Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: A Visiting Zurgythingy...

Post by Link64 on Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:09 am

When Lawrence noted that X'rghthu had the ability to recover quickly from cold temperatures, Link couldn't help but widen his eyes slightly. Nodding in agreement with Impa's assessment of their own cold and heat tolerances, he soon added, "That's pretty handy! At least it's winter right now, so that should help make sure that you don't get too warm." He was grateful for his own ability to withstand extreme temperatures, but he did find himself wondering how helpful it would have been to be able to recover even better from severe cold. That would have been incredibly useful when he had traveled to Snowhead, and even more when he'd ventured to the Ice Cavern. That stood especially with the frigid waters he'd had to hop in to find a Piece of Heart. With an involuntary shiver just thinking about it, the mention of very high temperatures had him thinking of the inside of Death Mountain instead. It had been sweltering before he'd put on the Goron Tunic, and he couldn't help but wonder if such a garment might help Zurg or Lawrence in a similar situation.

Still, Lawrence and Zurg had had to stay outside for a decent amount of time so that they cold dress the kill. Link was a little surprised to learn that Zurg didn't handle seeing blood all that well, but at least the butler was able to tackle the task of dressing the game without much issue. Link had helped with the occasional dressing of game for any food that they hunted here instead of simply bought, but the idea of preparing an unfamiliar meal was still really neat. Finding himself agreeing with his nametwin's presented text, he noted, "I'm sure you cooked a great meal from it. I hope it was tasty!" Especially considering the effort that went into it!

Given the extended stay and busywork outside, the shower Lawrence had got sounded even more refreshing than he'd already imagined it was. Still, it seemed that even that new experience had its own downfall, namely in the way that one of his sensitive horns had been brushed against. "Aah, I'm sorry about that…" Link might have only been able to sympathize without fully understanding that same sensation, but the sentiment was certainly there.

Much like his nametwin, Link would love to help their friend, but… he wasn't sure if a helmet would help out here, and the wax that Ciela mentioned seemed to be more for dampening sounds than other sensations… it was quite a puzzle indeed. As Link pondered that, Tatl simply chimed and stated, "I think it should be enough, otherwise he'd be asking us to whisper. Well, at least it was nice save that, and you know to be extra careful for the next time."
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:40 am

Sheik had a feeling that it had not been too terribly bad to be outside, even if it had been for a surprising amount to time, but she was even more intrigued to learn about another aspect of X'rghthu physiology. Hylians and Sheikah had great tolerances for both heat and cold as Impa described, but a tolerance, no matter how keen, was not the same as being able to warm up quickly, magic notwithstanding. "You can recover that quickly?" asked Sheik, shortly before nodding eagerly along with Link's note that that ability had to be handy. "I'm sure that will help you out even more this week!" And hopefully, the butler would not have to contend with the downfall of having such an ability. Regardless of the current season, it was always good to be prepared.

It was nice to hear that both Lawrence and Zurg had been able to tend to their wounds outside without much issue, right before they had to take care of dressing the game. Tomboy that she was, especially after some of her own experiences in seeing food that had not been acquired from the kitchen or market, the disguised princess was unphased by the prospect of having to handle such a task. What did give her a bit of pause though was the idea of dressing a less-known animal… although between general anatomy and Lawrence's quick mind, she imagined it wasn't so tricky once he got a better look at it. And here, it seemed that one member of royalty could handle blood better than another. "Poor Zurg… I hope it wasn't too bad on your own, or at all for that matter. I'm sure you got some great meat from the beast."

After all was said and done, Lawrence had indeed got to experience his first shower, but whilst it was just as nice and refreshing as Sheik hoped it would be for him, it appeared that a slip with a towel had caused him a new sort of discomfort. The sensitive horns of his current form were to blame, and with a sympathetic brow raised, the disguised princess stated, "That's no good… I hope that any of that unpleasantness didn't last too long."

As far as the idea of a helmet went, Sheik understood the kind sentiment and wish to offer a helpful suggestion from Link, but regardless of the way that his horns sat… "I'm not sure if that would work… being careful with them is likely the best he can do." Considering how quickly he'd adapted to this form though, she had no doubt that Lawrence would be able to do just that. Any transformation (or disguise for that matter) brought with it some learning time after all, even after the initial and largest part of it.
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:16 am

When the four of them focused on the beast they had brought home from the forest, Lawrence thought about it for a moment. It wasn't really all that different from anything else that ate plants and made bleating noises. "Well, it did have six legs, but other than that and the color, it seemed fairly average otherwise. And I have a strong constitution no matter which form I happen to be in, apparently; handling that was not a problem."

Heh, the little waker of winds was interested in how he cooked the meat? The butler found himself somewhat amused by that; food and cooking were rather important to the boy for some reason. "I prepared it in the same way I would for any other steak, and it turned out splendidly. It was quite tender, and Jo rather liked it . . . I did as well, once I finally had spiced it enough to please this X'rghthu palate of mine."

As for his horns, Lawrence had to try not to laugh when the mute innkeeper mentioned trying to wear a helmet. Well, it was an idea but it would need to be a rather big helmet. "Hmm, a helmet large enough might be far too heavy to wear properly. The wax hasn't washed off yet, but I've also been reapplying it on occasion as well . . . I think the only solution really is to be careful about it, as you've said, Sheik."
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:07 am

Impa nodded as Lawrence described the animal that had become the target of his earlier hunt, inwardly trying to imagine just what such a creature might look like. It sounded as though save its number of legs and interesting color, it was not strange so much as it was unknown. Although blue meat was not something she herself had heard of until today, blue animals were another matter entirely. From the distinct fur of Ordon goats and feathers of certain types of cuccos all the way to various sorts of monsters, the Hyruleans were well-versed with oddly colored fauna.

Unable to suppress a smile at Lawrence's mention of his strong constitution, Impa gave him an empathetic nod. That was certainly something she could relate to, much like making sure that there was a good meal from a new hunt. The steak from the different creature definitely sounded nice, and that stood regardless of any levels of spice it had. "Now that does sound good. I'm glad you all enjoyed that meal and that you got to test your skills with a new sort of meat."

The idea of a helmet large enough to fit over not only a X'rghthu's head but also ones horns was rather amusing, but although such a thing would not help the butler here, it was still a kind thought. Just as the Sheikah had thought, the wax had not come off yet, and Lawrence had been able to make sure he kept a good coating of it on his horns. Considering how sensitive they were, it was very handy that Zurg had such a substance, and although it made perfect sense considering the monarch's own physiology, it was still good to know that any X'rghthu – temporary or otherwise –would be relatively comfortable in that regard.
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:54 pm

Perhaps a helmet was a very good idea after all, Link thought as laughed a little and scratched his cheek. Of course, he didn’t realise the failings of his idea until after the suggestion was made known to others. With how sensitive the horns were, it would be a silly idea to protect them when the very protection had a chance of knocking into the horns in the first place.

“I hope they don’t become something that would stop you enjoying your new form,” wrote Link. It would be terrible if you planned to be something, only to have that something being not as great as you had hoped it to be. It made this boy wonder that if he was given a choice to experience something that was not a Hylian, what would he want to be? His eyes drifted over to Impa, briefly wondering if being a Sheikah was any that much different from a Hylian, then he blinked over Lawrence. He didn’t quite fancy being a Xrghthu but being a robot would be interesting. What does that feel like? He had taken control of statues before with the Command Melody but that doesn’t compare at all.

Or maybe a Zora! He’d like to be a Zora.

Then his attention was grabbed by the description of the creature. SIX legs? Followed by the knowledge of the creature becoming a meal, Link cannot help but grin widely. SIX legs. That was one tasty sounding meal. Nobody would have to fight over not getting a meaty leg to chew on.

“I’m sure in a couple of days time, you would be all used to this this new form,” said Ciela. “Does anybody else know about your transformation yet? Or do you want to be kept quiet? We would all be happy to keep hush about it if you want.”

Not that the fairy could think of any situation where the Impa and the kids would babble about Lawrence’ change. It was hardly something that could naturally come up in conversation without you sounding like a major gossip spreader, which was something they were not. But if a mutual friend of theirs came by and the topic did come up….the fairy tried to think of who else were friends with Lawrence and imagined how they might react.
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:29 am

Link's own hunting experience was more limited to smaller game and even then, most of that had started up after he had first left the Kokiri Forest, but he was always intrigued to hear tales of such. The strange beast that Lawrence had taken down was no exception, and he was pleased to hear that save the number of legs and color of the meat, that the creature had made a tasty meal. He nearly found his mouth watering at the mention of how the steak was prepared, for even though it was a pretty standard method, he knew from any of the meals that the kitchen or Impa made that a well-seasoned steak was always great.

Nodding in agreement with the Sheikah, Link added, "It does! A tender steak is always great!" Especially if that steak came from a fine cut of Lon Lon Beef.

Smiling a little at the older Link's laugh and slightly sheepish reaction, Link gently nudged his shoulder with his fist to reassure his friend. He nodded in understanding as Lawrence noted why a helmet would not in fact work, as well as at the mention that the wax was in fact still set on his horns. It made sense that he had been reapplying it periodically, and knowing the butler's nature, him being careful about it was not likely to be a problem at all. "So long as you're all right, that's all that matters."

Link could not help but agree with Ciela's assessment regarding Lawrence's current form, shortly before he raised his eyebrows slightly at her next question. Zurg and Jo obviously knew about it, as did the present quartet of Hyruleans, but he wasn't sure if anyone else knew, especially since the transformation was still very recent. Just like the rest of his family, Link was very good at keeping secrets, and he would certainly be ready to if Lawrence wished to maintain his surprise factor.
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:09 am

Sheik nodded as Lawrence further described the beast he had hunted, both for its own build as well as the way that he had prepared the game. The number of limbs was certainly curious, possibly even more than the color of the meat itself, but what mattered the most was that the butler had been fine in handling it and of course that it had made a fine meal. Whilst the disguised princess did not know exactly how Lawrence might prepare a steak, if it was anything akin to the way that Impa or any of the kitchen staff seasoned and prepped them, then she knew that it had to be delicious. She chuckled softly at the note about extra spices to please his current palate, but most of all, she was just glad that it had turned out so well. "Blue or not, I'm glad it was tasty."

At catching Link's laugh and the younger Link's reassuring gesture for him, the disguised princess gave him a nod of her own before looking back to the current X'rghthu. Sheik smiled a bit more at Lawrence's note that she was right about him mostly needing to be careful regarding his horns, just before she stated, "That shouldn't be too hard then, or at least I hope it's not." He was usually very careful even in his robot form, and with the added care she knew he was likely to take in an unfamiliar body, she had full confidence that he wouldn't have any further issues with his horns.

With a nod of agreement to Ciela's remark, Sheik soon found herself curious for the Spirit of Courage's question as well. Had the inn been Lawrence's first stop after his time at home, or had anyone else learned of his temporarily altered constitution? She could not imagine him going around and sharing it with too many people, but whether the four of them were some of if not the first to learn of this after Zurg and Jo themselves, then the disguised princess could not help but feel rather happy and honored.

Current date/time is Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:15 pm