Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: A Visiting Zurgythingy...

Post by Link64 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:39 am

Link nodded as Lawrence moved to note that he was completely fine, and even more that the only ting that should not be touched was his horns. That made enough sense, given how sensitive they likely were, but before the Hero of Time could ponder that too much, he soon widened his eyes in surprise when Lawrence mentioned having had to fight a bear. "A bear?! Really?!"

Wow… he'd had to face off some bears in Hyrule as well as here, but it was still interesting to hear that the butler had run into one as well. At least he seemed to be all right from the encounter… he probably would have already said something otherwise if he wasn't.

Link blinked when Lawrence confirmed that he had gone to the shaman's place over in the business district to have the transformation done. He had heard of the place plenty of times, but even with his own innate curiosity, had never felt like venturing over to it. For one, there hadn't really been anything he wanted to ask for, temporary transformation or otherwise. Aside from that, as far as anything magical went, if he and his friends didn't already know about it, they at least knew how to learn about it.

"At least you two had everything," mused Tatl as he described how he'd passed out before Zurg used the shuttlecraft to get them back home. Just as she'd suspected up, waking up was disorienting for him, but he did get his bearings before too long.

Glancing back up to Lawrence's horns as the butler described how different that sense was, Link nodded in understanding. As a Hylian, he definitely had a sharp sense of hearing, so he could certainly relate to being able to hear well. At the mention of strenuous activity on a bed though, Link simply blinked. Wait, why would someone be doing something active on a bed? Beds were meant for sleeping. Focusing intently to see if he could pick up the sound that Lawrence had mentioned, he furrowed his eyebrows as he caught the faintest sound of furniture moving. Huh… that was weird… maybe they were just moving the furniture, but Lawrence said it sounded like someone was doing something strenuous… but… why would…

Right as Link was starting to guess just one possibility that the butler might have meant, he caught the look from Impa. With the slightest of jolts as though to keep his mind from going further, he gave the Sheikah a hasty nod before looking back to Lawrence. "Y-yeah… it can hurt more when there are really loud noises, but it's usually pretty handy."

As the topic turned to food instead, Link grinned as Lawrence noted that he was definitely enjoying the experience of eating. He raised his eyebrows as he noted that the pseudoteeth could actually separate, inwardly thinking that he'd always thought they might be able to even if he didn't know how exactly. As for the mention of being able to try not only food but Zurg's cooking, Link could only chuckle. "Wow, it sounds like you're lucky to be able to try all of that. I bet Zurg's a great cook!"
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:03 am

"You had to fight a bear?! Are you all right from that?" As far as Sheik could tell, Lawrence was just fine, but it didn't hurt to check on him considering how tough bears usually were. Even with his invitation for them to come get a better look at his current form, she was glad that he was fine here as well, but to learn that he'd encountered a bear… it seemed as though this transformation had already proven to be a big experience in another way for him.

Nodding to Lawrence as he confirmed that he had in fact gone to the shaman's shop, Sheik smiled a bit more as he detailed just how prepared that he and Zurg had been. She was not surprised at all given the two of them, but it was still interesting to think about how that trip might have gone. The disguised princess had been a bit curious about that particular shop, but regardless of her own penchant for magic, she was never curious enough to give it a look… and that stood regardless of the slim chance of any possible transformations there compromising her disguise.

"I would guess you adapted pretty swiftly… I'm glad it didn't take too long," noted Sheik, right before glancing up to Lawrence's horns as he indicated them. Nodding as he described the difference he was experience with his sense of hearing, she could not help but think that he was in perfect company to discuss such. All four of the Hyruleans had incredibly sharp hearing, for both regular sounds as well as potentially magical ones, and as he described how he had to go so far as to dampen his sense of hearing, she was feeling especially grateful for some of the focus-based aspects of picking up quieter sounds with her own hearing. "Wow… I know that the city can be a little loud for us at times, but we've never had to do anything quite that extreme. I'm happy that wax works for you!"

As soon as the butler mentioned that he could hear someone doing something strenuous on a bed though, Sheik tilted her head a bit to the side and blinked, her mind running over a quick, neutral possibility… right before her red eyes widened as she summarily guessed just what he was likely referring to. Her own hearing caught her for a moment though as she picked up the faintest sound of furniture moving, but she was right on trying to tune it out even before Impa gave her, Link, and Link a meaningful look. Her cheeks had warmed a bit at thinking of such, but thankfully she had not wound up blushing there.

By now Lawrence knew very well just how mature the three kids were, and as such Sheik didn't really mind that mention, but she did hope that that tenant would continue to be as quiet as he usually was, even with that sound having been picked up, even if only slightly. Thankfully though, the topic jumped right on to food, and the disguised princess was grinning once more as she heard the happiness in the butler's voice here.

"Chewing or not, it's just neat that you get to experience food. We're all used to it of course, but it's definitely an enjoyable time." Mealtime was always important to the Hyruleans, after all. Nodding to echo the younger Link's note about Zurg's cooking, Sheik raised an eyebrow at catching the older boy's question. She imagined that X'rghthu had some general intolerances as a species, but it was always possible that some of them had allergies that others might not.
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:14 am

"Yes, I truly did have to fight off a bear. Thankfully it seems X'rghthu heal quite quickly indeed. I do still have a few dressings on underneath these robes, but when last I checked my wounds were nearly gone. By the time I return home they should have finished healing. I've never seen any scars on Zurg either, so that should not be a problem for me as well." It had really surprised Lawrence how quickly he was healing, but in a way he was glad for it. He only had most of a week left, there was no time to be dealing with injuries. Not if he wanted to complete the rest of the Nine Tasks in that week.

Now, Lawrence hadn't gone into all the details he could on what he heard, and it looked like at least the young innkeeper had managed to keep his thoughts innocent. Judging from Impa, the other Link, and Sheik, though, it looked very much like their thoughts had gone in the right direction. He had to keep from chuckling at that, and from shaking his head at whoever was doing a certain something. It was the middle of the afternoon, there were better times for that!

Of course, with the subject change, thankfully he didn't have to go into any more detail. Yes, food was a much better subject, let's talk about that! Especially about how delicious Zurg's cooking was. "Zurg is a wonderful cook! I have always had some idea of just how good, given my own sensors and programs make me almost as skilled, but actually getting to taste his cooking is something else entirely. He prepared this sort of crustacean for the two of us on the first night, along with some dipping sauces. It was quite delicious indeed, though one of the sauces was almost too spicy."

Lawrence had to think a bit on the allergies, though, not quite remembering all of them from the top of his head. "Hmm, I cannot have sugar or alcohol, and a few Terran herbs are also off limits. Milk is one of those things while it's possible to consume it, I and likely everyone else in the house would regret it later. Oh, and this isn't food but there's one more; chlorine is something I need to avoid as well. It does not agree with X'rghthu skin at all... those welts Zurg sometimes end up getting when the laundry supplies splash looked rather painful."
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:03 am

Sure enough, Link, Link, and Sheik were enthralled with Lawrence's mention of having fought a bear this morning. The three Hylian kids might have each encountered bears between their respective times in Hyrule as well as on the Breach, but that never made any mention of them any less exciting. Impa nodded as the butler began to describe that X'rghthu healed rather quickly, inwardly thinking that that seemed to be a trait shared by each of their respective species. Upon Lawrence's arrival, she had got the sense that he still had a few bandages about his person (that stood regardless of their place in traditional Sheikah attire), but overall, she was just glad that he was healing up well.

"The most important thing is that you are safe from that encounter. Quick healing is a wonderful ability to have, and I'm glad that any potential injuries aren't going to take up too much time of your experience this week." He already had a great chance here, and it was certainly nice to know that even if he did get scuffed up around any of the trials, such would not hinder the overall time he got to spend as a X'rghthu.

As for the slight distraction of distant sounds from certain tenants of the inn, Impa knew full well that her three charges were more than mature enough to have such be mentioned even briefly, but even so, she was rather glad for the change in subject. As Lawrence brightened right up and moved to describe not only Zurg's cooking skills but his chance to truly experience eating for the first time, she could not help but smile. Logically, every aspect of the experience made perfect sense to the butler, but to be able to hear the sheer fascination in his voice, it was rather adorable in a way. No matter how much he had been able to analyze food previously, tasting it was a new adventure all in its own.

"Now that does sound good… we're all rather fond of seafood ourselves," noted Impa, soon exchanging a knowing grin with the older Link. All four of them loved the bounty of the ocean, but none quite so much as the Hero of Winds.

Once Lawrence moved to explain some of the specific intolerances of the X'rghthu system, Impa found her own memory verified from past conversations with Lawrence as well as visits with Zurg in the Sanctuary. The limits of sugar, alcohol, and milk all made sense, as did the mention of chlorine for that matter. Raising an eyebrow, the Sheikah stated, "I know that it can be a harsh chemical in the right doses, but I did not realize he was that sensitive to it. At least most laundry supplies are bit more diluted than a pure dose of it."
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:03 am

That was some impressive accelerated healing. Link let out a silent whistle in appreciation and his hands once again reached out to poke Lawrence in the arm as if he was testing the muscles underneath. The three kids and Impa were not bad in their own recovery processes but that was more down to their own resilient nature than fast healing and certainly not fast enough to leave no scarring. The innkeeper imagined that would be an ability many narcissistic individuals out there would love to have…. but then again, if they loved the attention upon themselves so much, the scars give them even more a reason to call attention onto their fabulous self.

Link continued to remain oblivious to the reality of the mysterious bed noises but it wasn’t because he was so innocent as to not know about the birds and bees. Oh no, passed that hurdle years ago with grandma when he asked where piglets came from and she had finally gave up feeding him imaginary tales when her grandson disproved each one with either countless days of stalking various parts of Outset Island or the figuring out that the logic did not add up. His innocence to the noises was more because he was honestly a lot more fascinated with Lawrence’s purple-coloured change than anything, leading to his mind not bothering to conjure up possible reasons for the noise than absolutely necessary.

Link perked right up at the mention of crustaceans and he returned Impa’s grin with one of his own followed by a waggle of his thick eyebrows. Lobster? Shrimp? CRAB? With dipping sauces? Sounds like his type of food indeedly. He love all sorts of food but seafood held a special place in his heart. And if Zurg was as masterful a seafood chef as the boy was starting to believe, Link might just very well have to start wondering if there was a possibility of being invited for dinner one night just to sample his cooking.

“Chlorine?” asked Ciela. “That’s the chemical they put some of the pools here, right? Huh, I didn’t know it was in laundry supplies as well. I guess it’s safest for you to do laundry either with gloves or to leave it to Jo? If you get welts from such a diluted dose of it then I wouldn’t want to know what would happen if it’s a concentrated.”

Both Ciela and Link supposed that swimming pools would be a no-go for their transformed friend and Zurg. Judging by the X'rghthu’s conservative dress-style. they were probably not the type to go swimming anyway, at least not with as much skin exposed as modern world seems to favour. They both filed away this allergy information for future reference.

Link looked at Impa, Link and then the disguised Zelda before he grinned widely, turned to Lawrence and opened his arms. “Aa?” he asked, wriggling his fingers and his arms closed a little before he gave a pointed nod to around Lawrence’s waist. Just to ensure he got his request across, he threw in an ounce of eyebrow waggle too.
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:07 am

"Wow…" That was pretty much all Link could say in response to both the fact that Lawrence had tangled with a bear this morning, as well as at the apparent quick healing of X'rghthu. The four Hyruleans themselves had pretty quick healing as well, but even so, it always impressed the Hero of Time when any of them were able to heal up at a faster rate. "It seems like you had quite the morning… I'm glad you're okay!"

Once the subject turned to food, Link found his mouth starting to water a bit. He might not have had quite the same love of seafood that his older nametwin did, but he was still very fond of it… enough to the point that he wast starting to find himself wondering if they might enjoy one of their own seafood feasts tonight. "That sounds delicious… I hope the rest of your meals this week are just as great!" With a chef like Zurg, that was a very distinct likelihood!

His mind still wondering about just how some of Zurg's seafood dishes might be, Link nodded in understanding as Lawrence noted some of the things he couldn't eat. That all made sense, as did the surprise mention of chlorine. That was a chemical they had each come to know here in this world, especially after one of the first times that he and Link had investigated an indoor swimming pool, but even though it had been a little strange to them at first, they hadn't had a bad reaction to it. Nodding along with Impa's assessment of it, Link noted, "I see… I hope you don't have any run-ins with it his week." Quick healing or not, that wouldn't be pleasant at all!

At catching the older Link's look, the younger boy exchanged a quick glance with Tatl before chuckling at the ensuing pantomime. He then turned a slightly sheepish smile to Lawrence, inwardly wondering if he would mind if they gave him a hug. They were always glad to see him of course, but who knew? Maybe a hug might feel a bit different now that he was an organic.
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:09 am

Whilst Sheik was certainly intrigued with the ursine encounter Lawrence had had that morning, far more than that, she was glad to confirm that he was relatively unscathed from the encounter, both from the nature of it in general as well as his currently accelerated healing. Between their own resilient natures, naturally swift healing, potions/milk, and of course the occasional healing spell, they themselves were usually able to heal up without much trouble either, but this was certainly pretty neat. "That's good that you should be fine by then!" Even though she was scarcely surprised by it, she nodded to echo the sentiment that they were all glad he was okay.

Sheik's eyes lit up as Lawrence began to describe not only his experience with food so far, but a very specific example of Zurg's cooking he'd got to try. It made sense that the butler had an idea of how good the food was even before this temporary transformation, but all the same, it was great to hear just how fascinated he was with getting to actually try the food. And even better, it had been seafood!

As Lawrence detailed some of the things he couldn't eat, most of which they all had at least a basic awareness of, Sheik did end up blinking as he mentioned the X'rghthu sensitivity to chlorine. She had learned that it could prove to be harsh in certain situations, but thankfully, the Hyruleans' own exposure to it had always been in limited or diluted doses. Pondering of Ciela's question regarding it with the laundry, the disguised princess soon stated, "That's unfortunate… I hope that any of those heal up as quickly as other injuries."

Sheik raised an eyebrow at the grin that the Hero of Winds turned to her, right before she herself smiled even more. Turning back to Lawrence around the older boy's motion, Sheik said, "I have to admit, Link has a good idea. We might have hugged you before, but would it be all right if we gave you a hug whilst you're in this form?" After all, he had excellent sensors as a robot, but this might be one of their only chances to give him a hug whilst their good friend was like this.
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:24 am

The quick healing was something Lawrence certainly appreciated as well, getting all those slashes had hurt quite badly. The pain quickly lessened once he and Zurg were home and had a chance to treat said injuries. "As much as I find certain aspects of this body to be rather irritating, at least there seem to be an even number of other traits that prove quite useful."

As for Ciela's question about the chlorine, the butler took a moment to think. "Ah, it's the main component of bleach. Thankfully it only needs to be used with one load, the whites, to keep them from looking dingy. I would usually handle that in my true form, but whenever Zurg has to, he does use gloves. I will do the same if we need to take care of any laundry before this week ends."

Lawrence wasn't quite sure what to make of Link's pantomiming at first, not quite used to reading the boy's body language. It was Sheik that would end up elaborating, and a slow smile began to appear beneath the former robot's veil. "Well, of course; I would be glad to do so. Would you like your hugs one at a time, or all at once?" At that he stretched out his arms to show just how much reach he had. "I certainly have the ability to handle the latter."
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Mon May 05, 2014 8:19 pm

The talk of food seemed to be a rather good one for each of them, and admittedly, that subject had given Impa a few ideas of what the four of them might wind up having for dinner. They were certainly stocked up given Link, Link, and Sheik's trip to the supermarket as well as a previous visit to the local butcher shop, and that only added to the fine variety of options for them.

Impa was rather amused at Lawrence's assessment of his current form, but whilst there were a few causes for annoyance, at the very least, he had plenty of advantageous traits. "That's understandable, and I'm sure you'll adapt just fine over the course of the week… even more than you already have." That being said, the Sheikah had a strong feeling that by the end of his time as a X'rghthu, the butler would not only have a better understanding of Zurg himself, but he might also have an even greater appreciation for his own robotic body.

When Lawrence expanded on the explanation about chlorine, Impa nodded in understanding. That made plenty of sense. Given the differences between this world and Hyrule, the chemical itself was not recognized as that compound form back in the mythical kingdom. However, between the base study of chemistry there as well as a general review of the subject here, she knew enough to at least recognize many elements and their primary properties.

As she caught both the idea that her three charges had regarding hugging Lawrence, as well as his own sweet reaction to it, Impa could only smile broadly. The notion of an embrace seemed to be an even better action for the butler than it was the kids, but even so, the exchange had already warmed her heart further.
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Fri May 09, 2014 8:56 am

Being unable to voice words had its downsides but on the other hand, you got all sorts of of interesting interactions with the people around you. His pantomiming might be a little lost to Lawrence but thankfully, Sheik was there to translate and the innkeeper nodded his head happily at the voiced version of his enquiry.

They had hugged Lawrence in his original form and with how fascinating his new one was, you cannot fully appreciate and understand the difference until you wrap your arms around him in a hug. At his offer to hug them individually or altogether, Link blinked, having not considered that part. He eyed their robed-friend’s build, paying extra attention to the arms then looked at the other two young heroes with a giant grin.

“Heh?” he laughed, putting his hands on their shoulders then together, they approached Lawrence and wrapped their arms around him, mindful not to hug too hard so as not to hurt any wounds which might be still healing or tender.

The first thought Link had was that Lawrence was soft and squishy compared to his robot form, which was expected.

Ciela settled on Impa' left shoulder and chuckled at the group hug. “Make it an extra strong hug or else he might pester you later for a show of strength,” May as well kill two Keeses with one pellet!
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Mon May 12, 2014 2:20 am

Link could definitely see the advantages and disadvantages between Lawrence's true form and his current one. He had experienced that between both his child and adult bodies back in Hyrule, and he had noticed it to a far greater extent with each of his transformation masks, so whilst he had certain things he really appreciated about each form, he also understood catching the weaknesses in them. Save the differences between his current age and his adult self, for his masks, he couldn't swim or withstand fire as a Deku Scrub, water and climbing meant trouble when he was a Goron, fire and ice were dangerous when he was a Zora, and he couldn't access much of his inventory in any of those forms. He had long since learned to utilize each form's advantages though, but even with as neat as it could be to change, he still preferred his Hylian body. As Tatl had once noted to him back in Termina, after all, it was his.

Nodding in agreement with Impa's note about him adapting whilst he was in this form, Link soon smiled even more at Lawrence's reaction to his older nametwin's question. Between Sheik's translation and the butler's even brighter tone, he was even happier at the idea, but was admittedly a bit curious as to which might be best here… a solo or group hug. As far as Lawrence's ability to handle the latter went, Link had to let out another chuckle. "Ha-ha, that you do!" The Hero of Time certainly appreciated both, but no sooner had he caught the Hero of Time's look than was he returning his grin.

A moment later, both Link and Sheik were flanking the older boy, and all three of them moved to give Lawrence one of the best group hugs they could. It was almost as surreal to hug the butler in this form as it was to see him in one, but even though the physical sensation of this hug was different, he could still tell that this was their friend, and that alone made the hug extra special.
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Mon May 12, 2014 2:54 am

Sheik might have only experienced far simpler uses of magic to change her appearance instead of an outright transformation, but she could certainly see what Lawrence meant about his current body having both advantages and disadvantages. Even with the few annoyances that he had faced so far, she imagined that most aspects were rather neutral, and that there did in fact appear to be far more positive traits that he could appreciate as a X'rghthu. That did not replace his own benefits as a robot of course, but with a nod to echo Impa's assessment, she figured that this would prove to be a good experience during the week as well as long beyond it.

The chlorine concern was thankfully not an especially present one, and once that was better explained, it seemed that the disguised princess had had the right idea in better expanding on Link's pantomimed question. Thankfully, Lawrence's momentary confusion was soon replaced by a steady smile, one that she could pick up the sense of regardless of the veil that covered much of his face. "Thanks Lawrence," noted Sheik, right before raising a curious eyebrow at his own inquiry as to how they would prefer to be hugged. Now that was a very good question, one that even she had to ponder for a moment. She did chuckle lightheartedly as the butler held out his arms and noted that he could definitely hug each of them at once, right before adding, "Of course!"

Glancing from the younger Link to the older boy, Sheik soon nodded with a quick "Mm!" in agreement. All three of them seemed to have come to the same answer together, and a moment later, they had moved forward to meet Lawrence with a group hug that was strong but not too tight. "I think the latter would be great!" From the numerous times the three had hugged Impa in a similar way, they had caught him just right, and hopefully, the butler would enjoy this hug just as much if not more than he did the ones he had received from them as a robot. Each of those was special, but it was still neat to hug him in this extra soft form!
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Wed May 21, 2014 8:42 pm

There was a certain part of Lawrence deep down that still could scarcely believe he was doing all of this, and would likely continue to feel that way the entire time he was transformed. However, it was ignored easily enough because despite earlier difficulties, overall he was happy with things.

Only a handful of beings on the Breach were worthy of his hugs, and these three little Hyruleans were definitely among that list. He leaned down to hug them all at once, certainly not using all of his strength here, but at least matching how tightly the three of them were hugging him back. If they were really paying attention, they might've heard or felt a contented little rumble coming from Lawrence. It wasn't really loud, but it was enough to be noticeable. They might've caught Zurg doing the same thing in the Sanctuary at one point or another...
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Wed May 28, 2014 5:07 am

Temporary as it might have been, the transformation that Lawrence had undergone was undoubtedly just as unbelievable an experience as it was a fascinating one. There were certainly various hurdles to jump and obstacles to consider around it, but overall, the Sheikah felt that her friend had made a noble decision to both quench his curiosity and gain a chance to better understand a certain monarch. Early on, he certainly seemed to be pleased with everything, and she only hoped that that continued through the week.

Impa watched proudly as her three charges moved forward to catch Lawrence in one of their expert group hugs, her soft smile only growing as the butler leaned forward to hug them back. He might have been especially selective with his hugs, yet that made it all the more special to see the embrace exchanged here. It appeared that this hug meant even more for the four of them than they might have anticipated, and that became especially evident to Impa once her ears perked up at catching the faint rumble coming from the current X'rghthu. It was subtly noticeable, and it was just as contented as it was soft. That alone confirmed that no matter what this experience held for him next, at the very least, he was able to forge some good memories from it.
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Sat May 31, 2014 4:42 pm

Because of a combination of reasons, like work and timing, Link was not a frequent visitor of the Sanctuary. So it was that he had never learned of the rumbling noise Zurg could produce, therefore when Lawrence made it, the innkeeper was surprised. The boy blinked when he first picked up the sound, pulled his face and head back and stared. After a few seconds of unblinking staring, he suddenly placed his head forward again, this time, pressing his ear against the X'rghthu's chest in fascinated concentration. So, Zurg's kind was like a cat. They made rumbling noises when they're content. Interesting.

As the hug ended, Link pulled away with a giant grin. He lifted an arm, flexed his muscles a few times, then pointed at Lawrence. "Yes, you are indeed strong," translated his fairy companion, then she cannot help but add, "Well, he must be if he took care of a bear this morning."

"Aa," Link agreed with a nod. "What happened to the bear?" he wrote. Would they take it home and eat it, he wondered. In fact, what did bear meat taste like?

Current date/time is Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:34 am