he passed and didn’t seem to continue just yet, she waited a moment for asking, “So… it is a cave, but it’s full of unexpected things?”

Sokka continued soon after her gentle prodding, explaining that it was like some weird dungeon inside a network of caves. Fair enough… there were plenty of underground bases and the like that had bene built from caves. Why this one was hear though and the purpose it served were apparently the big mysteries. It was almost like stumbling into undiscovered ruins… now that was a neat thought. Before she could voice it though, Suki raised her eyebrows at the mention of someone named Korra. “What? Sokka, who’s Korra?”

There was not a hint of jealousy in her voice, simply confusion. Suki knew full well that Sokka had female friends and was often one to help someone out in need regardless of their gender; that was fine. Still, was she some new friend he’d managed to make in the short time they’d been apart? He was quick to answer her though, although his response was possibly the most confusing thing he’d said yet. “Wait… an Avatar from the future? Sokka, that doesn’t make any sense! And if she’s the Avatar, then that would mean that Aang is… how can she be from the future?”

“A year? But… what? Korra, the doesn’t make any sense. We saw you not too long ago.” Seriously! He knew it wasn’t yesterday, and it was long enough to miss her more than a little bit, but it could not have been a year!

“Yeah,” Bolin added, quick to nod, just before adding, “I mean, time without seeing you does feel like, well, an eternity, but I don’t think it was ACTUALLY one…” As far as her question about seeing them went, the two brothers exchanged a glance as best they could before looking back to the Avatar. “It wasn’t that long ago…”

“Maybe a few days at the most,” mentioned Mako. He could not pull an exact date, but that felt right. Maybe even more right than this great big coincidence that she mentioned, but so long as he got to see Korra and see that she was safe, that was all he cared about. As she hugged them with renewed vigor, hr noted, “Hey, cave or not, it’s just good to see you.”

Once she released them from their hug and mentioned how she felt fine, better than fine, and how she’d be better once she somehow found Naga and Sokka, Bolin furrowed his brow slightly. “Are you sure, Korra?” He studied her for a moment, just before moving to place his palm over the Avatar’s forehead as though he was checking her temperature. “Hm…” At feeling that her temperature wasn’t too different, he let his hand drop, looking at it dubiously before glancing back to their friend.

Korra appeared to be thinking furiously over everything, just before she began to explain just how she knew Sokka. The note of two different times made plenty of sense, even if the way the had converged here did not. Again, she mentioned that she had been here for about a year, waiting for them… so… she and Sokka had been brought to wherever this place was thanks to time stuff.

“Right… time stuff. Is this some… Avatar thing?” Mako hated calling it that, but that was the most mythical thing he could think of alongside the Spirit World. “Whatever it is, if you’re sure this is what’s going on… well, it sounds pretty far-fetched, but I can tell you’re not making this up.” He knew her pretty well after all, and after reuniting with her, the last thing he wanted was some fight that could be avoided. Everything would become clear sooner or later, and he could help Korra when they came to that bridge.

“Okay… yeah… it sounds crazy, but YOU are not crazy,” noted Bolin, nodding confidently to back up his brother’s sentiment. “First things first though… where did you last see them, and how do we get out of… wherever this place is?”

The sword kept its ready stance trained on the polar bear dog, set to either strike out at her or counter any attack she might throw at it. It bobbed steadily for a few moments, before its foe reared up and unleashed a powerful swipe at the side of its blade. It was ready though, and with a ethereal strength, somehow managed to hold itself firm as the large paw made contact. The sword was still sitting there as Naga’s paw was locked in a clash against it, but as her sinewy forearm held firm, the longer she stayed here, the more she could feel that this sword was being driving by something far more than just itself. There had to be something behind it, but there was still nothing there!

After several seconds of the two locked in a vicious draw, the sword lowered itself slightly from the power behind Naga’s paw, just before turning her own strength against her in a deadly counter. As her paw followed through, the sword pushed up and forward, attempting to at the very least push her aside, if not land a glancing blow in the process.
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:56 pm

Sokka did not fail to catch the dubious way that Suki raised her eyebrows. He knew he sounded crazy. He had to sound crazy. A weird cave, the Avatar after Aang, not seeing her in forever on his end… heck, if HE heard himself mention all this, he’d be the first one put on on his skeptic’s hat and try to figure it all out! But the two of them had already been through plenty of things that didn’t make total sense… at least not at first. It just took time, some detective work, and a little critical thinking… now he just needed to EXPLAIN it all critically.

“Yeah, that’s an easy way to describe it, I guess…” noted Sokka, nodding to Suki at her question. Unexpected was an understatement, but if it worked, then hey, he was going to take it, and gladly at that. He had no idea why the dungeon was here, if it was something born of the Breach itself or if it was a strange place pulled from some other world. All that mattered at this point was that he and Korra were able to get out of it in one piece each. He was determined to make the most of this experience, even with as bizarre as switching genders had been, and although he knew he wasn’t exactly happy to be down here right now, between the bonding he and Korra had already experienced along with the way he’d managed to run into Suki, he was not about to let it keep him down. He going to try to push through it all, emerge triumphantly, and later be able to look back on the positives from this. Sure, there were some downsides… but scarcely was any adventure perfect. They could be good and fun, though… and he was sure that they would get something out of this one, that promised power or otherwise.

Sure enough, Suki wasted little time in asking him who Korra was, and although he gave as good an explanation as he could in a brief space, the Kyoshi Warrior still seemed understandably confused. Much like his own reaction at not understanding how Korra could be the Avatar when he first met her, Suki was also confused, soon expressing her own concern over what that meant for Aang. Time was relative in the end, and the future could be near or distant… but it couldn’t be that near! Otherwise Korra would still be a little baby! Man, wouldn’t that have been strange…

“I… Suki, I know it sounds impossible, but that’s just how this place is. You… you and I aren’t back home anymore. We’re not in the city, we’re not in any of the colonies… we’re not even in our own world. We’ve been pulled from there to this one… it’s a different one called Portal Breach. This place… it’s kind of a nexus point. It’s where people from different worlds and different times in those worlds end up… that’s how I was able to end up here, and you ended up here… and how Korra, from 70 years in our future, ended up here.”

He knew it sounded unrealistic, the same as any explanation about the arrival on the Breach was… he’d been the one to hear and give this explanation before. He never thought he’d have to give it to Suki, even though he did always hope that he would be able to be reunited with her someday. As it was, he tried to keep his voice as steady as possible, his eyes locked on hers, and generally try to make it all sound as believable as possible. Barring that, he was least wanted to sound as though he was telling the truth. And really… he was.

——

AP: (39/68)
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:01 am

Despite Korra's relief at seeing her friends again, she could not hold back an irritated sigh in the face of their skepticism and confusion. It was enough to make her grin shrink with every word that came out of her mouth as she argued back at them. "It may have been a few days at the most for you two, but not for me! I've been here for months, you just have to trust me!" Why couldn't they just do that? All these months, thinking she might never see them again, and here they were. They didn't want to believe her! As irritated as it made her, Korra sighed again and pushed a lock of hair behind an ear at Mako's relieved response. She glanced off to the side as her cheeks flushed. "It's...good to see you too, Mako." She really had missed the firebender...

"Yes I'm sure, Bolin." Korra's tone was now curt, brows furrowed in annoyance as her friend looked her over as if she were a sick patient. He even moved to put a hand over her head as if he was checking for a fever! Aside from a glare in Bolin's direction, Korra made no move to push the hand away. Instead, she merely folded her hands over her chest and waited for Bolin to finish. If only she had her firebending, she could probably give Bolin's hand a little bit of heat... Not enough to burn, but enough to get her point across! She seemed to finally be making some progress though, even if it was hastily deemed 'Avatar stuff'. "Yeah...something like that." She answered in a hesitating tone, even giving Mako a light shrug. If it were an Avatar thing, there'd probably be more spirits, and perhaps a vision of Aang. Plus, being the Avatar didn't mean diddly-squat on the Breach. Avatar stuff...didn't happen much here. It'd make do for a good explanation though, especially since it finally made the two of them consider that she was right.

"Believe me, it only gets weirder from here. But...I'm glad you believe me now. I'm sorry for getting angry, I just...really want to find them, before anything happens to them..." She gave them both an apologetic smile before she considered Bolin's follow up questions. "Well...I was walking with them, down a dark tunnel in these caves. It was cold, and kinda eerie... We were all just...walking together and then suddenly I couldn't see or feel either of them. It must have been because I entered this room...after I noticed they were gone, there was finally some light, and fog. And then I ran into you! Maybe our paths down that tunnel...took us to separate rooms..." She glanced around the area, squinting through the fog. "Maybe if we find a door, we can get out of here and back into the tunnel, and find wherever they went!" There...was a door in here somewhere, right?

Naga's paw clashed with the sword, though the sword did not clatter down to the ground as expected! Instead, it held steady in the air, even pressing against her paw with a force, like a weapon being wielded by a real person. Naga's claws scraped against the metal of the sword as she pressed down with more force, still finding the sword to be staying stubbornly in place. A displeased rumble sounded from the polar bear dog as her back paws moved to better support her body. The sword dipped down for a moment, Naga pushing her paw downwards along with it, only for the sword to suddenly change position! Upwards and forward, the paw dislodged from the sword as Naga stumbled to the side, a few strands of white fur falling down to the ground. A glancing blow had been felt, though it had only nicked some of her fur.

Panting from the force of her exertion on the sword, Naga stared back at the sword for a moment. It felt as though the sword wasn't just floating. Like something was...holding it! Something she could not see... Giving a deep growl, the polar bear dog charged towards the sword, though as she came before it, she skidded to a stop and began to turn. Her tail lashed behind her as she turned, and attempted to slam into whatever invisible creature was wielding the sword!

---
    (276/280) - HP
    (32/46) - Stamina
    Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Post by Universal NPC on Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:17 am

Suki was pleased that her own assessment of this weird, mysterious cave was apparently pretty accurate. She had got it straight and to the point: just the way she liked it. That was part of why she was mildly frustrated with the way that Sokka was a little hesitant to explain things… that, and the fact that she was still trying to figure out just where she was. She fully understood that sometimes he had to work on a proper lead-in for big news and the like, but the longer she stood here, the more she wanted to know what exactly was going on. Still… the important thing was that she was back with Sokka. That was all that really mattered in the end.

What Sokka explained next though… even with as crazy and far-fetched as it all sounded… she believed him. His gaze was unwavering, his tone was honest, and most of all… he was Sokka. He had no reason to lie to her. The Kyoshi Warrior listed very carefully to him, taking in everything he said and trying to make sense of it all. As it was, she felt she might still need to process some of it, but again, Sokka was here… and that was her main focus.

“I… wow. A different world? Traveling from different times? …. The future Avatar? I… I’m sorry Sokka, it… it’s a little much to take in, but… as crazy as it is…” Suki paused, glancing down for a few moments before looking back to his blue eyes and smiling softly. With a sigh, she simply looked to him for a bit before reaching forward and gently cupping his cheek with her hand.  “When you put it like that… it makes sense. I know you’re telling the truth.” In the end… there was only one thing she truly cared about. “No matter where we are though, all that matters is that I’m with you.”

And that stood even with the strange realization she started to come to after several long seconds of standing her with Sokka. … … … This was… well, he did say that it was a crazy cave, but… this was completely beyond the realm of what she thought it might have held…

"Hey, Sokka... I know that we've been apart for a little while, but... when did you change into a girl?”

Sure enough, whilst it might have sounded entirely random, Suki’s question had some definite bearing. Somehow, in the midst of this lighter fog, Sokka’s form had shifted back to the one this dungeon had bestowed upon him. The Kyoshi Warrior was certainly surprised, but she still managed to keep her presence of mind even as she dropped her hand and looked at her boyfriend before her. “I mean, not that I mind if you’re a girl, but… what happened?”

A few days for them and a year for her? That was crazy though! They had just seen her recently! Still… as farfetched as it was, they didn’t have any reason not to believe her… even if they wanted to meet this incredible news with a dash of skepticism just in case of something else was at work here. Korra wasn’t one to

“We do trust you, Korra. We just… it’s because we trust you that we want to make absolutely sure.”
    “Yeah! That’s all, really!” As for the strength behind her positive answer and her subsequent glare, Bolin could not help but flinch slightly before pulling his hand back. “Okay, fine… you’re sure. Sorry.” Maybe he and Mako could have been a little gentler with their doubt, even more than they’d tried to be, but…  it really was based in their care for her. At the Avatar’s hesitation though, it was Mako’s turn to jolt slightly, now feeling bad for having voiced one of the the first things that had come to his mind. “I… hey, I’m sorry Korra. I shouldn’t have said that. I do believe you, we both do… I was just trying to make sense of it.”

Mako and Bolin wanted to believe Korra, they really did. And overall, even with as bizarre as it sounded, they did believe her. But more than anything, more than any new worlds, time shenanigans, or mysterious caves, they only cared about her. She was their primary focus, and for them to be reunited with their closest friend, that was all that really mattered. Still, they couldn’t help but smile and feel relieved as she apologized, both of them exchanging a glance before looking back to her.

“You’re fine. We’re sorry too,” said Bolin, moving to give his friend another big hug. Pulling back from that as Korra began to expand on just what had happened here, the two listened carefully, trying to see if they could figure out anything from another angle now that they knew how Korra had been before they were reunited with her. Strange rooms, coldness, eeriness, and fog… it all added up for the weird place they were in… maybe it also added up to the unexpected change before them?

Mako’s eyes widened slightly as he looked to Korra, who in the few seconds around her explanation, had somehow managed to change into the male form she had held before she found the two. Bolin’s eyebrows raised a bit as well but whilst neither of them really knew what to say, the older brother knew that the two could not just stand there looking on in disbelief.

“I uh… I do think we’re just in one room… even if I’m not sure where it ends. Korra… we’ll find them. The most important thing is that we found you, and we’ll do what we can for them as well.” Well, it didn’t address the shift in appearances here, but at least it was something good to taper into?

Between Naga's keen senses and that well-placed assault, that was all it took for the wielder of this hefty sword to be revealed. An unearthly growl reverberated throughout the chamber, and the monster was no longer invisible.  The sword was still very solid, but the thing wielding it was rather ghostly in appearance, fitting as it had seemingly materialized out of nowhere. Its body was cloaked in dark robes, the right sleeve missing whilst the left was long and billowy. The spindly, long clawed arms belied the sheer strength held by this monster, whatever it was… the skull-like head with glowing eyes, sharp teeth, and segmented horns only added to its ethereal presence, but even as it was shaken from the body slam, its form pulsed into a more corporeal version of itself, just before it let out another cry and spun, attempting to slash Naga with its weapon.

Arbiter's Guardian
    Death Sword

HP: (???/???)

ATTACKS: Attacking Naga

Last edited by Universal NPC on Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:17 am

The member 'Universal NPC' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Coin Flip' :

--------------------------------

#2 'Attack/Heal (21-25)' : 8
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:52 am

Sokka knew it sounded unbelievable, especially after the way that the two of them reunited so unexpectedly. This accursed cave was one thing, but to end up in a different world and encounter people also from your world but from different times? He had been skeptical at first too, but at least he had been able to process his arrival after getting plenty of evidence in the city… and only after he had started to adapt had he run into Korra. Her familiarity helped out the most as the two Water Tribe teens had got to meet, but the same as Suki here… he did remember how he couldn’t believe that Korra was the Avatar at first. Granted… she gave him plenty of reason to believe, but he did still have that momentary disbelief.

Still, much to his relief, even though Suki did not have all the same evidence before her that he’d had, somehow, Sokka had managed to make the inconceivable make sense. He smiled as Suki rested her hand on his cheek, feeling his own heart flutter a bit as she noted how all she cared about was being with him. Whether he had been able to reunite with her or not, no matter where life had taken them… simply hearing that was all Sokka needed right now.

The two did have a nice, heartfelt moment that tapered into comfortable silence, but several seconds later, Suki spoke again, asking something that made Sokka freeze. He blinked and widened his eyes instantly, gasping as he didn’t want to believe what he was hearing, just before he tensed at hearing the slightly higher pitch his voice had taken on again. Glancing down to his frame, his eyes widened further as he realized that somehow, he had reverted to the form that he had taken as part of his and Korra’s unintentional trade. What… NO! How could he be a girl again?!

“Huh?!” His arms flew out to the sides so that he could get a better look at himself, and he felt panic rising in his now much fuller chest. No… no, no, NO!! This couldn’t be happening! Not again! Not now! Not in front of Suki! “Suki, I…” No… he didn’t want her to hear his voice like that, even if she was being remarkably calm about the whole thing! He knew he was still himself, but… why was the happening again? He knew that this cave was set to challenge them, and this was proving to be a new challenge in and of itself, but… wait. The cave. That was all he needed to answer her.

Holding on to her words as she noted that she did not mind, Sokka took a deep breath to gather himself, looking forward to Suki’s dark blue eyes and hoping that everything really would be okay… and that Korra was also fine wherever she was, whether she was a guy again or not. “Suki… remember when I mentioned involuntary transformations? That… this… this is what I meant. This cave… it’s a dungeon. It’s like it’s meant to challenge you if you come in, or at least that’s what I’ve been able to figure out about it. Korra and I set foot in here together just to check it out, but we couldn’t advance. According to the old plaque at the front of the cave, we could get more power through this dungeon, but first, we had to trade with whoever we were with. It… it forced this trade on us though. Korra’s a girl and I’m a guy… so it made us trade that part of ourselves.”

Turning his eyes downward, Sokka let out a sigh, really hoping that things would resolve themselves soon. He needed to find Korra and Naga, get out of this chamber, and do his best to complete whatever challenges would let them out of this dungeon. Everything had to work out somehow… it… it just had it. “Suki… I… I’m sorry…”

——

AP: (40/68)
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:39 pm

It was because they trusted her, that they wanted to make absolute sure? A scathing remark brewed in her head, threatening to tear out of her throat, though she bit down and clamped her mouth shut instead. It had been incredibly tempting to throw Mako's 'sense of trust' in his face, the way he refused to believe that Asami's father could be an Equalist. Bolin was more forgivable, he had always been rather trusting, and so his flinch actually did sting. As did Mako's apology, which made Korra all the more thankful she had kept the biting remark back. The Avatar huffed lowly and pushed several strands of hair back out of her own face. "I know, I know. It's a lot to take in and dump on you guys, and expect you to just understand--I just really want to find them. We've been fighting things in here, and we've been in puzzles and mazes--they could be hurt right now!" Her tone quickly betrayed her worries and her stress, racing thoughts that told her that Sokka and Naga could be in a fight right now, or a painful trap! They needed her. As great as it was to be with Mako and Bolin, her other friends needed her too! Her fingers continued to comb through her scalp, pushing her hair back tightly.

Thankfully Bolin came in for a hug, and it seemed to calm her down as she wrapped her arms around the stocky young man. They clenched tightly as she gave another, harsher sigh. "It's okay, it's alright... I'm still so glad to see you." Korra raised her gaze to stare back at Mako, right into those amber colored eyes. "Both of you. I'm sorry for getting upset..." Thankfully, her friends were very understanding about it. Neither of them were angry at her, though maybe they were a little hurt.. Oh great going, Korra. First day back with your new friends and you made them feel bad. Friend of the year! Letting those thoughts go with yet another sigh, Korra explained the situation to her friends to the best of her ability. It was likely confusing for them, though both of them seemed to grasp what she was saying.

Her arms now by her side, Korra did not immediately notice the change that had returned to her body. Waking up in it was different from having it shift while she was standing with her friends. A change in the distribution of weight on her body, though she only subconsciously changed her pose to fix it. The only thing she did notice right away was the response from her friends, both of which seemed rather shocked about something. "Mm?" The little hum was deeper than usual, but still waved off as Korra swiveled her head back to glance at the area behind her. Upon seeing nothing but fog, she shrugged lightly to herself before answering. "Yeah, at least I have--" Korra's eyes suddenly bugged out, and both hands flew to her mouth in an instant! Had it...? But how?! "Ah-!" There was a reason Korra had left out this part in her explanation! How do you explain to your boyfriend that you'd become a man?! Her bright blue eyes stared back at Mako before she swallowed thickly. Her hands left her mouth and she offered him a shaky grin.

"You uh...remember when I said things only get weirder from here? Weeell..." Korra chuckled nervously, before gesturing downwards to her body. "The cave affected Sokka and me when we entered into it. We had to 'trade' something and...in our case, it traded our genders! We have to reach the end to go back to normal... I guess when I came in here and the fog seemed to turn me back to normal... I kinda figured I was close to the end..." Though as soon as the words left her mouth, Korra's brows suddenly furrowed in thought. "So...why did the fog make it seem like I was normal again...? And why did it go back just now?" Turning away from her gaze, Korra narrowed her eyes to stare into the fog, looking for any sign of changes in it. Were they near a door or something...? Both hands reached out into the fog, fingers gripping and grasping into the air. She was going to get to the bottom of this, mark her words...!

As soon as Naga's thick body collided into the invisible creature, a growl sounded. It seemed to echo around the chamber, reverberating off of the walls and almost enclosing the polar bear dog. She turned to face the sword wielder, teeth bared as she growled. Before her, the sword was still in the air, yet now she could see who was holding it! A wispy looking man, almost like a ghost or a Spirit in appearance. The fur along her back stood straight up as she growled at him again. This thing was bad news, and it was probably what had made her friends so dazed! Naga snapped her jaws at the monstrous figure. The body of it pulsed, becoming easier to see in the process. It cried out and swung the weapon down. Legs primed beneath her body, Naga charged out of the way of the sword, claws skidding across the floor before she made a beeline right for him! Right before she could tackle him, she raised up on her back legs and held both front paws up in the air. Quite large, much like a bear's paw, she reached out and gave him a strike across each side before she pressed down upon his shoulders with her paws. Her snout lingered in front of his nose, allowing the figure a good view of the inside of her mouth. If he wasn't careful, he may get a closer look!

---
    (276/280) - HP
    (30/46) - Stamina

Attacks: Two paw strikes to each side of the figure's head, by Naga. Two one coin/one dice attacks, 2 AP.
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:39 pm

The member 'Korra' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Coin Flip' :

--------------------------------

#2 'Attack/Heal (21-25)' : 3, 14
    Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Post by Universal NPC on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:41 pm

No matter his form, all that Suki cared about was seeing Sokka again. She cared about him more than anything in the world, whether they were in their own world or wherever this place was. As she might have expected, with his far more unexpected change, Sokka was pretty stunned, but as soon as he got a hold of himself, he gave her the full explanation behind what was going on. The Kyoshi Warrior listened intently, nodding where she felt she needed to show her understanding, and still trying to make sense of it all. She could hear the truth in his words, even if they still sounded unbelievable. It was kind of like this world itself… unbelievable, but not bad, and no less real. Sokka, and by effect Korra, had been faced with a challenge that neither had expected. Still… as surreal as it was, something in Suki knew that they could make it through it. Maybe it was the bond she and Sokka shared… maybe it was something else. All that mattered was that it was there.

“Hey…” Suki sighed at Sokka’s apology, just before tentatively reaching out a hand to his shoulder. Yep, this was still the same one she knew, even if he looked a fair bit different now. “You’re okay. Really, don’t worry about it.” As much as she knew he was disheartened right now, and as much as she knew that lighthearted remarks and anything that even treaded on humor were best left to him, she knew that she had to say something else to help snap him out of this before he sank down too low. Forcing a smile and squeezing his shoulder, she exclaimed, “Now you really can be a Kyoshi Warrior, Sokka!”

Suki only let him have that potential worry for a couple of seconds though before she quickly embraced him, noting, “It’s fine! No, Sokka, it’s fine… I know stuff like that’s your thing… but… because it’s your thing, that’s why I felt I had to say it. It was to prove that… you’re okay. You and Korra… you’ll both be okay.”

As she looked to Sokka, barely a few seconds passed before her features blurred, the light fog suddenly rushing through and around her. In a jarring blink, Suki was gone, and Sokka found himself in a slightly better lit room than the one he’d just perceived himself in. This room was not empty, however… Naga and Korra were both here, but so too was an ethereal monster. It was a still a reunion, though!

Both Mako and Bolin understood Korra’s frustration, especially as she expanded on how right now, as thrilled as she was to see them, she wanted to find Naga and Sokka. Apologies were exchanged, understandings were reached, and it seemed that their reunion was right back on track. Sure, the Avatar was still worried for her friend and animal companion, but at least they could be there for her. Just like their own relationships back in Republic City, there had been some bumps and less than great moments, but these three had a bond stronger than anything like that. Strong memories and even stronger ties guaranteed that.

Bolin was glad that his hug helped Korra out, and as the three settled back down, and just in time too, as the Avatar suddenly registered the new change that had overtaken her. Mako kept his own golden gaze locked on Korra’s, trying to see if he could glean anything from her expression save the nerves she was presenting. Thankfully, before either he or Bolin could ask anything about what was going on, she was set to tell them what had caused this. Yeah, it did only get weirder from there… and this was definitely up there! Not the weirdest thing that could have happened, but still something strange. At the very least, she seemed okay though… even if she had wound up stumbling across a new puzzle as she spoke.

“Hey, hey, Korra… it’s fine. I mean, you’re still you! Right? Right.” Bolin nodded strongly as though to prove his point, just before following Korra’s focus with his own. Yeah, this was strange fog, and maybe it had something do with it, but did she see something in it? “Ah… I don’t know why the fog did this, but I know you’ll figure it out!” He had nothing if not massive confidence in her, after all.

“Yeah, Bolin’s right. Korra, whether you’re my teammate, a brother, or anything else… you’re you, and I know you can figure this out. And… no matter where we are, we’ll do our best to help. We… we care about you. And I’ll… I’ll always care for you.” Mako said, reaching for Korra’s shoulder as she tried to peer through the fog. No sooner had he had a chance to smile at her though than did the fog whoosh around him, soon causing this area to grow dark once more. That lasted for a mere second though, as the fog suddenly dissipated again, leaving the pair of brothers nowhere to be seen, but the sight of Sokka across the room, and Naga in the center squaring off against an imposing figure.

As Naga squared off against the Death Sword, her cunning maneuver and brute strength were enough to not only injure it, but also to pull Korra and Sokka from the mental fogs they had been enshrouded in! The monster let out an unearthly growl at the pair of fierce paw swipes, its tangible form allowing it to feel the full pain dealt by each blow. Shaking its head quickly so as to recompose itself, it snarled at the large muzzle in front of it, just before its form went non-corporeal again, giving the polar bear dog nothing to support her paws on. If she wanted to damage it again, she would have to work for it!

Speaking of work, somehow, its own attempt to isolate the Avatar and warrior had stopped working far before it should have. The two teenagers’ memories of their loved ones proved to be stronger than anything could have anticipated, which had in turn served to lessen the effect of the illusion they had been trapped in. From disbelief and trying to simply keep them there, they turned to comfort! They had been able to best it without realizing it… granted, this was mostly due to the expert timing and lucky shots from the polar bear dog, but the Death Sword was not about to let this change in plan thwart it. It had to live up to its name, after all… and that was an easy task to do.

Whipping its head around and unleashing a ghastly roar, the Death Sword lifted its weapon above its head, set to bring it down against whichever one of them was foolish enough to approach it next.

Death Sword
    HP: (???/???)

ATTACKS: None! Readying itself for the next round,

Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:03 pm

The reassuring look in Suki’s dark blue eyes was soon matched in her soothing tone, and all over again, Sokka was relieved that he had got to see her. Even in this dungeon, even with this having happened to him… it was all worth it just for that. He managed the slightest of smiles as she reached out to touch his shoulder, and as she tried to comfort him in the best way she could, he felt a small fraction of the tension held in his body evaporate. He did soon blink and raise his eyebrows as her own smile grew suddenly, just before he tensed all over again at her next remark. She… she wasn’t wrong, but still… that… it was enough to make him freeze. Was he really going to be stuck like this? What would Suki think? … What would Korra think? No… no… this wasn’t going to last… they were going to get out of this cave, stronger than ever or not, and everything was going to be fine. Everything was going to be just fine.

Sokka looked past Suki with wide eyes, just before he blinked again, now finding himself in a tight embrace from her. Another flurry of reassurances acme forth, and sure enough, in spite of his surprise, the warrior could not help but chuff softly, just before a gentle smile reappeared across his features. Yeah… she might not have had the same way with words that he supposedly did, but even so… Suki always knew just what to say… just what to do. Only she could take a potentially stab-worthy joke like that and use it to force a reassurance. The punctuated comfort right there washed away most of the worries that that line had wrought, and although he knew he might dwell on it for a bit, that could not compare to the bond he knew he had with this woman.

Before too long, Sokka moved to hug her back, holding her tight, the same as he had when they had first found each other here. Yeah… yeah… if Suki could make a comment like that, then he really would be okay. Somehow, someway, he would. “I… thank you, Suki… I know you’ll be okay too.” Dear universe did he know she would. He cared for her more than he could articulate, and he knew that after everything back in their own world, nothing thrown out here in this one could change it.

It sure could challenge it, though… as though to prove that, the two teens barely had five seconds to look into each others eyes before the fog started swirling around the room. It rushed around Suki, and… through her?! “SUKI!!” No… NO!! Sokka blinked and reached forward, feeling nothing…. nothing but air. “NO!” Before he could look around for her though, he realized that as the fog cleared, the room he was in was at least partially lit. Dimly lit, but still enough to make out where the walls and floor were. Whipping his head around, Sokka did a double take, his eyes going wide as he tried to process just what was before him. “Korra?! NAGA?!”

Korra was on the other side of the room, still a guy, seemingly thrown for a loop like him, but otherwise okay… or at least she appeared to be. Naga also seemed to be fine, although she was engaged with… with… “WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THAT THING?!”

The hair on the back of Sokka’s neck rose as the ethereal monster, tall and horned, rounded on them, letting out a roar that chilled him to the core. With barely any time to think, he drew his space sword, quickly rushing to flank Naga from behind. He wasn’t going to throw an attack until he could get a better bead on whatever this thing was, but right now, he needed to size it up, and more importantly, check on Korra and Naga. He’d been worried about them, and even though Suki had vanished before his eyes the same way she had appeared, Sokka could tell that this was a far more immediate threat. He didn’t want to think that she was not really here at all, but right now… no matter the case, he had to press on. And first things first: “Hey, Korra, Naga! Are you two all right?” Even as he checked on them, he kept his defensive stance, not about to let a sudden battle throw him for any more disorientation.

——

AP: (41/68)
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:10 pm

Bolin's reassurance definitely did the trick, a light smile growing on her lips as she returned his nod. "Yeah...it's still me. The same ol', Avatar Korra!" Korra's forearms flexed, mimicking the moves Bolin would use in the ring to show off for the fans. Chuckling lightly, she squeezed her bicep experimentally. At least her body was back the way it had been prior, and aside from shifting back to normal...there didn't seem to be any new surprises. "Yanno, boy or girl, my muscles still feel about the same." Bolin's acceptance of this was almost expected. But, Mako...

Despite her flexing for Bolin, she definitely still felt her boyfriend's gaze upon her new body. It made her anxious, blue eyes stealing a glance at golden ones. There didn't seem to be any sense of rejection in them. Mako was confused but...not upset. Not angry! The firebender voiced his thoughts, insisting that Korra was still Korra, and he would always care about her. Perhaps how he cared would change... There was something rather...fragile about what he said. For instance, he used care rather than love... But, she couldn't blame him. Surely it'd be strange for her if Mako were turned into a girl...right? The Avatar told herself this, yet didn't quite feel it. There was no reason to ponder on it though. Glancing over a shoulder, she noticed Mako reaching for her and reached a hand out for him in return.

Before either of them could touch, the fog whisked around them all with a massive force. All light seemed to be extinguished, but before Korra could grab her friends and pull them close, the light had returned. Not as bright as before, and in a new area! The fog had gone...and so had--"Mako, Bolin!" She ran a step or two forward, before stepping back. Her head turned about sharply and wildly, hair billowing around her face as she did. She blew a strand free from her face and huffed. Where were they...?!

“SUKI!! NO!”

In their absence, at least she found her other friends! The sound of Naga's familiar growl sounded around the chamber, and Korra turned at the sound of it and Sokka's voice. A voice that was still feminine, which meant he was still a woman too. Suki... Wasn't that his girlfriend? Shaking her head, her hands clasped around her mouth to better project her voice. "Sokka-!" The Avatar winced, eyeing the creature that Naga seemed to be attacking. "I-I don't know! It looks like something from a nightmare!" Nothing she had ever seen before, and very ghastly. Horrific to behold, really! A lip curled in disgust before her hands curled into fists. As Sokka ran to flank Naga, Korra did the same on the other side. The polar bear dog's tail wagged, and were this not a battle, she'd give them proper greetings. For now, they would have to make do with a few whines intercut between protective growls. She was happy to have them back, and it seemed to be her way of answering Sokka.

"I'm fine! Confused, but...fine! I'll tell you more after we beat up tall, dark and ugly here!" It almost looked to be a corrupted spirit of some kind, there and yet not at the same time. It wielded a sword as a weapon, and Korra was thankful that Sokka had his. Her hand moved through the air, as if pulling on a string. Water floated out of her waterskin and bobbed in front of her in a wriggling mass. "Hngh!" With punching strikes at the water, water shot out of the mass like bullets. Freezing in mid-air, the icicles took aim for the creature's face.

---
    (276/280) - HP
    (26/46) - Stamina

Ice Spear (Damage Enhancer)

--At level 1, the only bending ability Korra still retains is the element of her native heritage, Water. This doesn't make her a slouch though, as she's still a very good waterbender, although her healing abilities are blocked for now. As long as she has her waterskin on her, of there is water around, she is able to waterbend. With this power, Korra can create icicles that she can send out or use as a makeshift sword to injure her opponent.

Specifics: Each attack is 2 die/1 coin, with the AP cost fluctuating based on the current level. There is a 6 die limit, so the maximum amount of attacks that can be done with this power is three.

Level 20–39:
    2 Die / 1 Coins = 02 AP
    4 Die / 2 Coins = 04 AP
    6 Die / 3 Coins = 06 AP

Last edited by Korra on Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar: