Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Nothing with Ribbons, Please

Post by Randall on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:08 am

TIME: 14:00
    DATE: 12/31/13

You know, the dead of winter was a good time to get some clothing...

Sure, in the monster world, it was optional, and most monsters were quite happy not wearing anything! But here in Portal Breach, it seemed... not necessary, but it seemed like a good option. The plan to get a weapon of his own, a small hand gun, was already in the process... biting and punching and using his own body weight and strength against someone was fine, but when in a hurry or in need of long range... it was better to have a back up plan. Randall wanted to be able to conceal that, along with other weapons, and clothing was in need at this point. It was time for a change anyway, right?

He had even gotten some reading glasses from a drug store, but had only used them in the privacy of his own room. But clothes shopping? Wasn't that a girl thing? He felt so... weird... awkward... that's why Kev was going to be coming with him. Maybe that wasn't the best idea, but Randall wasn't about to go into a clothing store by himself. So there he was, Randall standing outside the boutique in the scarf and mittens he was given and an old jacket he had gotten. It only had two sleeves of course, but it worked for now. Glancing over at the window, Randall made a face of uncertainty...

"Those are some frilly dresses..." sure they were... pretty? But wow was this place fancy... girly... awkward.

KEV, YOU BETTER GET HERE SOON. Randall was considering ditching you! "Stupid winter."
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Nothing with Ribbons, Please

Post by Kev on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:35 pm

It was quite early in the day, and the earlier it is, the colder it was too, which is why Kev made sure to leave the house in winter clothes. A parka, a scarf, and a hat! As well as a heater Jo had made, underneath the parka. He did not leave empty handed, however. A few days back in the Sanctuary, he had gotten a suggestion for his little 'winter' problem. Prixlezub had suggested he get Aya to line some clothes with wool to keep him warm! And since he was going to Aya's anyway, he decided to follow up on this suggestion!

Which is why Randall would soon see what looked to be a bag of multicolored wool with legs coming his way. In reality of course Kev was just carrying the bag in front of himself, peeking over the sides of it to make sure he was going in the right direction, but it definitely was a sight to see. "I hear you on that, Randall! This winter seems to be the coldest yet!" Not that he had an actual estimate of temperatures or anything, of course.

He plodded over to Randall and set the bag down, flexing his arms and rubbing them from the effort of carrying it. "Hope I didn't keep you waiting too long!" Walking and carrying the bag had slowed him down somewhat. With one more stretch, he grabbed the bag back up into his arms and looked over to the door sheepishly. "Mind uh...getting the door?" Maybe he shouldn't have brought the wool along after all? Though surely putting wool in clothes as a lining was easy! Making multiple sleeves though, that was going to be interesting to see.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Randall
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by Randall on Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:05 pm

And there he was... with a bag of cotton candy? Randall blinked slowly trying not to seem interested in the weird colored fluffy bag and looked at Kev instead with a dull expression. "Yeah? Maybe it's part of an apocalypse." They were bound to get one sooner or later, right? "Not too long, I'm just..." being himself? No, just embarrassed of going into a girl place by himself. Made him feel a little weird. "Come on," Randall opened the door for Kev and let him enter first, then followed.

It smelled very nice in here, and if he was interested in fashion, he would admit that the clothing looked nice. "This place is too pretty." Is that a legitimate complaint? There wasn't really much for him to say other than that except look like a confused and lost person in a sea of pretty things. Kev would most likely be the one doing most of the talking before Randall would say another word. "You can get your... whatever... done first..."
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:45 pm

"An apocalypse of cold weather? I sure hope not!" He could hope, but considering how one time the sun was blotted out of the sky? He could totally believe that maybe there was some evil guy in the sky willing the air to get cold and freezing. An ice wizard maybe! Making big ole ice clouds of snow and--nope, nope, getting ahead of himself in this hypothetical situation. Focus on what was really happening! Good, he hadn't been waiting long at all! He skipped ahead and placed his bag down on the ground of Aya's shop. You know, he had never really been here before! They seemed to be in the reception area, but it definitely seemed nice. And look at the flowers! He gravitated to the lilies, sniffing.

"There's no such thing as too pretty, only too ugly!" He took in one more sniff before turning back to his compatriot at hand, just in time for him to offer for Kev to go first. "Oh! Uh...are you sure?" He tilted his head to the side, wincing apologetically. "Your thing is more important anyways, all I'm doing is getting wool sewn into some of my clothes...plus if Aya wants any wool for her own, she can have it. You can go ahead and go first! I don't have anywhere else to be for a while!" Minerva and Jana could handle the shop without him.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 48

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:15 pm

There was the faint chime of bells upon the door, alerting those within the shop that visitors had graced them with a visit. Aya who was situated in the sewing room and humming away as the rhythmic lull of the machine soothed her and gave focus. It was peaceful and that was exactly the way the Draculina was content to have it that way. But things weren't always as planned but still welcomed regardless.

Riiing-Tiiiiiing!

Pausing the sewing machine, she blinked slowly and pushed out from the seat allowing a small moment to stretch. Exiting the sewing room she walked quickly and quietly towards the main area but couldn't help overhearing the conversation of the two people inside her shop. The first voice, she recognized to be none other than Randall. And her shop was too pretty!? Poppycock! Shaking her head, the next voice was obviously Kev and she agreed with his sentiment entirely. The vampire pushed aside the thick curtain that separated the back rooms from the shop's main interior and smiled warmly. "Ah Randall and Kev, funny see you bother here at once." Her eyes fell upon Kev now who appeared to have hands full with something. So this wasn't exactly a visit just to say 'Hello'. "So what might I do for you today?" She was just dying to know what was to be done, as this was a place that specialized in delivering custom orders.
    Randall
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by Randall on Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:26 pm

It didn't take long for Aya to come out as Randall looked around the store a bit more, not really wanting to go first. But... Kev insisted and it was too late as Aya was looking at them both and expecting something. Randall would push Kev in front of him for his order to be done first, but he shrugged and just cleared his throat, ready to explain his request to the seamstress.

"I'm interested in getting some clothing made for me. It'd be nice to have something to wear every so often... Mostly just collared shirts, maybe pants, I don't know. I'm not really a fashion-expert... That he was not. Clothing was not his forte, but as he wished to wear some clothing, he'd like to at least look... decent. Not a slob or anything, especially if he was going to be wearing them out! Better to look clean cut, anyway. Randall then scratched the back of his head before mentioning the second part of his request, the difficult part...

"I'm also interested in having the clothing blend with me when I become invisible. I don't know if that's actually possible at the moment, but I'd like the ability to shift from seen to unseen still. You understand--survival and what not. You wouldn't happen to know of a fabric or anything I could use to help me still do that, would you?" He gave a weak smile at the question and fiddled with his fingers a bit before stating, "I'll pay extra if that helps."
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:02 pm

It didn't take long for the she-vampire to make her appearance, which meant that Randall didn't have time to insist that Kev go first! Success, Randy gets to be the first customer! "Hi Aya! Yeah, I came with Randall!" Either for moral support or for an excuse as to why they were going to a clothing store. Kev preferred to think this was friendship bonding time.

Kev listened as Randall spoke, telling Aya that he wanted some clothing to wear, primarily collared shirts and pants. Since he had four arms and legs...yeah he needed clothes specially made. And with a skinny body that rivaled his own! Though he was stronger too, sadly. And the second reason why his request was so special, he wanted his clothes to become invisible with him. Kev had always assumed the clothes would go invisible with him, but then he didn't really have anyone to compare Randall to when it came to invisibility. And Randall wouldn't be able to startle Kev half as well if he wore clothes, all Kev would have to do is be on the lookout for floating clothes!

Kev remained quiet, only speaking up once Randall had finished. "He's going first so I'll tell you mine when you're done with his!~" Invisibility clothing and multi-limbed clothes took priority!

Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:33 pm

"Hello, Kev. That you certainly did, very nice to see you both." And right the the point about what he wanted, this was always a pleasing outlook when it cam to assisting costumers to the desired outcome of their order. However, clothing was her forte and making some that were well fitting enough for him would be a snap. Even with added arm and leg holes it was an exceedingly simple task. And luckily enough, she was fashion forward that Randall was on the fast track to looking like one of the most well dressed monsters around. "I'm sure I can do that for you, yes, it will be a fairly easy job. Have no worries Randall, your fashion rests in my capable hands." The part of the order that she gave a tilt of the head and furrow on the brows was on the matter of "special" fabric for Randall's innate ability to vanish at will.

Aya returned Randall's smile and began to tap her chin as the thoughts of how to accomplish the second goal filtered in her skull. "I can't say I've ever encountered fabric like that but I am sure I can find someone to make it or attempt to track down something that has that function. Rest easy, I will do the best to my abilities." Expect nothing less, respected customer. It seemed as though she was going to be quite a bit of searching, but she hardly minded a little investigating as it would be useful for other projects. She turned to Kev, and nodded with a warm smile and nodded. "Of course, you are quite polite." And Momma Aya could not be prouder of her friend and fellow parent of Nym. Returning her gaze onto Randall, she awaited any further direction from the monster.
    Randall
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by Randall on Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:49 am

Kev was indeed here for support and because it felt strange for Randall to go into a clothing store--especially a feminine one. Either way, Aya was supportive and guaranteed a good outfit for him, which he had no reason to think otherwise, particularly with all of the dresses around to show proof of her good work. When prompted about the clothing and the invisibility problem, he merely listened to what she had to say and nodded. "If it's incapable of being done, don't put too much effort into it, I'd rather not wear you down. But I appreciate that."

With a slow blink, he then looked at Kev as he had no other questions or suggestions to give to the vampiress, and he stepped back. "That would mean it's Kev's turn. He has a rainbow bag of fluff." It looked like some kind of cotton candy in a bag, but he'd get to see what it was exactly when Kev got up to the plate. C'mon Kev, we're all waiting!
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:24 pm

"Its nice to see you too, Aya~!" Aya seemed very confident in her ability to make clothes for Randall, even with the extra arm and leg holes. The fabric though...it seems that would be a challenge. The only thing Kev could think to suggest was clothing that was see-through already, though that would make wearing clothes at all a little useless. She still assured him though that she could either find something or work with someone else to make some. "Yeah! I bet there's either some magic thing out there or some sort of technology that can help out." He kinda wanted to see what Aya would make for him too. Would the clothes end up looking fancy or would he look like a pimp? Excitement was abound! "Aw, thanks Aya~ I really am glad to see your shop, I'm not sure I ever saw this place before! Its cozy." What with the flowers and all~!

"My turn?" Wow that didn't take long at all. Then again it wasn't like Aya could make those clothes in a day! "Its wool, actually!" He stepped forward with the bag, laying it down so Aya could inspect the wool, of varying shades of blue, purple, white and pink. "Prixlezub and I were talking about some of my weather woes, basically how cold weather affects me so much, and he suggested that I get you to sew some wool as a lining for a jacket or a shirt or something! Even pants! Since I was coming with Randall anyway, I thought it'd be a good idea. Any wool left over you can have for free too. Would you be okay doing that though?" Sewing wool as a warm inner lining to clothes could be tricky! Then again he didn't know much about making clothes.

Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:17 am

Aya gave a incline of the head, slightly stiff but entirely cordial and understanding."Of course, Randall. I'll be sure to remember that as I work on your request." She smiled to the monster before turning a considering eye towards Kev who suggested magic or technology to assist in altering fabric. A good suggestion, actually. "That is a wonderfully idea, I'm sure either will bear fruitful results." And no, Randall would not look like whatever a pimp was, that wasn't how she rolled. Taking in the compliment from Kev with a burst of pride her smile brightened and if she could she would have gave a blush of embarrassment but sadly the only thing that would be given was intense gratitude."Oh, Thank you, Kev! I tried very hard to make it a comfortable place to stay for a little while." The draculina beamed and her contented pride bubbled evenly within her chest.

Now it was Kev's turn, and his bag was quite interesting and a eyebrow rose at the mention of wool. Ah, she did recall Kev's talking about his sheep and how he cared for them and such. Listening carefully, the vampire was concerned that her friend was at risk of freezing but luckily Prixlezub was a giver of sound advice. Dealing with raw wool wasn't her forte, though sewing it into lining would be simple for sure. "I'm sure I can do that for you, Kev. I am quite glad you both decided to stop by. But both requests will be simple, I'm sure. I am more than fine with both, have no worries at all." Aya on the other hand knew plenty, so not a worry to have! Now came the fun part, lest she forget it.

She needed measurements from a certain monster, and from Kev as well, just in case you know. "Before I forget my good sense, do either you happen to know your measurements? I'll need them for my work, proper fitting and the like, you know?" Couldn't have them walking about in ill-fitted clothing, the horror!
    Randall
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by Randall on Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:00 am

Yeeeep. Doing nothing but waiting. As Kev filled in his order, Randall stood a few inches away with his arms crossed, looking around at the outfits that were out on the show-room floor. Aya had a nice eye for fashion, despite Randall knowing little about it himself. The colors and fabrics used looked fancy, expensive almost. If he were actually interested in buying something, he'd look at the prices, but he was here for a custom order. Glancing over, it was revealed that the stuff in the bag was... wool. Multicolored wool? That's... odd.

Randall vaguely remembered some odd colored sheep the time he was out at Kev's place, though. Did he dye his sheep...? That seemed a little weird... He would ask him, but maybe not right now... Soon his order was filled and the two had been taken care of. But first, measurements. "Measurements?... Ahh, I'll write them down..." Randall grabbed a piece of blank paper after giving Aya a "may I use this" look, and took a pen, writing down his measurements before handing the paper over to her. "Is there anything else? Maybe an estimate of cost? I don't really have much--I think..." Money was still a mystery here...

But for now, it seemed things were in order. An estimate would be nice, though, just to make sure. If she couldn't give him one, he hoped he had enough. If not, he'd have to work out a deal--making clothes invisible with you? That's going to be a toughy... and possibly expensive.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:05 am

"Indeed!" Kev nodded in agreement. Honestly, magic and/or technology seemed to be the answer to everything in Portal Breach. Everything that was like this...an invisibility spell could work, or perhaps an...invisible making device? Did such a thing exist? Guess Aya would have to find out. "You're welcome~!" Aaw, look at that toothy smile! He almost asked if she lived there too, until he remembered that she lived at the Inn with Nym. It certainly looked big and fancy enough to live in though!

Ah good, it could be done! "I'm glad we stopped in too!" She assured them that the orders were simple, and easy enough. "Great!" He clasped his hands together, he had quite a bit of money saved up that it wouldn't be a problem. Oh, uh, measurements? "Hm...it might be easier for you to just take the measurements here! I just sort of grab whatever fits in the fitting room. Or deal with it if it doesn't!" Unless it was too small...then that was just uncomfortable.

He glanced at Randall before he looped an arm around him in a friendly manner. "Hey, if you don't have enough, maybe I can cover the difference! Consider it a birthday gift! Or holiday gift! Or whatever!~ I'd like an estimate too!"

Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:20 am

The joys of a place so advanced and yet so gifted with magical persuasions that could co coexist so beneficially. Aya figured where science couldn't help, then bewitchment could do just nicely. Kev was lucky he didn't call her smile toothy aloud, that wouldn't have been received so nicely, it would actually cause a very closed lipped frown. Still, she quite enjoyed hearing her decor choices were actually noticed. The Draculina knew she had made a good choice, though maybe it needed for flowers. Yes those were always good.

She focused back on Randall who much to her surprise actually had his own measurements...well that was certainly a surprise and a first. Some people found the measuring stage to be awkward for reasons, which she could understand but frankly fashion had necessary components. She nodded in turn with his look, and accepted the paper smoothly look them over twice, before stowing the paper safely in the pocket of her apron. Kev apparently didn't know the same, and Aya gave a small shake of the head and from the depths of the same apron pcoket, a tape measure was neatly withdrawn and snapped quietly. "I can give an estimate for certain, for you Randall, if money is a concern, I am more than happy to take money in payments convenient for you." Consider it a kindness, but their mutual mouth less friend seemed content to give out his own brand of kindness, Kev was the sort of person to count on for such actions.

"Start with Randall, creating collared shirts and pants with adjustments to fit his body will come around 300 credits, not including the modifications to grant them the ability to blend in with his bod. This sum also includes alterations to fabrics that will in turn become in visible as well." A hefty sum, but such was the price of fashion and hopefully clothing that wouldn't hinder the monster. As for Kev , Aya was going to soon divulge. "For you Kev, lining clothing is considerably easy, especially with the wool provided before hand. You order will come to 250 credits." With that said, the estimates were up for debate but not before the vampiress got around to actually measure Kev. "If you don't mind shedding your coat, Kev, and stepping onto the raised bit of floor in front of the mirrors I'd like to get your measurements down."
    Randall
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by Randall on Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:22 pm

"That's okay," he immediately stated to Kev. No one would be helping him regarding payments, and he certainly didn't want to owe anyone else right now. He was fine with paying over time or trying to make a large sum payment as soon as possible.

And of course he had some measurements! Although, in truth, the pants would be more of a guesstimate, he had worn jackets before and what not. So that part was easy.

Aya turned to him and stated something regarding payments, to which he replied, "Money's not a concern, really... I can, however, do that or pay full when it's done depending on the price. It's no problem." She began to estimate, and though it seemed expensive (which it was as he had never spent that much on clothes... ever), for some reason, he didn't wince. He gave a small smile at the word 'bod', though. It sounded... unnatural coming from her, but whatever worked. "I don't think that'll be an issue. If I don't have it, I'll do payments."

Kev would need to be measured, and Randall would be alone in the pretty place. A frown came across his face at the thought for a split second before he returned to the cold look he always held and crossed his arms. He could wait...

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:40 pm