Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

What Fire Nation?

Post by K.A.R.R. on Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:09 am

Time: 9:00 AM
    Date: January 6, 0004

Melted skin, charred flesh, buildings burned to a deeply singed black. In the wake of the recent news report, many had abandoned the ruined remains of a lone street in the Outer District. Only smoke and a distinct stench of burnt human, along with whatever lay rotting among the wreckage permeated the air and clung to the scene stubbornly. However, while it deterred most of the citizens, a single vehicle had been parked at the edge of it for a good ten minutes already. Sleek and two toned with black above silver, the Trans-Am's glossy paneling was a stark contrast to the smoking ruin. Idly it sat there, the amber light upon its nose pacing diligently back and forth in a manner that could be described as studious.

"I detect remnants of kerosene upon the bodies and walls of the building." He stated evenly, continuing to scan and analyze what data he could find from the wreckage. "However, my scans do not show signs of trident wounds, and the burns are far too excessive to make out any possible hand prints. This may be him, or it may be a look-alike in terms of his methods." Either way, what happened here was plenty gruesome for any living creature. Turning his attention away from the burned out building and its victims, KARR's optics rested on the tall, caped figure standing next to him. The scene certainly was promising, and it resembled much what the Dark Judge had described to him on the way over. However, the AI still could not help but wonder just what made his driver so sure... There was still one method he wished to see, if the other Dark Judge was still around. If he could track the boy during their hunt for him, what of his brother?

"Are you able to reach out to him?" He asked after a few seconds of thought. It was worth a try, especially in case they were being "lead about by the nose", as the human saying went.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: What Fire Nation?

Post by Fear on Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:57 am

Suffice to say, Judge Fear had not been expecting one of his brothers this suddenly. In fact, he had almost given up all hope entirely when different accounts had made it clear that not everyone appeared in Portal Breach. What did their words matter, though? Evidently they were wrong and he would no longer be alone in this miserable, life-infested world! Although he did wish, to a small degree, that Fire hadn't been the second to arrive... Mortis would have been much more subtle and crafty compared to the flamboyant walking pyre. If only, if only. Ah, they were nearing Portal City's limits... It was time to be reunited.

Or so Judge Fear had thought.

K.A.R.R. made it to the crime scene in record haste; from the moment Judge Fear had seen the news and they had taken to the road, the entire journey was nothing more than a fleeting memory. But what's this...? Not everything was as it seemed, now that he was close and personal! The Dark Judge stepped out from his ally's cockpit and immediately approached the very brick wall he had seen not half an hour ago, the ghoul's burning eyes scouring the stony canvas for every detail it offered. He, like the vehicle, had made multiple discoveries within mere minutes alone; upsetting discoveries. "That is because, K.A.R.R., this was not done by my brother's righteous hand," the Dark Judge loudly growled. Where are the signature markings of a trident's blast!? Where are the scorched hand prints, the smell of rotten flesh burning well past its prime!? There was no need to reach out into the psychic void as no one would answer. This had all been nothing more than an elaborate ruse!

"Hnnngh..." Judge Fear removed his gaze off the blackened words and abruptly turned around, his cape billowing with a dramatic snap. How dare the sinners of Portal Breach trick him with such a ploy most cruel! "Show yourselves!" he demanded to the vacant city street, a yellowed claw thrust forward accusingly. "Who dares to boldly trick a Judge of the law and lure him from his practice!? Who dares to impersonate a Judge of the law and pervert the sanctity of brotherhood!?" Nothing but anger saturated the ghoul's resonating voice and he made sure that every alley, corner, and outlet shook with its volume alone. If he had to rupture a few heads and drive passing mortals to insanity, then so be it!

The ones who created this mockery shall pay with their worthless lives!
    Bloodscream
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Bloodscream on Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:11 pm

A talking car, and a man with bat wings upon his helmet. Truly never a more clashing couple had Bloodscream beheld with his own very eyes.

Who we are assuming to be Judge Fear wrote:"Who dares to boldly trick a Judge of the law and lure him from his practice!? Who dares to impersonate a Judge of the law and pervert the sanctity of brotherhood!?"

The others voice rang out loud, anger a sharp and painful accent to the judges words. They very streets were left humming with the reverberations of the outburst. It was time to step forward and into the light, before the judge upturned the entire outer district in search of him.

Impersonate is a very harsh word, insult was not our intention. But truly, how were we to draw thee out? The pale immortal asked, coming forth out of the shadows and into the sight of the Judge and K.A.R.R. Thou art the Dark Judge Fear, yes? The one who could kill with but a look. The one that was being hunted. Come now Dark Judge, bringer of justice, how did this one appear to you?

Neither dead or alive.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 53

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:55 pm

It appeared the Dark Judge was not so easily fooled either by the display, now that he too had a closer view of the scene. Someone either wished to draw them out, or it was a very flamboyant style of murder they had stumbled upon. KARR watched silently as his driver's rage was vented to the chilled air, echoing from rooftop to rooftop of the desolate ghetto. Indeed, who dared to fool Judge fear into thinking that one of his brothers had returned...

Suddenly there was a blip on the AI's surveillance mode, someone was behind them but they were hardly like the usual ghetto dwellers. The Trans-Am's engines growled fiercely as it's rear tires spun with a shrill scream, the vehicle's nose swiftly turned about to face their observer. "It appears you may have your answer." KARR stated warily, his sensors locked onto the pale man that stood in the shadows. The man's voice was strangely refined, and from what the AI's scans could gain, he was not entirely human either.

However, what could be determined was that the man's vitals displayed no impending malice. His adrenaline levels were simply too low and the rest were too calm. But what was this, he wished to draw them out? KARR left the conversation to Judge Fear, his own processors immediately going to work on scanning the surrounding area. Every building, every rooftop and alleyway was investigated through sensor and scanner array alike. If anyone was laying in wait to pounce, he would certainly know of it before they got the chance to do anything regrettable. Or at least in time for them to quickly retreat out of there and towards the safety of the inner city, if circumstance proved to be unfavorable towards the duo.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:15 pm

And soon they had their answer...

A pale man by any other name, Judge Fear had seen this face before. Where? "A harsh word for a harsh truth," the Dark Judge countered. He placed one hand upon a mantrap resting on his bony hip and let K.A.R.R. size up their mysterious guest. Hmm, those familiar shades and strands of long, silvery - ah, now the ghoul remembered! "You are Cailia Hallow's partner," Judge Fear stated evenly. "You went somewhere; a place of fire and damnation. Like her, you are nothing more than a mercenary." So the question remained, then... What did this mercenary want with Judge Fear and K.A.R.R.?

To lure them out, according to the pale man's words. For what, however? "We have never met, not in person, and yet you already know of me," the Dark Judge noted. The same could be true regarding Cailia Hallow's fears, but that was not important. What was important was that this situation had just taken an interesting turn.

"You smell of unlife; a state of existence much not unlike my own. Tell me, pale man... What do you ask of death?" What do you ask of a Dark Judge who commanded fear itself?
    Bloodscream
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Bloodscream on Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:05 pm

Judge Fear wrote:"You are Cailia Hallow's partner,"

What was this now? Miss Hallow, were you running around and telling people about Bloodscream? Couldn't you keep those lips of yours from flapping woman? Bloodscream was going to have some words with you when he saw you next.

Judge Fear wrote: "You went somewhere; a place of fire and damnation. Like her, you are nothing more than a mercenary."

Hardly a mercenary anymore, and no we have not. And thou knoweth of me as well. Something that no doubt had to do with Miss Hallow, she did seem to be the one providing all the information here. I have come to extend a hand. To put this plainly, thou art being hunted. The thou you killed recently, "jak", seems to be drawing attention to himself, and to thee. He wishes to hunt thee, and is calling upon allies.

Thine powers, they have not yet returned correct?
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:23 pm

Despite the oddity of their encounter, it appeared that the rooftops, alleys, every building was devoid of suspicious activity. Well, at least any that was directed at himself and Judge Fear. KARR's scanners redirected themselves at the pale man, listening to the Dark Judge as he gave his own statements. Cailia Hallow, mercenaries? The ghoul had never told him he met anyone like that before. But more importantly, what had transpired that drew the attention of her partner to them?

As the long haired immortal spoke further some points became clear, Jak Mar's death, attention drawn... Oh, his odds calculator had gotten the probability correct all right, it was merely the time it would take for it all to occur that had been falsely measured. Although, there was one question that burned within KARR's processor above all; what did their trifle matter to him?

He was starting to detect something odd about this conversation already, though he was not exactly sure whether it was bad or good for their favor. Quickly the AI partially rolled down his window , the volume of his voice low as he spoke to the Dark Judge from his cabin. "He sounds as if he wants something, be careful what you say." He had heard such speeches before, insinuations... Mainly from himself during his brief time spent with John Stanton. In the end something may be offered, but for what price? Although, he was beginning to wonder himself just how sourly the tables had turned.

They would have to see.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:51 pm

Obviously the pale man wanted a favour, K.A.R.R. - there was a mind in this vacant helm!
    Somewhere, kinda... The details were currently vague.

"Noted," was all the Dark Judge replied to his ally, tone annoyed. Suddenly those gleaming embers flared with a newfound intensity; a burning desire to bring Jak Mar down upon his knees! "So the incompetent fool is amassing a party in a pitiful attempt at vigilante justice, is that right?" Poor, deranged simpleton. Judge Fear was the law and he will not entertain such delusional games! The undead lawman had nothing to be frightened of and, while it was true that a good portion of his powers were inactive, Judge Fear hardly believed a useless twit such as Mar could pull something of this magnitude off without a hitch. Mar was no clever mastermind, after all. Just a boy with a loud mouth and a poor sense in, aha, judgement. "My powers have not yet returned but I do not solely need to rely on my abilities to best the boy's stupidity. I have done it once and I can do it again."

That said, Judge Fear had never encountered the supposed individuals willing to assist Mar's case. Even with K.A.R.R.'s aid and its high-tech gadgetry, the two of them could swiftly be overpowered with ease. "These so-called allies you speak of... If they are powerful and you truly wish to extend a helping hand, as you've already offered, then you will assist me in judging them," Judge Fear stated. There was justice to be dispensed and these insolent sinners must pay for their audacity!

"You need me for something; something that terrifies you. I could sense it within your partner's unguarded mind. Therefore, my ally and I are valuable commodities to you, are we not? If you require our assistance in whatever hounds you, pale man, you will consider my demands in this arrangement." And should the long-haired man refuse or try to discuss other options? Judge Fear gestured with a rotten hand at the collection of bodies left at the seen of the crime, his point concrete. "I severely doubt a man such as yourself with your capabilities would grow weak at the sight of death," he hissed evenly. "Prove your ability to dispatch of these wretched sinners and we may consider your plight. A Judge of the law, even a dead one, is bound to his honest oath."

What say you, pale man?
    Bloodscream
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Bloodscream on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:00 am

That car.

He is, he has been telling others that thou art a danger, and must be destroyed. He may have mentioned something about your automotive companion as well...but I cannot remember the details. Bloodscream listened to the Dark Judge defend himself, that he did not need his powers to defeat Jak. That I do not doubt, the boy appears a simpleton. However those that he will bring will not be so foolish, and shall be more powerful than he. And they would come in droves, could you really afford that Judge Fear?

I shall have no issues with assisting thee, however, to kill them shall only draw more like moths to a flame. I will drive them away from thee and thine companion and put them off of the trail until thou art strong enough to do as thou pleases. No matter how noble the Dark Judge believed his cause to be Bloodscream knew what killing in mass would do. Kill one then two came to avenge him. Kill them and four came and so on and so forth. Bloodscream was powerful, immortal, but not even he was endless in his strength. And it was not his place to do the Dark Judges work.

I shall drive them off, thou and thine friend shall be safe. And in return thou shall show thine gratitude with an equal favor. The immortal said, agreeing.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:48 am

Some days the AI could make an argument out of that, but not this day.

KARR became silent once more as both the ghoul and the mysterious pale man continued their discussion. They could indeed deal with plenty of things in this world on their own, but many of them they had a chance to size up and create a strategy against. This party on the other hand, news of such counter measures had just reached their ears but moments ago. Whether or not they could face them had yet to be seen, but the AI found it rather interesting that his driver could determine just what the man wished from them.

Or at least, from the Dark Judge. To ask the man for his help in killing off the interlopers seemed like a plan, but his processors knew better. Much like Bloodscream's own thoughts, they matched up to the same conclusion. If the boy had enough gall to acquire a party to destroy them, who said he would not do so again once they were killed a second time? The more he pondered this, the better the pale man's offer seemed. Especially when it was revealed that the party had mentioned himself being alongside the Dark Judge. He doubted that they would be able to get past his own electronic defenses should they try anything malicious, but the possibility of another dark, lonesome hangar weighed too heavy in his thoughts.

Again he scanned over the pale man, reading whether his words were truth or lie. However, no statement seemed to favor the latter, and the AI weighed out the possible risk. Much like Judge Fear had concluded, they wanted them alive and functional for something... Whatever it was, the ghoul could find another body should he become too damaged, and as for himself... Well, there was always pursuit mode in order to flee if whatever they were sent against proved to be too much.

"...It would be foolish to refuse this offer, even if the man is unable to aid us in destroying them as they wish to deal with us. If they are lead away, it will give us more time to regain strength. Remember the Technician's words? We gain power through surviving and learning, in finding what you have mentioned we may be able to do both at once while evading our pursuers." He commented quietly to the Dark Judge. "Once they are lead away we can deal with them at a later date if they decide to regroup, when we have the ability to do so."

However, the AI could not help but wonder just what terrified such a man to the point where he would require their help in exchange for finding it?
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:05 am

Indeed, that car.

Which, apparently, Mar had also blabbed about. How convenient for the walking deadman, excuse the Dark Judge's pun. Who knew that Death's campy humour was like the plague? "I will not let the boy and his minions think to harm either my person or K.A.R.R.," Judge Fear growled defensively. Let them try! Oh, let them try! The ghoul curled his talons into balled fists and rattled them, his anger growing by the very second. "And what do you have to fear about culling the weak, the ungrateful? Purge the whole lot of them and give them the judgement they are owed!" So what if the mob came back? Kill them again! Kill them as many times as required to drive sense into their dull, thickheaded skulls! Ah, but wait... It wasn't so simply, was it, pale man? Killing one mob would only create another. And another, and another, and another... When presented with this logic, and the frailty of both he and K.A.R.R., it would appear the ghoul had no other choice.

"Very well," Judge Fear reluctantly agreed. He had heard K.A.R.R.'s say on the matter and knew better than to willingly throw them both into danger's path without some means of escape or victory. That didn't mean the ghoul liked this course of action, however. "We will listen to your price, pale man, but know that justice cannot wait forever. Judgement Day will come, and, when it does, Mar and his allies will be first onto the path of righteousness."

Mark the Dark Judge's words and mark them well.
    Bloodscream
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Bloodscream on Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:25 pm

I fear nothing when it comes to culling the weak. But there are those in this city who feel otherwise, and they are not weak. Indeed, while it was rare that citizens put themselves into the problems of others it was not unheard of them to become involved should a matter get out of hand and become annoying. The Dark Judge agreed to his terms though, now all that was left to name his price.

I care not what thou does, when thine strength returns thou may judge as many as thou wishes. As for my price, as thou has already gathered from Miss Hallow, we are in need of thou's ability to turn the fears of others against them. There is something dwelling within the fishing town of Lochlann. It also uses the fears of others against them. Thou shall go to lochlann and use thine own abilities against it. I wish to observe the outcome. There was much to be learned about the force that dwelled in Lochlann, and Dark Judge Fear and his Companion would be the ones to help Bloodscream obtain the knowledge that he so desired.

That was, if they wanted Jak Mar and any potential lynch mobs thrown off of their trail.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:24 pm

Did the AI's audio receptors deceive him? No, that rasping growl registered clearly no matter how many times he ran it through an analyzer. Judge fear wanted him to stay at his side, he had impressed the undead lawman enough to prove essential! Perfect, now he had confirmation that the ghoul was his driver. And not like that fool John or Tony and The Rev.

And to think that not all of his capabilities were fully operational yet.

Regardless of that statement, KARR was not about to Turbo Boost for joy. The Dark Judge still appeared to have his own sentiments to express with the pale man, mainly irritation over how he would not purge and kill for their cause. Apparently to the point where his bony fists were rattling, and that growl wasn't growing any more placated. Luckily the ghoul calmed some, although reluctantly when the logic and larger part of the situation was presented to him. He may not enjoy having to follow the whims of this man, this creature, but it was important for their future plans if they wanted them fulfilled.

His attention focused back on the pale man, their part of the deal laid out for them. A journey to Lochlann? KARR immediately pulled up his map and found the coordinates, looking over the quaint town. From what he could tell it looked like a peaceful town, but of course, looks were always deceiving. That was only reaffirmed when he went on to describe that there was a malicious force in the town, something that turns fears against them. Interesting, it sounded similar to what Judge Fear usually tried to attempt. Only, would he be able to turn the entity's fears against it if it used fears to against others as well? It all sounded very much like a paradox.

"I already have the coordinates down and a route plotted out should you agree." KARR stated quietly to the ghoul. "However, if we do arrive at Lochlann, be careful. This entire ordeal sounds much like a paradox waiting to be tested." The AI warned before falling silent again.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:57 pm

Such... disappointment.

A perfectly good opportunity to rid this world of defiant sinners was slipping out of his grasp, but the Dark Judge knew there was no other choice. Do not count yourself lucky yet, Mar. When the ghoul acquired more power and restored his otherworldly strength to its former, proper glory, Judge Fear was going to find you. And when he finds you, when and not if, no amount of friends, acquaintances, and hired hands will save your wretched hide. Your sins were too great to ignore for much longer and you will be made to pay for your transgressions. When and not if...

"Lochlann." A fishing village, the pale man explained, and one that was by no means ordinary. Something was there, yes; something that struck fear into Cailia Hallow and her undead partner. Why were the two mercenaries fascinated with this being? The Dark Judge was not naive to think that it was purely for science and other such obvious fronts. No, these two wanted something from the unknown creature - what? "And I am to assume that gazing upon your quarry is to produce the results you desire?" the Dark Judge inquired, mildly incredulous. This was an oddly simple request: to instill fear within an individual and little else. Nothing was ever as simple as it sounded, of course. It was soon made apparent that the target in question could also produce terror at whim, prompting Judge Fear to fall into a brief lapse of silence. "..."

Shocking! He honestly had not seen this curve ball coming but, then again, he was Judge Fear and not Judge Clairvoyance.

K.A.R.R. wrote:"However, if we do arrive at Lochlann, be careful. This entire ordeal sounds much like a paradox waiting to be tested."
    A paradox was one way of putting it; the ghoul would have opted for irony.

Several minutes lazily ticked by as the Dark Judge was consumed with thought, his mind calculating the various benefits and consequences that would be accompanying his choice in just a few moments. If the ghoul chose to deny this pale man's offer and decided to fend off Mar's mob himself, disaster was imminent. There would be no commitment to visit Lochlann and the Dark Judge would ultimately skip disturbing what lurked there altogether, but was the risk worth it? He and K.A.R.R. would be subsequently crushed and humiliated. But, if he decided to choose the other route and spare them both a tortuous affair... The path was clear, survival over pride.

Judge Fear picked up his gaze and released a deep-toned, "My decision has been made. I will honour your request to enter the fishing village of Lochlann and face what ails you. You, in return, will ensure the safety of both my partner and I from this supposed mob."

Well, at least now the Dark Judge knew how Death must have felt when forced into servitude by Gotham's Scarecrow.
    Bloodscream
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Bloodscream on Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:58 am

Judge Fear wrote:"And I am to assume that gazing upon your quarry is to produce the results you desire?"

Bloodscream nodded, good, the Dark Judge was understanding what he wanted perfectly. As for the talking automobile, well it wasn't too off the mark. A paradox was not exactly the affect that Bloodscream was wanting, but he had considered that it was a possible outcome. It would be interesting if that was the case. Would both entities kill each other? Cancel out eachothers powers? Or trap eachother in an eternal stare off....Hm. So many possibilities.

Judge Fear wrote:"My decision has been made. I will honour your request to enter the fishing village of Lochlann and face what ails you. You, in return, will ensure the safety of both my partner and I from this supposed mob."

Good.

On my word. I shall do all I can to disperse the mob Jak Mar is rallying, and keep those who would wish to spy out of this district should you choose to stay here. However, once our deal is done, I shall no longer protect you. He had his own problems, and he certainly wasn't going to jump in front of the bullet every time that judge fear and his car got into trouble. Ready to seal the deal Bloodscream extended one gloved hand to the judge. Nothing to fear here Judge, Bloodscream wouldn't suck you dry.

Current date/time is Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:37 am