Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Re: A new point of view

Post by Jak and Daxter on Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:17 pm

Jak Mar's face scrunched up in pain as the burning pain scratched through his mind, the voice tried to unmask the two sides of him.

Jak Mar fought to keep control of his dark side from wanting to take over and talk to this voice in his head...

Dark Jak's biting pain slightly viewed the voice from afar "... To death... how.... delicious.. He'd finally come back He just had to rid of Light Jak and the original Jak in the first place.  

The shock of Jak's  mind was becoming slightly hard to bare. Light Jak had to come out and defend Jak from being hurt anymore. Light Jak tried to place a mental barrier up to keep this thing... from digging any further...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jak used Light Jak- Jak's light form, a defensive form used to keep attacks at bay from Jak.

Defense-0/0
    Health-40/60
    Stamina- 6/11

Jak's eyes turned white, and his form turned into a light translucent form of Jak with wings and crossed his hands in front of the one called Judge Fear.  "I will no longer allow you to harm Jak." Light Jak stood serious. It was only a matter of time before Light Jak's mental barrier would break in front of Jak. Dark Jak would break through with the help of this voice and get Jak.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:58 pm

While the dueling consciouses battled over the mind of the intruder, outside it was rather quiet. Deathly still, even, despite the winds that blown through the grasslands. Save for the crunch of dried grass beneath the man's feet as he tried to stay upright despite Judge Fear's icy grip. If only he could have left the Dark Judge at the barn, there would be none of this yelling at the air, no scrunching faces in pain... Just a few bumps and he would be dealt with.

Why was the Judge wasting time with his mortal when he could be killed so easily? "Your methods seem quite excruciating, Judge Fear. However, do you not think there could be a faster way to deal with our intruder?" KARR asked evenly, though he did not fully expect an answer from his driver. The quicker they dealt with this man the better. However, so long as they were out here, a considerable distance from both road and building alike, he doubted they would have troubles from passerby or neighbors.

For now, the AI allowed himself some amusement through watching the pointy eared man clutch his head and make ridiculous faces in the middle of a field. At least until Judge Fear managed to describes his means through whatever end came of this strange circumstance.

15/15 DP
    140/140 HP
    19/19 AP
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:06 pm

The only answer K.A.R.R. received was a clawed finger being raised, the Dark Judge motioning for the vehicle to remain patient. You will see in due time, in due time... For now, however, simply watch and study. A battle of psychic energies was not something readily observed with the naked eye or, in this case, optic.

Back within the sinner's mind, Jak Mar had effectively been dealt with. It was this new entity, this so-called Light Jak, that was proving to be quite meddlesome. A barrier of manifested energies, somehow positively-reinforced and vibrant, obscured Judge Fear's clarity. It thought to impose this flimsy defense, did it? So be it then, the ghoul evenly remarked. There were ways to deal with... obstructions. There was another sudden wave of excruciating pain and this time they were entirely focused on this Light Jak. You delay only the inevitable. Give in, sinner, and fall to your knees. I will make it quick. But not painless. Judge Fear's toxic essence wound itself around Light Jak's defenses and began to squeeze. Barrier or not, it will fall just the same.

This was your chance, Dark One. Assume the mantle of control and assert your dominance!

Judge Fear: Aspect of Death

HP: 110/110
    DP: 15/15
    AP: 7/16

Power: Repent, Sinner! x3 (2d/1c)
    Target: Light Jak

Action: Mental Torture
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:06 pm

The member 'Judge Fear' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Attack/Heal (6-10)' : 5, 4, 7, 8, 10, 4

--------------------------------

#2 'Coin Flip' :
    Jak and Daxter
    Dead!

Dead!

Level : 8

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Jak and Daxter on Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:29 pm

Light Jak fought his hardest to avoid Judge Fear from letting Jak's dark side take control. He blinked but Judge fear was pushing back at his defenses trying to break it. The entity knew Jak wasn't dead, but slightly wounded. If he failed, there would be no way to defend Jak from going over to Judge fear's side.

Light Jak grabbed his feet and pushed at the ground. "Jak if you hear me... don't let Judge fear and Dark Jak agree to join forces.

____________________________________________________________________________________
    Does Light Jak's defenses break and let Dark Jak take over for good?

ATTACK HIT

Light jak falls to his own defenses, and Dark Jak takes over.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Light Jak's body stood in one place as the light eco quickly faded out of Jak's body as he almost screamed in pain.

The switch to Dark Jak was now a painful one. Dark Jak had now had white hair, pure black eyes, long black nails and long teeth. He stood over Light Jak with a foot on him in Jak's mind."So... I hear you like killing people for justice?

Last edited by Jak Mar on Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:29 pm

The member 'Jak Mar' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Coin Flip' :
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:13 pm

A single raised finger was the only response the AI received, an obvious sign for him to wait and watch. "...I see." Came his only reply, turning his scanners back on the man and monitoring him during the mental fight. The usual fluctuations to be expected in the man's vitals were present, heightened adrenaline, quick pulse and stressed heart rate. As for the man's brain activity however...Spikes and dips were present on the AI's scans, as if its processing abilities were trying to decipher and understand something completely foreign.

Keeping an optic on the man's movement, KARR found the brain wave scans and their erratic patterns to be quite intruiging. Every spike he figured to be brought on as defense against whatever attacks Judge fear was placing against the intruder, while the dips... At once the spiking ceased, the waves leveling out slightly. Had Judge Fear won the fight and his adversary admitting defeat, or had the ghoul lost instead and these were remnants of their struggle? His optics looked back into the darkened interior, meeting the dark Judge's helm. The colorful glow of the cockpit's lighting playing strange shapes over his forged features, bluish light continuing to steadily glow from the slits in his helm.

With no brain waves or other vitals to go off of, KARR could only look to the ghoul's body for a sign. A form that preferred corpse-like rigidness to any trace of showing pain or fatigue. What was going on in there that he was missing?

15/15 DP
    140/140 HP
    19/19 AP
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:40 pm

And just like that, it was over. Light Jak was no match for the Dark Judge's insidious advances and the battle had been won. Now all that remained was the incapacitated Jak Mar and the polar opposite of light itself, Dark Jak. What to do with this destructive entity? It would have been easy to do away with Jak Mar and be done with him, but whereas K.A.R.R. was more concerned with practicality... Judge Fear had detected a great opportunity.

You have heard correctly, the ghoul replied. Judge Fear's energies pulled together and manifested themselves as a morose green cloud, the very area around him nauseating. None of his characteristic features could be seen as he had thus chose to remain incorporeal. Although I prefer the term judging. Stating that he killed for justice was making things far too obvious. Circling around the one known as Dark Jak, the ghoul's noxious fumes effectively prevented the twisted sinner from treading elsewhere in Jak Mar's mind. And I am to assume that you, Dark One, are to inhabit this body and rightfully claim Jak Mar as your own? Judge Fear inquired. Interesting, interesting... Regardless of the horned mortal's answer, Judge Fear already knew what had to be done.

The Dark Judge ceased swimming around his captive and pooled before Dark Jak to hiss, You will do, yes. Already I have single-handedly allowed you escape from your other ego and you, Dark One, now hold dominion over this vessel. I could effortlessly subjugate your will to do my bidding or eradicate your very existence, but I have other plans for you. Ergo, a choice was now presented to Dark Jak.

If you wish to enjoy your newly-granted freedom, then you shall go forth into this world and slay any and all mortals that you come across, Judge Fear commanded. If you refuse, I will simply kill Jak Mar and you shall perish along with him.

The decision... was yours.
    Jak and Daxter
    Dead!

Dead!

Level : 8

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Jak and Daxter on Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:52 pm

Dark Jak nearly frowned, he had been forced by choice. Either kill, or die by the hands of this... judge? He looked at Jak and frowned. He had to do fear's dirty work or face both Jak and him dying. He couldn't take another body right now and Jak was part of him.

Dark Jak looked at the hurt Jak and shook his head turning toward the dark judge and said "Alright... I agree to your deal, stranger

Jak frowned, and fell to his knees... No! Don't do this..."

Light Jak was stiff and looked at Jak wounded...

Dark Jak ignored the hurt Jak and turned to the voice in the dark. "In exchange, i offer you the empty spot in Jak's mind as a prize." "Light Jak is now a puppet for you, or the original Jak. Your choice.."

The green smoke around him prevented him from going any farther and he stood in one place. The Dark entity almost felt like a puppet on a string for Judge Fear, or a dog on a leash.

Last edited by Dark Jak on Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:25 pm

Nothing but silence was carried upon the winds, grass shifting and waving with every whistle and sigh of the passing breeze. KARR's amber scanner paced idly on his nose, keeping his systems focused on the man and monitoring his vitals curiously. Within the cockpit his driver stayed deathly silent, more than likely still focused on the being as he was intruding on their psyche. It had been minutes since this whole ordeal started, and from the looks of the pointy eared intruder the AI was beginning to figure his calmed brain waves was indeed the work of Judge Fear.

The man's body remained still, no limb or facial muscle moving as it was frozen in place. Fingers still clutched at his skull and his facial expression still wore the same grimace as earlier. It was almost as if the man had been turned to stone, petrified in one place despite the elements. A stance that remained since the extreme patterns in his brain wave readings had passed. Whatever the ghoul was doing in there, it looked like it made the person incapacitated.

"How goes your plan's progress?" KARR asked after his moment of contemplation, breaking the chilled silence of the cockpit. Something had to be going on in there from the strange readings he had gathered earlier, but he was unsure of what exactly it was.

15/15 DP
    140/140 HP
    19/19 AP
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:05 pm

Excellent! The Dark One had not only agreed to carrying out Judge Fear's wishes, but they had also offered a stake in this sinner's very being! At the moment the Dark Judge didn't have the strength to inhabit Jak Mar's body, nor was he a fully realized spirit, but the offer was not something that should be discarded. When the time comes I shall take what is mine, he spoke. At this moment, however, I require that you purge the arrogant sinners that populate this world. A simple task for someone of the Dark One's caliber, no? To make the deal even more sweeter to Dark Jak's sadism, Judge Fear had the courtesy to add, You may dispose of them as you see fit. I care not if you brutally send them on their merry way. It may even be preferred. No further instructions were necessary and the vile vapours around Dark Jak began to dissipate.

Remember, Dark One... We have a deal, said the voice. That suffocating hold on Jak Mar lessened and soon the corpse smell started to fade. The Dark Judge was on the move. Purge them. Purge all of them. Do this task for me and your freedom is earned. I will be back to make good on your offer when it is fitting. And then the ghoul's ominous presence was no more, Jak Mar and Dark Jak at last capable to do as they pleased.

Meanwhile within a certain vehicle...

Judge Fear's body suddenly came to motion, the ethereal glow inside his helm brightening. "It is done," he hissed, voice audible. He turned to face K.A.R.R.'s main console and further added, "I have successfully manipulated Jak Mar's darker ego to serve our purposes. We shall see what justice he releases upon the masses." No doubt the two-toned automobile had questions - questions it badly wanted answers for. Very well, let the truth come forth. "By having you hide in the surrounding vegetation, we have both avoided detection. I was able to psychically infiltrate the sinner's mind and warp it to my will. Whoever and whatever resides in Jak Mar's conscious has yielded to my commands. The threat is over - for now." All tools, after all, became useless over time.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:50 pm

KARR's optics fixed back on the Dark Judge as he drew his presence from their intruder, keeping his scanners on him for the moment. The fight within the man's concious had ended, but his still form could rouse and lash out at any one moment. However, such concerns were slightly lifted when Judge Fear finally stated his intentions. Manipulating the man's mind to serve their intentions... What could he have possibly seen in such a scrawny specimen to be of use?

"Indeed, hopefully your judgement on this one serves to be useful." KARR stated, observing the man a moment more before carefully retreating back into the field. The ghoul's statement on how the threat had ended only temporary was none too reassuring either. To use his corpse for a tool more than likely would have been less risky, though the AI knew that there were benefits to having a living thrall over a dead one.

He could only hope that the Dark Judge's plan did not backfire onto the both them. Silently he carried the Judge back to the barn, keeping to the thicker patches of vegetation in case their intruder turned tool decided to get curious.

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:17 pm