Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Re: A Chance Encounter of Two Warriors

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:09 pm

Sir Meta Knight was relieved to hear that Impa had accepted his apology, and that was enough to drive away any shame he may have felt for his earlier stubbornness. But his sorrow was not so easily driven away; still it clung to him, like the numbness that had taken his wings. "The first step," he repeated; his voice had gone much quieter from his overwhelming emotions and the exhaustion that was tugging at him. "The first step of a very long road." It was not a complaint--it was a fact.

Part of him, he knew, would never stop missing Dreamland. But then even Impa, as she said, still missed Hyrule. Surely most people here missed their former homes--they would have had to come from a truly terrible world not to. As she mentioned finding Sheik and the Links, though, he wondered... They had seen some of its fauna here, and, of course, Nightmare, and the fountain they still stood by. Perhaps...

"Dreamland will live on through me... and through the existence of the Fountain of Dreams here. But... I hope to someday see someone else... someone else from my world, again."

His body expanded and deflated in a sigh.

"...Impa, I joined you to help you find a cure. Perhaps you should ask...?" His gaze turned back toward the fountain, where the Star Rod still stood sparkling above.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:57 pm

Whilst Sir Meta Knight's sorrow was bound to linger for some time to come, at the very least, his own regret for some of his early actions appeared to have been tempered. As he repeated some of her words regarding this day being the first step in his chance to move forward, she gave him a steady nod. "A long road it might be, but at least you are on it. The journey might be yours and yours alone to make, but that does not mean you are by yourself. I can assure you that myself and any of the other companions you might have met here thus far will be more than happy to lend you any assistance should you ever desire it." Pausing for a moment, she soon added, "You have all the strength and drive to travel that road; I have seen that much today. And whilst we are not from Dreamland, we will still be set to do what we can for you."

Impa could only think of one person off the top of her head who might not miss their homeworld, but all the same, it was still a massive change to arrive in the Breach from any world. Even worlds with similar technology were different from this one, but as they all came together across the multiverses, they were able to build a world of their own. They fell into the new life here, but they were all still able to hold onto their own cultures and ways, thus making this world even richer than ever. It was not an original home, but it could certainly be a secondary one.

As Meta Knight affirmed his own belief that Dreamland would live on through him as well as any pieces of it that found their way here, Impa could not help but smile ever so slightly. She fully understood and appreciated his wish to see someone else from his own world again, and that stood regardless of her own reunions and meetings with others from Hyrule. She had been incredibly lucky to not only meet with people from Hyrule but had in fact reunited with two of the people she knew best. Both Zelda and Link had helped make this world a new home for her, and being able to meet the future Link from across their two points in time had only been another distinct positive here. The Breach was no more Hyrule than it was Dreamland, but from those that found their way here as well as locations that were pulled as well, it could continue to carry on for them.

"That it will, and I hope you are able to see someone else from Dreamland as well," stated Impa. "This is a large world and many of us have come here from the same world, so it is entirely possible. Just be sure to expect the unexpected, and you might very well find a fellow Dreamlander someday."

At Meta Knight's sigh and subsequent statement, Impa raised her eyebrows slightly before following her comrade's gaze. Admittedly, the idea of even considering the fountain's powers had flickered across her mind once they had entered the chamber that held the Fountain of Dreams, but regardless of Nightmare's sudden appearance, she had not spent much time pondering it. Still, whether she went ahead with such a wish or not, her curiosity was certainly piqued. "Perhaps… if I do, how might I go about asking?"
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 22

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:21 am

"And I thank you for that," Sir Meta Knight replied, lowering his head. When he had been at his lowest points back in Dreamland, his knights and Sailor Dee had always been there for him, but here, where he was the lone Dreamlander in this place... he was glad to have company of some sort. It was easier to bear a burden when others were there to help.

When Impa noted that he may eventually find another Dreamlander, he nodded slowly. He would have very much loved to see one of his crew again, but anyone from Popstar would be a welcome sight, provided they were not one of the nightmares that occasionally terrorized the place. "Yes, someday..."

At her question regarding the fountain, he stared up at the Star Rod. "You must state your request in the form of a wish. Perhaps you may wish for the Star Rod to grant you the cure you seek... It does not always answer wishes, but it is worth a try."

He looked back at Impa out of the corner of his visor as a thought struck him. "If it works... we will have succeeded in both of our quests." If his discovery that it was impossible to return home was considered a "success," anyway.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:57 pm

Impa smiled softly at Sir Meta Knight's thanks. The two might have been newer comrades, and even newer friends, but they were comrades all the same. Regardless of her guardian nature, Impa always stood by those that she considered allies. She and her three charges were particularly loyal, and since they had already managed to meet the masked warrior new into his arrival, they had started to form a kinship before they even realized it, much less before he learned that they had been correct about the fate of Dreamland. They might not have been his knights back home, but they were something, and they would be there to support him all the same.

As Meta Knight nodded at her idea that he might find someone else from his world before too long, she simply returned the action. Someday indeed… it could happen, and with the way that the Breach worked, it felt far more likely than not in this case.

Following Meta Knight's gaze towards the Star Rod, Impa listened carefully at his instructions around studying the magical object before them. It was most definitely a very interesting item, and even in such a serene setting, its power was clearly evident. She fully understood that even if she wished for something to help lift the curses from her and her three charges, that there was a chance it might not work, but her friend was right… it was most certainly worth a try.

Smiling a touch more as she glanced to Meta Knight, Impa nodded to him. "That we will have. Whether it produces a cure, helps lead to one, or does nothing, it is worth asking. … Thank you."

At that, Impa shifted her full attention back to the Star Rod, just before stating, "I wish for assistance in lifting the curses that have befallen Link, Link, Sheik, and myself."

With her wish stated, Impa continued to watch the Star Rod atop the fountain for several seconds, just before it cast a blindingly bright flash across the cavern. The Sheikah herself had not been hit by any magical blasts, and as far as she could tell, the curse had not been lifted from herself, but floating before her was the jagged half of a golden medallion, not entirely unlike the Kinstones of old that they still found in some pastries from a certain bakery. It was a gold piece though, and if Impa was not mistaken, it was not a cure, but… "Well, it appears that my wish was not able to be granted out right, but this might just be one piece that leads to a cure for my charges and myself."
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:35 am

Sir Meta Knight nodded, remaining silent as Impa approached the Star Rod, and hoped that the sacred object would be able to provide some assistance. He'd known more than a few Dreamlanders who had made the trek to the Fountain of Dreams, only to return disappointed. Though he did wonder just how many of them had had selfish intentions in their hearts, he knew his fellow warrior's request was not a selfish desire.

Once the request was made, he felt his body tense a little--anything could happen at this place, and he had to be prepared--and immediately drew his cape over his eyes at the flash of bright light. Had it--?!

When the light faded and Impa spoke, Meta Knight looked up again to see what looked like a broken medallion hovering in front of his companion. In spite of how awful he felt, he still felt the draw of curiosity toward the strange object. "What is it...?"
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:02 pm

Whilst Impa had not been freed of her curse, much less did she feel that any of her charges had been cured of theirs, she was far from disappointed. From the day’s search in general to the new Kinstone she now held in her hand, she knew very well that the day’s efforts had been excellent, and that stood regardless of the comrade that she had gained along the way. As far as searching for clues to a cure went, she had covered lots of ground and many bases, and now she held what was very likely the first piece that could help lead to the cure they all sought. There was a chance that it would not, but something about it felt as though it would… and that was not just because of the wish she had just made.

Based on its shape, as with all other Kinstones, she was fairly certain that she would only need one more piece to fuse with it, but even so, she did hope that whatever this Kinstone eventually led to would help out each of her charges and herself.

At Sir Meta Knight’s question, Impa held out the golden medallion shard before stating, “This is a Kinstone… it is a special artifact from the past in my world. This is one half of a complete medallion… when I find its matching half, noted by the notches on the side here, I will be able to fuse them. Whenever Kinstones are fused, they disappear, but in exchange, something special happens. The fusion can open new paths, make treasure chests appear, or even cause other events to unfold. In the case of this one… it is entirely likely that it can lead the way to the cure that my charges and I seek. I will just need to find the other half… and then we should be set on the right path.”
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:58 pm

Sir Meta Knight listened to Impa's explanation of the broken medallion she held, and he nodded, humming in thought. "So the fountain was able to help you," he murmured, feeling some amount of relief at the fact. That was one good thing to come from this terrible situation, even though his fellow warrior had not found a complete cure for her curse. "I am glad for that..." As glad as he could be in his current state, anyway.

He heaved a tired sigh, his body expanding and deflating with the action. His wings twitched a little, but still did not lift off the ground. He felt exhausted, both emotionally and physically. Everything that had happened during this adventure had taken a lot out of him, and he found himself yearning to return to the inn--his home now, he supposed--and think things over.

Still, he couldn't just leave this situation as it was. Impa had not yet found her cure, and as horrible as he felt, he was not one to abandon a quest.

"Do you suppose the other piece would be nearby?" he asked, looking around the cavern.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:02 pm

”Indeed it was,” stated Impa, nodding to Sir Meta Knight at his remark. The fountain might not have granted the Sheikah the cure that she sought for her charges and herself, but at the very least, it had given her the first true lead towards that goal. A Kinstone shard was useless without its other half, at least as far as activating anything went, but in this case, it was actually very helpful. It gave her a possible direction, and an easier search to hold onto around anything else she might find.

Smiling softly at her fellow warrior’s kind words, Impa could feel the sincere feeling behind them. He was most assuredly still contending with the aftereffects of the truth he had finally been forced to confront and accept, and that much stood regardless of the harrowing battle they had emerged from. Still, his sentiments were greatly appreciated, and she was pleased that he was able to feel as much as he did even in his current state.

At Meta Knight’s question, Impa glanced about the cavern, noting, ”I do not think so. Most Kinstone pieces are rarely in the same vicinity as their matches, and that is especially true for a rare gold piece such as this.” It was a good thought though, but when neither of their searching gazes picked anything up, she was certain that she would still have a ways to go before finding the other half of this medallion. ”No, I believe that this is all the cavern itself holds for me… unless if there is anything you need or seek in here.” That went as far as the Fountain as well as the entire surrounding area was concerned. Impa was set to head back to the city whenever her companion was, and although they were both rather tired by now, she was not in any rush.
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:29 pm

So the other half wouldn't be anywhere nearby? Sir Meta Knight nearly swayed where he stood--he wanted deeply to help Impa find the other half of that medallion so that she could break her curse, but the thought of traveling much more made him feel that much weaker. This feeling did not manifest outwardly, however--aside from his wings drooping even further, but that could have just been a shift in the way he stood.

But exhausted as he was, Meta Knight was a proud knight of Dreamland. He did not abandon quests unless there was truly no point in continuing--and that was not the case here.

"No," he admitted, "I do not believe this cavern holds anything else for me." His gaze returned to the fountain. "What it has shown me... has been more than enough."

Steeling himself, he turned back to his companion. "If you wish... I will continue to accompany you on your search for the other half of the Kinstone."

He didn't know how much longer he could keep going, but he would make a valiant effort.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:47 pm

Although Sir Meta Knight did not react at all outwardly, Impa had a strong feeling that he was disheartened to learn that the second half to this Kinstone was not likely to be anywhere nearby. As much as she wished it was, if this Kinstone was anything like the shards from the distant past of Hyrule, then she would likely have to find it in a completely different place. At least she had something to go off of now, and even if she hadn’t, today had still been a very fruitful excursion. As it was, she was glad to have made a new friend, happy to have found a clue towards a possible cure for herself and her charges, and looking forward to updating the three youths once she returned to the inn.

Whether Meta Knight’s wings drooped from his own mood or a shift in his stance, it was quite apparent that he was exhausted, both physically and mentally. She too was more worn than she wished to admit, but she had more than enough stamina to return home. Impa nodded as her companion confirmed that there was nothing left in this particular cavern for him, finding his the weight of his words carrying a bit of relief with them. It might not have been a pleasant revelation that this cave bestowed upon him, but at the very least, it was one that could prove helpful and enable him to grow from it.

At Meta Knight’s kind offer, Impa simply smiled softly before nodding her gratitude. “I certainly appreciate that, and may take you up on that offer… but that is a quest for another day. For now, feel it is best that we return home.”
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:57 pm

When Impa suggested they return home, Sir Meta Knight felt ashamed at how much this relieved him, tired as he was. He should always be eager to tackle a challenge, but now he felt so physically and emotionally drained he was even doubting his ability to make it all the way back to the inn.

He for sure couldn't fly back there.

"You are right," he admitted. "I... believe rest would be good for the both of us, after all that has happened."

Turning, he took a few steps back toward the place where they'd entered the cavern, his wings still dragging limply behind him. "Shall we head back this way?"
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Sun May 01, 2016 12:15 am

Whilst the two warriors were always more than set to meet any challenge that happened to fall to them, part of being a truly skilled warrior was knowing when to take ones leave, and even more than that, when to rest. The day had been a long one; it was mostly good with a few obstacles, but even with unpleasant discoveries and revelations for the knight from Dreamland, at the very least, they had both come out of this day stronger. They too had formed a new friendship, a new bond, and the Sheikah had a good feeling that that would only continue to be a good force for both of them.

Nodding to Sir Meta Knight at his agreement and accurate assessment, Impa added, “Very true. We have certainly earned it, and here is to it being especially rejuvenation.” At that, Impa soon followed his gaze, studying the way back before she nodded once more. Returning from whence they had come was a great idea, but with as tired as they were, Impa felt that she might have one better.

“That sounds like a fine plan, Sir Meta Knight. However, if you would like… I could help warp us back to the inn.” She was fine to travel via magic or take the long way home, but at the very least, she did wish to present that option.
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Sun May 01, 2016 12:24 am

Exhausted as Sir Meta Knight was, his mind was still trying to process the day's events. Dreamland--his home, and all those who once dwelt within--was gone, and he now knew for certain that place was his new home. But at least the Dream Fountain had survived, and Nightmare had been defeated again. And... he'd acquired a friend.

As terrible as things had been, as great the loss he'd experienced, he would still find things to smile about, somehow. He would have to, unless he wanted to live a joyless experience here.

That was something he simply could not allow.

He couldn't keep dwelling on this, though--not now, at least. And when Impa gave the suggestion to warp the two of them back to the Inn, he felt himself give the faintest hint of a smile.

"Yes," he said. "That would probably be best."
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:23 am

The day had not been quite the whirlwind for Impa that it had been for Sir Meta Knight, but all the same, it had been an unexpectedly adventurous one for her, and she still fully understood that her new friend was still contending with a lot. His mind was undoubtedly a torrent of emotions as he was still coming to grips with the unavoidable truth that he had valiantly fought, but at the very least, he was safe, in a chance to recover mentally as well as physically, and he had the opportunity to get home even sooner.

Although the Sheikah wished that it had been easier for the masked knight to confirm the fate of his world, at the very least, he would not be facing even more unfortunate encounters as an effect of that detail. Most of the time, the truth was the best, and now he could use it to help move forward. And of course, he would not be moving forward alone… she was just as grateful for the new comrade and fellow warrior as he was.

Detecting the subtlest of smiles from her companion at his answer, Impa simply nodded to him. “All right then.” At that, she motioned for Sir Meta Knight to join her by her side, just before she performed a quick series of motions with her arms, the final pose all but instantly summoning a swirling blue light around them. It quickly moved about the pair, soon whisking them away, and taking them towards the destination they had in mind.

It had been a long day, but at the very least, the two friends could try to ensure that it ended on a good note.
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:42 pm

When Impa motioned for Sir Meta Knight to come to her side, he did so without hesitation. He seemingly took no notice as his wings dragged on the ground behind him--already they were collecting a thin coating of dirt. In the way, way back of his mind, he knew it wasn't good to let them do that, but he still couldn't muster up the strength to lift them. He could barely feel them at all, now.

His fellow warrior made a few motions, and in a moment, they were warped away. Meta Knight was not unfamiliar with teleportation--it was a trick he could do himself, after all. That bit of magic, however, did not seem to have come back to him yet--even if it had, he was not certain he would have the energy to use it.

When the magic faded, Sir Meta Knight blinked at the sound of cows lowing. That... hadn't been what he had expected. But a quick glance at the cars parked all around and the animal pens in the corner assured him that they were in an underground carpark--they'd made it back to the inn.

A sense of overwhelming relief filled him, but the weight of sorrow still tugged at the edges of it.

He was home, now.

But even though it was not his fortress, with his knights, and his many followers... it was a safe place, with friends.

He would be all right, someday.

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:44 pm