Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Re: Such Country, Very Banjo

Post by K.A.R.R. on Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:26 pm

Mind the Little Ones, Fear said, make sure they don't cause anything, Fear said... KARR's patience was already wearing thin with their loud singing, inwardly thanking Wilton for designing his interior to be sound proof to the outside and inside. Regardless, no sound dampening in the world could keep those three out of his head while he waited for Judge Fear to arrive.

They wanted more music? There was plenty on the tape still, the Laura Branigan woman had just finished singing a few seconds ago! Now they wanted something more aggressive, violent and fast. Save for the third one at least, they just wanted to sleep after their brief exercise in shouting lyrics out of tune. KARR pondered this for a moment, while catering to the shrunken head's interests did not take much processing power, it still was a partial distraction from the task at hand.

"You should rest. After all of your singing, you might strain yourselves if you continue at it." The AI suggested, keeping his scanners on the surrounding property. So far there were no tykes or grandparents making a run for it, but his audio receptors picked up something in the distance...

BRBRBRBRBRBRBRBBRRBRBRBBRBRRBRBBRBRBRBRR....

That must be Judge Fear now. Good, the sooner he returned, the sooner the AI could return his utility belt, talking shrunken heads and all.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:31 am

Johnny wrote:"I think you're a little mixed up, he must have meant his tool box. It's in the barn."
    "..." Before the Dark Judge could even explain that using a tractor to tow K.A.R.R. had been his intent, little Johnny went scampering off to fetch his father's toolbox. "This works too," the fiend ultimately decided. Soon the lively boy came back, toolbox in hand, and he didn't object to having a stranger on board. Excellent! The Dark Judge wasted no time and hopped on, taking whatever seat he could while trying to avoid having his cape get caught in any churning gears or parts. It wasn't the most comfortable of rides and it was certainly quite noisy, but it shall do. "Such a nice young man for offering this tired old man a ride," he hissed, quietly opening the toolbox. Screwdrivers, spanners, nuts and bolts... Ah, look at this fine wrench! It was twice as big and twice as heavy compared to the rest.

Judge Fear removed this particular tool and set it upon his lap, closing the toolbox despite all the rattling and shaking his bones made. Soon, very soon... First, however, the fiend wanted to study how little Johnny operated this chugging machine. "You seem very adept at these controls," said the Dark Judge. "Explain to me, Johnny... How would one operate this tractor? I am quite curious." For innocent reasons, naturally.

Be a good little boy and comply for your elders, no matter how rotten they may be.

"Rest? Nah, we're shrunken heads, pal. We ain't got no body to rest," argued the middle head.
    The left was inclined to agree and it was starting to become rowdy. "Let's hear another song," it demanded, stitched lips quirking. "Boss ain't here so he can't gripe at us. Another song!" Will the automobile comply? These two didn't sound like they'd be backing down in the next minute...
    "Zzz..."
    Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Level : ??

Post by Universal NPC on Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:00 am

Johnny while a helpful soul was also a simple one. He beamed at being called a nice young man, sitting a little straighter on the tractor and clipping legs against the side of it like it were a horse. "Thank you, sir." He replied chipperly, glancing back to look at the man as he rummaged through the box. He may have been quiet about opening it, but the child was still intrigued over the man's strange clothes. "Why are you all dressed up like that, with a helmet on your head?" Did he wear that while driving, how did he see through those tiny sits? That must have been how he got in that accident, Johnny decided, looking back towards where the tractor was heading.

A few moments later the man spoke up again, asking how the tractor worked. Eager to display his mechanical know-how the child pointed to a few switches and levers on the ancient vehicle. "Well, this lever here controls the brake, you push it forward to stop and pull it back to go. The one over here is what makes it go, Dad calls it a gearshift. You have to push in the button at the top to pull it back and forward. pushing it forward makes the tractor go slow, and pulling it back makes it go faster." Johnny explained, pointing at all the controls.

The child rounded about past the tall grass, driving the tractor onto the pavement. They were nearly there Judge Fear, soon the child would see the pool of blood. And we all knew how kids felt about seeing gratuitous amounts of blood and gore.

Johnny tilted his head and scrunched his face as he noticed a puddle of red on the pavement. "What's the red stuff on the ground?" Oops, too late.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 53

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:12 am

These heads, they were incessant little things. No wonder the Dark Judge never communicated with them while they were on his person. KARR listened to the middle and left head as they began to grow rowdy, demanding more music to listen to while they waited in the dark confines of the car's cockpit. Thankfully one had already fallen asleep, not interested in arguing or demanding more from the AI. He stayed silent for a moment, pondering the two that remained. If only they were alive, he could have just removed the oxygen from the cabin and called it a day.

Then again, if the laws of nature applied to anything that involved the Dark Judge, they would not even be speaking to him in the first place. Given that they were never going to be silent and complacent, and the AI did not much feel like having his interior reduced to a blackened crater, he had no choice but to comply for now. "Very well, more music it is." He replied, turning on the radio and flipping through the stations until a suitable channel popped up for them to listen to.

The beat was active and drumming, the lyrics equally bouncy in their tune. Hopefully not so much that the heads began to get even more rowdy, however.

KARR's surveillance mode noticed further movement on the horizon, a red tractor jittering and shaking down the driveway. Was that Judge Fear's plan to remove the bodies? The AI watched in amused silence as they passed, Judge Fear shaken to his bones while holding a tool box on a vehicle a few sizes too small for him. How the child was going to be dealt with seemed rather obvious given the ghoul's methods. KARR remained in the tall grass, keeping his optics on the two and the surrounding environment.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:59 am

Ah yes, children with their questions. Given that little Johnny was about to ask questions no more, the Dark Judge thought to humour him one last time before those precious eyes closed for good. "I am a Judge of the law, sworn to my oath in both life and death," he truthfully answered. "What you see is my garb of office - a Judge's uniform. It is worn wherever I go." That included cape, joint guards, skintight bodysuit, and intimidating helm. The boy was more than welcome to contemplate how the fiend got into the hypothetical automobile accident. So long as he explained how to control the tractor with simple enough instructions, the Dark Judge saw no harm in it.

Johnny soon made good on that promise, as hoped.

There was a brake, which controlled the machine's acceleration and deceleration.
    There was a gearshift as well, which controlled the machine's speeds.
    And that was pretty much... it?

Huh, for some reason the Dark Judge thought operating a tractor would have been much more demanding. That was a sinner's contraption for you, he supposed. "Such a clever young boy," the ghoul remarked. A sickly hand reached for the wrench concealed behind the toolbox, Judge Fear quietly noting that they were close to K.A.R.R.'s bloodied location. Any moment now, little Johnny will discover the puddle of -

Johnny wrote:"What's the red stuff on the ground?"
    That's his cue.

"Fret not of it, little Johnny," said Judge Fear, the Dark Judge intently staring at the boy's vulnerable neck. "It will all be over soon. You will see your dearest father and brother shortly." And then it was lights out for Johnny in the blink of an eye, as the ghoul held his wrench up high and brought it down with a sickening THWACK! A few droplets of blood sprayed onto his uniform but the Dark Judge paid no mind. He simply relinquished the bloodied tool and casually slipped Johnny's limp body off the driver's seat. "No need to thank me, sinner," Judge Fear hissed, operating the tractor exactly as the young boy had told him. "Just doing the one job I love the most." The fiend considered it an act of mercy disposing little Johnny this way than having the kid's brains scattered to the four winds from a laser blast.

Once the Dark Judge guided his newly-acquired tractor closer to K.A.R.R., Judge Fear leaned over with an elbow and stared down at the vehicle with the usual smile. "Greetings, K.A.R.R. With this tractor we shall load up these bodies and carry them to a more discreet location. The nearby barn shall suffice," he noted. Remembering something else, the Dark Judge continued, "Have you been taking very good care of my little ones?"

If K.A.R.R. bothered to look back at the three trinkets again, he would observe them being as quiet as a church mouse. No more singing, no more howling, no more demanding for songs... Just peace and quiet at last. Two of the heads wore a small grin that had not been there, however...
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:37 am

With a loud swat of the ghoul's newly acquired wrench, KARR witnessed as he disposed of the child upon the tractor, leaving only himself to ride the machine as he dropped the body onto the pile. The outside was now completely silent, not a soul from the house emerging to wonder where the rest of the family had gone. Perfect, the last thing they needed was more more interaction out in the broad daylight.

As the Judge dismounted his tractor and came closer, KARR greeted him flatly. "I see your plans are successful, though I wonder why a tractor and not just place the bodies in my trunk?" I would have been far easier to transport them instead of letting the things rot and gather flies on the side of the road. As for the Dark Judge's little ones... "Yes, they are safe. However, why did you not inform me that they were sentient? They did nothing but demand music all the while you were gone." The AI opened his passenger door to allow the man to retrieve his belt, noting that the shrunken heads were now silent on the seat, the radio still playing for them.

Strange, a moment ago they were content to do nothing but make noise... A closer look revealed that a couple of them wore smiles instead of their usual neutral, corpse-like expressions. Regardless, the AI still remembered their antics in his data banks. They would not get off so easily with their silent act.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:52 am

Of course his plans had been successful. The fiend was, after all, a veteran at judging mortals long before K.A.R.R. was even conceived. Judge Fear removed himself from the tractor and was once more reacquainted with the ground, the undead man first wanting to retrieve his utility belt. "I did not think to place the bodies inside your trunk for they would have left an unruly mess," the Dark Judge explained. Did the automobile honestly want a puddle of blood and fleshy bits dirtying up its interior? He thought not, and Judge Fear finished securing his belt with a few soft clicks. And how interesting! It seemed K.A.R.R. had met the Dark Judge's little ones. Wanting himself to be quite the pest, the Dark Judge removed all three of the shrunken heads off his utility belt and proceeded to expertly juggle them.

"Oof!"
    "Hey!"
    "Watch it!"

Judge Fear did this for several rounds until he grew satisfied, holstering his little ones back at their rightful places. "And if I told you that my little ones were the removed heads from previous sinners and could hold a conversation, would you have truthfully believed my words?" Never mind that the Dark Judge was an immortal creature hellbent on wiping out all life. His point made, the fiend got to work loading these bodies onto the tractor. It may take him a while, as he was far from the height of his power...

"What is the current situation?" asked Judge Fear in-between his labour. The farmhand was going to be the toughest out of the three to move. "Are there still three children and two elderly persons left in the house?"
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:18 am

A mess, perhaps. Though interiors could be cleaned rather easily, and it had not been the first time the AI had been willing to sacrifice his upholstery for the sake of getting a job done. The AI could have only imagined the mess that could have been created if he actually did decide to create a vacuum within his cockpit while that blonde woman was still in there. Cooking her flesh to the seats probably would not have been healthy either. "I see your point, but a job cannot get done without getting one's hands dirty sometimes." KARR remarked evenly, if this place had technicians that worked on space ships, this planet probably had developed a reasonable stain remover anyhow.

What the ghoul did next caught the AI's full attention. Why was he taking them off the belt, and what was he doing juggling them? KARR watched silently as they were tossed and juggled about, perhaps a punishment for being unruly with the vehicle while the Judge was away. Either way, the AI could only hope that he did not drop one during his act. Once a few rounds of juggling had been concluded, they were quickly re-holstered. "Charming." The AI remarked, Judge Fear's statement about the shrunken heads not going without KARR's reply. "You also are undead, use bear traps as weaponry, and can drink a bar into fatal liver poisoning without so much as having a hangover the next day. By now I would believe anything you told me of your possessions would be considered within the laws of reason."

upon being asked of the current situation of the house, KARR scanned over the ranch once more, his CRT's lighting up with the floor design. "There are two children in one bedroom, and the third is in the kitchen. The elderly humans are in their own bedroom as well. Vital scans show that they are asleep, as are the two children in the bedroom."  He reported, displaying their locations on the screen.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:36 am

There was a difference between getting dirty and being smart about it; Judge Fear much preferred the latter. As for being undead while using mantraps as weapons and drinking sinners under the table? The Dark Judge shrugged and didn't see anything incorrect about K.A.R.R.'s statement. "I cannot present a fitting counterargument at this time," he hissed. Now, what about the mortals?

So two of the three children were asleep and the same was true for the elderly... That left the third child in the kitchen, alone. There should be plenty of ways to dispatch and unwary mortal in such an opportunistic room. "Excellent. Leave the third child to me, for you cannot fit inside the house." If K.A.R.R. was so bold as to practically barrel into the building at reckless speeds, the whole thing may very well come crashing down on them both. It would make for a spectacular finish, however. "My orders remain the same: chase down any escapees and see to it that their deaths are swift. We do not want any unwanted attention after doing great work." Finished and eager to conclude this session, the Dark Judge no longer bothered himself with the bodies and hopped back onto the tractor. With a great roar its engine came to life, Judge Fear once again leaning over an elbow.

"Get into position," the fiend hissed. "This farm is almost ours!" It was now time to claim what was theirs.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:12 am

You bet your bony butt you couldn't figure out a counter argument! KARR remained smugly silent as the fiend admitted his temporary defeat, letting him look over the CRT monitors. It did not take long for the ghoul to form another plan of action, leaving him to bestow upon the AI yet another helpful dose of obvious sense. "I would have thought my position to stay outside would be a given." He replied simply. Of course he could not fit inside the house, there was not a door big enough on the entire structure for the car to use without looking ridiculously suspicious. Along with the fact that the house may collapse on them both, a circumstance that the AI would much rather do without.

The AI's orders recieved, he had but one last thing to tell the Dark Judge as he mounted the tractor once more. "I am already in position." He said flatly. His nose was pointed towards the driveway, his body lowered to the ground and concealed within the waving grasses. Unless someone was actively looking for the Trans-Am, they would have a had time spotting him off glance. That said, KARR watched as Judge Fear puttered off on his new steed, the bodies in tow.

Time to play the waiting game...
    Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Post by Universal NPC on Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:34 am

Back at the house, little Luanne was walking about. Her sisters were asleep and her grandparents were busy sleeping as well, leaving the six year old to wander around, a plan in mind as she quickly walked into the kitchen. Her blonde hair pulled back in a braid, the girl's brown eyes searched about the house for any other souls who may be moving around. To her pleasant surprise, both Ma and Rick had left the house a short while ago, following some man with a medical kit.

Their lack of return was slightly puzzling, but not to the point of worry for the young girl. Ma and Rick's absence left the coast clear for the fridge, the child wandering to the sink and picking up a nearby step stool. Carrying it over to the counter nearest to the refrigerator, Luanne set it down and carefully clambered up onto its shiny white surface, eyes set on her goal. on top of the metallic freezer, was a tall plastic container, filled to the brim with sweet, sugary cookies.

Her freckled face scrunching in determination, Luanne steeled herself and began to climb.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:34 am

And so began K.A.R.R., the vehicle employing its sense of boastful superiority that it was fond of. You know what the Dark Judge had to say in response to that? "Would you like to watch my little ones again?" After all, K.A.R.R.... You did such a fantastic job with them! Judge Fear found the mental image amusing, even if for a moment, and he was more than happy to leave such horrifying thoughts with the automobile. He had a few sinners to skin and they couldn't wait.

With the tractor at his beck and call, the fiend drove it without incident back toward the farm house and he began to set things in motion. Now at the front door and finding it unlocked, the Dark Judge silently let himself in and he slipped inside. What he found next was the average and mundane home that mortals so fancied themselves. Cheerful wallpaper, portraits, wooden furniture and various knick-knacks collected over the years... He paid attention to little else and deduced that the kitchen was the room on his immediate left; its lighting was sharper than the rest of the house. The room was not, pleasantly, empty...

Innocent Luanne, look to your left...

A green hand came into the corner of her view, but it did not seek the child. Instead, it continued past her as spindly fingers grasped the sugar cookie container. "Do you want this?" hissed a grave voice. Treats now in his possession, the Dark Judge purposely held the container inches away from Luanne's face and tempted her. "I'll give you one, dear child, if you play a little game with me," the fiend exchanged.
    Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Post by Universal NPC on Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:56 am

Completely oblivious to the stranger that lurked about the house, Luanne was nearing the top of the fridge, her little fingers grasping eagerly for the container but still just a tiny bit out of reach. It was only when a green rotting hand grabbed the container and pulled it away from her did she realize there was another in the house, her heart skipping a beat in surprise. Her eyes widened at the intruder's visage, staring into the ghoul's grinning helm.

Her nose crinkled at his offer, looking him in the helm as she gave her reply. "You smell funny. Don't you shower?" Ever simple and blunt in her mindset, the child looked back to the jar of cookies. The man wanted to play a game in order to get the cookies? It seemed promising enough, though Ma had said before not to play games with strangers, and doubly so if they were offering sweet things. Luanne tapped her fingers against the fridge, pulling away from it and sitting down on the counter. "How about you just give me all the cookies, games are for babies." She countered, crossing her arms.

After having to watch her older siblings work around the farm (and drink all day), the child had decided that games were not what adults did. They worked and got to ride around on the tractor, and did she ever want to drive that old thing around. If only to rub it in Rick's face that she could drive too.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:24 am

KARR's accomplished smugness popped like a bubble once the Dark Judge offered the possibility of looking after the... Little Ones, as he called them. more like Little Noisemakers, given their raucous nature. The AI had a small thing to counter this with, however. "If I were to look after your little ones, it would leave you without suitable weaponry should anything unexpected arise." KARR noted evenly, after all the heads were on the ghoul's belt for a reason. To further demonstrate his point, the AI firmly closed the doors and locked them, only dark silence filling the Trans-Am's interior.

All the better for him, the AI concluded as he was left in silence. His surveillance mode enabled to its fullest range and scanners ready for anything unaccounted for, the AI sat in silence. Though he found himself wondering if he really should look inside the house now that the Judge was in there...
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:55 am

Tee Hee:
    Love you too, K.A.R.R.
    Mortals and their sense of humour. How quaint. That was the second child to ask if he ever bathed.

"And are you a baby for not being courageous enough?" the fiend goaded. Only little children were afraid to play a harmless game. Judge Fear rustled the sugary goods on purpose and pretended, "I suppose I will simply have to eat these cookies all by myself, for no one is brave enough to earn them from me. A pity, truly. These are such delicious morsels, too." If Luanne had any real promise in that fleshy husk of hers, she'd see things the Dark Judge's way and strike up his offer. If not? Well, there was always more ways to skin a sinner and Judge Fear wasn't a patsy concerning them. The mantraps and shrunken heads alongside his belt wouldn't mind seeing some action today, that much he knew.

What shall it be, child? A game to test your mettle or a painful and agonizing death without the reward of a crunchy delight? Perhaps you weren't smarter than Rick, tsk tsk...

Current date/time is Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:26 am