Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

A Chance Encounter of Two Warriors

Post by Impa on Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:17 am

Date: June 7, 2013
    Time: 1:44 pm

Today truly seemed to be as close to a perfect day in the grasslands as one could get, and one Sheikah in particular was certainly enjoying it so far.

With as much as she loved the outdoors, Impa had never been too particular about the weather. She did rather enjoy clear sunny days as much as she did cloudy ones, although admittedly, it was tough to beat a perfect partly cloudy day with a comfortable temperature and just enough of a breeze to keep the air moving. That weather... that was just what she had today.

The general range between clear and cloudy was her favorite of course, but even then, Impa did not tend to mind precipitation that much. She was very used to braving all of the elements, and even if she did not prefer to be out in something, that did not mean that she minded it much. However... considering the recent curses that had fallen over her as well as her three charges, the Sheikah was especially glad that today was a mostly clear day, with hardly a chance for any rain.

After all... whilst she did not exactly mind turning into a bear, she did not like the fact that she could not control it.

Although a splash of cold water was an incredibly simple thing to activate her curse, at the very least, it could be temporarily reversed with hot water. The forms that Impa and her three charges took were far less the issue than the fact that they had been cursed, but even though they were all still themselves in spite of all of this, she was still determined to find a permanent cure for them. As far as curses went, these were not too bad… at best, they were interesting, and at worst, they were an inconvenience, but be that as it was, the Sage of Shadow was no less set to do what she could to reverse them for good.

That was one of the main reasons she found herself out in the Samba Heartlands today… to search for any possible leads to a cure.

Impa's research had not yielded much in the way of undoing these curses for good yet, but after she, Zelda, and Kev had discovered a fairy fountain out here last year, it was not outside the realm of possibility for there to at the very least be a clue out here. And if nothing else… even if her search did not help her find anything, it was always nice to come out and simply enjoy the grasslands. Save the occasional monster encounter, it was a beautiful, peaceful place, and one of the Sheikah's favorite spots to come to help clear her head.

That… and it just reminded her so much of Hyrule Field.

With a nostalgic smile and a soft sigh to herself, Impa continued her trek across the rolling hills, her eyes and ears still attuned to picking up anything that might have changed since her last trip out in this particular section of the grasslands… or at least, any potential passersby.
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 22

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Re: A Chance Encounter of Two Warriors

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:26 pm

The warm air swooped beneath Sir Meta Knight's wings as he flew high over the heartlands, for the moment, just content to hang in the air.

The knight's first month at Portal Breach (or close to a month) had been fairly eventful; he'd run into the squirrel Xiao Xiao and sparred with her, and practiced his own techniques to try to regain the strength he'd lost. He'd also been returning to the forest every few days to explore, searching for any hint of the glowing blue of a portal, but his search had been, so far, fruitless. And though he didn't particularly hate the shade, the knight was getting rather tired of the dark forest.

He missed the warm glow of Mr. Shine.

Though this world didn't have such a being, its sun was still pleasant enough, and the Dreamlander was glad to explore a more open, warm place. He wasn't yet sure he would find a portal here since he'd come through one in the forest, but it was worth a shot. A change of scenery was always nice, too.

But Meta Knight wasn't exploring just yet. For now, his wings were still as he let himself glide over the grassland, watching the rolling hills unfold beneath him. He would need to head closer to the ground eventually, once he found a good place to start.

He blinked upon noticing a tall figure walking through the field. Perhaps he could start there.

Angling his wings, he swooped down closer to the ground until he was able to identify the figure--someone he'd seen around the inn. He slowed his descent until he was a couple feet over the woman's head and slightly off to the side, and beat his wings rhythmically to hover there. "Hello," he said with a nod of greeting.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:11 am

Before too long, Impa got the sense that she was not alone out here, and as the very quiet yet unmistakable sound of something swooping down from above reached her ears, she raised a curious eyebrow. That almost sounded like a Keese, but the sound was different… and the feeling she got was certainly not the same one. No, this one felt familiar, but in a different way all together.

Stopping her stride for the moment and turning to look around, Impa soon saw the figure of none other than Meta Knight headed in her direction. The Sheikah had not met the Dreamlander directly yet, but aside from seeing him in passing at the inn, she had definitely heard about him from Zelda, Link, and Chell. Although he was small in stature, his will and spirit were most certainly strong, and she could tell that even more with the air she felt about him now that they were in closer proximity to one another.

Smiling ever so slightly as he caught a position to hover just above her own head and to the side, Impa returned his nod, stating, "Hello. It's nice to see that I'm not the only one who is exploring the grasslands today. You're Sir Meta Knight, correct?"
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:53 pm

"Indeed," Sir Meta Knight replied. Now that he was closer to her, he could confirm his initial thought--she was quite tall, somewhere over five times his size. He also got the feeling that she was quite strong--perhaps a warrior like himself? Perhaps she would understand his desire to regain his original strength, if that was the case.

"I believe I have seen you around the Stock Pot Inn, though I do not recall your name," he admitted. He noticed, however, that there was something familiar about her--her ears were pointed, much like the innkeeper's. "You are of the same race as Link, are you not?"
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:49 am

Impa's smile broadened a touch at Meta Knight's response to her greeting, glad to see that he did not mind her use of his name. It made sense considering her position at the inn and of course her conversations with Zelda, Chell, and Link, but she still hoped it would help make sure he was at ease. He appeared to be more relaxed now that he had had some time to settle into the Breach and make his own place here around his noble yet misguided search for a way home, but he was of course a newer citizen. As such, even with as strong as his personality was, every little thing could certainly help out.

At Meta Knight's remark, Impa simply shook her head slightly, stating, "That's all right. I believe we have both encountered each other there in the briefest of passings. My name is Impa… I am the Head of Security at the inn." As for his following question though, he was less correct for this particular observation. "I'm not, actually. We are from the same world known as Hyrule, but Link is a Hylian whereas I am a Sheikah, the same as Sheik. Sheikah do look very much like Hylians, though… the primary difference is that we always have red eyes."
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:38 pm

"It is good to meet you, Impa," Sir Meta Knight said. He looked around briefly, wondering if there was somewhere he could stand while still keeping above Impa, but they weren't near any trees or boulders at the moment. A definite disadvantage to a place like this, but he supposed he had to sacrifice something if he wanted to explore a less-shadowed area.

He frowned a little beneath his mask at Impa's correction--so they weren't the same race. Now that he thought about it, he supposed it would be like an alien coming to Popstar and thinking Waddle Dees and his own species were the same. An embarrassing mix-up, to be sure, and it appeared as though he'd just made a similar one. "I apologize. I am still getting used to the different races I see here."

The knight cast another look around the heartlands, not immediately turning back to the Sheikah woman. "What brings you here today?" he asked. "I myself am... searching for something."
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:15 am

"And you as well," stated Impa, nodding to Sir Meta Knight. He might have been a newer arrival on the Breach, but between the sense that she got about him as well as what she had previously heard, she could tell that he was quite the warrior. His attack power was likely still dampened, but hopefully, he would be able to start regaining that soon. The Sheikah remembered her own trials far too well after she had arrived here… she was grateful at least that her physical strength had remained in tact, as had her general skills and most of her magic. However, losing her attack power and some of her more complex spells had not been a welcome discovery. At the very least though, she had been able to unlock them over time, and given the dreamlander before her, she was certain that the same would be true of him.

"There's no need to apologize at all," said Impa. His words were appreciated, but it was not the first time a Sheikah had been mistaken for a Hylian, nor would it be the last. "It's difficult for most people to tell the difference, even some from my homeworld… that is likely even trickier considering the sheer variety of races here." Granted, the vast majority of citizens seemed to be human or at least humanoid in appearance, but even so, the gambit of different peoples here was something that astounded the Sage of Shadow even to this day.

Impa's red gaze followed Sir Meta Knight's as he looked about the rolling hills, although she did glance to him at his question. A slight smile graced her lips at his admission that he was searching for something, and a moment later, she noted, "I suppose we're both out here for the same reason, albeit different quarries, I'm sure. That, and I felt as though it was just a good day to come visit the heartlands. … Perhaps we could search and wander in shared company for a while."

The Sheikah was certain that the masked knight was just as comfortable to explore alone as she was, but if they were both looking for things, even those that could not be found, a companion could be even better than two pairs of discerning eyes.
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:20 pm

Sir Meta Knight hummed in agreement. "Yes. My home planet of Popstar has many different species, but the variety is even greater here. There are an abundance of taller beings here... as well as many beings with strange features, such as legs." As bizarre a statement that would seem, it wasn't so strange an observation for the round knight; very few Dreamlanders had actual legs, instead having feet that attached directly to the bodies. "I have been here for nearly a month, yet it is still a challenge to get used to the many differences from my homeland."

He paused for a moment, realizing how that could be taken. "Not a challenge I am incapable of overcoming, of course."

At Impa's question, he turned to face her again. He'd been searching mostly by himself for the past few weeks, so searching with a companion seemed like a good way to break up that monotony. "Certainly," he replied. "It may help to work together. What is it you are looking for?"
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:14 am

"Ah, I see. That sounds quite like my world of Hyrule… there are several races, some more similar to each other than the rest, but even with as used to the sheer array of diversity there that I was, that has not compared to the variety here… and that goes doubly once you include wildlife and monsters," stated Impa, nodding to Sir Meta Knight. She did smirk the slightest bit in amusement at his comment regarding legs being a strange thing to possess, but considering his own build, it was not as out of place as it might have seemed. Impa simply chuckled softly before adding, "Yes, I suppose that would be quite different… I do hope most of us are not as strange as our features might seem, though."

At both his note of the differences being a challenge as well it being one he could overcome, Impa simply said, "Of course. It can be quite an experience to get used to the differences in this world… I know my charges and I have all had to overcome our own fair share of challenges. Still, I'm confident that you can meet and rise above it." That much she could certainly tell even in this first direct meeting with him.

After all, in this world, those that adapted were the ones that did well. Those that did not… they simply did not last one way or the other. It was a harsh truth but still a truth nonetheless. As far as the tenacious masked knight went though, the Sheikah had a good feeling that he would overcome his own challenge in rare form.

Smiling a touch more and nodding at his reply Impa folded her arms thoughtfully at his question. If Sir Meta Knight was to learn about the curse she had gained, it was likely best to work up towards that… after all, it would be rather strange to share it so soon after meeting formally. Sighing almost imperceptibly, she noted, "Simply clues that might point me in the direction of my true quarry, namely magic to help undo another source of such. I'm not sure if I'll find any, but it never hurts to look." She paused for a moment before asking, "And what might you be searching for?"
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:31 pm

"Not too strange," Sir Meta Knight mused. He had to glance at Impa though when she mentioned that she was sure he could overcome his challenges. She hardly knew him, yet she had such confidence in him? It was true that back in Dreamland those that knew his name held much faith in him, but here, he was unknown. Perhaps it was something in his countenance, or else this woman was very trusting in others. It reminded him a bit of a certain other puffball he knew that could be a little too trusting, but he would hold back his judgement until he'd gotten to know this Sheikah better. After all, she did not seem to be a foolish person--not like Kirby.

At her answer to his question, he blinked in surprise. "Magic to undo another source of magic?" he repeated. "Is it a curse, or some other unwanted spell?" He looked aside in thought, remembering the curses of Yin-Yarn and Drawcia--the first of which turned him into yarn, and the second of which removed his limbs. "I have been cursed before, but it was undone when the spell caster in question was defeated. I assume that is not the case here?"

As for her question, he frowned a little beneath his mask, remembering how others tended to react to his search. Still, he would not resort to being dishonest. "I am searching for a portal back to my home world," he answered, mentally bracing himself for any arguments this woman may throw at him.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:04 pm

Impa smiled a bit as Sir Meta Knight confirmed that things were not too strange. As for her voiced confidence in his ability to meet and overcome the challenges that laid before him, she was not too trusting so much as she was incredibly perceptive. Between her keen insight and what she had learned of the masked warrior from Sheik, Chell, and Link, she was certain that his drive as well as his abilities would help him out with whatever he put his mind to. His countenance certainly added to what she could read from him, as even with their markedly different statures, he held as strong an air about himself that he might as well have been Darunia.

Nodding at his echo of her words, Impa cocked an eyebrow at his question and note that he himself had been cursed before. Curses were not exactly an uncommon thing across many worlds, but she was a bit surprised to find out that both of them shared something far less expected in common, although the Dreamlander had thankfully already been freed of his curses. "It is indeed a curse. Just a fortnight ago, I was out in the forest training with my three charges, two of whom I believe you've met, Sheik and Link. The session was as uneventful as it was fruitful, but as we began to return home, a new area was pulled to the Breach… right beneath our feet. It was an entire clearing of cursed springs. We could not detect it in time, and each of us fell into one, thus emerging cursed."

Shaking her head somewhat at his second question regarding the nature of the curses, Impa stated, "I'm sorry you had previously borne a curse, although I am glad you're free from that now. The case here does appear to be different though, as although the springs caused the curses, there is not a cater behind them. Thankfully though, the curses are at least temporary." And that went both for their overall lasting effect as well as their being presently active.

Despite the mask he wore, Impa could effectively sense the frown that Sir Meta Knight wore at her own question. Based on previous conversation with Sheik and Chell, his answer was much as she expected… he had apparently been vehemently opposed to the idea that he could not return to his world and set to try and find any possible means to travel back. Here, it seemed that even in the time he had been in this world, he had not yet found evidence to prove to himself that he was indeed going to be here permanently. Stubborn defiance could be an admirable trait, but in this case, Impa hoped that he would be able to open his mind to the truth around him before he got caught in a realization that could prove to be far more painful than was necessary.

"Ah, I see," noted Impa. Although she had plenty of logic and proof at her disposal, given the way that Sir Meta Knight had reacted to Sheik's initial sharing of the news with him, she knew that this had to be handled a little more delicately. With a nod to her companion, Impa soon added, "You know, in all of my time here I have yet to find any portals that lead back to any of the worlds that we come from… and believe me, I have explored this land rather extensively."
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:59 am

"A new area?" Sir Meta Knight repeated, genuinely interested. He thought he may have overheard something about new areas being pulled into the Breach before, but to hear a confirmation of this was quite interesting. He wondered if maybe part of Dreamland could get pulled here, or perhaps the Halberd, but he immediately pushed such ideas out of his head. He didn't want his home to be brought to him--he wanted to get back to his home.

In any case, what was important wasn't the fact that a new area had come here--it was that Impa and the others had become cursed. "I am sorry to hear about your situation," he said, "though I must admit, I would not have guessed you were cursed from your appearance. But I will certainly aid you in your efforts to find a cure." While part of him wondered just what this curse was, he wouldn't pry. If anyone understood a desire to keep things secret, it was Meta Knight.

He tensed just a little when she mentioned not finding any portals. "I am not one to give up hope so easily. Just because others have not found portals returning to their worlds does not mean such things do not exist. I will not stop until I find a way to return to my home world, and perhaps find ways that others might return to theirs."
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:54 pm

"Yes," stated Impa, feeling a little amused at catching the distinct interest in his tone. Gesturing before the two of them, she added, "It is not nearly as common for an area to be brought here as it is for people and other life, and certainly not as frequent as objects from our homeworlds to arrive in their own time, but it can happen. I have seen new areas appear in a variety of places, although those discoveries usually happened after their initial arrival, unlike the case of the springs."

Pausing for a moment, Impa placed a hand on her hip as she turned back to Sir Meta Knight. She had a strong feeling that he wanted to return home instead of having parts of it brought to the Breach after him, and although she could certainly sympathize with that sentiment, especially since she had felt it herself before, she did wonder how he might react if he found any pieces of Dreamland here. "Areas both strange and familiar have appeared here… some the likes of which I've never seen, some new but not too out of the ordinary, and even some from Hyrule. There does not seem to be a pattern to it, but one thing is for certain… it's almost always interesting."

Whether the masked warrior wound up finding anything from Dreamland was yet to be seen of course, but no matter what, the Sage of Shadow hoped that either way he would be able to come to terms with his own destiny here without too much pain.

"I appreciate the sympathy," stated Impa, nodding to Sir Meta Knight. With a soft smile at his note regarding her not appearing to be cursed, she allowed herself gentle nasal chuff of a laugh before adding, "That is one of the other good sides to the curses save their being temporary. We must each hold our own respective curse until we find a true cure, but in the meantime, they are thankful such that must be activated or reversed… mine is a transformation that is not always present."

Impa did not fail to catch the subtle tensing of Sir Meta Knight's posture at her words regarding no new portals, but at least he was not outright denying her report. His was a noble pursuit if not a stubborn folly… and it seemed that only evidence would help convince him that he was to remain in this strange, new world. It was not an easy truth to accept, but whether he learned it sooner or later, the important thing was that he did not get lost in his search and forget to make use of the chance he had here.

As far as evidence went, perhaps they would even find some on their trek across the grasslands today. Although she could not in good conscience wish him success in finding a portal home, the Sheikah could at least wish him well in his search… namely in that he would be able to come to terms with his new place here, and thus find a new inner peace with himself. "May destiny smile upon you then. I never give up hope either… but as one who shares that trait, let me say that in your quest to find a way home, do make sure not to lose yourself."
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:18 pm

"It certainly sounds like it," Sir Meta Knight replied to her further explanation about the different locations appearing. "Perhaps you could show me some places from... Hyrule at some point."

He listened as she went on about the curses that she and her comrades had acquired, nodding slowly. "It does not seem so bothersome, then," he said, "but I can understand wanting to find a cure. No curse is a good one--none that I am aware of."

As Impa replied to his statement that he did not give up hope, however, he couldn't help but feel suspicious. "You do not give up hope? Then surely you know there must be a way back to your world of Hyrule, somewhere?"

...But then if there was, then why were parts of it appearing here, as she had said?

He didn't reply to her last statement. He was not about to lose himself--there was a definite line between being determined and overly-obsessive, and he was the former, not the latter.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:17 pm

Nodding at Sir Meta Knight's suggestion, Impa smiled slightly before stating, "Of course. It would be an honor." She might have only just met the masked warrior herself, but given what she already knew of him as well as the open curiosity he had voiced here, the Sheikah was certainly glad for the chance of this opportunity in the future.

"It is not so bad, no… it might be a curse, but it's more of an inconvenience than anything truly negative," noted Impa. Chuckling a bit in spite of herself, she added, "It's been an interesting experience thus far, but I will be quite glad once we're all rid of them"

At Sir Meta Knight's following questions, Impa simply gave him a knowing smile. He did seem the slightest bit wary at her own true words, but even so, he seemed to have picked up the greater meaning behind them, as well as the clue in the fact that parts of other worlds had long since started to show up here.

"I never give up hope for the future, even if it leads me to a world that is not my homeworld," said Impa, hoping that those words would strike a chord with her fellow warrior, even if he did not pick up their full significance until sometime later.

More than anything… the Sage of Shadow knew very well that home was where the heart was. As much as she missed Hyrule, she did have a life here now… not only did she have the strengthened bonds with Zelda and Link, she had got to meet the future Link and the five fairies, not to mention Aicara, Kev, Lawrence, and so many more that she would have never got to know back home. It had been a difficult fate to accept at first… but over time, this world had truly become a new home for her. It was not quite a New Hyrule, but it had still become something very special to her… a place that not only would she fight to defend, but one that she would be hard-pressed to leave. In a sense… it had taken on a role as a new heart container, and so long as she could be with her charges, Impa was glad for it.

Current date/time is Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:44 am