Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Green Onions

Post by K.A.R.R. on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:07 pm

Time: Morning
    Date: December 9th, 0004

Aside from light traffic the highways had been relatively quick to traverse, KARR's body a glossy blur under the morning sun. It was only when he neared the city limits that he allowed the shrill of his turbines to dwindle from their roaring speeds to a more street-savvy idle, his scanner sweeping ever vigilantly from side to side. Within his cockpit the AI allowed the radio to play during the trip, a smooth tune of a guitar and an organ echoing quietly through the cabin.

Ghetto Gateway certainly fit the nature of this place, all around there was some sort of decay and desolation to the buildings. Windows were caged and boarded up, and from what the AI could tell from his surveillance mode, there was something suspicious going on every few seconds. It was an absolute cesspool of crime! "This is the exact location of your coordinates." He commented, keeping his scanners on the surrounding area. The last thing the AI wished was for some fool trying to catch them off guard and make the Tras-Am end up like the hoopdee he had detected in an alleyway they had passed:

Stripped, on cinderblocks, and missing more than his radio. As if he would be so vulnerable...

"I would not assume our target to be here." KARR remarked evenly, staying at a comfortable cruising speed. "If he were, you would not have gotten the reading that you had."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Green Onions

Post by Fear on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:21 pm

K.A.R.R. always played the darnedest things on that radio of its... Not that it was unpleasant, of course.

As expected, the Dark Judge was silent throughout the entire journey - at least until the vehicle urged him to speak. "Jak Mar is not here," Judge Fear elaborated. Of course not! What sort of young man with hardly anything to his name, aside from a gun and a pair of misshapen goggles, would traverse this deplorable city block? The crime was certainly tempting but the Dark Judge was here for other matters; more pressing matters. He held up a rotten hand and signaled for K.A.R.R. to stop. "This location will do," the ghoul hissed. Once both automobile and driver had come to a complete stop, the Dark Judge languorously glanced around. Hmm... "Stay on high alert. I need you to be diligent while I ferret our quarry from his wretched hiding place."

That was all the Dark Judge said as the inside of his helm grew dark, Judge Fear's posture and head drooping. He will be back momentarily, after he had successfully reached contact with their target. For now, though, it was best that K.A.R.R. sit tight and keep to the shadows.

Mar... a voice called out to the void, hissing and deep, as icy tendrils sought one mind and one mind only. Mar, you have not upheld your end of the agreement... Where are the bodies you promised me? Why have I not heard news of your slaughter? Do you think to default on our agreement? You cannot trick Justice, Mar. One way or another, the law will find you... and then? And then you shall be punished for your sins. Answer, boy. Answer, for your time was running out.
    Jak and Daxter
    Dead!

Dead!

Level : 8

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Jak and Daxter on Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:53 pm

Jak was keeping quiet, almost too quiet in fact until that silence was broken by that icy feeling and scraping of the inside of his head by a familiar voice. AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Jak fell to his knees and held his head.
    Mar... a voice called out to the void, hissing and deep, as icy tendrils sought one mind and one mind only. Mar, you have not upheld our end of the agreement... Where are the bodies you promised me? Why have I not heard news of your slaughter? Do you think to default on our agreement?

As soon as Jak began to talk, Jak's dark side began to claw his way to the top, and anger was biting at his lips "There..were a few complications...Those damn ISOs.. they put Jak in prison.. Biting his hatred was one thing.

Light Jak held Dark Jak back and gritted his teeth.. "Do not let Jak die.. Please.. I'll..go" Light Jak made a last ditch attempt to try and get Jak's body out. Light Jak closed his eyes..."If anyone hears me...anyone... Jak is in trouble."

Dark Jak pushed Light Jak aside and said "No..Things would of worked out yet some heroes tried to save the day. Dark Jak growled, trying to keep his anger in check.

K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:58 pm

KARR's cruising continued for a few moments more, scanning his surroundings as he arrived at an intersection. Even the street lights were in disrepair here, the traffic light dull and grungy from a lack of maintenance. Once the Dark Judge had spoken again, the light had turned and the AI drove down another street. This one seemed just as malicious as the last, though there did not seem to be as many cars in their alleyways.

Slowing down, the Trans-Am pulled into a dark passage, idling into the shadows before stopping as directed. "Very well, I will ensure no one disturbs us while you search." He replied, tinting out the windows until they were an impenetrable glossy black. However, the car remained at idle, KARR's scanners monitoring the alleyway and streets for any sign of an interloper...

Or maybe their target, should he show his face.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:17 pm

Incompetence! Judge Fear openly hissed and squeezed, the Dark Judge's mental grip on Jak Mar's mind becoming increasingly severe. I read the newspaper, Mar. Your latest stint at the Inn was downright laughable. Hardly two weeks in and Jak Mar goes and gets himself arrested. No bodies, no judgement throughout the city, no fear - just arrested because he had been incredibly stupid. You know how Judge Fear rewarded stupidity?

Another twist, another squeeze; Jak Mar's mind was at the mercy of Fear itself. No one will come save you, scoffed the Dark Judge. Why should they, Mar? You are but a fool, incapable of accomplishing even the simplest of deeds. No, this city will leave you to rot for your ineptitude. Come out and face me, boy. It is better to put you out of your suffocating misery than it is to let you stumble around this world lost and confused. You are a disgrace and only in death shall you regain what little honour remains. My offer goes only once. Should you refuse it and be stubborn about your fate, I will hunt you down until the end of days. There will be no escape and there will be no mercy... I come for you, Jak Mar. I come, and this time you will not be granted pardon. And thus the ultimatum had been given.

Judge Fear's icy grasp lessened, but only just enough to remind Jak Mar of who really was in control. I wait for you in the Outer City, where the ghettos run rampant. Be here within the hour, Mar. If I do not detect your presence by then and you are still foolish enough to disrespect my generosity, I will make your death as painful and as slow as possible - personally. The choice is yours.

Nothing but silence echoed within Jak Mar's mind afterwards, the Dark Judge's lingering decay fading away into oblivion.
    Jak and Daxter
    Dead!

Dead!

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Jak and Daxter on Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:05 pm

Jak squeezed his eyes and held his head harder, and tried to resist the pull on his mind "AHH... AhhhhAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHH!" There was the reply again...

No one will come save you, scoffed the Dark Judge. Why should they, Mar? You are but a fool, incapable of accomplishing even the simplest of deeds. No, this city will leave you to rot for your ineptitude. Come out and face me, boy. It is better to put you out of your suffocating misery than it is to let you stumble around this world lost and confused. You are a disgrace and only in death shall you regain what little honour remains. My offer goes only once. Should you refuse it and be stubborn about your fate, I will hunt you down until the end of days. There will be no escape and there will be no mercy... I come for you, Jak Mar. I come, and this time you will not be granted pardon. And thus the ultimatum had been given.

Judge Fear's icy grasp lessened, but only just enough to remind Jak Mar of who really was in control. I wait for you in the Outer City, where the ghettos run rampant. Be here within the hour, Mar. If I do not detect your presence by then and you are still foolish enough to disrespect my generosity, I will make your death as painful and as slow as possible - personally. The choice is yours.

Dark Jak looked at Jak as he turned Dark Jak again and began to run as fast as he possibly could...away from the crime filled city...away from everything...

He was no fool... He had his own methods of getting away if necessary. Dark Jak started to run as fast as his legs could carry him. He searched for higher ground. It was then he heard a few people scream. "Ah...food

Dark Jak felt attracted to the people as they got closer, one was carrying some sort of light food on his and they attempted to run. Dark Jak grabbed them, and as they tried to fight back, a few bloodstains covered Dark Jak's claws and feet. He felt awful but he must kill to survive. The blood he scrapped from the human's arms he licked off, as he made his way toward the Outer District. He shuddered but he kept going. This voice still tried to pull at Jak's mind messing with it while he was getting closer.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:59 pm

So he wasn't fleeing...

Within an instant the Dark Judge's helm sparked to unlife, Judge Fear's emblazoned glare now transfixed upon one of K.A.R.R.'s CRT monitors. "Jak Mar is on his way," the ghoul hissed. "As soon as you have him within your sights, immediately block off his escape routes and prepare to incapacitate him. I want his legs broken before I take delight in torturing his worthless spirit." Let it be said that Judge Fear did not like to be scorned. Oh, the many wicked things he had in store for that iniquitous mortal... It brought a mild sense of excited frenzy to Judge Fear's otherwise perpetual existence.

As always, the ghoul checked to make sure his uniform was in proper accordance before any major work commenced. He wanted to look his absolute best when Jak Mar pleaded for his miserable life. Judge Fear saw nothing out of place and he addressed K.A.R.R. with a raspy, "I am ready. Let us rid these crime-infested streets of Jak Mar and bring justice to Portal City at last!"

It was time for a reckoning like none other!
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:34 pm

All the while Judge Fear had been speaking on a higher level with their target, KARR kept his electronic eyes on the surrounding populace. Every now and again a vagabond would walk by, their arms clenched tightly to their sides as they braved the cold. Other than a few hijackings and a bike theft further down the road however, not much was worth the AI's immediate interest.

At least until the undead Judge reanimated in his driver's seat. KARR's voice modulator flickered with bars of yellow as he addressed his passenger. "You have located him?" The reply that came next was enough to satisfy the Trans-Am's question, now silent as he listened to the ghouls' further instructions. "As you wish. His appearance is saved to my databanks since the first time we saw him, scanning for his appearance and... Interesting behavior should not be too hard." He assured evenly.

The CRT monitors flickered to life, allowing the Dark Judge to see what could not be viewed through the heavily tinted windows. If the boy was indeed following Judge Fear down to this crime infested part of the city, a little surprise would have to be in order for them when they arrived. KARR pulled himself further into the alleyway, turning about at a turn in the service way and reversing into a lane across from a dead end in the darkened passages. once he was satisfied with the view he had given the Dark Judge, KARR turned his surveillance mode to the streets, a visual of the passers by playing on their screens.

Outside of his interior, the sleek vehicle blended with the shadows, not a single light glowing on its surface save for the sweeping glow of an amber scanner.
    Jak and Daxter
    Dead!

Dead!

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Jak and Daxter on Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:44 pm

Jak had been cautious, very cautious now.. He had to be prepared for whatever happened. He swerved around the criminals and made sure he stayed in the line of them. He was going to swerve and run fast.

Jak had no idea what waited for him around the corner but he kept running .very fast... He even tried to fight back the control this voice had on him.

Jak ran until he could run no more, as he paced himself and stopped. A bunch of people had stopped in a group and he was in the middle of them.

He looked around and decided that revenge was going to be the strict option. This voice wasn't going to make a fool out of him. He moved closer and closed his eyes gritting his teeth, moving ever closer to the voice. He kept walking seeing crime around him but all he focused on is what was about to happen.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:41 pm

For the past few moments the AI's scans came up empty, only a few passing citizens wandering by the alleyway. Vandals, thieves, murderers, that was all that seemed to thrive where the law held no meaning. A few seconds later however, the AI noticed a different face on his scan of the surrounding street. Goggles, long ears, colorful clothing... The boy was exactly identical to the one they had encountered in the grasslands.

"I have located them." KARR stated within the cockpit. His CRT's switched over to a view of the street just outside the alleyway, revealing their target stumbling into a group of people. "It appears he means to keep himself concealed, perhaps protected by numbers..."

Well, the AI knew how to break up that little fantasy. A few lights upon the vehicle's overhead console lit up in sequence, followed by an electronic whirring noise. "Activating Microwave Ignition Sensors." KARR announced to his driver, a passing car showing up on his secondary CRT monitor. The amber scanner upon the car's nose quickened in pace as his systems went to work, quickly taking over the vehicle much to the driver's dismay.

In that same moment, the man's face turned to horror as he witnessed the steering wheel break free of him. His car turned towards the sidewalk, dangerously swerving left and right. No matter how hard he stomped on the brakes, the pedal refused to budge, leaving him doomed to watch his own vehicle drive towards the group of people Jak Mar sought safety in. In a final act of desperation, the man slammed his hand on the horn, while his other arm waved wildly at the crowd.

HONK! HONK! HOOOONK!

((Just a little "Black Ice":

If HIT, the dangerous vehicle swerves into Jak Mar's cover and scares them off, if MISS the vehicle hits the side of a building instead, but still draws attention from passersby away from Jak.))
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:41 pm

The member 'K.A.R.R.' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Coin Flip' :
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:57 pm

Closer, closer. Come closer, Jak Mar... Your fate had been sealed the moment you foolishly stumbled into the countryside!

K.A.R.R. wrote:"I have located them."
    Showtime.

Judge Fear didn't even have to declare their moment of attack; the vehicle already had other ideas. There was the unmistakeable screeching of tires, rubber burning against asphalt, as a car up ahead raced for a throng of people further down the broken road. It will surely crash into those hapless mortals if they did not leap out of the way to safety! Ah, imagine the generous amount of blood and torn limbs flying throughout the air... "Yeeeeeees!" gleefully exclaimed the Dark Judge, a sickly talon sliding across his thin neck. The gesture was universal: death!

It was regrettable that no one had outright perished during the heart-wrenching ordeal, but the ghoul would gladly drink of the liberal quantities of fear smothering the air. And look! There was Jak Mar, thinking to hide himself within the terrified masses! "The time for lurking within the shadows is now over!" Judge Fear hissed at his accomplice. He tightly gripped K.A.R.R.'s steering wheel and pressed a nearby button, switching the controls into manual override. You know what came next, don't you? The Dark Judge practically slammed his decrepit heel on the gas, K.A.R.R.'s powerful engine lurching to life as if it were a sleeping behemoth. Hear that blood-chilling roar, that malevolent desire to crush all life beneath four murderous wheels! It cried for one man and one man only: Jak Mar!

There was a sickening crunch as Judge Fear sharply jerked the wheel left, thereby swerving K.A.R.R. out from the alleyway and emphatically onto the street. Dust and debris sprayed into the air and soon basked the automobile into an ominous cloud, leaving only K.A.R.R.'s amber scanner to idly swish back and forth. Not for long...

Powerful beams of light pierced through the swirling veil as K.A.R.R.'s high-beams illuminated the startled group of people before it.

Jak Mar was caught right in the crosshairs.

For a tense few moments the vehicle was content to idle in place, its driver making no move. Nothing but silence, nothing but hearing your heart loudly pound in your chest... its furious throbs echoing between your temples and running your limbs cold. Nothing but the soft, powerful rumbling of the vehicle's motor as it continued to stare you down. Again, not for long...

Vroom...

...A challenged had been declared before the engine settled back down, the beast growling.

Vroom...

...Louder now. Louder now did the beast call out to thee.

Vroom. VROOM! VROOM!

Hear its cries! Hear its hunger! The vehicle jolted to sudden life, a terrible mechanical whine penetrating the air while it prepared its charge. It rear wheels swerved left and right as more dust and debris scattered to the four winds, the beast almost playing with its prey before the executioner's axe came crashing down.

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH!
    The axe had fallen and all hope was lost! The horseman comes for you, Jak Mar!

Power. Nothing but raw, unadulterated power escaped from the beast's hungry belly. Its din was deep, its din was ravenous. Nearby windowpanes of the buildings facing the street shook and rattled as the beast thundered closer, its very soul insatiable and desiring of but one. Should any passerby or onlooker be foolish enough to remain in its path, they were subsequently... crushed. The beast wanted not them, the beast wanted not their suffering! The broken and battered bodies of criminal and citizen alike were effortlessly tossed aside or plowed through, the beast not once stopping. It wanted you, Jak Mar!

It wanted you, and its glistening fangs forged by Pontiac itself thirsted for your blood! Impact was imminent and it was up to fate to see if Jak Mar could roll away unscathed. Regardless of that, however, there was yet another danger for the long-eared anti-hero to worry about.

A great, dark cloud ejected itself from the vehicle at the very last minute; chains rattled and white-hot embers glowed in the fog of war. "Hisssss...!" Do you recognize that smell, Mar? Do you recognize the smell of death itself? Something stirred beyond the veil... Something tall and menacing, and a pair of merciless flames, hotter than any funeral pyre, peered out from the dust to glare upon the very soul it wanted.

"Jak Mar..." called out a deep, resonating voice.

Dust settled and soon the young man had come face-to-helm with the very source of his woes, a silver badge carrying one word that stood above all others:

FEAR.

The Dark Judge had showed himself at last.

C is for Christine: flipping a coin ; if HIT, Jak Mar takes damage (this is purely for text-based purposes only).
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:57 pm

The member 'Judge Fear' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Coin Flip' :
    Jak and Daxter
    Dead!

Dead!

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Jak and Daxter on Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:02 pm

Jak Mar muttered a brief "Shit before the strange car like vehicle scared off all the people around him uncovering his hiding spot.  If this guy wanted to play, how about fire against fire?

Jak held his head in pain slightly gritting his teeth, as his dark side began to take over and stand in position.  Dark Jak hissed back "I've...smelled death before, stranger." Jak's menacing dark side growled quite inhumanly "Do you think.. I'm new to the whole death thing, stranger? I've killed many Krimzon guards in my world..."

"Hisssss...!" Do you recognize that smell, Mar? Do you recognize the smell of death itself? Something stirred beyond the veil... Something tall and menacing, and a pair of merciless flames, hotter than any funeral pyre, peered out from the dust to glare upon the very soul it wanted.

"Jak Mar..." called out a deep, resonating voice.

Dust settled and soon the young man had come face-to-helm with the very source of his woes, a silver badge carrying one word that stood above all others:

FEAR.

The Dark Judge had showed himself at last.

As the creature showed his face, it was beast vs beast. Dark Jak vs the creature.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________

Dark Jak-

Dark Bomb- If HIT, Judge Fear takes damage.

Dark Jak releases a shockwave of Dark Eco energy spreading over a large radius, wiping out any enemy within range. It is primarily useful for taking out many enemies on the ground in short range at once, during ambushes or large-scale engagements.
    It is slightly effective against a small few very tough enemies. Dark Blast is a very similar move, except with a wider range and recommended for use against aerial enemies.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:02 pm

The member 'Jak Mar' has done the following action : Dice Rolls