Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Playing With Fire

Post by Hazama on Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:30 pm

Time: 7:34 AM
    Date: November 17th, 2013

Oh, evil thiiiiiing! You had a house-caller! Lucky for you, it wasn't a preacher or a salesman. Goodness knows no-one wanted to run into those- not even the most evil of villains! No, it was your neighborhood friendly snake-like ghost inhabiting a artificial magical shell. What, you hate that more than door-to-door salesmen? Either you lie, or you're a horrible, horrible person. Or a rich person that has too much money. Either works.

"Helloooooo... you alive in here?" Hazama questioned, stepping foot into Lochlann once more. He knew that whatever had been here had noticed him and answered his audience questioning, and after the stunt that he pulled, he had no doubt that it'd happen again. That HAD been quite a big stunt, after all. Full of deceit, full of false claims, and full of gullible users. And Hazama had learned a hell of a lot from it! He could leave his airship on autopilot, anyway; the skies weren't even nearly crowded enough for it to be worrying. Besides, the little traffic that WAS up in the air, the airship would avoid like the plague.

"So, did you see that? Pretty good, huh?" Hazama pulled his sleeve back, checking his watch as he stood there, waiting for Diablo to show. "Man, the emotions they felt when they were in Phantom's hold... shame they'd die if I held them there much longer, huh? I needed them, though." If they'd died there and then, who'd have kept time in motion? The Black Beast had to occur one way or another, and the best way for that to happen was to let time play its course... that and Hazama knew how it would happen beforehand.

"Oh, man, you should have been there. It was delightfully fun to play with them, to exploit them, to mess around with their heads!" He doubled over as he stood there, laughing for a second before regaining his composure. "So, what do you think?"

Delightful, or just plain fun? There was more to come, either way, so hold on to your hat no matter your decision...
    Diablo
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Playing With Fire

Post by Diablo on Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:09 pm

Hazama wrote:"Helloooooo... you alive in here?"
    At the beckoning call did an ancient evil stir, the fires of Lochlann roaring to life. Yes, Hazama... Something was very much indeed alive in the sleepy fishing village. The malevolent force you felt all around your meek person had not forgotten about your previous... dealings the last you had visited its humble dwelling. A sane person would have known better than to have returned, but you? Ah, but you... No, no. You had done something to the floundering populace of Portal Breach; something terrifying, and such an act of fear merited an award. Your request for an audience was once more accepted.

For a good long while, perhaps ten minutes at best, it appeared as if Hazama was spewing forth nonsense to the four winds. Nothing responded nor reacted to his words, instead painting the dressed man to be nothing more than a raving lunatic. Well, that may not be entirely true...

"Mrow..."

A lone cat, with its coat dense and dressed in midnight, lazily roamed out from a nearby alleyway. It immediately spotted Hazama but no outright interest gleamed in its golden eyes. Rather, the cat was more predisposed to raise its tail up high and continue going about its business. Nothing drew its attention to the man and it would rather go walk across a fencepost and make a nuisance of itself. On second thought, however...

True to its feline nature, mischievous and fickle, the cat gave it plenty thought (a second's worth) and returned to the same cobblestone road that Hazama was currently standing in the thick of. It came no more than a few meters away from Hazama and... sat. Yes, it sat. The cat had taken a liking to this spot and decided to grace it with warm, furry hindquarters that no lonely woman could resist. Or a furry dog-thing, for that matter. Ah, but details... It gently curled its tail back and forth, the cat staring upward at Hazama expectantly as if waiting him to take notice.

"Purr, purr, purr..." Well, young man? Are you going to continue with your sinister agenda, or are you waiting for the cat to sleep for another eighteen hours today?

Diablo: Lord of Terror

HP: 560/560
    DP: 60/60
    AP: 99/102 (-3AP)

Equipped: Black Soulstone (inactive)
    Power: --
    Target: --

Action: --
    Passive Illusion: Black Cat
    Hazama
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hazama on Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:20 pm

Cat wrote:"Mrow..."

"Eugh... a cat? This has gotta be a joke." Hazama grumbled. Bloody cats... he didn't want to be anywhere near that thing. "Okay, okay, you got me. I hate cats. Great, job done. Can you come out now, please?" Hazama asked, sounding like a bit of a pillock before, after no-one had responded. At least no-one had been around to see it. Well, except probably Diablo. Practical jokes were just dickish. Whhhhhy. Taking the piss was his thing! But, anyhow.

Hazama just sort of... stared hatefully at the cat. He was never a fan of cats. He was allergic to them... and at the same time, he hated them for other reasons. They'd never been particularly good a species for him. From Jubei, helping Hakumen trap him in the Boundary, to Kokonoe, who had been a real pain in the ass sometimes, albeit a fun pain in the ass. Irritable people were so fun to toy with. Hazama wasn't exactly irritable, but he did get rather grumpy and upset when cats were involved, or when his plans started to go wrong. The latter of which hadn't happened in over a century, but the former of which happened a surprising amount.

"Look, just put your cat away, will you? I don't have time for petting animals."

He had all the time in the world, truthfully. He just didn't want to deal with a damn cat.
    Diablo
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Diablo on Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:01 am

What's the matter, Hazama? Not a fan of finicky felines? How unfortunate...

The sharply-dressed man wasn't the only one allowed to be a downright nuisance. As much as the man whined and griped for the cat to poof into a bout of smoke, such a ridiculous request would never happen. Rather, the feline rolled onto its side and exposed its soft, fluffy belly. "Mrow..." it purred, blinking lethargically. But if Hazama thought this chance encounter with one cat was bad enough, then things were quickly going to become much, much worse. The very ground shook and things began to rattle in place...

"Mrow!"
    "Mew!"
    "Mrooow!
    "Meow!"
    "Mrrr!"

Literally hundreds of cats - hundreds - in all shapes and sizes spilled out from the nearby alleys of Lochlann. The thunder of their paws and the intensity of their cries would be enough to send any cat-naysayer straight for the hills, but there were plans for you, Hazama. You would not be granted the privilege. Instead...

Instead you were plowed down by the mewling sea, your body buckling against its tide.

The cats washed over Hazama like he was nothing, a reed in the sand, and they ran across his body without a care in all the world. They were cats, after all! The merciless torrent of fur and fluff did not yield well until Hazama was covered in paw prints and discarded hairs, effectively leaving the man to wallow in what he despised. Once the last cat had finished stepping on his head and leaping off was he then free to move and register what had just happened. "Ha ha ha..." came a disembodied chuckle, resonating and raspy. The best was surely yet to come...

Only one cat was left to remain, the black cat, and it sauntered closer toward the man with a few lazy steps. In doing so, however, the cat became larger and larger after every inch... and, soon, it was large enough to rival that of an adjacent building!

Now as big as a house and just as wide, the cat stared down at its new plaything and proceeded to land a paw on the tiny morsel that was Hazama.

TWHUMP!

There will be no escape, not this time, and it continued to stare down at the man with those large, satisfied eyes. Wait, something was happening to its face!

Was it a trick of the eye? An illusion of the sun? No! The cat's face had transformed into one of flesh and green hair, Hazama's very own likeness staring down at him! The hat, too. One cannot simply forget the hat. "Why, hello there!" the "cat" with Hazama's looks spoke up cheerfully, eyes squinted into thin lies and grin incredibly apparent. "Not a fan of cats, I take it? What a pity! I find their company amusing at times. Oh well! Your loss," it continued to say. The mimicry was uncanny, even right down to Hazama's voice. Paw still on the man and carrying the weight of an entire world, the larger-than-life feline let forth another pleased chuckle.

"To answer your previous question, yes," it said, gargantuan tail curling. "I have witnessed the misery and terror that were instilled within the mortals during your little performance. I'm quite pleased, really. The results of your actions ought to be felt for the months to come. Bravo!"

The paw shifted but Hazama was not released. There was more business to discuss and the cat went on to further inquire, "Now, I suppose you want my end of the bargain?"

The actual Devil as your observer, was it?

AP: 96/102 (-3AP)

Passive Illusion: Large Black Cat with Hazama's Face
    Hazama
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hazama on Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:22 am

No sooner did that cat roll its belly than did the ground start to shake. "...I have the odd feeling that this is going to be exceedingly unpleasant for myself." Hazama could feel it in his bones. This was gonna be a bitch, wasn't it...? I mean, one cat...

Cats wrote:"Mrow!"
    "Mew!"
    "Mrooow!
    "Meow!"
    "Mrrr!"

"CATS?! THAT'S SERIOUSLY THE GAME YOU'RE GONNA PULL?!" Hazama shrieked in protest as the cats stampeded, knocking him over as they ran their stupid little paws all over him. "AAAAAAAH. C-Cats! My suit!" Multiple outbursts were audible from beneath the sea of cats and kittens, walking all over the green-haired guy. He was not going quietly into the night! No, he was going loudly into the night. Man, if Miss Megido had been here to see this... she'd be having a field day.

"Gosh, that hurt..." Hazama started to rise, noticing a large shadow cast over him. A giant paw...? Aww, shit... "G-Go easy...!" He was thwumped by the paw, knocked down and lying there. "Man, I just had this cleaned..." He got up, grumbling as he did so and looking up at the cat. The cat... with his face. "Well, you're definitely not an actual cat... still, I've gotta hand it to ya... you're definitely very surreal in your methods." He stood up, looking disgruntled. He muttered something else about cats, before looking back up at the giant Catzama.

Catzama wrote:"I have witnessed the misery and terror that were instilled within the mortals during your little performance. I'm quite pleased, really. The results of your actions ought to be felt for the months to come. Bravo!"

"Ah, yes- that's where I was." Before you interrupted him with grimalkin goodness. "It was fun, I'll tell you that." He'd likely have done it either way, to be honest.

Catzama wrote:"Now, I suppose you want my end of the bargain?"

"If it's not too much trouble, that is. I mean, I'm sure both you and I would love more havoc wrought upon the dumb shits here. A few options have already presented themselves to me, but I'm sure others would love a piece of fun, right?" He was still a tad upset over the cats ruining his suit. He was gonna have to get this over with and go change... he needed to get bathed and hopefully the allergic reaction wouldn't be too strong. It probably would be, due to the quantity, but the worst that happened was he'd be forced into Ghost Form for a few hours. Still, it was an unnecessary switch... stupid felines.

"I've sorta got stuff to do- as you probably know, so could we wrap this up soon, please?"
    Diablo
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Diablo on Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:01 pm

Such a plucky little fellow! And quite eager to deal with the Devil, too.

For a moment Catzama, as it was now referred to, merely stared down at its prey in complete silence. What was forming behind those mischievous, squinted eyes? Swish, swish, swish... A fluffy tail curled to and fro with the cadence of leisurely time, the owner perhaps contemplating everything its guest had said. "Purr, purr, purr... And how exactly are we to wrap this up?" Catzama playfully inquired. It knew very well that Hazama wanted something for his devious efforts - an Observer, last it could recall. Naturally the demon, with all of its wicked intentions and penchant for terror, would love nothing more than to spread misery across this world. How do do so, though? Hazama had not been very thorough regarding this Observer business. The paw's weight was slightly lessened but not before a sharp and curved claw poked out from its sheath, effectively hovering over Hazama's darling little face. No sudden moves, hmm?

"Explain to me what your cruel heart desires and I shall grant it," Catzama purred. It then proceeded to crouch down and assume the aptly-named loaf position, fluffing up to a ridiculous level of cute with one paw tucked beneath its warm, fuzzy body. Quite the content Lord of Terror, wasn't it? Cats were notorious weapons and incredibly useful against adoring mortals. "If you wish for me to become your Observer and bestow upon you my infernal powers, however, then I request that you further elaborate the terms and details of such an arrangement." It wasn't exactly a mind reader, Hazama.

What was your answer?

AP: 93/102 (-3AP)

Hazama
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hazama on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:01 am

Oh, eager as anything, Mr. Satan.

"Oh, that's all? Well, I don't actually get any of your powers if you become my Observer," Though that cat form was offputting, so he couldn't say he wasn't glad, in a sense. "All that happens is I sustain my existence with you Observing me, so to speak; if you accept and become it, all that happens is that I become permanent in the world, and thus get to continue spreading the malice that you love." You don't lose anything, and Hazama gains nothing game-breaking!

"That's all, that's all." The thing where he was removed from events in time wasn't something he needed to worry about, since it would no longer apply in this world, what with Amaterasu no longer being in power. "So, how about it? I know you simply love causing widespread misery as much as me, right? So, what's there to lose?" Hazama asked, as if he was a businessman. He wasn't, but in some ways it was easy to believe he was. He HAD been an Intelligence Captain, after all. They're probably good with business.

Probably.
    Diablo
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Diablo on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:05 pm

So that was it, was it?

According to Hazama's words and if they should be indeed true, the man simply required a... tether to this world. How interesting and, of course, certainly doable. What did the demon have to lose in such a basic, minimal deal as this? Catzama yet again pondered over its prey's request, squinted eyes belying an insatiable thirst while it soothingly purred. "Hmm, hmm, hmm~! Why, I'd be an absolute fool to miss out on a lucrative business opportunity such as this!" it said gleefully. Then their pact was settled. The overgrown abomination flexed its claws outward and, gently, nicked Hazama on the cheek. It felt incredibly heated, if only for a split moment... Blood was drawn, or whatever it was that sustained Hazama, and his feline doppelganger cleaned its stained claw happily. "How delightful," Catzama purred, quite pleased with the man's offering. It gazed down at him, perhaps hungrily, before continuing, "Alright, you're free to go~! Spread fear, misery, and desolation wherever your diligent feet may travel. Now, if you excuse me, I have people to corrupt and terrors to birth. Ta-ta~!"

And so it was spoken, Catzama officially lifting its cumbersome paw off Hazama and sitting upright. With a crackling rumble the enlarged terror began to deteriorate, its body whisked away as if it were nothing more than burning paper. Ashes saturated the air and an unholy glow surrounded the desecrated village of Lochlann. Nearby a flock of crows glared down at Hazama, their greedy eyes trained on him as a distant voice was carried across the wind...

"HAAAAAA HA HA HA HAAAA!"

AP: 90/102 (-3AP)

Hazama
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hazama on Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:40 pm

Oh God, was he glad this was over. Cats, cats, CAT. He was done with furry felines for the day. That ominous laughter didn't really strike fear into his heart, as of such; he'd already done enough with the damn cats. Spare him your purring, mewing misery, grimalkin beasts from Hell. Huehuehue, referencing the H-Man and adding a sweet little pun on the end. But, that was irrelevant. Diablo was gone now. Hazama didn't even know his name, but he didn't need to say. In all fairness, that was pretty clever. What Hazama didn't know about Diablo couldn't be pulled from his head and used against Diablo later, eh?

Still, he looked up at the crows as they observed. Oh yes, they observed. They observed while Hazama turned around. He headed back the direction in which he came, before coming to a halt. He turned to stare at the crows as they stared at him, flashing them an eye of glowing yellow colour and a malicious grin as Phantom appeared above him, a dark circle appearing in front of him. He turned back and continued walking into the dark circle. Where did it take him? Well, wherever his base was. You were the Observer, Diablo. You couldn't observe everything he did, oh no; the term wasn't as implied. Besides, you weren't Takamagahara. No, you were much worse, which Hazama liked. All he needed from you was, well... to not die. Judging by the way you were, he expected that much from you.

His mission had been successful. Now the real fun could begin.

...After a good bath, that was.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:07 pm