Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: A Visiting Zurgythingy...

Post by Impa on Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:07 am

Lawrence seemed rather intrigued by the idea of trying a potion whilst he was able to consume such, and after pondering it for a few seconds, it seemed that he was keen to experience something else he was not able to as a robot. Thanks to various visits in the Sanctuary, Impa had learned of some of the things that Zurg had to be careful about ingesting, but luckily, it seemed that she had been correct about a potion being within the realm of possibility.

"No, none of the potions have any sugar or alcohol in them, so they should be safe for you. I actually have a red potion on me right now, which is one that can restore your life force. If you'd like to try it either now or later, I can certainly give it to you. They're easy enough to make." The Sheikah was not quite the potion maker as the shopkeep in the market or the elderly woman in Kakariko Village, but she knew enough to at least make some simple potions.

As Lawrence shook his head and remarked how NOS-4-A2 had twisted something as basic as hunger, she could only nod in agreement with him that the energy vampire's overall design was frightening in general. It was curious that such an automaton had ever been made in the first place, regardless of the nature of things at the time, but the important thing now was that the butler had conquered his previous experiences with him.

"Indeed," noted Impa, smiling a bit more as Lawrence's recollection matched her own. Thinking about the differences between organics and robots did soon bring another thought to mind, though… namely one regarding a certain mechanic. "You mentioned how Jo hosed you off, but I'm curious now… did she know about this plan before the change?"
    Lawrence

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:36 pm

A red potion? Well, if it was safe as Impa promised, Lawrence was willing to give it a try. "It replenishes your life force? That sounds quite interesting . . . I would like to try it, but a bit later. I'm still rather full from lunch."

The thought of trying something new unfortunately couldn't quite take the sting out of remembering what Jo's initial reaction had been like. That had been the first bump of a rather bad day, even if things finally improved towards the end of it. The butler shook his head, sounding faintly regretful. "No, we hadn't told her ahead of time, mainly due to needing to keep things secret from that blasted construct, X'ki. He would have never allowed Zurg to permit me to do this, so set against outsiders as he is."

He paused for a moment, letting out a faint sigh. "Jo was not happy with either of us, considering she would now have to live with two X'rghthu for a week. Thankfully she has seemed to mostly put it past her, especially given what happened after X'ki discovered our little transgression. Oh no, he certainly couldn't have an outsider wanting to learn what his culture was like . . ."
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:36 pm

Impa nodded at Lawrence's question regarding the red potion before smiling a bit at his own answer. "That sounds just fine, and I can imagine you are considering the success of your hunt."

As the butler shook his head and began to explain that not only had he and Zurg not told Jo of his planned transformation, but that things had needed to be kept especially secret given X'ki's xenophobic biases, the Sheikah's frowned a bit. A sympathetic look returned to her red eyes as he continued, detailing that Jo had in fact not been happy at all. It made sense considering the understandable challenge he touched on, especially when one of the two X'rghthu was not accustomed to being one.

The coupled with the very nature of that surprise being kept under wraps certainly made for quite the cause for concern, but thankfully, Lawrence did soon confirm that the mechanic had been able to move past that. Given her steadfast nature, that seemed just right for her, and it appeared that that had happened just in time. The second mention of X'ki here did cause Impa to nod once more, albeit with a slightly amused quirk to her lips at her friend's comment regarding the construct. He had of course previously noted that he was not going to let X'ki bully him out of seeing this experience through, and although he had proven stressful, at least the construct was out of commission for the time being.

"I'm sorry about that, but I'm glad that she has at least moved past that," stated Impa. She was admittedly intrigued to what exactly had happened with X'ki, but considering how Lawrence was still less than thrilled to recall it, she felt that he could expand on that if he so chose to. As helpful as it seemed to be for him to get some of these lingering feelings out of his system, that appeared to be one subject that was better for him to broach on his own. "I can imagine it was an unexpected discovery for her, but I'm sure she'll continue to warm up to the idea as the week progresses. As for X'ki, it sounds as though his arrogance awarded him with nothing but retribution. Better yet, you get to continue with this new experience and learn more in spite of his own view."
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:04 pm

Lawrence listened to Impa's words, though he couldn't help but sigh again. Even though things probably could have gone so much worse than this, that didn't mean the sequence of events that did happen wasn't still painful. "Retribution indeed, but I could have done without everything that led up to it. Exile for the both of us, over something that is not even permanent? Bah..."

The X'rghthu shut his eyes for a moment, thinking back over all of it again. "I do wonder if emerging when I did was the right thing to do . . . would his reaction not have been quite so harsh if I had waited? But then I remember how Zurg sounded after X'ki was so terrible to him beforehand; I-- I simply could not stand for it. The urge to stand up for him felt so much stronger than usual, as well. I'm not sure if I would have been able to resist going out, regardless."

He opened his eyes again, his slight melancholy replaced by something that seemed more amused than anything. "Well, I suppose if this is the most trouble my love for him has gotten us into, that is something of a point in my favor."
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:23 pm

Impa's gaze softened a touch at catching Lawrence's sigh. It appeared that without either of them meaning to, they had come to a point where the butler had some things that it was best for him to address and talk about. Whilst she certainly sympathized that he was contending with all of this, the Sheikah was still glad that she was able to help him sort through it all… and with the progress he'd already made in their talk thus far, she as confident that he was bound to make even more.

Narrowing her gaze slightly at the note of things leading up to the aforementioned retribution, Impa soon raised her eyebrows a bit at the mention of exile for both Zurg and Lawrence. "Exile? Over this?"

The Sheikah might not have understood X'rghthu culture, but that still seemed like an extreme measure to her. As Lawrence continued, musing about how X'ki's reaction to the entire thing might have differed based on his own timing back home, Impa's eyes took on even more of an understanding look. "You emerged when you felt you had to, and I'm sure it was the right time. When you heard what was being said and how it affected Zurg, you acted as you saw fit. The situation itself might have varied a bit had you waited, but I have a strong feeling that at the core, the emotions and results would have been much the same."

When Lawrence opened his eyes again, Impa did not fail to catch the shift from wistful to amused, and a slight smile graced her lips at his next remark. Nodding, she stated, "I'd say it certainly is. That right there is something you can always hold onto."
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:05 am

"Yes, exile. I do understand they have issues about outsiders, but I could only see there being that much of a problem if this were permanent. In a week I will be my old self again, with nothing of this form remaining other than the memories." There was a bit of a scowl from Lawrence then, though Impa could only really see his eyes. "There certainly was no precedent for it; Zurg's universe was much like my own in that there was no magic powerful enough to do something like this, let alone much in the way of magic at all."

Part of him still wished he were the one to get a few stomps on X'ki as opposed to Jo, though the actual chain of events was probably for the best. Wanting to move on to other things, he shook his head and tried to change the subject. "But enough about X'ki, I feel like showing off a bit more . . . are any of your young charges around the inn at the moment? I want to see how many of them mistake me for Zurg..."

There really hadn't been anyone who had done that so far, not even on the way here, but then again a X'rghthu was a bit too intimidating height-wise for some to go right up and ask 'Is that you, Zurg?'
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:54 pm

Lawrence explained the general reasoning behind the exile, and much like the butler, Impa found herself thinking that such a punishment would have been far more fitting had this transformation been a permanent thing, if it was even called for to such an extent then. She nodded in understanding, definitely catching the hint of the scowl in Lawrence's eyes, and finding herself in full agreement with there being absolutely no precedent. With a slight sigh, she noted, "Indeed there was not… well, whilst I am still sorry that you had to contend with him, the most important thing is that he has been dealt with, and you are still able to get a true experience out of all of this. I can't say for certain, but I have a good feeling about the rest of your time in this form."

When Lawrence was set to move on from that subject, Impa found that she could not second that more, especially since he seemed to have lost most if not all of the invisible weight he'd been carrying around his overall good mood when he had first stopped by the inn. She had been set to help change topics herself, but only when he was ready, and save the fact that it was more his place to do so, that time had come. At his next question though, the Sheikah could not help but smile rather broadly, a hint of slyness appearing at her friend's playful note.

"Yes, they're all here right now," stated Impa, nodding as she glanced back towards the lobby proper. "Considering the time, Link and Link are most likely headed back to the front desk… and I would not be surprised if Sheik was with them."

Moving to stand as she focused more on the presence of her three charges, Impa turned back to the current X'rghthu as she gestured towards the reception, asking, "Shall we then?" After you, Lawrence.
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:09 am

Come to think of it, Lawrence did think he heard one of the entryway doors opening just a bit ago. Hmm, maybe it was the three young Hyruleans returning from elsewhere. The X'rghthu nodded and stood up, taking the lead as Impa suggested. "Of course . . . this should prove to be quite interesting."

With that, he headed towards the main lobby and reception area, looking around for the three children that might be there. At this point Lawrence was going to hold off on speaking, as the one thing that was a dead giveaway to his identity at the moment would be his voice.

Sheik might be able to see through this form, given he was also a Sheikah, as for the two Links, that might be a different story. In any case, the butler and Impa would see if they recognized him shortly.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:08 pm

Impa's smile grew a touch more as Lawrence moved to stand, noting that this exchange could wind up being quite interesting. She had a very strong feeling that it most certainly would, and more than that, it would likely be a rather fun encounter and nice surprise for her three charges.

With Lawrence taking the point, Impa followed along a few steps behind him, her expression shifting to more of a neutral one before they wound up approaching the front desk so as not to give away anything. She herself might have been able to tell that this X'rghthu was Lawrence with only a moment's focus, but she was admittedly rather curious to see if Link, Link, or Sheik might be able to figure out that it was in fact the butler for themselves.

The disguised princess might not have had Eyes of Truth per say, but her own perception was certainly respectable, and the Sheikah was rather confident that she stood a good chance of recognizing Lawrence before too long. As for Link and Link, the two lads were rather sharp, but considering how both of them had been surprised by other disguises before, that was something more of a curiosity. Regardless as to what time it took for her three charges though, Impa was just looking forward to seeing their reactions to this surprise visit, and of course to Lawrence's own enjoyment with his current form.
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:49 am

Link pushed the front door open with his back, his arms loaded with goods the kids had got from their grocery run. From bread to drinks to ice cream to tinned food to snacks, it seemed like they had fun and may had overspent a tiny bit if Ciela’s sighing and barely audible number counting was any clue. The innkeeper stepped aside from the doorway and quickly stuck out his foot to prop the door wide open for his nametwin and Sheik to come in.

“Aa!” he called in greeting as a glance into the lobby showed him Impa and Zurg. It wasn’t until Sheik and Link were both inside and he stepped back from the door that the inkling of the thought ‘Zurg looked a little…. off’ started to spread in his mind. He turned around to look at the alien and Impa properly, ready to give them a greeting that was his full attention instead of the half-attentive one he gave previously.

Except...Zurg didn’t just look a little off. He looked a little er… little. Wasn’t the ex-emperor taller? No wait, this wasn’t Zurg, right? The features were similar but there was something different that Link can’t point out right now because it was all so muddling that he didn’t even know where to start. The Hero of Winds glanced at his friends, furrowed his brows then put the groceries on the reception desk before reaching for his digiglass to write the only thing he could think of. “Hello, I’m Link. Are you Zurg’s little brother?”
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:21 pm

The three kids might have literally been just outside of the inn when Lawrence asked about them, but Impa was very right when she said that they were right here. The trio were in high spirits as they had just returned from an especially fun grocery run that was set to stock all three of their rooms up, and between their collective Hyrulean storage spaces that were effectively full with their finds save what they had carried outside of them, it looked like they were going to be set for a good while… save trips to the local butcher for some of their next meals, of course.

Link grinned and nodded his thanks to his older nametwin as he held the door open for him and Sheik, right before his ears perked up slightly at the greeting he then called out. Impa was there, but in front of her was… Zurg? No, not quite… he looked very, very similar to him, though. In some ways, the resemblance reminded him of the one that he and Link shared, but more than anything, he was just curious as to who this was. Whether he was another X'rghthu entirely, related to Zurg, or if he was Zurg himself and something had happened to him, like a gradual version of what had happened to Kafei, at least everything seemed okay here. If it was the latter, he imagined that the monarch would be just a little less calm!

"Hi, Impa," called Link, nodding to the Sheikah before looking to the X'rghthu before them. "Hello, sir. Welcome to the Stock Pot Inn." He caught the older Link's glance before his own written question, and soon looked back curiously to the alien. Whoever he was, hopefully he wouldn't mind that he asked that!

As for Tatl, she chimed in thought as she regarded the X'rghthu in the lobby. There was something kind of familiar about him, but it wasn't something quite so obvious as his appearance… what was it?!
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:07 pm

Sheik was still smiling from having tried to reassure Ciela that everything was fine from the grocery run, especially since this had been their next trip that was primarily set for stocking up instead of just picking up a few things. Hopefully the Spirit of Courage would catch her numbers and realize that they had been more than within their budget for this trip as she checked over everything. Once the front door of the inn was a single step away from them Sheik noted, "It's all right, Ciela. And remember, we hadn't been in a while." If nothing else, it was more than worth the bonus stock up trip considering the particularly fun feasts they had enjoyed this month in the wake of everything at the start of the year.

"Thanks Link," said Sheik smiling and nodding to the Hero of Winds as he held the door open for Link and herself. Once she was inside the lobby, her red eyes widened slightly as she spotted not only Impa, but someone who struck a remarkable resemblance to Zurg as well. "Ah…" she sounded, blinking in surprise as she looked to the unfamiliar form. The same species or not, he certainly looked like Zurg, but a quick glance about him quickly confirmed that he was not in fact the monarch.

The disguised princess wasn't quite sure who he was to be honest, but regardless of the fact that he was a X'rghthu, she couldn't quite shake the feeling that she had met him before…

With a greeting smile and nod to Impa around catching the older Link's curious look, Sheik turned back to the possible new arrival before adding, "Hello there. I'm sorry, but I can't help but feel that… I know you from somewhere…"
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:52 pm

When Lawrence read over what the young innkeeper said to him, he had to try very hard to keep from laughing. Zurg's little brother? At the moment that might sort of be true... well, maybe only at the genetic level, anyway. The other Link likewise did not mistake him for Zurg, instead probably taking him as a new arrival.

Sheik on the other hand, the young Sheikah did seem to pick up on some familiarity, though it wasn't an immediate determination like Impa had managed. That felt about right, as the boy was in training right now.

Still, no one had thought he was Zurg, so it was probably time to dispense with the mysteriousness. Lawrence let out the chuckle he was holding back, likely revealing who he really was just with that, but he still went ahead and spoke anyway. "My, it seems I am still so unused to being taller, that the fact I am still shorter than Zurg in this state must have slipped my mind. I'm sure you've already guessed simply from the sound of my voice, but while my appearance might be changed for a while, I'm still Lawrence underneath all of this."

Having said that, now to see what their reactions were going to be...
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:51 pm

Impa's ears perked up the slightest bit as her sense that her three charges were nearby was soon accompanied by the sound that heralded their return. Sure enough, Link, Sheik, and Link appeared through the front door of the inn, having just returned from their earlier grocery run. The Sheikah smiled and nodded to the Hero of Winds at the greeting he gave both of them, although she kept her expression soft regardless of the amusement she was feeling at seeing the reactions of the trio of kids.

The Sage could tell that Link, Link, and Sheik were definitely curious about the seemingly new X'rghthu before them, and as the metaphorical gears in their heads turned, she could see how they were all attempting to sort out this new puzzle. Whether it was a new sight or attempting to figure out how to advance within a dungeon, all three of them were rather adept at such, and she was always proud to see their minds at work in such a way.

Soon enough, around her own responses to the greetings from Link and Sheik, their own guesses were revealed. The older Link asked if Lawrence was in fact Zurg's little brother. Given his appearance and stature, that was certainly a very reasonable question. As for the younger Link, whilst he gave him a polite welcome, he seemed to be thinking if he wasn't a relative, he was at least someone that might know Zurg regardless of them being the same species. Now whilst the two young heroes had had decent guesses, Sheik's own perception seemed to have given her another clue as to who stood before her, as although she couldn't quite discern that this was in fact the butler they all knew and loved, he did strike her as familiar.

Impa's soft smile broadened as Lawrence began to chuckle, and as the familiar voice began to speak, she glanced from him back to her charges to gauge their next reactions. Nodding to echo the butler's note that it really was him, the Sheikah added, "Indeed he is. He might have this form for a little while, but he is in fact Lawrence. I'd say he was able to make his visit double the surprise."
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:45 pm

Perhaps it was a bit forward for him to dive into such a question on the get go but judging from the posture of Impa and the new person, he had a feeling that the setting wasn't as formal as it would be if it was the first time they met this person. It was a rather relaxed atmosphere here so he was fairly sure the unknown X'rghthu wouldn't mind.... he hope.

When Sheik said that their new acquaintance seemed familiar, Link blinked, looked the being from head to toe and back up again before tilting his head just the tiniest fraction to one side. Indeed! He did seem familiar but the innkeeper cannot put his finger on exactly what because apart from Zurg, they had most definitely never seen anybody else from his species.

Then the being spoke and his identity was revealed! The Hero of Winds did what he did best when met with such surprise. He stared.

And stared.

And stared.

Then his eyes widened. LAWRENCE?!

"Ha?" he gasped, not believing it. What? Was this an illusion? He squinted and concentrated as if that could break the spell and when it failed to (obviously), he looked to Impa who further confirm what they were hearing and what Lawrence himself said. This was Lawrence. No denying it!

"Lawrence?!" See! Even his fairy was surprised. "Why are you like that? Was it done on purpose? It's not a body switch, is it? You look very similar to Zurg but not exactly."

Indeed, the difference was subtle but definitely there. It reminded the fairies and Link himself of how similar the two Links looked but are clearly different boys.

Current date/time is Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:43 am