Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Re: [!] For Those of You...

Post by Space Pirate Ryoko on Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:53 pm

Final greetings were exchanged, and in short order, once the gathered party had assured Jherrek that they knew what they were getting into here, it seemed that the Syn'ya was set to announce just what his risky plan was. Ryoko watched as he opened the book he had pulled out of his pocket, her focus still rather set despite the way that Xiao was trying to use her spiky hair to help tether herself back down from the sights before them… that did make her smirk ever so slightly in amusement after a while, though.

As the book flashed in Jherrek's face, Ryoko noted the way that the two visuals he had summoned suddenly disappeared before moving to show an altered from of Uriel, as though he and Niddhogg had fused into one. Now this was way too familiar to the former space pirate…

Ryoko kept her attention on this new image as Jherrek spoke, taking in the explanation given for what was going on with Uriel, what he had become, the way that the dragon had taken him over, everything… right before proposing that they try to separate Niddhogg from Uriel. Now that was a plan if she ever heard one… of course it wasn't going to be easy, otherwise things might not have got to this point… and otherwise it would have been easier to beat that world-eater into submission back in the park. The way he was bonded to Uriel right now was definitely going to make things tricky, but a glimmer of hope seemed to appear as Jherrek explained that he could undo the runes that would help them in this task.

"Compliant or not, we'll make sure that you can undo them… if you ask me, Niddhogg has overstayed his welcome inside your brother, so it's high time we got him out."

Crossing her arms as Jherrek went on to explain what this new mark was and how he had studied the runes, Ryoko raised her eyebrows slightly when he mentioned that if this were to work, that Uriel would never have his wings or halo again. It was good that he would be restored to himself, but how much would that price actually be? As far as accepting what he had done regardless of the influence of Niddhogg… well, the former space pirate was pretty sure that wouldn't take too much if any convincing… but hopefully, the band here could help out with that when the time came.

As Jherrek moved to make sure everyone understood, Ryoko looked over to him, thinking for a moment before stating, "Yeah, I understand. There's one thing though… I know that bringing Uriel back is the most important thing here… but how much of him will truly be restored if he's not able to wear his wings and halo again?"

She knew that he would be changed, but… just how big a change were they talking about here? Ryoko knew that Uriel would be saved regardless, and she was more than ready to take down Niddhogg… but was there not a way to just pull the dragon out and defeat him without changing Uriel at the core?
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 51

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:37 pm

Whilst she was questioning her own ability to focus on the task at hand and any upcoming battles when a team-member was an very tall, leopard warrior, Jherrek pulled out a book. The squirrel's ears flicked, her attention shifted and she was away from doubtful imaginings and worrying about what they might have to do now. The worry in turn shifted again to confusion mixed with surprise further mixed with awe as the bok appeared to be emitting a bright light amongst its pages. Even Lord Vaati's really fancy books didn't do that! Or if she did, they all came with careful warnings of no-touchy (Xiao's words, not Vaati's).

Then came the new image of Uriel and she frowned, deeply. All this frowning cannot be good for her complexion. Why on earth would anybody need so many horns?! Right, you can give fashion advise later because no mater how you look at this new Uriel, he wasn't quite like her old friend at all.

...And Jherrek uses some fancy words which were taking its time unscrambling in her brain.. Thankfully, the yaojing only misinterpreted the words thrice - a new record - before she realised that whilst she may not understand each term and how it came to be, she got the general gist of the explanation.

"I understand.... I think."

The thought of taking away his wings though... "What about the part of him that always plays music? I can't imagine Uriel without music. It's his life, is it not? KoKo is right, exactly how much change is this going to be? And what of the dragon after we separate it from him?"

.....you know, dragon souls are suppose to be very yummy...that was probably a very bad idea there, Xiao.
    Arro
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 52

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    570/570  (570/570)
    Stamina Bar:
    104/104  (104/104)

Post by Arro on Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:03 am

Everyone had answered Jherrek's fair warnings with whole hearts. Guin adding a vow to end the dragon's reign of tyranny. Was he reigning tyranny just yet? Arro wasn't sure. The first he'd heard of this, Uriel's most recent relapse, had been from Jherrek. Not from the burned remains of a city or a pile of abandoned corpses... The dragon, the dragon, no matter his transgressions, had a name. Among Xiao's tone he sensed an underlying restraint, which he supposed he should appreciate, but secretly he willed her to speak as she truly desired instead of pretending to be something she wasn't. Sometimes he liked an excuse to be angry. Platitudes, for the most part, were just another way of lying. But... he'd since lost the ability to care about the callousness of strangers; the idle thoughts of others passed over him like water over cold steel. What Jherrek had to say was of vastly greater imperative. And all other thoughts gave way accordingly.

This was the first he'd heard of Uriel being Nithokkr's jailer. For some reason he'd always assumed up until now that someone else had used Uriel for their own ends, forcing him to take on that burden. The suggestions of this were conflicting. Did Uriel do it to strengthen himself? Or had he, in a last ditch effort to prevent Nithokkr from completing some act of destruction, taken him into his body when defeating the drai seemed impossible?

Jherrek had replaced the images of Uriel and Nithokkr with a manipulation depicting his brother as he appeared now. Similar to how he looked when possessed in the burning forest, but the ratio of drai to edmr was skewed in greater favor of Nithokkr this time around. An assurance that as Jherrek suggested, Nithokkr was in greater control.

He was admittedly relieved when Jherrek suggested separating the two entities. Beating Nithokkr back into submission wasn't a solution to the problem. Considering this was the second time in his knowledge that Nithokkr had taken control, it was only likely to continue occurring. And if this abuse took a toll on Uriel's body, then he may not be able to even survive continuous relapses if the pattern was permitted to go on. The mention of this unbinding stripping the boy from his wings drew pause. Harming ones wings was as close to taboo in drai culture as you could get. He couldn't imagine being flightless after living on the air for the majority of his fledged life. He'd seen drai with broken or even completely missing wings. They survived, barely. But the spark had gone out from them. Whenever they passed through the catacomb halls a polite hush would fall over all present. They were beyond pity, to pity an elder drai in such a state was an insult. But some did so anyway, and he could see the anger it drew from those effected. They lived nobly in positions of influence and grew stronger bulkier bodies than the airborne, but they were never complete again.

But Uriel wasn't drai. Arro couldn't impose his own feelings in this endeavor on an person who wasn't even present. This was a decision Jherrek had to make for his brother. Personally, Arro would still rather be flightless than be forced into subservience by another.

Arrogath waited for the questions of the others to be answered, then broached his own. His inquiries were more concerned with the practicality of what they were about to undertake. Uriel and Nithokkr needed to be separated, that much was undeniable. If he was a danger he should be killed, not delayed and hidden away where he could bide his time until taking hold of the Syn'ya again.

"Nithokkr is drai, but he is drai of another kind. His capabilities may be different from what I'm familiar with. What do you know of his history within your own world? I've had a taste of him in the burning woods, but if there's more to be expected I'd like to learn of it now."

As always his voice was rough from a foreign tongue, and his words pretenseless.
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:28 pm

So they were all in agreement then! Though since they had answered the bulletin pamphlet, perhaps that was a given. Still, if anyone had had second thoughts that would have been their out, but it seems they were second thought-less. Nowhere to go but forward! He directed his attention to the feline headed man, pushing away the impulse to stroke behind the man's ears and coo over him. Even if his head was a rather large, predatory kitty, he looked so cute! His whiskers were moving about so adorably! Oooh! Though he had a feeling the Leopard Warrior would uh...take offense to such a thing. The season's blessing him with fortune? Must be his way of hoping his year had been good. Had it been good? Eh...it'd been a mixed bag, but nothing the Warrior needed to worry himself over. "Oh yes! I've been very fortunate. You?" What kind of ventures had the Warrior gotten himself into?

He looked back to Jherrek as he pulled some more fancy rune tricks. In this case, making the Uriel and dragon figures into runes again, then combining them to mimic what Uriel was like now. Uriel made a deal, possibly under the influence of dragon jerk, and renounced what he was. He knew Jherrek was partially angel, but he didn't know Uriel was too! Renouncing the angel thingy meant that he was becoming twisted and turning into something else, something the dragon guy seemed to cling onto. The game plan was basically to break them apart, put some runes on the dragon to bind him and also undo the ones that kept him on Uriel. Sounded easy enough! Though how were they going to separate them? Jherrek showed them another rune, one of their God. It would restore Uriel's powers, though he wouldn't have his wings or halo, and he had to admit that he was wrong. "Why would it be hard? I'm sure if he's separated from the dragon he'll realize that what happened was wrong." Seeing how it was making him revert to a scaly dragon beast and all.

Jherrek asked if they understood and the others asked some rather good questions. "I understand, though I'm curious. How are we going to separate them? Something tells me it won't be as simple as separating an egg shell and its yolk." Depending on how attached to each other they were, that is.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Grodus
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 37

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    410/410  (410/410)
    Stamina Bar:
    74/74  (74/74)

Post by Grodus on Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:24 am

For his part, Grodus watched these latest visual aids patiently, seeing no reason to interrupt so the explanation of the plan got out of the way. The mention of a pact between Uriel and the dragon piqued his interest. He did know of some schools of summon magic that required similar pacts between a mage and a spirit of great power. Generally said pacts only worked if both parties were willing participants; one might have to prove their strength to whatever they were trying to pact with, but after that was done, the agreement was made and the summoner could then call the spirit at will.

This was a somewhat different circumstance, given Niddhog and Uriel looked to have combined their power, but the common thread that they both had to agree with it was still there. That was where the trouble lied, and Grodus said as much in response to Kev's question. "It will be difficult because even if the dragon may have had some influence on this Uriel, there was still something in the boy that agreed with what it wanted. Trying to convince him otherwise will take some effort, if it is not completely impossible."

There were more questions, and as they also seemed to be sorcery-related, the technomage tried to answer those, too. "I imagine the moment our host here breaks the binding runes, and then casts that Mark, the two should separate permanently. The price is to be expected; it is either equivalent exchange or simply that gods never want anything of theirs to be taken for granted or used lightly."

At Jherrek's plea, Grodus nodded, not really out of sympathy but just in the knowledge that this had to be done. No one wanted a possessed Uriel rampaging around the Breach anymore, did they? Taking Nidhogg out of the picture would mean less competition for him, to boot. "Yes, I understand . . . this path may be a difficult choice, but it's the only correct one in the end."
    Guin
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 25

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    300/300  (300/300)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

Post by Guin on Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:01 pm

"I have seen better days," the Leopard Warrior calmly responded to Kev's question.

And the same could be said of Uriel, who had, according to his concerned brother's words, made an unsanctioned pact with the dragon plaguing him within. As both Jherrek and others were quick to rationalize, separating the two was an option; one that came with its fair share consequences, however. If Uriel were removed from the dragon's influence and the two beings became sequestered, the boy would lose his wings and halo. Such an act must be unbearable to their blessed kind. In return, the dragon would lose a vassal but that was hardly an equivalent exchange. "A frustrating riddle," said the warrior aloud. "Using this rune, this Mark of the Revenant, is a path we may take in freeing your brother's will from the dragon's tyrannical clutches." A dictator, after all, need not leave burning corpses in their wake to still be cruel and controlling. It was often too late when cities were razed to the ground and families were left to mourn their dead. "That having been said," the Leopard Warrior continued, "your brother will be stripped of his divinity and consequently traumatized for the rest of his life." Such an act may be inconceivable and the boy, while perhaps having some fault to blame, must be considered.

"If the dragon has broken out from its imprisonment within Uriel then it will do so again. This much is certain. However, would it be possible to seal the dragon into another vessel?" he asked. One that could not be as easily influenced or corrupted? "Forgive me for not knowing of your customs and practices, but perhaps there are other alternatives for us to consider. Back on your world, Jherrek, you may have been limited to possibilities. Here, in a realm where worlds collide, there could be new doors open to you with a chance where your brother can be saved intact."

The decision ultimately lied with Jherrek, however. "Whatever you choose, I stand behind it. Should you decide to use the Mark of the Revenant and do what you feel is right, my blade remains yours. And should you wish to exhaust other means of saving your brother and his sanctity, it too remains yours." The Leopard Warrior only wished to spare Jherrek of any regrets that came with either choice.
    Jherrek
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Level : 20

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    250/250  (250/250)
    Stamina Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)

Post by Jherrek on Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:36 pm

Jherrek takes a deep breath before actively listening to the others. It's truly taking all he has to not just tell them to follow him and play it by ear. However, some of these people deserve explanations, and he wasn't rude per se, just far too urgent in this matter. He wants this done and over with just as much as the next friend of Uriel's.

Ryoko wrote: "Yeah, I understand. There's one thing though… I know that bringing Uriel back is the most important thing here… but how much of him will truly be restored if he's not able to wear his wings and halo again?"
    Xiao Xiao wrote: "What about the part of him that always plays music? I can't imagine Uriel without music. It's his life, is it not? KoKo is right, exactly how much change is this going to be? And what of the dragon after we separate it from him?"
    Guin wrote:"Forgive me for not knowing of your customs and practices, but perhaps there are other alternatives for us to consider. Back on your world, Jherrek, you may have been limited to possibilities. Here, in a realm where worlds collide, there could be new doors open to you with a chance where your brother can be saved intact."

Jherrek sighs a bit, not really wanting to go into this, for fear of making out his brother to be the villian. But as it seems, it can't be helped. He puts his arms behind his back, his eyes flash silver and his hair seems blown back by the wind, when there is none.

"I... I believe Uriel has already changed himself. He has already... shed his halo and wings. He is no longer Syn'ya. What he has done to himself is turned... Fallen. In your terms literally demonized himself. Whatever changes to Uriel that would be affected by the Mark of the Revenant would be beneficial, if he so desired to be rid of Niddhogg. I don't mean to strip him of anything but the Beast, only restore him. So he may have a second chance. Thus is the way of our culture. Forgiveness. He has commited one of the ultimate taboos in shirking his inheritance. So, to put it blatantly, this is his only chance at... at being our friend again. For as of right now, only Niddhogg and himself matter."

His eyes turn into silver disks at this, not showing any outward emotion, but the curse of the Syn'yas' power betrays him. Emotions tie directly into his divine presence.

Jherrek then goes on to answer the technical, less emotional, questions...

"Arrogath: I believe Niddhogg is just an overpowered version of most dragons. He was said to be the eater of the World-Tree, Yggdrasil, imprisoned beyond our dimensions, which would explain his immense size. When my world was destroyed, he saw his chance and took flight above his prison and wrought havoc upon the world known as Earth. That is all I truly know, other than his mastery over his peculiar fire, which seems to feed him in some way. Yes, Kev, it won't be simple to remove the two beings from each other, but the difficulty lies mostly in how we subdue Uriel. That is just physical difficulty; in any way possible, we must hold him down and I can undo the runes, which I have done on many occasion, and I am still very adept at doing so. All it takes is a quick casting and I can pull the metaphorical plug on the bindings. It's quite like untying a knot. However, what will happen to Niddhogg when this happens is a mystery to me. My brother has always been one to make...interesting and unique situations. The question for whether or not we can seal Niddhogg in another vessel... I do not know. I don't even know how my brother did this in the first place. He was very powerful once, but this place weakened him as the rest of us have been weakened. So our best option is to perform this feat, then deal with Niddhogg in a secondary action. The Beast most likely will flee after defeat, or simply attack us head on in his weakened state. I believe we are all strong enough to deal with such an encounter."

He says this with finality, bringing his hands up and crossing his arms before speaking once more.

"I have already tracked his location to someplace in the mountains, he's never been hard to find. Burning fields and loud music and all. It's like he wants someone to find him. I'll be expecting a trap, but you can't exactly sneak up on this guy, so our best bet is to fight fire with fire. I'm sure Niddhogg will resist us, so we will have to fight for both Uriel's life and our own. When everyone is ready, I suggest we meet at this location..."

Jherrek waves his hand and the visualization shows Jherrek's flight through his eyes, accenting on an area on the edge of forest and right before mountains. A swath of fire and ashes marks the haphazard treck of the World-eater, directly to a pass in the mountains. Easily tracked indeed.
    Space Pirate Ryoko
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 48

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Space Pirate Ryoko on Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:37 pm

Ryoko was glad to hear Xiao echo her own concern about just what was going to be at stake for Uriel here, just as she appreciated the Leopard Warrior's extrapolation from that general idea. This was a pretty incredible world after all, and the former space pirate had seen many, many things happen… even though the plan that Jherrek proposed was a good albeit finite one, surely they could see if there were other possibilities that yielded the same overall goal that they sought. When she got right down to it, she knew that the most important thing was to rid Uriel and this world of that dragon… but as with any big undertaking, one thing she had learned from her mother was that if you could, you stopped to make sure if there was any way to get a good end result with minimal consequences.

There were going to be consequences here no matter what they did… but that was exactly why they were meeting before just rushing off to face Uriel, even with as satisfying as that might have been.

Whilst Arro was focused on Niddhogg himself and by effect the world the two Syn'ya came from, Kev added to the concern of the separation of the two beings. Grodus answered that as best he could, showing that he apparently had some experience with things of a more magical nature… interesting. Hopefully that separation he touched on would be just that simple, then.

As much as Jherrek seemed to be ready to just set out and take care of business, he did at least give the gathered party the courtesy of being able to learn more about just what they were getting into here. After all, they had each agreed to help out in this quest, so they deserved at least that much. Once the Syn'ya began to speak though, Ryoko simply blinked. Wait… Uriel had already changed? He'd already shed his halo and wings? … Why didn't he say that the first time?! As bad as that was, at least it made the likely end result even a LITTLE more bearable to live with!

Ryoko nodded as Jherrek confirmed what she had already gathered about Uriel only losing that damned World-Eater and being restored to himself. A second chance… yeah, pretty much everyone deserved a second chance. She'd been given one, after all… and as she was still living in hers, although she had only just got to know Uriel a few months ago, she wanted to do as much as she could to help the Syn'ya gain his.

"Well, if he's no longer Syn'ya, then that makes the end result easier to work with… it's a shame he shed both his halo and wings, though," noted Ryoko, letting out a sigh. "I'm glad he has a chance at forgiveness and restoration… so I really hope this plan of yours works."

It sounded like a pretty good one, at least… all things considered, it really wasn't that bad. Hopefully Uriel would be able to live with the consequences of what he'd done… but even with as painful as that could be, not getting a second chance was likely to be an even worse outcome for him. Speaking of outcomes, it sounded like there was still a question of what would happen once the runes were undone. Sealing that dragon in another vessel… now that had the chance to be tricky.

"Have you got any ideas for what that secondary vessel might be, or should we try to get one before we set out? I'm sure Washu has something we can use, and I could get it almost instantly," offered Ryoko. Hell, she could teleport back to the lab, touch base with her mother, and be back with something in less than a minute. Whether the vessel was already on hand or not though, Ryoko did perk up slightly as Jherrek announced that he had figured out where Uriel was at present. She nodded at the suggestion for them meeting at the location in the mountains he had triangulated, right before she glanced to the new display of a certain area just between the forest and mountains. Huh… that would be easy enough to find… especially with the path that had been burned through…

"Yeah, I'm ready whenever you guys are… and Ryo-Ohki here could help most of us get there quickly," stated Ryoko, gesturing to the cabbit on her shoulder. "You can ride with us or fly separately if that works for you, Arro. I could get everyone else there in her ship form."

Last edited by Space Pirate Ryoko on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    Arro
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    570/570  (570/570)
    Stamina Bar:
    104/104  (104/104)

Post by Arro on Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:38 am

Jherrek revealed his fear that Uriel was already beyond the point of no return. This simplified things but wasn't a definite answer. Nithokkr was still majorly an unknown. He possessed power beyond that of his body and otherworldly size, his fire was unnaturally produced by the sound of it. More like a magic than the laaith. It would likely do no good to use his own fire against him, though he already assumed this prospect during their first encounter. All the more evidence to back that prior decision up.

As others began expressing the idea of imprisoning Nithokkr again, Arro felt drawn to voice his conclusions. As sparsely informed as they were...

"Depositing Nithokkr inside a new container doesn't solve our problem, it only delays the solution. If he can't be reasoned with and is intent on doing harm he must be killed. However if we consider what we know so far of Uriel's actions this may not be possible.

There are two scenarios as I see them, either Uriel imprisoned Nithokkr within himself because he was unable to kill him and it was the only way to prevent Nithokkr from doing further harm. Or Uriel did so to take advantage of Nithokkr's power. I cannot say I know Uriel well enough to decide which may have been the case. If it's the former, then why imprison Nithokkr within himself? Why not an inanimate object? It must be because to contain Nithokkr a living host is required. But then why himself, why not something more fleeting like a squirrel? Something of greater power then, something intelligent may have been necessary. Which would have left only Uriel. As I'm opposed to abduction if we were to repeat this feat we would need a volunteer, and as everyone who's expressed concern in Uriel is already here, it would have to be one of us."

He finally paused.

"I prefer to give Nithokkr his death, but if we have no other choice than we should decide who'd take on the burden of a new host, until we can finish him properly. Ryoko, if Washu can fabricate something that is able to replicate the power and signature of a physical body then that may work. If it doesn't and this event is forced on ourselves I volunteer to be the vessel."

He flexed his scales experimentally, sending them rippling down his back in a cascade. His eyes flashed thoughtfully.

"And yes I'm fine with flying. I prefer it that way."

He did not take kindly to Nithokkr laying waste to his territory, and was eager to show him just how displeased that made him. As Jherrek said, Nithokkr would know this would draw them in. The near certainty of it being a trap only made Arro more certain he didn't want to be in a massive starship while on the way there.

Last edited by Arro on Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 51

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:57 am

For once, Xiao wasn't mesmerised by the lovely hair that blew in the non existent breeze. Instead, she was bit her lower lip fiercely and her hands clenched the ends of her her sleeves as she stared at the floor. Uriel… had changed already. His halo and wings were gone… She had seen him in the forest when the dragon in him took over, yes he took on a different form but once the dragon settled back down, Uriel had returned to normal, right? So he could be returned again, yes?

But the silver haired Syn'ya was his brother. Surely he wouldn’t lie about something he was most knowledgeable about. She can't even imagine what it would be like not to be able to fly anymore. But surely it must be better than being controlled and contorted into somebody and thing you're not? She wasn't sure about all this.... If it's the only way to save him then, sure, let’s go,  but is it really the only way? She had no right to ask that though because she neither knew how their culture, body or magic work nor could she think of any alternative options that could help her friend regain his old freely flying self.

Honestly, she just wanted to either curl in her room and wish this was a bad dream or punch Uriel in the face for all this.  Jherrek's plans obviously does not include any curling up and ignore the world but if all goes well, it should hopefully have some Uriel punching so Xiao suppose there was some good in this.... even if she wished she didn't have to feel like hurting her friend in the first place.

There was more talk about how they will separate the dragon from Uriel and how it might had came to be that they were together in the first place. She nodded glumly along until…

Fleeting...squirrel… something of greater power and intelligence required…

Xiao tail dropped, ears flat against her head and she ducked her head, almost wanting to hide behind Ryoko but not moving from her spot in fear that any movement would draw further attention on herself. Forget curling up in her room. She just wanted to curl up somewhere on this rooftop and hide in shame NOW.

Yes, she admits to being inferior. She was but a lowly squirrel, not even the eldest of her family, nor the smartest, prettiest, wisest, cutest, toughest or strongest. She knew. She knew very, very well but was there really a reason to say something like that? Weren’t dragons suppose to be wise and powerful? At least according to the beliefs of her own world… surely, they wouldn’t be careless with their words to let something like that slip in. If it wasn’t a careless slip then it meant he said it on purpose and that was even worse.

Then Arro stepped forward to volunteered himself as a vessel, Xiao blinked…. what? The frown deepened and she almost wanted to lift her head back up and stare at Arro in confusion. Was THAT your purpose, embarress her to promote yourself? The squirrel chewed her lip again, this time to control herself from crying. You jerk! You mean bean! She didn’t have a good first impression of you but she was at least (albeit reluctant) willing to not be completely antisocial and disrespectful to you. You’re a dragon! Do you really NEED to do that? The emotional, petty side of her wanted to wave her hands and loudly shout ‘No, I would be the vessel since I am just a fleeting squirrel of ungreat power and mediocre to poor intelligence - the perfect host, see?’

BUT, she paused, the cowardly and probably a lot more reasonably side took over. Offering herself up as a vessel for a being she was unfamiliar with and bound with magic that she was also unfamiliar with was just turning herself into a disaster waiting to explode in the faces of herself, her family and her friends. Arro may be capable of it since dragons are supposed to be stronger both in body and in soul - unless he wanted to break that image she had of them as well. If the dragon wanted to offer himself up to become the next major event several months down the line, Xiao was rather fine with that. After all, she was just a fleeting creature of unsuitable intelligence and inferior power. What gave HER a right to question a dragon’s choice?

She could maybe offer to devour this world ending dragon’s soul and saved them from all the misery in the long run but: one, for a strong soul of this kind it would need to be broken into bitesize pieces and devoured piece by piece over time so that it doesn’t ruin havoc in her magic and body; two, she had no knowledge of how to store soul pieces in chunks for long periods of time; and, three, courtesy of THIS dragon, she is now in the poutiest and most petty mood possible. Fine then. Be the vessel. See if she cared. She doesn't even want to touch your soul. It might give her indigestion. Jerk.

"Hmph," she sniffed a little haughtily. It was the only response she to gave after all the circling she did in her mind. Xiao straightened up, lifted her head and her eyes focused on the cabbit on Ryoko’s shoulder. She reached up and scratched it between the ears with new found determination. “I’m fine with flying with like that. When do we leave? Now?”

Everything else, she was holding her tongue.
    Grodus
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 37

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    410/410  (410/410)
    Stamina Bar:
    74/74  (74/74)

Post by Grodus on Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:14 am

At the admission of Uriel having lost his wings and halo already, Grodus just seemed to shrug. "You could have said that in the first place, you know. Oh well, it's not like it truly matters in the long run, given there was nothing we could do about it."

Ohoho, what was this? Was there a bit of dissent among the ranks starting up just now? The technomage rolled his eyes behind those obscuring lenses. Really now, that girl with the tail was likely some sort of squirrel creature, remarking that squirrels were fleeting was perhaps not the smartest of ideas. So long as Xiao Xiao and big and scaly there didn't let it interfere with their job or only took it out on each other, Grodus didn't really care either way.

What he did care about was that mention of the little furry critter on Ryoko's shoulder . . . did he hear that right? "That little ball of fur can turn into a starship? Oh, I simply must see how that works..."
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:01 am

Kev looked over attentively as Grodus answered his question. Right...there was some part of Uriel that wanted to be taken over by the dragon. Perhaps for power. Perhaps for the chance to be the guy who could actually hurt people, by binding with a dragon. "Good point..." It was an unfortunate circumstance, sometimes people wanted power and they'd do anything to get it. Even make a dreadful mistake. "It won't be easy, but we can try! Uriel's a nice guy...despite whatever made him agree to do this." Perhaps he did not realize. More talk of runes, Grodus' theory that once the binding ones were broken and the mark cast, the two would be separated. He 'hmm'ed to himself, imagining such a situation and finding himself agreeing with the Leopard Warrior. With Uriel saved, what were they to do with the dragon left behind? If they left him to his own devices he'd probably try to take over someone else. Could they store him in something? Perhaps a box? He turned to Jherrek for answers.

So Uriel's wings and halo were already gone. Doing this to himself had sort of rid him of those aspects. "Yikes..." He could do that to himself through sheer will? ...Sheer will and a dragon, but mostly sheer will? That was pretty neat. Its not like Kev could will away his arm, after all. Due to Uriel doing that, the Mark was his last chance for being how he used to be. "A shame its come to this..." To a point where Jherrek couldn't even completely bring Uriel back to what he once was.

More questions answered, most of them flying over Kev's head. The key for separating the two was subduing Uriel, pinning him down so Jherrek could do what he had to. He nodded, yes, he could subdue! As for the dragon, it seems not even Jherrek knew what would happen. His likely guesses were fleeing and attacking. "Yeah, we could attack him! Strike him down, fast and hard." He even knew where he was, the mountains! Leaving behind a mess of fire and loud music to hit the ears, he'd left almost a trail. Like breadcrumbs. A trap? Very likely. He eyed the area shown by Jherrek, eyes widening a bit at the sight of the fire. A shame the dragon was a jerk! Kev looked over at Ryoko, who offered a ride. On her...bunny-cat? Wait, ship form? He blinked. "Your pet can turn into a ship? I bet that's handy!" How interesting!

He looked to Arro as the dragon spoke his own thoughts, thinking that the dragon would need a living vessel in order to be contained. "If its like you said and he sealed the dragon inside himself for the power, than that's probably exactly why he did it. He probably needs to be sealed in or with you to give it. Otherwise, you'd have a dragonesque squirrel flying around!" He suggested even that one of them could be a new vessel. "I dunno..." After a bit more talk, in the situation that the dragon was unable to be killed, Arro offered himself up! "What if he makes use of your power and corrupts you? Then we'll have an even bigger problem on our hands." Uriel was bad enough but a dragon possessing a dragon? A double dragon? That could be dangerous. A little confused, but still ready, Kev nodded to Xiao Xiao. "Sure, if everyone's ready! I know I am. Does anyone need to go back for supplies?"

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Guin
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 25

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    300/300  (300/300)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

Post by Guin on Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:33 pm

So then it was already too late for the boy. An unfortunate circumstance but, perhaps, one that has been ordained by Fate's wheel for some unknown, clandestine purpose. Hmm... Their tapestries were starting to become uncertain.

Arro wrote:"Depositing Nithokkr inside a new container doesn't solve our problem, it only delays the solution."
    Arro wrote:"If it doesn't and this event is forced on ourselves I volunteer to be the vessel."
    "No," interjected the Leopard Warrior. He drew his resolute gaze upon their draconic ally and further said, "As much as your sacrifice is noble and just, using you for the vessel will only prove troublesome when Fate wishes to collect the results of our choices on this eve. Niddhogg is a dragon and, while it is unlikely that he is an identical force from where you hail, he may exploit your soul far easier than he did Uriel's. It is a reckless decision if we allow your body to become Niddhogg's prison. A squirrel, in this regard, may serve for a better vessel than a dragon's." But now this was just becoming a topic of semantics when there a task to be fulfilled. Turning to the one known as Ryoko, the Leopard Warrior had taken an interest in what she said. "I have fought alongside Washu," he stated quietly. A powerful woman and incredibly so. Her assistance in liberating the Ss'ruul was not forgotten in the warrior's mind. "If she can create a dummy vessel for us and somehow find a way to seal Niddhogg within it long enough for a fitting method of disposal to be found, then I would say that is our best alternative should fighting the dragon become dire."

However, again, it all rested on Jherrek's shoulders and the Leopard Warrior was not about to defy Uriel's brother. When the world burned and the corruption spread, it was all but inevitable.

The time was now closer to departure and the scarcely-clad man decided, "I will fly with Ryo-Ohki." He had seen what the little creature had done firsthand, which meant size and demeanour were not always accurate indicators of power and intelligence. The Leopard Warrior shook his head at Kev, symbolizing that he had no supplies to bring or return for.

Whenever you were ready, Jherrek.
    Jherrek
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Level : 20

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    250/250  (250/250)
    Stamina Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)

Post by Jherrek on Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:18 pm

Jherrek simply stands still and lets the conversation dwindle to semantics. The plan is a good one, being it's one that he had of course it's a good one. He straightens his back and observes the group, taking in what he has to work with for the first time. He knows the squirrel demon has some sort of magickal prowess, and the Grodus character seems to be knowledgeable in such abilities as well. Guin and Arrogath both seem perfectly fine being the warriors they are. Kev has been here the longest out of all the group, so he definitely can hold his own. The only mystery is this Ryoko woman that Uriel had met before apparently. He brings his hand up to his chin and his eyes glow silver as his mind works, giving her a long once-over before returning his attention to Arro, who had offered himself as a sacrifice.

"I'm sorry Arro, but I could hardly let you be subject to what my brother has gone through, and the others are right, we don't want Niddhogg infesting anyone else. I agree with you fully on your latter point. His life must be ended. He doesn't belong on this Gamma, He will do nothing but devour. And we seem to have reached a consensus. And this ship of yours, Ryoko, That would cut my flight time, and I'm more than ready to leave. Our plan is simple and I believe we can work this all out."

Jherrek walks to the edge of the Stock Pot Inn's roof and flicks his wrist at the runes around him. They all disappear and become red energy, the warming glyphs returning to his tome in a manner of seconds.

"I'm ready when you all are, any finer details we can discuss on the way there, the situation is dire after all."

Jherrek would enter Ryo-Ohki's ship form without hesitation.

{Sorry for the lateness everyone! I'll be better now that things have calmed down here at home. If Ryoko does start her ship up, assume Jherrek walks in and sits. I'll post a new thread in the mountains!}
    Arro
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    570/570  (570/570)
    Stamina Bar:
    104/104  (104/104)

Post by Arro on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:13 pm

As he finished speaking he heard a sheepish noise. His ears drew his gaze to Xiao for a small moment, and he became aware that she'd taken offense to something he'd said. He figured through a similar scent and shared attributes that it was his use of squirrels as an example of something unlikely to house Nithokkr that unsettled her. But he wasn't sure why.

Arro had only met Xiao once before, and though he'd seen her change into and out of rodent form he hadn't assumed she was a rodent herself. Squirrels had no special powers where he came from, nor could they speak the edmr tongue, and as far as he'd observed they weren't any different here. The breach had been his first introduction to magic, and demons, and it was predominated by edmr who had these powers. With beings such as himself the exception. Xiao to him was a powerful shape-shifting humanoid, with hairy ears and a large bushy tail. Who smelled a lot like the rodents she liked to change into.

But it became clear to him from her demeanor that Xiao did not see herself this way. He stared at her oddly for an estranged second, then his attention was drawn to those addressing him. He was uncertain why she thought he was referring to her. But if she wanted a reason to hate him she could have it. Appeasing her was a waste of time.

Arrogath listened to Kev and then looked to the Leopard Warrior as he voiced his own thoughts.

He shook his head "Not the point", he grunted. Rejecting the assumption that his motives lay in martyrdom.

"It's not about sacrifice, it's about having a back up plan. If nothing else works and we're forced to put Nithokkr back in someone before he burns the mountains, who'll that be? It doesn't have to be me, but it's a possibility and something that should be considered. If only as a temporary reprieve until we can release Nithokkr again and finish him off."

Arro didn't believe he'd be at greater risk of possession. Though he and Nithokkr both fit the description of dragons, their difference of origin was likely to defeat any benefit or detriment that any real relation would have incurred. He looked like drai, and he was drawn to his familiarity, but their blood was not the same blood. Put it under a microscope and he wasn't certain there'd be similarities. They were shadows of the same coin, the same idea, but not the same reality. He was still coming to terms with how this new universe he lived in worked, but he'd puzzled out that much.

He nodded to Jherrek. They didn't have the time to stand around any longer. He could see Nithokkr's death, it wasn't quixotic, but he felt a familiar wheel turning as he imagined it. A formerly transpired path rolling into view as they slipped off the course they'd prepared. He could see the wheel rolling into that old bloody rut, but just as easily the wind blowing it onto virgin ground.

Any further debate was up to those riding inside Ryo-Ohki. They were at the helm.

He'd offered his forced skepticism, all left now for him was to fight. To rip Nithokkr out of Uriel and bury his fangs into his hot throat. He flexed his talons in the floor subconsciously, leaving deep lasting gouges.

Future curiosities for whoever used the roof next.

"Let me know when we arrive if the plan changes" he skurred, rising up on his hindlegs as his rough voice eased from his chest. He leaped to the roof of a taller adjacent building in a single lengthy bound. Where he spread his long membranous wings to take flight, casting all around him in shadow, before disappearing into the sky.

Last edited by Arro on Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:07 am