Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Fresh From the Crypt

Post by Fear on Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:18 pm

So there were more cultists elsewhere... If they were meaner and perhaps more, as it were, partial to committing horrid acts in the name of death and justice, then such groups will have to be sought out. Later, however. Much later, as the Dark Judge had more pressing matters on his mind. "You do that," he hissed in regards to K.A.R.R.'s less than satisfactory methods of persuasion. It was true that the living were more responsive to honeyed words and comforting thoughts, but must the vehicle be so terribly good at it? Ugh, it was absolutely revolting... Thankfully the silver-tongued automobile was off and away with two cultists in tow, leaving the ghoul to oversee the likes of Sam and Jen. The former's reaction upon seeing dearest Elizabeth struck the Dark Judge's growing incredulity.

"You partake in a death cult, yet you cannot stomach the mere sight of a prepared corpse?" Truly the man should have stayed home and chosen a 9-to-5 job like a good citizen, rather than waste all of their time as Sam was doing now. Not all was entirely lost, however. Jen managed to spare the ghoul from misery and she was successful in getting her colleague to move Elizabeth's rotting corpse. "Leave her," Judge Fear commanded. He pointed a decrepit claw to a nearby corner, one that was dark and out of visible sight. "Place her remains behind those bales of hay and think no more of it. Her suffering has ended." But not yours, sinners... Not yet.

Jen wrote:"Forgive me, but we are not familiar with the customs of your particular ascension. Would you be able to please enlighten me of them so I may prepare the body accordingly for your usage?"
    Although the Dark Judge had not originally planned to obtain a new body for his devices in this very barn, his current host had sustained far too much damage to be of use any longer. Judge Fear approached the altar and loomed over Jerry's fresh corpse, evaluating its decomposing state. "Soon it shall be ripe enough to my liking," he hissed. Remarkably, this particular cultist was already infinitely more useful than the others and the ghoul turned to gaze upon her. So young, so full of life... That will be corrected one day, fret not.

"Remove all articles of clothing and any accessories you may find off the corpse," the Dark Judge first instructed. Jerry will no longer be needing his material possessions in the afterlife and neither did Judge Fear. Knowing that ought to keep Jen occupied for several minutes, the ghoul had not forgotten about Sam. He pointed a yellowed talon at the frightened man and deeply rasped, "Go outside and instruct your brethren and my associate that there has been a change of plans. Have them bring all the necessary supplies to this location once they are finished collecting what I require. After that, you fledgling cultists shall be in for a real treat." And one without all of that superstitious mumbo-jumbo.

The ghoul gestured for Sam to be off and soon returned his attention to Jen's work, perhaps curious as to how she handled a corpse.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 53

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:07 am

Certainly the AI's methods may seem unorthodox to the ghoul's more heavy handed approach, but look how cooperative they were. At least for now.

KARR followed quietly behind his cultist duo, his scanner pacing from side to side. However as they drew close to the cellar and began to pull aside its large, metallic doors, a disagreement began between them. Neither of them wished to journey into the darkness of the old house's storage space and apparently work quarters of the recently disposed of priest. A breach in the chamber's impenetrable lining found, the AI ran a scan over it and analyzed the contents. Certainly, this place must been where they had been storing all of their chemical supplies. Large amounts of corrosive acids and questionable substances lined the shelves and further in was a lab, complete with a distilling station that held the remnants of the priest's work before he had arrived to deal with him and the Dark Judge. Closer to the door were a few disembodied claws and skeletal remnants of a few mammals, but even those were more of a morbid decoration. Out of curiosity KARR scanned the work in progress before deducing that it was a fledgling super acid. Fluorosulfuric acid, to be precise.

He would have to request that Judge Fear take special care in handling that vial should he need it. Although, given how strong it was he doubted that the ghoul would find much purpose in it for dead fluids.

"I detect no harmful devices or beings in the cellar." KARR interjected, retaining his calm composure. "If neither of you can decide who goes down first, both of you should go down. As my associate had said he requires the contents for his use, and given his mood I would not delay his request with your petty squabbling." They both had seen what happened to Jerry, it would be foolish to think that the ghoul would not do the same to them or worse.

"Go retrieve the acids and other corrosive chemicals you find. The faster you move, the more my friend will be pleased. He may even reward you for your efforts." KARR added encouragingly. Reward and punishment methods always seemed to get things done a little more smoothly. A pity Judge Fear was not so keen on using the former a little more often when dealing with sinners.
    Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Level : ??

Post by Universal NPC on Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:54 am

Sam winced as heard the Dark Judge address him, turning his head to look at the ghoul while he held Elizabeth's decayed body in his arms. Already he could swear he felt the fluids that had been poured on her earlier seeping into his arms. It was not exactly a pleasant feeling, with the itching and all. "This is my s-second day within the congregation, usually the bodies are handled by those more...able." He stammered out, shifting the body's weight in his arms. The boy could handle the sight of a dead body, but handling one was an entirely different matter. The priests had been trained in their procedures, studious in their methods and actions. Sam was but an initiate, hardly priest material at such an early age. At the ghoul's command and direction of his claw, he nodded quickly and set the body aside behind the hay bale, eager to distance himself from the rotting tissues that now were beginning to stick to his robes.

As for Jen, she looked from the corner of her eye as Judge Fear approached, noting his interest in the body. Of course, ripeness was a selling point for the ghoul, from what she had seen of his form before fighting their leader. Already Jerry's body had taken on a greenish tint from disease and decomposition, he would not be hard to repurpose. "Very well." She replied as the Dark Judge instructed the removal of clothing and accessories. Luckily the body was not dead long enough to achieve rigor just yet. She got to work on unfurling the corpse's robes and removing trinkets, setting them aside on the ground. Although it appeared there was still more work to do concerning Sam.

Shivering from the cold and the ghoul's icy tone, the initiate gave a quick nod. "A-alright, I won't take long." He replied before hastily escaping the barn. Once the door closed behind him, he gave a long sigh of relief, reaching a hand up to scratch at his arm. Whatever was on the body was really starting to itch, knowing Jerry there was probably some kind of acid he placed on it. "Shit, I don't need my arms falling off..." He quietly cursed to himself, before tucking his arms deeper into the folds of his black robes. The walk to the cellar was no long, and even in the dark it had been easy to find thanks to the vehicle's lights and his fellow cultists arguing over who went down to the cellar first.

Although now it seemed they were more interested in listening to the strange car. "I guess we could both go down." Josh replied after a few moments of pondering. "I mean, we don't want to upset that guy back there. He seemed pretty pissed as it was already." Maurice paused in he gaze at the vehicle, turning slowly to look at her counterpart. now he was agreeing that they should get their work done, instead of arguing over who went down the cellar stairs first? She made a noise of disgust before shaking her head, glaring at the man from beneath her mask. "Now you want to go in the cellar? I swear Josh you are the most picky coward I have ever met." She sneered.

"But, he said that we might get a reward if we get this job done quick enough." Josh defended, nodding towards the two toned vehicle. The woman did not appear to be moved to awe of epiphany of her fellow cultist's deduction, once again giving an incredulous snort. "Oh, and if you would be rewarded for dying I bet you would jump on that too. Come on, lets get this stuff loaded up." Just as she began to turn towards the cellar once more, she heard the approach of footsteps and a quiet clearing of someone's throat.

"Heeeey, Sam! What's up? no hard feelings about earlier, right? Ehheheh..." Josh greeted weakly, tucking his limbs into his robes and backing away from the wolf skull wearing cultist. The other tilted his head and gave a rather awkward "Ah...Right." Before returning to the task at hand. "The guy that killed Helen, he wants you to bring the acids and stuff inside the barn. Probably has something to do with Jerry being up on that altar." He said, glancing over his shoulder. Hopefully he would not come hopping out of there if there was some delay.

"Okay, since you're here, you can come down and help us with this." Maurice offered, although from her tone it was more of a definite than a possibility. With an agreeing shrug, Sam followed the two as they descended down the stairs and into the dark...

----

"That should be all of his clothing." Looking over Jerry's body, the man seemed far worse than what glimpses of his form entailed. Covered in sores and scabs, the man's body was wrought with disease, not a single inch of skin the same hue of purple or green, others had darkened to a deep black especially around the ears and nose. As Jen took in the man's ghastly, bony form, part of her could not help but wonder just why he was like this.

Throughout the procedure, she had been careful with Jerry's body, but hardly squeamish about its state. Beside the altar was now a pile of clothes, neatly folded with the priest's trinkets and remaining vials nestled neatly on top. "Is there anything else that should be done before I move on?" She asked, turning to face to the Dark Judge, although her inquiry was soon interrupted by the arrival of the three cultists who had left to get the supplies. Vials and small drums of chemicals were placed on the ground near the altar, each covered in warning labels and hazard stickers. Some displayed fume hazards and corrosiveness to flesh, while others warned of the chemicals eating through metals and other improper containment. "Whew! There's still more to get, it may take a while with the bigger barrels." Josh announced, reaching under his mask to wipe the sweat from his brow. Maurice and Sam were already returning back to the cellar to recover more materials, leaving the larger cultist to stand there alone. "...So, ah... Your car said something about a reward?" He said hopefully, hands clapping together before leaning towards the ghoul.

Outside, one could nearly hear the irritated groan that seethed from Maurice.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:45 am

"And this shall not be your last," responded a curt Dark Judge. Sam will learn, as they all will learn, that incompetence was no excuse when demands needed to be met. The ghoul once again pointed and would not have his undying will refused. As for the scab-covered corpse and all its repulsiveness to the living, Judge Fear had found its diseased presence something to take comfort in. Soon, very soon... How interesting that Jen was not appalled, however. Her resolve concerning these ghastly manners will prove to be both convenient and troublesome, but the priestess could be disposed of all the same irregardless of her purposefulness. That will come when it was time, but first...

Jen wrote:"Is there anything else that should be done before I move on?"
    Why yes, Jen...

Judge Fear glanced up from the carcass and refrained from giving further instructions until the rest of the cultist group had arrived with his obligatory materials. He gave the collected bounty a once-over and found nothing worth critiquing. It was a generous assortment of abrasive chemicals, just as the ghoul had asked. Ah, but what's this? A reward? The Dark Judge slowly locked his ethereal gaze upon Josh and let the tension hang there, the ghoul wanting his servant to feel an unshakeable sense of dread and malaise.

"And is sparing your eternal soul on this eve not enough?" did Judge Fear hiss. Typical sinners, always expecting something for their inconsequential troubles. There was some truth to K.A.R.R.'s words, alas, and the Dark Judge soon added, "Continue to serve me, mortal, and you will be rewarded beyond your wildest dreams."

What was a little lie every now and then, hmm?

Having settled that irritating business and wishing to think no more of it, the ghoul returned his sights on Jen and was ready to begin. "Collect a handful of empty vials and flasks," he commanded to the young priestess. "I will show you the proper way of ascending a corpse." Or whatever it was that these cultists fancied. Once she had done as he asked and returned with the equipment in question, Judge Fear gestured for the others to approach and bring him various ingredients. He ordered them around one-by-one; Josh for the toxins, Sam for the acids, and Maurice - oho, yes - for the preservatives. With everything brought before him at last the ghoul had the components aligned in a neat row and beckoned Jen close. "The vials," Judge Fear rasped. It was time to mix!

Additive by additive, corrosive fluid by corrosive fluid, both Jen and the ghoul skillfully concocted what was necessary for the Dark Judge's renewed corporeal form. Snap! Pop! Hiss! After about five minutes of taxing infusion a bubbling, frothy brew was formed and Judge Fear held the finished product away from the mortals surrounding him. Oh, such a nauseating and vile aroma... It was enough to make even the most resilient stomachs churn. Smelled absolutely divine, personally. Did the cultists feel the same, he impishly wondered?

Pleased, the ghoul carefully brought the flask over Jerry's body and drizzled the caustic mixture onto what had been a man. It was a thick, disgusting union between unforgivable dark arts and death; neither were very pleasant and the air became drenched in rot. "Let the dead fluidsss flow! Let the body achieve full ripenessss! Fill thisss sssoulesss carcasssss!" Here the ghoul's hissing incantation could not be mistaken for all the world and an eerie metamorphosis began to unfold.

Through the grating of the Dark Judge's helm poured forth smoke; sickly and discoloured smoke. No, not smoke... Smoke did not take the malformed shape of a curved spine and bony ribcage. It was a spirit!

A decrepit specter, emaciated and gaunt, materialized from the undulating cloud and flexed its otherworldly fingers. Two searing eyes, bright enough to pierce the terrifying veil, gazed upon the living with malicious intent. Last came the familiar curves and accents of a helm where two bat-like wings protruded outward. "Sinners..." came a faint whisper. It was none other than Judge Fear in his true, naked glory. THUD! With no master to keep it upright and no soul to guide it, the Dark Judge's previous body fell to the ground in a noisy clatter and did not stir. A useless, broken husk and nothing more, although there was something quite precious that needed removal before the ritual could be complete.

The malevolent champion of death floated around the cultists, twice for good measure, and filled the air with his putrid aura. "My helm..." he quietly hissed. A twisted finger directed itself at the lifeless body nearby, where the Dark Judge's most important possession lied. "Transport it from my old body to the new, lest you die from my gaze the very moment I assume control." A simple order, really. One that was rather thoughtful on the ghoul's part.

During his last round the Dark Judge purposely wormed his way through Josh's left ear and briefly entered the man's mind, if only to toy with the cultist's thoughts and fears. For a moment, if only just a snippet in time, Josh's thoughts and desires were laid open to Judge Fear and he teasingly left traces of the most abhorrent, unquestionably monstrous sensations and imagery ever conceived. "Mm, your fears taste simply delightful..." One could almost hear the Dark Judge hum with pleasure. Done gorging himself at the sinner's expense, the ghoul eased his spirit out of Josh's mind and floated over toward Jerry's body to patiently wait. "My helm..." Judge Fear repeated, motioning for Jen to comply. "Place it upon this new body or you will all surely perish." Which wasn't a bad thought in the wide scope of things.

It was best that she do so sooner as opposed to later, for the Dark Judge's intangible form was nothing short of cancerous. The longer you keep Judge Fear out from a prepared body, the longer you risk succumbing to a most twisted, loathsome presence.

You could already feel your hands itching for the daggers at your belts, your lives yearning to be taken...
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:11 am

Ah, so it appeared there was a change of plans... Given the state of the Dark Judge's body, KARR quickly could figure what brought about that decision. Returning to their farm with an arm and a leg missing would be a less than grand victory, especially since the Dark Judge would then have to prepare a new body. One that the AI would undoubtedly have needed to carry along with the chemicals.

Keeping his surveillance systems on the gathering party, KARR reversed and drove back to the barn, pushing aside the doors and idling in. There he was met with Judge Fear and Jen discussing the body upon the wooden altar. He drove around to an unoccupied side of the room, content to sit there and observe. Not long after, the rest of the group joined in and set down a few containers of corrosive chemicals, one lingering behind while Sam and Maurice went back to the cellar to retrieve the rest.

His reason why was less than satisfying. Before he could comment on it, the Dark Judge spoke up and promptly reminded the man of his place, along with some incentive to work harder instead of stand around and ask where his reward was.

With that dealt with, the rest of the cultists had only needed to bring forth the rest of the chemicals, which did not take much longer. Vials were ordered to be taken and ingredients concocted, a noxious brew soon stirring within the translucent vessels. KARR scanned over the mixture, quietly storing away what compounds were required to create the enigmatic dead fluids. Should it ever be required, the AI would be able to assist in future instances such as this. If in the future the ghoul had decided to invest in a system that he could operate without the use of hands, of course.

A zealous chant erupted from the Dark Judge's helm, with it the fluids were poured onto the body while his own became limp. However, while the AI was unable to detect the judge's presence, he could easily hear a faint whisper on the air. He had noticed the ghoul had gone limp earlier during their arrival, but now seeing that his driver could operate without a body, he could not help but place a few different scanning methods into play.

Infrared, X-ray, Night vision, even a magnetic field detector was brought into play as Judge Fear ghosted about. Although there were other ways to detect the spirit's presence should that fail; monitoring the cultists' vital readings and analyzing their patterns. By now the AI figured to look for fear responses in the readouts, given the Dark Judge's presence. Josh's vitals appeared especially stressed for a few moments, his brain wavelengths appearing abnormal... Perhaps the Dark Judge had decided to cause some mischief while awaiting the retrieval of his helm. despite the happenings, KARR found himself with nothing to truly comment on, all too interested in bearing witness to such a defiance of natural laws.
    Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Post by Universal NPC on Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:49 am

The New Boss wrote:"And is sparing your eternal soul on this eve not enough? Continue to serve me, mortal, and you will be rewarded beyond your wildest dreams."

"W-well, ah... I guess th-that is a reward in itself." Josh stammered out, backing away as the ghoul appeared to grow irritated. Although...That last part sounded quite appealing. "Beyond my wildest dreams, eh? Sounds like the deal of a lifetime."  He said with an uneasy laugh, before turning and quickly leaving the barn to help the others. Within a few minutes, nearly the entire basement had been emptied and brought before their new champion, leaving the cultists to lean against the wall of the barn and take a breather while Jen was busy with the ghoul.

"Vials and flasks?"  She echoed, a hand reaching up to her chin to stroke it thoughtfully. "I believe we have those up in the loft, Jerry liked to keep spares alongside the incense."  A strange habit, but in all Jerry was a strange man, even for a follower of Samne'esh. Quickly gliding across the barn floor, she ascended the nearby ladder and retrieved the containers as asked, tilting up her mask some to blow some lingering bits of dust from the glass. Each of them were tucked away into her robes before she carefully descended back to the main floor of the barn, glass clinking softly beneath the dark fabric.

"There were a few left, I'm not sure if these are enough, but hopefully they are to your liking."  She set the vials and flasks upon the altar where the ghoul could see them, six in total. Three flasks and three vials. Afterwards it appeared the ghoul wished for the other three to help out in the ritual. "O-oh, okay."  Sam quietly complied, following Josh and Maurice in their retrieval of the components required. Although as he looked at his share of caustic acids, he could not help but feel a twinge of jealousy. Why did he get the acids while Maurice got the harmless preservatives? Regardless, all were presented before the ghoul before being placed upon the altar as well. Some of course were more careful about where on the table they placed them than others.

Much like how Maurice liked to place her chemicals where they could easily be bumped and knocked onto the ground.

Jen merely cast the woman a glance as she returned with the rest to the barn wall, before pulling them closer from the edge of the altar. That done, she watched and mixed each chemical and acid as the Dark Judge had instructed, until within one flask was a mixture so repulsively corrosive and noxious that she had to turn her head away for a few moments. Of all the mixtures she had learned from Jerry, none of them were so potent as the one this ghoul had just taught her to create.

As for the others, they seemed to share her sentiments... Save for Josh, surprisingly. While they had hid their mouths and noses from the air with the sleeves of their robes, he breathed the air freely, finding the smell unusually interesting, perhaps even enticing. Upon taking a glance around, however, he finally noted that they were not so keen on the aroma. "Ah, you guys are a bunch of pansies."  He muttered, flicking his wrist dismissively. However, such a statement was soon turned to silence as the contents of the flask were poured and the body achieved a new state of noxious ripeness.

"Urp!"  Now he had to cover his mouth as he beheld the body, the stench of rotten flesh having mixed with the dangerous mixture. Words were chanted and the body fell limp, all four of them watching in horrorified awe as a spirit flowed forth from it like a sickly fluid. All four of them flinched at the increase in the undead's presence, leaning away as he decided to float about their heads and make a menace of himself.

Even as the undead spirit commanded the retreival of his helm from the empty corpse, Jen had to regain her resolve to kneel next to the tattered form of Judge Fear's previous body. Carefully the helm was retrieved and placed upon the head of Jerry's now fully ripened corpse. All the while, Josh was given privy to the Dark Judge invading his mind for a few moments.

"Ah-Aaah!"  He yelped,. grabbing at the sides of his head as the spirit curled about within his mind, warping his thoughts. Although what the ghoul would find was rather simple but easy to corrupt. A nagging, irritable beast of a wife snarled in his ear during the day and the evening, a budding young love turned sour from years of dissatisfaction. Foods and drink were second upon his thoughts, poultry being his favorite alongside frothing beers and ale. Dogs ran about in the fields, chasing coyotes and other pests that roamed into the borders of their sheep farm, which had plenty of the fluffy white creatures. As the dark Judge continued to roam through his thoughts, there was an emphasis on had soon enough... Sheep lay dead and decaying in the fields, torn apart by wolves and coyotes, while his own dogs were bitten with disease and mange. All at once the idea of taking a hatchet to the nagging old hag back home sounded like a capital idea, her last foretold moments vivid in his mind amid a splash of blood and shrill screams. Upon finally leaving, the man dropped to his knees, shallow breathes puffing from his chest as he tried to block out the horrible imagery.

The three others looked on at the tormented man, speechless in fear of being placed under similar circumstance. Only after the ghoul had repeated himself did Jen look away, a slight stammer to her voice as she replied. "Y-yes, your helm has been placed on the body. Shall I retrieve any other pieces of your uniform?"  She had remembered the priest had ripped away the ghoul's badge at one point during the fight, it seemed rather important to him...

All the while she could not help but notice more than a few intrusive thought invading her mind regarding her brethren. for a moment, the idea of their bodies being still and lifeless flickered in her minds eye, the sensation strangely pleasurable and disturbing all at once. Could it be this creature that is causing it? Cautiously, she placed a hand on the dagger on her thigh, glancing over the rest of the cultists who were leaning against the wall. There was no such thing as too much caution, she supposed.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:52 pm

Josh wrote:"Ah, you guys are a bunch of pansies."
    But were they truly?

All of them - all of them - were gripped with the indisputable stench of fear in one form or another; even stubborn Maurice, who could find nothing to verbally gripe about. Josh's plight had been but the first stepping stone and now the rookie cultists, the supposed children of death, were one act closer to utter and total demoralization. Indeed, these sinners were his slaves the moment they decided to stay! And, like any good shepherd with their tender flock, the Dark Judge was going to guide his newly-seized captives upon the glorious journey toward righteous liberation.

Helm now faithfully placed over Jerry's head and the man's gaze obscured from view, Judge Fear's new vessel was ready. He merged with the corpse and entered via the body's orifices, tendrils of fetid vapours and wisps left in the ghoul's wake to slowly evaporate into nothingness. The spirit was gone, out of sight... What will happen now?

For a moment the barn was cast into perpetual silence; any of the cultists could hear their hearts beating beneath their clammy skin. Jerry's corpse did not stir and, perhaps for a fleeting thought, the quartet would be spared from a fate most undesirable. ...cr-rriiiik! Ah, but perish such wishful thinking, sinners! It was subtle at first, with a hardly a tremor running down Jerry's stiff limbs, but that was just the beginning of the end. The Dark Judge's helm, once cast in darkness, surged to life and a brilliant glow from deep within churned. Success... Success! Jerry's sickly corpse rose to sit upright but it was no longer the cultists' associate that now gazed upon them. No... Jerry was gone, gone forever, and now the Dark Judge had a new lease on tangibility.

Schlop, schlop!

The ghoul eased his new body off the altar experimentally, standing erect without any aid, and flexed Jerry's hands for several exercises. Already thick and discoloured talons were starting to grow on both hand and foot, and the corpse's skin was rapidly deteriorating into a putrid green. This was not the work of natural decay...

"I am quite pleased with your work, Jen. You continue to show promise," Judge Fear hissed. As a reward for their co-member's competence the Dark Judge retracted his suffocating aura, granting his servants a brief reprieve. Breathe in heartily, sinners, for you were never guaranteed the next breath. Finished testing the corpse's motor responses and pliancy, the ghoul left the altar and stood before his frightful congregation.

While also entirely naked, the pale moonlight above illuminating just enough.

Such states of being were not important to the Dark Judge, the grave requiring no physical pleasures, and he gave it no thought. As he could feel no heat or cold, the elements were also of little concern. Instead, the ghoul paused for a moment and swiveled his incandescent gaze around. He was looking for a recognizable glint of - aha! The animated corpse walked over toward a pile of disheveled hay and bent down, plucking something metallic from the strands. It was the Dark Judge's badge and he promptly pinned it to his chest without a second thought, the sound of rotting flesh tearing away reaching everyone's ears and audio sensors. His second most important possession once more his, Judge Fear turned back around and hissed. Corpse juices trailed downward from the fresh wound and yet another vile aroma assaulted those who could smell.

"We are done here," he said. And now that they were done, it was time to return back to base and begin with the next phase of their plans. The Dark Judge motioned for the cultists to round up the chemicals and place them back within K.A.R.R.'s boot, but not Jen and Josh. He had a different assignment for the pair. "Remove my garb of office and place it within my cohort's backseat. Josh will assist in carrying the mantraps." And just how will the ghoul get Josh to comply, the cultist still suffering from previously induced fears?

Simple.

The Dark Judge reached out with a hand, palm upward, and beckoned, "Rise." Look at how frail and sickly your companion had become, sinners... No longer did Josh appear healthy and immaculate; his skin was pale and glistening with sweat, and dark rings had entrenched themselves beneath both his eyes. The man was clearly broken and now... Judge Fear hissed and pointed a bony finger at his old host, his will having spoken.

And now Josh was his. The ghoul returned his sights to K.A.R.R. and allowed the cultists to do his bidding, approaching the vehicle while currently in a heightened state of decomposition. "So, how do you like the new look?"

If K.A.R.R. didn't know any better it would realize that the corpse was somehow growing in height...
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:41 pm

Watching intently as the Dark Judge began to inhabit his new body, KARR recorded every detail as the ghoul's helm began to glow with an eerie light. Soon after, his new body twitched and came to life, bones creaking and tendons popping as the Dark Judge rose to his feet. Remade into a new body and in the process, stark naked. Yes, such an obvious detail could not be hidden from the AI's scanners, even in the low light of the moon that managed to peek through the holes in the barn.

However, that was not the only thing the AI noticed. Soon after the ghoul had dismounted the altar, his skin slowly changed from the infected mash of yellows, greens and black to a more solid decayed shade of green entirely. The cultists were ordered about, Jen and Josh responsible with the task of loading his trunk with the rest of their caustic loot. KARR's trunk opened with a click, hydraulics pushing the lid up to reveal the rest of what they had gathered so far. As for Jen and Josh, he unlocked the passenger side door and opened it for the both of them to deposit his driver's clothing. With all they had gained, it was a wonder there was still room for more. However, there was still one more thing the AI wished as well from the cultists.

"Sam, once you are finished gathering he chemicals why don't you retrieve a covering for your new shepherd? Something thick and large, a blanket perhaps." He requested. With all the caustic and noxious chemicals that went into the ghoul's new body, KARR knew better than to let the ghoul sit bare on his seats. The cloth would not last the trip home otherwise. The AI's thoughts were only proven correct as the ghoul reattached his badge after fishing it out of a pile of hay. Corpse fluids scanned, they too were imbued with the caustic fluids that had been poured onto the Dark Judge's body earlier.

As he approached in all of his undead, butt naked glory, KARR only had one thing to say in reply to Judge Fear's comment. "You are not going to sit anywhere on me until you are covered." His passenger door shutting tightly, he ensured his words would be heeded by locking down his body from any external forces that may try to get in. However he could not help but notice the ghoul appeared to be growing steadily taller by the minute.
    Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Post by Universal NPC on Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:52 am

Now was the moment of truth. Jen watched expectantly as the ghoul slithered through the air, merging down with what was once Jerry's body. No, she could no longer call him that, they could no longer call him by his former name. Now he was but a vessel for a much more powerful entity. She backed away as the body and helm came to life, the ghoul stepping onto the frozen barn floor with a wet slopping of his feet, still drenched with dead fluids.

Jen released a breath she had been unaware of holding, a silent sigh of relief escaping her as the Dark Judge gave his approval. Thank you, it is pleasing to hear you are content with your new body." She replied quietly. As the ghoul tested out his new form, she could not help but notice that suffocating presence start to lift from the air, freeing her thoughts of doubts and suspicion towards the other cultists. The others seemed to take notice as well, as their silence soon began to lift.

"So, what did you do to Josh over here?" Maurice spoke up, gesturing to the quaking man. "You aren't going to do that often, are you?" Her question was laced with caution, eyes fixed on the ghoul from beneath her mask. However, that was not all the ghoul was doing, for soon he had retrieved his badge and grotesquely pinned it to his rotten chest. As the smell wafted though the barn, more than few of the group had taken a rather dramatic notice. "Ugh, god... I thought Elizabeth stank." Sam muttered beneath his breath, covering his mouth with the sleeve of his robe. The rest silently shared their sentiments with a glance, trying to block out the reek of corpse fluids as best they could.

However, their job was not over yet. Again they had to move the containers of acids, this time into the vehicle's trunk. With such a short distance between the car and the fluids, it did not take nearly as much time as the initial retrieval. canisters, boxes and bottles were carefully placed until there was no more to load into the car's trunk. All the while Jen and Josh had their own work to do. The man had remained on the floor, sobbing as the ghoul approached and shying away as his hand neared. Regardless, at his beck and call the man rose to his feet, a pale shadow of himself as he went to retrieve the man traps from the ground. They too were placed in the back seat alongside the ghoul's clothing, or more what remained of it. "That should be... everything." Josh said slowly, his tone diminished to a whisper.

As for Sam, he gave the fellow cultist a worried glance before turning his attention to the car. A blanket? "I think we have one of those somewhere, I'll go look." With that he gladly slipped out of the barn and ran off to retrieve a thick covering for the ghoul. On his return, he certainly did not disappoint. In his arms was a folded, thick quilt. It certainly looked fairly absorbent and warm, if not for a few minute details. Like the blanket being colored in all kinds of pink flowers and other brightly colored flora. He shook out the quilt before draping it over the Dark Judge's shoulders, having to stand on tiptoe as he continued to grow taller. "It's the only one I could find that wasn't full of holes from the moths." He explained sheepishly, before backing away from the ghoul.

In the background, Maurice had to suppress a snicker as she watched the decaying creature being draped in such positive pastels.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:31 am

Click!

And just like that, K.A.R.R. thought itself to be a vehicular version of the Nixon Penitentiary. Not impossible to break through but aggravating all the same. "Quaint," was all the Dark Judge responded with before shifting his gaze to Maurice. A question pertaining to Josh's waning mental state, was it? He answered while watching the cultists get to work, particularly keeping his focus on Sam. You're next should you be out of line, mortal. "I simply showed him the truth and nothing more." The validity in his fears. As for whether or not Judge Fear was going to repeat what had happened to the pallid man, well... That all depended on how the rest performed, didn't it? "Serve me well and you will be spared my lingering touch," the ghoul hissed. But not death. Oh, never death.

Within moments everything had been packed and ready to go, chemicals and uniform adequately stored away. Elizabeth and whatever poor sap the Dark Judge used to inhabit were to be left behind; no one will discover them remotely soon and, perhaps, both the frost and vermin will get to the corpses before any living soul could. Helen, however? Ah, good luck piecing that miserable wretch back together.

Now, for the blanket so K.A.R.R. will open up and stop being an irritant.

...It wasn't exactly to the Dark Judge's level of standards (was that pink?), but what did one expect when dealing with Death Cult Lite? Judge Fear allowed Sam to dress him, knowing that his uniform will be repaired fairly shortly, and did not voice any dissatisfaction. Instead, he focused on what was pragmatic and was all too eager to return back to base. Adequately robed and no longer a threat to K.A.R.R.'s precious seat cushions, it was time for the automobile to open up and allow everyone a seat.

"Get in," the Dark Judge ordered his servants. He cared not how the cultists arranged themselves, for the most important position was already his. The driver's seat beckoned and Judge Fear did not deny it, buckling up while expectantly waiting for K.A.R.R. to whisk them off this dreary farm.

Keep snickering while you can, Maurice. It won't be long before the ghoul had a fitting destiny for your insolence.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:23 pm

And he would stay a vehicular version of a penitentiary until the ghoul was adequately covered. The last thing the AI wished was to have those fluids eat through his upholstery and down into his body. "I am merely ensuring a cheaper repair bill, Judge Fear. You should be grateful of such a noble service." KARR replied smoothly. Unless of course the Dark Judge had no qualms with some rather interesting questions tossed his partner's way when they visited the Chop Shop next.

While his driver was busy speaking with Maurice, the AI took the opportunity to scan over Josh's subdued state. Whatever the ghoul had done, he managed to frighten him to the point of near subjugation. Adrenaline coursed through his veins, and the scent of fear was still strong upon his person even as the undead lawman had relinquished his touch. Soon after the AI's brief analysis, Sam returned with a brightly colored blanket to drape over his driver's shoulders. It certainly was not the sort of coloring that went well with the ghoul's rancid skin, but it served useful.

"Very good, Sam." He commented, before turning his attention to Judge Fear. Now that he was adequately covered to spare his interior from the caustic elements, the AI unlocked his doors, the driver's side opening with a faint click and a hiss of hydraulics. Although it appeared the ghoul had an interest in bringing his new friends along with him, as he ordered them to get in the cab as well. "Very well. Maurice, Sam and Josh, sit in the back. Jen will sit in the passenger seat." He methodically instructed. Jen seemed to be one that the Dark Judge had no issue with, from what he observed. Once they were all seated, the AI's doors shut and locked tightly, his engines giving a few revs before driving out of the barn and onto the road.
    Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Post by Universal NPC on Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:56 pm

The truth? Maurice glanced between Josh and the Dark Judge, finding the ghoul's explanation questionable at best. However, as he went on to explain that they would be spared from such a fate if they served him well, she decided it better not to pursue the topic further. "Right, I'll be sure to stay on your better side then." She replied carefully. The woman knew when it was best to play along and when to show spine. However, she could not help but wonder just what she was getting involved with...

A glance back to Josh was telling enough of what happened if she dared to not follow along. His duties fulfilled, the man stood there, looking blankly at the opposite barn wall. Beneath his cracked mask, the man's face was cold and clammy, deathly pale from his visions of death and blood from earlier. At the ghoul's command he walked towards the car, abiding its own directions as he sat in the back seat, soon followed by Maurice and Sam. Of the three, Sam seemed to feel a bit better in spirits, his efforts noticed. However, it was only after Jen joined them that he was the first to speak up.

"Hey, s-so where are we going?" He asked, watching as the ghoul joined them. Maurice merely sent him a telling look, shaking her head. "U-uh...Okay." He said, voice dropping down to a whisper. Josh was too far gone to gain any extra insight on the situation, and Jen appeared to be content with how the night was going, looking over the various glowing lights and buttons that lined the vehicle's interior and dashboard. It nearly looked like a spaceship.

Soon after, the doors closed and locked, their fates sealed as the vehicle drove off and away.

Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:34 pm