Health Bar:
    210/210  (210/210)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

The Scout's Findings

Post by Ninetails on Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:18 am

Time: 02:00
    Date: 1/21/14

The return of the Demon Lord sent many into a frenzy, a frenzy of excitement. The entire brood of Ninetails' were happily setting up on Oni Island, and Tobi, by his command, sent out a few scouts to the world, spreading out and seeking more knowledge of the areas and what has changed. Many things have changed within the world... Ninetails had gone into the Sanctuary just the other day, coming into contact with an old 'friend', the Prince Prixlezub. Though her encounter was unknown to most of the scouts sent out, Tobi contacted a few and told them to keep an eye out for the demon.

While some scouts went to the city, the forests, the mountains, the coast... some had to go to more dangerous and harder areas...

Inside the mountains, caves, swamps...

Icelands.

"I can't feel my toes..."

And the Black Imp walked very slowly through the wind and chill of the Icelands, nearly half frozen and covered within a thick blanket. Despite the thickness, he was still freezing, feet uncovered and anger rising. Why had he gone to this area? An ice-based demon would've been far more suitable, but nooo... he had to be the one to go onwards and show off.

"Ugghh, I can't see a thing!" Most demons could take the cold honestly... but not being familiar with snow and ice for so long, it was hard to readjust. "Who would even live out here??" Arctic hares? Penguins? Polar bears?...

Oh wait, bears. That would be bad. The Imp was one of the strongest of his kind, but in his condition, a bear would be able to take him down with ease. The thought would need to be put behind him, though, as he kept moving forward. A small cave of sorts, not going too deep inside a small mountain side, appeared before the imp, and he took the change to get out of the wind and build a fire. Within a few minutes, he felt comfortable--to some degree--and if something was out, say... hunting... they would sure see the fire.

But hopefully, not a polar bear.
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 46

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Re: The Scout's Findings

Post by Prixlezub on Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:13 am

Indeed, what manner of man or beast would dare to live out in the frozen wastes? Out in the icy darkness each snow dune seemed to mimic the other, and above the stars were too plenty for an inexperienced navigator to travel by. However, it would seem that the worse may be ahead for the black imp, as further ahead the winds brought forth dark clouds. Every now and then an arc of electricity would rip between the swirling masses, followed by a distant rumble of thunder.

With the steady gusts brought another smell, a fresh stench of burning flesh and fur. Briefly the imp would notice it pass his freezing nose before becoming lost upon the wind.

Further beyond the snowy hills, their originator stood confidently, a flicker of gold flame slithering out from between jagged teeth to swipe away the last drops of sizzling blood from his lips. A good hunt, the kill had been clean, his prey had not a single chance to swipe its paws or bellow at their attacker. And with it had traveled three more smaller morsels to dine on as well. However, such a meal was but an appetizer to a beast such as he, and already his grill was to the air to search for more.

At least, until he heard a voice upon the winds. Not a whisper or howl brought on by the coming storm, no, this sounded to exasperated. The winds changed, his fiery mane crackling past tined, metallic horns at its suddenness. What fool travels this far into the dread wastes? His thoughts shifted between a lost traveler or perhaps a wayward adventurer... Although something more sinister lingered in the back of his mind. As if a switch had been flipped, the demon's form quickly and silently faded into nothing, not even the scent of his presence or the marks of his feet displayed in the snow.

As the demon tracked this new scent and sound upon the wind, it became clear there was indeed only one that wandered the snow drifts. A scent of smoke traveled far upon the wind, but only the light scent of one creature lingered with it. While far off, the prince's swift gait made up the long miles between himself and his curiosity, beneath his shroud claws and hooves raced without disturbing the tundra save for a plume of frost here and there. Although with the wind picking up it could simply be blamed on the storm's antics. All the better for keeping the element of surprise should this mysterious traveler to the icelands have a more malicious intent. As he drew nearer, it appeared his newcomer was not so new as he had thought. They took shelter in a cave, taking refuge from the snow and biting wind next to a fire. He slowed to a stop a good distance away, where they were still clear in his vision but far enough off that anything unplanned would not disturb him.

Furred limbs, a drum, foreign lettering painted upon a black mask...

This was one of the Demon Lord's servants.

A slightly amused puzzlement washed over the demon's mind for but a few moments. Usually they were creatures that stayed to the palace, as he had witnessed long ago, only venturing out at their master's call. What command drove this being to the frozen north? Surely if it were lost it would have turned back long before venturing this deep into the tundra. No, it had another purpose, despite its loud lamenting. After all, Ninetails had mentioned a desire to know what she had come back to after so long, perhaps this one was a scout.

Slowly and carefully padding about, allowing the rising wind and dense snowfall to hide any disturbing of the tundra until he drew close to the cave mouth. His guise falling from his form, a swath of brilliant red and flickering flame burned just outside the cave. Immediately there was a loud hiss of steam as the prince's natural heat was released fully, nearly shrouding himself in a searing hot mist. The prince's mane glowed far hotter than any twinkling star above, illuminating the snow around him in a hellish red.

"Greetings, herald." The prince rumbled respectfully, his voice drowning out the thin shriek of steam. Prixlezub's burning gaze cast a similar hellish glow upon the Demon Lord's servant. "What commands of her lordship bring you to the center of the frozen wastes? All that lingers out here are beasts and ice."

Along with a few other things, but they would be mentioned when necessary.

Ninetails
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 16

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    210/210  (210/210)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Ninetails on Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:32 am

The ground shook, the darkness came forth, the imp knew something approached. It had been too long, it was not certain whether or not if it was the Prince or some other creature--something far unfriendlier, and something possibly hungry. The scent of death began to linger into the winds before being swept away by the snow and cold, covered as quickly as it came. Yes, something was indeed hunting, and the imp wasn't sure if it wanted to move and see. No, it sat there and would await to see what manner of creature would come forth--it would be foolish to go headfirst into the snow and wind. A beautiful display of idiocy--and Ninetails would be irritated knowing one of her own were stupid enough to get themselves killed.

No, he could hear the paws crunch within the snow--it was a mighty beast. But there was a light... a fiery light. There appeared to be a beacon of fire, but the imp didn't move. He was merely watching and waiting for whatever the creature or person's fire would do. And lo, it was the Prince he had sought, though unintentionally in this case. Surprised by the appearance, the Imp stood up, but hid his body within a thick blanket to hide the shivering in the presence of someone higher in authority. Ninetails saw the Prince in high regard; her minions would do the same.

"Prince Prixlezub," the imp bowed in respect and shuffled ever so slowly closer, mainly because of the heat the demon gave off. "Not by her commands, scouts have been sent to every part of the Breach in search of information needed to... 'catch up' on the events, and to see what has changed. Some were sent here, but we split to different directions. Unfortunately, it has been a very long time for me since I last saw snow..." he gave a mighty frown and sneered slightly. "It is fortunate that I have found you, though. My Lord would enjoy knowing at least the area you oft saunter in for future reference."

It was still a surprise to see him in snow, however. It was truly the last place they would think of looking, along with the coastline and the ocean itself. "If I have come to your territory unannounced, I and my scouts may leave promptly by your command, and of course, we shall not speak of this openly. We know that a lair is best kept hidden from prying eyes and ears. But, before I do, I must ask--" he paused and shifted the drum he had next to him with his feet, pushing it up and sitting on it as he enjoyed the heat from Prixlezub, "--I will need to know if you would care to take Ninetails about and speak with her of events. Though scouting is a source of information, it's limited, and she had mentioned to Tobi of running in to you, and mentioning such an outing."

This would be beneficial not only to Ninetails, but this imp! Coming back with great success in finding out about the icelands and finding Prixlezub; why, he'd most likely get more power, and a higher rank! Though this he kept to himself, and with little smirks here and there being the only hints of something of glee hiding within him.
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:34 pm

As the prince had thought, the imp was indeed a scout sent to survey the icelands. He watched as it bowed and came closer to the rising steam, possibly in favor of the demon's heat instead of the small fire. The demon lord was correct to assume that many things had changed since her previous time on this continent, and it appeared there was more than one of these imps scouring the north for anything new. "I see. Your master is wise to have you seek out changed in the land." He replied evenly. "This tundra is one of many places I hunt, as this entire continent, the desert, mountains, forests and plains alike are my hunting grounds. However, I do not claim them for my own."

At least for now.

However, if the Imp worried that they had intruded upon his territory, he would find himself mistaken. "Do not fret, you will find nothing of mine in these parts of the Tundra." He reassured calmly. "However, if your scouts smell sulfur and ash upon the air, it would be wise they turn back the way they came." A lava field was no place for a wayward scout, demonic or not. Especially give the very active and treacherous volcanoes that constantly spewed ash and fire into the sky.

However, it appeared the scout was in need of some assistance himself. The prince observed as the imp shifted his drum to sit more comfortably, soon after mentioning that it would be helpful to their cause if the Demon Lord had spoken with him. "Ah yes, I had mentioned a meeting with her in the future. I would be honored to speak with your Lord and aid in her search for information." Prixlezub replied evenly. However, there was still a matter of where they would meet... Ah, he knew a good place for them to speak without worry about interruptions or unexpected events. "Tell Ninetails to meet with me in the city. There is a place called Central Park that will suit our needs if she does not already have a location in mind already. If I may, I would prefer to meet with her on the afternoon of this day." He requested respectfully.

Ninetails
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    210/210  (210/210)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Ninetails on Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:33 am

The imp listened carefully as Prixlezub spoke, taking his words in as he also absorbed the heat the demon was emitting. "I see..." so it would be wise for him to alert the others that came around here to retreat--there was nothing here for them to explore. "After this, I will be sure to teleport to them and retreat my group. We will mark this area off our scouting lists if there is nothing else here..." though, in truth, he may keep one scout around here.

And he appeared to have agreed to meeting with the Demon Lord. This would be pleasing news, "good! I will be sure to tell her this. She will enjoy walking the streets once more with a familiar beside her. The time we have been gone has not been kind to us..." a slight shiver was obvious as he gritted his teeth. But never speaking of the incidents, he changed the subject swiftly. "I apologize for my short presence here, Prince, but I will be leaving then with such news and taking my scouting team with me. Is there anything else I can assist you with in any way?"
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:57 pm

Very good, the imp understood the demon prince's advice. The less of Ninetails' scouts ended up as casualties on the prince's doorstep, the better. Prixlezub gave a slight inclination of his head as the scout finished his statement, more than pleased with his conclusion. However, it would be silly to think that all of them would indeed be gone from the icleands for good, even Demon Lords enjoyed keeping an eye on all corners of the map.

Now then, as for the meeting... It appeared the scout had no qualms with this arrangement, though Ninetails' own decision on the matter would still need to be seen. However, it appeared the imp felt it would do the Demon Lord some good to walk about with someone she knew. "I would not be surprised, it sounded like you and your Lord had traveled far upon your island. To stretch her legs after such a long time on the seas would be most healthy." Especially after what incidents the scout had insinuated. Regardless, the prince knew better than to question him further on the subject. Already he knew of alternate gammas that existed, ones that were more chaotic and destructive then the usually fair-balanced Gamma X.

Emphasis on usually.

Finally the Imp came to bid his farewell, along with a polite inquiry of whether or not they could prove to be of assistance. For a moment the prince pondered his offer, tail swaying slowly behind him before he replied. "Your presence is welcome all the same, scout. However, I believe you have done plenty already in agreeing to send my message to her Lordship." The demon's tone was respectful, content with the scout's statement. "Thank you and have a safe journey home."

If he spent anymore time out here, the prince would not be surprised if the imp and some of his party would be frozen before they got down to the mountains.

Ninetails
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    210/210  (210/210)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Ninetails on Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:54 am

Such a polite demon! But it was always sort of common knowledge that most demons always hid a stronger, angrier side. It would be a glorious day to see the Prince release his rage once more on some poor sap, so long as it wasn't the imp himself. And with nothing else to do or to be of service, the imp bowed with his hands together, "right then. I will send the message along swiftly to my Lord and she'll surely meet you at the location you have stated." The imp was about to remove his thick blanket-cloak, but feeling a cold chill, he kept it wrapped around him, much like a burrito.

"Ahh, give me a moment--the cold isn't something I'm used to. It's been a while..." he hoped none of his other scouts had fallen prey to the bitter cold or an arctic bear. They were weaker at the moment, and caught off guard easily now. It'd be amusing to see one carted back stuck within a block of ice--but Ninetails would be more angry than amused. "Very well then. I'm off. Sayonara, Prixlezub." And with that, he disappeared in a cloud of smoke, appearing near a group of lesser imps of a red coloration. A snap of his fingers and they all looked at him.

"Anyone dead?" "No, but I think I've lost feelings in my toes..." "My thumb froze off and broke! I can't find it!"

Sigh...

"Shut up and get out of here--we've got a message to relay to the Lord! And forget about the thumb, you don't need it..." The others nodded while the thumbless one gave a sad head nod, and all disappeared. "I'll have to send a winter-familiar scout out here next time..." the imp thought aloud as he then poofed in a cloud of smoke. Back to the isle to relay the news.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:24 pm