Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    410/410  (410/410)
    Stamina Bar:
    74/74  (74/74)

Re: Fight the Leader

Post by Grodus on Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:43 am

Well, the flying X managed to strike its target, though it didn't seem to do much damage to the swordswoman. The retaliating strike managed to nick said X as it made its return trip. Grodus's barrier gained a slight flicker for a moment but then quickly went back to normal.

For not the first time in this short battle so far, the mage wished he wasn't so weak. Otherwise he would have tried one of his lightning spells on Rao next. Unfortunately, he didn't have the strength to cast even the weakest of those spells, so another two blasts of flame would have to do for now.

As he let loose the fire spells, Grodus couldn't help but worry a bit about how tired he seemed to be getting. Ugh, what was wrong with this planet? Normally he could use his powers for a lot longer than this before he started to grow exhausted.

---

HP: 60/60
    DP: 8/10
    AP: 4/11 (-2 for Flame Magic x 2)
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:43 am

The member 'Grodus' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Attack/Heal (1-5)' : 3, 1, 3, 3

--------------------------------

#2 'Coin Flip' :

Ninetails
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 16

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    210/210  (210/210)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Ninetails on Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:31 am

Ahh, luck seemed to change to the her opponent as his fire hit her. Not phased by the fire hitting her, she dusted off her dress of the charred bits and also upon her skin. It stung, of course, but fire was something she had little trouble with. Unlike her opponent, however, she would know why he tired quickly. Because of him keeping quiet, though, she had no reason to explain it. At this point, she wasn't thinking about it. Instead, Rao was thinking of how to take down the shield faster. What could be the problem? Was it her method? Is that why her sword was being useless?

Stroking the chin of the mask for a moment, Rao wondered what else she could do, attack wise. She had another, smaller blade, not on her, though... but she did have prayer slips. Could a shot of two of those be enough to do some damage? If he used magic and some form of technology, then surely her prayer slips would be of more use than her sword? Instead of questioning herself more, Rao slipped her index and middle fingers into her cleavage, taking out two prayer slips betwixt her appendages. Flicking her wrist at high speed, the slips were sent out like ninja stars, aiming to attack the Xs that guarded the bubble.

Luck can only be on your side for so long!

DP: 0/10 (-7 | 25% magic reduction)
    HP: 100/100
    AP: 8/15 (-1 for Prayer Slips)
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:31 am

The member 'Ninetails' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Attack/Heal (1-5)' : 5, 5

#2 'Coin Flip' :
    Grodus
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 37

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    410/410  (410/410)
    Stamina Bar:
    74/74  (74/74)

Post by Grodus on Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:54 am

Well now, that had seemed to do the trick, though again there really hadn't been much damage done. Grodus got ready for whatever Rao would dish out in turn, and was a bit surprised when he saw just where she was reaching.

He supposed those were good for storage, even if they weren't good for much else other than mating plumage. Then again, what did he know; it wasn't like he had anything resembling a sex drive that could be set off by those. What was more important was the stack of papers she pulled out from there, and what happened after the two slips she tossed impacted on his Xs.

Grodus certainly wasn't expecting the slips to more or less explode! He took a step back at that, not entirely sure what to make of it. A quick glance at his sensor logs said the slips had something of a magic charge to them, that made a bit more sense than mere paper randomly going boom.

Considering the flames seemed to be the only thing he managed to hit with so far, Grodus cast them again, hoping for another bit of luck. Hopefully he didn't miss, he was really starting to wane now.

---

DP: 4/10
    AP: 2/11 (-2 for Flame Magic x 2)
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:54 am

The member 'Grodus' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Attack/Heal (1-5)' : 3, 5, 2, 4

#2 'Coin Flip' :

Ninetails
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    210/210  (210/210)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Ninetails on Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:56 am

Well, now that felt a little better! Though one had missed, the other hit, and actually did better than her sword as far as she could tell. Good! She'll use these things for a bit, then! The fire burned her once again, but it wasn't painful enough to let out a small cry, and, though trying to dodge, for the most part, she took the fire head on.

Grodus' expressions were hard to tell due to his lack of an emotive face, but Rao could sense... he was getting tired. As expected. He probably was exhausting himself using the magic he had within him. Normally, she would be happy by this, but she gave it a bit more thought... It was obvious he wasn't very sociable. He probably didn't speak to many people since arriving here. Unlike him, Rao had immediately gone out to search for clues and information, thus bringing together a vast amount of knowledge within a few days.

Rao had no spite for him other than his technological part. "You are wasting your energy, Grodus," she began, grabbing two more slips of prayer sheets, "this world has you limited on your abilities, and how much of them you can do at a time. It is unfortunate, even I must start at the bottom once more. But I tell you this merely out of mutuality. I can tell you are... or were... a figure of some kind of high regard, no?" If the outfit didn't say it, his demeanor did when he sauntered onto the grasslands.

Flicking the prayer slips, Rao continued after seeing whether they hit the target(s) or not. "Resting every so often within a battle is crucial here to restoring some strength. Because I have no qualms against you, I will agree to not attack if you wish to rest for a moment..." in truth, she was getting a little tired herself. Being back on the bottom of the 'ladder' meant she also had to watch herself...

DP: 0/10
    HP: 92/100 (-8)
    AP: 7/15 (-1 for Prayer Slips)
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:56 am

The member 'Ninetails' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Attack/Heal (1-5)' : 4, 2

#2 'Coin Flip' :
    Grodus
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    410/410  (410/410)
    Stamina Bar:
    74/74  (74/74)

Post by Grodus on Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:08 am

Another set of the magically charged slips of paper flew at Grodus's barrier, one sailed well out of range but the other exploded upon the field, taking a bit more energy from his Xs. It would not be long before they failed and he would be taking damage himself, but this was to be expected.

What wasn't exactly expected, was Rao handing out that advice she just had, that it would be a good idea to rest occasionally throughout a battle. Well, he was getting tired rather quickly; she had to be telling at least a partial truth in that case.

It galled him, but he was going to have to stop for a moment, if not right now then shortly after his next attack. Grodus braced the pointed end of his staff against the ground and then leaned on it, hoping that would help. In the meantime he answered Rao's question, given she likely wouldn't attack. "Yes, I am. I have not found any of my minions as of yet, but with the nature of this world, that should only be a matter of time."

To refer to his rule of the X-Nauts in the past tense . . . even with as far as he had fallen, he would never be able to bring himself to do that.

---

DP: 3/10
    AP: 3/11 (+1 for no action)

Ninetails
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    210/210  (210/210)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Ninetails on Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:47 pm

No, she wouldn't attack. As much as she would enjoy winning this fight, she also knew how... unforgiving... this place was. Ugh, she recalled the stupid fight she had with that idiot--no! No... not a good time to be getting angry at past things. She would have some kind of revenge... some kind. But for now, yes, she would abide by her word and not attack. Besides, she wanted to rest a moment as well. Grodus then began to speak of his own minions, and how he would most likely see them again in time... Hm... He sounded confident. Luckily for her, she was able to take her entire island and minions.

"Such time without subordinates can be difficult. Some are lucky, but others are not. It may take a long time for you to find them, but, considering how this place is... it shouldn't be too long..." Sure, competition wasn't wanted, but in truth, who was she to deny someone power? Grodus was by far the most competent of the new bloods. Despite his technological bits, he at least wasn't annoying or idiotic as far as she could tell. In this case, she had no problems with helping or speaking to him as a normal person. Besides, it was always good to have associates here...

"Until then, you and I will have to fight our way back to the top as we were in our own worlds. I am a Demon Lord, you see, and though I have many things at my disposal, I am now, once again, below the threshold of power. It is uncomfortable. Fighting and proving your worth here is how you gain reputation, power and respect." Not to mention it would be very tough. Sometimes, at least. Just remembering how long it took her to be at a decent power... she recalled how wonderful it felt to fling it around, and to stomp out those annoying little pests with a flick of her pa--er--wrist.

HP: 92/100
    AP: 8/15 (+1)
    Grodus
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    410/410  (410/410)
    Stamina Bar:
    74/74  (74/74)

Post by Grodus on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:21 pm

It seemed resting for a bit was a good idea, as Grodus had managed to get Rao to open up somewhat, even if it was the barest of bits. So, some managed to keep their minions with them, others, not so much? This Portal Breach was such a strange world, one would think that if one person kept their minions, then so would everyone else. It didn't seem to work that way, however.

The other more intriguing piece of information was Rao revealing just what sort of being she was. "A Demon Lord, hmm? I would almost think you were a priestess of some sort, judging by your clothing. The only thing that seems slightly off is that great sword you carry . . . I can certainly pick up some sort of dark aura emanating from the blade."

He could handle extending the conversation for a while longer, if that meant regaining a bit more energy.

---

AP: 4/11 (+1 for no action)

Ninetails
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    210/210  (210/210)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Ninetails on Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:30 am

Telling Grodus what she was exactly was no problem. She knew he wasn't one to talk much already, considering she had never seen him before, and the fact that he had only one major scent (other than the inn) among him. He was obviously a quiet and withdrawn kind of leader. Normally, that is fine, but if he wanted to get information and actually be what he was once before, he would need to get out a little more. Even Ninetails had to socialize, much to her chagrin. "Not everyone is as they seem, you will learn soon enough. Some take other forms while others hide great secrets."

Grodus, for example, may be hiding a secret. Most people who come here usually are. Ninetails hid her real form for now until she felt enough power, you see. Everyone had a little hidden bit to them. "If you are wanting your minions, you should probably go searching for them some time. If you had such, it is a good idea to keep them around, even if it is only one or two." Considering Grodus probably hated socializing, it would be a good idea to send out a scout for him to retrieve information--much like her scouts.

"Tell me when you are ready, and we shall continue, Grodus." Rao had knelt down onto the ground and was resting a bit herself while they spoke, her sword in the dirt next to her. She glanced over at it when he had mentioned it gave off a strange aura, and she let out a somewhat sinister, but feminine chuckle. Who was she to say otherwise? The sword was unnatural...

AP: 9/15 (+1)
    Grodus
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    410/410  (410/410)
    Stamina Bar:
    74/74  (74/74)

Post by Grodus on Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:25 am

Yes, Grodus would probably have to widen his search a bit for the X-Nauts, if he truly intended to rise to the power he once possessed. Searching the recreational district of the city had been more or less fruitless, but he had thought he could at least find a handful of his minions there. They didn't really like being out in the wilds unless sent off to do something, so if he did come across any of them, they likely would be within the city's limits. "I have searched a few places since my arrival, but I will have to put more focus into my efforts . . . surely some of them will have made it here, even as lazy as they are."

At the comment about starting again when he was ready, the mage nodded. "I think I will need just a moment longer, then we can continue."

---

AP: 5/11 (+1 for no action)

Ninetails
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    210/210  (210/210)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Ninetails on Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:53 am

Another moment longer, and then they will continue. "Very well."

Rao was still and quiet, not wanting to ask anymore questions as the two rested a tad longer. Her fingers twitched slightly at the stillness of it all, wanting to grasp her sword and take a cheap shot. Normally, she would. But there was a hint of pride and dignity when fighting an opponent, even in a spar. If she really wanted to end it, she'd transform, but no, she wouldn't be doing any of that. There was no need. Best to remain calm and simply wait.

Suddenly standing up, Rao dusted off her knees and dress from the debris of the ground and looked elsewhere. The scenery here was nice, able to see the city far off into the distance. It looked almost like a bunch of blocks, honestly. To the other side, there was a shiny construct far into the distance as well, along with a thickening of woods and some other landmarks, like a fence and large willow tree. For a moment, she gazed at the scenery. Nothing needed to be said.

But now she was ready. Placing a firm hand on the the blade's hilt, she stood there in wait.

AP: 10/15 (+1)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:00 am