Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: A Chance Encounter of Two Warriors

Post by Impa on Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:24 am

The first needle just barely missed its mark, grazing the top of the second Grizzo's fur, but the other four landed right between its two stripes. The quartet of throwing needles not only caught their target right where Impa wanted them to, they had felled the beast, as a moment and poof of air later (not entirely unlike many of the monsters from Hyrule, actually), it disappeared. She saw just enough to confirm her success before she whipped around to unleash the final needle for the first Grizzo.

The Sheikah's aim proved true once more as she caught the other bear with the sixth needle. It was not down quite yet, but he had still sustained respectable damage, and it was going to be a lot trickier for him to combat two warriors. Impa smirked the slightest bit as she returned Meta Knight's grateful nod with a quick one of her own, right before she watched his next attack unfold.

The masked warrior connected with both sword strikes as well as his hilt bash, but unfortunately, his luck was shared with the remaining Grizzo. Switching up his targets, the bear made a swipe for Impa's leg, once more damaging the armor of her boots. The Sage grit her teeth a bit at the force of the attack, but otherwise remained balanced. Before the beast found charge too far past her though, she quickly unsheathed her Sheikah Blade and swung it at his back, hoping to get at least one good strike in before it circled back around.

----

[Attacking Grizzo 1]

HP: (650/650)
    Sheikah Armor: (14/65)
    AP: (93/120)
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:24 am

The member 'Impa' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Coin Flip' :

--------------------------------

#2 'Attack/Heal (56-60)' : 33, 1, 21
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 22

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:05 pm

Sir Meta Knight gave a slight grin beneath his mask as all three of his attacks connected. Good. Though, honestly, it was to be expected when the beast was distracted by its companion's defeat. However, he was surprised to find that it had changed targets, going after Impa and striking her in the leg.

"I am your target!" he called, brandishing Galaxia at the Grizzo.

Impa was first to attack, however, and what an attack it was! The Grizzo was severely weakened, and it wouldn't take much more to take it down. One or two more strikes should do it.

Rushing at the bear, Meta Knight swung twice, hoping to finally take it down.

---

[Attacking Grizzo 1 with Galaxia Strike x 2 (2d/1c) - 2 AP]

HP: 87/110
    AP: 7/16
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:05 pm

The member 'Sir Meta Knight' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Coin Flip' :

--------------------------------

#2 'Attack/Heal (6-10)' : 1, 4, 3, 9
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:41 am

The Sheikah was unsurprised at Sir Meta Knight's call to the Grizzo as the beast moved to charge her instead, but she certainly appreciated the sentiment nonetheless. Their own stance in battle to not let a foe try to change up targets like that seemed to be something else they both shared, and even beyond this battle, she was already looking forward to taking on other enemies with the Dreamlander.

Impa's own strikes against the Grizzo's back matched the small bear's aim, landing him in a critical state. It would not be long now…

Sure enough, not only did Meta Knight get to rush in to attack the remaining bear, his second strike felled it as soon as it connected. The Grizzo growled as it slumped forward, disappearing in a white puff of smoke with an accented *POP!*, thus leaving the grasslands clear once more.

Smiling a bit in spite of herself, Impa moved to clean her Sheikah Blade before resheathing it. With a nod to her companion, she noted, "Well fought, Sir Meta Knight. It would seem that Green Greens has some interesting fauna."

In the wake of this battle, Impa could not help but think back to the first time she had encountered a monster from Hyrule on the Breach. It had been surreal to have something so familiar show up in a new world, but even though it had been a monster, at the same time, it had almost been a welcome sight and even something of a relief. The fact that she had been greatly weakened at the time had been a source of frustration for her, but even so, it had also served to help her better come to terms with the fact that she was to remain in this world. She had already accepted that fact long before that first familiar battle, but even so… that had been but one more piece to ease her mind… and hopefully, this fight would prove to be a similar piece to help Meta Knight.

----

AP: (94/120)
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:50 pm

Sir Meta Knight once again found himself giving a confident grin when his strike finally brought down the Grizzo, which fell forward and disappeared with a pop. That was a bit more challenging than he had expected a fight with Grizzos to be, but then, he was weakened here.

At Impa's comment, he nodded in agreement, sheathing Galaxia. "Indeed. It..." He faltered, suddenly realizing that this was not Green Greens, nor Dreamland, nor even Popstar, and the Grizzos should not have even been here in the first place. "...It does," he finished, absently nodding again.

In a way, it was good to see animals native to Dreamland again. It was like the times when he'd gone to other places on Popstar, or other planets, before finally returning home again--the local flora and fauna were always a welcome sight.

But this was strange. This was finding familiar fauna in an alien world--comforting and unnerving at the same time.

"...It looks as though I was not the only one from my world to find a portal to this place," he said at last.

---

AP: 8/16
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:14 pm

Impa did not fail to catch Sir Meta Knight's slight fumble in his statement. She had a strong feeling that at least part of it was due to his own remembering that he was not back in his homeworld, as even though the sight of the Grizzos was likely a strangely welcome familiarity, it was also newfound proof that he was not the only one from his homeworld that had been pulled here. Be that as it was, this piece had fallen into place for him, and she sincerely hoped that the others would prove more peaceful than painful.

Returning Meta Knight's nod with another of her own, Impa looked out across the rolling hills of the grasslands in the direction that the small bears had first appeared from. Perhaps there were more enemies from Popstar out there… and if there were any, whether they might run into them or not today, it was certainly an intriguing possibility.

Glancing back to her companion as he spoke again, Impa let a beat of silence pass before stating, "Indeed it does. That's not uncommon, though. I've found many a creature from Hyrule in my time here… even some from points in time far before and well after my own."

----

AP: (95/120)
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:49 pm

"Points in time... before and after?" the knight repeated, blinking. Thinking about it a bit more, he supposed that would make sense--if these portals could transport creatures across space, then it was not such a stretch to imagine that they could move beings from different times as well. "I see."

He thought about this a bit more, and gave a faint shudder as some of the implications hit him--that would mean that if more beings from his world were to appear, ones that had long since been gone from his time would also have the chance of returning--beings such as Nightmare, or Marx, or... Galacta Knight. And then if those beings should return to his own world...

...provided he found a way back in the first place...

Meta Knight blinked again, snapping out of his thoughts. What was he thinking? Of course he would find a way back. And when he did, and of any wicked beings found a way back to Dreamland with him, he would simply challenge them again and defend Dreamland as he always had. He... he had not truly found any reason to believe that his world had been destroyed. Those Grizzos from before--they had simply found a portal to this world as he had. That was all. That was certainly all.

"Let us keep moving," he said, morphing his cape back into wings and taking flight once more. As he flew, he looked back at Impa. "What sort of creatures from your world have you found here?"

---

AP: 9/16
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:16 pm

Impa nodded to Sir Meta Knight as he echoed her words, and only after he seemed to have mulled it over and sorted out more of what all that meant did she say, "It can be a little perplexing when you think about it at first, but considering the way that individuals are pulled here from different places, being pulled here from different times makes just as much sense. Actually, even though Link and I are both from the same world, he is from a distant future of Hyrule. By the same token, Sheik and our friend the younger Link are from the same time as me. Even then though, Sheik is from an alternate version of the same point in time I was taken from."

The Sheikah paused to let that additional information about the time stream sink in for her companion. Time itself could be very complex, but with some basic logic and a little knowledge of the dimension itself, it was not too hard to puzzle out.

"Of course," agreed Impa, nodding once more to Sir Meta Knight as he moved to fly once more. At his next question, she stated, "Various kinds really, from smaller ones up to large monsters. I have encountered Bokoblins and Moblins, both of which are goblin-like creatures; Peahats which are strange, flying plants, armored skeletons known as Stalfos, bat-like Keese, shark-like Gyorgs, Lizalfos, the infernal dinosaur King Dodongo, and even a Phantom Shadow Beast I had defeated and sealed back home… Bongo Bongo."

----

AP: (96/120)
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:47 pm

Sir Meta Knight did take a moment to process what Impa was saying, keeping silent as he flew. He could understand that one of the Links was from the future. But Sheik being from an "alternate version" of the same time Impa was from... That took a moment for him to piece together. "It certainly sounds complicated," he said at last, shaking his head. "I believe I understand, though."

He listened as she listed off the different creatures she had come across here, nodding after each one. He hadn't seen the creatures she mentioned, but he tried to picture them as she described them. He knew of Gobblins, which were plant-like creatures with chomping jaws, but he wasn't sure if the things Impa mentioned were quite the same. Flying plants he could get, skeletons, bats, sharks... "Lizalfols" he wasn't so sure on, but he knew of dinosaurs, at least. At the mention of a "Phantom Shadow Beast," however, he looked back at the warrior. The name brought to mind the many wicked creatures that he had fought in his own world.

"So a being that you had defeated before in your home world... you had to defeat again here?"

---

AP: 10/16
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:47 pm

Smiling a bit as Sir Meta Knight seemed to have figured out the idea of there being two alternate versions of the same point in time, Impa nodded at both his assessment and note that he understood. "It is at first glance, but it does make a lot of sense after looking at it for a while. Time has an interesting way of moving, after all… it is much like a river." That much stood regardless of the Master Sword having been pulled or returned to the Pedestal of Time depending on which point in time was being referred to. "One of my charges actually had to control the flow of time itself in a quest of his back home. Between that and the role of time in helping to save Hyrule both then and in the past, I have become rather used to some of the nature of that dimension."

Time could be a tricky concept at first, especially when one thought of it as a single route, but once other angles and such were presented, one could see that it was much, much more than that.

As Meta Knight asked about Bongo Bongo, Impa nodded firmly, stating, "Yes. I had sealed him inside the well back in my home village… at one point in the future though, an evil power strengthened him and he fled to the nearby temple to try and take hold there. I pursued him to take care of him again, and he was defeated in that time by the younger Link, but as for his incarnation here… I believe he was brought here from a point shortly before he was felled by his blade."

----

AP: (97/120)
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:03 pm

"Control of time?" Sir Meta Knight repeated. "That is... quite impressive. I am not aware of anyone from my world with such an ability. It must be quite useful." Especially if he were to use it against a certain pink puffball... Simply going back in time to prevent Kirby's mistakes rather than having to correct them after they were made would be very nice.

"I'm afraid we don't know much about the control of time on Popstar, but we have learned of alternate dimensions. There is a world that mirrors Dreamland--the Mirror World. It gave me some trouble in the past, though." And he left it at that, as the memory of falling to a dark version of himself flashed through his mind.

He listened as Impa explained what had happened with the shadow phantom beast. "I hope no such thing would happen with any wicked beings from Dreamland--their coming here, I mean. I would wish monsters like Magolor and Nightmare on no one."

---

AP: 11/16
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:29 pm

Impa nodded to Sir Meta Knight as he echoed her words, right before she noted, "It is an ability that requires even more responsibility than it does skill. The magic is linked more to certain instruments and knowing particular songs for them than a particular person who can cast the spell, but for those that know it, myself included, it can indeed be quite useful." Whether it was with the Ocarina of Time or the Wind Waker, knowing how the flow of time worked and being able to properly utilize it was a very important key that all three of her charges had used many a time between themselves.

"I see… whilst I'm sorry that gave you trouble, I have to admit that such an alternate dimension sounds rather interesting." In her time on the Breach, especially after learning about Aicara's time set in the future of Hyrule, Impa had learned of a Dark World that supposedly existed in some of Hyurle's futures, so say nothing of the Twilight Realm itself. The existence of such places made sense to her, but even so, she always hoped for such worlds to coexist in a balanced way.

"Of course… although I had met Bongo Bongo before and fought or sealed him successfully each time, I fully understand what you mean," stated Impa. In a strange way, it was rather interesting and even a little neat to be encounter familiar foes here, but far more than that, she knew that those were monsters that could not be given the chance to inflict their evil in this new world. "I just hope that Dreamland was kept safe from encounters with their ilk."

----

AP: (98/120)
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:55 pm

Sir Meta Knight cocked an eyebrow beneath his mask. "It is controlled by musical instruments?" he repeated, giving her an interested glance. "It seems as though it would be easy for such power to fall into the wrong hands." Not that such a thing was unheard of in Dreamland... There were many artifacts the knight knew of that could be--and had been--used for malicious purposes. "I take it they are well-protected?"

At her comment about the alternate dimension, he faced forward, his eyes narrowing slightly. "'Interesting,' yes, but not entirely safe. I sincerely hope the beings that were dealt with there will stay dealt with." He had no desire to ever see Dark Meta Knight again.

Impa wrote:"Of course… although I had met Bongo Bongo before and fought or sealed him successfully each time, I fully understand what you mean. I just hope that Dreamland was kept safe from encounters with their ilk."

He relaxed a little at the statement. "Yes, it was. I had a hand in defeating both Nightmare and Magolor, as well as many other evils Dreamland has faced. And..." He hesitated, only for a brief second. "I hope I will continue to defend my home from such wicked beings."

---

AP: 12/16

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:56 pm