Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Re: Carrot and Soul

Post by Xiao Xiao on Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:32 am

It was not until she arrived into Portal Breach that Xiao had came to know and learn that being in a romantic relationship with anybody doesn’t mean or equals a future of marriage and children. Nonetheless, she was brought up and for at least two hundred years of her life always thought that was what being with somebody that way was meant to be, so it was rather difficult to not jump to that belief at first - especially when it concerned herself. Thankfully, somewhere along the way, her thought process would slow down and the squirrel would remember that such a way of thinking was flawed.

Still, even without marriage or babies, she wasn’t in that kind of relationship with Mr. XR at all! Apart from the fact that she rather fancied the idea of getting married in the future and have kids, Mr. XR was… Mr. XR. Whilst he had attempted to catch her attention romantically she had been completely oblivious to the flirting and his intentions.

At seeing KoKo’s hands coming up, Xiao’s stomach dropped as she thought she was going to deny the the fact that she was not with Mr. XR that way. Thankfully, her stomach was saved the drop immediately after the thought as not only did the space pirate confirm that she didn’t think she was in a relationship with Mr. XR but also that she thought he was just a friend of Xiao’s.

The yaojing dropped her hands and frowned. “I guess…. he’s a friend?”

Was he? She wasn’t too sure since her interactions with her both stem from guilt and also because of Lord Mushu. The term ‘friend’ made his position seem… higher in her mind when it really wasn’t.  The robot was probably more of a friend of a friend and even that did not felt right. He wasn’t an acquaintance, he wasn’t a friend, he wasn’t a stranger, he wasn’t an anything. She suppose that made his position unique?

Xiao Xiao waved this entire thought out of her mind. It was making her confused and she’d deal with it when the time comes that she met the little robot again. If she doesn’t meet him again then so be it, she didn’t have to wrack her brains. If she did him… well, that was in the future and she would care about it then.

Instead, let’s focus on something a lot more juicier than her non-existent relationship with Mr. XR.

“Do you have a special someone?” she quipped. See! A LOT more juicier already!
    Space Pirate Ryoko
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 48

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Space Pirate Ryoko on Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:15 am

Ryoko let out a sigh of relief as Xiao seemed to understand her quick explanation, instantly feeling better that that jump to conclusions had been quickly averted. She did blink however as the yaojing dropped her hands and frowned, right before noting that she guessed that this XR character was a friend. She guessed? Huh. From the sound of it, she wasn't entirely sure herself, and that stood regardless of the fact that he had shot at her.

"Or… maybe he's just some guy you know?" Ryoko offered, shrugging a bit. Acquaintance didn't sound quite right here, nor did anything else like that. Whether her own suggestion was the right one or not, the former space pirate hoped that it helped her friend sort things out a bit more.

At catching the squirrel demon's next question though, Ryoko blinked once more before grinning a bit. Chuckling as she folded her arms, the former space pirate noted, "You could say that… although he's not here in this world yet."

She and Tenchi weren't exactly together yet per say, but he was most certainly special to her.
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 51

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:16 am

“As some guy I know?” echoed Xiao. “That sounds so cold though!”

That’s worse than acquaintance, right? Technically, it was true that he was somebody she knew but it sounded rather cold, as if she was on purposefully distancing herself from him. She wasn’t. Well…. maybe she was since he DID shoot her but that was him being controlled so can she really blame him? Like herself when she couldn’t control her bloodlust in the mall during that Mr. Dark event those years ago. Was she to blame for her actions? With a lowering of her ears and tail, she knew, yes, she was to blame. Regardless of being controlled or not, she still did the deed and just as she was guilty of the actions she went through, Mr. XR was guilty of his. At the very least, she apologised to the woman who got hurt trying to stop her.

She puffed up her cheeks and exhaled slowly. Meh, no thinking about this! Leave it be. She’ll tackle it when the time comes.

“Not here in this world YET?” she asked, waggling her ears. “Is he handsome? Can he fly like you? Does he have pretty hair? How did you meet?”

All the goss! The squirrel inched even closer, ears perked and eyes wide. Give Xiao Xiao all the goss! She love the goss!

Her nose did twitch a little though as she picked up a scent. That was odd. She had picked up a strange scent earlier as she followed KoKo’s. It was something completely unfamiliar and the weirdest part was that it had undertones of carrots. Presuming it was some bizarre and new creature who just so happen to have wandered through this part of the forest as well, she thought nothing of it but her space pirate friend also had traces of that scent even though Xiao Xiao knew it wasn’t her. Weird...
    Space Pirate Ryoko
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Space Pirate Ryoko on Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:52 am

"Well, it was just an idea. If not that, maybe something between that and acquaintance?" Ryoko shrugged. She wasn't trying to sound cold so much as help the yaojing better sort out how she felt about someone that she was reasonably associated with, regardless of the fact that he had shot lasers at her. Hell, the former space pirate had lobbed attacks at many people, some of which were her closest friends… and even Tenchi early on. She supposed that was different though, considering the circumstances of most of those bouts… and based on the sound of things from that mess a couple months back, this was a very different scenario.

Smiling a bit to Xiao, Ryoko noted, "Hey, it's fine. Acquainted or not, you know him, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. You don't need to put a label on everything, all right?"

At Xiao Xiao's excited flurry of questions, Ryoko's grin broadened. Tenchi might not have arrived in this world, but just thinking about him still made her happy. "Yeah, yet. I'm not sure when he'll arrive, but I hope he does someday. Tenchi is very handsome and sweet to boot. He can't fly, no… he's actually half-human, half-Juraian – which is a human-like species – so he has a lot of power, but flight isn't really part of that. And on hair… yeah, he's got nice hair… it's black and short on the top, but he's got a small ponytail."

Pausing for a moment before answering the last question, Ryoko chuckled a little before stating, "Well, it's a funny story actually… see, I had been enslaved by this jerk named Kagato, and while I was under his control, Tenchi's grandfather sealed me up in a cave near his family's shrine. Centuries later, Tenchi himself freed me. I had a little fun with him before things started to settle down and I wound up becoming a guest at his house."

That was the short version at least.

Around this fun talk of Tenchi, a certain cabbit was slowly making her way back through the stretch of forest she had sought to explore, she wasn't back by her 'sister' quite yet, but her ears did perk up a bit at better catching her voice. It sounded like she was having fun back there!
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:00 pm

Xiao nodded, pleased and relieved that the space pirate advised that a label was not required on everything. Good, that gave her the perfect excuse to shove these thoughts somewhere else until she had time to sort through them - IF there came a time that such sorting was required.

Onto more pleasant topics, a handsome and sweet boy for her space pirate best friend! Xiao's eyes narrowed and her nose twitched as she squinted at KoKo. Handsome and sweet. What on earth would this boy look like. A prince! He must be dashing like a prince! In her mind, a sparkly prince image formed beside KoKo, with luscious locks, glittery eyes and teeth that goes 'ping' in brightness when he smiles. The image is helped even more by the fact that this Tenchi person had a ponytail. Short one or not, any hair more than a few inches in length automatically started scoring points with this yaojing.

"So he is like a very strong human who cannot fly?"

There were plenty of those here on Portal Breach too. Xiao wondered if any of them were similar to KoKo's Tenchi and if so, did any of them reminded her of her love interest. Her interest was further piqued and attention shifted from the funny scent to KoKo's story telling of how she and Tenchi met.

She gasped at the thought of her friend being enslaved though. "That is terrible! How did he enslave you? I haven't seen you at full power but I can at least see that you're not somebody to be taken lightly. This Kagato person must be very, very strong if he could do something like that to you and cause enough trouble to get you sealed away even though it wasn't your own doing."

For centuries as well! CENTURIES! "I hope you were asleep through it so you don't feel or know time passed by."

Then just like the fairytales and stories, her prince came to free her and was so lovely as to take her into her own home as a guest. He must had been charmed by her beauty! "Was his grandfather still alive? No wait, centuries so he must had passed away by then." Because otherwise that might be a little awkward, staying in the same place as the person who sealed her away.
    Space Pirate Ryoko
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Space Pirate Ryoko on Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:10 am

"Basically, yeah," noted Ryoko, nodding to Xiao's assessment of Tenchi. Somehow, she had a feeling that her friend was getting an even more fantastic mental image of him based on the look she had caught in her eyes, but so long as she could tell that he was special to the former space pirate, that was all that really mattered.

At the yaojing's gasp though, Ryoko couldn't help but smile a little more, right before that same smile shifted to a broad grin at Xiao's assessment of her own power right now. She sighed a bit at the question about Kagato before gesturing to her wrists and neck, stating, "He did so with a psychic connection. See, in addition to my own natural power, I'm even stronger because of these three gems inside of me… one in each of my wrists, and one in my throat. Once that jerk imprisoned Washu, he took control of me with one of the things that helps fuel my own power… he was strong, but not strong enough to keep me under his control forever. Better yet, after I was freed, he was eventually defeated by Tenchi, so he's long gone now." Now THAT was a damn fine day…

As for the mention of her being imprisoned for centuries… Ryoko just chuckled a little as she relaxed a bit more in the tree. "Well… I was asleep for a good bit of it, but not all of it. Regardless, it was unbelievably nice to get out of there!"

Ryoko was about to answer Xiao's question about Yosho, but before she could, the yaojing tried to reason that out herself. Normally, she would have been right… but much like the former space pirate herself, Juraians had extended lifespans. "He was still alive, actually, although he'd aged a decent bit over those 700 years. Remember how I said Tenchi was part Juraian? He's technically more of a fourth that because of his grandfather… and Juraians can live a really long time. So not only was I freed, I wound up meeting his grandfather again. Thankfully, things wound up smoothing over before too long between us, but it was still rather interesting to run into the man that had imprisoned me."

Meanwhile, Ryo-Ohki had made her way back to the other side of the tree that her 'sister' and the squirrel demon were currently sitting in. She sniffed the air a bit and perked her ears up, wondering just how she might try to get up the tree or if she could see if they'd like to join her on the floor of the forest.

Across the link Ryoko shared with her 'sister', she could tell use where she was, and with a bit of a grin, she sent her the message that she could jump on up here soon since it was a very comfy spot.
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Fri May 02, 2014 7:20 am

Xiao peered at her friend's wrist and neck as she gestured at them. Gems, huh? She knew gems were capable of storing power but the spells, energy and knowledge for it was something Xiao did not have the patience to learn and utilise.

“Were you born with the gems in you already? If not, it must have hurt a lot to get them embedded in you,” she asked. Connecting your body’s system to use the power shouldn’t be hard but the very thought of making a well in the body for you to slot the gems into made her shudder. Why would anybody do something like that to themselves or anybody was beyond her understanding. Surely it was a lot simpler and kinder to just wear the items in question against your skin  like normal jewellery or if you can absorb the powers that way, just eat the thing.

“He imprisoned your mother too?!” gasped Xiao Xiao dramatically. “What did he have against your family?” Was there a scandal involved? Did KoKo’s mother spurn his affections and he chose to lock her away to keep her for himself then take on purposefully treat her space daughter cruelly because she was the child of another man? HOW NASTY!

Instantly, the squirrel’s expression turned sympathetic and Xiao patted a paw comfortingly on her friend’s hand. “Thank goodness it’s over and you got rescued by your Tenchi.”

Just like a knight in shining armour! That fantastic teeth-pinging image was back in its fabulous glory, nor with the young man seated atop a noble steed and even more sparkles in his eyes. He was the grandson of the man who sealed KoKo as well! It must be fate that the story twisted and turned like that - just like the fairy tales she read here in this world. So terribly handsome he must be. So incredibly epic the fight must had been to free his love from the wicked Kagato’s control.

In Xiao’s vision, the very air around the space pirate seems to shimmer and sparkle. She was strong, pretty and had fabulous hair. Wasn’t she just like a princess? The yaojing wouldn’t even be surprise if she could sing beautifully and enchant small animals to help her in housework. Speaking of small animals, this whole story was just one cuddly mascot away from perfection. Maybe there was one! GASP! Maybe it got sacrificed along the way in the epic fight to free her and her mother!

“I hope nobody else was hurt in the fight against Kagato...”

[[OOC note: That point where you had no idea what you just wrote but am very sure your character's stupidity is contagious - yes, I reached it.]]
    Space Pirate Ryoko
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Space Pirate Ryoko on Tue May 13, 2014 4:57 am

At Xiao's curious glancing about her and next question, Ryoko just grinned and laughed a bit before noting, "I was given them very early on, but it didn't hurt at all. Washu is very good about stuff like that… and besides, I can phase through things, remember?" To help demonstrate her point the former space pirate took her left hand and waved it a bit to draw the yaojing's attention to it. As soon as she had it, she reached underneath her to the tree branch she was currently sitting on, her hand instantly and effortlessly phasing right through it. She reached as far as she could without leaning over too much, and after holding the position for a few seconds, Ryoko pulled her hand back out, waving it again to show that she was just fine. "See? Something like those gems would've been nothing."

When Xiao gasped in surprise and asked about Kagato's actions against her mother, Ryoko let out a heavy sigh. "Yeah, he did. And honestly, the jerk just wanted more power and control. When you get right down to it, that was his main drive… and whilst I was something for him to take and someone whose power he could use to seize more of his own, Washu was just the person to steal from to add to that."

Thank goodness it was all over indeed… Ryoko smiled at Xiao's sweet gesture before snickering a little at her ensuing remark about Tenchi. Oh, if only Ayeka could hear that! HER Tenchi! The squirrel demon had it right! "Heh-heh, yeah… it is over. That was a really good time." As far as anyone else getting hurt went, the former space pirate shrugged a bit before saying, "Well, we each took at least a little damage, but we're all okay. That and the fact that he's gone are what matter the most."

Around this, Ryo-Ohki read the message from her 'sister' loud and clear, and with her ears raised up happily, she began to bound up the tree as best she could. Her little paws found each hold that she could get, and before too long, she had made it up there without stumbling too much. The cabbit let out a happy sigh at catching sight of Ryoko and Xiao, right before she hopped to the base of the adjacent branch. It was great to be back and to see that her 'sister' had found some company!

"Ah, welcome back Ryo-Ohki!" With a grin to Xiao, Ryoko noted, "Xiao, this is Ryo-Ohki… given the way Washu made her, you could kind of say we're sisters. I was hoping you'd get to meet her soon!"

Last edited by Space Pirate Ryoko on Wed May 21, 2014 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Mon May 19, 2014 5:05 pm

She was not entirely sold on the idea of these gems not being painful until Ryoko demonstrated her ability to phase through things. At the word ‘phase’, her tail twitched and her ears flattened against her head as she thought of that poisonous goop she had been infected with last year. Between being contagious, going out of her mind under the impression that those she called family had left her, and also dying at the end, that time period of her life wasn’t a happy one.

Thankfully, her friend did not mean Phazon, but rather the ability to go through things, a truly eye-popping talent it was too. The squirrel’s eyes widened and she held an amazed breath. Yes, she had forgotten her friend could phase through things and as she demonstrated the ability, the squirrel leant forward and very cautiously poised a paw near the part of the branch KoKo’s arm disappeared into. Then Xiao tapped it, very quickly once, with a speed as if she could get burned if she lingered any longer. When that failed to hurt her, she tried again, this time just a fraction of a second slower. When THAT proved perfectly fine, her paws went wild, patting away at the spot around the space pirate’s arm. The branch really was solid and her paw doesn’t sink through it like KoKo’s arm did. This was weird and fascinating at the same time. She made a delighted and intrigued chatter of noises.

She settled back after Ryoko pulled her arm back out. “With how time and worlds work, you never know. He might be pulled here as well. I’m sure after one encounter of it, you and your mother are much prepared to handle something like that if it happened again or even have things in place to keep it from happening in the first place. With powers like these, it’s no surprise this Kagato person wanted control over you. We will have to make sure something like don’t happen again!” It would surely do a lot more than what Xiao could ever think up.

What on earth would she do if she or her friends ever got taken over? Well…. If it was her friends, then find a way to turn them back - beat them up if she have to though she’d rather not resort to that. If it was herself… um… that already happened once (twice, if Phazon counted) and both had ended in death on her part so… er… hope for the best? At least she had since learnt that if weird stuff started happening like that now, it was better to seal herself away in the Palace of Winds than venture out without some sense of caution in mind.

There was some noise below them and the squirrel’s nose picked up that strange she had caught earlier, except now it was a bit stronger. Ah, she hoped it was just some random animal passing by in the forest beneath them. Hopefully, they’ll see Ryoko and leave them alone like many of the woodland creatures do when they see humans or unfamiliar people in the area.

Then her best friend piped up and Xiao blinked. She peered down at where Ryoko was looking at and, in an instant, the fur on her back raised, her tail puffed to twice its size and her claws were out, digging into the branch. “Your sister is a CAT?!” Actually, it looked rather like a rabbit, but the words had been uttered before she could stop them. Xiao Xiao glanced to the side then up the rest of the tree, wondering if she could out climb or run this new creature if they chose to be peckish for squirrel.
    Space Pirate Ryoko
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Space Pirate Ryoko on Wed May 21, 2014 4:41 pm

Ryoko could only grin further in amusement at Xiao's sudden poking around the part of the tree branch that she had phased her arm through. At both her hyper actions as well as her delighted chatter, there former space pirate chuckled a little in spite of herself, just before she removed her arm from the branch to show that she was in fact perfectly fine.

At the yaojing's next note regarding Kagato possibly being brought to the Breach as well, Ryoko had to suppress a slight shudder as it tried to make its way down her spine. As if on cue though, Xiao was set to note that both she and Washu were prepared to deal with him if they ever ran into him again, which truly, they were… and that stood regardless of the power-weakening effects of this world. Actually, it would be rather amusing to see how a power-hungry guy like Kagato would react to learning just how weak he'd be upon being brought here… thankfully though, Ryoko sincerely doubted that he would ever arrive. All the same though, she appreciated Xiao's sentiment. "Heh-heh, thanks… I'm pretty sure he'll be stuck back in our world. If he does wind up getting pulled here though, he'll have to find out the hard way just how much weaker he'll have become."

No sooner had Ryo-Ohki appeared and been introduced to Xiao than had the squirrel demon frozen and puffed up in alarm, prompting a confused blink and head tilt from the cabbit. Ryoko blinked at her friend's sudden scared reaction, but everything made sense at her next exclamation. Trying not to laugh herself, the former space pirate was quick to clarify. "No! She's not a cat, she's a cabbit!"

"Myaa!!" That's right! Ryo-Ohki might have had some traits like a cat, but she was a cabbit through and through!

"She's completely safe, Xiao… I promise. See? She's curious about you."

"Myaa?" Sure enough Ryo-Ohki cocked her head to the opposite side, sniffing the air a few times in intrigue to get a better scent for the yaojing. She didn't edge closer to her just yet given how startled the poor squirrel seemed to be, but hopefully she could see that she was not a cat now!
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:36 pm

It meeeeewed at her! Oh gods above, it mewed! So it IS a cat. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Um... um... Wait, she had been here much longer than KoKo and her sister so theoretically speaking, Xiao should have regained a lot more of her power than them, right? No, no, no. Was she insane?! KoKo knew a LOT of different abilities and her sister might be the same too. She could be against a cat who shot lasers out of her eyes or something!

Xiao raised herself up onto the tips of her claws so as to look as big as possible, then she growled, gave a few agitated low pitched squeaks before she backed away, onto her friend’s lap and then settled warily on the other side of the branch. Only then did she relax a bit and she dared look away from the creature below. “A cabbit? What is a cabbit? Is it part cat? Does it chase and eat squirrels?”

Her nose twitched and she looked down worriedly at KoKo’s sister again. Well, it IS awfully cute and only looked a bit like a cat. But then again, kittens looked absurdly adorable as well, but they still grow up to be cats, and they still terrorized her kind back in her world. Her siblings had many a tale to tell about their fights with cats and the scars to prove it too.

Maybe she should transform to her human form so that she looked even bigger...
    Space Pirate Ryoko
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Space Pirate Ryoko on Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:49 pm

Thinking on this situation, it made enough sense that Xiao Xiao was terrified of cats, but this exchange was still rather amusing to Ryoko. She couldn't really help it, given how cute Ryo-Ohki was, not to mention how relatively harmless she tended to be in this form. Her note that her 'sister' was a cabbit instead of a cat did not seem to reassure the yaojing though, nor did her added reassurance about her… at least not if her sudden defensive body language and series of guttural squeaks were anything to go by.

"Myaa?" As Ryo-Ohki blinked in confusion at Xiao's reaction, she kept her position still in hopes that her 'sister's' friend would calm down. She wasn't a cat, really! She was a cabbit!

Just barely suppressing a snicker, Ryoko shook her head to Xiao before stating, "Appearance-wise, technically she's part cat and part rabbit. But no, she doesn't. She would only chase a squirrel if you wanted to play with her, and she doesn't eat squirrels. Actually, she loves nothing more than carrots."

"Myaaa!" Now THAT was the magic word!

"Trust me, Xiao. Cabbit or not, you're completely safe with her, especially since you're friends with me."
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:07 pm

Xiao’s claws dug into the branch at the mention that the strange being was PART cat. SEE! She was a cat after all! Even if it’s only a part cat! She still had a bit of cat! Kind of like catgirls she had met in the past who gave her crystal acorns, flowers, nutty milkshakes, dumplings and a tour of their lab. But wait, they were friends, right? Or she just about starting to consider them to possibly be friends before they disappeared. Maybe cats weren’t that bad after all?

The squirrel shook her head. Nooooo. Nooooooooo. Just because one cat being (or maybe it was three) was nice(r) did not mean the next cat being would be the same.

BUT SHE WAS SO CUTE! AND FLUFFY!

Frustrated that her argument was going around in circles in her head, Xiao looked from the cabbit to her friend then gently unhooked her claws from the branch. The fact that the cabbit only chased squirrels to play with them suggested that KoKo’s sister was perhaps a very young thing instead of an older and more mature being. Maybe approaching a part-cat-thing at this age would be beneficial in teaching it not to grow up to be a nasty feline.

Cautiously, Xiao Xiao stepped onto her friend's leg, then just as carefully, climbed over her lap so that she was back on the side of the branch closest to the cabbit. Once there, she shuffled uncomfortably on the spot and prepared her nerves for what could be a very fluffy formal greeting.  “She doesn’t shoot lasers, does she? Isn’t that a tiny gem on her head. Does that mean she has some of your powers too?”
    Space Pirate Ryoko
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Space Pirate Ryoko on Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:29 pm

Ryo-Ohki drew back the slightest bit as she saw how Xiao began to dig her claws right into the branch. She didn't mean to scare her… she was just a cabbit, really! "Myaa?" As the yaojing shook her head, Ryo-Ohki wondered just what might be on her mind. It was a simple thought process, as her own mind was comparable to that of a child, but she still hoped that Ryoko's friend would not be afraid of her.

Ryoko blinked as Xiao looked between Ryo-Ohki and herself, soon smirking a bit as her friend moved to carefully climb over her leg to reach the next side of the branch. The squirrel demon might have been shifting a little nervously, but at least she was making an effort here. Now it was time to quash the rest of those worries.

"Not like this she doesn't, and even then, she only shoots them if I ask her to, and you know I'd never shoot energy beams at you," explained Ryoko, opting to hold off on explaining about the alternate spaceship form that her 'sister' was capable of taking… much less her humanoid form. Granted, the latter was especially similar to Xiao's own humanoid form, but whilst that had the chance to help her friend see a similarity that she shared with the cabbit, it was also possible that it might cause her to be even more on edge. Ryoko was used to not always disclosing all of Ryo-Ohki's abilities, so it was second nature for her to decide to wait on letting Xiao know about those other forms. "That gem on her head helps her have some similar powers to me, but just because she hasn't doesn't mean she's going to use all of them all the time. Trust me, you have nothing to worry about with her."
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:40 pm

Xiao’s head swivelled right round. Not like this she doesn’t? So she could do it in some other way?! What way? Like...like… like… armed with an actual laser gun? O-Or did KoKo mean only under special circumstances? Or um... um… her powers are limited right now either through arriving into the Breach or through other means?

The squirrel almost gave a worried whine, but her friend went on to assure her that her sister would not fire lasers unless instructed, and that the space pirate wouldn’t harm her. Xiao relaxed then waggled her furry eyebrows. “What about if I’m possessed or under the influence of something? Would you shoot lasers at me then? Except that robots and dome thing, I do have a pretty bad track record of losing myself somewhere along the line, and also making some questionable decisions.” Such as willingly smashing a data mine to visit the Pool of Souls, taking the Palace of Winds into battle with her, mauling a mall of people etc.

She supposed if her friend did hurt her under such circumstances, it would be justified. She trusted KoKo enough that, if it did come to that point, the final choice to hurt Xiao would be because there were no other ways to stop her from either hurting herself or those around her. For the greater good! Yes, that is the word. Of course, if she could choose, Xiao would much rather not have to get hurt, or even get remotely close to losing her sense of self again. But if it really was for the greater good, then it’s not so bad… she could always come back to life afterwards anyway.

“If you say so...” Xiao said, looking uncertainly at the super fluffy cat-rabbit (Cat-bit? Carrot? Cabbit! There, we go!) She shuffled nervously on the branch, then awkwardly and then uncomfortably. She looked up at her friend once more before taking a very, very, very deep breath. In the name of friendship, she will be brave! Very brave! Only for you, KoKo!

Xiao Xiao turned around and crept slowly along the branch towards the cabbit.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:35 pm