450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Plumbing is Nice

Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:59 am

Time: 10:30
    Date: June 4th, 0004

So this was the fabled Stockpot Inn...

A cozy building with some personal touches, Rasa'Jeqkogoai could not have misplaced it even if he tried. The large bell situated atop the complex was a unique landmark in and of itself. "Hmm..." He supposed this was it, then. The Sangheili lowered his gaze and proceeded to forge on ahead, Rasa'Jeqkogoai entering the establishment with a low dip of his head. Although the front door was not made for his particular height in mind, it did not bother the Covenant soldier; this was fairly typical of human-esque architecture. Are these wooden floors? The sound of his thundering footfalls echoed throughout the main walkway as Rasa'Jeqkogoai made his rounds for inspection. So far it seemed like a standard living unit... He will first need to see an actual room before making any final decision, however.

The Sangheili eventually found his way toward the main desk, where he stopped at the counter and waited. It was dreadfully hard to miss something so big and blue standing in the middle of this room. Rasa'Jeqkogoai wondered, did they have any room to accommodate him?

((Note: Hey KiKi! I know you're busy with real life, so don't feel compelled to post in this thread if you can't spare the time. Just post whenever you feel like it, alright? You take care!))
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Plumbing is Nice

Post by Link64 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:08 am

In the eleven days since the four Hyruleans had been cursed, they had effectively got used to their new forms and unpredictable transformations… or at least as far as they could get used to such. They were all still adapting of course, but as far as curses went, the somewhat controllable nature of these particular ones did help a lot… they still had to be careful around water until they could find a permanent cure, but as it stood, so far they were all turning this into a bonding experience. Making the most out of an otherwise unfavorable situation was just one of the things that Link and those that had become his family excelled at.

As it was right now, the Hero of Time had just finished drying off from where Tatl had fetched some hot water for him a few minutes ago. Around the morning tasks at the inn, including checking in with their fellow staff after their breakfast in Impa's room, Link, Link, and Sheik had all had the misfortune to get caught by a rogue splash courtesy of a water pitcher in the dining area.  Whilst everyone else was positive that Sheik had been spared a transformation given the nature of her own curse, the three friends were thankfully able to all be changed back by the time they returned to Link's office. From there, they decided that both the Hero of Winds and disguised princess should set out for a few planned errands together, as it certainly helped to have one of them that would stay a Hylian even when the curses were activated. Better safe than sorry, after all.

Whilst Tatl set off to return one of the kettles from earlier, Link himself set about double checking the list of daily tasks inside of the office. It looked like this morning was going to be a pretty standard one, so with a slight nod to himself, the boy turned right before stopping suddenly. The tips of his ears perked up at catching the unmistakable sound of heavy-footed steps plodding across the lobby… and although he wasn't sure who those footsteps belonged to, something told him the light morning was about to have the added event of helping a potentially new tenant get set with a room.

Sure enough, the footsteps seemed to end just shy of the main desk, and another second later, Link moved to appear from behind the office door. The smile he wore was soon accompanied by his eyebrows raising in surprise at just who stood before him. He was pretty sure he had never seen this person or anyone like him anywhere before, but sweet Farore was this guy tall! He was even bigger than Darunia, and almost as tall as his own Fierce Deity form!

Trying to keep his awe in check, Link moved to take his place standing behind the desk before stating, "Hi there, welcome to the Stock Pot Inn! My name is Link."  He paused to nod slightly before asking, "Is there something I can help you with?"
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 40

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:52 pm

??? wrote:"Hi there, welcome to the Stock Pot Inn! My name is Link."
    So it seemed the warrior would be helped after all.

By now the Sangheili was content to stand before the lobby's main counter and tower, Rasa'Jeqkogoai not leaving until his specific demands had been met. With respect and dignity, of course. Now, who was this coming to greet him?

Whoever this young boy was, he did not immediately register in the alien's mind as human; no such individual from the Sangheili's universe had pointy ears. That said, Portal Breach never ceased to amaze and it would not be wise to make assumptions based on appearances alone. "Yes, there is something I require from your services. I need a room and one that will satisfy my individual requirements." There was then a slight pause from the alien and he managed to add, "...If that will not be too much to ask for." Respect and dignity for other species was far harder to apply than it was to imagine, and the soldier was still not used to addressing other non-Sangheili on equal footing. Should he desire anything from this boy, however, then a new tone was necessary. Mandibles flared outward to reveal sharp teeth, but the Sangheili had no intentions of making a nuisance of himself.

"Forgive my previous disrespect," he admitted fault. "My name is Rasa'Jeqkogoai and I would like a room at the Stockpot Inn; one that has dimensions in mind for my non-customary build. Will that be possible, the Link?" Some habits were harder to break than others.
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:55 pm

Link was never one to assume, but given the way that the towering Sangheili had been standing there, he had a feeling that he was most likely set to inquire about a room. Sure enough, he was looking for one, and not just a normal one… but one that would meet his own needs. That made plenty of sense regardless of his sturdy build, and whilst the rooms mostly came with a pretty general design, they were very easily modifiable. Most modifications, if any, were made by the tenant of course, but there were some things the inn staff could help them out with, especially in the case of the impressive prospective tenant here.

The boy nodded both at the request for a room and the added note of it not being too much to ask for, right before stating, "No, of course not. The rooms at the inn tend to have a basic layout, but we always do our best to help out anyone who wants to live here."

At Rasa's apology and introduction, Link nodded to him as he opened up the list of current rooms. With a quick glance at it and an inward smile at the way he was referred to as 'the Link', he looked back up to the alien, making sure not to slip into his battle instincts at catching the sharp teeth he was showing. They were certainly neat, though! "Oh, that's all right. It's nice to meet you! As for the rooms here, they're actually pretty sizable, and we have had tenants that were closer to your build, so I'm sure that that would be possible." The exact dimensions varied of course, but that was the nature of the Breach.

"The ceilings on all of the floors are taller than you, but they are a bit higher on the fourth floor, if you would prefer something like that." As for the appliances and furniture, despite his height, Link himself was fairly confident that it would all suit him, and if it didn't, than he knew Impa would be more than happy to help them modify it to meet Rasa's needs. If his own transformation into a Goron or hers into a panda were any proof that the inn could handle differently dimensioned-residents, then the Cybertroians they had had here certainly were, regardless of their shrinking rings.
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:17 pm

It did Rasa'Jeqkogoai's initial concerns wonders to hear that the Stockpot Inn had tenants with larger, more bulkier frames than the standard, for a lack of a better term, human dimensions. He doubted that the Inn's basic beds would cater to the Sangheili's towering height fully, but one could always request to install modifications. Or make them, rather. "The fourth floor is a very generous offer but I cannot use stairs with ease and elevators are far too cramped for my liking," Rasa'Jeqkogoai had to admit. Neither option was very comfortable and the soldier preferred something more... practical, if the boy didn't mind. "Do you have anything on the first floor? I am not picky regarding the room's location; only that it be on ground level and that I have an acceptable level of privacy." The latter was extremely important, particularly for prayer and meditation. And, now that Link had already broached the subject and Rasa'Jeqkogoai found his curiosity eating away at him, he decided to ask the young boy a second question.

"You mentioned that your rooms tend to have a basic layout. What does this entail?" he asked. The Sangheili had never bunked in what he was going to assume was an Earth-style quarters before. It was logical that the room will have a bed and an area for personal grooming and hygiene - what humans called a bathroom, he remembered. What else, though? Another question came to mind and Rasa'Jeqkogoai asked not soon after, "And will I be allowed to decorate?" If he could perhaps add small memories of home and his brethren...
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:45 pm

Link nodded as Rasa'Jeqkogoai noted that the fourth floor would not work for him, inwardly thinking that that might have been the case. It had been worth suggesting, though, and the Sangheili's answer helped give him a better idea of just what he might have to consider to help the possible new tenant out. Before he could suggest the first floor from his other though, it seemed that Rasa'Jeqkogoai had thought about the same thing. Whilst the first floor was always a good option, she the cases of their absolute heaviest residents, the young hero didn't like to automatically assume that a larger one would want that.

"Of course! We have plenty of rooms on the first floor," said Link, already mentally sorting out just which available rooms might work out for the Sangheili. "This might be an inn, but I can promise that every room is very private. The walls have great sound-proofing, and it really does feel like your own place… not just a room at an inn."

Before Link could mark down a certain room on the first floor, his ears perked up slightly at the question of the basic layout. Smiling a bit more, he quickly made that note and pulled out a floor plan of the rooms here, placing that on the front desk for Rasa'Jeqkogoai to get a good look at. "Each room is set up pretty much like this, and they include a den, bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen. The furniture you see here is all there… and yes, you are allowed to decorate. My friends and I have decorated our own rooms so that they're more like what we had in our world. They're not exactly the same, but they definitely make the places feel more… like home."
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:33 pm

"Good," the Sangheili nodded with approval. So long as his business was not freely aired to those around him, Rasa'Jeqkogoai will be quite content. Now, regarding this room layout... The muscular alien leaned forward for a better inspection and his eyes made quick work of the blueprint. As expected, these were human specifications, or close thereof, but they were tolerable enough to his liking. The Sangheili would be able to work with everything, including the awkward toilet and showering unit. "I cannot find a reason to voice any displeasure," he eventually said, picking up his gaze to match the boy's. Yes, they all missed a piece of their homes, didn't they? Rasa'Jeqkogoai glanced down at the layout one more time, perhaps using it as an excuse to reminisce, and then added, "Decorations will help mend the gaps in our hearts, but we also mustn't forget that home belongs to both physical and spiritual realms. We have to make the most of it and carry on our people's respective legacies." Ah, such a cumbersome burden...

Enough of that, however. The Sangheili cleared his thoughts and focused back onto Link, amber eyes sharply concentrating. "If you are able to situate me today, I would be most grateful and I can cover any fees that may apply with owning one of your rooms. As I am a soul of little possessions and value, you needn't worry about helping me with any belongings - I have none." Just the items on his back and his name, which Rasa'Jeqkogoai would not trade for all the wealth in this strange, confusing world.
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:00 am

Link was glad to hear that Rasa'Jeqkogoai didn't find anything amiss in the room plans for his own needs. He knew that it could be tricky for someone that didn't have an average humanoid frame (that much had been proven true even before Impa had gained her current curse), but at least the rooms were easy enough to adapt to. Nodding at the Sangheili's words, he met his gaze for a moment… just before he looked back down to the layout.

What Rasa'Jeqkogoai said next caused the Hero of Time to blink and widen his eyes slightly, his expression shifting to more of a pensive one. His words made perfect sense, and really, that was one of the best ways to describe some of what Link had felt once he had started to decorate and modify his room for himself. He had known most of this in his heart and his advice from Impa, but even so… that statement really hit home. "Yeah… you're right. They do help mend those gaps, and even though I always remember where home belongs for me, I've found that the decorations helped with that. I promised to make the most of it when I first came here… and I'm determined to carry on for my world."

Jumping back into his focus for work at the alien's next words, Link smiled a little sheepishly at his note about not having to help with any belongings. Whilst he would have been more than happy to, he was just glad that their newest tenant would be able to get moved in easily. "I can help you get set up in a room right now, actually. And there are no fees or anything like that. The room, food here, and all other services are completely free."

With that, he moved to pull out and date a new room form. Reaching into the drawer which held the card keys, Link looked for one of the rooms on the first floor, soon fishing out the one for a room that he hoped the Sangheili would like. Making a note of it on his own list as well as the form, he then placed the paper and corresponding cardkey on the desk for Rasa'Jeqkogoai.

"All right, if you can just write your name and sign here, that cardkey and the room are yours!"

Date: June 4th, 0004
    Room: 108
    Name: _________________
    Signed: ________________
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:08 am

Link wrote:"I promised to make the most of it when I first came here… and I'm determined to carry on for my world."
    "And that is a very noble and respectable thing to do," Rasa'Jeqkogoai agreed. It would be a great travesty, after all, if one's entire culture was lost due to ignorance and apathy. The Sangheili had every intention of decorating his room to the best of his ability and with whatever Portal Breach granted, so he was naturally overjoyed to hear that the Stockpot Inn encouraged such practices. It was rather generous of them, but their generosity was about to expand. "...For free?" the warrior hesitantly repeated. One could stay at this inn without paying? And food, too! Wait, this wasn't new. Tally had told him this already! He lightly shook his head to rearrange any jumbled thoughts and instead focused on a piece of paper presented before him.

Ah right, a signature was required. Rasa'Jeqkogoai was all too happy in obliging, but... His hand involuntarily twitched as a writing instrument was offered, the Sangheili's fingers subconsciously curling. Well, he'll make the most of it and give a determined attempt.

Rasa'Jeqkogoai took the pen (he assumed) and pressed its tip as carefully as he could against the paper's surface, gingerly trying to scribe:

Rasa'Jeqkogoai
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:53 am

Link smiled a little at Rasa'Jeqkogoai's voiced agreement, and that same smile broadened slightly at his question regarding the fact that everything at the Stock Pot Inn was free. Nodding firmly, Link stated, "That's right. I know it can be a little hard to believe, but it's true. Oh, and your cardkey doesn't just open your room. It can open the front door if you're out late at night, and showing it to the kitchen staff is how you can get the food here."

As the pen was offered to the Sangheili, Link watched curiously as he moved to write his name. His scribing was as gentle as it was deliberate, and soon enough, his name was written in both the basic characters as well as what the young hero guessed was his native language. Wow, that looked… really cool, actually. It reminded him of some of the symbols he had seen for other representations of the Hylian language over time that he'd read about in a book once, but more than anything, he was just happy he'd been able to help get the inn's newest tenant settled.

"Great, thanks!" exclaimed Link, nodding as he took the form and picked up the cardkey, holding it up for Rasa'Jeqkogoai. With a gesture to the opposite side of the desk past the stairwells, the young hero noted, "Everything's in order here… and your room is just that way to the left, straight down the hall. I hope you enjoy your stay at the inn!"
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:01 am

Well, this had been relatively painless enough. Rasa'Jeqkogoai took the cardkey when offered and he kept a tight hold of it. Seeing as how this small, slender strip of plastic was both his meal ticket and also passage into his room, the Sangheili was not about to enter a fit of carelessness and somehow misplace such an important item. If anything, he was going to carry it on his person at all times and never be without. "You have my eternal gratitude," Rasa'Jeqkogoai bowed his head to the boy as he walked past Link. Secretly the warrior was relieved, as having a place in the city meant he could be punctual for work and no longer worry about disappointing Tally. Won't she be excited to know the good news? In fact, perhaps he should invite Tally over to give her blessing and approval? Hmm... all in due course, he thought, for now it was time to inspect his room.

Following Link's gesture past the stairwells and to the left, Rasa'Jeqkogoai's mighty feet thundered down the hall. Thoom, thoom, thoom! An excited gait for an anxious soldier, weary of travel and hardened by the elements. He found his room number, the modest number of 108, and wasted no time in letting himself in.

...Click!

Ah, that new room smell... It was oddly soothing and, thankfully, devoid of that filtered air smell commonly found on Covenant cruisers. Rasa'Jeqkogoai could not complain either way and he eagerly slipped inside, broad shoulders lightly scraping against the door frame. The room was, as hoped, every bit as simple as the Sangheili imagined and he let out a quiet, relieved breath. Good. Very good, even. Lavish furnishings and exquisite adornments had never been Rasa'Jeqkogoai's preferred method of living; it was better to walk a path of humility than it was opulence. That said, the warrior crouched down to feel the room's carpet with his own hands and Rasa'Jeqkogoai had to subsequently... pause.

"Hmm... It's not grass or fresh dirt but it shall suffice," he evaluated. Leaving the carpet aside, the Sangheili rose up and continued to make his rounds around these strange, unfamiliar compartments. The bathroom will pose for a handful of problems, such as using a human-centric toilet, but there was no other alternative in sight and Rasa'Jeqkogoai was not about to squat over a lowly hole. He gave the shower one last quizzical look and left the awkward chamber, now heading for what he assumed to be... Aha! Yes, the bedroom.

The bedroom, where Rasa'Jeqkogoai promptly had a seat upon the bed and fell back.

Fwump!

Suffice to say, the bed upheld his weight with minimal protest and nothing fell apart. Excellent! It would have been rather embarrassing to walk out and tell Link that the bed collapsed due to immense weight. Rasa'Jeqkogoai had a little chuckle at that, resting both hands upon his armoured abdomen. "This will do," he murmured quietly. As much as the warrior fought and as much as the warrior tried, he felt sleep tug at the corners of his eyes and it was then, he knew, that a nap was not far over the horizon. He'll take just a modest one, Rasa'Jeqkogoai decided, eyelids drooping. The Stock Pot Inn wasn't like the battlefield on the sacred rings, where sleep came sparingly and to nap could invite death at one's feet. No, it was safe here, where the sounds of explosions and weapons' fire were all but a distant memory. Yes, a distant memory...

Rasa'Jeqkogoai shifted his weight and allowed both feet to dangle over the bed's edge, the Sangheili as comfortable as he was going to get. "This will do..." the warrior repeated, muscles slackening. In the next minute a new sound introduced itself to the cozy halls of the Stockpot Inn - the peaceful snoring of a tired and aimless soldier without war or purpose.

It was time to test just how soundproof these walls could be.

Current date/time is Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:41 am