Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

No Need for Testing!

Post by Space Pirate Ryoko on Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:55 am

Date: March 21, 2013
    Time: 1:37 pm

Just as she had so many times the past several months, Ryoko once again found herself at the Stock Pot Inn, having hoped to catch Kiyone by surprise after the general block that she ate lunch during. Unfortunately though, it seemed that her surprisingly unpredictable schedule over at that onsen place had wound up thwarting any such attempts today... but only this day. The former space pirate would run into her friend next time, be it for or right after lunch.

Ryoko definitely enjoyed the fact that such visits were common for them, and if nothing else, it was great to be able to see more of the city around her usual fly-arounds.

Having initially entered the inn by phasing through to the former Galaxy Police officers room, Ryoko decided to take another route out today, instead opting to phase out through the main door of her room into the hallway of the second floor. Still flying in something of a slow hover, the former space pirate glided down the hall and towards the stairwell, right on a course for the main lobby of the Stock Pot Inn. It certainly was a cozy establishment, and had her mother not arrived on the Breach before her with her entire lab in tow, then she most definitely would have made this place her home. As it was though, it was always nice to visit it, whether she was catching one certain friend or her slowly growing list of others.

Who knew! Maybe she'd run into one of them on her way through the lobby!
    Chell
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 25

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    35/35  (35/35)
    Health Bar:
    310/310  (310/310)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

Re: No Need for Testing!

Post by Chell on Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:54 pm

As far as making friends went, Ryoko wasn't exactly about to run into the most sociable of people, though lack of sociability didn't necessarily equal lack of friendliness. Chell, for her part, had just recently finished catching up with her Hyrulean friends, and decided to take it upon herself to drop off a folder at Link's front desk, courtesy of Impa. It wasn't uncommon for the former test subject to offer to help out with various menial tasks like this now and again, despite not being being official inn staff, as a good chunk of the time she had nothing better to do. Not a fact she was proud of, to be honest, but things like looking for jobs hadn't exactly been in the cards for her until very recently. 

In any case, job or no job, she liked helping out. This was her home, and she felt a compulsion to take care of it, whether it was her specific duty to or not. 

So, with the papers delivered (Impa had said they were security-ward relevant--Chell still didn't quite understand how that aspect of this place worked), the woman was now setting out back through the lobby of the inn, long fall boots clicking against the floor as she walked. She wasn't quite sure what to do with the rest of the day ahead of her, although lunch with her friends sounded nice, provided they hadn't already eaten already. Moving into her usual brisk, business-like pace, Chell swung around to the stairs--elevators still made her nervous--and came up nearly face to face with a total stranger.

...Oops.

Pulling back almost immediately, the former test subject quickly moved out of the way, taking in the strange woman with a look of surprise. She was... floating, that much was immediately obvious, although nearly a year spent on the Breach kept that from being too surprising. No, oddly enough, what really got her was the hair--besides being some sort of light blue, it was spiked and huge, almost seeming to defy gravity, which she supposed was fitting enough. She had just never seen hair like that before. Blinking herself out of her stupor, Chell silently chastised herself for staring and waved her hands in front of herself disarmingly, shaking her head in what she hoped was an apologetic expression. Sorry, sorry.
    Space Pirate Ryoko
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 48

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Space Pirate Ryoko on Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:19 am

Ryoko had just barely flown down the final flight of stairs before she realized that she very nearly ran into someone, a woman who was apparently headed right in the same direction she herself had just come from. The former space pirate instantly put on the brakes, luckily not having to either phase through the woman or even collide with her, and as soon as she had her bearings from the close call, she was looking to her with about as much surprise as she herself was being met with.

… okay, maybe note quite as much surprise, but still a decent bit.

It looked like the person who had almost run into her was a normal human, a brunette who stood just a few inches short of her own height. A few seconds after the two had stared at each other though, she suddenly moved to wave her hands in front of herself as though to show that she didn't mean to accidentally run into her. The apologetic expression and slight shaking of her head confirmed that, and a moment later, Ryoko couldn't help but smile slightly.

Well, it WAS kind of amusing now that she stopped to think about it. Some near misses like that could be less than welcome surprise for most, but the way that they had avoided running into each other was rather neat, flying and quick reflexes aside.

"Nah, it's all right," said Ryoko, waving her own had to the side as though to show that the near collision wasn't that big of a deal at all. "I'm sorry I almost ran into you too. I just hope I didn't surprise you too bad!"
    Chell
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    35/35  (35/35)
    Health Bar:
    310/310  (310/310)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

Post by Chell on Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:36 pm

Chell allowed herself to relax slightly when the woman seemed to accept her apology, thankful she wouldn't have to deal with an argument. It wasn't that she was at all afraid of conflict, but handling a ticked off guest right at the base of the stairwell would have been awkward for all parties involved, so she was glad that this woman didn't seem to be the type to take this sort of thing personally. Shaking her head at at the mystery woman's worry that she might have surprised her a little too badly, she allowed herself a tiny, silent chuckle, brushing the thought off quite literally with the wave of her hand. It had really been her mistake for barreling into things without looking first anyway, and really, all in all that still didn't catch her off guard quite as much as the hair thing. Which she still found herself occasionally glancing at. How much product...?

"It's fine." she wrote once she had finished fishing out a small notepad hidden away in her pocket, effectively shaking herself out of her own thoughts. "There are much worse things to be surprised by. Sorry again for that though, I'm not used to people besides me taking the stairs."

Pausing, the former test subject suddenly felt slightly awkward, wondering if she should have indicated to her lack of a voice before she started conversing with this stranger. It wasn't something that bothered her, but she had wondered if her entirely non-verbal way of communicating ever came off as rude to anyone who didn't know her personally, especially when she was a newcomer. She was slowly starting to realize that most people didn't really seem to care though, and this woman seemed to be no exception. Deciding to go ahead and extend an olive branch of sorts, she wrote down a quick introduction, offering the stranger a hand shake as she held up the notepad. "Chell, by the way. I help out the inn staff with odd jobs here and there."
    Space Pirate Ryoko
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Space Pirate Ryoko on Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:52 pm

Ryoko smiled a bit more as the other woman shook her head to show that she had not been too surprised by their run-in with each other, right before she nodded firmly herself. Admittedly, the former space pirate did enjoy surprising people from time to time, but this was a case where she was glad she hadn't thrown the other party off, especially since she didn't already know her.

Thankfully, she even seemed to be a little amused at it all, but instead of saying anything outright, she instead reached into her pocket to get out a notepad. Ryoko blinked at this with a curious "Hm?" Wait, couldn't she… oh… she was writing. Huh… was she like the innkeeper here who wasn't capable of speech? Link could at least articulate noises, though… and the woman here didn't seem to be able to given her own reaction once the two had nearly collided. Well, mute or not, at least the woman could communicate, and Ryoko didn't mind one way or the other if she couldn't actually talk.

"Yeah, you're right, but it's fine, really," noted Ryoko, chuckling a bit as she read the line about taking the stairs. "Hey, if it means anything, I usually just phase or teleport out of here. The stairs are a rarity for me, but I just kind of felt like taking them today."

At catching the former test subjects next message and extended hand, the former space pirate grinned and took the offered greeting, meeting her with a firm handshake. "Name's Ryoko. It's nice to meet you, Chell!"

Deciding to touch down for the moment, Ryoko lowered her hover until her feet were actually on the floor, at which point she noted, "That's cool that you help out here… the inn's a nice place. I don't live here myself, but I was just dropping by to see if someone I know was here. Turns out she wasn't, so I decided to take the long way out."
    Chell
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    35/35  (35/35)
    Health Bar:
    310/310  (310/310)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

Post by Chell on Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:38 pm

So this woman could phase and teleport too? It wasn't the first time Chell had seen anything of this sort, and it was also unsurprising given that the woman could obviously hover, but color her intrigued anyway. No matter what her new life presented her with, there were days when the former test subject wasn't sure if she'd ever get used to all the oddities on display here, to say nothing of the people who lived with them. Then again, by some people's standards, she might be considered a little odd herself, given her lack of a voice, the long fall boots she almost never took off, and the past she still didn't feel quite comfortable speaking about to anyone other than Wheatley... and even that could be quite the struggle. The beautiful thing about it was that nobody ever pried or really cared--she had been accepted here just like anyone else, and people generally seemed to be okay with minding their own business as long as she minded hers. She fully expected to run into someone more nosy at some point in the future, of course, but as for those others... well, it meant a lot.

Returning the guest's handshake with a firm one of her own, Chell nodded, already inwardly memorizing her name in her head. "It's nice to meet you too, Ryoko." she wrote, hoping whatever higher powers may or may not exist that she'd spelled that right. The last thing she wanted to do after nearly headbutting her was to get her name wrong. "Thanks for not getting too upset."

Once Ryoko touched down, the former test subject nodded as she spoke, inwardly feeling a bit pleased on Link's behalf upon hearing praise for the inn. Awkward first meetings or no, this woman seemed polite and friendly, at the very least. Knitting her brows together in puzzlement when her conversation partner mentioned she hadn't been able to find who she was looking for, Chell tapped her pencil against her chin for a moment before suddenly brightening, leaning over to write down her response once more. "I'm sorry you've had trouble finding this person. Would you like me to help look for her? Maybe she's still around here somewhere." Granted, there was a chance she was just out, but Chell wasn't sure what kind of help she would be if she didn't at least offer.
    Space Pirate Ryoko
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Space Pirate Ryoko on Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:06 am

Ryoko nodded at Chell's next presented message, grinning a little more to herself at seeing her name on the notepad. It seemed that not only had she got the pronunciation of the former test subject's name right, but that the other woman had indeed determined the proper spelling of her own name… well, with this character set, at least. There were at least a couple others that could have been used, after all. It was kind of nice that Basic worked so well here, even if there was a strange translation effect that pretty much everyone seemed to experience to a general degree upon their arrival here.

At Chell's second note about her not getting too upset, Ryoko could not help but snicker slightly. "Hey, it's okay! Now if you'd TRIED to run into me, then that might be another story. But simple accidents happen." And honestly? Compared to some of the stunts from her own world, especially those at the hands of Mihoshi? This was NOTHING.

The former space pirate blinked as Chell tapped her pencil against her chin, right before she moved to scribe another message. Once this one was shown to her, Ryoko quickly read over it before looking back to the other woman, shaking her head as she moved to fold her arms. "Nah, that's fine... thanks, though. Her work schedule's been more than a little unpredictable, so she's likely already there. Honestly, I'm hardly even sure how that place works… it's seemed so random from the start."

She was of course talking about the onsen that had started up. From what she had gathered, business had been very slow there, but she supposed that was good for some things at least… namely getting settled with things. "Some places just work that way, I guess… Teinei just seems to take it to a different level."
    Chell
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    35/35  (35/35)
    Health Bar:
    310/310  (310/310)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

Post by Chell on Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:20 pm

Now there was a thought. Chuckling, the former test subject shook her head, waving her hand to show that this most certainly had not been intentional. Even on her most uneventful days, Chell was probably the furthest thing from a prankster, and running around the inn so recklessly was the quickest way to make the place look bad, given that she was close friends with the owners. Plus, with some of the characters that lived around here? You never knew who you might, quite literally, run into. She was just glad that Ryoko was thus far proving to be among the more amiable ones.

Oh, and it looked like she was turning down her request to help look for this elusive friend of hers. Breathing out a little "oh", Chell nodded in understanding, feeling better for asking anyway. It was really the least she could do, in this sort of situation. Ryoko's assessment of what happened seemed to be the most likely guess, as most people with steady jobs seemed to be out and about at around this time. It made the inn a very quiet, peaceful place to be for at least a few hours out of the day (not that it was ever really noisy to begin with), making it one of her favorite times to relax, eat, and getting whatever she needed done.

Of course, that would all probably change once she herself got a job... whenever that would be, she told herself, feeling a pang of aimless dissatisfaction. Hopefully soon, if she was to have any way of making a true living for herself. Either way, she would miss the inn on days like these, and had concluded it was best to savor it now while she still could. Turning back to her notepad, she jotted down another quick message, holding it up for her new acquaintance once it was completed. "That sounds like a decent enough guess to me. I don't typically see as many people around here this time of the day, myself."

It was interesting that Ryoko noted that said place of work was "random", though. "Random" could refer to a great many things in the Breach, but the woman couldn't help but be a bit curious as to what she was referring to. A moment later, she seemed to get a name, which seemed... vaguely familiar, although she was having trouble pinning down exactly what it was. "Sounds like a lot of places here." she wrote, holding the note up with a slight smirk. "Teinei, though... somehow I feel like I've heard of that before. What is it?"
    Space Pirate Ryoko
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Space Pirate Ryoko on Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:04 am

Ryoko was a bit glad that her own remark had both amused Chell as well as given her the chance to wave it off. As the other woman seemed to understand that there really wasn't much to be done for finding the elusive former GP officer, Ryoko did still find it rather nice of her to offer to help her on the search. As far as jobs themselves went, the former space pirate had not yet settled into an official one herself, but given some of the ideas her mother had been tossing around about opening a new shop up, she had a strong feeling that that was set to change in the near future. Even with as much as she enjoyed all of this free time, she was admittedly looking rather forward to whatever Washu wound up figuring out.

At Chell's next message, Ryoko looked it over before nodding to her. "Yeah, that makes sense. I know everyone's got different schedules though, and hers has been no exception. Hers varies up by the week it seems, which wouldn't be so bad if she could give a better heads up with it." Oh well. It was what it was, and no matter what, that just made it all the more fun to get to catch Kiyone when she did.

Random did tend to be a very fitting adjective for a great many things on the Breach, and it seemed that that word in particular had piqued her new companion's interest. The former space pirate nodded at Chell's first note, although she soon wound up blinking and raising her eyebrows at her next message. Huh, where to begin…

"Teinei?" repeated Ryoko, thinking for a couple of seconds before moving to gesture a little as she spoke. "It's some onsen resort… you know, hot springs and the like. It's set up around the Boolean Mountains with some outdoor hot springs, a dojo, a restaurant, and a little inn to stay at. Nothing like this place of course… way more temporary and just… kind of a getaway place. The concept of it is nice and all, but it's really out of the way, and it seems like it was set up out of nowhere."

Last edited by Space Pirate Ryoko on Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    Chell
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    35/35  (35/35)
    Health Bar:
    310/310  (310/310)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

Post by Chell on Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:05 pm

Chell gave an affirmative nod as Ryoko mentioned schedules, inwardly sympathizing with the woman. It must have been confusing to know someone who had such a random schedule, though she herself had never experienced it. Her own friends, while often busy with the upkeep of the inn, always seemed to be able to find some time to come over and visit, or go on their own adventures if the mood struck them, so they were never too hard to keep up with. That was just how life worked out sometimes, sadly, and she would probably find herself having much less free time to drop everything and have her own excursions whenever she felt like it once she got her own job. It was definitely something to look forward to if it happened, but for now, she was doing her best to enjoy that freedom while she could.

As far as Teinei went, it... rang a bell, but Chell couldn't place where she'd heard the name, and she'd definitely never seen the resort. It struck her as surprising, especially considering she tended to visit the mountains as much as she could. Maybe she'd seen it advertised somewhere, or overheard the name in conversation. It didn't seem like something she would seek out on her own, at the least--spas and hot springs were not something that appealed to her, and generally seemed like a waste of time and productivity. She didn't really look down on people who did enjoy them, of course, but as restless and energetic as she was, it wasn't something she had been tempted to try yet.

Still, not wanting to put down this person's place of work, she only cocked her head to the side, brows knit together in a look of befuddlement. "It must be out of the way--I'm up in the mountains often, and I've never heard of it." she wrote, presenting the paper to Ryoko with an expressive shrug. "I don't normally keep up with these things, though. Seems like there are new businesses popping up all the time, and it's hard to keep track."

All this talk about the mountains and businesses brought a new question to mind though, and Chell found herself looking over the woman curiously. She wondered how long she had been here, and how much she had seen--Ryoko seemed to be more up to date on the goings-on of the Breach than she was, certainly, and that was enough for her to further the conversation. "What do you do, out of curiosity? Any jobs, hobbies?"
    Space Pirate Ryoko
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Space Pirate Ryoko on Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:03 am

Ryoko caught Chell's head tilt and baffled expression, and once the woman had finished writing her next message to her, she couldn't help but in amusement. Oh-ho, so Chell had been to the mountains a lot yet she hadn't heard of Teinei? Now this was rich… not only was the advertising apparently not working, the whole place was unknown to a frequent mountaineer. Ryoko loved her friend, but really, she'd raised an eyebrow at that resort from the onset. Nodding, the former space pirate stated, "Yeah, it's way out there. That's weird though… I mean, you being up there but not having heard of or seen it. That's their fault, though."

At Chell's shrug and next bit of text, Ryoko shrugged back, noting, "Eh, it happens. I mainly hear about them from my mom, some of my friends, or if something interesting catches my eye." She kept up with some happenings on her own, but with everything that happened in this world, it was good to have other sources. "With so many appearing and changing, yeah, it can be tricky. At least there's something for everyone, though."

The exchange settled into a brief lull as Chell seemed to get another idea for something to write, and a moment later, Ryoko herself presented with two interesting and very good questions. She blinked at first, motioning to herself as she asked, "Me?" The questions were fine of course, but how best to answer them?

After thinking for a moment, Ryoko folded her arms and said, "Well, I pretty much do my own thing. Relax, hang out, fly around… stuff like that. I don't have an actual job yet, but I help my mom out with some stuff at home. We might start up something of our own sometime, though. As for hobbies… well, I already said three! Aside from those… really just things related to them. How about you?"

Current date/time is Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:47 am