650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

One is the Loneliest Number

Post by Zurg on Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:13 pm

Time: Late Afternoon
    Date: The Holiday (December 25th)

"Marvin 2.0, shh..."

This was it. This was the final moment he had been waiting for!

Upon the quaint steps of a familiar cottage Zurg cleared his throat and smoothed out his robes, the monarch slightly panicking. Does he look presentable? Is he prim and proper? Gah, this will just have to do! He ceased fidgeting with the cloth and turned around to inspect his gift for a friend most dear. At his side was a tall, narrow box and it nearly reached up to his waist in height. It was wrapped in a shiny, red gift paper with a golden bow on top; the creases and corners were just impeccable. What else does one expect when it's the monarch at the helm? "Ah, hang on..." Zurg couldn't let anything go right now - it must be perfect! - and he fluffed up the bow to an acceptable level of, well, presentation. Eh, good enough.

The man admired his gift-wrapping skills for a few seconds longer and turned to ring the cottage's... er. Right! He'll just... knock on the door and, um, leave it at that. Zurg lightly rapped his bare knuckles upon wood and waited, taking an eager step back. "This it is, Zurg. Don't mess up like you usually do..." he grumbled at himself.

Coooo!
    "Shh, you too!"

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: One is the Loneliest Number

Post by Kev on Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:37 pm

In the kitchen of the cottage, Kev was scooping the last of the dog food into the plates. Having relatively recently returned to the cottage after a visit with the Hyruleans, Kev was now giving the animals their Christmas gifts! Fresh hay for the sheep, Chester, and Llama. And for the dogs and cat, delicious, chunky wet food as a special 'Christmas dinner' treat! Biddy has already gotten her special food, as had Shally and Oscar who were at their bowls, chomping up their food. The last to be fed was Percy, who whined at Kev's feet. "Its almost ready, Percy, be patient~!" He'd make sure no one pilfered any food from the other, no worries~!

Finally, tapping the spoon against the bowl to get every bit of food off, he laid the bowl down and the little pup chowed down eagerly. "Not too fast, you'll get a tummyache!" Or throw up, neither were very pleasant! There were a few calm moments before he heard a rap-tap-tappin' at his door! He turned towards the front door, eyes furrowed with curiosity. He wasn't expecting any company...he placed the spoon into the sink to rinse and walked to the front door, opening it and spying a certain purple alien! A purple alien with...a rather large box, wrapped up nice and pretty. Was it time for a gift exchanging? Oh, but he hadn't wrapped Zurg's up just yet, perhaps he could give them to him later! In the meantime Kev stepped forward to inspect the box, feeling a bit guilty. He hadn't gotten Zurg anything this big...would he be upset? Probably not.

"Zurg! Merry Christmas~!" He stepped to the alien and wrapped his arms around him in a hug, before pulling away to gesture at the box. "That looks impressive! Are you sure its for me?" He snickered a bit before looking at the warm cottage. "You must be cold! Do you want to come in, and bring the box with you?" Or would it be too heavy to bring in? Well then again, what could be too heavy for Zurg? Him and his rippling muscles.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:51 pm

Quiet! Someone was approaching the door.

Zurg straightened himself out and stood at attention, shoulders back and gaze rigid. "Any moment now, any moment..." No sooner had the cottage's front door been opened back wide and inviting, a familiar shade of emerald scales greeted the monarch with a warm hug. "Kev, Merry Holiday!" Zurg cheerfully returned, giving his friend a strong hug. He set his alien buddy down and was pleased that Kev approved of the monarch's gift-wrapping skills; the grubs had given him years of practice. "It's for Llama, actually." There was then a slight pause before Zurg cracked open a loud laugh, one of his broad hands slapping Kev's noodly back. "Hah, I kid! Of course it's for you, Kev. The only thing I'd give your spitting beast is a pair of shears and a spittoon." Ah, would he like to come in?

"I find it quite refreshing out here but I'd love to," the monarch agreed. He picked up the gift, carefully, and walked into Kev's cottage when prompted. Assuming his friend didn't mind wherever Zurg chose to sat, the monarch spotted a couch and figured that was the best seat for him. "I'll just set this right here," he said, gently placing the box close to his left leg. A firm hand was kept upon it, although such a gesture may come off strange...

Nevertheless, Zurg glanced around and felt nice and relaxed. Everything was going smoothly with no mishaps! "Oh, Kev! I don't mean to be imposing, but do you perhaps have any tea I may try?" the alien politely asked. "Jo keeps insisting that I give more flavours a shot, so I figured you may have something I - "

Rustle, rustle, rustle!

Ack, no! The monarch kept both hands on the box this time and, should Kev look over and find something amiss, he pretended to be the one rustling it. "I-I can try! Yes, try~!" Zurg shakily added. Marvin 2.0, you little...!

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:22 pm

Ah, what a strong hug! Yep, Zurg was going to have no problems carrying that big ole box! He gave the box another look, curious about what could be inside. Was it clothing? No, clothing wouldn't need a box like that. Maybe it was...a tree? No, the tree would barely survive in there!

Zurg wrote:"It's for Llama, actually."

His head snapped back to Zurg and he blinked, dumbfounded. "Oh, well..." At least Llama would like whatever was inside, right-

Zurg wrote:"Hah, I kid! Of course it's for you, Kev."

Kev blinked once more before he erupted in snickers and tried to nudge the taller alien with his elbow. "You got me there~! A spittoon would be very useful!" Though he had to figure out how to train the creature to aim for the spittoon and spit. Maybe if he put a picture of himself above it? He walked in behind Zurg and pondered over the tricks involved in teaching the stubborn furry critter how to spit in a specific spot, blinking over in Zurg's direction when he was stirred out of his thoughts. Tea? "Oh sure! I've got a type of tea now, its cinnamon apple! It sho-" He stopped and blinked at Zurg as something rustled. He turned to face the alien, who sat on the couch and completed his own train of thought. Was he...shaking the box...?

"...Uh-huh...let me go make that tea, Zurg!" He gave the alien and the box a suspicious glance over. Into the kitchen he went, a kettle of water was set up and set to be boiled, tea bags set into the cups. "Are you alright, Zurg?" He called back to the living room, a little worried. Why would he shake it like that? Guess whatever was in there wasn't too fragile since nothing broke...

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:00 pm

The monarch did go through great lengths to keep his physique in prime shape. "Useful for a creature that loves nothing more than to make others miserable~!" Zurg chuckled right on back, lightly reciprocating Kev's nudging. Perhaps the monarch and Llama were related?

Meanwhile, now back at the living room, Kev had gone off to fetch some flavoured tea; apple cinnamon, to be precise. "Hmm, don't think I've had that before... I'd like to try a cup!" the monarch said, one finger raised. "Oh, and light on the sugar. I'm watching my girlish figure." Among other things... Speaking of those things, Kev had managed to catch a small glimpse of the monarch's antics and was now cautious. Drats! Time to diffuse the situation and throw off his trail. "Take your time, take your time, take your time," Zurg urged, keeping up with appearances. He looked over a shoulder and took note of Kev's current location. Good, maybe now the monarch could position his gift to where it wouldn't rustle with Kev out of the room. "There's no rushing a good batch of tea, after - AH!" The box! The box was gone! Panicking, the monarch slapped both hands onto his head and frantically glanced around. Oh no, oh no, oh no! It had been right there only a second ago!

Kev wrote:"Are you alright, Zurg?"
    "Ah o-ooh, um... There had been a... a spider! Yes, a spider - but it's gone now, not to worry!" Quick, think of something! Zurg cleared his throat and started to quietly tiptoe around the living room, all the while throwing his voice to make it sound as if he were still seated at the couch. "Everything is perfectly okay! Nothing to fret about, no sir!" he meekly laughed. Knew that ventriloquist skill would have came in handy some day. "You just... just concentrate on making that lovely pot of tea, Kev. I eagerly await a cup!" Oh, when the monarch got his hands on that Marvin 2.0! Wait, that shade of red was familiar...

Zurg caught wind of something moving in the corner of his eyes, prompting the monarch to look toward his right. Aha, the box! ...And one with silver hands and feet moving around on all fours near the kitchen!

"Eeee...!" Quickly jumping into action, the monarch rushed into the kitchen and purposefully hovered around Kev's left shoulder. "You know," he hastily said, obscuring his friend's view and justly so. "I think I've changed my mind. Why don't I make the tea and you sit down and relax? It'll be on me, really!" Zurg was not taking no for an answer. He firmly urged his friend away from the stove and was like a moving wall, Kev not allowed to see past him for a moment. "You, um, just sit tight," he continued, effectively keeping Kev out. From his own kitchen no less, too! "I'll make the tea and you just keep talking. Nothing like talking to keep one's mind off things, eh?"

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:16 pm

Ah, good, he still wanted some apple cinnamon tea. "I should warn you, the cinnamon part packs a bit of a punch!" Then again this was the alien that ate his crap with a smile. Cinnamon wasn't crap compared to...well, crap! "Light on the sugar, check!" He tended to the cups on the counter, spooning only a pinch of sugar in one cup and a pinch more into the other. He ripped the tea bag's label off so he could tell which one was meant for Zurg. He went back to the kettle to observe the water and make sure it didn't boil over, Zurg assuring him, repeatedly, to take his time. "Okay!" Was it just him, or was Zurg acting a little...he jolted and eyed the walls of the kitchen frantically at the sudden yell. What the Fook?! He questioned Zurg, who insisted he'd seen a spider! "Must have been a big one!" He went back to the kettle, inwardly hoping Zurg killed it or made it go outside.

Meanwhile, as Zurg freaked out, he would find a bit of company in the shape of a one Oscar, the miniature Pinscher. Zurg's frantic nature had drawn the dog to him, and the dog squinted. It squinted more at a moving box that lingered near the kitchen, the dog following the box and sniffing at it. It smelled...metal.

Zurg's assurances weren't at all very assuring. In fact, it sounded as though Zurg was on the edge of a breakdown or something! "Zuuurg, something's up with you and you're going to tell me what!" And then suddenly he had company! Kev glanced over his shoulder at Zurg, who was hovering there like some type of owl. "..." There was something really fishy going on here! And he was going to get an answer! Though before he could voice anything, Zurg decided that he oughta be the one preparing the tea, and Kev should be sitting in the living room. He found himself being helpfully guided out of the kitchen, Kev trying to dig his heels into the floor for traction and failing.

"But you're my guest, the guest is supposed to relax!" He threw in a push or two to get past Zurg and back into the kitchen but the taller alien wasn't budging. "Alright, I can take a hint..." He walked over to the couch and sat upon it. "What exactly should I talk about to keep my mind off of..." He trailed off, blinking. Something was missing. He glanced around the living room before realizing what it was. "...Where's the box?"

Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:36 pm

"A punch, you say? Well, it's a good thing that I'm a man of, um... risk!" Pfft, yeah right. Zurg was like the furthest thing from uncertainty. He happily nodded all the while as Kev kept talking and, just as before, denied any funny business. "Don't be ridiculous," he said, easily overpowering the smaller alien's advances. "Nothing is up with me, nothing at all! I'm just, you know, excited to see you again. Now, sit on the couch and wait for your tea. It won't take long." Off with you~!

And off Kev went but not before the monarch stumbled across one of his pets, Oscar. "..." Er, dogs. How does one handle a dog again? He shrugged to himself and lightly shooed the beast off with a careful foot. "What should you be talking about?" Good question. The monarch glanced around at various objects in the kitchen and blurted out what came to mind first. "Why don't you talk about hoooooow..." Traces of animal food, calendar, Oscar - got it! "How you, ah, enjoyed spending the Holiday with your animals? Surely you must have given them something to celebrate with, Kev. Tell me what you got for them!" A perfect distraction while the monarch - ACK, MARVIN 2.0, NO. Zurg flinched and immediately stopped the packaged Myr from creating a mess with the silverware; which would have really created an ungodly ruckus.

He hissed and made a few sputtering noises, reaching into the drawer for a fork and offering it. In return, the Myr ceased running around on all fours and took the strange utensil gladly, its blue eyes brightly winking from within the box's darkened interior. Troublesome thing... Oh, the tea!

"Um, tea is almost ready~!" Zurg called out, scrambling to find two teacups and saucers. Kev did have those, right?

Kev wrote:"...Where's the box?"
    "DAMN IT!" came a sudden outburst.

There was the sound of excited feet and Zurg peered over the kitchen wall, eyes zipping around. "S-Sorry, I accidentally spilled some hot tea on myself." Such a klutz~! As for the box? Time to take a leaf out of Megamind's book. "Box? What box? I don't remember a box," the monarch shrugged, feigning ignorance. "Anyway, I'm going to fetch you that tea I promised. Be right back~!" Whoosh! Zurg had disappeared faster than Kev could count.

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:51 pm

So all of this weird behavior was because Zurg was ever so excited to see him again? His eyelids closed partially so that he had a very flat look on his face, crossing his legs. "I guess that makes sense..." He didn't really have any evidence to hold against Zurg after all. Especially since he waved off Kev's questions easily. Zurg could be stubborn, and unless he had something concrete, Zurg was just going to keep slithering his way out of his questions and coming up with convenient answers.

Oscar did not take kindly to Zurg trying to shoo him away. The purple alien had brought a box into his territory and he had every right to figure out what was in that box! Especially if it was going to be some sort of troublesome creature that would try to take his spot in this household! He growled at the offending foot, and stubbornly placed his furry bottom onto the kitchen floor. The shooing only made him slid this way, but he was still trying to stubbornly remain where he was needed, and that was the kitchen with the box!

"Oh!" Kev's eyes light up and he momentarily forgot Zurg's funny behavior. "Well, earlier I exchanged gifts with the Hyruleans but when I got back here I gave everyone some special food! Hay for the sheep, Chester, and Llama, special wet doggy and kitty food out of the can. I also made them some sweaters, though since they're inside right now they're not using them!" The tea was almost ready? Good! As for where to find tea cups and saucers, Zurg would do well to look on the counter. There were two cups with the tea bags and sugar already inside!

Zurg wrote:"DAMN IT!"

Kev's shoulders jolted upwards and his head scrunched down, looking much like a turtle. He turned to the kitchen's direction, wide-eyed. "You did? Are you alright? There should be a towel in there to dry yourself off with!" Wait. WAIT. "What?! What do you mean 'I don't remember a box'? You brought a big box here, in wrapping paper! Red paper, and a gold bow! I'm not that stupid Zurg!" What exactly did he take him for?! "Its not like it walked up out of here..." He grumbled to himself.

Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:08 pm

Darn right it made sense! This was the monarch you're talking about - a man used to covering his tracks and keeping his non-existent nose clean. He was also a rather gifted charmer, as Kev had lapsed into recounting his day and therefore granting Zurg more borrowed time. "Sounds like you had a very cheerful day~!" he pointed out, sounding enthused for his friend. That all changed when he noticed that, DUH, the tea was already in the cups on the saucers. Sigh, it was one of those days... He crossed his eyes and momentarily slumped, defeated. "..." And will someone please get that wretched dog out from here!?

Zurg rolled his eyes at Oscar and approached as if to remove the dog himself, but... well, luck just wasn't in the monarch's cards. Marvin 2.0, that precious bundle of NNNGH, had already been on the move. The box was no longer in the kitchen! "What, who, where!? Ohh..." He rattled his fists and angrily glared at the dog, pointing, "This is all your fault."

Oscar, what kind of a watchdog were you!?

"I don't remember a box, Kev." The monarch fetched both cups of tea, figuring he had stalled long enough, and he brought them out toward the living room. "I think perhaps you're hallucinating or, I don't know, perhaps tea-deprived? Here, this ought to help boost your spirits," he said, offering his friend a cup. Thankfully the man was aware of which cup was his, given his low tolerance for sugar, so Zurg had that going for him. Yay, no seizure on Kev's floor and embarrassing himself! "And aha ha ha... It's just so funny that you've mentioned it getting up and walking away. That would be truly ridiculous, you know. Boxes just don't waltz around with a mind... of..... their.... own.........." He paused in his speech halfway as, surprise surprise, the box he had so desperately forgotten was now walking around and stumbling into things all willy-nilly in the back. "Mmm! A red and golden box, was it?" Zurg paid attention, immediately fixating on Kev. He shook his head and kept up the charade, stirring his tea. "No, sorry! Doesn't ring a bell, I'm afraid. Oh! Ah, that reminds me, Kev. I seem to have fo - "

Coo coo coo...!

Really!?

Flustered, the monarch tensed and tried to salvage the deteriorating situation. "Coo coo coo~! Just practicing for my audition, that's all!" he quickly bluffed. "Did you know that I am to be cast as a Holiday pigeon in an upcoming play? It's a prestigious honour, I'll have you know. They needed someone to fit the part and I was a perfect match. Coo coo coo, ha ha~!" Oi...

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:36 pm

"The Holiday's usually pretty cheerful! Haven't had a sad one yet!" Though this Holida was looking to be ending on a rather confused note. Zurg's behavior was unlike him! He was so...sketchy! It was like he kept getting caught in the middle of something, but what? Was he hiding something?

At Zurg's approach, Oscar did something dogs were great at and flopped onto the floor, exposing his belly. In an attempt to either charm him from removing him, or just be even more difficult to move by hand! Take that, biped! Though it seems with his attention on Oscar, the purple one had LOST the box! Great going, biped! He growled back at him and situated himself to pout under the table instead. Why was he to blame?! If he had just let him go see the box in the first place, he wouldn't have been so focused on the dog and lost it! Hmph! You've got no one to blame but yourself.

One of Kev's massive eyes squinted at Zurg as he came back with tea, insisting that Kev had hallucinated the box due to not having tea. "We had a brief conversation about the box and who it belongs to. Unless I'm spontaneously having visual and auditorial hallucinations, you're up to something." And Kev was watching you, Mister. He dipped a finger into the tea, and his shoulders relaxed as he absorbed some. Mmyes, very good. He glanced at Zurg from the corner of his eyes. If there was one thing Kev knew, it was lying and lying badly. Just ask Crowley about the crow that bit him. And Zurg's behavior right now? About how ridiculous walking boxes were? Yeah, this must be what its like to watch himself lie and flounder in his own lie.

"You seem distracted." Hoping from subject to subject. "Yes, red and golden." He leaned in a bit when Zurg suddenly started in on something, only for him to...starting cooing? He leaned back into the couch and stared at him. "Audition? Holiday pigeon? Play? We don't have plays here! None that I've ever seen, and definitely no auditions that I've ever seen." He placed his tea down onto the table and crossed his arms, eyes narrowing at Zurg. "Something's going on, and you're going to tell me now. If you don't, I'm going to be forced to do something you don't like until you do!" Do you want to test him, Zurg? Do you?

Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:51 pm

"I've, um, had a sad Holiday before," the monarch contributed quietly.

But no one wanted to hear a depressing tale, so Zurg didn't bother carrying on that conversation. He did, however, know that his melnar loaf was cooked and there was no use in keeping up the act any longer. "Alright, alright! Yes, I am up to something as you've called it," the monarch relented at last. It was the Holiday pigeon lie that had ultimately crushed his spirits. And also Kev's threat to use force, of course. Zurg set his tea down as well and sighed, audibly disgruntled. "You want to know what is going on, hmm?" he asked Kev. "Very well, stay here." The monarch got up and soon vanished out of his friend's sight, returning a moment later with - aha! - the red and golden box from before. It was set down before the scaly alien and Zurg turned it so that four tattered holes were staring at him, but that could have gone both ways.

A pair of winking, blue eyes gleamed from the darkness and the cooing noise from before repeated. Coo coo coo...! "Alright, that's enough," Zurg ordered sternly, a firm hand placed on top of the box. Something rustled from within and all became dark and silent. What was inside?

"Look," the monarch began, no longer weaving a tangled web. After he had been tripping all over it, no thanks. "I went through great pains to get one of these for you and it took me the entirety of a day to fix it up. I even missed dinner!" Which had put Jo in a temporary funk that evening. Alas, the things he does for friends. The monarch's tone became less severe and more heartfelt, Zurg continuing, "I know things have been... well, difficult now that Leslie is gone and I didn't want you to be all alone out here with no one else to give you company. Animals are nice but they're not exactly avid conversationalists." Unless either Llama or Biddy learned how to speak Basic and talk, Kev was out of luck.

The monarch patted the box and took a step back, inviting his friend to open it. "Go on, Kev. This is for you and I can think of no one else deserving of it. Happy Holidays."

Well, sport? Were you going to open it?

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:18 pm

Oh...Zurg had had a sad holiday once? That was, um, awkward. Nice sensitivity there, Kev! Yeesh. Though finally, Zurg had stopped with the lies and fessed up. So he was definitely up to something! Though Zurg's disgruntled demeanor made him wonder if he should have just played along. How could he possibly play along with a play though, let alone a Holiday pigeon! Who'd even heard of such a thing?! "Since you're starting to scare me, yes, I'd like very much to know what is going on." And lo did Zurg disappear! Kev grabbed his tea and absorbed a bit more of it before placing it down when Zurg returned. With the box in hand too, see, it was no hallucination after all!

The box was turned to face him, Kev noticing some holes in it now, and something with blue eyes stared back at him. Whatever was inside began to coo much like how Zurg 'had' earlier. Was this some sort of giant pigeon?! He looked to Zurg questioningly. "You missed Holiday dinner?! I've got some toast or something if you want it!" Why had a pigeon given him so much trouble that he missed dinner?! Did he have to experiment around to make it giant in the first place? Zurg's tone dipped into a more sincere and heartfelt one, Kev's eyes softening. It was true, as much as he loved his animals sometimes he felt really lonely out here in the Meadow. It was why he tried to spend as much time in the Sanctuary as he could, so he could be around other people. Though there seemed to be a flaw in this plan. "Wait, you made this pigeon able to talk?" He raised a brow. Perhaps it wasn't a pigeon, then?

When prompted, he stepped forward to the box and carefully unwrapped it, trying not to startle whatever was inside. He peeled the ribbon off and carefully tore the red paper away, prying the box open to reveal...a Myr. Not quite a Myr exactly like Memnarch's, since it seemed a bit smaller. There was almost a bit more life in these optics then there had been in Memnarch's. Kev carefully picked the cooing robot up, looking at Zurg. "You got one of his robots and...worked on him to make him specially for me?" He nuzzled the robot and trilled softly. "He's like Marvin...thank you Zurg. Truly." He looked up at his friend and leaned forward to nuzzle his chest, since his arms were full.

Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:16 am

"Eh? Oh oh! No, that is quite all right, Kev. I missed dinner one night - on the 8th, I believe. You don't have to offer me toast or anything, the tea is plenty enough." Which he needed to finish! So he did, the monarch watching Kev open his gift and preparing himself for what was hopefully a bundle of joy and appreciation. The Myr had been revealed at last!

Due to some previous errors on this RPer's part, the Myr was actually quite tall; not as tall as Kev, but certainly taller than his waist. It was identical to Memnarch's Myr but there were a few minor details. Most notably its glowing blue eyes and a few incision marks where Zurg had used the metal cutter. Aside from that, though, this Myr was in near mint condition! "Yep, I managed to acquire one of his robots and reformatted it into something more negotiable," the monarch nodded. You could tell that he was quite pleased with his handiwork. "Took a bit of string-pulling on my end but I do believe you'll be quite happy with it. Oh! Let me tell you more about the Myr before I let you loose." He stepped further across the room and turned around, clearing his throat. "Alright, so! The Myr's name is Marvin 2.0; you can, of course, shorten that to Marvin if you'd like. I've already programmed it to respond to both. If you haven't been made aware already, Marvin 2.0 responds to voices. You just say its name, followed by a command, and it shall obey."

Naturally there were limits put in place, however.

"I'm certain you're already aware that it cannot kill anyone," Zurg began to explain. "It can aid you in self-defense and sacrifice itself in order to prevent your death, but it cannot be commanded to take another's life. It also cannot harm you, as I have programmed you as the owner." Aside from the monarch himself, who was the creator. What else? Thinking, the monarch snapped his fingers and added, "You don't need to worry about recharging its power back, either. I've installed a model that will last you for a good long while. Technically speaking, you barely have to lift a finger." Which was good, because we all know how Kev handled the star-child.

Hmm, the man seemed to be missing something... Oh, he knew! "I do recall a friend of mine once giving me a kitten to look after," Zurg chuckled, walking behind Kev and resting one hand upon a scaly shoulder. "And now I think it's high time I return the favour. You're going to not only enjoy Marvin 2.0's company, Kev, but you will also have the unique opportunity... to raise it." Sounded pretty daunting, didn't it?

"Speech, mannerisms, beliefs and values... Need I go on?" the monarch inquired rhetorically. "I hate for you to live out here with no one to keep you company, and Marvin 2.0 can help you with the chores and anim - " Zurg never got to finish his sentence.

How could he? Kev was nuzzling him with his shiny, bald head!

The monarch laughed, sincerely laughed, and he returned his friend's companionship. "You're very welcome, Kev. After all the mean and cruel things I've done to you and how you've tolerated my incorrigible behaviour, I think you deserve a little bit of happiness for yourself. Besides, consider this payment for that one gardening session I never honoured, hmm?"

Marvin 2.0 listened to the conversation quietly and processed every word spoken, the Myr clutching onto Kev for security.

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:15 pm

Oh good, that missed dinner was weeks ago! Surely he had made up for that missed dinner in that time! "Good, good, because I think I'm low on bread for toast." He always kept some bread around so that he could feed any guests. Maybe he should look into what other foods were 'customary' for guests to get when they came over...

He inspected his little Myr, taking note of how it was quite tall, nearly Kev's own height! It came up to about his chest, and he embraced the robot quite closely to himself. He quite liked the new optics, they seemed to fit him! He inspected the robot's body and saw some marks, likely from Zurg's handiwork. "He's so cuuute~!" He squealed, bumping Marvin 2.0's head with his own head lightly. "Wooow...I suppose I should make sure Memnarch doesn't see him. He might not like one of his robots being reformatted." Oh, oh, instructions! He faced Zurg attentively.

Marvin 2.0 was the name, a name that Kev would keep. "I think it fits him." Though good thing he answered to Marvin too! He could save Marvin 2.0 as being his full name. If he ever got into shenanigans again? He could holler his full name and make him come running! Little Marvy responded to voices, and would take commands. He nodded to show he understood. He was not quite aware that it couldn't kill anyone, mostly because the possibility didn't enter his head til Zurg mentioned it. He could help defend him, even sacrifice himself to save Kev, but Kev could not go send him to kill some random person. He also could not kill Kev, which was a bonus! "Got it, no killing!" The mention of sacrifice reminded him of Proxy, and how the poor robot had died. Did he have a similar AI that Marvin now had? He'd try to make sure Marvin would never have to do that...

"Oh, no recharging? Good, I was wondering for a moment if I should get him a bed....guess I should find a way to keep him busy at night when I'm asleep." So that he didn't decide to explore, possibly get lost, or get into something. Zurg made his way back to Kev and mused a bit, remembering the gift that became Shalti. "I remember you getting annoyed at me for giving you a kitty as a gift~" He teased lightly. Zurg did not quite like such responsibility being thrust upon him! Thankfully robots were easier than kittens. "Raise him?~" His eyes got the teensiest bit bigger at the thought. Like a robotic child! "Ooh uh...you don't think Nym will get jealous...do you?" The thought came to him suddenly. As much as he could tell he was going to love Marvin, Nym would always be their special furry baby from the sky!

A robot's strength would definitely be of use, perhaps with Marvin here he could finally make that stable he had always thought of making! He was going to have his hands full raising and teaching Marvin, but Marvin was definitely going to give back in different ways that he would appreciate. Nuzzling Zurg was a go, and the taller alien laughed before returning the affection, Kev trilling gently and consistently. He was quite content! "Aaw Zurg, of course~! Besides, sometimes I like your little antics. They make for fun memories~!" Most of them anyway. Such as the time with the Junxidian Silk Strangler. "This is much better than a gardening session.~" He kept an arm around the robot, stroking his head lightly as he clung on for security. He seemed so...new. So young!

Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:14 pm

Oh right, Memnarch. Zurg knew he had forgotten about something! "Eh, I doubt the ambiguous fellow is going to outright care that you have a reformatted Myr," he said with a small shrug of the shoulders. "If anything, he may either admire my handiwork and study Marvin 2.0 or, worst case scenario, he takes immediate abhorrence to it and refuses to recognize its existence. You should be fine." Really, Kev should be!

"And no, no recharging. All you need to do is command Marvin 2.0 to sleep when you turn in for the night." Given that the Myr was more curious than any risk-taking grub, it was probably a smart idea to keep Marvin 2.0 in stasis when in bed. "You'll also need to keep Marvin 2.0 occupied, as it's a dreadfully inquisitive bugger," Zurg added. Cosmos, was that true. Speaking of raising things, the monarch had been very annoyed when Kev had given him Shalti. In fact, that annoyance was still evident on the alien's face! "I was annoyed because having a kitten on Planet Z at the time with deadly factories was a poor combination," he grumbled irritably. What would have happened if Shalti got stuck in a pipe? Or worse, caught between a few gears! "Yes, raise it. You're going to raise Marvin 2.0 and you are going to be lonely no longer."

Nym being jealous? Yet another thing the monarch had forgotten.

Zurg tapped the front of his veil and gave this some thought before answering, "I don't think so, Kev. I know Nym is possessive of us and to a startling degree, but I'm sure he'll take a liking to Marvin 2.0 regardless. Besides, the Myr is here to help you around the cottage and take care of the animals. Nym lives with Aya and quite far away." The contact should be minimal.

Hooray! wrote:"This is much better than a gardening session.~"
    Success~! This brought a smile to Zurg's otherwise eternally-scowling face and he was quite glad to see his friend in better spirits. For a while Kev had been straddling a worrisome line and the monarch felt concerned. "And if I didn't like your antics then you and I would have been like oil and water," he joked. "Anyway, I best be going. I don't want to take up all of your day and you have much to do with the Myr. Isn't that right, Marvin 2.0?"

Indeed it was, and the Myr faithfully nodded its head with a soft - coo! All the affection and attention it was receiving did wonders for its anxieties, and the small machine was content to linger.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:01 am