Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Hello Darkness, My Old Friend...

Post by Fear on Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:20 am

Time: 2:13
    Date: September 5, 0004

"Behold, neanderthal! I am the Knight Automated Roving Rube. I am more advanced than your average can opener."

"I don't mind that your warm, life-infested body sits on my seats. Oh no, not at all! Please, heat them up!"

"In fact, I rather adore your presence. Wherever would I be without your skilled hands, technician? Surely I would rust and rot away, such wishful thinking!"

"Pay no mind to my driver. He is currently a motel for BUGS. He's not possibly an undead champion of justice, responsible for the deaths of BIIIIILLLIOOOONS!"

And so it went, the Dark Judge without his true calling aimlessly wandering the many twisted, confusing streets of Portal City. Eh, it was just like any average metropolis, really. Buildings of different architectural periods, pedestrians in all shapes and sizes, and your stereotypical taxis that liked to drive through the streets as if the Devil were hot on their wheels. So many traffic infractions that literally begged for death...

Sigh, it simply wasn't meant to be.

Judge Fear spent the last twenty minutes navigating his way up and down the cracked sidewalks, his feet having no care where they ended up. Perhaps he shall find a cozy morgue to visit? Or, better yet, a convalescent home that needed a part-time angel of mercy! That last thought in particular brightened his foul spirits but it, alas, wasn't enough to bring him out of this morose state. "What a miserable state of affairs I have seemed to fallen upon," he remarked irritably. A few joggers paused to get a good look at the unsightly Dark Judge, perhaps finding disgust in his sickly person, before he sent them running with a glowing dirty look and unnatural hiss. "Iniquitous mortals! Do not gaze upon me as if I am a mere curiosity destined for the house of oddities!" Those ungrateful sinners will no doubt lose several more calories at the frantic pace they were now going. Ah, look at them dart off out of sheer terror... Here's hoping that they run face-first into oncoming traffic.

When no pleasing crunch of metal and glass came, however, Judge Fear gave up all hopes of witnessing a horrific accident and resumed his pace. Bah, this dimension was no fun. No fun at all. Irritation evolved into accumulating enmity, thereby rendering the Dark Judge prone to doing something... wicked.

Or just, depending on whose perspective.

WHACK!

"And STAY out!"

Hmm? What was that? Judge Fear glanced up and noticed a surly bouncer retreating back into a nearby building; whereas a man, badly bruised and bloody, lay writhing on bare concrete. Oh, and what was this the fiend discovered? Curious, the Dark Judge approached and found the building in question was, in actuality, a bar. And that man on the floor? Ah, nothing more than a cantankerous fool who thought he was king of the world. The ghoul rubbed his hands together, anticipation rising, as he particularly knew how mortals could be when under the influence of, how shall he put it, persuasive substances. AKA: much easier to cause accidents and other such death-defying antics. Sounds like good - !

"H-Hey, brother... Can... Can you help me a-and get me back onto my feet?"

Oh look, the mortal wanted assistance.

Staring down at the wounded man, Judge Fear thought otherwise. He stated not a word and instead proceeded to walk not only over the man but directly on the man, the ghoul purposefully shifting all of his weight to his heels. Crunch, crunch!

"OW! Hey, w-what giv - AUGH!"

Leaving the now groaning buffoon to lament his new foot-shaped tattoos, the Dark Judge made his way for the bar's front door and fluidly let himself in. Once inside, where the dimly-lit interior confused both thuggish brute and average patron alike, the fiend strode his way for the only bar and... sat. Yes, he sat. Judge Fear sat upon a bar stool and reached for the nearest drinker next to him, curled talons protruding beneath soft fabrics. "You," he hissed directly into a young man's startled face. So young... so ripe. This mortal shall do! "What is your favourite drink to consume?" Judge Fear demanded.

The lad, no older than twenty-three, meekly stammered, "I-I like tequila, sir." And so it was spoken!

"Bartender! Bring this man and I a round of tequila and keep them coming!" the Dark Judge addressed the nearby bartender. Turning back to the young lad sitting beside him, Judge Fear wrapped his icy fingers around the chap's neck. "What is your name, mortal?"

"F-Freddie, sir." Eh? That name shall do, the fiend supposed. He ignored the man's shivering.

"Well, Freddie," Judge Fear continued, leaning close. Bless the young man's wicked heart, he was trying not to appear bothered at the ghoul's rotten smell. The bartender brought forth their drinks, his expression dubious, but otherwise said not a word before attending someone else. Good! The Dark Judge did not want to be disturbed by more useless questions. "We're going to partake in a little sin, you and I. TO A NEW START!" Drink, Freddie, drink! For soon, after the fourth or fifth round, it shall...

BEGIN!
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Hello Darkness, My Old Friend...

Post by Fear on Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:43 pm

" - And then he told her that I was ill! Can you believe such a lousy cover story as that!? What's worse, she right bought it she did! Hmph!" Judge Fear was currently knocking back his sixth bottle of tequila and he showed no signs of discontinuing. The same could not be said for poor Freddie, who had the sole misfortune of passing out after his eleventh shot. Not that the Dark Judge paid any real mind, though. He was currently of the misguided opinion that his drinking partner was lying face-first for a brief catnap. "You know what, Freddie? I like you," the ghoul began, knocking back his umpteenth shot. SLAM! Another glass in a row of glasses! The Dark Judge then turned to Freddie, the grating of his helm swaying aimlessly opened and closed, and he continued, "You're not like other mortals. Oh no... All this time you've listened to me gripe and groan, and you said not a single word of interruption. Such respect is to be commended!"

Which is exactly why the Dark Judge had opted to poison Freddie's liver, instead. Better to die stupidly drunk than in absolute misery, no? Judge Fear considered himself quite the merciful one and Freddie should be positively delighted.

In whatever plane of existence his soul was soon to inhabit, of course.

Happily slapping the unconscious Freddie on the back, Judge Fear hefted up his tequila bottle and poured it straight down the hatch. Glug, glug, glug! "BUUUAAAAAAARP!" A most hearty note! Not his finest but the Dark Judge could've cared a mutie's - hang on a tic. Slamming the bottle down and sluggishly glancing around, Judge Fear scoured around the bar for the - aha, there he was. "Come now, bartender... Surely you mustn't hide from the law like some bilge rat. Do you have something criminal to hide?" The bartender, shaking in his boots and barely mustering enough courage to peek over the counter, hastily shook that perfectly-round head of his. It would have made a perfectly-round bowling ball, in Judge Fear's high belief. "Good, good... You've provided such excellent service thus far. I'd simply hate to expedite your punishment for ignoring your customers. Say... can you spot an honest man a few smokes? It has literally been years since I've last had a good drag." Maybe decades, even. Never the bartender mind if the Dark Judge had a proper face or not. His job was to keep those drinks coming, not to analyze everything in front of him.

Grabbing the pack that came sliding his way, the ghoul took his share - about five - and left the rest. "Good man! I knew you'd come through for me. I'll tell you what: when Judgement Day comes, I'll give you a smoke to enjoy before taking your - " Tap, tap, TAP! A sudden and incessant poking disturbed Judge Fear while trying to strike a match, the fiend audibly growling. And what sort of inconsideration was this!?

"Hey clown, you're in my seat. Get yer ass up," said someone gruffly.

The bar became deathly silent.

Oh look, it seems the mortals were getting uppity. Finding some humour in the bartender's pleading eyes, Judge Fear assumed they were meant for the poor brute who had so rudely obstructed his smoke. "I beg your pardon, good man, but did you say that this was your seat?" the Dark Judge inquired, swiveling around to face his mysterious challenger. Ah! Look at this fellow, so wide between the shoulders and not between the ears. Judge Fear took note of the average biker facade: obscene tattoos with gang affiliations and naked women; leather vests and what have you; studs; odd metal bits; bandana... How typical, how drab. Judge Fear rose to his towering height with bones loudly cracking, the fiend slightly hunching as he shadowed over the man and his small posse.

The biker backed away for a few inches but he seemed to argue against his better judgement. Goody. "Yeah, that's right. What's the matter, Smiles? You come lookin' fer some costume party? This ain't no place for you yuppie college fuckers. This is my place and you're standing in front of my seat."

Charming, surely. The Dark Judge chuckled that reverberated, ethereal chuckle. It was just enough to spook the other men into taking their rightful distance. "Ha ha ha... I do so enjoy you mortals and your floundering ignorance," he remarked. Judge Fear was still ambivalent to that particular nickname, however. Perhaps forgetting the fact that he was currently no stronger than your usual Judge, the fiend grew cocky and leaned forward. Now the biker and he were matching eye-to-helm and Judge Fear hissed his challenge. "And what if I don't give back your seat? What will you do then, sinner?"

A muffled gasp here and there, the bar's patrons onlooking with bulging eyes.

"Sinner?" The biker cracked his meaty knuckles and then his neck. "If ya don't, I'm gonna beat your scrawny ass and take a shit in that cheap mask of yours." Vulgarity!

That managed to illicit a rise out of the Dark Judge, hissing intensifying. "Of course, of course! What else should I expect from a lowbrow twit such as yourself!" Judge Fear openly insulted. Raising a single claw, he continued to speak, "I've got a better idea, sinner. How about you and I hold a little drinking contest for that precious seat of yours, hmm? Come on, you piss for brains! If I win, your seat is mine and I take whatever cash you're carrying. I'm in a bit of a tight pinch, you could say..."

More gasping, more gawking!

The biker could only heatedly agree, the rage collecting in his face via the forms of bulging veins and reddened cheeks. "Alright, ya son of a bitch! I'll drink you under the goddamn table, Smiles! If ya win, you get my money! If not, I get to drag you out from city limits and shove my fist up your ass! Bartender! We're gonna be drinking whiskey tonight!"

"Deal," Judge Fear confidently agreed.

Everything exploded into a cacophony of cheers and shouts, the entire bar getting ready for what they assumed to be the best entertainment they've had in a while. Little did they know, however... Little did they know what the bartender and poor Freddie knew. There were going to be many, many crying spouses and lovers tonight...
    Cailia Hallow
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 57

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    620/620  (620/620)
    Stamina Bar:
    114/114  (114/114)

Post by Cailia Hallow on Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:21 pm

It was one of those nights.

Those nights where you were bored of your right mind and decided to walk the streets looking for a good time. Bars were a source entertainment to counteract the vapid throes that life was keen on throwing nowadays. Cailia found herself missing the old days, were there was ruckus to stir up but she supposed the company of scourge and no-names would have to suffice this night.

Seeing as the woman was found of the bottle, it was a no brainer to figure where her feet would lead her to. Thats right ye olde faithful bar. Maybe , just maybe the hybrid would be able to weasel out of paying for drinks, after all there was always some idiot willing to dish out the cash for a pretty face and a promise. Stepping up to the door, she smiles unto her self, imagine what a great time she was about to have, until she actually pushed the door open and slid inside.

Cailia eyed the bar, eyes brows raised in surprise at the silence and frowning at how most of the patrons seemed rather inhibited at the moment. Well there went her grand plan of not paying for anything tonight. Oh well, at least the bartender had the good graces to stay awake. But he really faded from her attention when her eyes beheld an eerie or rather amusing sight. An odd man she was assuming, decked out in something awful as well, perched upon a pile of bodies; singing. Couldn't say she knew the song, but it was something that she had a hard time looking away from. But there it was ,bottle in hand, singing away as it sat upon its throne of drunks for the drunk god. It was a first for her to see, and she would admit it. "Well here I thought I was going to come here for some drinking but it looks like everyone just went on and did it with out me. Why did I even bother." Yes, why did she, there was no free drinks or at least a hope of them now. "So what it your deal, singing man? Why is it only you and bar keep here are the only ones not flat on your asses, everyone decide to drink till they dropped all of a sudden?" Cailia asked the oddly hatted, or was it a helmet? She peered to the one whose hat/helm/helmet/covering seemed to smile with rather gaudy wing ornaments if she did say so herself. But hey, free to choose your own style, which was really big tacky things. A theme it seemed to be with really, freakishly bony fella.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:21 am

It was indeed one of those nights, but fret not dear Cailia... You were cordially invited upon Death's doorstep.

"Hello darkness, my old friend..."
    "...I've come to talk with you again!"

And so sat Judge Fear, one of four Dark Judges responsible for the deaths of trillions; one of four Dark Judges capable of killing a person with but a simple stare; one of four Dark Judges absolutely smashed. Behold this humble bar as his shrine to death! Behold these drooling bodies as his throne to justice! There wasn't a soul in here, aside from the useful bartender, that stirred. Good! This was how it was meant to be - righteousness all around! The crime was life and the sentence?

Severe alcohol poisoning. It was the least Judge Fear could do, given his vulnerable status. Ah, but what was this?

Hark! A new individual hath stumbled into his domain; a pretty, young thing, too. Swinging his bottle of whiskey - his eighth - the Dark Judge had done the impossible: he both hissed and chuckled simultaneously. "I promised the bartender a piece of paradise before the gates of Judgement," did he bequeath speech upon this nameless woman. The ghoul flipped a single cigarette effortlessly between his fingers, bringing it closer toward his helm's grill. "An agreement is an agreement and I am an honest man of my eternal word." But no doubt all of this talk was positively boring for his guest and Judge Fear planted his feet firmly into the unconscious faces below. Try not to mind the corpse smell, chums. Where you're all going, you needn't worry about that hangover looming off in the distance of the morrow.

"And in the naked light I saw..."
    "...Ten thousand people, maybe more!"

Such a catchy song, this was!

Seemingly never satiated, the Dark Judge set down yet another empty bottle of hard liquor and promptly fetched his ninth down at his emaciated thigh. A clawed thumb popped off the top with a resounding WHOP! and down, down, down the booze went; straight into Judge Fear's awaiting helm. Glug, glug, glug! There was no beginning nor end to the helm's bleak interior, should there ever have existed one.

"So!" addressed the Dark Judge loudly, reclining back upon his living throne. Not for long, hopefully. He kicked up his sickly feet upon one man's prone back, the fiend beckoning his feminine guest forth. "What can Death entertain you with, hmm? A drinking game, perhaps? I'll have you know, my dear, that I am currently the reigning champion." With all the bodies that may soon keep a local mortician company, it would be... unwise to play a game of spirits. Again the Dark Judge laughed, his chuckling shaking the very foundations of this building as it echoed throughout every nook and cranny. "Or perhaps you have simply come here to ask me niggling questions! Ah yes, questions... How I grow weary of questions."

Whatever the woman was here for, she needn't pay much heed to the cajoling ghoul enjoying himself. Well, that may not be entirely true... Judge Fear had a need for something; an itch, if you will. Turning to Cailia with the helm's interior aglow in a soft, soothing white, the Dark Judge brought out a tall glass and poured for his guest some fine, smooth whiskey. "Here, on me," he continued to chuckle, sliding the glass her way down an nearby table. And in return...

And in return the Dark Judge held out his cigarettes - five of them now - and he tapped a decrepit talon against their pristine butts. "Do you have a light, my dear? You see, sometimes we heralds of death are dreadfully ill-equipped for mortal pleasures... A downside of crossing over, one could say."

"And the people bowed and prayed..."
    Cailia Hallow
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    620/620  (620/620)
    Stamina Bar:
    114/114  (114/114)

Post by Cailia Hallow on Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:09 am

Alcohol poisoning?

Now that would explain the more pungent odor of booze, well the stronger odor of it considering this was a establishment was dedicated to getting sloshed. Cailia couldn't gauge how drunk this man was, though he smelled a little too ripe to be normal but she would be giving the drunken one his moment. Even if it had intervals of him singing, something that the hybrid was ignoring as she was too preoccupied with attempting to decipher what paradise, judgement and gates had to do with one another. He really was wasted, or insane but more than likely it was a sound mixture of everything. "Mmmnyeah. That sounds great, good to know that even when drunk you can keep your self straight." Cailia really wasn't sure how to handle this conversation, though that was more due with the fact that she hadn't a proper few drinks yet, nothing like a little fire to get cognitive function at full capacity.

Watching with a eyebrow slowly creeping upward as he went for another bottle, popping the top off with a seriously heinous thumb nailed that looked as though he forgone any sort of primping since the day he rolled on to the world ( or out of it with that corpse stench). Cailia shifted her weight from one foot to another, grin splitting about her lips as this man referred to himself as Death. Now, she was certainly no fool, if someone went about and declared themselves death she wasn't going to be so keen on playing against a champ in boozing downing. "I'll pass, I don't make bet I'll know I'll lose. And it hardly seemed fair for your friends here either." She wouldn't be a body for his bony bum to find cushion upon. "Sorry, can't say I have any questions. Everything seems crystal clear; except for one, teeny, tiny little thing." There was a pause, and her smile oozed with the barest amounts of mockery masked with the all too normal masquerade of confidence. "If you are Death, then why, oh why, are you sitting here, among the drunken and unconscious, getting hammered?" Here she had thought that higher beings didn't kick it with the lowly mortal crowds.

Cailia, don't look the gift horse in the mouth! Here this kindly, drunken ghoulie was offering you a free drink. Almost as planned, almost as planned. Stepping around bodies and even on them at some points. He should have piled them all off in a corner, it was just too hard to wade through a river of bodies. Lifting the glass, she raised to the drunken Death and tipped the glass back, savoring the burn that only the hands of man could craft. Smacking her lips with satisfaction, Cailia slammed the glass upon the table, pleased with the offering before pulling herself up a seat. Shaking her head, the hybrid rested a hand beneath her chin and smiles. "Sorry, I don't smoke. A filthy habit, I'd say. But I'm sure if you searched your throne, you'd find one." Bodies, bodies everywhere, but not a light in sight? It was a good thing she came in or else he'd be rubbing those toenails together to make sparks.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:33 am

"Drunk?" the fiend repeated, pausing mid-sip. The Dark Judge soon laughed, however, and he jovially slapped one of his bony knees. "Ha ha ha! Nonsense, my dear! This is merely me enjoying a good time! You've yet to see me truly drunk." Take that as you will, mortal.

Clever, Clever wrote:"I'll pass, I don't make bet I'll know I'll lose. And it hardly seemed fair for your friends here either."
    At that Judge Fear held up his bottle respectfully, acknowledging the woman's logical reasoning. "Smart lass, smart lass..." he openly commented, not pursuing a challenge of hard spirits as he had with these men. It wasn't very gentlemanly to intoxicate a single woman, now, was it? Even better, she didn't appear to have any questions, either! The Dark Judge will heartily drink to that and more whiskey was in order. He damn near lapped up half the bottle when, as irony will have it, the woman did have a question for him. It was, as she put it, a teeny, tiny, little thing. He'll be the judge of that, oh yes. Now, what was her question? Ah, she wanted to know why an almighty being such as he was spending time - or wasting, if you so preferred - guzzling all of this perfectly good booze while sitting atop a throne of soon-to-be-departed souls!

A specific question to which Judge Fear answered, "You are simply continuing to amaze me." More chuckling, more hissing. A very precise inquiry! Of course he couldn't tell this mortal the entire truth, as that would be foolish on his part, but it didn't hurt to part ways with a few tidbits. It kept things more interesting that way. "If I am Death, then does it truly matter what I do? As Death, I am an unstoppable force - an endless force. Regardless of whether I am claiming lives, perfecting this world, or drowning myself with hearty liquor, I will always be set in motion. I simply am, not why."

Very philosophical statements, denoting the fact that Judge Fear may enjoy an engaging conversation or two. Seeing as how Portal Breach robbed him ever since awakening from that grave, the Dark Judge might as well.

"But if you must know," the fiend went on to say, contemplating. "I have another name; one which suits me much better. Death is granted to another, yet he is sadly not here..." Alas, alas, alas. Pleased at watching the woman knock back her glass like a veteran, Judge Fear considered pouring her another drink but then decided... what good will that do? Instead, he reached for a row of bottles down at his side and chose one for her. Ah, a sir Johnnie Walker... He didn't know you, sir Walker, but that hardly mattered! The Dark Judge tossed this bottle at the woman and didn't feel like rushing things. He'll get her all the same with the rest of this sin-infested world. A pity she did not have a light on her, however.

Following her advice to ransack through a few bodies, Judge Fear rustled through several pockets before finding what he desired. Ah, a box of matches! Excellent, excellent... The ghoul reclined back and placed all five smokes within the multiple slits of his helm's grill, eager for a long drag. At last, a smoke! He brought a single match down toward his heel, leathery and cracked, and struck it across the skin without so much as a flinch.

SssSSHK!

And so there was light, Judge Fear igniting each cigarette one by one carefully before extinguishing the flame with but a flick of his hand. His ghastly chest expanded as he deeply inhaled, the butts of his smokes flaring brightly, and Judge Fear finally had what he was denied for over fifteen minutes' time. "Ahhhh..." A great plume of smoke, rich and pungent, escaped that eerie helm with a hiss before the Dark Judge turned to gaze upon his nameless guest. "Now that I have entertained your curiosity and you have studied my artwork dedicated to death... To whom am I spending this lovely afternoon with? Come now, my dear. Don't be shy. It is just us here and the bartender... Surely you don't have anything better to do than to humour an old and weary spirit such as I."
    Cailia Hallow
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    620/620  (620/620)
    Stamina Bar:
    114/114  (114/114)

Post by Cailia Hallow on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:03 pm

"Riiiiight, of course. Whatever shakes your bones, jolly~! I get the feeling that I can guess what a true drunk you would look like." Cailia tipped her chair back, then set all four legs upon the floor, repeating the motion contented for now. The compliment of her being a smart lass gave a pleasant little fluff to her feathers, as if an ego ever needed it. But as the woman keenly watched death, it was safe to say she wasn't really believing this guy was death with a capital D. The specifics isn't what she would concern herself with, Cailia but she could snicker in time with the dark judge as yes, she was quite amazing. "Always good to hear, I pride myself in being something amazing." Now, she was waiting for that answer for that teeny, tiny little trifle of an answer to which she was given.

Coming to a rest, Cailia gave the words of a ghoul a good think over. "Hmmm..." What, what did it matter? If one were to suppose, he did make a very valid point. Hypothetically anyhow, what did anything matter. "Well...When you put it that way, you are doing what you are meant to do. Cheers on keeping that promise." She was sadly not very philosophical unless it concerned more survival of the fittest debates.

Cailia still, had no name other that the possible, name of Death that was actually just revealed to not actually be his name after all. If one of his companions was named Death, the hybrid could only guess what the ghoul was named. A few suggestions crawled across her mind but she kept them to herself. Another drink, free of course, was great as it was a kind amount of a entire bottle. Oh boy~! Catching the bottle, there was not a wasted second as Cailia lazily popped he top off, offering a large grin to the ransacking Judge. "Why thank you, looks like I ended up getting my free drinks after all. This turned out much better than expected." Now, now she was quite contented, and would remain as such as the simple pleasures were truly the best.

A brow quirked at how the match was lit, once again she was considering about directing him to a beauty parlor, to remedy those sinfully heinous feet. Worse yet, he didn't smoke one death stick at a time. Oh no, he went ham in the hotel smoking five. Whatever floats you boat, right? Bringing the bottle to her lips, Cailia tipped it back, letting a mouthful slid down before setting the bottle back down. He desire to know who he was talking to? Well, of course she'd give the courtesy."Shy? Not me, definitely not I. But sadly, I have nothing better, like you said. So I suppose I can tell you. I am Cailia Hallow. A simple name really. And now who do I talk to? If not Death, than who?" Do tell, Dark Judge, you had a rapt audience of one whole person.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:47 pm

What a curious sort this woman was! Had she not a care for her fellow humanity and aliens alike? Why, these poor blokes were assuredly to die from their intoxicated livers and experience a most agonizing death. No... No, not at all. The vixen hadn't a care in the world for these poor, miserable souls. It was just as well, the Dark Judge supposed. No point in already helping the damned, was there?

By now the nearby jukebox played a soft, airy tune; it was rather enjoyable but Judge Fear was not one to appreciate the more refined things in life. Not when he was eternally on the clock and he much preferred death. "Cailia Hallow, is it?" the ghoul repeated, finding such a name... well, boring. Yes, it was plenty simple but he was not one to judge a person's name. It was their demise the Dark Judge was after. Just as (if not more so) content than Miss Hallow, Judge Fear was pleased enough to enjoy the most of his smokes and forwent the drinking, for now. "But my dear, you already know my name. I am certain you are as intelligent as you are blatantly alive." If not insultingly so. His name was not Death, no. Alas, this particular Dark Judge only accompanied Death and that was usually wherever the killing monstrosity traveled. However...

However, being the only Dark Judge around with no brothers in sight made the fiend Death by proxy, didn't it? So, in theory, Miss Hallow already knew his name to an efficient degree. Most likely she would not be satisfied with such a cryptic answer, as most mortals hadn't the patience for that sort of nonsense. "If you have your wits still about you, then you can figure out my name without any detective work," Judge Fear added, exhausting two out of five cigarettes. Ah, a pity. They never make these last for very long.

He removed the duds and snuffed them out on a man's bare forehead, the smell of ash and charred flesh wafting through the air. "All you need are your eyes," he concluded smoothly, glancing back at the woman seated before him.

I spy, with my sinful eye...
    Cailia Hallow
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    620/620  (620/620)
    Stamina Bar:
    114/114  (114/114)

Post by Cailia Hallow on Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:09 pm

Not a care unless they were providing something, a service, entertainment or whatever other luxury that Cailia was seeking that night. An affirmative nod was accompanied by another long drawl from the bottle, to sate that ever burning thirst, which could actually be the alcohol rather than the actual desire to drink.

She tapped the side of the bottle with a neatly filed nail as the Drunken Ghoul said her name aloud, over the light melodies that filtered the air, it was some sort of tune that you would hear and maybe remember it later. "Cailia Hallow it is, no other on this particular soil."But what was in a name? Nothing really, it was more of what was associated with said name. For example; Cailia had a particular stigma about being a rather unpleasant person, which was completely true and in turn made her name one to which people who heard it to recoil. However, for guessing his name, this guy was perhaps overestimating her slightly. "Your name, what, what could your name be? With how that helm of yours is I might be inclined to say a few guesses." The helm was certainly giving mixed signals, so for now, a few more thoughtful sips before Cailia would call out the name of the Dark one.

"Wits? Wits are hard to keep when you've tipped the bottle back a little, don't you agree?" He was the more drunk of the two, Cailia actually hadn't even begun to feel a buzz, just that residual and wonderful burn, the burn of true life. And future liver complications. As he gave another hint, that was sort of gliding right over the hybrid's head ,along with the smell of ash and flesh which made her reflexively curl a lip in disgust. Charred flesh was never, ever a favorite stench of hers, far to odorous for her decidedly more delicate nose. Eying the Judge, like he had implied more or less she was going to conclude that he was in fact named after something dreadful. And before she made her guess known, there was another swig of the drink downed before Cailia gave a long sigh. "If not Death, how about Pain? You look like you could be Pain." Or maybe even hysteria or the most she considered it he would make a convincing Laughter. She wondered what he would think of that guess, as there was a high probability she was dead wrong. Not that she minded in the slightest.

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:03 am

His name had no correlation to that grinning helm, no. Judge Fear was besides himself with amusement, chuckling at how Miss Hallow was struggling with so simple a conundrum. "Unless it is customary on this world to wear one's identity upon their foreheads, you will find nothing of use by staring at the face of Fear," he teasingly noted. The Dark Judge wagged a bony finger back and forth while shaking his head, hissing. "I agree if one were mortal," Judge Fear answered. "However, to those of us blessed in death and freed of life... our wits are always vigilant. I could drink this entire bar dry and then some, and I would never display signs of feebleness." Unless he were drinking with his brothers, of course. Finishing another of his smokes, that left three to remain. He removed the dud, burnt down to a nub, and snuffed it upon yet another man's unconscious face.

"Pain?" the ghoul repeated, perhaps finding something to consider. Judge Fear didn't keep quiet for too long and he next continued, "Fire and Mortis are far more painful, my dear. I consider myself to be of the merciful variety. Perhaps the booze is speeding through your systems fast than you thought?" The answer was, after all, in plain sight. But it could very well be that Miss Hallow needed a hint... Yes, he shall give her one.

Deliberately moving his left arm aside to where his cape now draped behind it, the ghoul's partially-concealed torso became visible. There, in the shadowy contours of poor lighting, something gleamed... What could it be, Miss Hallow?
    Cailia Hallow
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    620/620  (620/620)
    Stamina Bar:
    114/114  (114/114)

Post by Cailia Hallow on Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:50 pm

Cailia stared at the Judge, quite sober actually though perhaps yanking him around. She released a hum before tapping a heel in thought on the bar floor. "I can't say it is. But I don't think Fear has a face. Because what is fear? Everything and yet Nothing." What was this, philosophy this early in the day? Sounded like someone needed to keep knocking the bottle back. But luckily, the woman wasn't close enough to feeling a buzz that she didn't catch that emphasis upon the word fear. So did this make him...Judge Fear? It mulled in her mind before Cailia decided she thought Judge Pain sounded much better. But who was she to judge a name, for it was only a name.

Sighing wistfully, she envied him for a brief moment as he could drink endlessly and never feel the effects...hold the phone. Why would she envy that? Even she appreciated the gut wrenching, head pounding fuzz that only booze could bring. It also helped lower your standards when it came to finding people to talk too, god forbidding if you desired a mediocre conversation. "Sounds like a kill joy, why bother to drink in the first place. Seems a little wasteful." But she was just a mortal, sinning every breath she took and wrinkling her nose in disgust as that charred odor assaulted her once again. Now she was remembering how much she really, really hated that smell, though it brought back a very fond memory of her very first job on Portal Breach. As much as she would have enjoyed a good bout of reminiscing, it did her no good to think of the past or people in it.

So he wasn't Pain, what a pity that was, right? Though now it seemed that while he was in cahoots with Death, there was apparently two others as well. Fire and Mortis did sound relatively more painful but she couldn't imagine Fear being any less so. "Mercy? Why would heralds of Death care about that. Seems like a human thing to care about. And believe me, I wish the booze was moving that fast." On cure, Cailia took an obligatory drink from her bottle and eyed the gleaming little badge, if that was what it was. Apparently keeping a respectful gaze upon his face left her not seeing the lovely trinket pinned upon his breast. She'd have to remember to ogle chests more often for information."Fear, huh? Hmmm...What is Fear, though? Ever wonder that? People say death, but I'd like to think otherwise. I think its what people don't know. The unknown. That is fear. So, Fear, are you the Unknown?" Or where you just a wayward soul lost on justice's path. Surely a human as mortal as she would ask such a question, but such was the nature of sinners.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:52 pm

"No, Fear does not have a face," the ghoul had to agree. At various times throughout his glorious career, the Dark Judge had sometimes pondered the consequences of not having a face to claim as his own. Certainly this helm could very well serve as his "face", but it was just that: a cold, metal substitute that felt nothing. It was an identity, but not - as Miss Hallow had put it - a face. Judge Fear for the most part kept quiet and resumed savouring his smokes, at the moment content to let Miss Hallow speak. She was doing such a marvelous job, besides. "Indeed... Why even bother to live?" he inquired back, lounging. Actions were all very relative when one got down to it. When you're dead, you're dead. There's no changing that, so why not enjoy a few things mortals had to offer in the meantime of your eternal service? It was a bit dull when your host body couldn't taste everything in their proper glory, however...

Miss Hallow wrote:"Mercy? Why would heralds of Death care about that. Seems like a human thing to care about. And believe me, I wish the booze was moving that fast."
    Ah, a most excellent question. The Dark Judge heard Miss Hallow's words and he heard them well. "We are the good shepherds fighting against the tides of sin," he replied with that echoing, ethereal voice. "It is through mercy and our unending love that we toil ceaselessly to bring sinners closer toward the steps of Providence." A bit more flowery than what Death would have argued, but Fear was not Death and Death was not Fear.

Fire would have hissed some flamboyant nonsense akin to: "It's better to burn than it is to rot!"
    Mortis, dear decaying Mortis, would have countered with a sickly: "And it is better to rot than it is to burn!"

The resulting argument would have lasted an entire session, perhaps the two of them asking their sinners which demise was worse while in the noble process of ferrying the mortals out of wickedness. No... No, Judge Fear definitely considered himself the more thoughtful of the bunch. After all, the armoured Dark Judge was oftentimes seen standing around and looking imposing; rather than flapping his bony gums about pathetic mortals or screaming about water. Or, in Death's case, reciting the time he had brutally murdered a heavy metal band in a city named Gotham...

On second thought, Judge Fear picked up his bottle of whiskey and stared at it forlornly before guzzling the rest of it down. Waste not, want not. Wasn't that right, Miss Hallow?

Miss Hallow wrote:"What is Fear, though?"
    "Fear is whatever you make of it," replied the Dark Judge. He was Fear, more specifically; however, he was also only given power over what frightened sinners the most. He could not set mortals on fire. He could not rot mortals with but one touch alone. And he could not - no, wait... He could phase a hand through mortals and kill them that way. What was the difference between Death and Fear, then? Ah, that's right... Death somehow got all of the glory, the recognition for their dark works. It was Judge Death and the Dark Judges, thereby signifying how the other three were just stooges. Granted, it had been Death's vision that united the four together...

But Death had been the one who went to Mega-City One against their wishes. They had found Judge Dredd and Psi-Judge Anderson.
    But Death had been the one to D-jump to Gotham City. He had found Batman and the Batman, along with Dredd, had bested them.
    But Death had been the one to abandon Fear in limbo. Accursed, endless limbo! They all became stuck in limbo afterwards.

Truly the levelheadedness of a great leader, hah!

Miss Hallow wrote:"So, Fear, are you the Unknown?"
    "Hmph." The fiend had himself a deep inhale and two more cigarettes were burnt down to their butts within seconds. "I am unknown even to my brothers," the Dark Judge responded, removing his useless smokes. This time he did not bother to extinguish them on a mortal's forehead; Judge Fear snuffed the cigarettes on the bar's nearby wooden counter top because it suited him. "There is nothing more elusive and tenebrous as Fear, despite however vague..."

Fear was not something tangible, after all.
    Cailia Hallow
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    620/620  (620/620)
    Stamina Bar:
    114/114  (114/114)

Post by Cailia Hallow on Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:23 pm

Cailia had to wonder why Fear had no face, I mean all things usually had a face, it was sort of the flow of things. But considering the profession, maybe this ghoul needed no face. However, she wasn't going to debate the pros and cons or advise he try to get a face, because what point would that serve? None that she could consider at this moment. But where she was quiet, the one known as Fear turned her question back onto her. "For yourself. To exist, to be and continue living no matter what."" A simple existence, though Cailia really didn't expand on the fact that gaining material wealth was just as important as breathing was. What were you unless you had something to it.

"Shepherds, huh? Mmm...Fighting the good fight, love, mercy and good natured toil." Cailia began to chuckle, swirling the contents of her bottle with a grin."Is it really love and mercy that drive you to do what you do? I can't imagine someone named fear, looking as you do, are someone who cares too much about the 'sinners' in that sense." Call it skepticism, but she just could picture Judge Fear as some sort of Saint, guiding his flock towards the light of Salvation. Like Fear, she too took another gulp of whiskey, finding that neither of them were going to put the spirits to waste.

Leaning back in her chair, gazing at Fear's helm then back to her bottle, Cailia considered Fear being anything that one would make it to be. It was a broad thing, as people feared many things themselves and as a whole. By that, Fear could be any and everything to a person, and that she felt was a true power in itself. "What is it like to be Fear?" To know that you were an embodiment of a greater force, a force that could drive countless minds to the brink and back, cause terrible, awful crimes.

The woman gave a smile, akin to the one a predator gives before it claws apart something trembling and feeble, a pleased grin it was as she was quite liking what was been said and heard. Unknown, was he? Or what he simply a mystery? How did such a being come to exist in such a peculiar state. For perhaps the first time in a long time, Cailia was beginning to be a little more curious about the subject of Fear. It never interested her much to cause it. she caused pain, she rendered the pride of a man to nothing because it was simply one of the pleasures of life. Misery did, and always would, love company."Don't get along with your brothers? I can't blame you, they are just one big pain when all is said and done. I'd think you are lucky to be without them." Now look at him, drinking away in a bar, maybe it was his way of coping. No wound that booze couldn't fill up or make exponential worse. Nodding in agreement with Fear, she felt that something else was on par with fear and she just had to say it. "Nothing but Fear and Insanity, they are just as easily unknown as they are vague, right?" Who knew, you didn't chase around the concept of Fear or Madness to give it an interview.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:47 pm

"To exist is to suffer," remarked Judge Fear. The otherworldly being crossed one sickly leg over the other and resumed his languid posturing. As someone who could not be killed through any means possible, the Dark Judge had no fear of mortals nor time. "I may or may not have an underlying need to satiate my sadistic tendencies," he slowly confessed, sounding a tinge amused. "Where I come from, a world both like and unlike this one, being ruthless and cruel equates to a higher pay grade. Free luncheon vouchers, too." But the Dark Judge did so love his work - enough to sacrifice his mortality, in fact. That was a tremendous sacrifice, wasn't it? To forfeit the right to ultimately retire and sleep in the grave? After all, immortality was not all that it was hyped up to be. "I care enough to tirelessly usher them along into the next life, where they are free from sin and wickedness. Surely they should rejoice at the chance to be saved." And yet... they nearly always refuse.

Miss Hallow wrote:"What is it like to be Fear?"
    Now that was a question the fiend had to spend some thought on.

He didn't reach for another bottle; not this time. Instead, the Dark Judge relished as much as could be possible from his last smoke and pondered. And pondered and pondered and pondered... "You know," he began, sitting more upright. Once in a while he forgot just how heavy the mantraps resting on his shoulders could be. "It's not as glamourous as a mortal would think. Working from midnight to midnight; labour never appreciated; constantly traveling from place to place; not easily understood... Sure, there are perks such as immortality and the ability to kill an unruly upstart with just a single gaze, but it's hard work. I can only gaze into a person's mind and rupture their heart with the thought of grotesque spiders for so many times." Judge Fear much preferred anxieties pertaining to: failure, abandonment, and, always something to take delight in, elevators; particularly elevators hurdling toward the ground level with a snapped cable. Sometimes a fear about drowning was nice, too.

By now his smoke was halfway through, but the Dark Judge didn't pay much mind. He was rather enjoying himself with this mortal's company, oddly. Naturally only because the ghoul couldn't outright kill her. "We don't always get along but we are brothers in spirit. Where one goes, the rest tend to follow." Except in this case... While he didn't miss standing around like one of Death's toadies, he did miss his brothers' presence. Yes, even Judge Fire's flamboyant personality. So much killing to be done and they will most likely be absent...

"It's nice to have a little personal time, however. I consider myself lucky for that." No more fetching Death a ripe body only for him to complain about it!

Fear and Insanity, was it? He found the latter an... interesting prospect for a Dark Judge. "We once found a man whose very existence was madness," Judge Fear contributed, recalling the time they had found a very strange fellow by the name of Joker. "He wasn't fit to be a Judge, but his methods of... persuasions proved fruitful." Who knew that laughter could, as Death would say, knock 'em dead?
    Cailia Hallow
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    620/620  (620/620)
    Stamina Bar:
    114/114  (114/114)

Post by Cailia Hallow on Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:23 pm

It was, and so was it to be many things and to exist. But she wasn't complaining, at least she had all limbs, and a heart beat to keep her going miserably on through. "If that much is true, I'm content to suffer this way. Doing what I please, when it pleases me. Well, after other duties are said and done." That was right, she couldn't just going about taking jobs and doing a causal hit any more. Times had really changed, hadn't they now? But it looked like Cailia had hit the nail on the head, at least partly with asking if all that was done was done with the kind guiding of clawed hand of a caring soul. Turns out, it was more for dark urges and free lunches. "Sounds like my kind of world, though a little low on the standards, aren't they? Must be a different idea of Justice." Cailia mused, finding the idea of it to be hilarious though strange considering that beings of any stature hardly could say what actual justice was. All perspective you see. A man could kill a man for killing another, and that was justice to him, but to family of the man he murdered? No so much justice as a crime.

Tapping a finger on the wood of table, she thought about ushering and that whole act he and his brothers apparently did for some betterment of everything. Great and all that, not her speed really. But the woman was a sinner who liked to sin an awful lot, as was to be expected, of course. "Call it crazy but, hear me out on this one, if someone is a sinner in life, does that change in death? I thought it was all; "Sinner in Life, Hell in Death, or where ever people are supposed to go. Do you see them when they cross to the next life? Do they give you a high-five and smile and congratulate you on freeing them from their fleshy sin containers?" Because Brother Fear she was d-o-u-b-t-i-n-g it, severely so. "They should buuuut, you can lead a horse to the water, but it isn't going to drink the damn water." As expected of a beast of burden.

The hybrid gave a short, and humorless laugh as this immortal creature, this superior being told her that it wasn't all it was cracked up to be. What irony, right? This job, this task, that which he under took for his own desires and the 'betterment' of mankind, was feeling some sort of way about it all."Of course it isn't. Work like that never will be glorious or glamorous as it should or could be. What is immortality of what you do in the grand scheme is just in and out, over and over, forever. You know what? I think you'd make a better mercenary than anything. At least it'd be a change from the plague of sinners." Ah yes, a job that held no joy was no job a man wished to have and she would drink to that over and over. Her gaze fixed itself from Fear to the bottle, the mere concept of brother comradery was just stomach turning, attachments like that were just...pointless. "What is the point in them? Brothers, siblings; blood or spirit, they end up the same. In the way. And who wants to tag along after someone? Who were you? The Leader or The Follower? I mean, you look like an imposing sort, caped and all that." Who was chasing whose coattails? She was curious for the fact that there was inevitably always going to be the head of the pack, and Fear seemed like he could be that Head.

"Of course! I mean, you have a whole new set of terms and conditions. You can do literally anything, you could set up a new shop of operations and have sinner murdering as a weekend thing. A suggestion, really, optional too." Or just retire completely and watch it all go as it went. She wondered what he would do, and Cailia figured he wouldn't be the kind to change the tune and simply abandon what he and his brothers did before hand. Though now, he knew at least, there was a brave new world of jobs ready for the plucking. Cocking her head back to Fear, she grinned with amusement. He had really met such a man? Cailia would admit to meeting her fair share of crazies, but a man of simply just madness, it was fascinating. "The Joker? I bet he knew how to live life, laughing was his gag, I suppose? Not a bad thing, laughing. Though how exactly, did he persuade? Was it murder? Because I'm getting that feeling, no idea why." Just that niggling little feel, you know, since the Judges kind of murdered people but all for the good heart for the sinners.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:00 pm