Health Bar:
    140/140  (140/140)
    Stamina Bar:
    19/19  (19/19)

Another Life Lesson...

Post by Wolfe on Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:27 pm

Time: 11:30 pm
    Date: Jan 19

Alexander, the Protector of Human, Defender of Peace, and Hero of Caerlia, you maybe over a century old but you still have much to learn about being a guardian of peace. Certain actions must be taken even to keep the peace even if you don’t agree with him. Jak is Daemeon’s pawn and to keep your oath, you must take it out of play…

Alex walked somberly down the streets of Portal City with Kev and Jak in tow. He was halfway walking halfway dragging his feet. He knew what he had to do but he wishes he didn’t have to. He felt like his feet were shackled to a large iron ball. Every fiber of his being was telling him to turn around and face Daemeon in the Sanctuary. He knew that wouldn’t end well. Too many possible hostages, too many people could get hurt. He wanted to keep injuries and casualties to a minimum if he could. Father, give me strength to carry out my duties. Mother, forgive me for what I am about to do. I don’t want to but I must keep Daemeon in line. I cannot let him run rampant like he did at home. I don’t want another war.

He led them out to the grasslands outside of the city. He looked back to judge their distance and continued to walk away. I don’t want to be in the city limits when I have to do what I must. Alex, you cannot run away from your responsibilities. Stopping a good ways away from the city limits, Alex turned and faced Jak and Kev. He kept staring at the ground then moved his gaze to Praestes. “Kev… Are we out far enough not to trigger the ISO’s?” He refused to make any eye contact. He didn’t have the stomach to look at the person in front of him.

Last edited by Alexander on Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Another Life Lesson...

Post by Kev on Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:44 pm

Oh boy, what a confusing day. It started normally, even interesting. He worked at the shop, he went to the Sanctuary afterwards. Zurg held the poor Selim kid with his bruuka and deposited him in Cailia's breasts. It was funny, even if Zurg then threw a badger Kev's way. No harm done at all~! Curiously though, Daemeon had suggested he go talk to Alexander in the kitchen, and Jak was there too. They moved to the roof and talked. Aradia had finally severed her friendship with Jak apparently, much to his relief and joy.

Then he and Alexander had a conversation that could be seen as...dark. Mainly, Jak dying. Kev was of the very sound belief that Jak should die so that his bond/deal/whatever with Daemeon could be severed. Alexander was...a little bit naive. He refused quite soundly, and had even decided not to let anyone but himself kill Jak. One moment they were arguing over this, then he and Joshua had a telepathic conversation over an odd telepathy around Jak and Daemeon. Next thing he knew, Alexander had his weapon out and wanted to leave with Jak! Urged on mostly be confusion and a tinge of worry, he followed. Now they were in the heartlands, quite close to his own home, neither speaking very much. Which is why he was very relieved when Alexander looked his way.

Alexander wrote:“Kev… Are we out far enough not to trigger the ISO’s?”

"..." He looked between Alexander and Jak, eyes widening. "Alexander...if you really don't want to do it, you don't have to. But since we're already here...yes. Yes, we're far enough out that the ISOs won't come." He turned his gaze completely to Jak. "If you can't do it, or you need help, I can assist, Alex."

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Jak and Daxter
    Dead!

Dead!

Level : 8

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Jak and Daxter on Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:45 pm

Jak eyed Kev and Alex in a sad, somberly way. However that sad frown, showed something much different inside, between Jak's two sides.

Dark Jak paced around in Jak's head looking at Light Jak... "Letting me out might be Jak's only chance at survival...I'm going to do what i can." "I'm looking at you, Light... Jak needs us now."

Light eyed Dark and closed his eyes trying to put up a mental barricade between Jak's mind and Kev's mind. Light Jak tried to keep calm and work with what he could. "Protect Jak, that's our only task now.

Jak glares at Alexander and then eyes Kev with anger burning "When did you plan this... WHY! Stop lying to me, Alex... Kev, you as well.. ".  

Jak frowned as he shook his head "Well, you two going to tell me why?"
    Daemeon
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 30

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Daemeon on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:31 am

Daemeon had been following this band of goodie-goodies to see what Alex was planning. Of course he wasn’t following on foot, he had leapt into the air when they were still city and circled over them like a vulture. His bat-like wings didn’t make a sound in the night air and he flew high enough so he looked like a bat if they saw him. From the way Alexander left and how he looked, Daemeon suspected something grim was going to happen. "Is Alex going to kill Jak? Does he even have the stomach for it?” Daemeon asked himself quietly. He knew darn well how much his cousin hated killing in general, let alone killing an innocent civilian. “I bet he won’t do it. He doesn’t have the nerve. He wouldn’t kill Jakky even if it meant stopping me. Kev will probably be the one to kill my pawn.”

Once the trio stopped, Daemeon spiraled down and landed about a hundred feet or so behind them. He kept low to the ground as he watched Alex, Kev, and Jak talk. I really wish I had some popcorn right now. Then again, they might hear me eating it. What should I do if Alex really tries and kill Jak? I’ve gotten what I want out of him. I don’t have a reason to keep him alive… Daemeon laid on the ground and pondered on what he should do.
    Wolfe
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Level : 9

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    140/140  (140/140)
    Stamina Bar:
    19/19  (19/19)

Post by Wolfe on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:46 am

Alex couldn’t look anyone in the eye as Kev answered his question and Jak began yelling at Kev and him. His hand tightened Praestes’s grip until his knuckles were pure white and he was shaking. He felt his stomach twist into knots and the screaming voices of all he couldn’t save and those he had to kill back on Caerlia. Tears began running down his face as he yelled back at Jak. "This wasn’t planned Jak! Do you honestly think I would really enjoy killing an innocent man? Kev understands what is going on! I have to do what I must to keep Daemeon in line! I have to make sure does turn this world upside down like he did back home!”

He held up Praestes and pointed it at Jak. His entire arm was shaking with a mixture of anxiety and anger. “I must do everything in my power to stop him. I have a promise to keep. I must…” The elegant thin blade flashed and turned into a traditional dual edge sword with a cross guard made of two angelic wings. “Jak if you try and run away, I will as Kev to hold you down. This must be done and I must be the one to do it. Whatever Daemeon does, I am held responsible for it…”
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:03 pm

Alexander seemed to avoid his gaze as he answered. This was really a hard decision for him to make, wasn't it? Kev had been on Portal Breach for a good, long time now and he had gotten pretty used to the idea that sometimes, you had to kill someone. In a fight, in a disaster, when you could die yourself, sometimes you had to fight back and kill someone. After the Phazon incident, it became obvious to him too that sometimes, you have to kill someone to protect others.

That was why Kev could never fault Aya for breaking the star child's box and creating that black hole, because he ended up staying behind on his own and he knew that was best. If she hadn't done that he might have killed them, as he had so very much wanted to do at the time. Dying was a reset button sometimes, and dying finally rid him of the Phazon, after nearly a month of infection. He stepped forward and placed a hand on Alexander's shoulder. "You're doing the right thing...its not always easy, but sometimes it has to be done." He assured him.

Jak wrote:"When did you plan this... WHY! Stop lying to me, Alex... Kev, you as well..."

Kev blinked and turned to the man who had been eerily quiet the whole time Kev had seen him tonight. He was about to answer, but that was when he felt some sort of barricade between himself and Jak. His eyes furrowed, immedaitely thinking back to that odd telepathy he had talked to Joshua about. Was this Daemeon's handiwork?

Jak wrote:"Well, you two going to tell me why?"

He pushed on the barricade, body stiffening as his mind concentrated to bust that mental wall down. "If you want me to answer you, you're gonna have to let down this wall! I'm telepathic, remember?" He felt anger stirring in his chest, though he let Alexander answer the man first before chiming in. "You were literally right there both times I have EVER mentioned us killing you, Jak! Or does everything I say just go in and out of your brain?" He crossed his arms. "Like Alexander said, this wasn't planned. He left with his sword, you followed, I followed. And don't you dare accuse us of lying, I have been VERY upfront with you about this!" Alexander was obviously very upset by this situation, Kev eyeing him even as he leveled the sword at Jak and the sword transformed. "Yes, don't make this any harder than it has to be, Jak. And as for why..."

He took a deep breath in before giving Jak an angry glare. "Maybe you've still forgotten but you're UNDER DAEMEON'S CONTROL! Don't you want to be free? Without you, he's less of a threat! If Alexander were to track him down now, Daemeon would probably use you as a shield or something! We're not killing you for fun, or because we hate you, its so that you won't be his little mind slave puppet anymore! So that people can stop being worried for YOUR sake! Wondering if you'll ever be back to normal or if you're going to be Daemeon's forever! This will FIX YOU. You will come back and you will be your OWN man again. And if you want to blame me for this like you did for the ISOs? Well, you can xungti my bruuka." He spat the foreign words, Kryptonistanian words that were his Native language. Jak's move, now. Hopefully this could be done quickly...

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Jak and Daxter
    Dead!

Dead!

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Jak and Daxter on Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:16 pm

Jak held his head and frowned "Things aren't as they seem. Give me a chance to explain myself! This is like choosing the lesser of two evils! How are you guys going to explain this to Daxter, huh? You know? My best friend? I never wanted Daxter to become involved in this! Do you guys really want to find out why me and Daxter stayed friends over the years?!

Jak stepped back from the shape shifting sword and with anger dwelling in him, he growled but something started to come back to mind.. "Ke..v? Alex...? What..am I doing.?! What are you doing?!"

Jak growled at Daemon "YOU!"

Dark Jak came around. He was no longer interested in Kev or Alex, but Daemon the, demon that made him this way.

Dark Jak grabbed Daemon's collar and aimed his claws full of dark eco at him to start to shock the demon with the dark energy. He tried to aim it up with a fist to Daemon's face. "I'm sick of your shit, Daemon"

Anger made Dark Jak a little more than pissed off.
    Daemeon
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Daemeon on Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:07 pm

Daemeon had decided to walk up to trio as Kev spoke or did he… As Jak went to grab his collar, his hand would pass through Daemeon along with his attack. Of course it was a projection, do you think Daemeon would be stupid enough to walk up to three goodie-goodies in person? “Now Dark Jakky, sit!” Daemeon snapped his fingers triggering the blood in Jak’s brain to follow Daemeon’s command and forced him to sit before him. “You are not allowed to assault your master even if I am a projection. It is rude and just not pleasant.” The projection turned to Alex and Kev. “Greetings Cousin, Kev.” Bowing slightly to each of them. He looked at Jak then back to the other two. “Well, I was just going to watch peacefully but I wanted a better seat. So Alexander, do you think you could live with yourself if you killed this innocent misguided child? I mean, he is practically a civilian who stumbled onto our battlefield. What would justify you killing him? Because he was my pawn and you are trying to keep me bored?” Daemeon chuckled slightly. “In the end, you are just killing a slave instead of his master. I thought the Hero of Caerlia only killed the villain and never harmed the civilian. You have seriously fallen since you left Caerlia if you kill this boy…” The Daemeon projection stared at Alexander waiting for an answer.

Now then, where was the real Daemeon? He was safely soaring high above them. He was keeping an eye on them but kept his distance. He would only appear as a bird flying around. He had jumped back into the air as Jak assaulted his projection. “Hehe, Jakky sure does have a temper,” he laughed to himself. “Glad I sent the projection but he did try and assault me. If Alex or Kev don’t kill him, I will. It isn’t acceptable for a slave to attack his master. Then they’ll start getting ideas of reading and writing but Kev did say it would act like a reset and put Jak back to the way he was before my experiment…” Daemeon pondered for a few moments. “Oh well, it’ll free up my schedule.” Daemeon went back to observing Jak, Kev, and Alexander as he circled above them from a very safe distance.
    Wolfe
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    140/140  (140/140)
    Stamina Bar:
    19/19  (19/19)

Post by Wolfe on Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:31 pm

Alex continued to refuse to look into anyone’s eyes. What was Alex going to tell Daxter? Would Daxter really listen to Alex as he told him how he killed his best friend? Alex highly doubts that. Then again, Daxter could’ve been a subject to one of Daemeon’s experiments… If Daemeon did perform the same experiment that he did on Jak on Daxter, Daxter could be under Daemeon’s control too. That would be mean Alex would have to kill Daxter too... He tightened his grip on Praestes even more at the thought. Another innocent civilian’s blood would be on his hands.

Alex watched in astonishment as Daemeon strolled up and Jak attacking him. He wouldn’t expect Daemeon to show himself like this but then sighed when he realized it was just a projection. I should’ve known from the start Daemeon wouldn’t physically show up now when the odds would be in my favor. Alex glared at the projection intensely as it spoke. He knew that Daemeon was getting all the information this projection was absorbing now. Daemeon always knew how to torment me the most…questioning my resolve and trying to manipulate with his words.

Alex looked away from the projection for a moment before answering. He pointed the tip of Praestes at the projection’s throat. “I must do what I have to when it comes stopping you, Daemeon. My oath states that I am responsible to handle any events that family members create when innocent people will be harmed.” He then looked down at Jak but not directly at him. “I am sorry that you got caught up in this, Jak. Honestly. I wish I didn’t have to do this but I must do it…” He then drew back his blade as a tear ran down his cheek and swung to decapitate Jak. It must be done. I must do it. I must! Alex couldn't though. Praestes halted just before it made contact.

----------+----
    (Combat order: Kev, Jak, then Alexander if no one objects to it. Daemeon will only be a spectator. Good luck and may the odds be ever in your favor!)
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:07 pm

...Things aren't as they seem? Thing aren't as they seem? "What are you talking about? What it seems like is that Daemeon's got you around his finger! He gave you energy boosts, and according to Alexander that stuff is making you his! What do you have to explain to us?! We know." And then he brought up Daxter. Kev crossed his arms and shrugged. "Well, seeing as he's gotten energy boosts from Daemeon too, we may have to kill him too? You both will come back Jak, so long as you both want to. I don't really understand what's so confusing about this."

He blinked as Jak seemed to...what? Huh? He didn't even know what was going on now? "Yeesh, Daemeon's got quite the hold on his brain, huh?" Speak of the devil and the devil appears, though Kev didn't notice him show up until Jak went 'Dark Jak' and tried to grab him. "You!" He crouched down, ready to attack, except that Jak's hand went right through. Of course...he was just an illusion. They could have gotten to the very root of the problem, but he wasn't really there! He commanded him to sit, much like a dog, leaving no doubt in Kev's mind as to the amount of control he had over him.

"Hi." He responded flatly, eyes simmering. This was great. This was splendid, no, this was superb! He tried to stay out of it, and now here he was, right in the thick of it! "How does this always happen to me..." He mused briefly before paying attention to Daemeon, who seemed to be trying to guilt trip Alexander. "Now now, Daemeon~! Let us not forget who is behind this whole thing. When he dies, it is completely your fault. What we're doing is a mercy. We're freeing him from you, so you can't command him like a dog. You'll be one puppet short, so that when Alexander does come after you in person, you won't have any shields against him." No, he would not put it past him to use Jak and Daxter as living shields. "Sometimes people are too far gone to be saved, and the only way to save them is to kill them. He'll be saved..." He turned to face Jak. "And hopefully he won't get into this situation again!" Please listen and remember this time.

He did feel bad for Alexander, who obviously wasn't ready for this. He really didn't like that Daemeon's illusion was here either, wherever Daemeon was he would watch and be all happy to see his own pawn die. The last thing he wanted was to give him some type of happiness, but he sat by and watched for too long, watching all of this stew around, waiting for the people involved to fix it. They couldn't, til now. And even then, as Alexander's sword swung for Jak's neck, it halted itself. Whether due to his own hesitation or the sword being able to actually stop itself, he didn't know. But he did walk up, glancing to Alexander. "If you can't handle it, let me help. We can do this quickly and move on..." He pressed a button on the side of one of his gloves, the palm igniting with a fireball. He made a fist and faced Jak, hardening his eyes. "I do this for all who worry about you. When you come back, you should be yourself again." He aimed his fist and swung, punching Jak's abdomen.

---
    (650/650) - HP
    (112/120) - AP

--Flamethrower Gloves
    Kev's species interacted and traded with only other species, and those were the Thermians. An industrious people, they created a pair of gloves that looked quite normal. But with the press of a button on the wrist, and with the use of a fuel that is flammable like gas, flames spill out of the palms of the gloves. Naturally, being curious about all things flamey and bright, Kev saved up and bought a pair not too long before coming to pb.
    Specifics:

- Flaming Punch: 1 Coin / 3 Die (1 AP – 5 Turn Recharge)

Level 40+:
    3 dice, 1 coinflip = 4 AP
    6 dice, 2 coinflips = 8 AP

System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:07 pm

The member 'Kev' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Coin Flip' :

--------------------------------

#2 'Attack/Heal (56-60)' : 53, 36, 50, 4, 41, 20
    Jak and Daxter
    Dead!

Dead!

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Jak and Daxter on Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:45 pm

Jak closed his eyes and let out a short, angry scream. Dark Jak fell over on the ground, his abdomen bleeding, possibly broken bones inside of him. As his dark form faded away, Jak was lying there, weakly trying to reach for something...

His vision began to blur. "D-Dax.."

Jak rolled over, inadvertently hiding the single tear that fell down the side of his face.

His eyes were short of falling closed, and he began to hullicinate again, as he coughed up blood.

"Dax... N-no..."

As he coughed up more blood, his head fell over in a slump. After taking his last gurgling breath, his body turned into a much cleaner form, just data, before disappearing into the pool of souls.
    Wolfe
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    140/140  (140/140)
    Stamina Bar:
    19/19  (19/19)

Post by Wolfe on Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:14 pm

Alex looked away as Kev struck Jak with a killing blow. His entire body shook as Jak released a short painful cry as he slumped over. No matter what gender, race, or age, the screams always sounded the same to Alex: terrifying, painful, and scratched into his memory. Alex fell to his knees crying as Jak broke down into data. Crying because he couldn’t carry out with his responsibilities. Someone had to clean up for him. He became a weeping ball into front of Daemeon’s projection and Kev. Crying so hard that his face was becoming a bright red and he was beginning to cough. “Why couldn’t I do it?” he asked between coughs. “Why couldn’t I do it Kev? It was my responsibility and I couldn’t bring myself to do it. Why Kev? Why?”
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:54 pm

He winced at the scream and pulled away, staring at Jak. Sometimes, he was really confused by his own strength. He couldn't kill Ridley, got in a few good attacks sure, but couldn't kill him. And here? One punch seemed to be all it took. The force behind his fist had broken bone and ruptured organs. The fire had simmered him up a little bit too. He fell over and bleed, Kev watching him silently. He called out for Dax, but otherwise, he was soon reduced to data, floating in the wind. Alexander fell to his knees and cried, Kev just looking down at his hand silently.

He hoped that nothing bad would come of this. That when Jak returned, he would not try to turn people against him, or blame him, yell at him, all of the things that Jak had been known to do in the past. While Kev certainly held no love for Jak, and had wanted to hurt him before, he'd never really wanted to kill him. That wasn't his style, really. But this was a mercy. He considered it to be helping him, and screwing Daemeon over, even if Daemeon didn't act like it was. Whatever would come of this, he would deal with it head on.

Alexander wrote:“Why couldn’t I do it?”

He turned to Alexander, walking towards him and putting a hand on his shoulder as he coughed. Why couldn't Alexander do it? "You are young," Technically he might not have been, as Kev didn't know his age for sure, but he went on. "You are young and...a little naive. You're a good kid. You just don't have it in you to kill, and that's nothing to be ashamed of. Its okay." Kev had killed before, though it wasn't necessarily the same. Once upon a time, he had been taken over by sirens and accidentally killed Nyreena. Actually, killing her in a way similar to how he had just killed Jak. There was the Hazama thing a few months back too, they had been manipulated into killing Ragna, and he'd even gotten the last hit on Ra Moon. He gave Alexander one more pat before turning to Daemeon, eyes narrowed. "Keep in mind that I can do that to you, too. Show your face to me, your real face, and it'll happen. Otherwise, I'm letting your cousin handle you."

Daemeon
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Daemeon on Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:24 pm

The twisted demon’s illusion was fully enjoying Alexander’s misery. I knew damn well Alexander couldn’t kill a living person. He would have no time killing a thrull or homunculus but they were already dead or artificially made and didn’t possess human emotion. Daemeon watched Alexander become a crying mess in front of him like it was Christmas morning for him. He kept note of how Jak died as he watch him get blown away by the wind. Drat, it seems I can’t collect corpses and reanimate them. There goes my plan to create a thrull army. I always like a good war. “I knew you couldn’t do it, Alex. You are too soft to take the life of one of my pawns. It seems you’ll always have to have someone to do your job for you.” The projection chuckled a little. “You are close to a century and a half old and yet you still cannot take the life a of a living creature. I doubt you could even execute a convicted murderer. You are so soft. So predictable.”

Daemeon spat and turned his gazed to Kev. “Oh, I know damn well that you and your little gang of goodie-goodies are trying to stop what ever wicked and nasty plan I have. Judging by how all of you act, you are all experienced and have been in the world longer than I have. So back to your threat, I know that any of you can kill me in one hit for a while. Why else do you think I’ve been sending my projection to the Sanctuary? Don’t want to go dying before I have the chance to cause a little mischief. But by how Alexander just acted, I don’t think he could bring himself to kill his only cousin and closest friend.” The projection smiled as it began to fade away. From high above, Daemeon released a psychotic laughter that filled the sky as he jumped back to his lair.

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:20 am