Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Re: A Place To Roost

Post by Korra on Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:14 am

Korra shuffled the two un-nibbled cookies between her fingers as though they were mere playing cards. One of these days they had to find the recipe for these and try it out. Whenever she got her firebending back, she'd love to place the dough onto a metal sheet and blast the bottom of it with some fire, cook them up that way! She always did prefer to use her firebending for cooking, after all. She nodded in agreement with Sokka, after some time around here it seemed to become quite routine to find anyone who just arrived and help steer them to where they ought to go, whether it was shelter or medical help.

Sokka quickly gave out their room numbers to him and offered to either hang out or spar sometime, Korra once again nodding since her mouth was full. She was up for hanging out or sparring with him sometime! Nightwing accepted the offer and even said if she were up for it, he'd spar her to. She swallowed and grinned widely. "Sparring you would be a little risky since I don't know what you're like in a fight. But trust me, I don't mind finding out." She boasted confidently. She was the Avatar, after all! She'd accept a spar from anyone!

Nightwing's hushed question was left to himself as one of the Links gave them yet another cookie, Korra accepting it greedily. "Anymore of these and I'm going to start bleeding cookies!" Crunch crunch~!
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 45

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:59 am

Sokka definitely caught the subtle shift in Nightwing's features as he thought over the mention of sparring, and he soon met the hero's grin with one of his own. "Oh I'm pretty sure I could… no matter when this is, I look forward to it!" He didn't know exactly what all Nightwing's skill set was, but from the look of him, he was definitely well-trained, and he was positive that it would be really neat to get to spar with him. The grin he wore grew at the extended invitation to Korra, and of course at her confident reply. Now THIS was going to be fun when they got around to it!

Chuckling a little as Link insisted on adding another cookie to both Korra's and his stocks, Sokka raised his eyebrows at Nightwing's sudden shift in demeanor. Was that simply because of the form he had to sign? Well, everyone had their secrets, and even with his own innate curiosity, the Water Tribe warrior was content to let that mystery sit for now. As the younger Link helped him out, Sokka simply elbowed Korra playfully albeit gently at her amusing remark. There were certainly worse things to bleed!
    Nightwing
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Nightwing on Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:12 pm

After a long moment of thought, with Nightwing's gaze keeping firm to Link's hands and posture, the teen took up the pen and began to sign a name that distinctly did NOT look like Nightwing. Each letter is scribbled out in a small, tight-knit way, leaving the signature clear but run together - hard to read at a glance, but when one concentrates, they can see it clear as day - Dick Grayson.

"Make sure it doesn't. I don't have enemies here yet, and I'd like to keep it that way."

Slowly, the black-clad hero stands up, and reaches over with a gloved hand, grabbing up a cookie and stuffing it into his mouth with a placated expression.
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:55 pm

Two tenants properly armed with sugary treats and one new tenant signed up. The day was turning out pretty good, if Link say so himself. The innkeeper laughed at the idea of Korra bleeding cookies then waved it aside. "If you could bleed cookies, then I would bleed candy every Halloween." Because he devours completely absurd amounts of candy during that particular holiday. Thankfully, absurd amounts as it is, it was within reason. One candy-induced stomach-ache was enough to last him a lifetime.

He continued to give their newcomer his privacy in his discussion with Link but from the posture and also whatever words he could pick up, despite him trying his best not to pick up any,  it seems like the conversation was coming to an end.  And it concluded with in the best way it could, with Nightwing leaning in a snatching up a cookie for himself.

Link gestured for the young man to help himself in regards to the treats.

"Feel free to let us know if there is anything you need help with. You can always find us here, or if we're not around, speak to any fairy or staff member in and around the building, and they would be happy to help as well."
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:32 pm

Link grinned a bit more at the exchange regarding sparring between the three teenagers, right before Nightwing had made sure that the new room form was set to remain a perfect secret. Once the Hero of Time had confirmed that it was, it seemed that the older hero wanted to think things over carefully, which considering the fact that this form might deal with secret identities, he fully understood that. He would just as readily accept the signature of Nightwing, but he certainly appreciated the honesty here.

A moment later, and the hero moved to sign his name… his real name. Link stole a quick glance at the writing as he took the form back, right before looking back up to Nightwing. With a firm not to his request, Link stated, "You have my word."

With that matter handled, Link chuckled a bit as Nightwing also took the chance to savor one of the delicious cookies. The gathering here was already a nice one, but Korra, Sokka, and Link all seemed to confirm that it was made even better with the treats!

Only after he'd had time to fully enjoy that cookie did he speak again, offering him the cardkey as he noted, "You don't have any enemies yet, but I'm sure you'll have some allies in no time." It seemed that his older nametwin had all but read his mind there, and with another nod to echo his written words, Link added, "That's right! Now, your room is 408, and the stairs and elevator are right around the corner there. That cardkey doubles as your key into the inn if you happen to arrive after the front door is locked for the night, and showing it in the dining area is how you can get the free food. We hope you enjoy it here!"
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 31

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:14 pm

Sokka's elbowing was met with an elbowing of his own and a brief snort from the teenager. "If you want to bleed cookies, that's fine, but I don't!" Link 'piped' in, mentioning that he'd likely bleed candy if she were able to bleed cookies, thanks to the holiday of Halloween. "I guess you have a point! With all the candies you get on that holiday, I suppose a few cookies can't hurt." She popped the rest of her cookie in her mouth and savored it happily. "Mmm..."

She smirked a bit when even Nightwing, a very serious guy from their first impression, filled out his forms and grabbed up a cookie and ate it. "Good, huh?" Couldn't blame him for not wanting enemies either. She listened to the other Link as he handed over the key and announced the room number to him. "That didn't take long at all." Getting a room at the inn was pretty easy! She grabbed up one more cookie before turning to the two young men. "...Now what?" Now that he got his room...did he want to go in there and crash for a bit? She nibbled on the cookie quietly as she waited.
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 45

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:33 pm

Sokka's grin grew at Korra's returned elbowing before he quipped, "Hey, bleeding cookies is the sign of a healthy appetite! And besides, it'll be just the right sugar boost for when we bleed meat!" Given the perfect amount of the succulent goodness the two friends enjoyed, it was likely that if they were to bleed a type of food, the meat would come first… glorious, glorious meat. As it was, Sokka laughed a bit at Link's own contribution before nodding firmly at Korra's response. "There you go." And another cookie for himself!

As the younger Link got Nightwing squared away with a room, Sokka raised an eyebrow as the superhero moved to snatch up his own cookie, right before stuffing it right into his mouth. Smiling at the sight and glad to see Nightwing relaxing even further, the Water Tribe warrior took a mental note of the room number their new companion had been given. As Link and Link gave him additional information, Sokka shook his head a bit at Korra's note about this not taking long at all. "No, it didn't." He knew that the two boys were very adept at helping people get set with rooms in no time, but it was still always nice to see. With a nod to both of them, he noted, "Thanks guys."

At Korra's next question, Sokka shrugged a bit before glancing to Nightwing. "I'm not sure. If you'd like to head on up to your room and get settled, that's completely fine. Otherwise, Korra and I can help you get set with maps and stuff if you like. It's up to you, really."
    Nightwing
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Nightwing on Sat May 31, 2014 8:16 pm

Even though it had been quite some time since Nightwing could have called himself a part of some team, he felt that, maybe in time, he would grow to be close enough to Sokka and Korra to call them teammates. The two Links seemed alright, but they were, at least in the young hero's mind, innocent bystanders at the moment. When the topic of what to do next comes up, he turns to glance over at the two teens, raising a brow.

"Hope you guys will forgive me, but I think I'm gonna try and get some time to myself for a bit. Collect my thoughts, get my bearings, that sort of thing. If you want, we can catch up in a little while, or tomorrow."
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:52 am

Had this Link known he was an innocent bystander, he would puff his chest out and be very proud to be an innocent bystander in anybody’s life. He would be the best innocent bystander there would ever be. After all, in his world, innocent bystanders were the ones who are the most generous when it came to quest giving.

With his friends and tenants suitably cookie-d, Link nodded, grinning at the mention of meat. Ah yes, glorious, glorious meat. This was making the innkeeper starting looking forward to tonight’s dinner. He didn’t know what they were having exactly but it would be delicious and fantastic nonetheless.

It seems like that would be all the Links could help with today. He nodded his own farewell to his new tenant. Nightwing was set to take his time to settle into this world in his own time and from what Link could see so far, he was a capable young man and should easily adjust to this new world with very little difficulties. If he did encounter any though, it brought this innkeeper comfort to know that he had established some sort of connection with Korra and Sokka who would always be up to help him.
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:13 am

Link couldn't help but chuckle a little at the continued exchange between Korra, Sokka, and Nightwing, right before smiling broadly at their thanks. Nodding back to Sokka, Link stated, "Of course. You all have a great day!" And with that, it seemed that the two Water Tribe natives were set to make sure their new friend was set for whatever he was most comfortable with next.

The superhero might not have realized that both Link and Link were heroes in their own right, across their homeworlds, another world they had each traveled to, and even here to a different degree. They both shared the spirit of the hero and had later earned their distinct titles as the Hero of Time and Hero of Winds, but even with as retrospectively pleased as they were of what they had accomplished back in Hyrule, they never let their titles go to their heads. Their pride was more held in what they had done and who they had helped instead of the names they had gained for themselves.

As Nightwing seemed set to retire to his newly acquired room, Link smiled as he noted that he might try to catch up with Korra and Sokka the next day. It was always nice to see people make fast friends in this world, as Link and Link themselves were a long-standing example of that. They might have had a connection with each other given their homeworld, but all the same, the younger boy knew he had adapted to this world far better by the new best friend he had made shortly after he had been whisked away here.

And now, it seemed that Nightwing was already in a good spot after his own unexpected arrival.

Current date/time is Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:31 am