Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Re: Such Country, Very Banjo

Post by K.A.R.R. on Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:31 pm

Double the penetration indeed. The laser just about shattered the man's head into a million individual bits and cast them to the wind in one motion. Along with casting them all over Judge fear's helm, and his uniform... "Yes, the laser is quite effective." KARR replied, scanning over the Judge for any further damage aside from a stained wardrobe. "If you knew that I was going to stand ready for your arrival, why not stay a small distance away from the man?" He inquired perplexedly. The was that the Dark Judge had jumped in surprise was mildly amusing however, he had to admit. It almost made the AI wonder if he thought that his laser was aimed at him instead.

"Luckily for you, black soaks up and conceals the color of blood quite effectively." KARR commented, watching as the Judge began removing bits of blood and brain matter from his person. Though what were they going to do with the body? It was so big they could not just toss it into the ditch and hop no one saw it. regardless of the size and weight of their victims, it seemed that Judge Fear had an answer for it all, apparently. hefting a man trap from his belt, he carefully arranged both the device and the body so that it seemed like it had been decapitated by the trap's strong jaws instead of a high powered laser.

"...You are leaving it there, in the open?" He said, uncertain of the ghoul's creative means of rearranging the corpse. after another statement from the Dark Judge however, the AI began to put a few pieces together as to what he had in mind. "I have a few more charges left to use before it needs to cool." KARR affirmed, his scanners moving back towards the house again.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:37 pm

Why not stay a small distance? Had K.A.R.R. not detected that the Dark Judge was in the crippling grasp of Ben the farmhand? "And if I knew you were going to fire a laser at the sinner's head, I would have adequately prepared for it," Judge Fear swiftly countered. Bickering would solve nothing, however, and the fiend's mind was already moving forward. While he, himself, was quite pleased with how the farmhand's body was arranged, K.A.R.R. continued to question.

"No K.A.R.R., I'm going to carry the sinner's body with me to the house and wave at its inhabitants," he answered flatly. Of course the Dark Judge was going to leave the farmhand out in the open! Did the Dark Judge's host body look like a wrestler to you? Judge Fear removed his utility belt and idly tossed it into the vehicle's interior, not wanting anyone to connect the dots right away. If the mortals had seen the mantraps situated at his waist, then that would have made for a very short skit. "Do not disturb my little ones," the ghoul hissed. "They can become quite rowdy if provoked and I doubt you desire a second skylight to match your first." His little ones must be the numerous shrunken heads that adorned the Dark Judge's girdle. Now, to finish inspecting himself for the part of a distraught passerby.

Fresh blood, check.
    Convincing accident scene, check.
    Empathy and concern, ...

Well, the first two were good enough.

Judge Fear ceased studying his reflection in one of K.A.R.R.'s tinted windows and he ordered, "Stay here and prepare another charge. I will lure out the rest of the sinners shortly." He was then off, departing back through the tall grass and making his way diligently toward the nearby house. Oh how much fun this was, he thought! Although he could not see the farmhand's explode like an overripe melon, the spectacle had been incredibly satisfying. The fiend wondered... Would the rest be this theatrical? Once at the house's main door, Judge Fear knocked with a set of bloodied knuckles and felt giddy all over again.

Knock, knock, knock!

"Greetings," he hissed to whoever opened the door. "I regret to inform you, dear citizen, but there has been an accident."
    Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Level : ??

Post by Universal NPC on Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:29 am

"Odd, I thought Ben was going to be working on the field today." A woman, no older than her mid thirties looked through a window at the young boy who had no taken control of the tractor. Her dark hair was pulled up and kept in place by a blue bandanna, soft features scrunched into a confused expression that in turn squinted equally azure eyes. She removed her hand from the curtains, letting them fall back over the clear glass. "Rick, you mind going out there and getting Johnny off of that thing before he kills himself?" She asked, turning in the direction of the living room.

In its center was a young man in his early twenties, lounged back on the couch and already knocking back a cold beer despite it being early afternoon. Grass stained jeans and a white tank top hung loosely over his wiry frame, rounding out over a steadily nourished gut. "Nah, the tyke can drive the tractor just as well as Dad can, he knows how to operate it." He assured lazily, his gaze kept on the technicolor glow of an old TV set. "Don't worry so much Ma. He's a smart kid, Luanne on the other hand..." Rick gave a short laugh before taking another sip, ignoring the glare that Ma threw his way.

"Don't talk about your little sister that way. She does twice the work you could ever do if you got the thought to get off your lazy bum." She countered, arms crossed over her sunflower patterned chest. "In fact, what have you done today besides sitting around and wasting space? Once your Father gets in here I'm gonna have him hitch you to a tiller with a six pack at the other end of the field." That seemed to be the only thing to get Rick off his ass these days. Well, aside from a threat to bring the local deputy down for a chat about his drinking habits, the last time that happened the boy was eighteen and sprinting twenty miles an hour whenever he heard even the smallest sound of a siren.

Knock, knock, knock!

The woman looked over towards the front door, her cheeks puffing with a sigh before glancing back at Rick. true to his nature, he stayed on the couch, drinking his beer and not giving a single care about anything going on around him. "Could you see who that is?" She asked, nodding towards the front door.

"Nah, probably a salesman or some hick who stumbled back to the wrong house after a night of pig fuckin'." He replied, far too engrossed in the news. Apparently a whole bar of city folk passed out last night, typical of them he supposed, finishing his beer and placing it alongside three others. By the end of the afternoon, he was assured there would be a tin tower.

"Rick Ashleen." Ma sternly snapped, her eyes alight with cold fire. "That was not a request, go to that door and see who it is. And if I hear you say that nasty word one more time I'm throwing you to the army and you can see just how well they put up with you and your mouth." Among other things...

He paused mid pulling of the tab to his next beer, eyes wide and his angular face pale. She wouldn't, she couldn't! However, a glance up to the country woman told otherwise. Her stocky body stood akimbo, arms folded stubbornly over her bust a glare that could freeze the meanest bull in his path. "'Kay Ma." Was all that escaped his lips, putting the beer on the floor and walking to the door in long strides before opening it. "Whut." He greeted the stranger, giving them a once over.

Citizen, what kind of talk was that? Rick took a moment to ponder over both the man's garb and what had been said, licking his lips before speaking. "If by accident you mean your sense of style I don't think I can help you there."

"Rick!" Nothing escaped Ma's ears it seemed.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 53

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:51 am

Oh, he had detected the man's size quite well, right down to the pound in fact. However, the AI had figured that if Judge Fear had been able to pull a body across the desert he would had been able to keep Ben over there from being too much trouble. Though it seemed that was not the case at all given recent events. At the comment regarding KARR's execution technique, the AI gave his own cool reply. "It was effective and efficient. Had I have fired anywhere else he may have brought attention." The last thing they needed out in the middle of a farming community. Although, maybe he could try aiming at the throat when the next member of the household came around...

KARR's attention returned to the ghoul, who gave his own flat reply about the body. Of course they could not just bring the body back to the house, but placing him somewhere other than the side of the road would be more likely to believe. Judge Fear walked about to the Trans-Am's door and tossed his utility belt through the open window, bear traps, pouches and shrunken heads adorning its surface. At least this action the AI could understand. He rolled up the window afterwards and tinted them to an impenetrable black while listening to the Dark Judge talk about his... Little Ones. KARR's optics looked down at the shrunken heads on his passenger seat, not entirely convinced that such things could be alive.

"Very well, I'll keep your possessions safe for your return." He agreed after a short moment of thought. Once the ghoul left, KARR began preparing the laser for another firing. Patience was a game he was long intimate with, he could wait...
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:15 am

Fallacy of Youth wrote:"If by accident you mean your sense of style I don't think I can help you there."
    Why you cheeky son-of-a...

The Dark Judge kept his temper level and calmly returned, "And a young man who does nothing but drink all day will surely grow impotent." Stew over those profound words in that hops-addled brain of yours, Rick.

It was painfully clear that this young man, hardly of any productive value in life, was not the sinner he needed to address. Judge Fear turned his rightful attention to the mother of this house and allowed his otherworldly voice to seep through the building's walls. "My dear madame," he politely besought her, still keeping an unyielding glare on Rick. The fiend was going to thoroughly enjoy beating the insolence out of him. "There has been an accident on the road, not far from your lovely home. A large man, no later than his forties, fell onto a careless hunter's bear trap and suffered grievous injuries." He couldn't say mantrap, as that would send an entirely different idea across.

Still fixated on Rick and his stupid beer can, the Dark Judge wiped a hand upon his uniform to collect enough of the blood staining it and he displayed a vermillion palm. "I tried to help him but, as you can plainly see, I am nothing more than a weak, old fool; a corpse. Two adults will have to accompany back to the road, for the scene is far too graphic for a child or elderly person to view."

Meanwhile, back at K.A.R.R., the vehicle was about to be surprised...

"Psst, hey!" someone whispered from the backseat. A shrunken head, the one posing as a belt buckle, suddenly fluttered its reddened eyes. "Hey," it spoke up again, twitching. "Think you can, like, help a decapitated guy out? How's about you turn on that lovely radio and play something for us?"

A second head woke up and eagerly agreed, "Oh yes! Please put on the radio! Boss ain't here to say otherwise!"

You were, ahem, saying, K.A.R.R.?
    Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Post by Universal NPC on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:14 pm

Cheeky is as cheeky does, and Ricky had plenty of cheek to go around. He languidly lifted his can of beer to his lips, silently sipping as the stranger went on about impotency and drinking all day. Whatever impotency meant. Either way, the young man still had some wit left in his brain before the afternoon hours sapped it away with drink and listlessness. "Mhm, and a guy who wears his pants too tight will find his balls migrating back into his body." Another score for his drunken sass, and Rick knocked back another swallow of his drink.

Until Ma stormed up and swatted him upside the back of his head. Beer sprayed up his nose and over his shirt, the man's previous accomplishment turned to surprised sputtering as he backed into the hall. "Ma, you didn't have to go and do that!" He complained, wiping a few lingering drips of alcohol from his nostrils. The woman in her sunflower print dress only gave an unimpressed glance back at the kid, before turning her gaze to the helmeted man. "Sorry about him, usually he's better than this." She said apologetically. "Now, what are you here for?"

For such a slender man his voice was weighty and deep, the message he carried carrying the same lack of lightness. A heavy man in his forties, a bear trap, and right outside her home. Ma quirked a brow at the stranger, what luck would there have to be for a hunter to leave a bear trap of all things on the side of the road. Then for the same bear trap to be triggered by some idiot, she knew there were people who were not too bright, but common sense seemed to be a given in this community. "Riiiight, bear trap." She drawled, giving the man's outfit a once over. At least until he showed the huge amount of blood on his palm.

Her face paled slightly at the sight and the smell, knowing full well that was not some false party store junk. Well, it seemed the stranger things did happen on the odd days. Ma turned back to Rick, who was already retreating to the couch and his kingdom of six packs. "Rick! Get the first aid and come out here!" She called, making the lazy man jump from his almost sitting position.

"First Aid? What for?" He asked, putting his can of beer down on the couch arm. Hopefully it was due to his logic being right and the weirdo needed an emergency surgery on his nethers. "Heh heh..." A dopey smile spread on Rick's face as he walked into the bathroom, taking the medical kit out of the medicine cabinet and walking back to the woman and her acquaintance. He tucked the white box under his arm and followed Ma out, his face still wearing the same disinterested gaze despite the serious situation.

Just another day, another distraction from his drink.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:46 pm

That adolescent's mouth would be the death of him if he kept up that act, the AI surmised from his surveillance footage. Aside from his behavior however, it seemed that this plan was going off without a true hitch, or at least one that could not be easily dealt with. KARR idly paid attention to the the two country folk as Judge fear continued to talk, checking the progress on the laser. Already it was back at full firing power, all he had to do was sit back and wait...

wat wrote:"Psst, hey!"
    KARR's optics flicked over to the utility belt, watching in perplexed amazement as the shrunken heads upon the belt began to speak. Was this a malfunction in his audio sensors? A request from the other one told otherwise, asking that he turn on the radio for their amusement. The AI stayed silent, mulling over both their request and the Judge's warning within his processor. He had been explicitly ordered not to provoke them, yet he wondered if allowing them to indulge in some music would truly cause harm.

"If I turn on the radio, will you stay in line?" He finally asked, cautious as he addressed the shrunken heads. From the way they were speaking, the AI was beginning to wonder if their request was as harmless as they made it sound.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:31 pm

His what migrating back inside his body? "..."

Honestly, the Dark Judge should be used to the seemingly-infinite stupidity mortals were known for. Fortunately the lad's mother stepped in to pull rank, sparing Judge Fear another vexing moment with her darling Rick. It should be a crime to birth such idiotic offspring! "In my profession we are not unaccustomed to being rudely spoken with," he hissed. These fools will have their judgement soon enough, but for now the ghoul remained compliant out of necessity. "I am here to - " take your life, sinner! " - alert you," the Dark Judge coyly replied. The woman may glance over his uniform all she wished, but there was no mistaking the fresh blood soaked upon Judge Fear's outstretched palm. He wiggled his gnarled fingers for good measure.

"Yes, a medical kit shall do splendidly," the fiend agreed. Not really, of course. Judge Fear was going to let these mortals keep their futile thoughts as he was already stepping off the porch. "This way, this way. I shall guide you, citizens, to your destination at last." Like a good shepherd was bound to do. It was time for Ma and Rick to rejoin their farmhand in the great beyond.

The car was going to play something for them! What should they choose?

"How about you play something... upbeat?" requested the middle shrunken head.
    The leftmost one immediately disagreed. "No, no! We should listen to something soft and calming," it said.
    A third soon entered the discussion, however, and it yawned, "Why don't we ask it to play something inspiring?"

There was a pause, all three heads mumbling amongst themselves. Finally the three heads came to a decision and the middle one said, "Eh, I guess you should just play something that you think fits us. We're not really picky, being shrunken heads on an undead guy's belt and all. We promise not to blow you up, if you do."
    Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Post by Universal NPC on Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:09 pm

Rick's eyes narrowed at the tall stranger, glancing over to Ma as they began to walk off the porch and down the driveway. "He talks kind of funny." He whispered, tucking his free hand into his pants pocket. "He uses mighty complex syllables and says things like splendid. Why would a medical kit be splendid? Needing a medical kit means someone is done screwed up the ass." The young man glanced between the woman and their guide, licking his lips nervously as they kept walking.

"Nonsense, Rick. You're just irritated because you got disturbed from your couch." She countered quietly, "He's just educated, like grandad. Isn't that right?" Ma's stride began to quicken when they neared the end of the drive, a pool of blood evident on the asphalt. Rounding the tall grass the scene unfolded before her was nothing that she had never imagined to encounter.

"BEN!" She screamed, horror stopping the robust woman in her tracks so suddenly that the gangly boy ran straight into her back. The moment he regained his footing and was able to see the body for himself however, the medical kit dropped form his fingers and clattered upon the dusty ground. "S-shit...Dad's head.. It's..." The next word never made it from his mouth as he fell to his knees, the beer he had been guzzling earlier spewing from his throat and into the ditch. Ma could not even find the strength to stay upright and conscious, the gravity of the situation making her eyelids flutter and eyes rollback up into her head as she she too fell to the pavement.

Hard.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:56 pm

While the ghoul was leading the soon to be victims down the driveway, the interior of the Trans-Am was alive with bickering among the shrunken heads. One wished for something upbeat, another wanted something soothing, and yet another wanted an inspiring song to listen to. All the while KARR could only wonder not how the parts of Judge Fear's belt could speak, but also why they had their own preferences. Were they not just trinkets to be used and then disposed of? What were their purposes in the first place? Given how quiet they were until now he could not believe that they were around for conversation.

Such questions however would best be saved for the Dark Judge, he believed. To ask these things when it was warned they were volatile... "I believe I may have something you may enjoy." He finally said after some thought. With a small beep from his dash a small label reading TAPE lit up, activating the cassette inside. Within seconds an edgy guitar tune sounded about the cabin, soon followed by a female voice for the singer.

Oh the night, is my world

City lights, painted girls...

Just as she got to the chorus, the AI detected that the two farmers were drawing within firing range. His scanners locked on to the duo as they appeared, though they were far more horrified at the scene than previously expected. The young man dropped to the ground in a vomiting fit, and the woman fainted. The sound of her skull hitting the pavement and the sudden drop in vitals was all the AI needed to know that she was dealt with. The boy on the other hand...

Zzzap!

He would no longer need worry himself with the trifles of beer and laziness.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:44 pm

Rick wrote:"He talks kind of funny."
    The same could be said of you, sport. You won't find a decent woman (or man) smelling like piss-poor liquor.

"I am quite educated," nodded Judge Fear as he walked along. "In fact, I graduated at the top of my class with high honours." Could you say the same, Rick? Soon the trio arrived at the fatal sight, both Rick and Ma surely to be delighted. The moment Ma saw her husband's stiffening corpse she screamed, the Dark Judge raising up his gangly limbs in a corpse-like manner. "Sss...!" Yes, sinner! Scream in terror, scream in fear. Judge Fear watched the woman plummet to the earth and become no more, her skull cracking like a rotten egg. As for Rick? He glanced over and spotted the boy vomiting out his early afternoon beer. "It's time to have that bulbous head of yours descend back into your body, Rick."

Turning to face K.A.R.R., the Dark Judge brought a sinister finger toward his thin neck and drew it across an imaginary line. You knew what to do, so don't disappoint. A flash of light and a sputtering of brain later, the fiend didn't so much as flinch this time. "Like father like son!" Judge Fear hissed with joy. Three adults out of three adults successfully disposed of! "This leaves only the precious children and their elderly grandparents... K.A.R.R., I will require that you stand guard and be prepared to flatten any escapees."

As for the bodies, Judge Fear knew better than to leave this fresh stiffs ripen on the open road. He gazed both left and right, the ghoul making sure no other nosy persons were coming this way. "We need to first hide these bodies, however." How to do so? Thinking, the Dark Judge already knew what to do. He momentarily left K.A.R.R.'s side and took a familiar path through the tall grass, heading for the field not too far beyond.

"Oh Jooooooohnny..." the Dark Judge hissed.

Back inside the vehicle's cockpit, all three of the shrunken heads were having a grand old time. They sang along and laughed, the odd things not very good at holding any note under the sun, and they were content to give K.A.R.R. a lasting processor-ache. Maybe after the next track they'll finally grow bored...
    Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Post by Universal NPC on Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:11 pm

The three adults quickly and messily disposed of, the body count nearly was a pile on the road. A very conspicuous pile at that. Luckily for the two the road was still clear from passing cars, many of the children still in school and the mail having yet to arrive on its rounds.

Six household members were still around to take care of, the first that had been met still tottering around on the tractor. His short fingers wrapped around the steering wheel and his legs firmly clenched against the seat, no matter how much the machine bucked and jiggled the boy would not be thrown while he was driving. Much to the late Rick's word, Johnny held the tractor in a straight line as he pulled the tiller about the field, row by row. Despite the tedious repetitive nature of his task, the boy wore a small, amused grin on his face. more than likely imagining some sort of race going on his mind or perhaps pretending that the machine was some sort of beast he was riding to guard the fields from hungry rabbits and other vermin.

A low hiss from the grass tore the boy from his daydreaming however, his shaggy haired head turning to look towards a rather strange man. Huh, it looked like that guy his dad had walked off with earlier. Pulling back the braking lever, Johnny stopped his ride, killing the engine with a turn of the key. "Hey mister!" He called out. "Did ya get yer car fixed? Where's dad?"

It had been a long while since he had seen or heard from him...
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:28 pm

Over the sounds of eighties beats and off key singing within the AI's cockpit, he heard the Dark Judge in his moment of fiendish glee. An excited hiss over seeing the woman crumple on the roadside, and watching another head explode with calculated laser fire. Given the statements Judge fear had given, it could only be presumed that Rick was not amiable enough to be spared from death, in fact quite the opposite. Especially with that remark about various parts retreating back into their bodies.

Tuning out the sounds within his cabin, the AI listened as the Dark Judge went on to say that the children and elderly were next, leaving KARR to keep watch for any possible escapees. "Affirmative." He tonelessly replied. Children and Elderly were equally fragile, he would not need to exert much in order to dispose of them. As for hiding the bodies however, KARR's optics looked over to the three corpses, his processor running with a few ideas in how to properly hide them.

"I suggest we-" He began, only to see that the Dark Judge was already walking off into the tall grass. "Very well, walk off without informing me of your intentions." He huffed to himself, looking between the road and the corpse pile. What if someone came down here, someone like an officer? If they saw him right next to the bodies, practically tread deep in their growing blood puddle...

KARR's engines started with a low whine, rolling forward and into the grass himself. If he sunk down low enough on his suspension he could more than likely keep out of sight. Once deep enough in the grasses, the engines were silenced, the Trans-Am releasing pressure from his hydraulics to make himself lower to the ground, now resembling a glossy predator hiding just a short ways from the drive.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:56 pm

Look at little Johnny, being so diligent. It did the ghoul's still heart proud to see such a young individual take initiative. Alas, a sinner was a sinner in the Dark Judge's book and little Johnny would have to go. "The car is not fixed, sadly. While your father has quite the knack for machines, I'm afraid he requires your services." Judge Fear hissed. Pointing a yellowed talon at the very tractor Johnny was currently riding upon, the fiend had a request. "Your tractor," he began. "It has the horsepower and strength that he needs. Your father requests that you bring it to him." Now, how to take care of little Johnny without making it more difficult than need be?

Thinking yet again, the Dark Judge casually added, "However, the way back to my car is long and my old joints are tired. Do you mind if I ride with you, Johnny? We elders are not what we once were." It took work to continue weaving these intricate lies and schemes... Dealing with mortals using nothing but one's cunning was becoming an absolute chore!

By now the shrunken heads were no longer entertained with the 80s; they were starting to grow restless and when talking bombs grow restless...

"Okay, now how about something aggressive?" asked the left head.
    For once the middle didn't object and it, too, said, "Yes, yes! Something violent, something fast!"
    "I'd rather we just go back to sleep and wait for the Boss..." Clearly the right knew its place in the grand gist of things.

Where was the Boss, anyway?
    Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Post by Universal NPC on Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:12 pm

So dad was still working on the car, and he required the tractor to help fix it? Johnny gave a skeptical look at the tall man, tapping his stubby fingers against the steering wheel. "I don't remember a time when Dad needed a tractor for fixing a car..." He had seen him work on the farm machines, fixing broken parts and tuning the engines when they grew loose. "I think you're a little mixed up, he must have meant his tool box. It's in the barn." The words horsepower meant little to the child, the same went for the machine's strength. Why would he need all that for fixing an engine? All he had seen him do was take out a wrench or screw driver of some kind and work that about.

However, when he heard the tall man needed the tractor to ride back on, Johnny seemed to understand that a little better. "It's okay, I'll get the tool box and then I can drive you back to Dad." He offered. His parents never really said anything about sharing the vehicle with another passenger, or much about letting strangers ride on it. Well, they had said not to talk to strangers, but his Dad seemed to get along well enough with the guy. What harm was there in helping him out too like he did?

Hopping off the tractor, Johnny disappeared into the barn for a few minutes before returning with a rusted tool box. wrenches, spanners and screw drivers of all kinds rustled noisily about in the container, clattering to their settled state when he placed them on the tractor's red hood. "Get on, you will have to hold these while I drive" He said, clambering up onto the machine's seat.

Once Judge Fear had taken the tool box and seated himself, the child turned the key and pulled back the brake lever, idling the tractor off the field and in the direction he saw Ben disappear off to. All the while, the tools would not be so quiet and peaceful during the trip, rattling along with the tractor's own rumbling during the ride.

BRBRBRBRBRBRBRBBRRBRBRBBRBRRBRBBRBRBRBRR....

What was that about keeping a low profile?

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:44 am